Rockman (NA)
: would you play a champ that kills people with ribbons
Sounds cool, but also sounds like a melee, so no.
: Aight, how'd you do?
Went 4-2 overall. Pretty good for a team thrown together at the last minute and never practiced together outside of clash.
Kaje (NA)
: "Riot Games"
Alt game modes don't really deserve their own queues up all the time; they'd just become a ghost town. What riot *could* do, however, is allow them to be played in custom games, so that the hardcore fans of the mode could play them whenever they wanted.
: No. It's thematic to her kit as "The Deceiver."
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0w17leg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:01:00.943+0000) > > No. It's thematic to her kit as "The Deceiver." Then why is the entire rest of her kit "The Burster?" There's nothing inherently *wrong* with her having access to a clone, but the circumstances under which it activates just gives her extra safety for no reason. It's not even a meaningful expression of player skill; it's just there as a "get out of jail free" card when she gets low on health, giving her a full second of invisibility, then another fraction of a second of safety while the enemy team figures out which leblanc is real, during which time she can often get away. It often makes catching her a fruitless endeavor, since even if you CC her, the invisibility eats up the remaining CC duration, allowing her to freely W out (or W back). If you need any kind of targeted ability to finish her (like an auto attack), you're SOL. At the least, her passive shouldn't activate while hard CC'd, and should be delayed until the CC duration is over - if she's still alive at that time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:45:43.017+0000) > > And if someone doesn't know how to play mid, how is playing a melee going to help them? That just means they get zoned even *harder* from the wave when the enemy picks up any kind of advantage. At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks.
> [{quoted}](name=FCJAAAAGOOOO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T19:30:17.375+0000) > > At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks. How is a melee going to roam when they get pushed in constantly? The *enemy* is the one that is going to be free to roam, because a melee that's behind can't even interact with the wave until it reaches their tower. Most melee mids don't even have hard CC; yasuo is an exception on that one. Akali, katarina, talon, zed, fizz, yasuo. Of these, only fizz and yasuo have hard CC. Now, compare with syndra, ahri, veigar, morgana, annie. All of these have hard CC of some kind on top of their waveclear. If a mage gets behind, they can still farm. If a melee assassin gets behind, their only contribution - damage - goes out the window. Generally speaking, melee assassins are a lot better at snowballing, *because* of just how much damage they bring, but if you don't know how to use them, they're just dead weight. At least a 0/4 syndra can stun someone. What does a 0/4 katarina do? Her only hope is to roam and pick up kills elsewhere, but she's going to be giving up a lot of cs for it, which might put her even further behind.
: PSA: Pick a melee mid if you don't know how to play mid.
And if someone doesn't know how to play mid, how is playing a melee going to help them? That just means they get zoned even *harder* from the wave when the enemy picks up any kind of advantage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hun24TyZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T03:31:32.524+0000) > > Might wanna take a look at SG Soraka's splash and then delete this post to save yourself some embarrassment :^) I never looked that closely at the SG Soraka splash. Or at least the SFW version of it. It's neat to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hun24TyZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T03:33:04.211+0000) > > I never looked that closely at the SG Soraka splash. **Or at least the SFW version of it.** It's neat to learn. https://i.imgur.com/C0WKQug.png[/img]
: Revert the changes to the champion colection tab in the client
Doesn't even need a full revert. We just need an *option* to view them as portraits instead of splashes. A simple checkbox, that's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=FriendlyYordle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wOEbWso6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T22:48:18.336+0000) > > I agree with this message. Maybe Yummi's Yordle? Nope, she roams in and out of bandle city but not a yordle
> [{quoted}](name=Poop Jelly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wOEbWso6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T23:04:26.817+0000) > > Nope, she roams in and out of bandle city but not a yordle You misunderstood. They're not saying yuumi is a yordle. They're saying yuumi "has" a yordle. She has a quote when attaching to lulu (and probably other yordles, but I haven't played them with yuumi yet) where she says "you smell like *my* yordle" - every. single. time. she attaches.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u2mLK4Bu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-07T04:58:04.803+0000) > > I've had two games in the past week that voted 4-1 at 15, but we ended up winning. It exists for a reason. and one in a million win the lottery, doesnt make the lottery viable lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u2mLK4Bu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-07T19:47:43.093+0000) > > and one in a million win the lottery, doesnt make the lottery viable lol. Except this happens far more often than winning the lottery. You'd be surprised how often it looks like a game is over, but the enemy starts to throw in those 5 minutes. In the end, maybe you still lose 70-80% of those games, but turning even 20% of them into wins is a sizable number, which will reflect in your win rate and how fast you climb. Remember that turning a loss into a win effectively counts for three games played; a loss, win, and win is roughly the same as just a single win.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Unanimous surrender vote makes no sense
I've had two games in the past week that voted 4-1 at 15, but we ended up winning. It exists for a reason.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnityOE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dnhw7MFx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:14:43.485+0000) > > Wait, the BT doesn't do anything either abilities? Does lifesteal only work on auto attacks, then? So is the DD the only item which has lifesteal for abilities? > > I'm level 100 just about and I had no clue. Spellvamp only works on spells. DD has Physical damage Spellvamp on it, which is reduced from AoE moves since it'd otherwise be a crazy amount of healing. Lifesteal only works on auto attacks. Bloodthirster is only Lifesteal. DD offers both Lifesteal and Spellvamp though, so even if you have magical moves in your kit you can justify the item due to the defensive aspect from the bleed burst passive.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dnhw7MFx,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:23:06.154+0000) > > DD has Physical damage Spellvamp on it Small correction: They changed DD some time back to work on *all* damage dealt, not just physical damage.
: Did all of the old school forum goers leave? Is Jikker and Rift Herald Djinn the only two left?
: GD, can we make a story together? One word per post.
Quáx (NA)
: Riot literally fucked every college kid in the U.S this weekend.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T20:46:04.610+0000) > > Why won't you have time? You have nothing *but* time. Pre-game lobby is just a lot of waiting, most people already know what they're going to play from the moment bans are locked in. It only takes a couple seconds to fill out a report. > > You're still completely ignoring the fact that post-game reports do *nothing* to players that grief in champ select to force a dodge. If the game never gets played, the current system does not allow you to file a report. A pre-game lobby report option *would* allow you to report such players, before dodging the game yourself. If the lobby gets dodged while you're in the middle of filing a report, the report screen should remain up, taking you out of the queue. Because not all players are you. Some players like to discuss their strategy in pre-game. Having said that, I don't mind if they do implement the system pre game. I am just explaining to you why they won't. They have not yet addressed post game reports correctly. They are still working on that. I don't see them implementing any kind of system you have mentioned.
> [{quoted}](name=SirTauntsALot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T06:36:43.771+0000) > > Because not all players are you. Some players like to discuss their strategy in pre-game. Having said that, I don't mind if they do implement the system pre game. I am just explaining to you why they won't. They have not yet addressed post game reports correctly. They are still working on that. I don't see them implementing any kind of system you have mentioned. "Discuss strategy." If only the typical league player did. Most of my lobbies would be entirely silent if I didn't go out of my way to communicate with my support about how my unconventional pick works. Other than that, there's occasional trade requests, and a few happy-go-lucky league players who say "hi" when we first load into lobby. Fact of the matter is, it wouldn't matter even if the majority of players *did* want to discuss strategy. The presence of toxicity in chat makes doing so nigh-impossible, and being able to report that behavior would mean it happens less often, which can only be considered a win for everyone. Further, if you're planning to dodge a queue anyway, you don't care about "strategy"; you just want to report the troll and get out of there. The whole point of this system would be so toxic players still get punished even when no game is played. Your rationale for why riot shouldn't implement an option to report toxic pre-game behavior is paper thin, at best. You think you're explaining "why they won't," but you're just spewing delusions. Riot hasn't done anything about it yet because messing with the client is a lot of work, and they may not see it as a priority. But I assure you it has nothing to do with any of the reasons you have stated.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-12-04T20:55:52.636+0000) > > Says you. I get a message from the instant feedback system for probably 1 in every 3 reports I file. Considering the IFS only notifies you of punishments issued shortly after your report (I think the limit is about a day), it seems to be working pretty well. prove it then. I've reported over a dozen players for legit reasons. have gotten nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T21:41:34.144+0000) > > prove it then. I've reported over a dozen players for legit reasons. have gotten nothing. Prove it then. See how that works? It's not like we have access to our own report logs, and I don't keep screenshots of every IFS message I get because that would be pointless. When I played a lot, I got one almost every day.
: I haven't gotten key fragments in like 2 weeks
It's usually based on you *receiving* honors more so than you giving them out, though giving them out does help. I'm going to assume you're a top laner, which is the least likely role to receive honors in a game. Bot laners and supports tend to get the most honors because they often honor each other, followed by junglers (for helping one or more lanes), then mid, and then top. If you're playing ADC, support, or jungle and you're still not getting honors, you're either playing poorly, flaming your team, or both.
: reports in post game have to actually mean something before reports in pregame can be added. right now post game reports mean little to nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-04T07:59:40.023+0000) > > reports in post game have to actually mean something before reports in pregame can be added. right now post game reports mean little to nothing. Says you. I get a message from the instant feedback system for probably 1 in every 3 reports I file. Considering the IFS only notifies you of punishments issued shortly after your report (I think the limit is about a day), it seems to be working pretty well.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T19:53:44.846+0000) > > What's your point? The player ends up with multiple valid reports filed against them, one from pre-game lobby and one from post-game lobby, so they get punished faster. But if someone dodges the pre-game lobby, this way there's still a report against them, as opposed to none. Players shouldn't be able to avoid punishment just because they forced someone else to dodge. My point is that you won't have time in the game lobby to report someone, I would much rather like to see additional reports post game or even in my match history. It will have the same affect. They could even add the an attribute that indicates when the offence happened (e.g. post game , during champ select, during game). I believe these would be much easier to implement and would be more useful.
> [{quoted}](name=SirTauntsALot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T07:53:42.909+0000) > > My point is that you won't have time in the game lobby to report someone, I would much rather like to see additional reports post game or even in my match history. It will have the same affect. They could even add the an attribute that indicates when the offence happened (e.g. post game , during champ select, during game). I believe these would be much easier to implement and would be more useful. Why won't you have time? You have nothing *but* time. Pre-game lobby is just a lot of waiting, most people already know what they're going to play from the moment bans are locked in. It only takes a couple seconds to fill out a report. You're still completely ignoring the fact that post-game reports do *nothing* to players that grief in champ select to force a dodge. If the game never gets played, the current system does not allow you to file a report. A pre-game lobby report option *would* allow you to report such players, before dodging the game yourself. If the lobby gets dodged while you're in the middle of filing a report, the report screen should remain up, taking you out of the queue.
: I need to practice drawing so request art in this thread
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-03T10:22:27.364+0000) > > They absolutely can do something about it. They just haven't done so. It might require a slight UI redesign of the lobby to show the report button by each player's name, but that's well within the bounds of what riot is capable of. Hmmm... I think you miss the bigger picture here mate. Lets investigate your preposition: - Lets say RIOT makes a UI change. What changes? I Reported the player who was threatening troll and feed, we still go in game. What is the difference if I report him after the game? What will change?
> [{quoted}](name=SirTauntsALot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T10:49:04.247+0000) > > Hmmm... I think you miss the bigger picture here mate. Lets investigate your preposition: > > - Lets say RIOT makes a UI change. What changes? I Reported the player who was threatening troll and feed, we still go in game. What is the difference if I report him after the game? What will change? What's your point? The player ends up with multiple valid reports filed against them, one from pre-game lobby and one from post-game lobby, so they get punished faster. But if someone dodges the pre-game lobby, this way there's still a report against them, as opposed to none. Players shouldn't be able to avoid punishment just because they forced someone else to dodge.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-02T21:40:45.703+0000) > > Playing the game out just to get the opportunity to report someone - that is essentially a guaranteed loss when you have a champ select troll - is not an option. No one wants to sit through 15 or 20 minutes of a nunu running it down mid, or a "support" that actually just went an ADC and is now competing for CS because they didn't get the role they wanted. It's a miserable experience to play with, and in ranked, that loss still counts against us. Even if we do sit through it and report them, there's no guarantee it will do anything, and even if they get punished, it doesn't actually help the person that reported them in any way; the damage is already done. > > So our only option is to dodge, which means they get away with this behavior time and time again without any punishment for it. Had a game yesterday where our gallio was runnign it down from start. He fed all lanes and afked at 4 min. We won 4 vs 5 even though he fed them. On topic now. I don't think riot can do anything about it in pre-game. They can however add additional reporting reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=SirTauntsALot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-03T09:04:07.062+0000) > > On topic now. I don't think riot can do anything about it in pre-game. They can however add additional reporting reasons. They absolutely can do something about it. They just haven't done so. It might require a slight UI redesign of the lobby to show the report button by each player's name, but that's well within the bounds of what riot is capable of.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-02T22:43:07.656+0000) >But if you get a champ select troll and dodge, you never *get* to report them. Oh, are you saying if YOU dodge the game because there's someone who is trolling, you never get to report them? And if so, are you proposing that there be a mechanism to report someone in that case, and perhaps even wipe that loss from your mach history?
> [{quoted}](name=Pixelsage,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T01:43:18.448+0000) > > Oh, are you saying if YOU dodge the game because there's someone who is trolling, you never get to report them? And if so, are you proposing that there be a mechanism to report someone in that case, and perhaps even wipe that loss from your mach history? Yes to everything except the last part. If you queue dodge, there *is* no game played. There *is* no loss. And there *is* no post-game report, because the game never happened. Which means whoever was trolling in champ select gets to do it again to whoever their next team is immediately, while you sit out the dodge timer, and a report never gets filed against their account.
: sounds abuseable... oh boy premades get to report someone in champ select for no reason
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Hushtail,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-02T21:47:53.669+0000) > > sounds abuseable... oh boy premades get to report someone in champ select for no reason They already get to do that post-game, so what's different? If their reports have no substance to them, they won't do anything.
: I agree that it's a pain to deal with trolls. I'm not sure if having the option to report someone in champ select should be an option, though. Before the game even starts, you can't be sure if someone will troll _during_ the game. You may have a hunch, but you really can't be sure. I've had games where I'd play Zoe support, and people thought I was trolling. And then we'd win the game as a team after securing bot lane. Reporting after the game, I would argue, still does help the community at large. If you report someone who subsequently gets banned, no one else has to play with that person. And vice versa. Your reports help others, and their reports help you. And sure, damage is already done, but at least some future damage gets mitigated. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a foolproof way of preventing trolls without opening up possible abuses of the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Pixelsage,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-02T21:52:44.691+0000) > > I agree that it's a pain to deal with trolls. I'm not sure if having the option to report someone in champ select should be an option, though. Before the game even starts, you can't be sure if someone will troll _during_ the game. You may have a hunch, but you really can't be sure. You don't really need to know whether they're going to troll during the game. What matters is the intent. The report options wouldn't be the same as the post-game ones. The only options would be griefing, verbal abuse, and inappropriate summoner name. When you get someone that bans one player's pick, then steals another's, while having admitted to having no prior experience on the champ they just stole - in a *ranked game* - there is no question that they are griefing. Or when you get a "support" that picks caitlyn and straight-up tells you that they're going ADC, they are clearly disregarding role assignment and stealing the role. > I've had games where I'd play Zoe support, and people thought I was trolling. And then we'd win the game as a team after securing bot lane. I main ADC lulu, I am quite familiar with people assuming off-meta is trolling. Off-meta isn't bannable. Even if someone gets reported for it, nothing will happen, just as nothing happens with the post-game report system we have now. > Reporting after the game, I would argue, still does help the community at large. If you report someone who subsequently gets banned, no one else has to play with that person. And vice versa. Your reports help others, and their reports help you. And sure, damage is already done, but at least some future damage gets mitigated. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a foolproof way of preventing trolls without opening up possible abuses of the system. I never said reporting after game doesn't help. But if you get a champ select troll and dodge, you never *get* to report them.
Hotarµ (NA)
: For something to be reportable or punishable, there has to be action taken and evidence of it. If someone says "I'm going to feed" and hovers Nunu with Ghost/Cleanse, that's not reportable until they actually start doing it. It's unfortunate (because there are most certainly people who do things like that to make you dodge or genuinely will intentionally feed) but you can't really ban someone for just making an empty threat like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d3A2HAOZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T21:42:53.770+0000) > > but you can't really ban someone for just making an empty threat like that. Sure you can. It's toxic behavior with the intention of making someone else eat the punishment for dodging. Do you know what happens IRL if you brandish a knife and tell someone that you're going to kill them? That's a criminal offense. Even if you didn't follow through, you still made a threat on their life. Griefing in champ select is still griefing.
Rioter Comments
IainG10 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeRework,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0Avl67zp,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-12-02T09:15:56.855+0000) > > Mmr resets every season. Sometimes it's a soft reset and sometimes it's a hard reset There has NEVER been a hard reset afaik, and the soft reset is averaging you between your current and global average MMR, so your current MMR very definitely is still important.
> [{quoted}](name=IainG10,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0Avl67zp,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-02T18:46:06.796+0000) > > There has NEVER been a hard reset afaik, and the soft reset is averaging you between your current and global average MMR, so your current MMR very definitely is still important. There's been a hard reset at least once or twice, but riot hasn't done it in a very long time, since they realized it just causes wildly chaotic matches early in the season. Riot only does soft resets now.
: Fun adc Champs That's aren't too difficult?
MF and Jinx are probably some of the easiest to succeed on due to their large AOE presence in teamfights. Jinx is a lot more fundamental of an ADC, while MF plays by her own rules a bit, with so much of her power being loaded in her ultimate. Ashe is a very straightforward ADC, and a good pick if you're used to having an engagement ult. At first, her slow will probably act as a crutch, but once you're better with her, you'll be able to leverage it as a true strength of the champion. Tristana can be a little difficult to learn to last hit on, since her E passive disrupts the wave, but if you can get past that she's got good options for aggression and safety. Just try to not let the character get to your head; jumping in is risky business, and is something you should save to clean up a teamfight, not start one. Caitlyn is a champ that's very easy to perform "decently" on, but very difficult to perform "well" on. Her combos take practice, and there's a lot of stuff you can do with traps. That said, she's one of the safest ADCs in the game behind Ezreal. Speaking of Ezreal, don't play him. He's actually quite technical, and you'll probably suck on him at first.
: just switch to reddit. this forums garbage anyways. you can say the r word on reddit but if you say it theres too many sjw mods. reddits less toxic than boards and theres much more people to discuss with, some threads have like 7k comments
> [{quoted}](name=Original Sin,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ei05XwEe,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-02T06:09:30.029+0000) > > just switch to reddit. this forums garbage anyways. you can say the r word on reddit but if you say it theres too many sjw mods. reddits less toxic than boards and theres much more people to discuss with, some threads have like 7k comments Reddit is worse for censorship by far. Anything negative at all about riot gets removed with haste. It's just an echo chamber there, since you're not allowed to have a dissenting opinion.
: Meanwhile on the other end of the spectrum
"We try to keep username the same for an account's lifetime, but here we are forcing people to change their usernames left and right."
: [Top 5] LOL Best Aggressive Supports
Since when is karthus a meta support? Swain, sure. But karthus? And how the hell is karthus not a mage like lux or brand? His whole purpose in life (and death) is to do damage.
KatoKato (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZNV2xHzp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-27T10:57:34.932+0000) > > Try opening in a private browsing window. I had the same problem, and I think it's due to having a cookie set that marks you as already "logged in." > > Reminder that it's possible that the conflicting username may actually be your own account on another server, on the PBE for instance. tried this thinking the same thing unfortunately hasn't fixed anything. As far as pbe accounts it would make sense if all of my na accounts had pbe accounts set up but they don't. The issue doesn't even mention a conflicting username it just keeps cycling from the prompt to the password confirmation
> [{quoted}](name=KatoKato,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZNV2xHzp,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-27T11:04:58.659+0000) > > tried this thinking the same thing unfortunately hasn't fixed anything. As far as pbe accounts it would make sense if all of my na accounts had pbe accounts set up but they don't. The issue doesn't even mention a conflicting username it just keeps cycling from the prompt to the password confirmation Try a different browser? If you have any extensions set (adblock, script blockers, etc), try disabling them and see if it fixes it?
KatoKato (NA)
: Infinite confirm password loop on the new riot account prompt?
Try opening in a private browsing window. I had the same problem, and I think it's due to having a cookie set that marks you as already "logged in." Reminder that it's possible that the conflicting username may actually be your own account on another server, on the PBE for instance.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BldQMxdN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T22:00:35.136+0000) > > These are good guidelines for coding with, but they're woefully inadequate for game design. Special cases are essential for many good designs to function how the player expects them to. > > For example, have you ever played a platformer with jump forgiveness, then tried to play one that doesn't have it? It feels disorienting, like your inputs are being dropped. Jump forgiveness (letting the player perform a ground jump within a frame or two after running off a ledge) is a special case that was created to make controls feel more fluid, and has worked its way into most platformers since. There's all kinds of other special cases you can utilize to create a more fluid platforming experience. For instance, say you have a dash that gives a large burst of initial speed, which decays due to friction, and your jump carries momentum into it. Perhaps if you press dash within a specified number of frames prior to pressing jump, it treats your jump as if you had full dash momentum, rather than a couple frames of decay, making it easier for the player to perform max distance jumps. Or maybe you have a universal buffer window of 4 frames, but airdashing has a 10 frame window before you can do another action out of it, so you create a custom airdash buffer such that an attack input executed immediately after pressing airdash will still be executed on the first possible frame, instead of the input being dropped. > > All those examples come down to interpreting what is the player's *intent* when they press a button, which requires special cases to create a game that feels responsive. The important thing to note is that the player doesn't need to know about any of these special cases; this is all stuff that goes on behind the scenes to create the intended experience. All the player needs to know is they can dash, jump, airdash, and attack, and these actions will all flow into one another seamlessly. > > To put it more generally, a designer should make a mechanic as simple as possible to understand for a player, while making it as complicated as necessary to behave how the player expects it to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeIExLcURQ
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BldQMxdN,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T22:28:53.754+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeIExLcURQ This is a great example of how *not* to design a game, but I fail to see what it has to do with my post.
: Selected statements from the Zen of Python (full text [here](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020) - it's not long): Simple is better than complex. Complex is better than complicated. Sparse is better than dense. Readability counts. Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules. Although practicality beats purity. If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea. If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BldQMxdN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-26T11:16:15.959+0000) > > Selected statements from the Zen of Python (full text [here](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020) - it's not long): > > Simple is better than complex. > Complex is better than complicated. > Sparse is better than dense. > Readability counts. > Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules. > Although practicality beats purity. > If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea. > If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea. These are good guidelines for coding with, but they're woefully inadequate for game design. Special cases are essential for many good designs to function how the player expects them to. For example, have you ever played a platformer with jump forgiveness, then tried to play one that doesn't have it? It feels disorienting, like your inputs are being dropped. Jump forgiveness (letting the player perform a ground jump within a frame or two after running off a ledge) is a special case that was created to make controls feel more fluid, and has worked its way into most platformers since. There's all kinds of other special cases you can utilize to create a more fluid platforming experience. For instance, say you have a dash that gives a large burst of initial speed, which decays due to friction, and your jump carries momentum into it. Perhaps if you press dash within a specified number of frames prior to pressing jump, it treats your jump as if you had full dash momentum, rather than a couple frames of decay, making it easier for the player to perform max distance jumps. Or maybe you have a universal buffer window of 4 frames, but airdashing has a 10 frame window before you can do another action out of it, so you create a custom airdash buffer such that an attack input executed immediately after pressing airdash will still be executed on the first possible frame, instead of the input being dropped. All those examples come down to interpreting what is the player's *intent* when they press a button, which requires special cases to create a game that feels responsive. The important thing to note is that the player doesn't need to know about any of these special cases; this is all stuff that goes on behind the scenes to create the intended experience. All the player needs to know is they can dash, jump, airdash, and attack, and these actions will all flow into one another seamlessly. To put it more generally, a designer should make a mechanic as simple as possible to understand for a player, while making it as complicated as necessary to behave how the player expects it to.
: You see guys, I don't read Patch note
Yeah, game knowledge is overrated, right? Not like it'd be handy to know that so-and-so got a new mechanic added to their kit, or that an item that was on the edge of viability just got buffed that you might want to use now. You're free to sabotage your games as much as you like, but you don't get to act high and mighty about it just because you reject learning about the game that you're playing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T06:42:21.603+0000) > > It's not wrong to tell someone they have no idea what they're doing when it's true. Nor is it wrong to compare their logic to iron, when *that is exactly the sort of thing that happens in extremely low elo*. It’s unrelated to whether or not your statement is true. > Is this the kind of logic that puts people in iron? This comes off as condescending, and maybe not insulting that player’s rank, but it does come off as insulting the players of that rank. The same would have been true had you used any other rank. >...you have no idea what you're doing if you think it's a good idea to sell your support item. When we’re saying that something is uncivil, it’s coming off as rude and condescending. I don’t see how there could be a positive or neutral response to “you have no idea what you’re doing,” even if it were true or something others would agree with.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T09:33:58.223+0000) > > It’s unrelated to whether or not your statement is true. > > This comes off as condescending, and maybe not insulting that player’s rank, but it does come off as insulting the players of that rank. The same would have been true had you used any other rank. > > When we’re saying that something is uncivil, it’s coming off as rude and condescending. I don’t see how there could be a positive or neutral response to “you have no idea what you’re doing,” even if it were true or something others would agree with. Hey, newsflash: Not every post is going to be candy and flowers. If being "condescending" is against the rules, then just delete the whole forum, because every other thread has people arguing, and that comes parcel and package with it. I didn't break the rank shaming rules because I didn't call out his individual rank. And I was only "insulting" iron players in the sense that *everyone knows iron players are garbage at this game*. I don't need to spell that out for you or anyone, it's just a fact. People do incredibly stupid shit in iron, from buying IE on katarina, to forgoing jungle items, to never buying boots, to selling off their completed items for a completely different unfinished item - and that's just stupid things they can do with items, nevermind everything else they can do, like running straight at fed enemies without a plan. These are all actual things that happen in iron elo. Selling off your support item is exactly the same level of bad. Comparing selling your support item to something that would happen in iron isn't "offensive"; it's *accurate*. If someone feels "attacked" by that, then they're the same sort of people that feel attacked when told the earth isn't flat. Well, the earth isn't flat. They are wrong. They are getting their feelings hurt *because* they are wrong. It is not my place, your place, or anyone's place to protect their feelings from being hurt, when the only reason for it is because they were told a fact. But hey, if using "iron" as a synonym for "bad at the game" is against the rules, I guess using "diamond+" as a synonym for "good at the game" must be too. You can't say "diamond+ players don't do X," because that would be insulting anyone below diamond! Any possible references to factual data involving rank in any way, shape, or form is against the rules, because someone might get their feelings hurt! Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? As for "you have no idea what you're doing," I specifically put a clause on that phrase that cannot and should not be misunderstood by anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the english language. "You have no idea what you're doing **if** you think it's a good idea to sell your support item." It is specifically referring to the act of selling your support item. If they amend their thinking and no longer consider it a good idea to sell their support item, they no longer meet that conditional. The whole point of that phrasing is to emphasize just how bad of an idea it is. You literally cannot be offended by that unless you are offended by facts. And as we've just been over, no one is entitled to or deserves having their feelings "protected" from facts.
Gread Jr (NA)
: JINX IS BROKEN I CANT BEAT HER
You're losing to jinx because you have no experience on the champ you're picking to fight her with. Practice your "jinx counter" some to get them closer to the level your jinx is at. Ashe is easy enough, and her permaslow is very annoying for jinx to deal with.
: Everyone has base armor that scales with level. Armor pen can pierce below zero for bonus damage As a rule of thumb flat pen/lethality{{item:3147}} is always good on champs that build it {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:246}} assassin types Percentage based pen {{item:3035}} is only good when the enemy is building at least one armor item. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Armor_penetration League wiki explains alot, check it out ____
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0E1hslRa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-25T06:34:25.163+0000) > > Armor pen can pierce below zero for bonus damage Not true. Armor pen can only negate armor that the target has; it cannot reduce it below zero. You're thinking about a scenario with flat armor reduction, which is incredibly hard to achieve against champions.
: > [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-25T02:09:39.062+0000) > > What's uncivil? A swear word? Uh oh, get the sippy cups boys, we're back to kindergarten! Specifically the latter two sentences in his comment, quoted in the pinned comment. > Wanna know what's uncivil? Deleting a thread because you disagree with it. I do agree with what was said, just not *how* it was said. I highlighted a similar response that was not removed.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T06:07:15.349+0000) > > Specifically the latter two sentences in his comment, quoted in the pinned comment. > > I do agree with what was said, just not *how* it was said. I highlighted a similar response that was not removed. It's not wrong to tell someone they have no idea what they're doing when it's true. Nor is it wrong to compare their logic to iron, when *that is exactly the sort of thing that happens in extremely low elo*. I was restraining myself to not post something more scathing for how incredibly stupid the idea of selling your support item is. Compared to what I could have said, that was *incredibly* civilized. It's not your job to remove posts when people get their feelings hurt; it's your job to remove posts that are causing meaningful disruption.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Fairy types are literally useless when it comes to countering dragon type pokemon
Fairies completely shut down hydreigon, garchomp has always been broken, salamence got severely weakened with the introduction of fairy types, and dragonite is just a worse salamence. It's mainly garchomp that's the issue here.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-24T22:39:26.027+0000) > > I had a total of one (1) removal prior to you becoming a mod, and I've been here for years. In the past 9 months, the number of removals I've had have skyrocketed, and all but one (1) of them are from you. You remove so many posts that would have been left up previously. If it were a variety of mods doing it, I could just chalk it up to a change in policy, but it seems to just be you in particular with incredibly thin skin. It's not just my posts, either; whenever others bring up their posts being removed, you're usually the one behind it. You've had 13 removals, but we shouldn't count the one by Mod Rocksteady because Mod Curator undid it. That leaves 11. Of those, five were done by Mod Squad. Of the remaining six, four were by me. >keep the fucking item that's giving you a ton of stats and 4 wards every back? Is this the kind of logic that puts people in iron? Because seriously, you have no idea what you're doing if you think it's a good idea to sell your support item. Removed by me with not even a warning. >You know, if you were an AI, I would think your programmer did a pretty good job. Too bad you're a human. Maybe you should try engaging your brain to understand what I said, instead of relying on a quick heuristic scan and predictive text algorithm. Removed by someone else with a warning. > Too bad the thing we're talking about destroying is also responsible for countless atrocities against their own citizens. No one is saying to nuke china, but its government needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Again, no warning. >You don't. OP is just a moron that thinks people actually play with default bindings. Removed by me with a warning. >Go the link itself then. It's perfectly clear. US laws and regulations apparently require riot to block iran now. Blame trump if you want to blame someone for this. Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Still, no warning. >The best part about not being able to downvote now: Dumbasses like you get to make shitty posts and feel no repercussions for it. Removed by someone else with a warning. I really don't know how to help you understand this any better. You aren't being singled out. You aren't being treated more harshly than anyone else. If anything, you've been handled with kid gloves. Most people with 11 removals are much farther along our punishment track, so it's clear everyone involved has chosen to not hold the ModSquad actions against you. Putting aside the political stuff because by now you should get that we dumpster those threads pretty hard, let's be clear that treating people rudely is not going to be be part of GD culture. It never has been and that's not going to change.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:39:29.874+0000) > > You've had 13 removals, but we shouldn't count the one by Mod Rocksteady because Mod Curator undid it. That leaves 11. > > Of those, five were done by Mod Squad. Of the remaining six, four were by me. > > Removed by me with not even a warning. > > Removed by someone else with a warning. > > Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Again, no warning. > > Removed by me with a warning. > > Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Still, no warning. > > Removed by someone else with a warning. > > I really don't know how to help you understand this any better. You aren't being singled out. You aren't being treated more harshly than anyone else. If anything, you've been handled with kid gloves. Most people with 11 removals are much farther along our punishment track, so it's clear everyone involved has chosen to not hold the ModSquad actions against you. > > Putting aside the political stuff because by now you should get that we dumpster those threads pretty hard, let's be clear that treating people rudely is not going to be be part of GD culture. It never has been and that's not going to change. I apparently no longer have access to those old modsquad removals. The oldest in the message log that I see is the last one you quoted. It's still ridiculous that half of the removals here are from the past 9 months when I've been here for years and haven't changed anything about my posting habits in that time. Well, correction: I used to be more active a few years ago, so I had a much higher volume of posts during that era than I do now, which makes it even more ridiculous. I never said you were singling me out. I assume you do the same thing to everyone. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made this thread.
Rockman (NA)
: What's your favorite Eevee?
Eevee. Actual Eevee. It's one of my top 3 favorite pokemon. For eeveelutions, I guess Espeon? Followed by Sylveon and Leafeon.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-24T18:08:49.385+0000) > >I'd take modsquad any day over you, and that's saying something. ModSquad would have hit you much harder. I know this because I can see their actions in the old moderation records. Regardless, I'm uncertain why you think saying "you have no idea what you're doing" is an effective way to make a point, the [Backfire Effect](https://yourbias.is/the-backfire-effect) being a thing. If your purpose was to teach, you're doing it badly. As Periscope mentions, there was a perfect example of how to be better in that thread. If your purpose was to flex by being mean to someone, surely that isn't what GD is all about, right? People keep telling me GD has a unique, vibrant culture. I would hate to think your post was an example of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-24T21:13:42.624+0000) > > ModSquad would have hit you much harder. I know this because I can see their actions in the old moderation records. > > Regardless, I'm uncertain why you think saying "you have no idea what you're doing" is an effective way to make a point, the [Backfire Effect](https://yourbias.is/the-backfire-effect) being a thing. > > If your purpose was to teach, you're doing it badly. As Periscope mentions, there was a perfect example of how to be better in that thread. If your purpose was to flex by being mean to someone, surely that isn't what GD is all about, right? People keep telling me GD has a unique, vibrant culture. I would hate to think your post was an example of it. I had a total of one (1) removal prior to you becoming a mod, and I've been here for years. In the past 9 months, the number of removals I've had have skyrocketed, and all but one (1) of them are from you. You remove so many posts that would have been left up previously. If it were a variety of mods doing it, I could just chalk it up to a change in policy, but it seems to just be you in particular with incredibly thin skin. It's not just my posts, either; whenever others bring up their posts being removed, you're usually the one behind it. How is one person responsible for 80% of removals? That either means you're spending exorbitantly more time on the boards moderating than all of the other boards moderators *combined*, or it means your filter for "what is acceptable" is significantly more stringent than the rest of the GD mods. If it's the former, then I'm sorry. If it's the latter, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with you in particular. We have plenty of GD mods here that are native GDers. Maybe they would have removed that post, too, and that would be fine if so. But there is something drastically wrong when the majority of removals on GD are being handled by a single outsider.
Rioter Comments
: Riot Games soft-endorsment of bot programs.
Boards moderators != riot Though I do agree that really shouldn't have been removed for "naming and shaming." It's not even a person!
: Jungling got you down? Here's what to do:
> Alternatively, leave one creep up on Krugs, Chickens, or Wolves to deny them the gold and experience that they're trying to farm for. This will put them much further behind now than before! I thought they changed that on krugs so that if you only leave a small one, it still respawns?
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vV8Wkexg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-22T21:01:19.008+0000) > > Or you know... keep the fucking item that's giving you a ton of stats and 4 wards every back? Is this the kind of logic that puts people in iron? Because seriously, you have no idea what you're doing if you think it's a good idea to sell your support item. "Ton of stats" XD I don't know in what world where a little ball of AD/AP + Health is somehow better than CDR, Health/AP, Mana/Health Regen, and just higher stat values overall but ok. You have to keep the item because it has wards on it, obviously wards are very useful and important. But if it comes down to it selling the thing might actually be viable if you're playing an off carry like a mage or pyke. The items are bad enough to where you could consider replacing your ward pocket for stats. No one would even be talking about selling support items in any previous patch they've existed. Sure, they're gold efficient for 400 gold but for an entire finished item they're downright pathetic.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vV8Wkexg,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-23T00:15:30.911+0000) > > "Ton of stats" > > XD > > I don't know in what world where a little ball of AD/AP + Health is somehow better than CDR, Health/AP, Mana/Health Regen, and just higher stat values overall but ok. You have to keep the item because it has wards on it, obviously wards are very useful and important. But if it comes down to it selling the thing might actually be viable if you're playing an off carry like a mage or pyke. The items are bad enough to where you could consider replacing your ward pocket for stats. > > No one would even be talking about selling support items in any previous patch they've existed. Sure, they're gold efficient for 400 gold but for an entire finished item they're downright pathetic. Talking about selling support items *now* is just as insane. > **Eye of the Watchers** - 1800 gold > > +35 ability power > +10% cooldown reduction > +Gold 2 per 10 seconds > +200 health > +50% base mana regeneration > Tribute Passive > Warding Passive > **Shard of True Ice** - 400 gold > > +60 ability power > +Gold 3 per 10 seconds > +150 health > Warding Passive > **Bulwark of the Mountain** - 400 gold > > +40 ability power > +Gold 3 per 10 seconds > +300 health > Warding Passive So you lost 10% CDR, some mana regen, and the Tribute passive. The higher AP or health is easily worth as much as the cdr/mana regen, and you're getting the item for 1400 gold less. That's 1400 gold that can go to another item, on top of the 1000 gold you earn from the item itself. Since when did support items ever generate 2400 gold over the course of a game in the old system? You objectively are better off now. Oh, and you know what those 400g items sell for? A whopping 160g. You're giving up all those stats and 4 wards per back for 160g. That's some big brain league if I've ever seen it. If you sell your support item, you are trolling. You are griefing your team. There is nothing more to it than that.
Show more

Leaf of the lake

Level 119 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion