: What did I say wrong?
How do you know that it's in an attempt to flame/blame??? That's my point...
: What did I say wrong?
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/PzY1ArN3-we-dont-ban-people-for-asking-for-reports
rujitra (NA)
: That's not how it works at all, and the line about how "heavily" reported you are is to show you that multiple other people have issue with your behavior. If you were to read the new player guide, the Summoner's Code, or the support articles about the system it would be extremely clear that report number is not a factor at all. You can know in your heart all you want, but your actions are what matters. Your intent is unimportant here - again, the "fire in a crowded theater" example. It doesn't matter what your intent was - the result was panic, and that's the problem. If you did not consider that before doing it, that is not anyone else's problem.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T03:02:54.293+0000) > > That's not how it works at all, and the line about how "heavily" reported you are is to show you that multiple other people have issue with your behavior. > > If you were to read the new player guide, the Summoner's Code, or the support articles about the system it would be extremely clear that report number is not a factor at all. > > You can know in your heart all you want, but your actions are what matters. Your intent is unimportant here - again, the "fire in a crowded theater" example. It doesn't matter what your intent was - the result was panic, and that's the problem. If you did not consider that before doing it, that is not anyone else's problem. Except that's how it works. If one person reports me, it wouldn't say that I'm heavily reported. Multiple of reports would get them banned instantly. Your example fire in a crowded theater is not good example. If actions are what matters, everyone would be banned for saying or doing things that people don't like. My intent has to be important. I understand that it's my fault for not reading summoner's code but this is very unreasonable. I did not repeatably/spam asking for reports. I count 2 or 3 as far as I remember. I was asking my team to acknowledge how toxic Xin is even though they are all flaming me. That's when I asked them to report. Then I asked enemy team to report because they witnessed my team harassing and abusing me. I can choose to mute them but I thought what I said is ok. Again, I honestly believe that intentions should matter.
rujitra (NA)
: Please show me where the ban system implies that. In fact, all Riot sites (support site, new player site, Summoner's Code) imply quite the opposite.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:56:08.450+0000) > > Please show me where the ban system implies that. In fact, all Riot sites (support site, new player site, Summoner's Code) imply quite the opposite. I didn't take screenshot but you know when you get banned, it says a thing about "you have heavily reported" or something. It's very obvious that ban system would ban you outright if multiple of people reports you. The ban system itself is automatic. But most importantly that it wasn't my intention to harass or abuse. Honestly, I know in my heart that I was in fact calm and trying to punish them. Ironically, this ban managed to make me sad and mad when my team didn't manage. That says something about Riot.
: What did I say wrong?
I understand but the thing is that the ban system implied that it takes heavy reports to get punishments. That's why I asked for reports... I honestly swear to god I was chilling that game. This ban literally happened few minutes ago right after the said game few minutes ago before the ban. It tilted me because it should be all about intentions. My intention is not to harass and abuse them. That should be what matters.
: What did I say wrong?
I'm not trying to be a jerk. I"m literally trying to help by asking for reports on them. Never have I actually know that it's considered as harassment and verbal abuse. I didn't spread negativity that game. I believe I did the opposite. Over 80% of players never get a single chat restriction. Probably because they actually never said anything. 98% of my games have quiet people, no pings. Nothing. It's not that hard but is it making my games enjoyable? No. I can't play games without worrying about whether I said will be negative or not based on Riot's low standards. I can mute all but how would that be helpful? It would be incredibly bored matches if I do. You claim that asking for reports are considered as harassment and verbal abuse. I'm telling you that I did not know that. I actually think that's ridiculous because that's not my intention anyways? Smh.
: What did I say wrong?
This literally explains why majority of games have quiet people. Everyone are afraid of saying a wrong thing. This is sad. I actually respect and understand what Riot is trying to do but they have low standards.
rujitra (NA)
: It is fair. You mean you do not think it is a **just** ban. Fairness means everyone is treated equally. You were subjected to the exact same report evaluation system that evaluates reports against all players - this is completely fair. You are free to hold the opinion that the rules are "unjust" - but that is a minority opinion, and Riot has evaluated the rules for the past 9 years based on the community's **majority** opinion that behavior like this is not acceptable.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:37:44.432+0000) > > It is fair. You mean you do not think it is a **just** ban. Fairness means everyone is treated equally. You were subjected to the exact same report evaluation system that evaluates reports against all players - this is completely fair. You are free to hold the opinion that the rules are "unjust" - but that is a minority opinion, and Riot has evaluated the rules for the past 9 years based on the community's **majority** opinion that behavior like this is not acceptable. Jesus Christ. It's still ridiculous considering the fact that I have to watch everything I plan to say and still be concerned whether Riot bans me or not. It's ridiculous. Have I never banned before in another games for asking for reports. I wish I knew about this. I will probably be banned again for something else. Riot will always come up with something else with low standards of what is considered as harassment and verbal abuse.
rujitra (NA)
: Because you agreed to the [Summoner's Code](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/) when you created your account. If you neglected to read this or comprehend it, that is not "unfair". Furthermore, you are not "defending" yourself - you are retaliating against people. Fighting fire with fire doesn't defend yourself against the fire - it just makes more fire. You are free to utilize the mute feature to defend yourself if others' chat is disturbing you.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=00000001000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:36:23.039+0000) > > Because you agreed to the [Summoner's Code](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/) when you created your account. If you neglected to read this or comprehend it, that is not "unfair". > > Furthermore, you are not "defending" yourself - you are retaliating against people. Fighting fire with fire doesn't defend yourself against the fire - it just makes more fire. You are free to utilize the mute feature to defend yourself if others' chat is disturbing you. That makes no sense because that basically mean I'm not allowed to say anything even when I want to defend myself. I honestly don't believe that asking for a report is considered as harassment and verbal abuse. Just how?
rujitra (NA)
: You do not have freedom of speech in a private environment. Freedom of speech means the government will not fine you or put you in jail for your speech. It does not mean private citizens or corporations have to put up with your speech. It further does not absolve you of responsibility for the consequences of your speech. And yes, it is considered harassment. The definition of harassment: >to create an **unpleasant** or **hostile situation** for especially by **uninvited and unwelcome verbal** or physical conduct. Other players are not inviting or welcoming you to use chat for your own personal enjoyment - chat is for strategy, as well as for lighthearted banter - calling for reports is neither of those. If you are confused about the expectations that have been set for you, I encourage you to review the [Summoner's Code](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/).
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:33:57.131+0000) > > You do not have freedom of speech in a private environment. Freedom of speech means the government will not fine you or put you in jail for your speech. It does not mean private citizens or corporations have to put up with your speech. It further does not absolve you of responsibility for the consequences of your speech. > > And yes, it is considered harassment. The definition of harassment: > > Other players are not inviting or welcoming you to use chat for your own personal enjoyment - chat is for strategy, as well as for lighthearted banter - calling for reports is neither of those. If you are confused about the expectations that have been set for you, I encourage you to review the [Summoner's Code](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/). I don't consider it as harassment. But I do believe that if I spam asking for reports are considered as harassment but I didn't spam. I honestly don't believe that it's a fair ban.
rujitra (NA)
: Players' accounts have independent account standing. Players are *rarely* punished for one game unless there is a history of bad behavior on that account. All players are subjected to the same rules and the same system that evaluates reports - there is literally no chance for it to be unfair when it evaluates all players based on the same algorithms/policies/rules/etc.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:30:37.466+0000) > > Players' accounts have independent account standing. Players are *rarely* punished for one game unless there is a history of bad behavior on that account. All players are subjected to the same rules and the same system that evaluates reports - there is literally no chance for it to be unfair when it evaluates all players based on the same algorithms/policies/rules/etc. In this situation, I feel it's incredibly unfair because I was defending myself and you are telling me that asking for reports are considered as harassment and verbal abuse? How the heck am I supposed to know that? WHAT?...
rujitra (NA)
: "It was just a joke" is not an excuse. Obviously someone didn't see it that way, or you wouldn't have been reported for it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:31:02.627+0000) > > "It was just a joke" is not an excuse. Obviously someone didn't see it that way, or you wouldn't have been reported for it. Context and intention is important though.
Srbonator (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Let Mè Eat Your,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:25:50.818+0000) > > I was trying to defend myself. My entire team accused me of trolling and stealing his role. I tried my best not to say anything negatively... It is just ridiculous. Yeah i know dude, i got banned when i got flamed argued a little and poof. Just instantly mute him.
> [{quoted}](name=Srbonator,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:28:36.754+0000) > > Yeah i know dude, i got banned when i got flamed argued a little and poof. Just instantly mute him. THATS SAD. I would have argued little in real life and get no punishment. Jesus Christ. I'm upset about this more than that team harassing and flaming me.
: What did I say wrong?
Also, really??? Merely asking for reports are considered as harassing and verbal abuse? How low standards do this community have??? Literally, you all are encouraging to limit my freedom of speech.
: What did I say wrong?
Be reasonable. You are missing the context. report xin for feeding was a joke if you see it in game play.
Srbonator (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:22:03.067+0000) > > Constant harassment and abuse of another player. Doesn't matter if "they started it" or if they "were worse" - harassing, berating, arguing with, or absuing other players in chat is not acceptable. It would be more fair that both of them got punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Srbonator,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:24:54.665+0000) > > It would be more fair that both of them got punished. I was trying to defend myself. My entire team accused me of trolling and stealing his role. I tried my best not to say anything negatively... It is just ridiculous.
rujitra (NA)
: Constant harassment and abuse of another player. Doesn't matter if "they started it" or if they "were worse" - harassing, berating, arguing with, or absuing other players in chat is not acceptable.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8d5yx3vv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:22:03.067+0000) > > Constant harassment and abuse of another player. Doesn't matter if "they started it" or if they "were worse" - harassing, berating, arguing with, or absuing other players in chat is not acceptable. i wasnt harassing them. wasnt abusing them. Really??? Arguing is not allowed? I was debating with another player. Honestly, this ban tilted me than it should be. Must I be quiet every game? God... If anything, this is hardly worth a ban...
Rioter Comments

Let Mè Eat Your

Level 33 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion