YambrinZ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Raileks,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=OZZMGp3k,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-31T12:33:12.365+0000) > > Card games are rng based too but its enough rng to not know what your next card will be. We don't also need to include players randomly getting an extra card. Then dont play the game. Speaking of card games, what you are asking for is for everyone to get dealt an "equal" hand in poker. Making everything equal leaves zero room for skill expression. People would just start complaining about "we need more equal champions in the shop" and then "we need to all just tie for first because we are all equal guys".
> [{quoted}](name=YambrinZ,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=OZZMGp3k,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-31T18:19:10.579+0000) > > Then dont play the game. Speaking of card games, what you are asking for is for everyone to get dealt an "equal" hand in poker. Making everything equal leaves zero room for skill expression. People would just start complaining about "we need more equal champions in the shop" and then "we need to all just tie for first because we are all equal guys". Nah, the argument he's making is more like if you were playing poker, and you got dealt one less card than everybody else at the table. Everybody in Poker IS dealt an equal hand, because they're all dealt the same number of cards, it's just that the contents of said hand will vary. People wanting an equal chance is not a bad thing
: Yeah, it does make them more interesting but it breaks the logic they created... Like Aatrox screaming he is a god killer does that actually give him the power to actually kill a god...
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ItEysMYN,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-07-29T16:49:48.347+0000) > > Yeah, it does make them more interesting but it breaks the logic they created... Like Aatrox screaming he is a god killer does that actually give him the power to actually kill a god... Aatrox is essentially a former god himself, Ascended being somewhat weaker gods who were powerful enough to essentially divide their known world between themselves after Azir's death. Not to mention Aatrox has all sorts of nasty blood magic going on and was supposedly one of the most powerful Darkin/Ascended. If it makes sense for anybody to be able to strike down an Aspect it's him. We also know that Aspects die every now and then and can be killed, but usually it's not an issue because the Aspects only have a fraction of their godly power. Meanwhile Pantheon essentially forced himself into Atreus and completely took control unlike the others. Since he was the only one fully driving the ship it makes sense that he would be the only one so far to truly die.
: What Champions would you like to see featured if Riot created a new Cinematic?
Mordekaiser fighting against Runeterra's greatest Thanos style would be pretty awesome
: One Change for each Champion
Riven can no longer animation cancel to output all of her burst instantly. She can now be balanced without having to account for a mechanic that lets her instakill anybody she touches
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=Oy46Keg6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-27T19:22:06.579+0000) > > They finally recycled Diplomatic Immunity as an ability. Thing I’m going to miss the most is Mordes shield passive as an actual passive. why they would bring it back is beyond me, poppy old ult was known to lack counterplay, riot even said if old poppy ever became popular they'd nerf hammer her into the ground and yet here it is again, not as bad as old poppy ult mind you but still quite bad, taking a target out of the fight for 7 seconds is massive
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=Oy46Keg6,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-27T20:37:56.159+0000) > > why they would bring it back is beyond me, poppy old ult was known to lack counterplay, riot even said if old poppy ever became popular they'd nerf hammer her into the ground and yet here it is again, not as bad as old poppy ult mind you but still quite bad, taking a target out of the fight for 7 seconds is massive They gutted out the impossible to balance part of Diplomatic Immunity (I.e, using it then just destroying turrets/the enemy team since there's nothing they can do),
: guys i feel like being an ass hole someone give me a build
Step 1: Pick Singed Step 2: Bind laugh to ~ Step 3: Build anything Your opponent will hate you from the bottom of their heart
Gall (NA)
: Anyone else love Gragas??
I always like it when his Bruiser/Tanky playstyle is in fashion, feels much more fitting to his thematic then the AP poke and burst style
ITZ ICY (EUNE)
: > It's just if your laners lane like humans, you get a cruise control win. If they lane like chimps, you just get to watch yourself slowly lose, and there's no outplaying it. Wait, so you basically want to get carried or not contribute at all when they are losing? Make a gank and help them win, you are not there just to farm jungle and watch your teammates play the game themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=HOT PINK,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6IVtyc3G,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-11T11:11:14.253+0000) > > Wait, so you basically want to get carried or not contribute at all when they are losing? > Make a gank and help them win, you are not there just to farm jungle and watch your teammates play the game themselves. Not much one can do to help chimps when the entire team of them is spam pushing to turret with no regard for the fact that the enemy team has Hecarim (One of the strongest junglers and best gankers in the game currently) and you're Kayn, a champion with literally zero dive potential until level 6, by which point they've made the goddamn hecarim 7/1. Or a similar thing happens when you're Aatrox against Lee and they never follow up on your ganks, going in after they've abandoned you to die and grinding themselves into paste. And yes this may be anecdotal but it makes one fairly salty when the game is a dumpster fire of them feeding and blaming jungle when the game could have been made much easier by your teammates not being an army of chimps with no idea of how to lane.
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x5ENLZQU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-03T21:08:43.269+0000) > > Excuse me? Top lane and jungle tanks **need** waveclear to actually function in those areas. Poppy, Maokai, Nautilus, Zac, Sejuani, Ornn, etc all have one or two AoE abilities that help them push lanes. Sion has so much because he’s also a bully, forcibly pushing lanes to make him easier to gank. > > Support tanks like Braum, Leona, and Tahm aren’t supposed to have good waveclear because their job is protecting their ADC or locking down for them. If they had good waveclear they’d get in the way of farming. Really? Sejuani has the most garbage waveclear in this game and she's still strong (even though she's super overnerfed now, but even before her nerfs waveclear was garbage). You're wrong. Tanks don't need godlike waveclear. They just need their cc and they're good.
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x5ENLZQU,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-10-03T21:37:30.604+0000) > > Really? Sejuani has the most garbage waveclear in this game and she's still strong (even though she's super overnerfed now, but even before her nerfs waveclear was garbage). You're wrong. Tanks don't need godlike waveclear. They just need their cc and they're good. A tank without waveclear/AoE becomes useless, as they become unable to lane effectively or clear the jungle effectively, sticking them with support as their only useful role. Unlike other roles they don't build damage, so they can't delete their way through things with autos/single target abilities like other champions
: Tahm Kench "Change" is actually a hard nerf
RIP Kench, they're killing him at the point of the game he's strongest. Not only is this a heavy nerf to his HP, but it'll hit his early damage, early farming, all of that as well due to his passive
: Noxus vs Demacia
My guess is that Noxus wins, but its an absolute meat-grinder that makes victory Pyrrhic. Demacians are nationalistic to the extreme its somewhat been shown, so I imagine that even if Noxus wins the war its either -Put every Demacian to the sword and move their own settlers into the region after committing genocide. -Or deal with mass rebellion and unrest from the region constantly for centuries to come Yeah Demacia sits on a lot that is of value (Petricite is probably a fairly valuable resource), but the amount of soldiers Noxus has to throw into the meat-grinder to get at it makes it not worth taking (The same reason that many small nations survived next to giant ones historically). It would also possibly weaken them to the point that other Noxian holdings could likely break free if they chose. Pretty much no reason for Noxus to try and grind down Demacia so long as they keep themselves in the isolated position that they hold.
: Still better than some of the models I saw in that new Star Wars movie, just saying. Or maybe not so new anymore. The angsty one with the ugly birdthings.
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=92oA5BRt,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-09-21T21:13:33.090+0000) > > Still better than some of the models I saw in that new Star Wars movie, just saying. Or maybe not so new anymore. The angsty one with the ugly birdthings. I mean, in terms of texturing and modeling the Porgs are actually pretty fucking well done. Yeah they're annoying, but the texture and model work is A grade, as are most the creatures in modern Star Wars.
: > [{quoted}](name=SociaI Justice,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EnZMAEHM,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:53:59.572+0000) > > bronze is actually quite useful for many things, while iron isn't really used for anything anymore. I guess steel, trains, housing appliances and cars aren't made from iron but bronze. http://minnesotairon.org/10-things-you-use-every-day-made-from-minnesota-iron/
> [{quoted}](name=Vapor Wave Vibes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EnZMAEHM,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:03:11.696+0000) > > I guess steel, trains, housing appliances and cars aren't made from iron but bronze. http://minnesotairon.org/10-things-you-use-every-day-made-from-minnesota-iron/ I mean, to be fair pretty much the only thing Iron is used for now is making steel, since steel is superior to Iron in every single way. And people vastly overstate the 'inferiority' of bronze to Iron, wrought Iron really wasn't that much better than Bronze in regards to its strength, the main reason Iron overtook Bronze is because Iron is far more common (Tin in particular became somewhat of an issue towards the end of the Bronze age). The only thing that really made Iron better than Bronze is the fact that you can easily turn Iron into Steel, which is far superior. Even then, Bronze still had, and still has, plenty of uses that Iron (And in many cases steel) can't match.
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=id78KepA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T17:21:07.966+0000) > > If I go by this logic, then what is the silver or gold age? Gold and Silver are really poor choices for making tools and weapons with, considering theyre barely sturdier than liquid water.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=id78KepA,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-19T17:30:47.562+0000) > > Gold and Silver are really poor choices for making tools and weapons with, considering theyre barely sturdier than liquid water. To be fair it depends on the weapon you're referring to. Silver and Gold could feasibly be used to make bullets (They have similar properties to lead in regards to weight/density/softness), though they probably wouldn't be as effective as lead itself
: Would Aatrox work with the watchers to destroy runeterra?
"Ta’anari swept his gaze around his fellow Sunborn—brothers and sisters once united by unbreakable bonds of love and duty that were, in time, revealed to be as brittle as glass. Unimaginable power had wrought their bodies, drawn from a realm beyond comprehension to sculpt their mortal flesh in ways none living now could recreate." Just so you know, Ta'anari is referring to the process of Ascension when he is thinking this. Ta'anari is looking back on it as a fond memory, if they were referring to changes caused by the void they likely would have used warped instead of wrought (Warped has a far more negative connotation to it). The only corruption that Twilight of the Gods makes ANY reference to is corruption of the mind, AKA, the Madness that the Darkin display after their encounters with the void, its a common trope when dealing with Eldritch Horrors. Every single Darkin present in the story is still an animal-styled Ascended
: I'd assume it's because humans as a species are fucking *idiots*, and are usually the least magically-inclined of any race in a fantasy world. Yordles and Vastaya and demons all probably sense that it's a Darkin, and know the penalties that would bring. That makes it much harder for the Darkin to tempt them into picking up the weapon. Humans are greedy, arrogant dumbasses, though, so not only are they generally too *stupid* to know to resist it, they may *deliberately* try to wield the Darkin for power or influence or because they're arrogant enough to think they can control it. For the Voidborn, however, you have to note that the Darkin are fallen Ascended (We know this from one of Riot's recent stories). They fought and went mad against the Voidborn. Odds are they *can't* or *won't* control the Voidborn. So I assume it's less to do with the form (Although they might *prefer* humans individually, and for the Voidborn it's just a can't or won't), and more to do with the availability of people to possess. Humans are more common and more likely to fall for it, so they primarily get humans.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eqgcUixe,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-30T20:02:18.479+0000) > > I'd assume it's because humans as a species are fucking *idiots*, and are usually the least magically-inclined of any race in a fantasy world. > > Yordles and Vastaya and demons all probably sense that it's a Darkin, and know the penalties that would bring. That makes it much harder for the Darkin to tempt them into picking up the weapon. **Humans are greedy, arrogant dumbasses, though, so not only are they generally too *stupid* to know to resist it, they may *deliberately* try to wield the Darkin for power or influence or because they're arrogant enough to think they can control it.** > {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:141}}
: Demacia has inconsistent lore?
Eh, Demacia not trying to interact much with other people isn't too strange, especially given their position. They're hemmed in with mountains at their back and an expansionist antagonistic empire surrounding them on almost all other sides. The only people they actually border or could interact with aside from Noxus are the Freljord (Doesn't the lore have interactions between Demacia and some of the tribes?), and Targon (Demacia doesn't consider it much else but a death sentence to try and climb). They can't easily interact with Piltover or Zaun, as the map shows that Noxus controls the seas on the way there, and the two nations are hostile to one another. Demacia's position is the type that would pretty much encourage an inward focused nation that would isolate itself from most of the world. That doesn't necessarily mean xenophobia would be rampant, it just means that the nation is probably wary of outsiders. Even then, xenophobic nations (Fairly rare outside of nationalistic fascist nations) in reality historically allowed for those outsiders who were useful, which are categories that Xin and Shyvana would certainly fall into.
gerbe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OYuJn4vl,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T17:28:48.671+0000) > > Not nessecarily. > > Aatrox was specifically mentioned to be bound to an aspect. > > If the same is true for other Ascended it's likely they all have that kind of power. **one** aspect had the knowledge of how to kill the ascended and trap the rest into weapons. no ascended could do that. ascended also never had abilities and manipulation of an element. ascended are only superhumans, with superhuman abilities. aspects also can’t die to my knowledge. aspect > ascended.
> [{quoted}](name=imgrabe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OYuJn4vl,comment-id=000000000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:52:48.370+0000) > > **one** aspect had the knowledge of how to kill the ascended and trap the rest into weapons. no ascended could do that. ascended also never had abilities and manipulation of an element. ascended are only superhumans, with superhuman abilities. aspects also can’t die to my knowledge. aspect > ascended. Note, an aspect itself can't die as far as we're aware. You would probably need to destroy the spirit or whatever the hell it is, which is something that I imagine would take somebody of Sol or Nagakabourus level to do. However, their hosts CAN certainly die, and from the sounds of it, while powerful they are limited by their host's durability and flesh. Pantheon's Biography and Diana's Short Story (Where she is wounded by minor void-spawn) both give the idea that they might not be quite as powerful physically as the Ascended, thus why the Trickster Aspect relied on an Ascended to create a weapon that could destroy them, and relied on humans to do the job proper. Honestly, the only Aspect who sounds anywhere near the level Ascended have been described as warriors is Pantheon, and even then his flesh is still confined to the limitations of the Aspects.
AIIan (EUW)
: So Rengar's tribe is so backward that Klingon promotion works there ? I sure hope that his tribe isn't actually sitting on top of a giant reserve of precious natural ressources or Piltover is going to decimate them without breaking a sweat. ... Though through the power of quality writing, individualist savages with knives tend to beat up trained commandos equiped with assault rifles and mechas pretty frequently when there's an ecological point to be made, so I guess that Rengar's atrocious tribe will stand the test of time will advanced civilization crumble under their "decadence". Not expecting much more from a staff that call the new Noxus vs Demacia lore "nuanced".
> [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=11LuiRMI,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-09-09T17:19:35.290+0000) > > So Rengar's tribe is so backward that Klingon promotion works there ? I sure hope that his tribe isn't actually sitting on top of a giant reserve of precious natural ressources or Piltover is going to decimate them without breaking a sweat. > > ... Though through the power of quality writing, individualist savages with knives tend to beat up trained commandos equiped with assault rifles and mechas pretty frequently when there's an ecological point to be made, so I guess that Rengar's atrocious tribe will stand the test of time will advanced civilization crumble under their "decadence". Not expecting much more from a staff that call the new Noxus vs Demacia lore "nuanced". To be fair tribals usually have the advantage that they're fighting closer to home and can thus bring way way way more soldiers to bear than invading powers if the tribals unite. They're also typically better warriors on a man-to-man basis (Though usually suck at large-scale combat and conflicts). Better weapons also can only do so much against superior numbers of warriors who aren't incompetent (As we saw historically with colonizing powers having to rely on turning the natives against one another). As to small numbers of individualist warrior tribes whipping the asses of more advanced people, we saw it to some extent in reality when Natives in the US were kicking the shit out of the far better organized and equipped US military up into the late 1800s (They lost in drawn-out battles, when it came to raiding and skirmishing they fucking whipped the cavalry, thus why the cavalry started targeting encampments and food supplies rather than trying to fight them). So basically, unless Piltover sent over an actual army, any small group they sent would probably get torn apart by skirmishers and hunters fighting as guerrillas.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: So, Netflix is supposedly going to cast a non-white actress as Ciri for their Witcher show
I could see her being slightly darker, Roman style at most though, given that she shares human blood with Nilfgaard (Which has a lot in common with Rome and is a southern empire). Anything much darker than that though would feel pretty out of place in the setting. In any case, if they change her color at the very least they then need to match the race of every person associated for the story to have any logic. Emhyr and by extension, the majority of Nilfgaard (Since conquered peoples are considered lesser and wouldn't be allowed to rule Nilfgaard) have to have their races be the same as Ciri's
Rioter Comments
: Unfinished Akali cinematic Riot made for Thunderdome
Looks very nice, would be neat to see it reach completion. Also, I've gotta say I loved the bit where it jumped to an unrendered scene for a brief moment, was just slightly unexpected and funny to see just pop up
: me too but i think the music used was not theirs cause I heard that from somewhere in the past. Maybe from an anime?
> [{quoted}](name=JonnyBoyy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VbsfEtRi,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T22:28:36.578+0000) > > me too but i think the music used was not theirs cause I heard that from somewhere in the past. Maybe from an anime? This was a work in progress, they probably took a song that fit to help set the mood for the animators and other people working on it.
: Braun wall has a lower cooldown is a tank and is build to support. You talk about outplay but theres no way for a yasuo to dodge an auto. You didnt even adress the fact that he basically doesnt have an ability the entire game because of that.
> [{quoted}](name=The steam life,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JHtKhttx,comment-id=0043000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-14T22:49:06.274+0000) > > Braun wall has a lower cooldown is a tank and is build to support. You talk about outplay but theres no way for a yasuo to dodge an auto. You didnt even adress the fact that he basically doesnt have an ability the entire game because of that. I never necessarily said he needs to lose it on an auto, just that the ability, with how absurdly powerful it is, should have counterplay. However, I need to think of what the best ways to implement said counterplay would be. Personally I like the idea of it only being able to intercept a certain number of things before breaking. It doesn't punish him for using it reflexively to block a big hit, but it does punish him for using it at bad times
: Towers could be so much more dynamic than they are currently.
The main issue with this method is that it would encourage rushing down a single lane rather than sieging and crushing towers around the map. What would be the point of having a champ like Yorick on your team if it leads to the Nexus turrets inevitably having 700-2100 more HP and dealing far more damage? If anything the game should encourage breaking turrets around the map more than a single push. Making secondary turrets stronger and harder to break (Double armor/MR or so) until outers have been broken would be an interesting idea, and so on with the other turrets. It reduces the power of split-pushing reasonably and makes it so that a single ace isn't game-ending as early as it is (As currently you get them walking down a lane, taking out 2-3 turrets, and an inhib). Also allows pusher champs to still have a niche, as they can shove to take down turrets that are slowing down their sieges elsewhere. It also doesn't punish the rest of the team for one person succeeding in their lane, it actually encourages said person to move about and assist their team rather than mindlessly shoving down one lane.
: If Teemo was a 2018 CertainlyT Champ
TBH, watching Teemo bounce off his shrooms would be pretty fucking adorable. Until the little shit shoots you in the eye and sends you into a blind rage
gerbe (NA)
: “Too Much Disney”
Its so Disney that he even has a dead mother {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: The biggest thing holding League back is....League.
I don't know how I feel about an MMO (Unless it was an MMO with a more active combat system it would suffer from the same grindy feel most MMOs have), but the lore they're setting up would make for an excellent RTS style game. Hell, I could even see a card-game spawning from it provided they flesh out the troops of the factions more and more. With the amount of lore-building they're doing there are quite a few options for a potentially excellent game in other genres. And its not like this would harm development of League, Riot is at the point where they could easily branch into other games while maintaining what they currently have should they choose to expand.
: Alright cant wait to see the morde rework and your inevitable crying. I'll be there to tell you he's technically still in a suit of armor when they turn him into a medieval paladin.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=17OBfvaW,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-08-13T12:41:22.508+0000) > > Alright cant wait to see the morde rework and your inevitable crying. I'll be there to tell you he's technically still in a suit of armor when they turn him into a medieval paladin. To be fair a change into a paladin type would be a fairly big shift in direction from what Morde's lore suggests. If anything he would be cast in a similar light to somebody like Lord Soth, a Death Knight/Fallen Paladin. This is different as Nunu is still a playful child riding a yeti, they just shifted the Yeti's appearance to be of a more unique design
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8IBxQmyZ,comment-id=0002000200010000,timestamp=2018-08-07T17:12:36.924+0000) > > Since when did old!Aatrox ever "aid" mortals? He would extend wars, making the battles bloodier and the atrocities harsher. If anything, he was just less explicit about wanting to destroy everything, He was the exact opposite of wanting to destroy everything. He wanted to prolong everything. He specifically went for helping the losing party. If he wanted to destroy everything, he'd help the strongest. Plus, we didn't really know what his end goal in this was. We can presume and assume and speculate but his true motives were never described. Maybe he had reason to do what he did beyond just war for the sake of war? We don't know, and with his rework we will never know. > I would hesitate to describe him as simply a "big screaming lunatic" as well, as he gets VERY quiet and introspective at times (his interaction with Void champs being a standout example). His long move voicelines are his only saving grace of what his original personality was. And even in his voice line against Void champs, he still breaks character and says "Shit", which feels completely out of place for someone who's supposed to be this big ancient god-warrior dude. > While I'm on the topic of Aatrox, you say you want more personality, but you found more personality in the version that was more mysterious (arguably just for the sake of mystery)? I didn't find "more" personality in the old Aatrox. But I did find it more unique. No other champion in the game was as mysterious as he was, barring maybe someone like Bard or something. The whole "Rawr I'm angry and I hate everything" has already been done plenty of times with other champions like Renekton, Gangplank and Kled and feels so bland now. > As for Akali, her VGU is supposed to represent a character development. She _used_ to think like that, but then that kind of mentality got the Kinkou slaughtered, and Shen just refuses to do anything about it? I'd be ticked the hell off too and would probably also leave and find my own path. The whole jump from old Akali to new Akali just feels odd. One day she's loyal and the next she's rebellious. Her tone of voice is different, her personality is completely off. Her whole character did a 180. I find it hard to believe Akali could go from what she used to be to what she is now just like that. > (also since when is Camille edgy? A bit dark, maybe, but the only things about her I'd call edgy are her legs) She's constantly aloof and berates others and thinks she's so much better than everyone else. That's a lil' edgy if you ask me.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8IBxQmyZ,comment-id=00020002000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T17:26:49.779+0000) > > He was the exact opposite of wanting to destroy everything. > > He wanted to prolong everything. > > He specifically went for helping the losing party. > > If he wanted to destroy everything, he'd help the strongest. The thing is that that isn't how destruction and war work. If Aatrox helped the winning side the war would become shorter, less people would likely die (War ending quicker), and there would be a guaranteed victor. What Aatrox did was throw himself into random battles and wars that have nothing to do with him, with no care for cause or participant and drive the losing side to victory and atrocities in a single battle. By helping the loser he prolongs the war, extending the amount of destruction and death that occurs. Aatrox doesn't continue to help them, he abandons them, leaving both sides weakened and with a definitive victory much further off. The dude was legit nothing but a 'mysterious' Murder-hobo who shows up randomly to kill people and extend wars. Hell, he straight up slaughtered Tryn's tribe for no reason but to kill people. I wasn't a fan of the old lore for him, but if you were that's fine. Everybody has their likes and dislikes, and we can agree to disagree
: Proposed Tryn ult mini-rework
That would actually be a nice ability, it adds more interaction for the opponent while keeping the thematic of Tryn as an undying berserker. Also, as to Alex's comment, there's actually a Barbarian in 5e that does a similar thing, the Zealot from XGTE can keep going even after they would have died, though they die at the end provided no healing is provided.
: Can people please stop suggesting this it’s such a stupid idea. It basically makes the shield pointless against range because it would always be better to just not get hit. In addition one auto would basically take away an ability for 20 seconds. And it’s so uninteractive because there’s literally nothing the yasuo can do from getting the shield popped and making him only have 3 abilities. So for the good lord stop
> [{quoted}](name=The steam life,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JHtKhttx,comment-id=00430000,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:10:20.391+0000) > > Can people please stop suggesting this it’s such a stupid idea. It basically makes the shield pointless against range because it would always be better to just not get hit. In addition one auto would basically take away an ability for 20 seconds. > > And it’s so uninteractive because there’s literally nothing the yasuo can do from getting the shield popped and making him only have 3 abilities. > > So for the good lord stop One of the most powerful defensive tools in the game (On a basic ability mind you), that comes with no negative to the user, should have some counterplay methods, especially when it counteracts a ton of the game's most powerful abilities (Any projectile). Hell, at least Braum has to throw himself in the way and soak it up himself with directional facing rather than just throwing out a 2-3 times larger omnidirectional skill wall that deletes any ability that so much as clips it
Ahpe (NA)
: Let's rework Yasuo's Wind Wall
Honestly in regards to champs that get screwed by Windwall, one of the worst ones I've encountered is Ornn. A Yasuo has to be braindead to not be able to cancel out your ult with it due to the long delay and heavily telegraphed path of it.
: Armor is not useless when it prevents one shots. To anyone saying armor is useless. https://youtu.be/nOeYNxNAdac?t=406
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WLbUt63o,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-07-26T15:34:59.962+0000) > > Armor is not useless when it prevents one shots. > > To anyone saying armor is useless. > > https://youtu.be/nOeYNxNAdac?t=406 To be fair, Tryn ain't building much in the way of pen against the biggest armor tank in the game. If he was cutting through that there would legitimately be no point in building armor.
Ranmiaku (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Draconian565,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q6e8t8HU,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-26T00:13:24.726+0000) > > The damage is actually far less than you think. Over the span of 30 seconds, his current W can be used twice for 40% magic damage at Lv1 vs 31% at Lv1 in the same amount of time. Factoring in 25% base magic reduction on everyone, that's 30% to 23.25% max health. > > Now, take into account Tahm's mana pool, which is ~300 mana at Lv1 and ends up at 1005 at Lv18. > > Currently, no one is going to let you get a free three stacks on them so you have to use Q minimum, which is 50 mana each devour. That's another 100 mana. He would be at 50 mana after factoring in mana regen, not being able to harass more afterwards, while the enemy is still at 50%-70% health. > > And lastly, he doesn't max W first, otherwise he really would never get devours off against semi-competent players. Q > W > E so the damage is stagnant until Lv7/8, which is when he puts a second point in, and the third point at Lv10. Buy a merc threads, his damage falls off even more. Buy a spectral's cowl, well, Tahm's not going to kill you if you play it smart. > > There's also the problem where Tahm would not be able to do ANYTHING until his W is back up so the enemy, who likely have sub 10 second CD as top lane or 10-14s CDs as supports, that's a 10-15 second window where Tahm basically is a cannon minion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1cAeOzjW9M watch that at 2:20, i dont quite understand where his damage is lacking, he has a corrupting pot, and damn near assassinates the camille
> [{quoted}](name=Ranmiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q6e8t8HU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-07-26T01:06:22.419+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1cAeOzjW9M > > watch that at 2:20, i dont quite understand where his damage is lacking, he has a corrupting pot, and damn near assassinates the camille To be fair that Camille played like a monkey. You don't go outside your minions when fighting Tahm unless you're confident that you can dodge his Q, Kench is a lane bully who rules over most champs at levels 1-3 if you don't play against him properly
: Ryze: Call of Power | Cinematic - League of Legends
That new voice of Ryze's is pretty damn sweet I've got to say. I like that his build in the video feels more appropriate to a magus than a fighter as well.
Profirix (NA)
: Tahm Kench Changes: A little concerning.
Hippity Hoppity its time to Stoppity
: IT'S HERE - Map of Runeterra
So, for curiosity sake, do the voodoo lands and Kumuju still exist? I didn't find them on the map. And honestly, one thing I wonder is who controls that span of territory between Noxus and Demacia. I doubt either nation would agree to it being neutral/uncontrolled, and it looks like nice fertile green riverland.
Eternäl (NA)
: Riot, please let your female champs be muscular
If they update Ashe's appearance at some point I hope they make her upper body decently muscled, somebody who spends their life shooting a longbow would have pretty powerful muscles up there
CaptainT (NA)
: Nah, that's manly forearms idc who you are. Her forearms are as big as her head lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainT,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r45mq7uE,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-07-16T18:37:23.335+0000) > > Nah, that's manly forearms idc who you are. > > Her forearms are as big as her head lmao. Her forearms are nowhere near as large as her head. Her body is actually quite proportional, she's just muscular as hell. She's basically the female version of Kayn in terms of body type, lean muscle with very little body fat.
Jaspers (EUW)
: Sworn to protect Shurima. Takes it so far into war and battle that outside beings of almighty power had to step in to stop them, did potentially more to himself in order for them to trap him instead of outright killing him like the others were in the Origin story. If he was so innocent, he wouldn't have even taken up his sword in the first place, just left, and he wouldn't be considered a Darkin at all. Instead now he takes over more innocent people, killing them in the process to 'end his suffering' when he could just walk into Icathia/The Void and end it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NjkE9BGs,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2018-07-16T17:00:25.530+0000) > > Sworn to protect Shurima. Takes it so far into war and battle that outside beings of almighty power had to step in to stop them, did potentially more to himself in order for them to trap him instead of outright killing him like the others were in the Origin story. > > If he was so innocent, he wouldn't have even taken up his sword in the first place, just left, and he wouldn't be considered a Darkin at all. Instead now he takes over more innocent people, killing them in the process to 'end his suffering' when he could just walk into Icathia/The Void and end it. I mean, tbh that sounds like a pretty accurate summary of legitimately every empire's collapse on the face of earth. When a huge emperor dies its pretty damn common for empires to turn into bloody war zones as heirs, warlords, and claimants carve out their own territories and fight for control. The only difference with Shurima being that the warlords happened to be powerful god-warriors that were near immortal and had been driven somewhat mad by their encounters with the Void. Yeah, he wasn't good. But he wasn't much more evil than any other warlord
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NjkE9BGs,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-07-16T09:46:50.709+0000) > > I don't get this, Aatrox's old "personality" was mostly just nihilistic quotes copy pasted. There was 0 context for any of it though he likes war but isn't angry and is thus deeper than new Aatrox who is angry but has reason to be??? > > Fight and be remembered as a hero, or die and be remembered as a coward. > Fight as a hero, or die as a coward > Fight and be remembered, or die and be forgotten > > These are literally the same thing being reworded. There was this aura of mystery behind him. Who is he? Why is he doing this? What's his end goal? His character was a lot more grey, he wasn't fullblown evil, but he wasn't good either. This character just threw that out the window and said "yeah I'm totes evil now".
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NjkE9BGs,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-07-16T09:50:14.152+0000) > > There was this aura of mystery behind him. > > Who is he? > > Why is he doing this? > > What's his end goal? > > His character was a lot more grey, he wasn't fullblown evil, but he wasn't good either. > > This character just threw that out the window and said "yeah I'm totes evil now". There was legit no good to old Aatrox. He was a murderhobo who jumped into random wars he had no stake in for the purpose of killing people and driving others to commit atrocities, he was legit nothing but evil. There's nothing that indicates any care for a cause or how just the side he's helping is. Yeah he helped the underdogs, but he only did it to prolong wars and suffering. Hell, if anything by helping the people who should've failed in the battle, he's simply prolonging the war and loss of life. Not to mention the whole bit where he slaughters Tryn's tribe for no reason
: What is ur favorite Yugioh card
I don't know why, think it might have been my first card. As for better cards, I loved Ancient Gear Golem. https://6d4be195623157e28848-7697ece4918e0a73861de0eb37d08968.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/161928_200w.jpg
ThePikol (EUNE)
: Few things and themes I think would be cool to see in League in the future
When it comes to a large sized female champ the most likely thing I see would be a warrior type character (Melee focus most likely), with a body type along the lines of somebody like Sister Hannah (Fable 2). She's heavy set, but in a way that doesn't make a parody out of it. Definitely could fit a warrior monk style of character with a focus on more power-based fighting styles [(https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fable/images/c/c4/Sister_hannah.hammer.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20161005233919)] As for other champ archetypes we're missing, a Witch/shaman type character from the Voodoo Lands would be pretty neat (Provided they still exist)
: The majority of people love, Yorick, swains, ect reworks. Aside from galio I have not seen this many people get mad at rework in the short duration I have been playing, its obvious when you have THIS many people calling it out that they made a misstep, its ok to admit it and they can always fix it, I personally like his kit, and I can live with his look, I can't even come close to standing that voice though, viktor sounds fucking awesome, he rocks that Russian accent like a god, and this "Aatrox" sounds like a garbled meme on Instagram.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkone7001,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ptq8QjAE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T22:53:15.885+0000) > > The majority of people love, Yorick, swains, ect reworks. Aside from galio I have not seen this many people get mad at rework in the short duration I have been playing, its obvious when you have THIS many people calling it out that they made a misstep, its ok to admit it and they can always fix it, I personally like his kit, and I can live with his look, I can't even come close to standing that voice though, viktor sounds fucking awesome, he rocks that Russian accent like a god, and this "Aatrox" sounds like a garbled meme on Instagram. Honestly I don't hear the Russian, I hear similarities, but it doesn't have the distinct H and R sounds that Russian accents typically show. It sounds more Hungarian/Balkan areas to me than anything close to Russian
: Ok. Doesn't change my point at all. He's just a stupid screamer with an even dumber accent. I can't believe they greenlit this joke of a VO.
Where are you getting screamer from? He has a naturally louder voice, but you can clearly differentiate his normal voice from his shouting and his low voice, and the normal voice is the one speaking most of the time. Not to mention that this VO absolutely oozes personality and story compared to his old one. His old VO was nothing but war, and has zero complexity to it, hell, his old personality had about as many layers to it as Jax.
: > [{quoted}](name=Emperor Churger,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TEE8aVk0,comment-id=0003000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-12T00:49:51.364+0000) > > I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant if you're already that intimidating and powerful, you don't need some bendy, fancy sword to cut someone in two when you could have a weighted greatsword. Aatrox's old sword was more of a tactical-ish sword that had most of it's strength obtained through it's ability to bend, extend, and then retract, which is more useful when cleaving flesh. New Aatrox's sword is clearly more meant to just break someone's spine in half and crush their skull, possibly in one swing. > > Also, the sword is usually meant for extra reach and the ability to put more weight behind a swing than you yourself could do. The sword Aatrox has there probably makes an enemy's armor work against them by having it cave in with every swing and mess them up real good. > > There's also the fact Aatrox himself is linked to the sword. Exacltly. You don't need a sword to do any of that. An axe would be more suitable. Or just a huge cleaver. Anything some bug mindless brute can lug around. You're just talking about anything big for cutting and hacking. A swordsman isn't a big mindless thug. They're usually trained and skilled with the weapon, favoring stances, shifting of body weight, intricate maneuvers, etc. Doesn't even necessarily have to be "elegant" perse. The thing is, anyone with huge arms and just slam a weapon onto somebody. Doens't take much skill or sense. I think his initial wording as a "machine" was quite fitting to what you both have described. Just a giant, beefy, mindless machine that slams a weapon on somebody. You can easily replace the sword with a club because the only thing that will change is the effects from a cleave to a smash. You don't need to know how to use a sword to do that is the piont.
Honestly a being that is focused on war wouldn't give a shit about all that fancy stuff. In war trying to pull off intricate/elegant maneuvers does nothing but get you killed. There's a reason weapons like Rapiers were almost purely civilian dueling weapons compared to brutish weapons that would be described as Greatswords (Heavily used by Germanic mercenaries) or saw use with a shield. The whole elegant swordmaster shtick is almost purely a fantasy of eastern culture, where the warrior caste hardly touched their elegant weapon when it came to war and instead used more practical weapons like bows and polearms. There is no grace in war, a man is just as dead whether you use fancy swordplay to kill him or not.
: Can anyone explain why Nautilus is so big? Is he just huge because Riot thought it'd be cool, or is there an actual story reason for it?
> [{quoted}](name=Crow Nebula,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PlfXg0Mo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-01T09:28:31.358+0000) > > Can anyone explain why Nautilus is so big? Is he just huge because Riot thought it'd be cool, or is there an actual story reason for it? Big is cool
remakoro (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RfodovJF,comment-id=000600000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-29T01:54:00.238+0000) > > actually, it's only new as being recognized academically as a career worth pursuing. Game design has been a thing since the first GUI were being used Even if you gonna count very ancient devices its still pretty recent thing. (btw since when it is career worth pursuing? i was pretty sure it still gets the same treatment as art. something only dummy or complete lunatic would go for)
> [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RfodovJF,comment-id=0006000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-29T02:04:59.899+0000) > > Even if you gonna count very ancient devices its still pretty recent thing. > > (btw since when it is career worth pursuing? i was pretty sure it still gets the same treatment as art. something only dummy or complete lunatic would go for) Its been a valid career path for a time, though its one of those fields where a degree isn't really that important compared to your portfolio/connections. People treat it like art, but the thing is, unlike most arts, there's actually quite a few jobs out there for game designers (Either with small startups or the big name companies). Not to mention there's always the sims industry
Show more

Lajinn5

Level 143 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion