: Unsealed Spellbook is, however, one of the most powerful Keystones currently. At least from what I've heard.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zmqWQepL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T07:53:17.776+0000) > > Unsealed Spellbook is, however, one of the most powerful Keystones currently. > > At least from what I've heard. Why would it be stronger than before?
: Good. Now you have to actually judge whether or not you need to ult rather than just hanging on to it until the very last second and mashing it while under 7 types of hard CC. Honestly, effects like that should carry less of a benefit if used when low health than at higher health. Aatrox's ult is a perfect example of how it should work, imo - If you pop it right before you die you still revive, but with barely any health. Use it at the start of the fight and if you revive you regain much more health, but you risk it being wasted entirely. The only exception should be Kindred's ult or things like it, due to the large risks already associated with using it.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PHQ4A7nB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T07:44:22.942+0000) > > Good. Now you have to actually judge whether or not you need to ult rather than just hanging on to it until the very last second and mashing it while under 7 types of hard CC. > > Honestly, effects like that should carry less of a benefit if used when low health than at higher health. Aatrox's ult is a perfect example of how it should work, imo - If you pop it right before you die you still revive, but with barely any health. Use it at the start of the fight and if you revive you regain much more health, but you risk it being wasted entirely. > > The only exception should be Kindred's ult or things like it, due to the large risks already associated with using it. You could never ult. under CC and that's the opposite of having to "judge" anything. It's in fact exactly when using it at the last second that you must be careful in evaluating your HP. Randomizing damage at lower HP doesn't mean you have to be more skillful. It means you have to be luckier.
nuletic (NA)
: I really wish that leads were cemented into turrets. The game could be about territory and strategy, just like football. Playing against and around turrets should be much more meaningful. The lead should come FROM THE MAP not just from gold, items, autopushing minions etc. That's basically just "oh hey, I'm stronger than you and you're useless haHa xD. Come "outplay" me while several levels behind and down in gold!" It just leads to stomps. It should be about map control, map pressure, turrets and so on. Our team is ahead because we have 2 more turrets and it's not just the gold that matters, it's that the turrets themselves are HUGE objectives and difficult to take. The lead becomes external to raw stats and the game becomes richer adn more strategic... more about experience, more about understanding, more about knowledge. Shut down gold is artificial and randomizing and so are autopushing minions. They are unearned leads/comeback mechanics imo. Just make turrets much stronger and much more gold. That way, you won't need so many of these snowball and anti snowball mechanics to begin with. It will feel more earned. Right now, almost no objective feels that rewarding to take in terms of difficulty. Baron is still really easy to take. I'd add at least 2000 HP more to it. It's good that the damage was reduced though. Also, I think the ADC buffs on PBE might be a bit much combined with this. Twitch more or less switched to BoRK first anyway. Vayne is scary enough late and might also be gravitating towards BoRK first. The other changes seem OK. These 2 might be overbuffed if the snowballing is reduced though and the meta hasn't settled down enough to notice how strong or weak they are. I might be wrong on this though. My impression is that Twitch will become the strongest ADC in the game and the meta will revolve around pairing him with a great defensive ardent support. One that I don't see on PBE though is Corki. He got severely nerfed (both abilities and AD growth) and his build got hurt a lot too. His core build was TF-Sorcs-RFC-Shiv-IE. He's essentially down 600g and even his late game isn't performing well because he has no self-peel, no CC etc. in an assassin meta. Tanks are too weak overall and he doesn't get a frontline to allow him to be useful outside of when he has package.
the other disadvantage with rubberband mechanics like shut down gold is that it makes people play extremely safe since they're scared of throwing leads the focus is on "how can I not mess up" rather than "how can I make progress" putting the focus on turrets would reduce this
: Is riot planning on doing anything about this stupid boosting strategy???
I'm only scared of Yi-Taric. Karthus-Nunu has way more counterplay imo.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Monstrous Yi,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=YojVbzPu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-14T00:27:27.902+0000) > > What are the rageblade changes? It suppose to be in 8.13. Any update on Yi/Taric, Nunu/Karthus mid fiesta? Yi has been perma banned since then. Taric-Yi is not OK. It's basically skill - less auto win duo abuse. As a mid laner, all you can hope for is to get lucky and have side lanes just absolutely smash so the game is over before 20 min essentially. Nunu-Karthus has more counterplay but it's still pretty ridiculous. These duo Q abuse strats are out of hand and make me really wish for a true SQ. It's unfair that someone absuing the shit out of stuff like this can reach higher ranks than players with actual skill at the game. At least show an indicator for players who played solo only. I literally never duod this season and don't intend to because I think it distorts the ladder and hurts ranked integrity. It makes my performance less reflective of my skill.
: @Riot: Stop centering the game around LC$ unless you want your game to reach Starcraft 2's state
they already don't and balancing around good players is the only thing that makes sense otherwise it's not balance at all, it's compensation for a lack of balance anyway, sc2 is fine but it's also an old game and popularity ebbs and flows. it's much more intellectually demanding than league so you can't expect the same appeal.
: RIOT DOESN'T WANT YOU TOO CLIMB
your MMR is just low if you play really well 50 games or so, it'll probably be fixed this is why people smurf it sucks to feel stuck even if you belong there having easily malleable MMR is great and every game feels more important
TheShinx (NA)
: Why is Smurfing allowed at all in League of Legends?
Because people don't want to ruin their mains trying something new, trying new builds, etc. Also, many people think their mains are already ruined in MMR and they want a reset to demonstrate what they've learned. If you've for example played 50 games of Kench JG with a 42% winrate on your main, that account is totally ruined. Resetting the MMR for it to where it once was takes longer than creating a new account and your stats would probably be bad anyway. If I could just hard reset my MMR and delete ALL stats on the account but have it start match making at the ELO level I'm at (with the MMR being flexible again), I would never smurf. What happens is that if I play on my main, after a while, the MMR gets "stuck" somewhere which is where I belong at that time with the champs I am playing. However, even if I decide to focus much harder, play better champs, it'll take probably over 50 games to make my MMR good again. I make a smurf, every game feels REALLY important. It has a massive impact on MMR. The first 25 games really matter and I also don't have bad stats on the account for things I've learned I don't want to play anymore, builds I've given up on etc. Legitimately, give me a RESET option for the account and I'd NEVER smurf but all the stat sites would have to remove everything too. For example, let's say my MMR is g2 on my main. Let me hit the reset button, delete ALL stats on it for literally everything but mastery and make my MMR FRESH just like on a new account but start me at G2 level like I used to be. However, make every game really matter for MMR, again, as if I'm a new account in the 7th game of placements after 6 straight wins (which is prob G2 level players). I would have ZERO reason to smurf at that point. I'd have a clean slate and I'd also not be unfairly playing in Silver etc. since it would start me at my main's MMR. This is all I want and my only reason to smurf. A completely clean slate and fresh MMR to give the feeling that every game really matters and you're not stuck. When I smurf, I gain +30 and lose -11. I can be playing with Plat 1 after 25 games of intense focus. On my main, after 25 games of equal quality, I'd still have the shit stats from when I experimented and I'd also be probably just gaining +21 and losing -18 or something like that. Plus, it wouldn't raise the quality of my opponents all that much. Early on for a new account, if you're on a hot streak, you can play at a MUCH higher level very quickly. Gist: give me a way to get the MMR to be as malleable as a new account, starting from my main's rank (treat me as a new player for that) + let me delete every single stat tracked other than mastery and I'd never smurf assuming the cost wasn't as much as buying a fresh account. If it's for example $25, that's reasonable. Maybe limit this hard reset to only 3x per season. I've had new accounts that I tried some off meta shit which ended up in Silver 2 or so after 50 games of attempting that shit. These accounts are as good as worthless now and it's sad. If I ever want to play quality players, I'd have to play another 50+ games of my best champs and with high focus and for what? Most of them would be vs low ELO and would be stomps. The MMR takes forever to reset. Moreover, I'd still have those shit stats from the off meta stuff and I don't want that blight on an account I care about. I want to learn and progress and I want to feel that the stats and performance displayed are reflective of my ability or I'd want the stats hidden from view. If I played Talon JG for 30 games and fed my ass off for the first 20, I'd rather not have that displayed. I literally don't show my league account to anyone and no one even knows what it is but it still irks me to have garbage stats that if I were to fix, I'd have to play another 50+ games on each of those champs. I'd rather have a new account which would be more representative of what I learned. BTW: Someone who is Plat on some champs can legit be high Silver on champs which they don't play well or are really bad in the meta. If it can happen to me, It can happen to others. I am plat for half a dozen champs and the rest aren't to that level. Also, when you get a bad streak to end up in silver, you just don't care about the games as much. You're not as focused. You don't try as hard. You realize the players make ridiculous mistakes and don't listen to calls etc. that it feels wasted to really do your absolute best. On accounts that ended silver after 20 games or so, I basically just take it really chill and don't care about outcome anymore since they're already worthless to me. I'll go get something to drink and occassionally afk under turret till 1:30. I will experiment more and try new champs and so on. If I were playing vs Plats, I'd be super focused and leave base at 0:15 to protect our jg and get deep vision. I'd play mind games with my opponent a bit early to test reflexes and dodging patterns. I'd check their runes ahead of the game. I'd look at the others' runes. I'd evaluate the comp in champ select and dodge if someone's first timing/on a massive loss streak/off role and really bad etc. It's just a totally different environment and mind set. Silver games just feel so random and the MMR is so shit for me to fix that it's not worth playing to my max ability. Thus, I am no longer a plat player when I end up in Silver. I am performing at probably just a low gold level at best and worse if on stuff I haven't practiced. I'm not ruining games as a smurf because my playing ability isn't where it would be if I were on an account I was very serious about.
: Riot-endorsed trolling methods (as learned through discussions with admins)
[Need I say more?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/0JIhtyBM-the-trolls-have-won-and-are-immune-to-criticism-punish-the-victims-instead)
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9byVEc,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-27T17:25:02.756+0000) > > lol I can't believe you're getting downvoted for common sense advice. > > "But but the champ is fun!" > > NA is a disgrace. Ranked is not "for fun". People are offended by numbers these days. Ranked is not mandatory. and they should stick to normals. For my part. I mained Jhin for the start of the season, but since i cannot win I thought "What would the other people think about me?" thus I changed my strategy and champion as a whole. A win and loss is all that matters in the end. "fun" should not come as top priority. If you cannot win. you should not have fun. If you can have fun and win at the same time and it is effective by all means do it. If you can't get both and still persist to do it over 250 games. That is not determination, that is laziness to try to change.
> [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9byVEc,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-05-27T17:44:50.707+0000) > > People are offended by numbers these days. Ranked is not mandatory. and they should stick to normals. > > For my part. I mained Jhin for the start of the season, but since i cannot win I thought "What would the other people think about me?" thus I changed my strategy and champion as a whole. > A win and loss is all that matters in the end. "fun" should not come as top priority. If you cannot win. you should not have fun. If you can have fun and win at the same time and it is effective by all means do it. > > If you can't get both and still persist to do it over 250 games. That is not determination, that is laziness to try to change. people have different goals in ranked though. some just play it for improved matchmaking. if for example you really play jhin 250+ games with a 45% winrate and are hardstuck silver as a result, you're not ruining games. it's a large sample and you're just at your fair level of play when using jhin. so what's the problem? maybe they'd be g4 with a champ that fit their play better but as long as people don't ruin games, what's the issue?
Lęmon (NA)
: Thats not fair and it's discrimination. Holding someone back from enjoying a game just because you have to wait a couple minutes to play is not fair, I'm sure you don't have to wait 20 minutes every single time to play a game, queue usually takes 2-5 minutes if you don't have a timer. Just because you aren't broke and can afford good internet doesn't mean you can pick out all of the people who can't afford nice computers and internet and say "You can't play, because you have bad internet." I have a friend with HORRIBLE internet, and she is the best god damn support ever. She really is and sometimes she will lag but she has never left a game. Therefor not everyone with bad internet is finna leave your game.
> [{quoted}](name=hylianfaerie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1BO11qoI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-27T14:11:19.371+0000) > > Thats not fair and it's discrimination. Holding someone back from enjoying a game just because you have to wait a couple minutes to play is not fair, I'm sure you don't have to wait 20 minutes every single time to play a game, queue usually takes 2-5 minutes if you don't have a timer. Just because you aren't broke and can afford good internet doesn't mean you can pick out all of the people who can't afford nice computers and internet and say "You can't play, because you have bad internet." I have a friend with HORRIBLE internet, and she is the best god damn support ever. She really is and sometimes she will lag but she has never left a game. Therefor not everyone with bad internet is finna leave your game. the issue is in ranked games people ruining games with dcs and lag is not fair at all to the rest of their team. if you know that you have such an issue, you'd have to be a huge jerk to still play ranked. idc about the other modes
: Up Vote If You Think Mundo Is Entirely Broken
he's not broken unless ahead, like most champs or if you don't adapt all he can do is run at you and DPS, his only CC is a skinny cleaver and it's just a slow Mundo needs his high damage and tankiness to be relevant. He doesn't have a Malphite or Sej ult. to make himself useful he's a 50% winrate champ now and balanced just fine but hard to deal with if ahead or if you pick a shit comp with multiple assassins etc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9byVEc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-27T15:32:32.041+0000) > > If you wanna do that don't come to ranked. It is like the opposite mentality and purpose of playing this gamemode. You adapt and improve. I will do it in ranked since it's what I want to play. Sorry but I don't care about what people like you think
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9byVEc,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-27T16:06:20.660+0000) > > I will do it in ranked since it's what I want to play. Sorry but I don't care about what people like you think honestly, I don't see the problem by a large game sample, a player one tricking a champ they aren't great with will STILL be where they belong they're not climbing but they're also not ruining games. just play what you have fun with. you'll probably get better without even trying to eventually and most of this game isn't about mechanics. the bigger issue is if someone has a really great climb on other champs and then randomly plays champs they have no clue about or are really bad at. then, the system considers their MMR to still be quite high but in fact they are ruining games because they're playing way below it.
Rioter Comments
: Hey man, thanks for writing this out and sharing your thoughts. I don't think I was clear enough in my last post, my bad. Let me clarify further! When we design champions we focus on a primary role and sometimes secondary. We definitely want there to be a lot of cool and different viable ways to play champions, and a secondary role is really good at delivering this. That specific comment was responding to the idea that we would just design champions, and then release it to the wild and let players figure out where exactly that champion ends up, not that we want champions to be in a single specific role. If we can have champions in multiple roles, and to be relatively balanced in all of those roles, it's definitely a huge win for both us and the players. However, if it is very difficult to have them both balanced and if we had to make a call to support a single role balance wise, it'd basically always be the primary role. Specifically for Pyke, it'd potentially be difficult to have him balanced for other roles and support, and if that turns out to be the case, we will be focusing on him from the support role. In the example of Ekko Jungle and Mid viability, we definitely want to see a world where we can have two roles viable (reason why we buffed Ekko jungle a couple patches back). For the specific examples of Kog'maw and Tristana, I don't really have any insight into why we did those changes specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if it followed a similar logic of us feeling like it is not really possible supporting both playstyles. Back in the good ol' days I was definitely a AP Tristana player that rushed DFG, that shit was hype and I wish there was a world where we could bring it back in a healthier form and I bet we could do it with a lot a lot of work, but it's unfortunately not on our priorities list as of now. TL;DR Multiroles good for both us and players, but can sometimes be difficult and therefore forcing us to pick a specific role to balance for. If there is a way to have both roles viable and balanced, we for sure should strive for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Hjarta,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=teIymOoE,comment-id=00240000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T22:14:37.996+0000) > > Hey man, thanks for writing this out and sharing your thoughts. > > I don't think I was clear enough in my last post, my bad. Let me clarify further! > > When we design champions we focus on a primary role and sometimes secondary. We definitely want there to be a lot of cool and different viable ways to play champions, and a secondary role is really good at delivering this. That specific comment was responding to the idea that we would just design champions, and then release it to the wild and let players figure out where exactly that champion ends up, not that we want champions to be in a single specific role. > > If we can have champions in multiple roles, and to be relatively balanced in all of those roles, it's definitely a huge win for both us and the players. However, if it is very difficult to have them both balanced and if we had to make a call to support a single role balance wise, it'd basically always be the primary role. Specifically for Pyke, it'd potentially be difficult to have him balanced for other roles and support, and if that turns out to be the case, we will be focusing on him from the support role. In the example of Ekko Jungle and Mid viability, we definitely want to see a world where we can have two roles viable (reason why we buffed Ekko jungle a couple patches back). > > For the specific examples of Kog'maw and Tristana, I don't really have any insight into why we did those changes specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if it followed a similar logic of us feeling like it is not really possible supporting both playstyles. Back in the good ol' days I was definitely a AP Tristana player that rushed DFG, that shit was hype and I wish there was a world where we could bring it back in a healthier form and I bet we could do it with a lot a lot of work, but it's unfortunately not on our priorities list as of now. > > TL;DR Multiroles good for both us and players, but can sometimes be difficult and therefore forcing us to pick a specific role to balance for. If there is a way to have both roles viable and balanced, we for sure should strive for it. Sounds good, thanks for your explanation. We're on the same page. Supports are always tricky to balance for multiple roles since their design is geared around lower gold income and more utility but a solo lane breaks that. I know top mains certainly weren't fans of Lulu in their lane. ;) Anyway, I still think it would be great to have clarity on which champions have 2 officially supported roles. That way, I can feel very confident in playing them even if it's not their most popular position. I also think that jungle secondary is usually easier to balance for because you can make changes to the kit related to monsters and thus not affect lanes much. This doesn't mean players won't play a champ in other roles than the supported ones or that any meta is enforced. It would just mean that those roles will be taken care of equally and considered when changes are made to the game. If any other role was also viable at that time, there would be no guarantees for the future. It's alright if this is a short list. I just don't want to experience the AP Kog situation again on another off-role. I literally had 500+ ranked games over the seasons on that champion and basically never played him ADC. He's OK now and I understand if perhaps Riot wouldn't put him on that list but I don't want to be that dedicated to a champion's off-role without assurances. For me, it was as if my main champion was deleted from the game for almost a year.
: Sure, let me explain it a little bit more. When we start making a champion, we have explicit roles in mind where we would want the champion. This ensures that players of different roles can have something new and exciting to play once in a while. With your suggestion, can you imagine a world where we release 3 champions (We release champions with a few months cadence) that end up all being jungle. How would the rest of the player base feel like that we basically just released champions for jungle for almost an entire year? Additionally, when we make these kind of explicit role calls of what the champion should be created around, we can look at that role and understand opportunity spaces (basically things we don't have in that role in our game) and work around it. TL;DR is that it ensures all players get something cool and exciting with some semi-regular cadence and it allows us to create something new and exciting in the role. Sure, it has it's downsides and it'd be great to let players decide what is optimal or not and it can suck for players who want to play champions in other roles than designated, but I feel like the pros outweigh the cons here. I'm sorry that you feel this way though :(
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Hjarta,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=teIymOoE,comment-id=002400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T20:47:44.074+0000) > > Sure, let me explain it a little bit more. > > When we start making a champion, we have explicit roles in mind where we would want the champion. This ensures that players of different roles can have something new and exciting to play once in a while. With your suggestion, can you imagine a world where we release 3 champions (We release champions with a few months cadence) that end up all being jungle. How would the rest of the player base feel like that we basically just released champions for jungle for almost an entire year? Additionally, when we make these kind of explicit role calls of what the champion should be created around, we can look at that role and understand opportunity spaces (basically things we don't have in that role in our game) and work around it. TL;DR is that it ensures all players get something cool and exciting with some semi-regular cadence and it allows us to create something new and exciting in the role. > > Sure, it has it's downsides and it'd be great to let players decide what is optimal or not and it can suck for players who want to play champions in other roles than designated, but I feel like the pros outweigh the cons here. > > I'm sorry that you feel this way though :( I don't think I've ever heard a player complain "damn, the champion I like is supported in more than one role!". I understand that not every champion is suitable for multiple roles and I think Pyke fits into that category. You don't want a champion's identity to be artificially constrained by being forced to be good in several roles. However, if it seems doable without compromising the design and identity, it is only a good thing for the players. It's more work for you guys but it's so much more rewarding and enjoyable for the players. In fact, you guys even do this sometimes. Ekko being supported as both a jg and mid is an excellent example of this. However, it seems rather random and players on the off-role are often treated like second-class citizens. The off-role tends to be only barely viable and rarely actually good. It can also disappear in another season or rework. This is deeply frustrating for those players and I understand perfectly that not all off-roles can be supported to the same level as the primary role. It's unavoidable sometimes but not always! This is why players need support from Riot so they don't feel burned and alienated (as I did after Kog's first rework when I mained him AP for hundreds of games and over several seasons). If I have no expectations of an off-role being supported, I will not be angry if Riot considers it too difficult for the champ to function well for it/doesn't work with their vision. Still though, there should absolutely be a list of SUPPORTED off-roles that Riot will prioritize to the SAME LEVEL as the primary role. For example, let's say you are willing to support Zilean mid and Zilean support or Ekko jg and Ekko mid or whatever else. This goes on the list for long term support just like for software and it gets labelled an official support. It becomes something we can TRUST Riot to care about and so we feel comfortable buying skins, investing time in the champ etc. It doesn't have to be a long list but I'm sure you can do this for at least 2 dozen champs. For these, support 2 roles officially so we can trust that our effort is not wasted and so that we're not angry if an off-role for an unsupported champion is unfortunately unable to be kept. I played AP Tristana a bit but it was gimmicky as hell even if probably not OP. It was basically cheese and just a snowball 1-shot champ lacking a truly unique playstyle. I didn't expect it to be officially supported because it wasn't healthy gameplay and also didn't make that much sense with her kit as a whole. I wasn't surprised or angry when it stopped being viable. For AP Kog, with all magic damage abilities, AP ratios on everything, a unique playstyle and viability for several seasons, I was incredibly frustrated. Now, he's probably close to OK so that's good but you don't realize how damaging it is to a player's trust and enjoyment when this happens for champions they expect to be officially supported for the off-role too and at the same level not just a sort of placebo buff or tiny nudge like "hey, if you go this off-role, it'll still be bad but you'll be less of a troll." Please figure this out for some champions and allow us to trust you that those roles will be maintained. It will be a huge service to the community and a much larger number of players than you realize (who want to play those picks but don't just because they think they'll be ruined later -> general lack of enjoyment). Thanks!
: Update on Master Tier on new silver account
if you were masters at one point, it was probably many seasons ago when the game was very different/you stopped playing for a long time and players improved while you got worse I have no trouble crushing through those levels when tryharding even though I haven't even reached more than plat 5
Novalas (NA)
: I should've clarified. We were concerned that junglers would be bound into priming precision. We removed it because we found that it wasn't necessary to have on the item because junglers priming precision was less of a concern now that you can splash precision and still gain attack speed. Additionally, we compensated the item by giving it increased on-hit damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Novalas,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=teIymOoE,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T17:44:59.605+0000) > > I should've clarified. We were concerned that junglers would be bound into priming precision. > We removed it because we found that it wasn't necessary to have on the item because junglers priming precision was less of a concern now that you can splash precision and still gain attack speed. Additionally, we compensated the item by giving it increased on-hit damage. Do you know if Mao is getting an AS buff too? The Talisman changes are amazing for him and he feels viable at least while I played him in a normal. He autos camps a lot but but now he can actually clear without having to back constantly or taking blues from mid. Have you guys thought about him? I'm not sure what Mao's intended secondary role is. We have Ekko for mid and jg, Irelia for mid and top, Mao seems to be alright as support and as jg. I guess being a tree and all, jg makes more sense but do you guys have any plan on what roles you'd like him to succeed in? Anyway, I'm not much of a Maokai player but I love his model/voiceovers/theme and the versatile kit (peel & engage + decent tankiness and scaling... as well as some nice bush damage if you get the right fights). I'm going to keep testing him and hope I don't run into any Trundles. I think if he's not ranked viable already, he's definitely close. UPDATE: clear's still pretty slow and his early is abusable... getting punished in the last few games
wobaji (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=B3kWBlWr,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-11T15:52:53.734+0000) > **More solo carry potential work** > > We're continuing to work on changes that get a bit more solo carry potential back in the game. 8.10's got the bounty changes (solo gold, not team gold) and jungle changes (junglers not being able to level 3 gank as early). For 8.11 we're looking at shifting some tower gold, on both outer and inner towers, from team gold to solo gold, focus that increased power more on whoever's gained that advantage for their team. > > One important thing to note is that increased solo carry potential is going to result in more cases of single champions snowballing and deciding the game. We think we've pushed too far on teamplay, hence some movement back in the other direction. Does mean there'll be more cases of one person doing well, getting fed and dominating though. If your actions as a single player can carry the game, so can other people's. We think that’ll be good overall, but will come at some trade off. This is probably the worst aspect of the game right now. It's not fun feeling at the mercy of your team to win the game. That creates toxicity because people feel that they don't have agency to carry if they get 1-2 truly clueless players. Their performance is intricately tied to that of their teams and when there's a huge disparity, it creates enormous frustration. If you've got a troll or someone not really trying or playing in a selfish way (hello full AP Sona), it's even more demoralizing because it feels like you got trolled and despite being serious and doing your best - perhaps even playing near flawlessly, these players robbed you of the game. They have that power over you and in S4 it didn't feel like this was the case as much. I remember using hypercarries like AP Kog and being able to win 6-25 games if the enemy team was toying with us too long (hello Zeds spamming laugh in base for 5 minutes straight). It's also not fun to watch and makes people appreciate high ranked or pro players less. Even watching pros, it's often "oh, he gets the worse team so he loses" or "oh, his team is quite behind" so he's useless. No flashy plays, no outplay from a 5 year LCS veteran.. just waiting for the FF vote or trying hard but being ineffectual. On top of that, you've got this massive snowball meta where being behind is a death sentence (again making it really hard to win if you RNGd a worse team). It's not enough that the enemy team has way more gold/levels/dragons etc., they also get more pushing minions, nearly unstoppable Baron/Rift pushes and so on. Watching a tennis match with a lopsided score can still be exciting because each point exists in a vacuum. There have been comebacks from 2 sets down and match point. The better player that day wins but it doesn't feel like "because he won the first set" now his opponent has no chance. No, he won the first set because he was better but now if his opponent is better, he can just as easily lose the next set and the match. You're not artificially rewarded. League shouldn't be this extreme since you want players to be rewarded for good play/to be able to close out but the discrepancy created by Baron/Rift, the easily killed turrets, the pushing waves when behind etc. make comebacks few and far between even if the other team is playing like monkeys. It feels like getting ahead almost guarantees a win no matter how badly they play after that (as long as they don't get Baron stolen). They don't have to play well the entire game and this makes it a horrible match when it is a bit destabilized by one lane or something like that. It also makes luck far more important. A good player can only really exert his skill in the first 15-20 minutes because after that it just snowballs like crazy in either direction and the quality of decisions has little influence. In a tennis match or other sports, you have to play well the entire time to beat a player (no matter the score). You don't get to chill just because you're ahead. You can afford to lose more points but you're not handed free advantages in each individual point. Coming back even with a scaling comp. is not just an uphill battle but a near impossibility. Even competitive play shows this. It's just win early -> clean/efficient stomp, first securing baron vision + a pick if possible -> baron -> unavoidable game winning push. Comebacks shouldn't be artificial like how catch up XP made it a while back but they should ALWAYS be possible if the enemy team makes enough mistakes. Why would I want to watch or play a game where if my team is shit I'm useless and also stuck there another 10-15 minutes? If at least I feel there's a solid 10-20% chance to scale up, outplay etc. I'd have my head in the game more and people would rage/blame less too. Raging and blaming happens mostly because a player has mentally given up on winning the game. Right now, it's just terrible when behind. You can't even leave base or fight if you get the perfect engage. The base just crumples, the minions kill you during the fight etc. It's mentally draining and not fun. It also warps the meta for champions and strategies. S4 and S5 were both FAR more interesting to play and watch. I still remember the amazing CLG matches with split pressure. Now, competitive especially is like watching paint dry and that's coming from a devoted fan. I don't see the solo carries like in the past with SKT's Bang holding the base and acing the enemy team with 3 inhibs down almost by himself on Ezreal... amazing match and skill. I don't see the nail biters and the tension. I don't see the outplays (reducing JG gank options won't help this). I see one team stomp or one team get stomped. It's almost robotic. There were super tense matches I linked to my friends years back and I haven't for a single one this year. Even small leads snowball way too hard because you just can't do anything. Turrets are taken easily/dived, you're zoned from objectives, what do you even do? Every mechanism artificially makes the game unwinnable after a lead is created. That's the key word ARTIFICIALLY. It's not just their items and level advantage. You can try to play around that or scale. It's everything else. It's like if someone playing tennis and up a set then gets a "fun new mechanic" where his ball speed on hit is increased by 50%. Now, it's not just the opponent having to battle from behind a set. They are also having to play a really unfair match. This is how League games feel when behind. I think Baron and Rift probably just shouldn't exist in their current form. They make the game a lot worse. Even if you want minions to push/takedown structures, maybe don't make them do so much damage to champions too. Let the other team have a chance to at least fight and hold their ground rather than just autolose. There's just so much artificial help for the winning team and it makes the game much less fun on either side. Even removing base turrets completely but not having Baron/Rift or artificial super strong pushing would be so much better. Maybe at least give the enemy team some options to counteract it if you keep it the same? Perhaps something like shrines which can disable baron minions in a particular lane etc. Create ways to give the team from behind a chance to outplay. A fair chance that they need to earn not just "oh here's some free catchup XP and a lot of shutdown gold". Shutdown gold is maybe OK but it seems to overly punish you for being ahead and making a mistake. It's not an equivalent exchange. Your mistake becomes bigger than the enemy team's in the same situation even though I see no reason why this should be the case. It's another artificial mechanic. Your goal should be to make the game require fair but quality play at all points. No artificiality, just skill (with multiple dimensions required and less down time). When being ahead is all that matters, there isn't even much skill expression possible when significantly behind. It rewards getting a lucky lead rather than outplaying. This even makes matchmaking worse if a few players managed to RNG that 5-10 games in a row and are then placed way above their true skill. This reduced skill expression because of how critical it is to be ahead also makes it much more important to play meta junglers who are strong early/mid game. It all becomes so constrained. Being ahead needs to give advantages but nothing insurmountable and it shouldn't be this "oh, we get a free win now because we got baron/are ahead". The behind team should always have options to come back that if ignored/not managed properly will allow them to turn the tables. If your game seems like a foregone conclusion just off a rift or baron, there's something really wrong with it and it leads to the "I give up mentality" that's so prevalent. Players give up as a result of their experience and seeing that should be a huge red flag for Riot that the game is NOT fun when behind because the ahead team gets too many artificial advantages just by virtue of being ahead, not any real sustained outplay. The complaint will be that "how will games end then?" "won't people be really risk averse and just farm all game?" "won't teams outplaying for 20 minutes be overly punished for one mistake throwing it all away?" This is fair and that's why it has to be well designed so that there are important objectives for both sides and in both situations. I think fallen turrets providing some sort of shrine you can capture to offset baron/supers somewhat could be a way to deal with it. If the enemy team wants to keep pushing, they have to take over that area of control and fight for it. Right now the game is only fun in the 25% or so games that are balanced. The stomps are kind of fun but not really because they are just too easy to win. Getting stomped sucks and is draining, especially if you had no agency. 25% of games being fun is not good. I want this to be a high skill came that is worth mastering but artificially winning from an early lead isn't OK.
game's just way too meta dependent... it's less about growing and understanding it by being a better player rather than just abusing broken shit/strategies I don't feel like I'm better a lot of the time I win. I just pick a stronger champ while they pick a trash comp and then just can't do anything. say the enemy JG goes Lee and Pick Trundle. he has to win hard early or he's just useless if I just farm and he doesn't even win 1v1. He has a lot of mobility and playmaking but if we just group 5v5, it doesn't mean as much as Trundle pillar + dps + R. he can look cool playing Lee and then I just farm and show up for rift or dragon. we 5v5, we win. same with Elise and a ton of other junglers. they pick "cute" champs and I pick efficient champs. they basically win the games they'd win anyway and I win the close ones. they just diceroll the close games. "cute" champions like Ekko JG, Elise, Fiddle, etc. don't even have great late games so why are they taking all that risk? just snowball early and hope to have a 2-3k old lead by 10 minutes or useless. why would you ever pick them if you want to win? most ganks don't require a fancy cacoon or lee flash R, they just require a dumb laner overpushing with no wards/refusing to adapt to getting camped. it almost doesn't matter what you play there. you can even be a nunu and they'll still die. so who really cares that lee and ekko can go over walls or do other fancy shit? it doesn't mean anything in most teamfights and that's what makes or breaks the game. efficiency wins. flashy champs don't. it's mostly about about picks/comp/meta, not individual skill/general game knowledge. if I have a shit comp and players 110 MMR higher, my chance to win is actually still worse despite the better players.
Rioter Comments
SirPurrr (NA)
: Shaco Is Not Balanced
I think his late game is too good for how strong his early to mid game is.
: Stop Overbuffing and Overnerfing
WW was nerfed wrongly. They just needed to reduce W MS to please bad SQ players and instead they went for Q and base AD?!? WW 1.5% ban rate in KR but NA whining was too high. Not even in a single competitive game this season.
: Kassadin takes time to come online, that's sort of his whole weakness. People will take advantage of that to bust your chops all early game. You have to be good at playing as if you are behind until you can get some items and level 6 for your ultimate, or you have to be prepared to take a beating, because there's not really any other alternatives. You could try taking him top-lane, but I honestly have no idea if that would work well or not.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fnpk2fGM,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-07T19:44:51.848+0000) > > Kassadin takes time to come online, that's sort of his whole weakness. People will take advantage of that to bust your chops all early game. You have to be good at playing as if you are behind until you can get some items and level 6 for your ultimate, or you have to be prepared to take a beating, because there's not really any other alternatives. > > You could try taking him top-lane, but I honestly have no idea if that would work well or not. For me, the biggest issue with him is not his scaling window but his waveclear.
DW Diana (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LetYourSleepWane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rbfqALHb,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-04T17:28:44.760+0000) > > It's 2700 and Morello or Liandry's are only 300 more. > > I think they should lower the mana by 100 and have it stack 20 more AP. They also give far lower stands once it's stacked. It's meant to be an investment for mid/late game. Also neither of those items give sustain or mana like RoA, or as much HP and AP. Morello is crap (we get it for grievous wounds, which adcs get for 2200 gold cheaper?) and Liandry's makes up for it's lack of AP, Mana, HP and sustain with its passives for tank shred/increased overall damage. Roa is an awesome item, and would be built more if it had CDR. Sadly it doesn't and therefore isn't a priority over items like Rylais and Liandry's. I'd rather see it's cost increased by 300 gold and 10% CDR built on it. Then I could stop building Lucy boots or taking Transcendence!
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Loki1987,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rbfqALHb,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-04T17:41:40.432+0000) > > They also give far lower stands once it's stacked. It's meant to be an investment for mid/late game. Also neither of those items give sustain or mana like RoA, or as much HP and AP. Morello is crap (we get it for grievous wounds, which adcs get for 2200 gold cheaper?) and Liandry's makes up for it's lack of AP, Mana, HP and sustain with its passives for tank shred/increased overall damage. > > Roa is an awesome item, and would be built more if it had CDR. Sadly it doesn't and therefore isn't a priority over items like Rylais and Liandry's. I'd rather see it's cost increased by 300 gold and 10% CDR built on it. Then I could stop building Lucy boots or taking Transcendence! I don't think every item should have CDR. At that point, Transcendence would become a worthless rune except if you go over 40% and since that's so late in the game, no one would take it.
: That's why playing {{champion:136}} sucks these days. His kit is done so that he has the most exploitable weaknesses ever and his core build is composed by {{item:3027}} and {{item:3116}} which are now the worst items around.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rbfqALHb,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-05-04T18:35:52.199+0000) > > That's why playing {{champion:136}} sucks these days. > > His kit is done so that he has the most exploitable weaknesses ever and his core build is composed by {{item:3027}} and {{item:3116}} which are now the worst items around. Sol is in a great spot now and Rylai's just got buffed too. He currently averages nearly 55% winrate in Plat+ but it's a bit inflated by mains. Since he build Corrupting Potion to start, he's also benefited from the Doran's Ring nerfs. There are a lot of mids that might still need help. Ziggs for example still could benefit from a bit more AP on W. Gragas mid works but is a bit underwhelming. Corki seems rather weak ever since the massive AD/lvl nerf. Ryze and Azir are still performin awfully but perhaps they're fine if you're especially good on them.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Rod of Ages is actually the most cost efficient item in the game, when fully charged. I don't know what you are talking about. When you purchase it, you get 93% of your gold's value and you get a bunch of stats that are very important; HP, Mana and AP. AP buffs the damage you deal, HP buffs your survivability and Mana increases the amount of spells you cast + give you more AP if you build Seraph's (which you do most of the time). When fully charged, the item is 150% efficient. Its stats are actually worth 4k gold and that's not counting its passive that's also very strong.
> [{quoted}](name=Snowman Arc,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rbfqALHb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-04T18:18:37.866+0000) > > Rod of Ages is actually the most cost efficient item in the game, when fully charged. I don't know what you are talking about. When you purchase it, you get 93% of your gold's value and you get a bunch of stats that are very important; HP, Mana and AP. AP buffs the damage you deal, HP buffs your survivability and Mana increases the amount of spells you cast + give you more AP if you build Seraph's (which you do most of the time). > When fully charged, the item is 150% efficient. Its stats are actually worth 4k gold and that's not counting its passive that's also very strong. Gold efficiency is very misleading. There are many strong aspect of items like GLP, Morello, Liandry's that just don't factor easily into such a calculation. Gold efficiency is only relevant when comparing items without meaningful actives or passives.
DW Diana (NA)
: its 2600 for a very good scaling item. sadly when rylais, liandry's and morrello's are needed in most mage builds (because adc's have yet to realize 800 gold is less than 3000 gold) getting ROA is no longer viable. It used to be you could buy it to scale into mid game, but now there is no time for scaling, it's win fast or your team will throw.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Loki1987,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rbfqALHb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-04T16:54:31.070+0000) > > its 2600 for a very good scaling item. sadly when rylais, liandry's and morrello's are needed in most mage builds (because adc's have yet to realize 800 gold is less than 3000 gold) getting ROA is no longer viable. It used to be you could buy it to scale into mid game, but now there is no time for scaling, it's win fast or your team will throw. It's 2700 and Morello or Liandry's are only 300-400 more. I think they should lower the mana by 100 and have it stack 20 more AP or they could add the stacking AP and just make it 2800 like GLP.
wobaji (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LEAFERA,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BYhgozoo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-28T22:22:00.321+0000) > > Honestly, this will help FH to be viable In any situation > but, do you really want that? > {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} Why wouldn't it be good for it to be viable? I'd still argue it's not going to be best for any situation though. It's pricier and you're spending quite a bit of gold on mana. While this would make it less bad on manaless champs, it's certainly not going to make it attractive over Randuin's vs a crit. ADC.
> [{quoted}](name=wobaji,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BYhgozoo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-28T22:26:29.789+0000) > > Why wouldn't it be good for it to be viable? I'd still argue it's not going to be best for any situation though. It's pricier and you're spending quite a bit of gold on mana. While this would make it less bad on manaless champs, it's certainly not going to make it attractive over Randuin's vs a crit. ADC. Not to mention that it's still far more vulnerable to magic damage than Randuin's and has less synergy with % HP like the Cinderhulk passive or Titanic. FH fits best as a 2nd item because the CDR and mana are stats you want early but going it first is too awful for laning and won't help with waveclear or dueling (compared to Bami's, Ninja, Sunfire, etc.). However, as it is now, it's not even an attractive 2nd item and I think part of it is just the slot inefficiency, and hyper focus on pure armor (no crit. reduction, no HP, no MS etc.). The other armor items provide more mixed protection and the components are better for laning too. You certainly don't want to be buying mana crystals while laning but a ruby crystal is acceptable.
Ranmaru (NA)
: Anyone else feel this?
If you pick off-meta, you should do so in their proper niches. Annie for example might be decent into Soraka. You have to think and sometimes you can even outperform the meta.
: {{champion:19}} really need some SERIOUS nerfs, even a guy with out brain can use {{champion:19}} to beat {{champion:203}} easily, that was extremely frustrating. My {{champion:203}} NEVER beat {{champion:19}} successfullly, NEVER!!!!
> [{quoted}](name=DS0ivi0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWkmtGLn,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T11:51:40.194+0000) > > {{champion:19}} really need some SERIOUS nerfs, even a guy with out brain can use {{champion:19}} to beat {{champion:203}} easily, that was extremely frustrating. My {{champion:203}} NEVER beat {{champion:19}} successfullly, NEVER!!!! A good Kindred actually does beat WW if she kites properly early and has Red buff. I've seen it executed many times on streams from Masters players. Also, I don't know why you think Kindred should beat an early game jungler when she outscales so hard.
: I agree. No matter how hard i try i get matched up with people with very low wr in promos or when i am in the 90 lp ranges. I still have a 56% wr but i cannot climb. I had a 59% wr about 20 games ago.
> [{quoted}](name=webstar1995,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aNiezHur,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-10T18:29:45.951+0000) > > I agree. No matter how hard i try i get matched up with people with very low wr in promos or when i am in the 90 lp ranges. I still have a 56% wr but i cannot climb. I had a 59% wr about 20 games ago. This is because the system thinks you're better and thus the teams are balanced out even if your teammates are weaker.
Revali (NA)
: What're your runes? The best runes for Ekko jg IMO is Darkharvest/Electrocute Sudden Impact Zombie Ward Ravenous hunter Resolve Revitalize Chrysallis With these runes with talisman refillable you can clear quite easily and be at a healthy enough hp for a lvl 3 gank provided you start the camp that botlane leashes. His buildpath is equally okay with a tankier or more damaging build with ibg/abyssal being your core defensive items with liandrys and void being your offensive ones with runic. a more damaging build is something akin to runic/sorc/lb.
> [{quoted}](name=Revali,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:26:26.917+0000) > > What're your runes? > > The best runes for Ekko jg IMO is > > Darkharvest/Electrocute > Sudden Impact > Zombie Ward > Ravenous hunter > > Resolve > Revitalize > Chrysallis > > > > With these runes with talisman refillable you can clear quite easily and be at a healthy enough hp for a lvl 3 gank provided you start the camp that botlane leashes. > > His buildpath is equally okay with a tankier or more damaging build with ibg/abyssal being your core defensive items with liandrys and void being your offensive ones with runic. > > a more damaging build is something akin to runic/sorc/lb. I haven't tried that but wouldn't your clear be significantly worse going Resolve?
: he needs a map pressure nerf for sure, its WAAAY too overbearing first 20 min or so
> [{quoted}](name=Yeezy taught you,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWkmtGLn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-09T19:21:04.036+0000) > > he needs a map pressure nerf for sure, its WAAAY too overbearing first 20 min or so true for NA SQ, not true overall... in KR his ban rate is 1% objectively he's not that strong or you'd see him pick/ban in LCS and top 10 challenger
: Boards, Riot isn't trying to make you lose games when you go on big winning streaks.
Obviously your MMR increases from winning and you face better players... idk what your point is.
xnr (NA)
: Elo Hell Isn't Real - If you are stuck in ____ rank it is your fault.
This is true but only for a decent sample size like 75-100+ games. Below that, variance can be huge. Get an afk in your placements, a few other trolls etc. and you'll start much lower. If you also have a few more unfortunate games... maybe lose 9/10 50 50 games, your MMR can tank hard before your skill and performance reach parity.
: Data is ranked from plat and higher. You're moving the goalposts.
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ePd9pqyE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-08T18:18:55.523+0000) > > Data is ranked from plat and higher. You're moving the goalposts. The only goal post for objective balance is optimal play. Since you have only so many Challenger level games, of course we have to use data from lower too but I don't think Zed is considered too strong at the highest levels. Thus, he's fine objectively.
: Toxic by definition: 8.7% play rate and 53% win rate.
Even if he has a god winrate, that doesn't mean he's OP. He's just good in SQ, sort of like WW because it's easy to pounce on mistakes with those champions. In competitive, both are not so good and same in top Challenger. So what you're complaining about should be more related to the mistakes which let Zed thrive rather than him being objectively strong.
5301 (NA)
: Thoughts on arcsecond's build? He starts machete instead of talisman and goes sorcery instead of resolve
> [{quoted}](name=guccì gang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-04-08T00:10:58.912+0000) > > Thoughts on arcsecond's build? > > He starts machete instead of talisman and goes sorcery instead of resolve It's a good and not super expensive hybrid build but he has run into a lot of trouble once people in Challenger started to exploit Ekko's weak early. I think it's especially nice mid-game but falls off quite hard after. Over his last 15 Ekko games, he has only won 2 and I think he has given up on him for top Challenger. It seems he plays Nidalee & Rek'Sai instead now. Still, it's probably quite viable till the very highest levels. Although, there are better options than Ekko JG. Arcsecond used to play him when his tank build was really good a very long time ago. He has a lot of history with Ekko.
: buffing champs to allow them to jungle when they werent designed to shows favoritism and only causes power creep for them. i love tahm kench jungle but i know its ass and i don't expect riot to specifically buff him for it, nor am i disapointed when they don't. if ekko gets massively increased damage vs jungle monsters, why doesn't talon? he's got a kit that could potentially be good for ganking and clearing, but he doesnt get special treatment on his passive like ekko does. why doesn't gnar, or vel'koz, or braum for that matter? once you start arbitrarily buffing or changing a champion's kit to fit other roles they weren't designed for you start to go down a slippery slope. certain champs should not get special treatment. ekko being buffed for no reason whatsoever in order to be able to jungle is special treatment.
> [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T18:07:06.377+0000) > > buffing champs to allow them to jungle when they werent designed to shows favoritism and only causes power creep for them. i love tahm kench jungle but i know its ass and i don't expect riot to specifically buff him for it, nor am i disapointed when they don't. > > if ekko gets massively increased damage vs jungle monsters, why doesn't talon? he's got a kit that could potentially be good for ganking and clearing, but he doesnt get special treatment on his passive like ekko does. why doesn't gnar, or vel'koz, or braum for that matter? once you start arbitrarily buffing or changing a champion's kit to fit other roles they weren't designed for you start to go down a slippery slope. > > certain champs should not get special treatment. ekko being buffed for no reason whatsoever in order to be able to jungle is special treatment. Kench was primarily a jungler on release. It was his best role by far. I'm sad Kench JG is in such a bad state now. Many champions can work in multiple roles and be officially supported for it. It takes extra work but it's quite doable. This isn't to say that ANY champion is suitable for it but especially the ones with good CC in their kits such as Ekko and Kench make sense.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: bonus damage to monsters in a kit doesn't mean they are supposed to jungle
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T13:35:43.501+0000) > > bonus damage to monsters in a kit doesn't mean they are supposed to jungle They literally stated in the patch notes that it was to help his jungling. He was a viable JG even on release. Idk why you're trying to force him into your conception of what he should be.
: Ekko was never intended to be a jungler. If you want to play a champ in the jungle that was never intended for it, you deserve to struggle and fight tooth and nail to make it work. Riot favoritism to some champs in the jungle and not others is sickening. Ekko needs zero buffs.
> [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-07T13:16:52.496+0000) > > Ekko was never intended to be a jungler. If you want to play a champ in the jungle that was never intended for it, you deserve to struggle and fight tooth and nail to make it work. Riot favoritism to some champs in the jungle and not others is sickening. Ekko needs zero buffs. He was even buffed 2x specifically for jungle. I assume it's a role they want him to be competent in. It's also a role that fits his kit and I don't think it makes sense to limit him. Restricting him to mid makes him less accessible and also makes the game less interesting.
: Fortnite isn't going to roll over and die, and League is NOT invincible
It doesn't even have to be the most popular game to remain enjoyable. Why do you even care?
Rioter Comments
: which 4800 mid laner
Xerath is really fun/good imo... totally different style to Syndra though.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Galio has a 46% win rate on champion.gg
: This Game is Dead
Malzahar is currently the strongest mid laner in the game at every ELO bracket. He was even used in the finals at Worlds. You just need to understand how to play him better and pressure the map. Even in preseason right now, he is statistically the best scoring mid laner in Plat+ by nearly a whole percent (which is actually a lot). In the hands of a good player, he's anything but weak and he doesn't have any atrocious matchups either. His passive and the mana restore on E combined with his strong waveclear make him a good laner and fairly forgiving. It's not the champion. You probably understand so little about what's going on that you don't even notice the mistakes or missed opportunities in your games. If you were playing AP Kog mid or something, maybe you could blame the champion.
: Most likely that account used to belong to a bronze player, and was sold/given to some high elo person. I will say that it won't be the last time you'll get to see this happening, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Cancerous Lulu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OfPqnfGe,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-12-01T05:49:12.102+0000) > > Most likely that account used to belong to a bronze player, and was sold/given to some high elo person. > > I will say that it won't be the last time you'll get to see this happening, though. I agree with this. It's also possible that it was the same player but that account was from when he first started league.
Barkley (NA)
: 42 wins 3 losses?
duoing or smurfing don't make false reports without evidence
Chroud (NA)
: Fiddlestick Rework IDEA
you should just be able to cast fiddle ult. like pantheon kappa
: I've brought this up in Player Behavior forums a couple of times and always gets downvoted to hell. It appears that people want you to be subjected to their chat. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/NQBYEOpG-option-to-permenantly-mute-all-the-time?comment=000300000000000000000000
> [{quoted}](name=Gives No Lux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vamc9yo1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:04:53.806+0000) > > I've brought this up in Player Behavior forums a couple of times and always gets downvoted to hell. It appears that people want you to be subjected to their chat. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/NQBYEOpG-option-to-permenantly-mute-all-the-time?comment=000300000000000000000000 you should at least have the option to mute yourself
Show more

LetYourSleepWane

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion