: you can spin that story for over half the champions in the game, but it's a binary champ like tryndamere that gets all the hate for some reason. nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 champion in the game with crit mechanics, like who gives a fuck. i dont mind a rework, but crit and the ultimate aren't going to go away, unless they pull an aatrox on tryndamere. that would be sad.
It's because he has a low skill requirement to play and is still able to "1v9" theoretically. Whether it's healthy design to be able to do that I don't know, but a lot of the community seems to think that way. People would surely complain less if his skill ceiling was higher, but obviously people would still complain. Kinda like how Zed is still bull shit to face, but people think he's fine because you have to land a combo.
: how do you play tryndamere a lot and not know how to deal with him when against him?
You can know how to deal with a champion but still think it's bad design. I also play a lot of Trynd, but when people say he's unfun to play against I have to agree. He's great at stomping noobs and gets worse the better players you face, but due to the randomness of crit in high elo a lot of it is decided on whether tryndamere decides to crit or not.
pwc2016 (NA)
: Please update Tryndamere
How'd you lose as Ornn? lmfao. Also bramble vest sucks against Trynd stop taking it. He doesn't heal in combat.
Gadwar (NA)
: Melee vs ADC top, advice needed.
You don't win trades versus ranged unless you're near the bushes or you have a way to disengage so you're not supposed to trade but all-in. Just limit test more when you're in the matchups and watch vods of other people playing melee vs ranged from melee point of view.
: did the Q kill its target?
It's not about that, the tooltip isn't changing. It always says it's 8 seconds no matter the CDR. Don't think it's the issue either considering I was Qing a full health practice dummy.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Talon's Q has a 50% CDR refund when it kills the target. I swear, "Report a Bug" is 90% just 'didnt do the research'.
? The irony. That wasn't the problem I stated at all. Did you actually read? The tooltip itself wasn't changing CDR at all regardless of the amount of CDR I had. The tooltip said I'd have 8 seconds of CDR at 0% CDR at level 1 and the same at 40% CDR level 1. However when I Q'd at 40% CDR (not killing a target by the way) it was a little over 4 seconds (more than 4 seconds which means it wasn't 50% refunded). Read the whole thing first and actually understand what I'm saying before you respond with a snide comment.
Rioter Comments
: Get better at the game then.
Vectros (NA)
: While I agree he should have been nerfed you definitely over stated his power. There are a few melee matchups he loses (looking at you, Darius), and his ult while powerful, can be dealt with. QSS kills it off, but if you're stuck without it some well timed dodges let you get out alive (though I guess you're still out of the fight, so you didn't really win...)
I don't even think Morde loses to Darius. Obviously early levels, but then Morde hits level 6 and I think he beats Darius as long as he went Seeker's or Tabi.
: LMAO 1 MILLION ON MORDE but still still cant get out of bronze
bruh moment. Also, E is hard to dodge unless the other champion has a dash ability.
: How did Mordekaiser avoid nerfs last patch?
and the patch before that and the patch before that.
Pyrosan (NA)
: Master Yi had his bug fixed already with it
Why didn't they fix it on Jax at the same time? That's stupid of them.
Rioter Comments
nash55 (EUW)
: It doesn't feel like you get outplayed anymore, just out-champion-ed.
Udyr is much better currently than he has been in the past several patches. I don't know what you're on about.
: that's not stalking, that's just being smart at arguing or debating with people. you use their own words against them. it works really well. you'll see it in politics, court, anywhere really
but "haha no life loser virgin looking at my post history so he can beat my arguments" is a better argument.
: It still has a huge DoT component.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tupvQjab,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:41:26.791+0000) > > It still has a huge DoT component. Yeah I agree, but everytime I hear people complain about Elder Dragon it's because of its execute. I have never heard anyone complain about the DoT on it.
Rioter Comments
Moonš (NA)
: Next champion which is a juggernaut.
That does not guarantee the champion will be simple. One can hope though.
: Literally all the champions over the last 2 years or so have been relatively simple and easy to understand.
Sure, but they're easy to understand, but they're not simple. When I think simple I think Jax, Olaf, Malphite. Senna, a marksman with a wack attackspeed that doesn't scale who is actually a support, but also scales by killing ghouls. Qiyanna, a champion whose abilities change depending on the last form of terrain you've dashed to. Yuumi, a champion who literally latches onto another champion and can't be targeted and uses spells and abilities while attached. Sylas, a champion that steals enemy ultimates. Yeah, they are/were all somewhat easy because of how overloaded they are. No, they are not simple, they are overloaded and have several nuances in their kit.
: Aphelios Kit Primer
Cool, when do we get a simple champion?
: Theyre making them to favor mages and fighters as supports. Not actual supports.
Wouldn't a non traditional support need more gold income generally? Do you mind explaining your logic?
Rioter Comments
Hsofth (EUW)
: 12% increase plus better objectives. How does it feel worse. Even if you gank a lot you get objective pressure. Our role finally matters again.
Is this a response to mine? It sounds like we're on the same page, except that jungle was always a good role, but it wasn't fun to play.
: anyone else getting massive fps drops
Thank god it's not just me. I tried capping it to 60 and it still happens. It just frame skips really badly.
: Yeah it's strange how the only bruiser change was the new conqueror, and it's terrible on them. They should of made more bruiser changes.
That's what I don't understand. They only removed shit from bruisers, they didn't add anything new. Then for assassin's they added like 2 new items and changed a bunch of shit around, but they weren't even bad in the first place. Also Conq is not nearly as good as it used to be a for a lot of champions because they want the extra damage on it not the healing, but then the healing is literally OP on other champions.
: With the removal of Shojin Riot should really take a look at bruiser items
Haha YES bruiser items are fine. That's why all bruisers go Trinity/BC > Tiamat > Steraks. Yes bruiser itemization is sooooo good rn. Good job boards :D
: Spear of Shojin was a mistake to begin with.
I never said it wasn't. I don't know why everyone seems to think I want it back.
: > but his powerspike is at 3 items now I think you are a few years out of date
Let me re-iterate. His 3 item powerspike is not nearly as good as his 2 item powerspike with Shojin. That's a problem. I don't mind it being at 3 items, but there needs to be new items to replace Shojin. I don't know why assassin's got them instead.
: Jungle feels like shit
You're not pathing properly then. You should be lower than your laners, but not 3 levels lower. Unless they're absolutely stomping. Jungle timers got lessened and shared EXP is also less, so you're mostly supposed to be farming and really only ganking when an opportunity shows itself and trying not to share EXP when possible. I think you just don't understand the changes and still playing like it's Season 9. Which honestly, still shouldn't put you 3 levels behind.
: sojin isn't completely removed. it still in ARAM.
Rioter Comments
: Can someone tell me why Kai'Sa is still the best adc in the game over a year later?
Because Riot likes money and Kai'sa sells skins. Mods apparently don't like 1 word posts, even though it only takes one word to explain why Riot doesn't give a fuck about balancing that character. Thin skins.
: > [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=000300010000000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-13T22:55:58.005+0000) > > Wrong. ADC's can position correctly and they won't die. Team can just CC Renekton and he almost dies immediately. Renekton is extremely strong in lane and after that he's pretty lackluster compared to a LOT of top laners. Wrong. Positioning means nothing when top laners are handed 60 different ms steroids.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=0003000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-13T23:31:42.336+0000) > > Wrong. Positioning means nothing when top laners are handed 60 different ms steroids. ah yes, the 60 ms steroid that also stops all forms of CC when approaching an enemy ADC. You're actually ridiculous. Go play 100 games of top and tell me how overpowered that role is.
: > [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=0003000100000002,timestamp=2019-11-13T20:37:14.153+0000) > > You've played top like 0 times in your life if you think Renekton just one shots a 22/2 Jinx. I play every role but mid quite a bit. And renekton is one of my go too top laners. There is all of 1 adc that I ever struggle to deal with after 1 item. {{champion:51}} Fun fact. Point and click anything makes an adc die instantly and without counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=00030001000000020000,timestamp=2019-11-13T21:42:19.297+0000) > > I play every role but mid quite a bit. And renekton is one of my go too top laners. > > There is all of 1 adc that I ever struggle to deal with after 1 item. {{champion:51}} > > Fun fact. Point and click anything makes an adc die instantly and without counterplay. Wrong. ADC's can position correctly and they won't die. Team can just CC Renekton and he almost dies immediately. Renekton is extremely strong in lane and after that he's pretty lackluster compared to a LOT of top laners.
: > [{quoted}](name=uSfUpLarry,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2019-11-13T01:32:46.803+0000) > > Show me a real example. {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} But you know. I’m sure all these champions that can practically 1v9 without being fed are just exceptions right? Just a coincidence that they all go top lane. Just so weak.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=00030001000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-13T02:03:54.463+0000) > > {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} > > > But you know. I’m sure all these champions that can practically 1v9 without being fed are just exceptions right? Just a coincidence that they all go top lane. Just so weak. How come you have 25% winrate on Jax?
: > [{quoted}](name=uSfUpLarry,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-11-12T23:34:40.303+0000) > > Lmao try doing that and tell me if you ever win a match based on your shit champ alone who will either way gt outscaled by the opponent's ADC. Oh! You mean that 0/2 renekton that 100-0s the 22/2 jinx? :D because top lane picks are so hilariously broken that you have to actually have no arms to lose with them?
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-11-13T00:03:29.692+0000) > > Oh! You mean that 0/2 renekton that 100-0s the 22/2 jinx? :D because top lane picks are so hilariously broken that you have to actually have no arms to lose with them? You've played top like 0 times in your life if you think Renekton just one shots a 22/2 Jinx.
: Lmao try doing that and tell me if you ever win a match based on your shit champ alone who will either way gt outscaled by the opponent's ADC.
> [{quoted}](name=uSfUpLarry,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-11-12T23:34:40.303+0000) > > Lmao try doing that and tell me if you ever win a match based on your shit champ alone who will either way gt outscaled by the opponent's ADC. he did. He lost his games as Jax in silver lmfao
: Or you pick one of the hilariously broken top lane champions and hit plat by default.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jurqp38h,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-12T23:13:33.961+0000) > > Or you pick one of the hilariously broken top lane champions and hit plat by default. Haha yeah man Plat is such a high elo and top most broken role in the game. Okay.
: I'd just like it if they pulled back on abilities that go over walls, cut ward jumping entirely (It's kind of silly that it's been removed for one of three characters, but not the other two), and adjusted base movement speeds accordingly. I actually think the latter is one of the largest offenders. Why should characters that have a massive amount of mobility through abilities also have the highest base movement speed in the game?
> [{quoted}](name=Nanuk Pihoqahiak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=11xbRRcu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-12T07:19:12.243+0000) > > I'd just like it if they pulled back on abilities that go over walls, cut ward jumping entirely (It's kind of silly that it's been removed for one of three characters, but not the other two), and adjusted base movement speeds accordingly. I actually think the latter is one of the largest offenders. > > Why should characters that have a massive amount of mobility through abilities also have the highest base movement speed in the game? Man, don't remove ward jumping on Jax. That champion will suck so bad next season if you do that to him.
Kazekiba (NA)
: That's because prior attempts at making support feel impactful and active failed on a solo queue level. Autofillers were still going Lux/Brand or dodging/trolling even with Taric, Zeke's Herald, Redemption, Shurelya's resurrection, and Sightstones removal. Riots done a lot to rebrand Support but it won't change the players perception of it, so they're tackling it in a newer unique way. And if Senna proves too strong, they can always slow down her dps in favor of her support playstyle. Hopefully they can make more supportive AD items for her+pyke and other future AD support champions season 10 enables
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pRrWpWE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-11T21:55:24.655+0000) > > That's because prior attempts at making support feel impactful and active failed on a solo queue level. Autofillers were still going Lux/Brand or dodging/trolling even with Taric, Zeke's Herald, Redemption, Shurelya's resurrection, and Sightstones removal. > > Riots done a lot to rebrand Support but it won't change the players perception of it, so they're tackling it in a newer unique way. And if Senna proves too strong, they can always slow down her dps in favor of her support playstyle. Hopefully they can make more supportive AD items for her+pyke and other future AD support champions season 10 enables It's so funny because support has never been a bad role. People just want to 1v9 carry by dealing damage, and if they don't they troll. Literal children.
Cräfty (EUW)
: You must be a god or something, to tell that I don't know anything about the game without actually reading through my post or even know me. Also, I'm curious to know how did you get the idea that my thread is full of shit if you didn't actually read it?! Oh, I know how... It's because you were actually talking about yourself, I get it! **Projecting one's own inferiority and negative character onto others is typical for people with no self esteem, and an inferiority complex, who try to participate in conversations about topics they don't know anything about**. And guess what? I can actually say this based on this stupid comment you made, and I don't need to be god or even try to stipulate to do so, since you generously gave me all the infos I need to prove my point! {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Cräfty,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7PQhw3XR,comment-id=00390000,timestamp=2019-11-10T09:52:11.032+0000) > > You must be a god or something, to tell that I don't know anything about the game without actually reading through my post or even know me. > > Also, I'm curious to know how did you get the idea that my thread is full of shit if you didn't actually read it?! Oh, I know how... It's because you were actually talking about yourself, I get it! > > **Projecting one's own inferiority and negative character onto others is typical for people with no self esteem, and an inferiority complex, who try to participate in conversations about topics they don't know anything about**. And guess what? I can actually say this based on this stupid comment you made, and I don't need to be god or even try to stipulate to do so, since you generously gave me all the infos I need to prove my point! > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} I read the first paragraph and skimmed the tips. It's literally you blaming laners for dumb obvious mistakes. The reason why I think you're post is dumb is that you're speaking in absolutes when the game is 99% gray area. If you're speaking in absolutes that means that your points are either incredibly obvious or straight up wrong or situational. The other reason is that you say laners don't know shit about jungle. I 100% guarantee you know nothing about lane because of that first paragraph you typed up claiming other laners don't know about your role. Which they probably don't in your elo. > I'm a jungler, so I need to farm my camps. There will be some downtime moments where junglers are just farming, so don't be impatient and spam pings every damn seconds! This tip makes me think you're the type of jungler to try and finish krugs while top is being dove. A lot of the tips jungle players give to laners about jungle are just jerking themselves off and having a victim complex. Which is exactly what your post does.
Cräfty (EUW)
: A message from a jungler to all lanes!
I hate posts like this, you know nothing about the game. I don't even have to read it to know that it's full of shit except the quite obvious advice everyone already gives.
: I understand early game champions are supposed to be good at zoning
why did you even walk up there? He had 50 fury and a level up on you. He was clearly looking for an opportunity to do that.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:22:45.667+0000) > > Okay, these items do NOT counter every champion lmfao (maybe zhonyas.) These items specifically counter champions like Malphite because he is reliant on 1 ability (Banshee's specifically.) If you don't take damage from the Ultimate he can't do much to you. A Malphite isn't going to just Ult in when your team is able to just ignore his ult. If you can't build any of these items I recommend you build any kind of magic resist item. Literally just 1. He at least can't kill you with a full rotation of spells at that point. > > AP Malphite is good, but there is counterplay. Doesn't matter if he can kill you in one hit. His abilities do enough damage in a team fight (to an entire team) to basically win the fight, providing your team goes in when you engage. He just shouldn't have that much damage while also having that broken of an ult
> [{quoted}](name=Toxicate13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:36:33.027+0000) > > Doesn't matter if he can kill you in one hit. His abilities do enough damage in a team fight (to an entire team) to basically win the fight, providing your team goes in when you engage. He just shouldn't have that much damage while also having that broken of an ult Did you even read the fucking post?
: > [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:10:22.338+0000) > > {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3814}} Yes cool, those items counter every champion, not just malphite. Not much I can do as a jungler like Lee sin or master yi. I just get one shot
> [{quoted}](name=Toxicate13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:11:23.606+0000) > > Yes cool, those items counter every champion, not just malphite. Not much I can do as a jungler like Lee sin or master yi. I just get one shot Okay, these items do NOT counter every champion lmfao (maybe zhonyas.) These items specifically counter champions like Malphite because he is reliant on 1 ability (Banshee's specifically.) If you don't take damage from the Ultimate he can't do much to you. A Malphite isn't going to just Ult in when your team is able to just ignore his ult. If you can't build any of these items I recommend you build any kind of magic resist item. Literally just 1. He at least can't kill you with a full rotation of spells at that point. AP Malphite is good, but there is counterplay.
: Nerf Malphite. Thanks.
{{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3814}}
Keiaga (NA)
: It takes some time before klepto can "out econ" someone. In the meantime she's still an immobile burst mage in a solo lane that's longer than mid, dealing with what could potentially be a champ with a massive ammount of CC, and a hard engage.
she has a pretty nice MS disengage tool now though. There is a reason Klepto Kennen top is good. I don't think Annie klepto top is nearly as good, but it's definitely not a bad pick I don't think.
Rioter Comments
: Fun fact: Heal is for 2 person!!
Another fun fact. You can actually choose who you heal. It just chooses the closest person if you don't have your mouse hovering over somebody.
Show more

LegacyDAP

Level 90 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion