: Stop doing this to Tyler1
To start off I want to say I agree that anyone "running it down mid" in any game is absolutely unacceptable. League does not need any more of that or any type of toxic behavior. I want to address your comment that "all is forgiven". Riot typically does a great job of getting players like how Tyler used to be out of the game. They deserve the bans/punishments they receive and League continues on. Tyler received this punishment that many other toxic players have received, but now he's allowed to play again. To many people this will be viewed as unfair and unjust. Why does he get to play again? Why was an exception made? He may have shown enough of a reformation for Riot to lift his ID ban; however, saying all is forgiven is a bit premature considering how many people he negatively affected throughout his games before the ban. Just because Riot allowed him to play again doesn't change how all of those players negatively affected by his previous behavior feel about the issue. They may not forgive those actions and he is receiving that negative karma because of his actions. There is a truth to "What goes around comes around". Before anyone makes the argument that it's not their place to doll out their own version of justice, that's not what i'm defending. Just explaining how the world works when it comes to stuff like this. Someone gets convicted of killing someone in a drunk driving accident but is let out early because of good behavior, then all of a sudden a family member of the deceased guns the released convict down in the street. Just because the "system" deemed him reformed doesn't mean that every person affected by their actions have done the same. Regardless of what's right or wrong this would not be happening to him if he had not done the exact same thing over and over and over again in the past. He has nobody but himself to blame.
: hey i'm not a psycho mordekaiser mains are the most inteligent players of the world
> [{quoted}](name=I am Rubick Sama,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=VHiTp6Fu,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-07T19:03:11.243+0000) > > hey i'm not a psycho > > mordekaiser mains are the most inteligent players of the world MORDEKAISER ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE. As the meme states
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: It's a long con.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Calad,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=V3vEeTmy,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-30T19:15:12.644+0000) > > It's a long con. LOST REFERENCE?!?!?!?
DyQuill (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LankPants,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z1dTsaQ6,comment-id=000000000002000400000001000200010000000200000002,timestamp=2017-12-01T03:26:07.854+0000) > > So who does this actually appeal to? Because from what I've seen the reaction to this change has been overwhelmingly negative. There was actually no reason to make this change, it's just change for the sake of change and all that ever accomplishes is pissing off people who liked the old way better. > > As for the diversity point, you could change 70% of League's champions to be gay and it wouldn't impact their story at all. So why Varus, one of the very few champions who's sexuality was interwoven into his original story? It feels forced, heavy handed and flat out wrong. Boards has been pretty negative, so I get where you're seeing that. Reddit on the other hand has been less so. And on Twitter, we got a ton of positive support. But even within those, there are differences - some positive comments on Boards, and some negative ones on Twitter, and so on. The channel/forum is ultimately irrelevant. It's about players overall, and we've seen players all over have every reaction, from super pissed to overjoyed. We're still sorting through it and getting a sense of how we did, but I'm pretty confident that this "actually appeals" to a good amount of players. I guess what I'm saying is - echo chambers are real (not just Boards, but reddit and Twitter and everywhere), and there are more than a few players that are excited about these changes, just as there's a good number here that are very much the opposite.
> [{quoted}](name=DyQuill,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z1dTsaQ6,comment-id=0000000000020004000000010002000100000002000000020000,timestamp=2017-12-01T03:36:24.142+0000) > > Boards has been pretty negative, so I get where you're seeing that. Reddit on the other hand has been less so. And on Twitter, we got a ton of positive support. But even within those, there are differences - some positive comments on Boards, and some negative ones on Twitter, and so on. > > The channel/forum is ultimately irrelevant. It's about players overall, and we've seen players all over have every reaction, from super pissed to overjoyed. We're still sorting through it and getting a sense of how we did, but I'm pretty confident that this "actually appeals" to a good amount of players. > > I guess what I'm saying is - echo chambers are real (not just Boards, but reddit and Twitter and everywhere), and there are more than a few players that are excited about these changes, just as there's a good number here that are very much the opposite. I think the main question here was why Varus, and if it was primarily because his backstory had the most potential to be morphed into the Darkin narrative there were ways to avoid this backlash. I saw earlier that there was a debate on what was most central to Varus as a champion and I saw a lot of options thrown out there. Personally I really don't see how there was any debate over that point as losing your family/village fueling a self sacrificial mission of vengeance is extremely shaping to a character. Before work began and resources were diverted to the project a playerbase wide poll should have been sent to see what the general opinion was on what the central theme or focus was to Varus as a character with those different options put out there to choose from. I have an inkling that the project would have stopped right there if that's all that was put out there to the player base. There wouldn't be anything for pro-diversity or pro-Darkin to gain a backing and the question would be answered honestly.
: I will pass on your warm feels and kind words to the team. Honestly, Illaoi was the hardest champ I ever worked on. I mean, every champ has moments of aggravation but the kraken priestess was not, not, not easy to ship. (And required a herculian emotional stamina on Jimmy Steorts (design) to get done.) We had waves of negative and often unhelpful feedback—leading to endless, fruitless iteration that nearly broke the initial DNA team. And brought several of us to the brink of leaving champion team or riot. She was not easy. So your love for her means alot. For the Illaoi team and from the bottom of my heart. Thank you
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UQAFrs2l,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-29T16:59:34.904+0000) > > I will pass on your warm feels and kind words to the team. > > Honestly, Illaoi was the hardest champ I ever worked on. I mean, every champ has moments of aggravation but the kraken priestess was not, not, not easy to ship. > > (And required a herculian emotional stamina on Jimmy Steorts (design) to get done.) > > We had waves of negative and often unhelpful feedback—leading to endless, fruitless iteration that nearly broke the initial DNA team. And brought several of us to the brink of leaving champion team or riot. > > She was not easy. So your love for her means alot. > > For the Illaoi team and from the bottom of my heart. > > Thank you I'm sure the question has been asked previously, but what specifics about her were extreme enough to lead to some of you guys considering leaving the team or Riot. Seems crazy that one champion could cause that much of an issue.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: She can but it's not good on her. You have to use her E to proc it (higher chance to hit if they're slowed), which is a mana eater if you're trying to use it to proc Comet. MF's trades usually go with one AA + Q or just Q through dying minions. AS from Lethal Tempo isn't appealing because her damage is lower if she's not switching targets (thanks to her passive), even if her E is a very good steroid. The only way i'm seeing her get any use out of Tempo or Press The Attack is if you're decently strong with Lethality/Crit so you'd get some value out of having to duel people but that comes way later. In lane, it's not really useful as you have to go way out of your way to proc any of those while other champions you're against can use it more effectively than you. Fleet Footwork is also meh. Not a lot of use early, may be good later. But it's not good counting on you having mid/late game without a somewhat usable Keystone in the first place. Same thing goes for Domination keystones. Dark Harvest seems like a somewhat good option for her if you're taking some jungle camps and farming cannon minions or even getting kills but it won't last long if you're not farming so it's only good on paper.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tBJQyPVf,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T15:46:39.737+0000) > > She can but it's not good on her. > You have to use her E to proc it (higher chance to hit if they're slowed), which is a mana eater if you're trying to use it to proc Comet. MF's trades usually go with one AA + Q or just Q through dying minions. AS from Lethal Tempo isn't appealing because her damage is lower if she's not switching targets (thanks to her passive), even if her E is a very good steroid. > > The only way i'm seeing her get any use out of Tempo or Press The Attack is if you're decently strong with Lethality/Crit so you'd get some value out of having to duel people but that comes way later. In lane, it's not really useful as you have to go way out of your way to proc any of those while other champions you're against can use it more effectively than you. > > Fleet Footwork is also meh. > Not a lot of use early, may be good later. But it's not good counting on you having mid/late game without a somewhat usable Keystone in the first place. > > Same thing goes for Domination keystones. > Dark Harvest seems like a somewhat good option for her if you're taking some jungle camps and farming cannon minions or even getting kills but it won't last long if you're not farming so it's only good on paper. So I primarily play ADCs and have a decent amount of MF playtime. Speaking from experience when the runes first dropped I initially went electrocute and felt it was really good. Given that MF scales much harder off of raw AD and crit ( not as much off of AS) you're building more AD first and it feels like it really adds bonus damage to your initial damage with her passive + electrocute + duskblade + Q. I ended up switch to Aery simply because when you have both you and your pokey AP support with it the damage actually is oppressive in lane. Even if they have a hard engage comp you just do 1 damage trade on the enemy adc at level 1 and suddenly they are unable to even CS properly because of how vulnerable they are. Personally I still believe AP poke supports are getting the most use from Aery if played correctly (as anything) and swapping to Electrocute on MF will still feel good, you may just not notice how good until you complete your first item/ Duskblade as it's the culmination of the available to MF that shines. Before this adjustment I have yet to lose a lane as MF + Sona both using Aery. Of course I've enjoyed it, but there's no way that type of lane oppression is healthy.
Maxxston (NA)
: I have an issue where I lose all new frames for about ~1 second every once in a while, but my FPS doesn't change radically (UI reports a drop of maybe 5-10 right after the lost frames, but then goes back to normal). Is that likely to be the same issue that you're investigating? Or is the issue you're reporting a more consistent FPS drop over a few seconds?
> [{quoted}](name=Maxxston,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1Ot1fIJK,comment-id=00050007,timestamp=2017-11-13T18:25:22.377+0000) > > I have an issue where I lose all new frames for about ~1 second every once in a while, but my FPS doesn't change radically (UI reports a drop of maybe 5-10 right after the lost frames, but then goes back to normal). > > Is that likely to be the same issue that you're investigating? Or is the issue you're reporting a more consistent FPS drop over a few seconds? I've been having a similar issue. A decent portion of the time I've been playing with a duo partner on the same internet connection and I will intermittently have a FPS drop as you're describing where all frames are lost for about a second, but when it's over I see my MS spike and then immediately return to normal; yet my duo partner on the exact same connection does not experience this at all. It leads me to believe that it is either something computer specific or possibly something related to the game that is affecting my computer and not my duo's. Don't know if this is a more common issue or if we're just an anomaly; regardless it would be great to have this addressed.
Ebolol (NA)
: Is it Just Me or Does Ornn Feel Extremely Weak?
I haven't played him a ton, but from what I have played I'd say he probably needs some tweaking for late game (scalings are all over the place) and maybe some mana cost adjustments. I built catalyst early so I didn't have as big of a mana issue. The problem that creates though is until you build his first couple items you can't really diversify your build for the enemy team comp. That being said building bramble vest and the cinder item I crushed a Riven with ease. I know that's one situation, but his kit is really nice against her. I noticed that when you have the brittle debuff on her if she tries to jump on her your AA goes off before it completes and it knocks her back canceling the damage. Until he's adjusted I see him more as a situational pick rather than someone you can blind pick into anything.
: Let's break down this utter fucking nonsense. "Everyone ignores towers" No they don't. I dare you to take a tower on your own, without minions. Please, be my fucking guest. Unless you're playing 100000000000000 stack Nasus, you can't. People are getting better at playing around towers, but nobody is just ignoring towers completely. "Everyone has a nuke bomb" I don't know what the fuck a nuke bomb is, I guess Zilean has one, but the current meta of high DPS is not really applicable. "Darius is garbage" He's really not (his all-important win rate is pretty much 50%), and even if he was, one champion being bad doesn't make the game broken. Ivern/Assassin/Leona buffs- All of these are for Worlds. Get your motherfucking "LC$" comments in (even though Riot makes fairly little money out of esports right now), but these are small changes for champions to get higher variety at Worlds. Larger changes come through in the preseason. I think this patch is the one Worlds will be played on, so expect larger changes after that. It doesn't matter though, because when preseason is announced it's gonna be the end of the fucking world anyway. Spellthief- This would actually be an example of power creep, if it was actually power-creeping the entire game. This is support power creep, which has been happening for years. Sightstone made supports not just ward-slaves. Support items made supports actually useful at what they do. Coin made supports actually able to afford items at a decent rate (at the loss of early combat stats). Supports having gold is a good thing, having to play a role that does jack shit all game and can never afford items feels bad.
> [{quoted}](name=TurquoiseYoshi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zIRRENGT,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-08-27T18:28:15.048+0000) > > Let's break down this utter fucking nonsense. > > "Everyone ignores towers" No they don't. I dare you to take a tower on your own, without minions. Please, be my fucking guest. Unless you're playing 100000000000000 stack Nasus, you can't. People are getting better at playing around towers, but nobody is just ignoring towers completely. > > "Everyone has a nuke bomb" I don't know what the fuck a nuke bomb is, I guess Zilean has one, but the current meta of high DPS is not really applicable. > > "Darius is garbage" He's really not (his all-important win rate is pretty much 50%), and even if he was, one champion being bad doesn't make the game broken. > > Ivern/Assassin/Leona buffs- All of these are for Worlds. Get your motherfucking "LC$" comments in (even though Riot makes fairly little money out of esports right now), but these are small changes for champions to get higher variety at Worlds. Larger changes come through in the preseason. I think this patch is the one Worlds will be played on, so expect larger changes after that. It doesn't matter though, because when preseason is announced it's gonna be the end of the fucking world anyway. > > Spellthief- This would actually be an example of power creep, if it was actually power-creeping the entire game. This is support power creep, which has been happening for years. Sightstone made supports not just ward-slaves. Support items made supports actually useful at what they do. Coin made supports actually able to afford items at a decent rate (at the loss of early combat stats). Supports having gold is a good thing, having to play a role that does jack shit all game and can never afford items feels bad. Agreed. This is a nice way to break down **In Context** the things that have been changed over the past couple years. It always takes the large portion of the community a while to catch up to the pro level which is where I believe the tower management has come from; easily mistaken for "ignoring towers" if you don't break down what's happening. As far as supports are concerned I've historically hated playing supports primarily because I always felt useless. The fact that they can actually do things now in comparison when they were ward slaves is refreshing. Ironically enough if you consider that the meta is focused around high damage which a part of that is protecting your ADC, it's no wonder why shield/heal abilities/champions are getting some spotlight right now. Of course those abilities are going to be more valuable when you're protecting yourself from burst or protecting your damage dealer. Anyhow just my 2 cents
: I am opposed to new champions being played in rank for first week of release. It's the equivalent of playing a champion/off-role that you never played before. Not only are you gambling your own LP, you are gambling your teammates' LP as well. I do wish people would play new champions in norms before playing in ranked. I might even go so far to say they should require people to have a certain mastery level with the champion before playing ranked but I know that is neither feasible nor an option. We simply would never see those champions for weeks otherwise. Maybe just make the champion unavailable in ranked until you play it in norms as your first game with it. That way you're not completely clueless how the champion works.
> [{quoted}](name=SkyeMoon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rA7pJb5o,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-13T21:02:28.080+0000) > > I am opposed to new champions being played in rank for first week of release. It's the equivalent of playing a champion/off-role that you never played before. Not only are you gambling your own LP, you are gambling your teammates' LP as well. I do wish people would play new champions in norms before playing in ranked. I might even go so far to say they should require people to have a certain mastery level with the champion before playing ranked but I know that is neither feasible nor an option. We simply would never see those champions for weeks otherwise. Maybe just make the champion unavailable in ranked until you play it in norms as your first game with it. That way you're not completely clueless how the champion works. Oh yeah absolutely. That was definitely part of the post, but to go with that having the new champion unable to be banned in normal draft for the first week or two allowing people to get that experience they need so they're not gambling LP away in those ranked games.
Rioter Comments
: If you hover Kayn in ranked today, I am going to ban him.
You know ironically he's been banned in every norm i've played. Even declared him and one of my teammates banned him. Can't exactly get practice on a champ to bring them into ranked when everyone has the same mentality in norm games. And don't try to tell me that bot games or custom are going to give the same experience has an actual game. I completely agree that new champs should be disabled in ranked for the first week, but to go along with that these champs should be un-banable in norms so people can actually get the practice required to go into a ranked game. Otherwise who wins?
Hibeki (NA)
: Normally I dont have a problem with auto fill but this is just too much
Great advice to restart the queue. Something I've noticed (don't know if it's just me or not) is that on those occasions where I am selected as my primary role or secondary role and experience a dodge, 2, 3, or 4 times eventually being auto-filled as support; that's the time that nobody dodges. Is it seriously to that point? I've had this happen to me enough times to seriously question how good this auto-fill feature is. I saw someone's argument that the old school players that used to have to call and fight for your role don't mind as you typically had to be prepared to play every role before you could ranked efficiently. I've been playing since that time and I still think that it's BS that the players who won't dodge often times are stuck doing the auto-fill role when they really did receive their selected roles 3-4 times before that.
: LeaverBuster system in the context of BugSplats
Honestly didn't realize that bug splats can be forced. Abuse of a system has often been an issue with punishment systems which lead to a blanket way to go about it instead of a more targeted system. I see that it's the easy way to go about it, but honestly just feels wrong when there is nothing you can do about these scenarios where someone who didn't actually do what the system is punishing for receives the negative experience.
Rioter Comments
AhmCha (NA)
: Goddamn, you guys weren't kidding, games really do "end" before 20 minutes
Been playing since S1 and I have to agree. There have always been phases in League where one thing or another is absurd, but it tends to be fixed relatively quickly. I believe that the reason for this previously was that there was just a lot less to take into account. There were less champions, new/game breaking mechanics, mobility creep, power creep, etc... Not to mention that with the addition of the most recent masteries champs are gaining a lot of free power just for putting in a few points. In my experience overall game time has been steadily declining over the seasons with variations here and there depending on what patch was out and what group of champs were "OP", but with the oppressive nature of the newer mechanics with the free power given through masteries it's definitely gone down to a point where if you lose in lane you hardly ever feel like you can come back and just /ff or lose around 20 minutes. Another point is towers now do not feel like they used to. Towers were something to fear that actually took a long time to take down unless you were playing one of a select few champs; now they go down with ease regardless of who you're playing. As a side note I do feel like this may have to do with ADCs being in such a bad spot right now. These early game power champions have the ability to swing the game in their favor before the ADC can ramp up, and even if they do because of how bad of a spot they are in right now it doesn't/wouldn't even matter. ADCs have notoriously been the late game power house that can bring a team back if you protect them, but take that out of the game and there isn't much you can do. I personally got tired of playing ADC and switched to jungle and it was refreshing to be able to make a difference in the game and get an easy win. Just my 2 cents.
: Gbay99 summed it up pretty well.
**Just my 2 cents:** Even though there are a multitude of factors that will contribute to a game win, the overall most important factor is damage. I realize that at first this sounds rather subjective, but when you take the time to think of the fundamentals of the game it makes sense. For example, even if all the CC and peel coming from a support player is what allowed you to get a kill on an enemy player, damage is what **literally** got the kill. Damage takes towers, inhibitors, jungle minions, minions themselves, and the nexus. It all comes down to damage. Personally with the support role this is what causes me to find it an unpleasant experience to play support. I may do all the right things that my role typically does (peel, CC, block skill shots, etc...), but if one of my other team members doesn't back me up and provide the **damage** then it was all for naught. I do realize that there are cases where people pick AP mage supports or something of the sort so it's not as relevant of an argument there (just recently had a game where a 2-6 lee sin support 100-0 me as a 7kill something adc); however, i'm speaking to the majority of games where people will be playing support classified champions and building the support oriented items (everyone has experienced AP sona's burst :P). I don't have an answer or solution due to the fact that fixing this particular point of contention for support players would require completely redesigning the support role, and I don't really see that happening. There is a reason why supports are meta for bot lane. They, when in coordination with an ADC, will often times beat out kill lanes or non-meta bot lanes. This doesn't change the fact that on their own supports often times do not have the one necessary tool for accomplishing most things in LoL, damage.
: I think Riot is going for the total number of player monthly dodges world record with the autofill feature.
> [{quoted}](name=NoobLearninGame,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GgdQYhfz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-02T18:44:06.474+0000) > > I think Riot is going for the total number of player monthly dodges world record with the autofill feature. Seriously. I've never experienced THIS many dodges before.
: I gotta say though, I really like the blue green color they used for the new jungle item.
> [{quoted}](name=Cyb3rpunk Panda,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FjJxsXr5,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-11-20T19:37:52.982+0000) > > I gotta say though, I really like the blue green color they used for the new jungle item. Heck yeah, the color is fantastic. Something different than your typical "base" colors; adds some appreciated flare to the colors.
: Playing a mage into Yasuo is really fun
Personally I enjoy playing brand into him. If you play patient with your skill shots as you don't have to worry about your other 2 abilities (W/E) you can typically harass him into kill range. Make sure to AA him first to avoid his passive nullifying your spell damage; other than that just try your best to avoid his tornadoes and ganks (but that's any matchup :P).
: > do not see any issue in striving for a game experience that lacks distasteful players The issue here is who of us gets to decide what is distasteful? Who's morality is used as the ruler by which we are all measured? Is it yours? Do you have the perfect moral guidelines and values? I have met people that find my clothing distasteful, and you would have me segregated from the general population in this case. I wear jeans, t-shirts and a hoodie in the fall...This person would rather i not be allowed to dress this way. So, is it his choice? Should i be locked out? >why does the Tribunal exist? It doesnt, it has been disbanded for quite some time and a robot is now screening for key words. > doesn't that defeat the purpose of having trials/prison sentences for people out in the real world and punishments Murder, and calling your mom fat and telling you to kill yourself are not on equal terms. You want people to be disallowed to play with toys they might be paying for simply because you find their behavior distasteful or your feelings were hurt. So when they are picking on you in a game where they can be muted and ignored, is the problem their behavior or your extreme sensitivity?
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=00210000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-16T15:10:23.461+0000) > > The issue here is who of us gets to decide what is distasteful? Who's morality is used as the ruler by which we are all measured? Is it yours? Do you have the perfect moral guidelines and values? I have met people that find my clothing distasteful, and you would have me segregated from the general population in this case. I wear jeans, t-shirts and a hoodie in the fall...This person would rather i not be allowed to dress this way. So, is it his choice? Should i be locked out? > > It doesnt, it has been disbanded for quite some time and a robot is now screening for key words. > > Murder, and calling your mom fat and telling you to kill yourself are not on equal terms. You want people to be disallowed to play with toys they might be paying for simply because you find their behavior distasteful or your feelings were hurt. So when they are picking on you in a game where they can be muted and ignored, is the problem their behavior or your extreme sensitivity? Who's morality? It's Riot's game and it goes by Riot's "morality". Riot has **clearly** expressed their stance on toxic behavior: it has no place in League other than to get out. If you're trying to express that just because one player views something as distasteful doesn't mean that everyone else does then i'm not sure where you were lead to believe that somehow any individual is the deciding factor. It's a unanimous opinion that toxic behavior doesn't belong in League, and on top of that even if there were those who don't mind it and who do not find it distasteful, Riot's stance is clear on the matter so any discussion of "who's to say what's distasteful and not" is fruitless. Just more of a personal curiosity, why take distasteful behavior and try to make an example involving something that is much more opinion based like clothing. Does what clothing you wear actually affect people? No. Can behavior/actions towards others? Yes. On your comment about the Tribunal, whether or not players themselves are punishing others the fact remains that a punishment system is in place and continues to doll out punishments still; I have been notified that my reports have helped punish various players by Riot. That being said my initial point remains: There are systems in place to help **control behavior** in the game via Riot. It exists whether or not you believe that you can not control peoples' behavior in or out of the game. I have never said that any type of crime is the same as another. The reason for me bringing up trials/prison sentences and the existence of Laws as well as the tribunal (or just punishment system) was to state that in and out of the game people are punished for their actions (behavior control) if their actions are seen as illegal or against the summoner's code of conduct (makeshift laws of League). You took what I said and spun it into something completely aside from the point that I was making. I have never made this about me. This is speaking about the game in general. I'm not quite sure why your ending statements tend to be personal remakes at me. Any type of personal emotion you **assume** is there looks to me like a way for someone who isn't making any valid argument against what I have to say, and instead is trying to say in a nutshell "just deal with it". If you actually have a valid point to the discussion instead of assuming absolutes as you so hypocritically accused me of doing, making remarks that target me on a personal level (growing up, being overly sensitive, etc.) i'd be happy to hear them; otherwise you just look like someone who can not carry on an intelligent discussion so you resort to methods that distract from the topic at hand, pulling the discussion into something it wasn't ever about. Whatever reason you have for continuously trying to break down the discussion into something more personal and honestly immature I have no idea. Do you have an issue with someone expressing that something to strive for is a better environment to enjoy the game? Or is it that you don't see any issues with the way it is now and regardless if you actually have any legitimate points or not, you want to try and tell those who do not hold the same opinion as you that they are perceiving the problem and to "just deal with it".
: Hey Legalisskull, Thanks for the report! We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=2TAjXmFU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-16T21:37:53.840+0000) > > Hey Legalisskull, > > Thanks for the report! We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Awesome! I know you guys always look for feedback on various issues so thought i'd try and help! :P
  Rioter Comments
: I played my first ranked season last season. I placed in Silver, yes. So I've never been in Bronze. However I climbed from Silver to Gold in that, my first, season. In under 65 games. With about a 60% win rate (59.4% IIRC). To say that I should have been placed in bronze because I was new to ranked is ridiculous. When I had practiced up a lot in normals before starting ranked (rather than rushing in) and routinely play with golds and plats in normals (and even the odd diamond). The fact that I climbed silver to gold alone should prove that I clearly never belonged in Bronze. If you really want something to prevent players starting in silver, maybe (MAYBE) make it based on how they've done in normals. E.g. if you've only just played to level 30 and don't have a good win rate / normal MMR is low you perhaps start pretty low in ranked unless you kill your placements. However if you've played 400 games of normal draft and your MMR is at gold level, I absolutely have to say you're dead wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=uez9oqay,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-11-13T22:30:38.427+0000) > > I played my first ranked season last season. > > I placed in Silver, yes. So I've never been in Bronze. > > However I climbed from Silver to Gold in that, my first, season. In under 65 games. With about a 60% win rate (59.4% IIRC). > > To say that I should have been placed in bronze because I was new to ranked is ridiculous. When I had practiced up a lot in normals before starting ranked (rather than rushing in) and routinely play with golds and plats in normals (and even the odd diamond). The fact that I climbed silver to gold alone should prove that I clearly never belonged in Bronze. > > If you really want something to prevent players starting in silver, maybe (MAYBE) make it based on how they've done in normals. E.g. if you've only just played to level 30 and don't have a good win rate / normal MMR is low you perhaps start pretty low in ranked unless you kill your placements. However if you've played 400 games of normal draft and your MMR is at gold level, I absolutely have to say you're dead wrong. I think this would be a great idea. I was in the same boat practicing my play in normals far before I ever stepped foot into ranked. With over a couple thousand victories in normals i'd have to say based on my approx. MMR I should have never been put into bronze (started ranked in S3). It's not as relevant to me now; however, as a concept for the system I think it'd be quite the improvement.
Leu07 (NA)
: The thing is, kog needs a good front line and peel, right now everyone is just testing adcs and AD in general, so noone is really interested in creating a teamcomp that will benefit a kog'maw. Not when you have 2 adc bots and 1 adc in top and there's a yi that will just explode the kog in 2 sec.
> [{quoted}](name=Leu07,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1d15WhKf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-11-13T21:02:18.900+0000) > > The thing is, kog needs a good front line and peel, right now everyone is just testing adcs and AD in general, so noone is really interesting in creating a teamcomp that will benefit a kog'maw. Not when you have 2 adc bots and 1 adc in top and there's a yi that will just explode the kog in 2 sec. You nailed it. Scaling time and average game time definitely come into play, but Kog has **always** been an ADC that relies on teamwork (peel, comps built around him) more so than his counterparts.
Neidox (NA)
: The AP item changes have thrown me way off in game
Just got out of a rumble game where the exact same thing happened to me. I wanted to finish off my hourglass but the price increase meant I couldn't get it which caused a good play that could have been a double kill into a death and the loss of a tower+inhib. I know drastic changes are kinda the whole theme of pre-season, but it always amazes me how one thing tends to be buffed while another simultaneously nerfed causing the gap in power to grow much more substantially instead of just doing 1.
: >have to choose to not do something they want to do when they want to do it simply because other players could or could not ruin the experience for them It is incredibly naive to think that one should simply just be allowed to do the thing he wants to do and no one should be able to sour it for him. You can not in any way control other peoples behavior in life outside of video games, why on earth would that change once inside? >Why should anyone have to? Same answer. People shouldnt have to worry about being pick pocketed in the subway, but they are and rightly so. It is perfectly ok to be outraged at this aspect of humanity and want to do something to change it, but the reality is the only way to keep them out, is to lock them out. More locks means less players. Less players means less money. Less money means no league. If you want a private experience, that opportunity has been layed out for you as we discussed previously. But if you are going to go out in public, you have to be prepared for people to behave in a manor that you dont like. Growing up is hard, but you will have to eventually.
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=002100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-12T14:20:46.318+0000) > > It is incredibly naive to think that one should simply just be allowed to do the thing he wants to do and no one should be able to sour it for him. You can not in any way control other peoples behavior in life outside of video games, why on earth would that change once inside? > > Same answer. People shouldnt have to worry about being pick pocketed in the subway, but they are and rightly so. It is perfectly ok to be outraged at this aspect of humanity and want to do something to change it, but the reality is the only way to keep them out, is to lock them out. More locks means less players. Less players means less money. Less money means no league. If you want a private experience, that opportunity has been layed out for you as we discussed previously. But if you are going to go out in public, you have to be prepared for people to behave in a manor that you dont like. Growing up is hard, but you will have to eventually. Naive to think that? I'm not so sure. Unrealistic? Probably. I do not see any issue in striving for a game experience that lacks distasteful players. Seems like a pretty good goal to me. When you say "You cannot in any way control others' behavior in life outside of video games, why on Earth would that change once inside?" I would assume you are meaning the individual person cannot do it because there are systems set up to do this very thing in life and in League. The basic function of laws in our society is to control peoples' behavior. I mean seriously if you get down to it the basic function of a law is to control behavior so that it does not get out of hand and affect other's experience in life. It's illegal to drink and drive so most of us don't do it. Are some people still going to do what they want anyway? Yes, and there are punishments set up for those actions by the law to do the very thing that you said is impossible to do: **control their behavior**. Applying this concept to League if it is so impossible to control peoples' behavior why does the Tribunal exist? You see the posts about it. "Certain % of players correct their behavior once punished by the tribunal". That sounds like it's attempting to control peoples' behavior to me, and in a lot of cases succeeding. Is it going to be perfect? No, but there are systems in place to help control behavior, it's the very basic purpose of a **rule**. I also have to concur with you on that growing up is hard. Yes, it is hard, but growing up does not imply you simply accept these "aspects of humanity" as something concrete. "the only way to keep them out, is to lock them out.", doesn't that defeat the purpose of having trials/prison sentences for people out in the real world and punishments (day bans, lack of rewards, chat bans) in League? If it's so impossible then the existence of these things have absolutely no value. Who would be the one **assuming absolutes** now?
: Of course it holds ground. >My point was focused around the fact that as someone who plays league quite frequently, queing with friends for all the games isn't going to be a possibility. We are talking about possibilities, a subject to which you introduced. Sadly, you assume absolutes that are not present due to there being other options that one can select. I am not saying dont play ranked, im saying that you have the option to simply be patient and only play ranked when you have the greatest chance of winning with your pre arranged party. I am not avoiding any issues, i have addressed them as you bring them up. If there is one that i missed please bring it to my attention so we can discuss those as well.
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=0021000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-10T19:55:39.857+0000) > > Of course it holds ground. > > We are talking about possibilities, a subject to which you introduced. Sadly, you assume absolutes that are not present due to there being other options that one can select. I am not saying dont play ranked, im saying that you have the option to simply be patient and only play ranked when you have the greatest chance of winning with your pre arranged party. I am not avoiding any issues, i have addressed them as you bring them up. If there is one that i missed please bring it to my attention so we can discuss those as well. "Sadly, you assume absolutes". I can see how you would interpret this from my previous statement; however, what I was trying to get at didn't involve assuming absolutes, but rather operated under **the** assumption that ranked is the game mode being played without a pre-arranged party. I worded it the way I did because your suggestion to only play ranked when you have a pre-arranged party doesn't account for the individuals who want to play ranked even when they do not have access to a pre- arranged party. You're correct that you have other options as suggested: wait until you can play with your pre-arranged party to avoid the numerous issues brought up throughout this thread. What I was getting at is that waiting to play ranked isn't a true fix to the issues. It's a way that players can circumvent the issues. What I was trying to highlight is that players shouldn't have to choose to **not** do something they want to do when they want to do it simply because other players could or could not ruin the experience for them. I fully grasp the concept that you can choose to do whatever you like in league (play bot games, normals, ranked, customs, etc..), but my point was referring to those players specifically that would fit the assumption: playing ranked without a full party because said player doesn't have access to a full party every time said player wants to play a League game. My question would then be: is it the player's fault for choosing to use the product how they like and experiencing the issues that stem from non-arranged parties? Why accept that "it's just the way things are". Sure, one can choose to avoid the issues through avenues that you have suggested, but my point is why? Why should anyone **have** to? Avoiding a problem doesn't solve anything.
: >someone who plays league quite frequently, queing with friends for all the games isn't going to be a possibility. It most certainly is a possibility as their are non ranked q's for you to play in while you wait for your group. Playing only ranked is a choice that is just as easily made to only play ranked with your group. You dont have to make the choice but it is available to you and thus "possible" >facing another team, but they could end up being more skilled than your teammates. This happens now, so i see nothing that has changed here. sometimes i get a bronze Q'd with his silver buddy on my team, and sometimes i get a silver Q'd with his high gold buddy on the other team, and sometimes bitches just be smurfing. either way unfair games occur on the regular, so that dynamic has not changed. >just wanted to be part of the conversation and bring up some points of my own. And we are currently engaged in discussing those points.
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=00210000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-10T18:24:58.698+0000) > > It most certainly is a possibility as their are non ranked q's for you to play in while you wait for your group. Playing only ranked is a choice that is just as easily made to only play ranked with your group. You dont have to make the choice but it is available to you and thus "possible" > > This happens now, so i see nothing that has changed here. sometimes i get a bronze Q'd with his silver buddy on my team, and sometimes i get a silver Q'd with his high gold buddy on the other team, and sometimes bitches just be smurfing. either way unfair games occur on the regular, so that dynamic has not changed. > > And we are currently engaged in discussing those points. This comment was much more conversation where the previous was more "This isn't changing anything why are you posting this thread" vibe wise. You're correct in that playing ranked is a choice, hell playing League is a choice so I don't know why we're getting into that. It's already assumed to be a choice to play so "you can choose to not play ranked" doesn't hold any ground. Want to avoid all these issues we've been discussing? Don't play ranked. That doesn't get anyone anywhere.
: It does remove the dice entirely WHEN you Q with friends, and as you pointed out a game feature is not going to change behavior and neither is this thread or any thread. If someone had a large enough issue with the troll/toxic players the only way to avoid them is to A) Dont play anymore B) Season 6, wait for your friends to be available. It is not unrealistic to suggest this, its stating a near fact, plain and simple. If you want to talk about the practicality of this practice and how it would reduce the number of games you played this upcoming season, we can have that conversation, but keep in mind even then the quantity may go down, but the quality should (if youre friends arent secretly the tilting toxic turds we are running from) increase by an equal amount....which should improve win rate and in the end make the climb easier and less stressful.
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=002100000000,timestamp=2015-11-09T21:20:37.617+0000) > > It does remove the dice entirely WHEN you Q with friends, and as you pointed out a game feature is not going to change behavior and neither is this thread or any thread. If someone had a large enough issue with the troll/toxic players the only way to avoid them is to A) Dont play anymore B) Season 6, wait for your friends to be available. It is not unrealistic to suggest this, its stating a near fact, plain and simple. If you want to talk about the practicality of this practice and how it would reduce the number of games you played this upcoming season, we can have that conversation, but keep in mind even then the quantity may go down, but the quality should (if youre friends arent secretly the tilting toxic turds we are running from) increase by an equal amount....which should improve win rate and in the end make the climb easier and less stressful. My point was focused around the fact that as someone who plays league quite frequently, queing with friends for all the games isn't going to be a possibility. Something else to consider is that if queing with many people pairs you with other large groups like that you're going to be facing another team, but they could end up being more skilled than your teammates. Something that come up a lot is that for climbing purposes solo que tends to be most effective because you have less of a chance of being paired with another duo que if you were to. I see many issues that will persist into season 6, but from the last comment you made it appears that you have a negative bias against this particular conversation topic or possibly just threads related to it. Threads are created to converse about topics, not be the solution to one as your comment expressed that it clearly wouldn't be. I didn't expect it to be, just wanted to be part of the conversation and bring up some points of my own.
: sooo....riot is fixing this in the next patch and you can Q with all your friends and remove the dice entirely. So my question is, are you really that pissy or just to lazy too read the article? Post this a month ago id be on board, but its already being addressed and completely nullified thus making your TLDR post a serious waste of your and our time.
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TFTsoZEr,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2015-11-09T15:08:26.910+0000) > > sooo....riot is fixing this in the next patch and you can Q with all your friends and remove the dice entirely. So my question is, are you really that pissy or just to lazy too read the article? Post this a month ago id be on board, but its already being addressed and completely nullified thus making your TLDR post a serious waste of your and our time. That's a very good point; que-ing with friends would resolve that issue, but that statement paired with "remove the dice entirely" assumes that you're going to be que-ing with your friends every time you want to play the game? I mean sure if you wanted to you could but lets be honest, how many people have the ability to que with their friends **every game** they want to play. People have lives, work, family, etc... Assuming that you're going to be playing every single game knowing your teammates is a bit unrealistic. People's behavior in this game isn't being fixed by a new feature in the game, it just allows individuals to circumvent the issue **IF** they que wih all their friends which as I stated before is simply unrealistic, especially for those who want to commit more time than their friends (not everyone's priorities match when it comes to League).
: League of Legends Ranked is turning into a game of chance.
I cannot agree with this post more. I've been recently trying to grind out some ranked games and more often than not I feel like i'm acting as "team mom" or "team behavior counselor". I mean it's borderline depressing that more often than not what will win you a game is making sure your team actually behaves as a team. This concept by itself supports the "role of the dice" mentality perfectly. Lets assume for the sake of the argument that the ranked system actually works as intended and places people approximately where they're supposed to be. So we can assume aside from smurfs/boosters people are around the level they should be and or climbing out of it. Nobody's skill is going to be tiers ahead of everyone else in the game so it becomes the team with the most cooperative, level headed teammates win. Why is working together towards a common interest so hard for people to do? Is it more appealing to rage, troll, flame, etc... than to win a game? It's hard for players as a whole to truly learn from their game experience to self improve when their games are littered with variables that don't correspond with actual game-play, but rather player behavior. Don't get me wrong, learning to work together with your teammates is a valuable skill, but when what type of players you have on your team (behavior/personality) tends to be the largest factor of winning the game, the Elo ranking system becomes inaccurate and skewed. Of course out-liars will exist, those who belong on top (Pro players, non-pro, top notch players such as Gosu); but for the people who aren't a large margin skill wise above their opponents it becomes impossible to climb without having luck on your side. I don't know what type of system could fix these issues, but I feel as though something needs to be done to help alleviate the pains of having negative players of multiple facets on your team. TL:DR - When it comes down to it, you do not control your teammates actions/behavior. Cross your fingers that you are paired with like-minded individuals to have a decent chance at winning.
: level 6 and I am appalled with the attitudes that I have been exposed to in League Riot PLEASE READ
The sad thing is examples like this happen all the time; most of us have just been playing for a lot longer dulling us to the inexcusable things said by many in the League community. "Just mute them" is such a band-aid fix to the larger problem at hand, but honestly aside from harsher punishments for verbal abuse and what-not there really isn't anything to be done about it.
Zarg (NA)
: To the salty summoners out there
To all the summoners out there that cause others to be salty via trolling/ not taking the game seriously: the game doesn't want you in it! -All the players who actually try and attempt to #TeamWork
SIayton (NA)
: As a Diamond, Silver elo is surprisingly hard.
Gotta say this is a relief. Recently been on a small losing streak (in gold though) and I always try to play very team oriented and stay positive. In these games there is just a lack of teamwork, communication, and/or teammates doing the feed/troll thing lol. Regardless it's good to hear that even for more accomplished players not having teamwork puts you at such a disadvantage that you cannot count on anyone but yourself.
: Yeah. Like, there are decent options for a strong team Top: Quas/Zion ( / Impact) Jungle: Rush Mid: Bjergsen ( / Incarnation, Fenix) ADC: Doublelift (Sneaky, WildTurtle / Piglet) Support: Aphromoo (Adrian, Smoothie) Coach: Hai (lol) Idk who'd be the main sub though, especially with all of the good ADCs. I moved Impact out for Quas or Zion 'cuz Rush and Bjerg already fill up the 2 foreign player spots. Everything after "/" is, for all intents and purposes, not a contender for sub (for the same reason as Impact). So shaving everything off, the most likely options are... Top: Quas (ZionSpartan Substitute) Jungle: Rush Mid: Bjergsen ADC: Doublelift Support: Aphromoo Coach: Hai (Pls Hai the dream) Whether or not this team is realistic is another story entirely, but yeah.
> [{quoted}](name=Axis the Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=bY4qQFks,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2015-11-01T22:28:40.628+0000) > > Yeah. Like, there are decent options for a strong team > > Top: Quas/Zion ( / Impact) > Jungle: Rush > Mid: Bjergsen ( / Incarnation, Fenix) > ADC: Doublelift (Sneaky, WildTurtle / Piglet) > Support: Aphromoo (Adrian, Smoothie) > Coach: Hai (lol) > > Idk who'd be the main sub though, especially with all of the good ADCs. I moved Impact out for Quas or Zion 'cuz Rush and Bjerg already fill up the 2 foreign player spots. Everything after "/" is, for all intents and purposes, not a contender for sub (for the same reason as Impact). So shaving everything off, the most likely options are... > > Top: Quas (ZionSpartan Substitute) > Jungle: Rush > Mid: Bjergsen > ADC: Doublelift > Support: Aphromoo > Coach: Hai (Pls Hai the dream) > > Whether or not this team is realistic is another story entirely, but yeah. That would be a pretty nice team. Agreed on the realistic part being up in the air. What I can say though is that Aphromoo and or Zion seem realistic as the dynamic of CLG has undoubtedly been changed completely. We know how close Aphro and D-lift were, not to mention how bad Zion wants to win worlds; if he doesn't see potential I wouldn't be surprised if he found a place for himself elsewhere. Regardless of how it all ends up playing out I will definitely be looking forward to next season.
chriserit (EUW)
: next year is gonna be fun (hopefully). both Fnatic and TSM look (repeat look) to be able to compete with Korean teams.
> [{quoted}](name=chriserit,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=bY4qQFks,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-11-01T10:42:19.358+0000) > > next year is gonna be fun (hopefully). both Fnatic and TSM look (repeat look) to be able to compete with Korean teams. Agreed. I really hope they come out strong and begin to show the true colors. IMPO the NA region has key players that together could make a team strong enough to compete on the world stage spread over many teams. Not to mention there seems to be a large gap between coaching quality for NA compared to other regions.
Kalarepa (NA)
: CLG just kicked their 2 best players (Pobelter, Doublelift). They also lost half of their fanbase with Doublelift. I wonder, what kind of amazing new players they found to make up for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Kalarepa,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=bY4qQFks,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2015-11-01T09:12:53.296+0000) > > CLG just kicked their 2 best players (Pobelter, Doublelift). They also lost half of their fanbase with Doublelift. I wonder, what kind of amazing new players they found to make up for it. Totally agree. I have been a fan of CLG since I started playing the game (S1) and I have continued to support them largely due to Doublelift; my favorite adc/NA player. With him getting KICKED from CLG after 4 years of support and consistent play (more or less) I can't help but to stop supporting CLG. I'll be following Doublelift and now that he's with Bjergsen hopefully they will slaughter the other NA teams :P. It's definitely going to be weird cheering TSM on when they face CLG as that's been the opposite for the past few years.
: > [{quoted}](name=Legalisskull,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-06T15:08:07.411+0000) > > I'd agree that the Riposte being able to parry basically anything is a bit much. That would also be an interesting place to hit her at to tone her down to a more balanced state. You really don't want to hit core fantasy points of a champion for the sake of a few win percents worth of balance. That's the worst possible choice since it damages the feel and satisfaction of playing a champion. Nerfing parry's ability to block as opposed to its mana cost, cooldown, or projectile would directly damage her identity. As someone who played old fiora for a long time and had to deal with a parry that only blocked basic attacks and infuriatingly still let in on hit cc like udyr stun through, I guarantee you that nerfing parry would leave a very very bitter taste in the mouth of fiora players. If you think to yourself that x champion is a little strong right now and your first thought of what would be a good place to nerf are things that make that champion have a unique fantasy and feel then you are doing it wrong 100%. Those type of things only get changed as a last case resort if they are super unhealthy. If singed is too strong, making him arbitrarily only able to flip champs who have less max hp than him (as a general 'tankiness indicator) is not the smart way to go because it adds unnecessary complexity and burden of knowledge on top of making singed more annoying to play as and against because it gives everyone another dumb thing to keep track of. Trynd's ult doesn't a list of things it won't save him from, neither does kayle's ult, neither do fizz and vlad and elise have a list of abilities they can't dodge (prexisting dot effects don't count). Part of the problem with old riposte, it's general weakness aside, was that there was a complex unintuitive list of what kind of auto attacks it did and did not block, as well as things it only partially blocked (the other problem was that allowed her to dive adcs with 0 fear since you can parry a full crit auto for free every few seconds). Just hit the stats if your concern is balance. Iconic, champion defining kit features are not the place to fuck around with casually. Incidentally, riot agrees.
> [{quoted}](name=The Sword Saint,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-06T15:26:41.449+0000) > > You really don't want to hit core fantasy points of a champion for the sake of a few win percents worth of balance. That's the worst possible choice since it damages the feel and satisfaction of playing a champion. Nerfing parry's ability to block as opposed to its mana cost, cooldown, or projectile would directly damage her identity. As someone who played old fiora for a long time and had to deal with a parry that only blocked basic attacks and infuriatingly still let in on hit cc like udyr stun through, I guarantee you that nerfing parry would leave a very very bitter taste in the mouth of fiora players. > > If you think to yourself that x champion is a little strong right now and your first thought of what would be a good place to nerf are things that make that champion have a unique fantasy and feel then you are doing it wrong 100%. Those type of things only get changed as a last case resort if they are super unhealthy. If singed is too strong, making him arbitrarily only able to flip champs who have less max hp than him (as a general 'tankiness indicator) is not the smart way to go because it adds unnecessary complexity and burden of knowledge on top of making singed more annoying to play as and against because it gives everyone another dumb thing to keep track of. Trynd's ult doesn't a list of things it won't save him from, neither does kayle's ult, neither do fizz and vlad and elise have a list of abilities they can't dodge (prexisting dot effects don't count). Part of the problem with old riposte, it's general weakness aside, was that there was a complex unintuitive list of what kind of auto attacks it did and did not block, as well as things it only partially blocked (the other problem was that allowed her to dive adcs with 0 fear since you can parry a full crit auto for free every few seconds). > > Just hit the stats if your concern is balance. Iconic, champion defining kit features are not the place to fuck around with casually. > > Incidentally, riot agrees. You make a very good point and I agree. I can tell how you interpreted my statement due to the way it was worded. I was pointing out that her riposte from pre rework to now has given her a large chunk of power. It was very weak before and now it's quite the impressive ability. When I was saying that it would be an interesting place to hit her power wise I didn't mean to cause it not to parry everything or to go out of existence. I was more saying to up it's CD, increase mana cost, adjust it where it can only parry abilities that are coming from the direction she aims the ability, etc. Something that hits the ability but of course keeps something that so heavily supports her character identity.
: > [{quoted}](name=Legalisskull,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-09-05T15:51:49.471+0000) > > I didn't want to come off as one of those "OMG NEW CHAMP OP WTF" people so I worded my opinion as such. She is in a state that I believe to be OP. Something needs to change. I personally think that her having true damage is completely unnecessary. Why a slew of champions suddenly begin to receive true damage abilities is beyond me (Not that many champions received it; however, when true damage isn't that abundant in the game and you suddenly give it to more than one champion in rapid succession is feels as if it's much more than what it really is. > > True damage makes any champion more difficult to balance. Fiora is an excellent example of that right now. I wasn't even talking about her true damage, I was talking about Riposte lol. It's overtuned to hell right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Poundman,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-09-05T17:20:59.889+0000) > > I wasn't even talking about her true damage, I was talking about Riposte lol. It's overtuned to hell right now. I'd agree that the Riposte being able to parry basically anything is a bit much. That would also be an interesting place to hit her at to tone her down to a more balanced state.
: She's not going to lose the true damage. It's a core part of new new design, just get over it and accept it. They already have a nerf on pbe that they feel is appropriate, and it's very minor. She's not as overbearing as you seem to think.
> [{quoted}](name=The Sword Saint,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-09-05T16:50:54.162+0000) > > She's not going to lose the true damage. It's a core part of new new design, just get over it and accept it. They already have a nerf on pbe that they feel is appropriate, and it's very minor. She's not as overbearing as you seem to think. This is why I worded my initial post the way I did. I didn't want to come off as if she is just unstoppable and cannot be dealt with; that's not my opinion. I was just saying that she appears to be over tuned at the moment and where I thought a good place to hit her at to balance her back out was her true damage. I do appreciate the feedback but the intention of the post wasn't a complaint thread on Fiora and how she is the new cancer of league. I was asking others on their opinion of the champion in her current state creating discussion about what could be done to keep her viable and strong without feeling as if she's too strong.
: A bit on the strong side? She is fucking cancer right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Poundman,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-05T03:48:02.703+0000) > > A bit on the strong side? She is fucking cancer right now. I didn't want to come off as one of those "OMG NEW CHAMP OP WTF" people so I worded my opinion as such. She is in a state that I believe to be OP. Something needs to change. I personally think that her having true damage is completely unnecessary. Why a slew of champions suddenly begin to receive true damage abilities is beyond me (Not that many champions received it; however, when true damage isn't that abundant in the game and you suddenly give it to more than one champion in rapid succession is feels as if it's much more than what it really is. True damage makes any champion more difficult to balance. Fiora is an excellent example of that right now.
: Yes, she's generally agreed to be overtuned
> [{quoted}](name=Heliostorm,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4QEJWnap,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-09-05T03:01:44.845+0000) > > Yes, she's generally agreed to be overtuned Alright awesome. I have heard a couple comments agreeing with that opinion; however, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the typical "OMG NEW CHAMP OP WTF" comments that happen almost anytime a champion is released or reworked.
Rioter Comments
: You must not have read the blog. Their rationale for no sandbox is beyond asinine.
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FoE2q4gn,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-08-06T01:54:54.353+0000) > > You must not have read the blog. Their rationale for no sandbox is beyond asinine. I did actually read the blog and where I may not agree with everything they said I.E. comments on sandbox, I was specifically addressing their effort put into promoting transparency and communicating with their community. Outrage or no, at least the conversation was started.
Rioter Comments
: 5.16 looks like literally one the dumbest patches in the history of the game (item change analysis).
There has been a pattern of inconsistent interaction with the community from Riot. Hopefully this will bring enough attention just as the Lee Sin mains did for his changes way back when. There was abundant disapproval of the changes and Riot actually listened, took it into consideration, and reevaluated their decision. Also I will agree that the logic of Buffing X and also nerfing X's counter simultaneously is always a bad idea. Hopefully the chain will eventually be broken.
Show more

Legalisskull

Level 71 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion