: I was always close for a teamfight ult so I rarely used flash to get in since I didn't need it. Just like Annie, teamfight phase you should be close to the action anyway so just plop Tibbers on them the minute they engage. Easy.
> [{quoted}](name=MiracleMorg94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5j4qx6M0,comment-id=0001000100010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-18T00:34:28.521+0000) > > I was always close for a teamfight ult so I rarely used flash to get in since I didn't need it. Just like Annie, teamfight phase you should be close to the action anyway so just plop Tibbers on them the minute they engage. Easy. I mean when the game was young this was fine but later when champions got mobility in their kits this became galios biggest weakness. He was rarely played because in higher elo you can just stay out of his range and he can only flash ult?
: It also generates dog ai and deletes the goodboi folder
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IPMRuvmY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-26T10:45:07.434+0000) > > It also generates dog ai and deletes the goodboi folder NO Not goodboi!
: https://media.giphy.com/media/xThuWtyb1yMlKIrz0c/giphy.gif
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AO6HJjvY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-16T21:26:49.905+0000) > > https://media.giphy.com/media/xThuWtyb1yMlKIrz0c/giphy.gif He forgot to ward and a rengar came out of the bush.
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m0VwuU1G,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T21:46:23.254+0000) > > You literally said AP scales harder and that is just not true AP scales harder =/= ad is weak saying ap scales harder doesnt mean im saying ad cant one shot you
Never did I say you said they were weak, but AD Scales better in a lot of champions ADC's for example so what your talking about is just wrong. Each champion can scale differently there are strong scaling AD and strong scaling AP, but AD is usually better they have better end game items with better passives. Also AA are physical as well making every AA stronger with Lethality and Armor Penetration. to Say AP is better scaling is just ridiculous.
: If you relied on using Galio as a flash ult bot you weren't playing him properly or to his full potential. I played him numerous times (not on this account) and I rarely used flash to ult so that argument is pretty invalid imo. He has less skill expression now than what he used to have. Before? Poke with Q, heal/shield with W, speed up with E, mega taunt and damage on R. Now? Poke with a more stupid Q, small taunt with E that slows him down, a small dash knockup on E, and a ult that can only be used on allies, that has been repeatedly nerfed- on the damage, DR, and the knockups/slow. Now it barely does anything. Old Galio > New.
so using flash ult for a 5 man ult is not playing him properly. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Ill note that down along with other great advice.
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m0VwuU1G,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-17T19:39:21.627+0000) > > Yes ADC and Mid lane AD picks cant one shot you cause they're scaling is terrible. Zed, Yasuo, and Talon have such a hard time killing people endgame...... except..... not once did i say they couldnt one shot you. BOTH ap and ad can oneshot you, all i said was AD is the cheaper purchase. you even quoted it yourself, how did you miss that?
You literally said AP scales harder and that is just not true
: probably due to the fact that pretty much all champions have almost twice as much armor as MR, and gain much, much less per level compared to armor. also cause AP scales way harder, while ad is instead cheaper.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m0VwuU1G,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-17T18:12:34.844+0000) > > probably due to the fact that pretty much all champions have almost twice as much armor as MR, and gain much, much less per level compared to armor. > > also cause AP scales way harder, while ad is instead cheaper. Yes ADC and Mid lane AD picks cant one shot you cause they're scaling is terrible. Zed, Yasuo, and Talon have such a hard time killing people endgame......
PigDaddy (EUNE)
: ***
Dude you are way off. are you high?
: Garen looks like a 10 year old with some weird soldier cosplay swinging a sword around though.
He looks like a kid who is wearing his dads suit (in this case armor)
: He was a fun and unique champion. Older champions were more one dimension back before Riot started copying off CertainlyT and making every damn new one like his concepts. They were better then. And his ult wasn't a pain. It's just called counterplay, and usually you hit them more times then you are knocked out of them. His ~~old~~ NEW kit is stupid and is a shell of what he formerly was. I don't like any of it. -Worded that wrong
He had to rely on flash basically to get an ult off. He has way more skill expression now which is something I can appreciate. He does have the 1 dimensional EWQ AA combo, but some of his old kit was Toxic. LOL Remember when the laser turrets came in and he was able to be unkillable under it with his W LMAO.
: I would revert Galio and keep him the way he was before. That's what I wish Riot would do :(
Galio's old kit was so one dimensional and his ult was such a pain if the enemy had any champion that could screw up his ult channel. I like his new kit but I dont like that his damage is basically in his passive and his q its what makes him so bursty.
: Jax is such a nerd...
LOL damn Jax Nerds ruin everything!
GreyfellD (EUW)
: Everyone has become so obsessed with winning, they've forgotten how to enjoy the game
I play to win, and how the hell do you know I wont be LCS sounds like fighting words to me!
: Respek to The Annie Bots and Box Boxes of the World
I actually played against Annie Bot the other day haha. I was so stoked to play someone of their caliber. Close game (we lost) but ultimately fun game!
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T18:47:25.730+0000) > >Also you are hilarious if you know anything about TOS cases a lot of stuff included is not even possible to have legally bound too. I mean, if we are getting into semantics, if you don't follow the rules of their ToS and treat it like something you can ignore, they aren't libel to give you back your money that you spent depending on the angle it is looked under. >people sue and win against TOS all the time. Such as? >I am done wasting my time coming up with my own thoughtful responses just to have you come back with cut and paste responses. Its like when you try to explain something to someone and they just don't understand/or care to understand what you are saying LOL. Ok.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T19:21:33.568+0000) > > I mean, if we are getting into semantics, if you don't follow the rules of their ToS and treat it like something you can ignore, they aren't libel to give you back your money that you spent depending on the angle it is looked under. > > Such as? > > Ok. A legitimate terms of service agreement is legally binding between the parties who agree to it. However, there are a few things that can make terms of service agreements unenforceable. One of the most common unenforceable terms is the unilateral amendment provision, which gives a company the right to change its agreement however it wants, whenever it wants, with or without notifying its customers. Courts have repeatedly found this term unenforceable in cases like Harris v. Blockbuster Inc., Douglas v. Talk America Inc. and Rodman v. Safeway, Inc., as it requires people to agree to terms that don’t even exist yet. If a company wants to include a provision like this, it generally has to notify its customers of agreement changes, provide a grace period for the changes to take effect and limit the agreement to only apply to events that happen after the agreement is amended. This is just a quick google search since no one reads to TOS I am sure there is plenty in there that does not have the ability to hold up in a court of law.
m0zz4r3ll4 (EUNE)
: boots of swiftness (useless?)
Boots of swiftness are so Niche that they should probably give them a good buff to compensate since Merc Treads reduce slow duration already why not give Boots of Swiftness a considerable buff since they dont reduce CC at all?
m0zz4r3ll4 (EUNE)
: When "Skaarl" comes back, it's not the same lizard but a different one. Kled is too high on mushroom juice to tell a difference.
> [{quoted}](name=m0zz4r3ll4,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RNlZHAzd,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-16T11:39:22.201+0000) > > When "Skaarl" comes back, it's not the same lizard but a different one. Kled is too high on mushroom juice to tell a difference. ITS WHEN HE DOESNT DRINK MUSHROOM JUICE THAT HE HAS A PROBLEM!
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T17:35:25.778+0000) > > It's a terrible Analogy I already explained why, so why do I have to keep doing so? Everyone in a movie pays to watch a movie. You dont Queue up in at a movie theater to go in with a party of 5 the defeat the other team of 5 during the movie? A movie can be a solo even meaning you can go there solo and enjoy said movie solo. Not a single person in the theater can have an effect on your movie going experience unless they are disrupting in which is DISCOURAGED completely in a movie theater vs communication is ENCOURAGED in League. #timeforanewanalogy You are entering a privately owned business, you are causing a disturbance, you get punished for it. And a single person can, if you go to the movies and cause a ruckus, you will be removed, no different then here. > you have the mindset of a child if you think this happens LOL. If I am a loyal customer of a restaurant of something of that nature you can be damn well sure that if someone started a fight with me that the restaurant he would be kicked out not me. Anyway you have a childish look at things thinking everything is black/white which is just not true there is plenty of gray Indeed, if someone starts a fight with you, they will be punished, if you start the fight, you will be. > not complaining tired of using common sense to show you that the current policy whether agreed to or not can be abused by Riot and if These are the exact same laws that goes into every means of entertainment, yeah, they are abusable if they want their company to fail. If they actually started banning innocent people outright, the bad PR would kill the company. And I'm not saying people don't fall through the cracks, they do, there has never been a case of a perfect system for catching people who break the rules even in real life, and if a ban is unjust, then yes, you deserve your stuff back and compensation. > sure because its like paying a fine it would cause Riot to actually do better in regards to defending against 3rd party software, investigations on toxicity, and maybe in developing better programs from people who are toxic to better themselves as if they have to ban an account they basically have to pay a fine. How would it be paying a fine, they would be losing money if they gave partial refunds. Those players would just use the money they get back to buy the things they want, then play and continue to be toxic while not spending money. With a permaban, they hope you either learn your lesson or just don't return at all. > You obviously did not see the link I posted where a guy was told he was banned for toxicity by support and then he was told nevermind it was for using 3rd party tools and then refuse to provide any evidence. Also this is not the Army my man I would know as I have Served in the army they aren't keeping national secrets. just like you cannot be put in jail without a trial and evidence then you should not be banned without it. THIS is my biggest problem with you especially since you are ok with accepting bans without providing proof. If I pay money and you ban me you damn sure better provide me proof or I will sue. If they were more open, people would lead on it and use their third party software to work around it which is a problem onto itself, that said, I suggest not suing, you would lose as you agreed to their terms of losing your account when you said yes to their ToS.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T18:12:14.803+0000) > > You are entering a privately owned business, you are causing a disturbance, you get punished for it. And a single person can, if you go to the movies and cause a ruckus, you will be removed, no different then here. > > Indeed, if someone starts a fight with you, they will be punished, if you start the fight, you will be. > > These are the exact same laws that goes into every means of entertainment, yeah, they are abusable if they want their company to fail. If they actually started banning innocent people outright, the bad PR would kill the company. And I'm not saying people don't fall through the cracks, they do, there has never been a case of a perfect system for catching people who break the rules even in real life, and if a ban is unjust, then yes, you deserve your stuff back and compensation. > > How would it be paying a fine, they would be losing money if they gave partial refunds. Those players would just use the money they get back to buy the things they want, then play and continue to be toxic while not spending money. With a permaban, they hope you either learn your lesson or just don't return at all. > > If they were more open, people would lead on it and use their third party software to work around it which is a problem onto itself, that said, I suggest not suing, you would lose as you agreed to their terms of losing your account when you said yes to their ToS. Wow you pretend to have an answer to my statements but you just say the same thing. your like a toy where I pull a sting and you just spit out bad analogies. are you even coming up with this stuff on your own or are you some puppet having their strings pulled by other people. Also you are hilarious if you know anything about TOS cases a lot of stuff included is not even possible to have legally bound too. people sue and win against TOS all the time. its like if a company put in a TOS if you bad mouth us we can murder you that isn't legally possible. I am done wasting my time coming up with my own thoughtful responses just to have you come back with cut and paste responses. Its like when you try to explain something to someone and they just don't understand/or care to understand what you are saying LOL.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T22:20:08.089+0000) > > Oh it's you and the movie theater analogy again. Yeah, it's a good analogy, probably one of the best comparisons I can think of. >This is not just for People who were perma banned for toxic behaviour. your whole thing is to punish players even innocent ones. When did I say I wanted innocent people punished? >your view is just wrong it's ok to steal money from someone just because they are an asshole or toxic is still not ok especially if innocent players can be caught in the crossfire. It isn't stealing, you agreed to their terms, you broke their rules, you face the consequences. If you have a car, and you say run into a house with it, you lose the car, is that stealing? No. You didn't follow the rules, you lose the privilege to your car. >you do not need to work with a team in a movie theater, and talking is discouraged not encouraged in a movie theater. Restaurant, theater, any public setting, it doesn't matter. All of them have rules, and if you break them and it is clear that you are being removed for breaking them, you get punished, you don't get a refund. >and the only thing that comes close to the blue ray analogy is maybe cheating which that is the only scenario I would think its ok to issue no refunds. That's fine, you can think it is ok all you want, doesn't change the fact they are the ones with the business, and you are over here, complaining. >Lets not even get into the oh i am not losing anything only 75% of my purchases????? seriously dude?!?!?!?!? you make 0 sense also Not sure how I'm not making sense. >you miss the fact that this would entice riot to actually have better processes and systems for account banning? Now sure how it would entice them exactly, it would heavily increase their workload as they have to figure out a better way to try and cull the people deadset on ruining the games of others. >I hope one day you get banned for something that is not your fault and then you will realize what I am talking about, because it wont be fine then for you. Honestly like i have said before never have I been banned for 7 years of playing this damn game so this is not a omg I got banned please refund me thing, this is I dont want to be punished ever for something I did not do thing. Well I have been here for 10 years and other the forum mods being incompetent, and one time in college when I triggered leavebuster because my laptop was shit, never banned. You won't get banned for nothing and if you can prove you aren't banned for nothing, the community will rally behind you to get your ban overturned, not sure where you are getting this banned for nothing nonsense from.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:54:29.605+0000) > > Yeah, it's a good analogy, probably one of the best comparisons I can think of. It's a terrible Analogy I already explained why, so why do I have to keep doing so? Everyone in a movie pays to watch a movie. You dont Queue up in at a movie theater to go in with a party of 5 the defeat the other team of 5 during the movie? A movie can be a solo even meaning you can go there solo and enjoy said movie solo. Not a single person in the theater can have an effect on your movie going experience unless they are disrupting in which is DISCOURAGED completely in a movie theater vs communication is ENCOURAGED in League. #timeforanewanalogy > It isn't stealing, you agreed to their terms, you broke their rules, you face the consequences. If you have a car, and you say run into a house with it, you lose the car, is that stealing? No. You didn't follow the rules, you lose the privilege to your car. You actually dont lose your car you lose your licence and guess what you can sell your car afterwards and get your money back maybe not 100% but you can. So another great example at why you should stop with analogies. > Restaurant, theater, any public setting, it doesn't matter. All of them have rules, and if you break them and it is clear that you are being removed for breaking them, you get punished, you don't get a refund. you have the mindset of a child if you think this happens LOL. If I am a loyal customer of a restaurant of something of that nature you can be damn well sure that if someone started a fight with me that the restaurant he would be kicked out not me. Anyway you have a childish look at things thinking everything is black/white which is just not true there is plenty of gray You are hard on this breaking rules I bet you were the kid that was bullied as a child and have > That's fine, you can think it is ok all you want, doesn't change the fact they are the ones with the business, and you are over here, complaining. not complaining tired of using common sense to show you that the current policy whether agreed to or not can be abused by Riot and if you look at history people who let power like this slide because they thought nothing would come of it (oh how they were wrong) > Now sure how it would entice them exactly, it would heavily increase their workload as they have to figure out a better way to try and cull the people deadset on ruining the games of others. sure because its like paying a fine it would cause Riot to actually do better in regards to defending against 3rd party software, investigations on toxicity, and maybe in developing better programs from people who are toxic to better themselves as if they have to ban an account they basically have to pay a fine. > Well I have been here for 10 years and other the forum mods being incompetent, and one time in college when I triggered leavebuster because my laptop was shit, never banned. You won't get banned for nothing and if you can prove you aren't banned for nothing, the community will rally behind you to get your ban overturned, not sure where you are getting this banned for nothing nonsense from. You obviously did not see the link I posted where a guy was told he was banned for toxicity by support and then he was told nevermind it was for using 3rd party tools and then refuse to provide any evidence. Also this is not the Army my man I would know as I have Served in the army they aren't keeping national secrets. just like you cannot be put in jail without a trial and evidence then you should not be banned without it. THIS is my biggest problem with you especially since you are ok with accepting bans without providing proof. If I pay money and you ban me you damn sure better provide me proof or I will sue.
saltran (EUW)
: Cassiopeia is fucking disgusting and her W is one of the main reasons why she's broken.
Bigsnax (NA)
: is anyone else interested in seeing what a game would look like if nobody purchased any items?
I have always thought that they should test champions without items or summoner spells and see where they stand. It would be interested to see,
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-15T22:24:37.436+0000) > > Man you people cannot think about the future at all it drives me nuts. What if Riot just one day stops supporting league of legends and closes all the servers, what if you get banned and they do not give you a reason, or any other situation where you cannot access the game? You lose everything you spent on a free to play game and this leaves them with 0 liability. Uh... Duh? *Why* should I get money back in any of those situations? If anyone here was thinking about the future they'd invest their skin money instead of buying cosmetics. You don't buy extra luxury items in a luxury service if you're thinking about the future. > This is not and will never be acceptable and online games have been getting away with this for too long. You do realize you're saying it's accepted by everyone already in the same breath you're trying to voice frustration with it, right? > People have lost the ability to play whole games they spent money on because they can just leave with 0 recourse. this is wrong and needs to be fixed as a whole in the gaming industry. Ok, ***but that's an entirely separate problem than what you're talking about with Refunds!*** That's a problem with a large portion of the game being server side and companies not open sourcing that server code when they shut down a project.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T23:11:17.715+0000) > > Uh... Duh? *Why* should I get money back in any of those situations? > > If anyone here was thinking about the future they'd invest their skin money instead of buying cosmetics. You don't buy extra luxury items in a luxury service if you're thinking about the future. > > You do realize you're saying it's accepted by everyone already in the same breath you're trying to voice frustration with it, right? > > Ok, ***but that's an entirely separate problem than what you're talking about with Refunds!*** That's a problem with a large portion of the game being server side and companies not open sourcing that server code when they shut down a project. Because first off in America we have freedom of speech and while they can have their policy and boot us from the game which is fine, it doesn't mean you can take money from people you do not like. first off having any words be zero tolerance words or phrases is pathetic. The Research shows Zero Tolerance policies are trash, and while I do not have the urge to say these zero tolerance phrases does not mean that someone should be banned for saying it. I was in the Army, I actually signed up to protect our rights as a country and that includes businesses rights as well. So In the case of respecting both sides I agree that Riot can ban people, but not if they paid for something then they should at least get some reimbursement. Banning people outright with zero liability is only going to get worse which means they can ban you even if they do not have evidence and/or they think you might be involved with cheating or 3rd party software. Having Riot reimburse even the small amount of 25% would make their processes better instead you want to defend their abuse of online purchases like every other company out there when you should fight for consumer rights on paying for online products. This is fact and its already had an effect on other people in other games who loss products because a company stop supporting a game. So why are you defending this you sound like a child who wants to "punish" bad people and do not care if innocent people are caught in the crossfire Which in my opinion is the worst kind of person (the ends justify the means and blah blah blah). Just like the idea of "prison" sounds great, but most of the people that go to prison never leave that system. So just because a systems in place doesn't mean it can't be reformed for the better and this policy is not even a good one. I love how people would fight against their own rights to online purchases/products. again I guess you just won't understand until something happens to you.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rysophage,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:16:12.195+0000) > > I bet there's something in their ToS that no one reads saying they can ban for whatever reason and you dont get money back. That is most certainly in their ToS yeah, that is in every video game ToS.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:16:56.815+0000) > > That is most certainly in their ToS yeah, that is in every video game ToS. this needs to be changed as whole in the gaming industry. The fact that you have 0 ownership of online purchases is BS.
: The *only* kind of refund I could see is a refund based on unspend RP, because that represents money that did not get you a good/service. Even then, things get tricky. I bought a lot of RP through gift cards, never had Riot save my credit card, and have moved several times since I last used a credit card in their system. How exactly would Riot be expected to get the money back to me? What's more, how would they know that it actually *is* me, not someone that is impersonating me hoping to troll me and make a buck at my expense? I also don't think it's right to expect Riot to sit on 25% of what you spent like they're your bank. ------ That said, I do think Riot is *way* overdue for a 2-factor authentication system. Something like that would drastically cut down on cases of stolen accounts.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:49:30.284+0000) > > The *only* kind of refund I could see is a refund based on unspend RP, because that represents money that did not get you a good/service. > > Even then, things get tricky. I bought a lot of RP through gift cards, never had Riot save my credit card, and have moved several times since I last used a credit card in their system. How exactly would Riot be expected to get the money back to me? What's more, how would they know that it actually *is* me, not someone that is impersonating me hoping to troll me and make a buck at my expense? > > I also don't think it's right to expect Riot to sit on 25% of what you spent like they're your bank. > > ------ > > That said, I do think Riot is *way* overdue for a 2-factor authentication system. Something like that would drastically cut down on cases of stolen accounts. Man you people cannot think about the future at all it drives me nuts. What if Riot just one day stops supporting league of legends and closes all the servers, what if you get banned and they do not give you a reason, or any other situation where you cannot access the game? You lose everything you spent on a free to play game and this leaves them with 0 liability. This is not and will never be acceptable and online games have been getting away with this for too long. People have lost the ability to play whole games they spent money on because they can just leave with 0 recourse. this is wrong and needs to be fixed as a whole in the gaming industry.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:39:24.891+0000) > > I never said a full refund. When the ban was justified or not you should still get a partial refund. Why? Should you get a partial refund if you cause a disturbance in a movie theater and get kicked out? Or a restaurant? Or any establishment for that matter? >Just because you buy a product online does not mean you are "renting" it you should own it. That isn't how that works, let's use the movie analysis again. Let's say you buy a blu ray. Yes, you own it, what you DON'T own the right to do is whatever you please with the media. If you were to upload the entire movie to Youtube, you are libel. It isn't just this video game that has these connotations, all media do. >If Riot has to refund even a little bit their system for banning would be much better as it would cost them money to do so. Since they can just say FU you are banned without any repercussions its easy for them to have a flawed system as it does not matter if you are innocent or not. It would also mean players would be far more ok with breaking the rules since they would just have the mindset of "Oh, I'm not losing anything really, who cares about losing the skins I don't care about, can just buy the ones I do." ESPECIALLY with the fact you can get skins for free now. The system is indeed flawed, but your idea would be more a detriment to it and only aid in the trolls, not deter them.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:49:14.640+0000) > > Why? Should you get a partial refund if you cause a disturbance in a movie theater and get kicked out? Or a restaurant? Or any establishment for that matter? > > That isn't how that works, let's use the movie analysis again. Let's say you buy a blu ray. Yes, you own it, what you DON'T own the right to do is whatever you please with the media. If you were to upload the entire movie to Youtube, you are libel. It isn't just this video game that has these connotations, all media do. > > It would also mean players would be far more ok with breaking the rules since they would just have the mindset of "Oh, I'm not losing anything really, who cares about losing the skins I don't care about, can just buy the ones I do." ESPECIALLY with the fact you can get skins for free now. > > The system is indeed flawed, but your idea would be more a detriment to it and only aid in the trolls, not deter them. Oh it's you and the movie theater analogy again. This is not just for People who were perma banned for toxic behaviour. your whole thing is to punish players even innocent ones. your view is just wrong it's ok to steal money from someone just because they are an asshole or toxic is still not ok especially if innocent players can be caught in the crossfire. you do not need to work with a team in a movie theater, and talking is discouraged not encouraged in a movie theater. and the only thing that comes close to the blue ray analogy is maybe cheating which that is the only scenario I would think its ok to issue no refunds. Lets not even get into the oh i am not losing anything only 75% of my purchases????? seriously dude?!?!?!?!? you make 0 sense also you miss the fact that this would entice riot to actually have better processes and systems for account banning? I hope one day you get banned for something that is not your fault and then you will realize what I am talking about, because it wont be fine then for you. Honestly like i have said before never have I been banned for 7 years of playing this damn game so this is not a omg I got banned please refund me thing, this is I dont want to be punished ever for something I did not do thing.
Sirsir (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eRmw9V4U,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:24:48.456+0000) > > Grounding is a terrible mechanic that just feels terrible to go against. I love how with newer/reworked champions they added ways to give you no dashes or you cannot use summoner spells to escape. melee champs that need to get to their targets are already easily abused in this sense. Poppy W is perfectly fine though as she has to be right on top of you, but Cassio Miasma is some BS that she can fire and forget about it. Singed isnt as bad either since its much smaller, but I mainly have a problem with Cassio's ability. I'm not saying every version we have is great, when you can cover half the lane and there are slows attached then yeah it feels bad. I don't think grounding is the problem, but the fact that all of its applications are accompanied by massive slows. Its basically a 3-4 second root...
> [{quoted}](name=Sirsir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eRmw9V4U,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T20:30:04.462+0000) > > I'm not saying every version we have is great, when you can cover half the lane and there are slows attached then yeah it feels bad. I don't think grounding is the problem, but the fact that all of its applications are accompanied by massive slows. Its basically a 3-4 second root... I can 100% agree with you on that. The slow is just terrible on a grounding ability.
Jamaree (NA)
: Riot should have to provide solid hard evidence of a ban, no, you shouldn't get a full refund if the ban is justified.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:14:47.216+0000) > > Riot should have to provide solid hard evidence of a ban, no, you shouldn't get a full refund if the ban is justified. I never said a full refund. When the ban was justified or not you should still get a partial refund. Too many companies get away with the loose laws of Electronic products which is something I have said for a while. Just because you buy a product online does not mean you are "renting" it you should own it. If Riot has to refund even a little bit their system for banning would be much better as it would cost them money to do so. Since they can just say FU you are banned without any repercussions its easy for them to have a flawed system as it does not matter if you are innocent or not.
rujitra (NA)
: Why is it Riot’s job to “protect” your computer from hacking? That’s the *only* instance in which a refund would *possibly* be appropriate, because all other bans (such as chargebacks, toxicity, feeding, etc) are all because the player directly misbehaved. But even then, it’s not Riot’s job to protect you from hacking, and they aren’t responsible for your loss of money due to hacking. They *will*, however, work with players who were **legitimately** hacked to attempt to rectify damage done by the hacker.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:16:58.723+0000) > > Why is it Riot’s job to “protect” your computer from hacking? That’s the *only* instance in which a refund would *possibly* be appropriate, because all other bans (such as chargebacks, toxicity, feeding, etc) are all because the player directly misbehaved. But even then, it’s not Riot’s job to protect you from hacking, and they aren’t responsible for your loss of money due to hacking. > > They *will*, however, work with players who were **legitimately** hacked to attempt to rectify damage done by the hacker. so someone gets shot on the street and it was up to them to protect themselves so now the hospital shouldn't treat them? Either way it doesnt matter they will not provide proof or they did not even notify this person on why his account was banned. Like being sent to jail for life and asking what the charges were for and they will not disclose. Idk where you riot fanboys come from to defend this policy, but you wont think riot is right when your account is banned and then there is no proof/evidence of why and you are out of an account you spent time and money on. Plus I never said they need to protect your computer I said this would incentivise them to find better counter measures for 3rd party applications and if their server was hacked and you account was hacked through there side is also a possibility. Never did I say Riot has to protect our personal PC.
: Bouncers for the ulti then. Backup dancers for his normal soldiers.
Haha I love it would be an awesome skin.
Laçez (EUW)
: Why is Ekko's only real source of damage his passive? (Semi-Rant)
> [{quoted}](name=Laçez,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=954wAzWM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-14T02:47:30.758+0000) > > Yo, Ekko main here , wanna have a lil discussion... > > I've got a fair amount of points on Ekko, love his character & I do truly like playing as him, I would explore other champions but I have 'constrainsts'. > Now before I get started I'm well aware that Ekko is in a decent spot & making changes to his kit could easily break him, to add, I'm aware that a lot of people are split on their opinions on him, either finding him fun to play againsts/balanced, where others just find him annoying. > > From the title i guess it isn't hard to already know what I'm gonna be talking about & I wanna highlight areas where he falls short as a result. > > Ekkos laning in my experience is a hit or miss, (not endorsed by TikTok I swear). It is usually againsts your favour due to the mid lane being full of ranged mages. In melee matchups things tend to be better if your not up against a counter, e.g Kassadin. He lacks poke as a result of everything being centred around his passive & he doesn't have early damage. Engaging on a target is fairly telegraphed since his only gap closer is his E & nothing else, this is usually the way you trade but since he's melee, in ranged matchups you tend to lose out due to creeps switching aggro, his low base damage not being worth trading for & high mana costs which leave you with little pressure for future trades. The way his trades are set up cause him to be very susceptible to CC, of which he has no form of disengage aside from his R upon hitting 6. Just for comparison I'll highlight other melee midlane assassins, so you can see what I mean. > {{champion:238}}: Has W & Q for poke in lane along with his E for slows providing better chances of hitting those Qs. Can use W as a gap closer & energy instead of mana. Good base damage given the poke he has. > {{champion:84}}: Q decent poke, makes up for the lack of damage & the melee midlane dilemma with sustain, W as broken as it is, provides her with pressure & minimises her damage taken in lane while also being used as a pseudo-engage in laning phase for trading. Passive - no cd & hybrid scaling, has two iterations of increased Ms for her & bonus + damage range on her next AA. E simple engage & disengage tool that synergises well with her passive (for the purposes of leaving the ring) & her W. > {{champion:91}}: Can one shot you at level 2... Where he lacks in mobility he makes up for in damage, making a trade well worth it. > I'll just list the rest just for reference > {{champion:157}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:105}} > > From the listed melee asassins aside from maybe Talon, Diana & Fizz they have both good engage, disengage & poke. In their cases you aren't required to engage everytime to deal damage or for Akali her shroud is what makes her trading worth it. Even so their engaging is quite versatile & not necessarily telegraphed. For the ones that do engage head on, Talon, Diana & Fizz, their damage is what gives reason for their trades & again on top of that Diana has a shield & Fizz has his E which literally dodges everything in the game (if they opt out using it for the damage). Ekko's trades play out as I've mentioned earlier, sub-par damage, telegraphged, no follow up due to his 5 second cd on his passive or decent form of disengage (of which used to be his slow). Even if you have high cdr your standalone spells have nothing going for them. The Q doesn't deal damage & even where it does the most damage (winding back to him), it rarely hits. The Same goes for the E but I'm okay with that. In lane you can hear the W being cast so you know he's going to engage & in a 1v1 scenario you either use it early for the shield or later as a stun which most people can discern where it'll land. His R can't be used as an engage tool, unless you've just traded & you're looking to go back in within 4 seconds. Why is that a bad Idea? You're passive is still on cd, you lose any form of disengage & you lose your heal. In Earlier stages of the game where scaling is low it isn't worth using because of the lack of follow up if your target isn't already low. I've found it very frustrating being ahead like 6 - 0 but being limited because my passive is my only real source of damage, a lot of the time you can get an opposing laner low, while being fed but have them just last hit stuck to their tower because of the instant pressure you lose having all your damage emphised on your passive, making Ekko unreliable at closing out kills. So you are faced with three choices: > 1. Use your Q to push in the wave and force them to not recall, losing quite a lot of mana as a result & leaving you open to ganks. > 2. Let them back, push in & roam, if roaming options are available. > 3. You dive them & you usually don't do that unless your ult is up. > > I have performed really well as Ekko but I feel it is mainly due to dumb mistakes on the enemy team allowing that time & time again, I've seen with success in him in pro play, which is why I think Riot don't really want to experiment with him (along with higher priority pending updates). Listen I don't want Ekko to be broken, I just want more of a reason to feel satisfied while playing him, as in you do well, you feel rewarded. There are tanks that can achieve this without even doing anything. > > I do wanna have a bit of a debate in the comments & further my reasoning on him based on what you all might have to say... plat 1 Ekko main here and let me tell you His passive is the one thing I love about him. His Q bothers me for offense as its distance is so heavily affected by hitting just 1 champion that even if the enemy team was standing on top of one another you might not hit all of them with it. Anyway Ekko's Fighting style is something I fell in love with a long time ago. With his passive you have the ability to go in and either A kill an Enemy or B do a good chunk of damage and then retreat (tactically of course) and wait for CD and reset on his passive to go in again. He is not someone who you can just stand there attack you have to use that movement speed from the passive and set up for your next move, and that is what makes Ekko so great if you know how to play him. Always setting up for that next move to give you or your team the best advantage to win.
Sirsir (NA)
: We've done the 'keeping the most broken thing on a champ cuz thats what makes them unique' dance before {{champion:38}} Admit you made a mistake and move on. > [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eRmw9V4U,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T16:09:07.111+0000) > Seems to me Riot doesn't know that to do with her. Irelia is probably impossible to balance because there is no way of giving her counterplay without said counterplay making her useless. We need more anti-mobility in this game. More poppy Ws and grounding spells.
Grounding is a terrible mechanic that just feels terrible to go against. I love how with newer/reworked champions they added ways to give you no dashes or you cannot use summoner spells to escape. melee champs that need to get to their targets are already easily abused in this sense. Poppy W is perfectly fine though as she has to be right on top of you, but Cassio Miasma is some BS that she can fire and forget about it. Singed isnt as bad either since its much smaller, but I mainly have a problem with Cassio's ability.
: This also works.
pffft he can do both I dont see why not. @RIOT make it happen
Stunˆˆ (EUW)
: OP.GG click - stats -> win rate -> master -> today
The number of matches in 1 day for Master Tier doesnt mean anything. its such a low number.
ZVlTOR (EUNE)
: to be honest im not even surprised. i would write more but riot would just delete my comments again "for beeing mean to them"
> [{quoted}](name=ZVlTOR,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0GikbZA0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:06:42.023+0000) > > to be honest im not even surprised. i would write more but riot would just delete my comments again "for beeing mean to them" People would fight me all the time on this defending riot's banning policy and I was just waiting for a situation like this to prove my point that it is not a healthy policy.
Rioter Comments
droov (EUW)
: a reason for an unreasonable ban
I have kept saying it for a long time, Riot having the ability to suspend accounts without compensating purchases allows them to get away with this. I am not even saying giving a full refund for RP bought and so on, but even a 25% return would cause Riot to actually get their shit together if they had to reimburse for some expenses on the game. People defend riot and it takes something like this to see how unfair their methods are. If we cannot get reinbursed for expenses then you should not be allowed to outright ban our accounts. I have never had a ban, a chat restriction, or anything like that but its a situation like this that scares me that it could happen and not even be your fault.
: Do it! RIOT! Make a new Yasuo skin, so this cynical Brit can save America! Jk, jk.
Yes once LA is gone we can take America Back.
: My vote for male kPop would have to be: {{champion:268}} (cause he can summon armies of bouncers to stop overly enthusiastic fans, and is a lead-singer sort of role) {{champion:85}} (Have you SEEN that breakdancing?!?!) and {{champion:497}} cause the guy loves to dance. ... Fine. {{champion:81}} can come too, since he's always being fangirl'd over by the riot community. >.> I just think he has too many skins already. --- Also...Pyrotechnics / DJ Brand (Technicolor FX on his abilities)
> {{champion:268}} (cause he can summon armies of bouncers to stop overly enthusiastic fans, and is a lead-singer sort of role) > I would imagine him summoning back up dancers lol
Alzon (NA)
: bUt iReLiA iS gUtTeD nOw
: Why does Janna have so much trouble returning umbrellas at customer service?
: {{champion:27}} Leaving... Good luck chasing me nerds. Fight mad scientist with mad scientist.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=MmxUgplN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-14T05:24:43.844+0000) > > {{champion:27}} Leaving... Good luck chasing me nerds. Fight mad scientist with mad scientist. cant be chased by a mad scientist if you are a mad scientist
: What if my most played champion is {{champion:518}} ? Well no matter what, I've gender swapped.... O.o I'm going to be {{champion:518}} , {{champion:143}} , {{champion:7}} , or {{champion:21}} .... (All relatively similar playrates) If {{champion:518}} then spiderman meme unsues when Neeko awakes... If {{champion:7}} then 90% of the world hates me..... Meh... If {{champion:143}} then the entire works hates me..... Time to go back to the jungle If {{champion:21}} then I have nothing to say that wouldn't come out dirty
> If {{champion:21}} then I have nothing to say that wouldn't come out dirty I am disgusted, but curious
: Rework a champion to Riot standards
Rengar Prime - Passive: always Obscured when a bush (cannot be revealed by true sight, turrets, or any type of vision), because nothing is more fair than being 1 shot from a bush. Can leap to enemies from a bush Removed from passive: Empowered abilities no need for these anymore as all moves will be super powered and there is no more bone tooth necklace Q: Deals Double damage and if cast on a champion it resets and deals Quadruple damage on the reset W: Removes all CC and Regen health lost in the last 10 seconds of being attacked over a duration of 2 seconds in which you will have a bonus 100 armor and magic resist E: Point and click ability again and always snares for 2 seconds which Rengar can now "pounce" on enemies that are snared R: turn completely obscured not able to be seen by any type of vision and when leaping to a target insta kill said target whether its an enemy champion or even Baron, and resets upon champion kill.
: > [{quoted}](name=Super Cow Swag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=em7AeJsx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-12T21:16:51.139+0000) > > Imagine how broken it would be if you were on a team full of noobs who dont even use their game changing aoe ults 8 seconds through a teamfight. I bet they were being silenced by a sokara, malzahar and fiddlesticks in complete unison.
: Petition to have all Bonus Turret Damage Treated Equally
This was a change not mentioned on the patch notes. I believe this was an accident, because you cannot even gain stacks when attacking the turret. If it was intentional I believe they would have allowed you to get to 3 stacks and have an empowered auto vs minion or champion, but the fact that it stays at the current number and/or the animation is there there leads me to believe this is a bug, but this is a huge bug since turret plates offer gold and this really effects the champion so Riot needs to address if it is a bug or not as soon as possible.
: He is squishy and has no mobility, i'm not sure i register what makes him broken exactly. Could you specify?
He is broken when I play him and press R sometimes it doesnt end in a pentakill RITO PLZ FIX. lol Karthus has been in a fine spot for a long time it wasnt until the broken release of the new Dark harvest that he has gotten some attention.
: It is most lilely a bug. If you stack it up beforehand you will only do the empowered auto animation, without doing extra damage
Yeah I noticed this as well, but it does seem intentional like a caitlyn headshot.
: She isn't meant to be a laner, she was meant to be a jungler at the start, but the extra damage from that passive made her overwhelming in mid lane, to be honest the nerf was understandable, she isn't supposed to be the "pushy" kind of champion.
She was not meant to be a jungle there is 0 reason for this.......
: 1 player shouldn't be able to overrule 4 others
You know what I find funny. 3 people will hit surrender right away and then the last 2 always take their time to choose. its easy to hit FF when it wont gurantee FF, but once at 3 votes people will change their mind. I have seen it where 3 FFs and I and someone else said no, then when FF again I hit yes but 2 other people hit no. Maybe you should play the game idk.
: > [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEyEe7Ef,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T16:15:58.784+0000) > > Go against a Ryze mid and you will see what I am talking about. you use your E, but are snared in place with point and click CC which then you cannot get your passive to escape. his Flaws show really hard in these kind of situations. I never said you said he was OP I just said the way you described him made it sound like he was OP. And if I play miss fortune and Draven hits me with his e while I ult It cancels my Ult. Is I pick gangplank, and the enemy fast a fast auto animation, I can’t ghost barrel them. If I pick kayn and they build a executioners calling, my passive becomes worthless. Again. This is called counterplay.
Its so much different when its Melee vs Ranged. To be cucked before you can reach an opponent isn't really counterplay its basically an exploit especially with point and click CC abilities. With MF if you ult while in range of Draven E then that is your fault, but if a Melee champ cannot reach their opponent it just feels unfair whether its counterplay or not. the other is building a whole item to counter someone and that is completely different again. Not really counterplay when you are prevented from doing anything due to a point and click CC ability more or less it just feels like you are getting outplayed by an unfair ability and not the "skill" of someone.
Show more

LeftyRaydy

Level 138 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion