Falrein (EUW)
: I mean... Noxus came, and massacred them and their lands? Do remember that before that, everyone had a good life (well, barring Jhin the murderer and Syndra the emotional disaster), the Spirit of the land bringing them sustenance and everything they needed. It's not like there were people (apart from the Vastaya) who lived in absolute misery. They were living just fine until Noxus came and destroyed all this. It would make little sense for a whole group to join Noxus. As I said, they massacred the people and destroyed the land. Why would they join them willingly when it completely shattered their peaceful life? We have one account of Ionian joining Noxus and he didn't even do it willingly. If you want to talk about how Balance is a barrier that blinds people to their true potential, and needs to be shattered, you don't have to go to Noxus for that. Just use Syndra. Balance is what led her to where she is today, let her have a grudge against it, try to change it. Noxus isn't needed. It's been invading Ionia's lore (pun unintended) too much, and they really could use some storylines that don't involve Noxus. You don't need to go outside Ionia to find someone whose going against balance, imho.
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NEoMaP5t,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-18T06:55:02.650+0000) > before that, everyone had a good life. We don't actually know how true that is. We've only see the war from the perspective of the defenders or the aggressors, not the people in between. How do we know they were merely content cause they didn't know there was anything different, but come to find out there are other options, find they've been shoveled into the role they hate most?
: There definitely is converted/assimilated Ionians. Noxus only holds sway in a very small section of Ionia, but those who remain there are integrated citizens. I couldnt say if they're all 'willing' citizens but a portion of them will likely defend Noxian claimed land and more. Plus it's been stated in the past that Zed distrusts Vastaya because a few tribes had assisted in the Noxian's invasion. These tribes apparently hate human Ionians so much, they think Noxians would be better alternative... The whole narrative theme for Ionia is that the country is divided by their politics. Ironic considering the lack of any government tho. Everyone is mad at someone else for the state the country is in, so even pro-Noxians exist. Socially speaking Ionia has more nuance to it than just "Noxus bad" even if the invasion was the central catalyst for all of this.
Humans aren't always logical creatures. Some would join Noxus out of fear, and hope to avoid the carnage by being on the winning side. Some would probably just throw open their gates even without threat. This is shown to happen in war all the time, the moment there is even a hint that one side might lose, everyone rushes to take advantage of the situation. Either joining the other side, marshaling support to overcome the threat, starting a civilwar mid invasion to gain control themselves, ect.
Rioter Comments
Cräfty (EUW)
: New Pantheon: Riot, why the damage immunity on his new E?
I agree his E is going to be the "OMG OP" of the week when he comes out, but I don't think you need to mechanically change it to much, just change how it interacts with certain effects. DoT effects should ignore the E, especially ignite in particular. Certain AoE like Morgana's E or Xarath's W should also go through. Only mechanical nerf I think could be a appropriate is he moves backwards slower, so it's less of a free disengage spell if the target wants to commit still.
: > [{quoted}](name=AFK Yuumi Main,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Rn3qUAIH,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:34:27.933+0000) > > Not to be rude, but how come Rioters only respond to hypothetical questions like this but not the skin feedback / bug reports? Not rude at all to ask. Every Rioter has a different area of expertise or knowledge, and for example, I'm not on the teams involved on the game or cosmetics of League itself - it's not my specialist subject. It's up to every Rioter to decide how much to engage, and where they do so - but we are discouraged (and rightly so) for weighing in on subjects that we aren't on the team for, or cannot speak for them. It'd be _really bad_ if I went into a bug thread, threw around some uneducated opinions, and just made everyone much worse off.
Just out of curiosity, what are the credentials Riot (and other devs if it's comparable) for the/a world building team? Is it just art portfolio? Or do they look for something more "exotic?"
: > Master of clickbait titles here. It worked on me! I do love a good map thread! I could have shortened your efforts a little, as yes, the Runeterra map as shared with players has a somewhat rectilinear projection. This has [been mentioned](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/tMzgHYGE-is-the-planet-of-runeterra-flat-a?comment=0000) once or twice, but certainly not broadly stated, so understandable that you missed it. When I'm checking out the full globe map (sorry flat-Runeterrans) I use G-projector as my tool of choice, and yes - as shown, the Freljord and the northernmost coast of Ionia gets pretty stretched. I like how you fixed it on your version :D You did very well indeed and I admire your rigor and skills!
So there are other parts of the map that are "confirmed" so to say; even if we never see it/go there?
: nah, they alerdy fucked tft and their players beyond limits with the new patch.
WTF are you talking about? They fixed many of the problems people had for the most part.
CytheGuy (NA)
: RIOT GAMES, 1 gold =/= 1 item
WTF did you do to get only 1 gold? minimum I've ever gotten was 3, but I typically get 5, which is a solid amount of gold.
iainB85 (NA)
: Another example is the hyper ADC carry with the double range item sitting in the corner that assassins can't even jump to because they are completely blocked in and there's no board space to even touch them.
Well the reason they position like that is specifically to counter assassins. And sorry to burst your bubble, but until assassins get a nerf, I'll take all the counterplay the game provides. There is a reason why Assassin 6 is the best synergy in the game, with ranger/glacial being a FAR second.
PekiCodex (EUW)
: Facts about TFT that are 100% fact
When rerolling looking for a single copy to get your 3star, you will pass 9 copies of 2 other champions you could have rotated into, had you known you would have to reroll so much.
: my favorite thing is when people say the RNG isnt a probelm and i should get good, i platinumed all dark souls games and sekiro, they should get guud
Watch where you're swinging that E-Penis. People are walkin' here!
Anrita (NA)
: Item Shop
Cause being able to buy the best items every game removes the need to being able to adapt your strategy.
: gamemode that has random champ "drops" and item drops - well what do you expect with skill? ofc its heavily luck based.
Skill mitigates the need for luck.
Copic (NA)
: TFT requires no skill to win, prove me wrong.
Skill is your ability to manage the RNG. Saying the game requires no skill is like saying Bloodbowl requires no skill.
: Pykes stun is too broad.
Removing his starting mana, so it takes longer for him to get his first stun off, would greatly help too. Also help with his spear synergy, as it takes longer for him to activate it.
: Your game doesn't work the way you say it does
There are like 32 copies of 1 costs, or something crazy like that, specifically because at the start of the game, the pool is limited to the same group of champions. So everyone in the game should have solid odds to get silvers of pretty much any 1 cost they care to buy. While still having enough left over for someone looking for gold to get it. After that copies drop off rapidly, till you only have 4 or 5, 5 cost. Also RNG is by it's definition no worst or better, then any other RNG system. Is it likely that I'll burn through 100 gold looking for a single Draven I need for Synergy and not find him? No. Is it possible? Yes. Therefor, the dice just didn't go my way, that doesn't make it bad. There would be no point to an RNG system if the game weighted the dice to give you what you wanted, via direct influence of your actions.
: Does Rageblade stacks reset when you target a new champ in TFT?
Ty921 (NA)
: "To be up front about this, we think RNG is good for Teamfight Tactics in the long term. It prevents every game from feeling the same and makes high moments and stories when you happen to get everything you want. We’ve already seen player stories of that one game where they managed to get 3 Force of Natures! This is a good thing." Riot you play a game where you don't get a single item in the first 4 rounds when 3 others have gotten an item every round and the minimal (make it to where you at least get one item on minion waves would make it fairer). Also, stop making me fight the same person who happens to be at 100 hp still halfway through the match twice in a row.
Fighting the same person is bullshit not matter what the state is.
: No comment on the AI? I'm not playing another game until the AI is fixed. Watching the AI do the most stupid decisions every match makes my blood boil. I'm talking about units pathing, units standing still not attacking, units specifically assassins attacking tanks instead of the carries standing next to them, units casting and missing their spells 24/7 etc
That's not broken AI, they have set values and parameters. They don't engage in critical thinking. They have a set routine, and they follow it. Just like pieces on a (auto) CHESS board.
newbeÍ (EUW)
: Please add a DPSmeter
Tank meter too. Would like to know if my Tank is actually taking hits, or if he's always making it to the end, because everyone else it taking the damage.
: I don't think you've ever fought a Pyke with one spear, let alone two. Riddle me this: How do your assassins target another assassin? And, even if they could, how are they going to do anything when Pyke is constantly stunning your entire team? It's not Spear that they need to nerf, it's Pyke's stun distance, because that shit is insane.
Are you trying to imply, my good sir, across the map stuns are OP?
: There's actually a worse unit: Karthus himself. Or should I say "I'm gonna channel for 3s aaaaaaaand im stunned..." or "Let's try this agaaaaaand I'm ded." Plus, You can *easily* get Morde to rank 3, and you'd be hard pressed to find 3 Karthus in one game.
Sounds like you need a better formation then.
: Not even enough time to walk to the other side of the damn circle. And god forbid the next carousel you're last pick, giving you like 3 seconds to choose
Well if you're last pick you only have like 3 champions to choose from.
Rexaria (EUW)
: Broken OP Yoomus Ghostblade on Graves with 6 Assassin Build
He's actually better as a blademaster if you have Gunsling and Blademaster going at the same time.
Rioter Comments
: Damage is too high
Well the new problem you have is, what happens when you have the guy with 11 HP, with the obviously better comp taking on the second place with 76. Do you really want to go through 5 or 6 games when one player very obviously has the better team? By that point, you need to be in a position where you'll win, or the amount of retries isn't going to save you anyways.
: Sword of the divine
5 seconds = 25% So it's a pretty solid item for slower killing teams, rather then insta burst ones. Never build it though, because Phantom Dancer hard counters it, and is a solid item in itself.
: It's not RNG items, they're surprise stat checks.
We think the players find them fun and exciting.
: Na, cuz then you'd see the same 6 items played again and again. Everyone would be going for the op ones like Shojin and Runaan's, etc. Though a popup detailing item paths would be rather convenient. I often forget what builds into what so I've gotta look at the cheat sheet, or I have to just wing it and see what's what
They already do. They might not get the perfect stack every time. But People will leave components on the bench unless they can build an S tier item for an appropriate champion.
: Out of the 3 minions fights at the start it should give you 3items. And that could be random. SO like Round one you may get one, second round none, and 3rd 2 items.
Don't even care if there is minor variation, and someone got 4 items out of minion phase. So long as everyone gets 3 for sure.
: I did not know that the champion pool was limited
That's why you don't see a lot of 3 star dravens and Sols till hyper late game.
ItsPacman (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=leerroy,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=XhsAlntA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-28T14:59:08.738+0000) > I've had matches where I was sitting on 50 gold and rerolling 25 times didn't get me the champion I wanted, this just felt unfair. It would be nice to have the option to pay a potentially high fee (25 for 2 star, 50 for 3 star?) to complete a champion if you are missing just one more. This just highlights the skill ceiling of the game, you need to look at what your opponents have as there is a pool of a certain number of champions. So if your good enough you figure out what people have hold of / invested in and you can choose to hold units so they cant complete (your problem) or you can sell them and start investing into something else. That being said i do agree about the number of items being RNG is wrong.
Well I can't exactly play around the fact someone else is stacking a ton of vaynes, I have to play around the fact I am being given a ton of vaynes, then have to painfully wait for the 9th to show up, because my whole comp is built around the fact I was getting a ton of vaynes, and now I'm suddenly getting a random hogpog of garbage that doesn't help me, and nothing consistent enough to morph my strategy.
Rioter Comments
RJay123 (NA)
: Unpopular Opinion: Good and Evil are not relative @Riot
They are relative to the individual's opinion. Today we adore concepts like Slavery, or Monarchy; but way back then not being for those things meant you were the crazy radical anarchist. The idea that "good" and "evil" are set in stone, and have always been that way implies there has never been a good person in the whole of history up until the modern day; which following that logic means that another 2000 years in the future people will look back and condemn us as horrid people lacking in moral principles. But none of us consider ourselves to be evil, cause we were raised with our own cultural moral compass, and like everything else in the world, things change.
Mafros (NA)
: I'd argue that Riot is failling at making their character morally gray pretty hard too. Demacia was supposed to move to a grayer spot with good and bad sides, but they've hit the "Mages are oppressed!" key so freaking often that it's starting to read like some poorly planned metaphor for Nazi Germany. The Angels were supposed to have opposite ideals presented in a completely balanced binary way. Now every single reasonable human being who reads their bios necessarily thinks "Yeah, Kayle's a crazy bitch".
"Light needs darkness to contrast it, otherwise the light will become the darkness." Nazi Demacia is exactly what they were going for. An actual critic would be they use that trope though a lot. The riven skin runs on that theme, as does the god king Garen, Demacia itself, and now Kayle. All of them follow the when good people go to far to enforce good.
tad (NA)
: How do you deal with it?
When I was younger I had anger problems, because I didn't know how to properly handle my emotions. Now though I know that getting worked up over. I just go full asshole and consider the toxic players beneath me, and the as a mighty lion the woes of the pathetic sheep don't mean anything to me. Also focusing on playing well, will mean that your teammates that recognize you aren't "useless trash," will stand by you when the ADC decides to flame you again for not peeling when they flashed forward to initiate the fight.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arndt E Z,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=rVRo8GFE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-01T15:05:46.497+0000) > > Spaghetti Code + Lack of testing. why do we even have pbe then.
Internal testing < a day on PBE < An hour on live server.
DeusVult (NA)
: Riots spaghetti code really never lets me down tbh
The engine league runs on isn't even suited for the kind of game League is. Lee Sin's kit or Yasuo's windwall only works because spaghetti code. When Jayce transforms, the game views melee and ranged Jayce as two different champions; you just swap between them when you press R.
Nankyoku (EUNE)
: Everyone is instalocking Pyke
Pyke is intended to pray on weak laners and champions that just want to "get through" lane phase; like Janna or Soraka. So anyone that applies early pressure will counter him. I play Naut into him, and he can basically do nothing to me cause I'm tanky enough to absorb his damage, lock him down for my ADC, and can peel for them if they do ignore me.
: I was only able to watch the first 6 or so minutes of this but so far I completely agree with his opinion that Kai'Sa is a huge misrepresentation of her character trope. I constantly find myself not even remembering that this character exists mainly because this was what our promised Void character turned out to be, another human in a suit. She's not really original in both lore and design at all.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaVolca,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Gv8gBuB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-09T17:11:17.508+0000) > > I was only able to watch the first 6 or so minutes of this but so far I completely agree with his opinion that Kai&#x27;Sa is a huge misrepresentation of her character trope. I constantly find myself not even remembering that this character exists mainly because this was what our promised Void character turned out to be, another human in a suit. She&#x27;s not really original in both lore and design at all. He also discusses the comics and stories Riot puts out, so you should check him out further if you enjoy this video. Be warned though, he'll probably make you feel upset with Riot cause he'll open your eyes to how bad and poorly written the the new lore can be at times.
Rioter Comments
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T06:56:40.199+0000) > > there is a need to apologize because there is a disconnect between the visuals of kai`sai and her lore and riot admits that There's isn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tzoElzq,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-04-09T15:52:03.479+0000) > > There&#x27;s isn&#x27;t. Rather then explain the same thing 50 times that other people have already commented on, [I'll just link you a 26 minute video of a comic artist and professional character designer explain it instead.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_jhdXINFk)
Màv (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qZKjEQPf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-08T17:52:46.503+0000) > > Usually people also just like looking good. > Doesn&#x27;t matter if it&#x27;s for a purpose, people just feel better and more confident when they look good. This so much. It boggles my mind that some people just can't wrap their heads around this, there doesn't need to be a reason for looking good.
> [{quoted}](name=Màv,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qZKjEQPf,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-08T17:57:55.090+0000) > > This so much. It boggles my mind that some people just can&#x27;t wrap their heads around this, there doesn&#x27;t need to be a reason for looking good. Yes you don't need a reason to look good, but there are times where there is reason and cause to look bad. In the case of Kai'Sa for a girl that has supposedly been trapped in a dimension of predators where you need to fight for survival at almost every moment. She sure doesn't look like it's had any influence on her. She doesn't have any scars or battle wounds, or anything really that demonstrates her experience. You could easily just put her in a robe and say she's from Ionia and it would look right in place. A major feature of the Void is that it warps and changes people. Even Kassadin who has special armor designed specifically to protect him in the void, underwent some changes. Yet Kai'Sa shows no signs of having even been there. Her suit doesn't even look like it's a void creature, if it looked more alien, or moved like it was an actual living thing that bonded with her, that'd be fine. But as it is, it's just a body suit meant to show off her female form, and make her silhouette reflect her frailty as an ADC in game. The argument isn't that every character needs to look bad, or you can't have attractive characters that don't employ that attractiveness in their lore/gameplay, but you do need to recognized when a character does need to look ugly. See old Swain or Urgot for ugly done right. Old Swain doesn't look to bad, I'm sure there are lots of girls and guys that'd love for him to "command" them, but he still has that off putting feel, like there is something wrong with him, and you should be careful while in his company. You can have a character be physically attractive, but still ugly.
: > [{quoted}](name=1wolfpack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HXOfNR5I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-08T17:17:09.638+0000) > > Question - what does SWJ stand for? IT means you hate everything that made the western world have the standard of living it enjoys today.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HXOfNR5I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-08T17:18:38.474+0000) > > IT means you hate everything that made the western world have the standard of living it enjoys today. That's not at all what SJW's think, outside the radicalized ones, but we don't put the KKK as the representatives of conservative ideals for the same reason.
saltran (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lewd Ripe Trap,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AyMmeh9X,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-09T05:24:32.616+0000) > > I just wish he wasn&#x27;t so disgustingly reliant on crit. without crit jhin is not even a champion. You want him to abuse lethality items again?
I mean he still can/does. But lethality builds are reliant on enemy comp and how well you're snowballing.
: doesnt rageblade take a alot of autos to set up to be useful in quick succession. since he only has 4 autos. and rageblade needs 6. its situational.
Well in theory you're suppose to have rageblade stacked before you fight anyways on any champion. Problem with jhin is, you can just step away while he reloads and he'll likely lose his stacks.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: What do you guys think is the strongest role in the game?
Jungle and mid, since they are the ones with the highest roaming potential. If you have a good jungle or mid, they'll win every lane, not just theirs.
: miscalculates, gets caught out pressses r safe
Maybe to a pleb like you. You aren't playing 4th dimensional chess like he is, so you can't seem how deep his plans within plans goes.
Rioter Comments
Luralin (NA)
: Most people are just out for themselves I guess. The Mercy Mains are a pretty disgusting example of it.
I don't play Overwatch, but I can imagine that Mercy is ultra toxic despite being a healing support. When you play character's who's job it is to stack the odds in your team's favor and they still fuck everything up, it can make you want to scream. *TF2 ubercharge flash backs*
Show more

Leivve

Level 73 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion