: Is it me, or Jinx is too much of a carry?
You can absolutely shred her early game if you have counterpick and can completely get fed enough to make her useless. There's literally nothing she can do into Tristana/Alistar, Cait/Morg, and Lucian/Thresh for example. You have to force her to fight early game when she has nothing but autos to fight you with, if you're trying to go even or scale against a Jinx you just opt into losing.
: Why doesnt every new account start in iron
Starting every account in Silver allows those players who are worse than the average drop into the lower ranks while also giving smurf accounts a relatively quick way out. If every account started in Iron, there would be nowhere for the worse players to go; Iron would be filled with players of wildly different skill levels, completely negating the tier system we have.
: Wait hol' up. "if a mage hits you with their skillshots they are broken and oppressive. If adcs hit you with splash damage that ISNT a skillshot, you deserve it" BIAS CONFIRMED TY COME AGAIN
> I, too, will quote something that wasn't actually there while ignoring literally everything else that doesn't fit my own narrative Yes, because it's harder to dodge a projectile that can be placed anywhere within 1000 units than it is to be hit by something that splashes off a minion. The counterplay to one is to predict it coming and hope you can dodge it, the counterplay to the other is to not stand where the skill can hit you. Never said mages are broken and oppressive, just that they have safer means to poke than the ADC's you were trying to shoehorn into your argument.
: >Except this whole analogy is stupid. You are punished way more for eating a spell than an auto attack. For most mages, missing your spell and having no cooldowns puts you in a vulnerable state and any person with awareness knows that and can punish you for it. >Also it’s much harder to constantly dodge a 1100 range ability than not let the adc walk up and auto you at less than 600 range. You deserve to get downvoted but you won’t. If you can't sidestep projectiles you deserve to be morg ccd. If you can't sidestep projectiles you deserve to be morg ccd. If you can't sidestep projectiles you deserve to be morg ccd. If you can't sidestep projectiles you deserve to be morg ccd. If you can't sidestep projectiles you deserve to be morg ccd. I also think you're forgetting that jinx rockets do splash damage. Mf q goes to next traget and as such ends up being rather easy to hit. Lucian can dash in. Ezreal can also dash in. Kaisa also has a speed up and a dash, Tristana also has a dash. Jee wow, it's almost like adcs are given the tools to dodge and avoid mage damage, but because a mage is NOT an idiot and hits them, they should be punished. Now to reiterate what you said back to you You deserve to get downvoted but you won’t. because boards hates the ideas of mages bot lane and wants to go back to leone the tank one shotting shit left and fucking right.
> [{quoted}](name=KíttyBun,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZOoq2HG,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-01T17:02:41.938+0000) > > For most mages, missing your spell and having no cooldowns puts you in a vulnerable state and any person with awareness knows that and can punish you for it. > Most mage players are smart enough to _not_ use their important CC ability for simple poke. Most mage champs that are played bot lane have a poke _and_ CC ability, so they can hold onto it all they want while poking you and staying safe at range. > I also think you're forgetting that jinx rockets do splash damage. > Mf q goes to next traget and as such ends up being rather easy to hit. > Lucian can dash in. > Ezreal can also dash in. > Kaisa also has a speed up and a dash, > Tristana also has a dash. > Jee wow, it's almost like adcs are given the tools to dodge and avoid mage damage, but because a mage is NOT an idiot and hits them, they should be punished. Jinx rockets and MF Q punish you for not positioning properly around your wave. If you get hit by either of these, you deserve it. Most mages played bot can punish you no matter where you're standing in lane because they have some AOE placed damage source and not a minion blocked skillshot. You know, like {{champion:99}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:161}} . ADC mobility is too costly to be used to dodge poke spells like what most mages can throw out from 1000 range, if you're rather suggesting to use the mobility to punish their poke, then they can just hit you for free with their saved CC spell. Using mobility on ADC's is always a double punishment for using an average ~20% of your mana pool while also now being easy CC/Poke prey for the mage. Mages on the other hand lose on average ~15% of their mana pool and are short some damage if they miss. If we assume both players are: >NOT an idiot Then the mage player always comes out ahead in the laning phase.
: I Am A Support Main and When ADC Bans My Champ
Seems like a gross overreaction unless you have screenshots to show that this player legit said something like "Don't play X, play Y" or "X is garbage, play something more useful". Perhaps they just permaban your champ cause they don't want to deal with it. That's the majority of the reason Yasuo and Blitz have higher than average win rates. People just don't want to deal with the champ. If you banned my hovered champ I'd probably be a little upset I guess, but something else fills the role I was trying to play. It's not something to troll the game over, there are other champs to play.
: "Thinking and skill expression is dead" but also "I miss when the only thinking I had to do was, 'buy armor.'" So you're asking for a game to be decided by stats rather than proper positioning and mechanical skill.
> Thinking and skill expression is dead If the enemy team thinks hard enough, they wouldn't pick full AD. Champ select and knowing which champion to pick for your team takes skill and is a huge part of the game people gloss over. There's a reason Pro teams hire a coach for their drafts. OP is more referencing the fact that there is just a shit ton of damage in the game and everybody dies (or becomes so low they're useless) within a single skill rotation. > I miss when the only thinking I had to do was, 'buy armor.' You should be able to hard outstat a shitty draft with an armor/mr stacking tank. That's the way the game works, it's the reason we take turns picking champions, and it's the reason we have champions designed _specifically_ to counter AP or AD threats. If you couldn't roll through a full AD team as an armor stacking Rammus, then why would you pick Rammus instead of something more general, like Sejuani? > So you're asking for a game to be decided by stats rather than proper positioning and mechanical skill. Proper positioning and mechanical skill will still win you a fight even if there's a tanky ball of stats on the enemy team. There's 4 other champions on your team that can make that kitable ball of stats completely useless. You also have the option _not_ to attack this tank specifically designed to eat your damage and to instead position better to hit their carries. Or, you know, draft some other damage so that the AP threat can deal with an armor stacking tank and vice versa. It's almost like there should be some major detriment to allowing a tank to build 6 full items that increase their survivability specifically against the damage you're dealing, _wow who would've thought right?_
: > [{quoted}](name=LazyW0lf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4goUnrRk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-30T13:37:51.111+0000) > > Straight from the Terms of Use, section 4.3: > > You don't own anything, you simply unlock the right to use the product. > > Section 4.4 notifies you that you must agree to the terms that you _do not own anything even if you choose to use real money_. You must agree to this in order to play the game. > > [Source](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#virtual-goods) the whole point of the video is that terms of service can be voided by law
> [{quoted}](name=Sister meow,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4goUnrRk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-30T19:59:07.821+0000) > > the whole point of the video is that terms of service can be voided by law The video discusses _buying_ games as a service, like Anthem and Destiny. He also discusses subscription based games, such as World of Warcraft. The entire point the speaker is trying to get across is that you paid for a _good_ (i.e. the game) with promise of _service_ and is questioning what should happen in the law after the expected service is no longer given. He does not mention free to play games because they are not a good, they are a service, thus not fitting into the "Goods as a service" model. The definition of a "good" implies ownership and explicitly includes tangibility, neither of which you have in a free to play model game. You don't own anything, you are paying for the ability to use it. (As stated in the Terms of Use)
: League is a game as a service
Straight from the Terms of Use, section 4.3: > You have no ownership or other property interest in any of the Virtual Goods you unlock, regardless of whether you acquired access to those Virtual Goods using Riot Points, Blue Essence or Hextech Crafting. Virtual Goods have no monetary value. You can’t redeem them for cash. You can’t obtain any refunds for purchasing Riot Points or Virtual Goods, except as expressly permitted by us. You can find our current content refund policy here. >We have the right to delete, alter, move, remove, or transfer any and all Game Content—including Virtual Goods—in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you, and with no liability of any kind to you. We don’t provide or guarantee, and expressly disclaim, any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers we operate or control, including any Game Content attributed to your account. The sale or transfer of your right to access certain Virtual Goods, Blue Essence, Riot Points or Hextech Items may only be conducted via services approved of or provided by us, if any. You don't own anything, you simply unlock the right to use the product. Section 4.4 notifies you that you must agree to the terms that you _do not own anything even if you choose to use real money_. You must agree to this in order to play the game. [Source](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#virtual-goods)
: vandiril has yet to tell us why he unlisted this video showcasing that the pbe is a waste of resourc
PBE is kept alive so that it can be used as a second step in the development process. There should be an internal dev server that they can use for risky changes like changing or cleaning up code, then they push things to PBE as a collective unit and for users to find the bugs while the dev team works on other areas or has meetings. It's meant to kill two birds with one stone and keep the process moving along, while also not having to hire hundreds of bug testers. Yes, unfortunately the PBE is not a place where all bugs are fixed because there are so many of them. There's always a priority list and if the devs can't reproduce the issue within 1-2 minutes, they'll move onto another bug in the list. It's up to the users to compile the bug report properly, which is why the PBE forums have a template to use and ask the user to be as specific as possible. They'll check off bugs from the list but keep priority bugs on their mind to sink more time into when they can spare it. TL;DR: PBE is kept alive to help RIOT save time and money, while also keeping development moving. Not all bugs can be fixed quickly and devs rely on the users to compile a proper report, which does not always happen.
: Say the reasons you dislike the current state of the game
* Tank items are garbage * Balance team is biased towards adding more damage on all roles, rather than other actual meaningful (thoughtful) changes * {{item:3161}} exists
: Can we just go back to earning 50-80 Blue Essence after finishing each match?
Overall, the main change with the BE system and having everything contained within boxes makes it faster for newer players to get champions. They reached their goals since now you get shards that you can claim for half the cost, or disenchant for roughly a 4th the cost. It has been proven that you get champions faster in the new system, but you may not be getting the champions you necessarily _want_. Missions and daily rewards, as well as disenchanting champs you may not want or duplicates, will give you enough BE to get the champs you want much faster than before, especially when you take into consideration that it used to take multiple weeks to get 6300 IP to get a newer champ.
: Forcing a team to Dodge should be bannable.
Take a screenshot of the chat and submit a ticket. It's still a punishable offense, but Riot prefers that you going through a full game to report them. Submitting a ticket is generally the "go-to" procedure when you don't want to deal with a players bullshit but still want them punished.
: I really wish adcs didnt make or break games
I could say the same exact thing about any other role except maybe support. Why are you pinpointing ADC's when things like assassins being 11/0 will do things much worse with much less counterplay? Is it cause it's the boards and the boards have an ADC bias so you can farm upvotes?
Kalikain (NA)
: The issue is, its a higher win rate when its only been built like 1400-10000 times. Thats a crazy low number of games. When you see low % of pick rates, we are talking about shyvana one tricks and mains. When you only use stats from people who know how to play her, the stats are going to be crazy boosted. For example. A-Sol was sitting at the highest win rate, and is usually always in the top 5 for win rates, but the # of people who play him is like 1/1000th of those who play veigar mid. So we only have the best people playing A-Sol, who are going to have higher win rates because they are already good, and we cant get a good reading because so few bad players, play him. So why nerf something that isn't really an issue? Its like nerfing Udyr when only trick2g is good with him at a 70% win rate, where everyone else is 45-49% win rates.
> [{quoted}](name=Kalikain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U6UTAkl2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-28T14:04:46.220+0000) > When you see low % of pick rates, we are talking about shyvana one tricks and mains. When you only use stats from people who know how to play her, the stats are going to be crazy boosted. > > For example. > > A-Sol was sitting at the highest win rate, and is usually always in the top 5 for win rates, but the # of people who play him is like 1/1000th of those who play veigar mid. This reminds me of the time (IIRC early season 8) that A-Sol jungle was the highest win rate in the game on certain websites, sitting at ~70-75% in the jungle with only something like a 0.001% play rate over double digit games, strictly because there was a single A-Sol jungle one trick in diamond. Win rate should never be looked at in a vacuum, pick rate and games played always needs to be taken into account for exactly this reason.
Cherysse (NA)
: Make Windwall move forward.
I just wish that it wouldn't eat the spell/attack that hits it. Unless it has a ground effect like Braum R or Vel'Koz W, it just fizzles into the wall, making one of the best places to stand vs a ranged champion is literally inside the wall, since both sides block projectiles. Make it work like Braum E, where the projectile hits and takes effect like it was blocked by the wall. So things like Ashe R still slows, Vel'Koz Q still splits, Corki R explodes on the wall, etc (But things like Liss Q still don't go through). This has no effect on projectiles that have no AOE effects attached, but still gives counterplay to the wall and doesn't eliminate ranged carries from the fight when Yasuo presses W. This also gets rid of the dumb interaction where the wall comes out from inside Yasuo, so that if he times it right, it will block anything no matter what direction the wall was placed. I like the idea of it moving though, it gives it a clear weakness when in a losing fight but makes it a great engage tool for the team.
AIQ (NA)
: Not that I'm for the BMing, but the surrender vote still exist in pro games and had been used many times. When It was 2/30 maybe hit that FF to at least save your morale. Just an idea. I do like some points about C9 though and stupid things players do that does drag out the game. While 2/52 is extreme, would this be as big an issue had it been male players? On top of that I personally think that one small good thing can be brought out from this. **A barrier to entry being implemented based on skill**. Pros that I've talked to have stated that coaches wont even look at you unless you are D1+. These girls are CLEARLY out of their league, and have no reason to be on that stage. Their skill is far inferior to the pros they are put against. Does that warrant disrespecting them? No. But Riot needs to keep this money/publicity grab from happen again. I find it super disrespectful and sexist that players that are the same or lower rank than me are playing on stage due to being female, and I have no chance simply due to being a male. (But let's be honest who cares about that?) Doesn't have the same ring without the sarcastic voice. lol.
Riot probably incentivizes players to never surrender for entertainment value, but that's just my opinion. Also, whereas C9 (or other teams for that matter) may drag out the game to play safe, Vega Squadron aced them multiple times and had clear opportunities to end the game. In any actual pro game, the nexus would've exploded a little over 20 minutes, maybe sooner. If you watch the game fully, they pass up easy baron takes for dragons 2 times (even the casters sound confused), don't push nexus towers during an ace, and specifically target the Karma player later in the game. Vega Squadron had all intentions of humiliation, therefore the punishment was justified. No matter what team did this, they would be punished for unsportsmanlike conduct. Good things may come from this team, yes, but the actions of Vega Squadron are unjustified. ROX on the other hand is being punished for a strategic choice and played with competitive integrity, so idk why Riot made that punishment.
: Why not just make Klepto users unable to buy a gold item?
Restricting a support item from solo laners is a much less "intrusive fix" than completely eliminating the possibility of a support using Klepto.
: Shen's Q and Hail of Blades
Seems like it's somehow classified as a spell instead of a basic attack. Does this work the same way with Malphite W? That acts similar to Shen Q. Judging by how the keystone specifies that it only procs on Basic Attacks, there might be some inconsistencies when it comes to duration based auto buffs and AA resets, something like Xin Q/Malph W/Mundo E may not proc the keystone but instead will extend the duration.
: Do you like having an offensive support like Brand/Zyra/Vel Koz/Pyke?
I don't particularly like the playstyle of those champs in the support role. They offer minimal peel and must get ahead early to be useful later. My main problem is that the skill of that player tends to make or break the lane. Others can probably tell you that a bad Brand/Vel support can singlehandedly throw the lane and the game, whereas a bad Braum/Janna can still be useful later even if behind. Another big problem is that people play these champs when autofilled because they don't want to support and instead would rather do damage, so many of them lack the necessary experience and it will show.
: Fear of Tank Metas vs What We Have Now
Having a "Tank Meta" fosters an actual strategy game since fights start lasting longer than one rotation of abilities and now you have to know when to use them effectively rather than blowing your load at the start. Positioning, target selection, and DPS all come back from the shadows to be useful again since now you need an answer to tanks **but** now you can live if you make a slight mistake rather than being instagibbed. The problem with Tanks in this type of PVP game when the idea is from a PVE game, is that you can't tank "aggro" from players to keep your carries safe, you can only do that against AI. Tanks need some way to generate a threat level or else they get ignored entirely; they do this by CC and Disruption. When fights start lasting longer and people stop dying immediately, a Maokai can get 3-4 Q's off and 2-3 W's off. Think about how annoying that is. Right now it's rush up, W, then Q and they're dead. There are other classes that can do this better, which is why tanks are not picked. Tank items are also garbage right now, but there's a reason Tanks build up so much CDR for their short-moderate CD abilities and it's so they can spam them later to generate actual threat. You pump damage into the tank not because he will kill you, but because he will stop you from doing your job long enough so their carries can do their job better. TL;DR: Tank meta good. Tanks are bad cause items and other classes can one-rotation players whereas tanks are balanced around multiple-rotation ability usage and disruption. Death > Disruption.
Terozu (NA)
: So based on Sylas' splash art, he seems to have stolen Lux's ult to break out of prison.
B1GTYMER (NA)
: Fix Tryndamere with conqueror rune (also Garen with Grasp of the Undying and other top lane oddities
> [{quoted}](name=B1GTYMER,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gEPgoJNQ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-02T16:41:00.845+0000) > > Change the conqueror rune and grasp of the undying rune and any other such runes to "in combat with champions for 4 seconds" > The TL;DR^ Agreed, that's how they went about balancing Fervor in its OP state and it worked so well.
: DJ. Being so overpowered, why is it that only some champs run it and not all of them?
DFG was OP, not everyone bought it. Force of Nature was OP, not everyone bought it. Black Cleaver stacking was OP, not everyone bought it. If you want some rune/mastery examples: Fervor was OP when it stacked on minions, not everyone used it. Warlords was OP, not everyone used it. Klepto was OP, not everyone used it. It takes minimal thought to understand that something OP does not need to be used by every champion to be OP.
Weensw (NA)
: How good would Thornmail be if it was reverted to 2000g reflect 30% damage?
Its power budget was shifted to give it Grievous Wounds and health which it desperately needs. If you revert it back to 30% damage and 100 armor then you must get rid of that too. The design of the item was never meant to kill, it was meant to be a deterrent to ADC's who would use tanks as health batteries with their lifesteal and as a counter to on-hit hybrid builds. Converting the stats to give it Grievous Wounds, less armor, and some health fulfills all of those original design points while also making the item useful against other sources of damage. Old Thornmail also had a 20 damage minimum return, while "new" thornmail has 33 damage minimum and scales. I don't think it would be a good idea to revert it in the current state of the game, tanks really need a source of Grievous Wounds and tank items need health to deal with true damage and other damage threats. I think it needs to scale harder with bonus armor if anything so that it can be better into all AD teams.
: Within all of this hate, what do you like about this game?
I always come back because of the character design and how fun kits are to use. I love playing {{champion:202}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:14}} and I don't feel like I can ever have a truly frustrating experience while playing them.
: Riot, if you can somehow update Ashe's base animations, I will buy every skin for her.
All I want is just a little more heft in the basic attacks and I'd be set until she gets a proper VU. She looks like she's lightly spitting out arrows and not putting any more effort than necessary into it. Gimmie more "OOMPH" and less "Mehhhhh"
: > [{quoted}](name=LazyW0lf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G9FFmEq7,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-04T16:35:33.481+0000) > > Top lane, you could pick what you wanted unless it was juggernauts.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G9FFmEq7,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2018-12-05T21:45:57.211+0000) > > unless it was juggernauts. ? > Back a couple seasons ago there were clear champion picks and comps you could draft, and most were viable. I think I'm remembering a patch or so before the Juggernaut update. It was bliss. ? > I think I'm remembering a patch or so before the Juggernaut update. Juggernauts did not exist yet. (Literally the first paragraph)
Ameliea (EUW)
: There is no game that doesnt have a META, and league is no different. Try playing Kirby in Smash Melee and the higher you will go in skill the more you will get your but handed to you. League is no different, and it was no different in the earlier seasons. What changed is the increase in average skill and knowledge about the game. The people are much more serious about the game, and thats why champion picks are getting more important, you need to get every advantage possible. Thats why this is unfixable and we can never go back to the "simpler" times
Yes every game has a META, but you're comparing a completed game on a disc that will never change to an online game that gets changed roughly every two weeks. The only reason the META in Melee changed is because the community figured out something new. League is different. The reason the META changes in League is because of new things being added or changed and when Riot feels like something has stayed too long. It would make more sense to compare it to Smash 4, where Pre-Patch Bayo determined what characters were good, just like Meta Knight did in Brawl. But in S4, Bayo was nerfed accordingly. By nerfing the best, other picks became viable again because they now had options they didn't have before and could survive things they couldn't before. Unheard of picks like Yoshi could win tournaments and take down top players because they played better than their opponents, regardless of what the established META was. Riot handles their game differently, where META picks are buffed (or slightly nerfed, like -5 ms) whereas others are barely touched or completely butchered, leading to old champions becoming no longer viable because they just can't stack up against their counterparts. Newer releases can generally statcheck older ones, making older champions require updates to stay relevant. It all depends on where Riot wants them to be in the game, because Riot balances for the spectator whereas Nintendo balances for the players.
: So f#ck whoever has a favorite champion that is sh#t for that patch(es)?
Yeah basically. You can still do well with whatever champion you decide to play, but META champs are able to do more much easier than perhaps your favorite champion. I enjoy playing Zac jungle and can still do well sometimes, but when up against something like Graves, Xin, or Camille, I stand no chance and can't have the same impact they have even with the same lead.
Hügö (EUW)
: I remember when friends introduced me to league and I asked them what kind of game it is they told me it is a moba and I was like "nice still don't know what it is, can you describe it". And they told me you can see it as a mix of football and chess, a team game and strategy. And it realy was back in the days I started and it was realy described as a mix of of football and chess everywhere. And today it is more of a fighting game: See the enemy go attack.
I remember this as well. My friends told me that each lane fulfilled a purpose, with each champion being focused on one attribute while having minor changes; Like how all ADC's are meant to dps, but some have dashes and others have CC. I've seen comparisons that league is more like COD, where things are all about fast paced action and kills, and the only thing people care about are big numbers and fast games. Fighting games are a bit more technical, you can't just autopilot and win like you can when playing COD or now League, but I think during League's transition to what it is now was more like a fighting game.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 30
> Finally, speaking of the state of the meta, we’ve also seen meaningful increases in play rates of many divers, assassins and burst mages after the end of the ranked season/release of the preseason patch, coupled with lower play rates on tanks and defensive supports in general. Playing a marksman often feels worse when either or both of those things happen. Isn't this just the reason people feel marksman are weak? Everyone talks about how high damage is currently, and with tanks being shoved out of top since conquerer, there's no reason to play something more protective because getting rid of a damage source is more of a hindrance in the long run than picking up someone who can take damage. Plus Dark Harvest is incredibly overtuned which is probably the reason behind the increase of those classes being played instead. The strong marksman currently are those who can keep themselves safe while also having burst and/or lane presence, while hypercarries who rely on getting to that late game state are out of luck because of meta shifts and damage increases. Mobility is a must right now, and with Graves (who was one of the tankier, mobile options for marksman to choose from) becoming a jungler after the rework, there's only a handful of those marksman left.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JTZslW5a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-25T21:30:31.835+0000) > > I agree. The enemy should be at or below 50% HP to even proc Dark Harvest. Bringing them from above 50% to below 50% shouldn't deal the extra damage or harvest the soul, and DoT/AoE damage shouldn't proc it. > > I think the threshold should also be a bit less than 50%. 33%-40% would still be reasonable, but would require a bit more effort to reach. what? it only procs on enemies below 50% health. that's how it already works. you get ZERO extra damage before they are below 50% health. one they are below 50% health you start hitting them for extra damage, and if you haven't collected a soul in the set amount of time, you will harvest one. but you ONLY get extra damage from the rune, if they are already below 50%..
The problem is that dark harvest checks both before and after damage is applied to actually function. It should only check _before_ damage is applied because it's purpose is an execution rune. * It makes no sense that a {{champion:45}} can ult someone at full hp, deal a little over half of their hp, and **_THEN_** dark harvest procs to kill them. * It makes perfect sense that a {{champion:238}} can auto an adc at 50% HP and use his passive and dark harvest to execute them.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bgbN8IGA,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T02:20:16.141+0000) > > Line1: Flat AD/AP, 9% Attack Speed, Scaling CDR > > Line 2: Flat AD/AP, Armor, MR > > Line 3: Scaling health, Armor, MR. > > You can get your attack speed and still get 10 armor. Please don’t complain when you’re not up to date with the current changes. It really shows. 1. I am up to date with the changes 2. Most ADC's need the ADAPTIVE FORCE early to assist with last hitting. Have fun last hitting on a champ like Vayne without the early 6 AD
If you absolutely NEED extra damage to CS, the problem is your CSing skills and not the champion.
: Just ANOTHER post complaining about matchmaking.
Normals and Ranked have their own MMR, so that diamond player had probably not played a normal game all season as is set at the default MMR for every queue...Silver. Naturally, just like in ranked, the more you play and win, the faster you "climb" MMR. This has been said on almost every post that complains about normals matchmaking, it's nothing new.
: Clash: October 2018 update
What happens if you played in the last clash, do you just get duplicate banners?
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >pre-mitigation damage Isn't this a big BS clutch for an oppressive champ like him? This makes Barrier a half-useless SS. Hell, Kayle's ult is literally the only defense against him since her invincibility barrier reduces damage taken to 0 and Zed's Death Mark would only do its base damage.
The reason he has it in his kit is so you can't double-dip into the effects of armor. If it wasn't there, you would be reducing the combo damage, which is reducing the pop damage, then also reduce the pop damage. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective as to why this was implemented, but by doing so it also feels really bad to buy armor against him. There should be a mechanic in place where shields will still block the damage no matter what, similar to how shields interact with backing.
Quort (NA)
: I played a game recently where the enemy Zed used his ultimate on my ally Xerath while I was playing Leona. Zed landed his E and I blocked most of the damage from his Q using Locket’s active. Zed was wary of my approach, so he backed off before even autoattacking. After this onslaught, Xerath had approximately 1,500 of his 2,000-ish HP remaining and we both thought he was safe. A moment later, Zed’s Death Mark activated, which activated Electrocute, and Xerath died. I was completely flabbergasted. Zed was fed during the game, but it was late-game at this point and Xerath wasn’t too far behind by then. Still, Zed 100-0d Xerath with just REQ even after I blocked most of the damage from his Q. That’s ridiculous!
The damage Death Mark does is: > 100% AD (+25/40/55%) of pre-mitigation damage so shielding any damage that is not the actual pop is useless since it still adds to the total pop damage. Doing ~1,500 damage seems totally understandable if he landed everything. It's completely dumb imo, but that's Zed for you.
: Recent Hail of Blades Bug Fix
Pretty sure it was just fixed so he couldn't get the HOB proc bonus for his stormrazor shot, which gives him far more movespeed paired with HOB than a normal crit with HOB. Overall it's a net nerf to mobility *and* damage; in order to get the most use out of HOB, you have to use all your shots on champions, since the first will proc and then give extra AS on the next 3.
Rioter Comments
: Is it safe to say now that the ADC rework was a complete and utter failure?
> [{quoted}](name=Nausicäa ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bXj9mbs,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-04T12:28:37.300+0000) > - Goal to reduce ADC damage to squishes is a massive failure. ADC's like Jhin, Kai'sa and MF still 2-3 shotting squishy champions. This is the only thing I disagree with. The point was to make sure that most crit champs wouldn't one shot other squishy targets with IE at 3 items, so the goal was to get champs like Q-max Vayne and Cait to stop one shotting targets with an 250% shiv/rapid auto. The IE rework succeeded in this regard, but failed in literally everything else. MF is an outlier to this scenario since she never really built crit even before the item reworks, rather preferring to build lethality, but Jhin/Kai'sa need to be touched 100%. Everything else is spot on, the rework was a failure and needs to be addressed.
: > [{quoted}](name=LazyW0lf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dVWe1XEE,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-08-27T13:09:36.655+0000) > > I wholeheartedly agree. Then replace Scorch with something like the old Arcane Blade or Expose Weakness. > > Fixes both the issues with Scorch being a meh T3 rune compared to the others and also gives DPS mages something to work with. Scorch isn't actually a DPS rune, since it only does one instance of damage. It's a poke rune more than anything. Expose Weakness got merged into Press the Attack along with Fervor of Battle so you can scratch that one, but Arcane Blade is fine by me, if it's still just the normal "all auto attacks scale with AP" iteration, but it isn't very intuitive and is still kind of bland. Then again, so is Scorch so Arcane Blade it is.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dVWe1XEE,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-08-27T13:22:38.931+0000) > Expose Weakness got merged into Press the Attack along with Fervor of Battle so you can scratch that one, but Arcane Blade is fine by me, if it's still just the normal "all auto attacks scale with AP" iteration, but it isn't very intuitive and is still kind of bland. > > Then again, so is Scorch so Arcane Blade it is. I completely forgot about the damage amp on PTA. makes sense now. I guess the problem is that a lot of lower tier runes are really bland/passive. You don't have to think to use Gathering Storm, Waterwalking, Coup De Grace, Revitalize, etc... Makes me think that these runes also need to be something more passive to make sense as a replacement. Trying to take something from the old mastery system is also hard cause a lot of things were brought over to Runes Reforged or put onto items. Scorch is just a dumbed down version of a keystone that some champs relied on, and then it was put in a tree where those champs who wanted to use it would rather have the other options. Most champs who used the old DFT were late game DPS champs who would rather have the damage amp of Gathering Storm. Scorch fills a niche that doesn't exist in many cases, thus needing to be replaced. Either that, or Gathering Storm needs to be replaced with a less "generalist" option.
: I'm gonna be the one to say it
Nexus Blitz is a great game mode, but it can only exist in this current game state to be as much fun as it is. If damage wasn't this high currently, most games would be decided by whoever could win that last teamfight when the Nexuses start walking. The meta would become to funnel farm into an ADC so they can shred the nexus and have champs to protect them. I get the feeling that this is what League was balanced for; quick games with lots of teamfighting. If it weren't for the minigames and some of the hilarious buffs you can get, I'd say it's probably more balanced than SR currently.
: Deathfire Touch. Please. DPS Mages suck right now, it's only burst Mages that barely work.
I wholeheartedly agree. Then replace Scorch with something like the old Arcane Blade or Expose Weakness. Fixes both the issues with Scorch being a meh T3 rune compared to the others and also gives DPS mages something to work with.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 8
>Our goal is to have (Crit marksman) be a decent (not mandatory, but decent) option in bot lane at a minimum. Certainly seeing some concern they just won't have a home at all, which is a very understandable worry. Still working to distinguish which of the different positions being argued are accurate though. As above, hoping to have more concrete thoughts next post. Crit marksman should always be the staple marksman for late game carry, so they should be able to out DPS other ADC's building on-hit items in a majority of cases if they reach 5-6 items. The problem that I see currently is that games are too short to let crit carries come online, and when they do, the combination of {{item:3143}} {{item:3047}} blocks 32% of damage taken from crits by themselves now since ADC's can reliably get 100% crit with 3 items. ADC's who can reliably do their job before tanks can build these items, abuse on-hit items, or champions who can win they game pre 20 minutes are meta botlane. While this is fine, they should have their place as early/mid game focus but start to lack damage late game compared to crit marksman.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: List of freelo bot lane combo
{{champion:267}}/{{champion:117}} {{champion:29}}
mzicio (EUW)
: Kindly avoid doing to Pyke what you did to Ornn and Galio
And please don't remove the skill expression as a nerf, no champion deserves that. {{champion:516}}
: Stormrazor is kinda bad and is a-synchronized design
The item has no identity. At first you would think it's a burst item, but then you see it gives stacking attack speed on it's second passive...so it favors long fights? When is this item even supposed to be built? - Not first since it has worse stats compared to better rush items - Not 2nd or 3rd because it has no crit on it's own - With the change to Last Whisper, that item is now a necessity so it's not a 4th item buy - Has no innate lifesteal so it's not being built 6th - The movement speed was removed so it's not even a viable late game option to sell boots for The only place for it is truly 3rd replacing a second zeal item, but 100% crit is so much more valuable than this item, and buying it for the extended fight passive is just buying a slightly worse Rageblade.
: There is a severe lack of basic/miniscule knowledge in League Lore
I think it would be really interesting if Riot released some type of scientist/explorer champion and all the teasers are pages of a research notebook containing all this weird basic lore information. Like you'd see a basic outline of a human next to a yordle and get to see their size and stuff like that. Something like [this](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_GB/story/vastaya-field-journal/) again. It would naturally bring in little pieces of lore instead of Riot trying to squeeze in the stuff to existing lore.
: Stealth is an unfun mechanic that lacks counterplay.
It annoys me that R evolve Kha can literally run through your jungle and unless he's slow enough or you have deep enough wards, you will never know he's there until it's too late. He makes death brushes useless even with a pink since he can just walk right through and the enemy team is none the wiser.
Show more

LazyW0lf

Level 132 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion