: Teamfight Tactics
Make this for mobile so i have something to do away from my PC, I love auto-chess for mobile but it was clearly made for a chinese market so it's hard to appreciate the units sometimes when i dont have a clue as to what theyre saying or doing
: I don't care what Riot says. I've been very vocal with my criticism of them as a company for a lot of decisions they made (I think removing TeamBuilder is the worst of the decisions). I'm just saying you see DQ as bullshit, and you're so committed to this idea that you are completely refusing to hear any argument but your own. So double-plot-twist, it's YOU that has your head up your ass, because you're so addicted to hearing your own opinion. It's not a good way to be.
> [{quoted}](name=MrWizard0022,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=AnhjnaKj,comment-id=00e2000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-01T02:30:25.328+0000) > > I don't care what Riot says. I've been very vocal with my criticism of them as a company for a lot of decisions they made (I think removing TeamBuilder is the worst of the decisions). I'm just saying you see DQ as bullshit, and you're so committed to this idea that you are completely refusing to hear any argument but your own. So double-plot-twist, it's YOU that has your head up your ass, because you're so addicted to hearing your own opinion. It's not a good way to be. yeah when you use "plot twist" to sass me you just look silly. Also, Dynamic Queue was built to cater to the politically correct crowd, the ones that play league once in a blue moon or that play certain champs cuz theyre "cute" or "edgy" but has absolutely no competitive value in the current patch. When Dynamic Queue was released I liked it for what it was - a simple funsie-not-to-take-serious queue for everyone to play and enjoy but that stopped when they removed the value of ranked. Ranked was built to test your skill, champ knowledge, macro knowledge, micro mechanics, and scenario judgment with like skilled peers. Dynamic Queue shits on all the years of hard work and practice a lot of people put into the game and set them aside so that the game can be more friendly to people who weren't familiar with ranked and the meta. Make no mistake. Dynamic Queue is a **business decision**. To bring in more fresh meat and lower the skill standard for entry. It is not a decision to make the game better, it was NEVER a decision to make the game better. You've been touting your horn defending DQ nonstop, you sound almost as if you're not trying to convince us but yourself. Get help.
: You might want to get your ears checked. You've been in the echo chamber of reddit for so long, you lost the ability to hear an opinion that isn't your own.
> [{quoted}](name=MrWizard0022,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=AnhjnaKj,comment-id=00e20000,timestamp=2016-06-01T01:59:31.453+0000) > > You might want to get your ears checked. You've been in the echo chamber of reddit for so long, you lost the ability to hear an opinion that isn't your own. oh but plot twist! i dont even visit reddit. I see DQ is bullshit because IT IS. get YOUR HEAD out of your ass and you might stop eatiing the bullshit riot is feeding you.
: Dynamic queue and the future of League
16mins. the video one of the devs was asked, "how is dynamic Q better than solo Q?" Then he goes off in a slow grumbled litany where apparently there are a lot of "vectors" and then finally after digging deep in his mind he goes, "oh! it's less toxic!" well no shit sherlock ofc premades wont be toxic to each other, they're WAAAAAAAAYY more toxic to the woeful solo player that happened upon the misfortune of getting queued up with them. Stop this bullshit seriously. You didn't answer his question you just gave that half assed answer and the other dev butted in and just swept everything under the rug. Classic Riot. Do you guys have this training at orientation?
: Dynamic queue and the future of League
I tried very, very, very hard to listen and understand what all of them were saying but all everytime someone opened their mouth all I heard was, "Bullshit, bullshit bull...shit. BUll! shit, bullshit bull, bullshit, and that Bullshit? BS. with a an overall strategy of Bullshit. There's New bullshit on bullshit about bullshit on bullshit." anyone else heard what I heard?
: New Champ Select Update
Do not let this thread die, do not let the BS riot is peddling to slide.
: Shurima Story Q&A #2
Oh man I wish I found this Q&A much sooner I have SOOOOOOO MANY QUESTIONS D:
: Collecting cool rocks, weaving, and know that she's seen the coast--probably learning to swim (and maybe surf?!?)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Stellari,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q5Rti3k0,comment-id=00a80000,timestamp=2016-05-12T20:45:19.340+0000) > > Collecting cool rocks, weaving, and know that she's seen the coast--probably learning to swim (and maybe surf?!?) She crossed the sea from Noxus to Ionia, speaking of which how did she get away from the Noxians and get a boat to flee into Ionia?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
Taliyah beats Kha'zix and InB4 Ionia gets a paper mage ala Yomiko Readman that beats taliyah paper > rock > scissors
: Standard mage stuff. Thunderlord's is great on her since she can proc it with one Q cast on fresh ground.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenonTheStoic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q5Rti3k0,comment-id=00910001,timestamp=2016-05-12T20:34:36.666+0000) > > Standard mage stuff. Thunderlord's is great on her since she can proc it with one Q cast on fresh ground. mmm hmmm errybody love dat fresh ground
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
Will the "Lore Map" change now that Shurima is now a country post-retcon and not just some dessert amumu wanders around in also in regards to the map, If Taliyah came from Noxus then she crossed a sea to meet with Yasuo in Ionia, then he advised her to head east again past the same sea she crossed from Noxus, traversing both Zaun and Piltover just to get to the Freljord, it seems highly unlikely he would suggest that unless there is some Freljord lore with Yasuo and Taliyah you guys have yet to reveal?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
wont you please answer the more substance filled questions rather than repeatedly answering if her name is pronounced Ta-lee-YAH or Talia?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
Is she Shuriman royalty like Sivir?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
After reading Azir's updated lore I read he had many baby mama's hence Sivir endured on making her a warrior princess of sorts. So my question is, is Taliyah Shuriman royalty as well?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
after rework and with taliya coming out dont you think cass's ult is more apropos to taliyah? besides isnt cass the dps ap mage so her ult feels off with her in game fantasy and feels more like simply clinging onto her real world inspiration of medusa
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
I just read the updated lore for Shurimans so is Xerath read as (SHARE-at?) since he is one who shares?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
I feel like you've set so many limiters on this champ, the 1 stone at worked ground, the linear non damaging ult, delay on stones and push back. Why so many limiters? I feel like her kit is way underpowered for a mid lane mage
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
What niche does Taliyah fulfill specifically?
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
Wouldnt it be cooler if you can control her ult instead of just one linear wall? like a build your own wall sort of thing - it'd give more interactions and make her ult actually feel like an ult and not just an oversized anivia wall
: Champion Q&A: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
May I lead with a very pressing inquiry regarding this new champion that I believe everybody would like to ascertain if you, the Riot team would be so indulgent. Who dat boiiiiiiee?
: New Champ Select Update
smh months have passed and still no word. fuck this game seriously I just feel bad for your hundreds of employees that might lose their jobs because the managers and development team is going to allow this game to die. I dont know if youve heard Riot but people are getting tired of League and this premade BS is the last nail in the coffin that is LoL
: New Champ Select Update
WELL DONE RIOT! You kept silent and made this thread to allow people who care about solo queue vent and now youre free to sweep it under the rug. GOOD FUCKING JOB. What a magnificent PR move to let people move along and move with this dumbass idea. If only the Nazi's had your PR strategies they might not have rubbed other countries the wrong way and won the war.
: Champion Update: Taric, the Shield of Valoran
Riot I am dissapoint. This was a prime opportunity to name his skills, Magnum, Le Tigre, Ferrari and of course most importantly Blue Steel. His passive can be "Water is the essence of Wetness"
Polgin (NA)
: not sure what everyone is complaining about. Solo Q sucked hard. ever want your role taken from you cause someone called it first? or just decides to just take it then Lie during game about how you trolled when they were trolling? that was Solo Q in a nutshell, well that is if you mained support then you had minimal issues with Solo Q. pick order was the worst at least now when someone decides to just take your role your whole team knows and more chance of them being reported. love that they combined Team Builder and Solo Q to this great thing were I can get my perfered role about 50% of the time. they are working on that and for going into Solo Q without anyone else 50% is great odds for getting your role TLDR: Solo Q sucked unless you were support. too many trolls who thought pick order meant take others role.
> [{quoted}](name=Polgin,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=6WuZKauE,comment-id=01a6,timestamp=2016-04-02T01:24:10.094+0000) > > not sure what everyone is complaining about. Solo Q sucked hard. ever want your role taken from you cause someone called it first? or just decides to just take it then Lie during game about how you trolled when they were trolling? that was Solo Q in a nutshell, well that is if you mained support then you had minimal issues with Solo Q. pick order was the worst at least now when someone decides to just take your role your whole team knows and more chance of them being reported. love that they combined Team Builder and Solo Q to this great thing were I can get my perfered role about 50% of the time. they are working on that and for going into Solo Q without anyone else 50% is great odds for getting your role > > TLDR: Solo Q sucked unless you were support. too many trolls who thought pick order meant take others role. The current CHAMP SELECT is fine. The STUPID DYNAMIC QUEUE needs to GTFO. You can still queue up for roles and such and like the current scenario if you troll your pick you can be banned RiotLyte said so himself. what's annoying is that people are allowed to play with any number of people via invite which makes the COMPETITIVE aspect of this game a joke.
: State of the game with Meddler, Zirene, and more
: New Champ Select Update
Dear Riot, I wrote you but you still ain't replyin I left my twitter, my insta, and facebook at the bottom I sent two DM's back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em There probably was a problem in the server or something Sometimes my internet dies out when there's lightnin' but anyways; fuck it, what's been up? Man how's your developers? My girlfriend's in programming too she wants to be a Rioter If I have a game, guess what I'ma call it? I'ma name it League 2 I read about your DDoS and server crash, too, I'm sorry I had network issues in my area too when the ISP's not working I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan I even got that new champion skin, Mecha Zero Sion man, I got a room full of your posters and champ pictures man I like the shit you did at Korea, too, that shit was phat Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back, just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan Solo Q man Dear RIot, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance I ain't mad - I just think it's FUCKED UP you don't answer fans If you didn't wanna talk to me with your hundreds of Rioters you didn't have to, but you coulda sent a programmed sorry note, That's just a little courtesy man, for all the time I spent. It's like waiting in the blistering cold for you, for hours and you just said, "No." That's pretty shitty man - you're like my fucking idol I wished to work for you someday man, there's no other thing i'd rather do I ain't that mad though, I just don't like being lied to Remember last year you said you'd bring back solo queue? you would update back - see I'm just like you in a way I try to please people and not betray; I used to always help people in game and along my way I can relate to your champions in your lore so when I have a shitty day, I play a match and not get bored 'Cause I don't really got shit else so that shit helps when I'm depressed I even got a tattoo that says "Rito" on my chest Sometimes I play dynamic queue, hurts so much it bleeds It's like utter cancer, the pain is so unberable you see, See everything you say is real, and I respect you 'cause you tell it I just thought you'd be upfront to me about solo Q 24/7 But no one knows you like I know you Riot, no one does I've seen you sweep away issues people want in a month or 2 even You gotta reply to me man, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose Sincerely yours, Solo Q man -- P.S. Bring back URF, too Dear Mister I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans, this'll be the last DM I ever send your ass It's been six months and still no word - I don't deserve it? I know you got my last two posts; They both hit front page on Reddit So this is my Youtube vid I'm sending you, I hope you watch it I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway Hey Riot, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive? You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air Tonight" about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him? That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy and all I wanted was a lousy Solo Queue match I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall I love you Riot, we coulda been together, think about it You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me See Riot; [*screaming*] Shut up bitches! I'm trying to talk! Hey Riot, that's the premade I had screaming in the trunk, But I didnt uninstall, I just muted them up, see I ain't like you If i play another dynamic I'll suffer more, and then I'll die, too Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now Oh shit, I forgot, how'm I supposed to send this shit out? [car tires squeal] [CRASH] .. [brief silence] .. [LOUD splash]
: New Champ Select Update
Competitiveness is the only reason a lot of old players still play this game. As it has been said before this game is NOT fun and anyone who's played over 1k games will easily tell you the game does not constitute "fun". However the thrill of getting better and the thrill of fighting and winning or at least losing a competitive match with like-skilled individuals is the only drug old players take to keep on coming back to this unfun game. And this stupid queue with anyone you want BS breaks the competitiveness. Every damn game there's one person who's being carried along who clearly doesnt belong in that tier and gets outmatched be it on your team or theirs. Victories feel hollow and empty, and losses are unfair and frustrating. How could you enjoy winning in that environment? I mean you just murdered that clueless, confused, headless chicken of a player, of course you're going to win! And on the flip side how do you fight against a group of individuals who are clearly 2-3 tiers higher than you when they have more refined micro and macro when you're just still learning to get to that level? You don't learn a damn thing from the loss because the game was over before you can even blink and your frivolous "fun-loving" queued together teammates with a "dont mind" attitude isn't helping either. Gaining LP at least back when solo queue was in was a slow and obvious representation of your skill level. And you KNOW you lost cuz you were BAD although you won't admit it but you knew and you were going to get better because you saw what your mistakes were and what they did right. NOT because they can maneuver in a coordinated fashion that were practically LAN. And for those who dont understand. The NEW CHAMP SELECT is NOT the same as DYNAMIC QUEUE. All the bells and whistles of the new champ select is fine and well but the stupid queuing up with anyone you want is the problem. A lot of the posters here are misleading the topic by addressing their frustrations on queue times and whatnot but THAT IS NOT THE GODDAMN PROBLEM. And may I add the title of this thread was sneakily entitled "New Champ Select" so it befuddles the minds of those easily confused. The thread should be Dynamic Queue or Solo Queue removed. And I've said it before and I will say it again. Those of you who say "I enjoy this Dynamic Queue with my friends better cuz it's so stress free!!! :D :D :D " You reek the stink of casualty. Call me a try-hard I dont care because I am and THAT is what the mindset of every person playing ranked should have anyway. You filthy casuals disgust me. I'm bad at this game but I enjoyed getting better I craved the small steps I made getting better fighting with people with the same skillset. Little by little I grew better - still not amazing but better than last year. And all the hard work I have put as well as those who have played longer than I have are now tossed aside and spit upon. It's a slap on the face seeing these unwashed casuals be so frivolous with our precious time trying to get better at ranked. THIS is the sentiment of those people wanting solo queue back. I like the New champ select, I absolutely detest Dynamic Queue.
: OK, so what i took away from this was that you're essentially not making Solo Queue a thing. I'm a relatively new player to this game, but I've definitely have been looking forward to a playstyle where the game is determined by individual skill, and Solo Queue provides that. _Dynamic queue is just based on whoever has the better team, whoever can gather more/better friends to make a better team, and that ruins the overall spirit of competition that drives such a huge population of the player base_. I'm not going to talk _too_ too much since most of my thoughts and feelings have been expressed in previous posts in this discussion, so please, (as you give us solo-players a middle finger) I'm asking you to _go read each and every one of those posts again until the message gets to you. You are **alienating A LOT OF PLAYERS! ** _ Furthermore, I'd like to ask you to be direct in your posts; all you have been doing is misdirecting us and dodging our questions and requests. This game has lost a lot of its luster now that I know Solo Queue will most likely not be released, and rather some dynamic queue that will only satisfy a very minuscule percentage of the actual player base. And I can imagine many other players feel the same way I do. So please, don't just "reconsider" making Solo Queue a thing,** MAKE SOLO QUEUE A THING**. Maybe dynamic queue provides better business for you or something, but what business will you have when so many of us players will just stop playing or be less interested in spending money on it? Now I'm done ranting, so I'll quit this game that I loved until you bring back **Solo Queue. **
> [{quoted}](name=MeowingRex,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=6WuZKauE,comment-id=0151,timestamp=2016-03-26T14:25:12.261+0000) > > OK, so what i took away from this was that you're essentially not making Solo Queue a thing. I'm a relatively new player to this game, but I've definitely have been looking forward to a playstyle where the game is determined by individual skill, and Solo Queue provides that. _Dynamic queue is just based on whoever has the better team, whoever can gather more/better friends to make a better team, and that ruins the overall spirit of competition that drives such a huge population of the player base_. I'm not going to talk _too_ too much since most of my thoughts and feelings have been expressed in previous posts in this discussion, so please, (as you give us solo-players a middle finger) I'm asking you to _go read each and every one of those posts again until the message gets to you. You are **alienating A LOT OF PLAYERS! ** > _ > Furthermore, I'd like to ask you to be direct in your posts; all you have been doing is misdirecting us and dodging our questions and requests. This game has lost a lot of its luster now that I know Solo Queue will most likely not be released, and rather some dynamic queue that will only satisfy a very minuscule percentage of the actual player base. And I can imagine many other players feel the same way I do. > > So please, don't just "reconsider" making Solo Queue a thing,** MAKE SOLO QUEUE A THING**. Maybe dynamic queue provides better business for you or something, but what business will you have when so many of us players will just stop playing or be less interested in spending money on it? Now I'm done ranting, so I'll quit this game that I loved until you bring back **Solo Queue. > ** well said good man. Also, everyone who is so in favor of dynamic queue you all stink of casualty. Play Mario party you filthy casuals.
: Hiya Necrolegion89, Animations, especially recalls, take around two weeks to complete, potentially longer if we're adding sound effects and particles. That time would be taken away from newer skins, which would mean less cool bells and whistles. At this time, we won't have plans to update Mecha Kha'Zix's recall animation. That said, you do have some cool ideas that we could potentially consider in the future, if we did some kind of reboot. :D
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qk1B763r,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-23T18:20:45.005+0000) > > Hiya Necrolegion89, > > Animations, especially recalls, take around two weeks to complete, potentially longer if we're adding sound effects and particles. That time would be taken away from newer skins, which would mean less cool bells and whistles. > > At this time, we won't have plans to update Mecha Kha'Zix's recall animation. That said, you do have some cool ideas that we could potentially consider in the future, if we did some kind of reboot. :D turn him into a lawnmower! ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!
: Lets first just examine the fact that all rioter comments have been on posts/comments about the good quality of dynamic queue, riot gives not a single fuck about your opinion, at the end of the day they just don't. While ill admit i am new to league and was never in ranked when it was solo/duo queue only so i have very little knowledge about how it was, but it seems like everyone wants it back. During my time pre-dynamic queue i experienced a lot o toxicity due to solo queuing in norms because people continuously argued over roles and it took quality away from every game i played. Now i have no clue if ranked had the same thing going on but if so dynamic queue is a MAJOR improvement. pros of dynamic queue: !. improved quality of the pre-game 2.promotes people queuing together 3. looks nicer annnd that's about it.... now BEFORE you flame me just hear me out, i think that riot wants their game to be a team oriented game that cooperating as a team is MORE important that individual skill. If you play with the same people constantly you learn each others play style, have better communication, are usually in a voice chat which improves communication, Ect, if solo queue was the best option then LCS would be players randomly matched up with other players as a team each game. now what you all have been waiting for Cons of dynamic queue: 1. massive community hatred 2. less focused on individual skill and more on team composition and effectiveness 3. puts players who solo queue at a disadvantage when facing premade groups. Now reason's two and three are actually pros but most of the community is to blind to see it. Why does league have a meta????? Because people play the e champions who are stronger than others because it enhances them and gives them an advantage. Lets say solo queue is the equivalent of taric, sure he might of been good at some point but he has fallen out of meta, and why? Because his kit inst broad enough to work around today's team comps, his stun can only hit one person and no one can even remember the rest of his ability's Now lets say solo queue is the equivalent of Lux, at one point she might not have been in the meta because the game was based on individual skill and she isn't the best at 1v1 unless you can one shot people. Now lux has a kit that is really strong in today's meta, she can slow a large area, stun two targets, shield all allies, and can hit every enemy with her ult. not so good when the game is based on dueling but when in a team situation she does very well. I Think Riot is trying to shift the game more around team work because it opens up a lot more options for your team comp. For example its really hard to solo queue and convince everyone to do a wombo combo team, it just doesn't happen. What riot is doing is good for the game as a whole because it opens up so much more that can be done with it. One person doesn't make the comeback only when the team can work together more effectively than solo queue allowed can any game have any outcome
> [{quoted}](name=chaser0405,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=6WuZKauE,comment-id=0136,timestamp=2016-03-25T08:11:53.168+0000) > > Lets first just examine the fact that all rioter comments have been on posts/comments about the good quality of dynamic queue, riot gives not a single fuck about your opinion, at the end of the day they just don't. While ill admit i am new to league and was never in ranked when it was solo/duo queue only so i have very little knowledge about how it was, but it seems like everyone wants it back. During my time pre-dynamic queue i experienced a lot o toxicity due to solo queuing in norms because people continuously argued over roles and it took quality away from every game i played. Now i have no clue if ranked had the same thing going on but if so dynamic queue is a MAJOR improvement. > > pros of dynamic queue: > > !. improved quality of the pre-game > 2.promotes people queuing together > 3. looks nicer > annnd that's about it.... > > now BEFORE you flame me just hear me out, i think that riot wants their game to be a team oriented game that cooperating as a team is MORE important that individual skill. If you play with the same people constantly you learn each others play style, have better communication, are usually in a voice chat which improves communication, Ect, if solo queue was the best option then LCS would be players randomly matched up with other players as a team each game. > > now what you all have been waiting for > > Cons of dynamic queue: > > 1. massive community hatred > 2. less focused on individual skill and more on team composition and effectiveness > 3. puts players who solo queue at a disadvantage when facing premade groups. > > Now reason's two and three are actually pros but most of the community is to blind to see it. > > Why does league have a meta????? Because people play the e champions who are stronger than others because it enhances them and gives them an advantage. Lets say solo queue is the equivalent of taric, sure he might of been good at some point but he has fallen out of meta, and why? Because his kit inst broad enough to work around today's team comps, his stun can only hit one person and no one can even remember the rest of his ability's > > Now lets say solo queue is the equivalent of Lux, at one point she might not have been in the meta because the game was based on individual skill and she isn't the best at 1v1 unless you can one shot people. Now lux has a kit that is really strong in today's meta, she can slow a large area, stun two targets, shield all allies, and can hit every enemy with her ult. not so good when the game is based on dueling but when in a team situation she does very well. > > I Think Riot is trying to shift the game more around team work because it opens up a lot more options for your team comp. For example its really hard to solo queue and convince everyone to do a wombo combo team, it just doesn't happen. What riot is doing is good for the game as a whole because it opens up so much more that can be done with it. > > > One person doesn't make the comeback > > only when the team can work together more effectively than solo queue allowed can any game have any outcome All the shiny whistles and bells of dynamic queue is fine and well but the fact that you can and up to a point NEED friends in a game is what's damaging to ranked queue. I just had a game where I was queued up with 4 people premade and I simply focused on farming knowing full well those 4 pricks will just steamroll the enemy team - and guess what they did. What a hollow victory and what a waste of my time. I didn't learn anything and I didnt contribute to the team aside from getting dragons and heralds. And the poor saps we were against? ALSO a 4 man premade with 1 extra, and their skills were so mismatched it was painful to watch. These games do not make for quality experiences, they become MARIO PARTY. For those who are in for the laughs sure it's fun and stress-free but for those who are there to test their capabilities and pour whatever skill they learned in the YEARS they played league? It's a motherfucking slap on the face.
: New Champ Select Update
All competitive meaning in this game is now an utter joke. I can't even bring myself to take ranked games seriously cuz it's such BS how skewed the matches are. I can't believe I wasted years of my life trying to get good at this game where it culminated to a let's go and derp with friends game like a fucking mario party.
: It's hard to take your word for when you're silver 3....look at my match history and it'll prove you otherwise. >tfw low elo scrubs try to explain aspects of league in a convoluted way
> [{quoted}](name=Ctrl Alt0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2690sZQX,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-08-04T10:37:42.853+0000) > > It's hard to take your word for when you're silver 3....look at my match history and it'll prove you otherwise. TFW a year later Riot implements exactly the remake I proposed here from a Silver 3 scrub perspective.
: does riot feel that, ranked is no longer a test of skill? ranking with a premade is MUCH easier than doing it alone, i know, ive benefited from it. its made me disrespect the competitive side of the game almost entirely. i barely practice, why would i when i can just have my friends make up for it, an effectively halve the decisions i have to make every game? i dont feel like im good, or that my victory is meaningful, when i know that my friends carried me. theirs something abut relying this much on my buddies that makes me feel weak, i didn't earn gold, there are games i know i should of lost, IF i had played with my skill alone. and it feels dirty riot, only true solo que will cleanse me, of my filth
> [{quoted}](name=IreliaCarrlesU,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=6WuZKauE,comment-id=00a1,timestamp=2016-03-23T04:50:59.277+0000) > > does riot feel that, ranked is no longer a test of skill? ranking with a premade is MUCH easier than doing it alone, i know, ive benefited from it. > its made me disrespect the competitive side of the game almost entirely. i barely practice, why would i when i can just have my friends make up for it, an effectively halve the decisions i have to make every game? > > i dont feel like im good, or that my victory is meaningful, when i know that my friends carried me. theirs something abut relying this much on my buddies that makes me feel weak, i didn't earn gold, there are games i know i should of lost, IF i had played with my skill alone. and it feels dirty riot, only true solo que will cleanse me, of my filth amen
: New Champ Select Update
I've played a bunch of games after this post was made to be quite honest it felt pointless. I will always be paired with people in pairs and I will always go against people in pairs/groups which is a big heaping pile of BS to me. I had Solo Que dreams to look forward to before to keep me sane and hold on and endure but not anymore. And even more so now everytime I see them with their silly little club tags it infuriates me so much I'm already tilted before the game even begins. Those silly little tags Riot implemented to make this silly partnered queue more encouraged isnt encouraging me it's depressing and infuriating me. This game has lost all competitive meaning to me. Next time I get paired with 4 people I'll throw the game just enough so that I cant be reported but I'll ensure they lose. This is the kind of person you've turned me into Riot. I have a green ribbon.
: New Champ Select Update
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Socrates,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=6WuZKauE,comment-id=0037,timestamp=2016-03-22T20:11:28.027+0000) > > Hey guys, we know there are a lot of players who are really passionate about solo queue. We're not trying to be dishonest or dodge this topic. Radio silence on this the past couple months has been painful, we know. We hoped to come out with a direct answer to this, but working through the problems players are facing on live now (consistency around position select, queue times and matchmaking for high MMR) is taking longer than we initially expected. We did a bad job at managing expectations around this and deserve the heat we're getting around that. > > That being said, solo queue does not directly address either of these problems and could suffer from the exact same problems. We'll be honest: there's definitely a world in which solo queue doesn't return, but we'd rather keep it on the table as we work through these issues before making a final decision. You guys honestly and truly broke my heart with this announcement. I was earnestly waiting for pure solo queue from the get go, I was actually hopeful every day. Everytime I get a bunch of 4 man premade asshats I would just grit my teeth type /mute all and tell myself this bullshit will all be over once pure solo queue rolls in. So that's why you guys made this crap about "clubs" so you can force feed group queueing even more because you guys don't want to push through with pure solo queue. And I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to play ranked with a friend. It's a matter of principle. You play ranked to test your skills and not rely on your friend who's skills you already know. I know I sound like a antisocial prick but it's more of a matter of pride and I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels the same sentiment. I wished you just said from the get go solo queue is gone and done so I didn't have to have my hopes up. You really had my hopes up Riot. bg
: Excuse me, but where can I buy a girlfriend that plays league? Or just a girlfriend would be fine.
you prolly wear a fedora and is challenjour level but stuck in low elo cuz teammates
: June sales schedule
ooh wonderful list Riot thanks!
Makami (NA)
: Because he's the kind of troll that's fucked up a good bit of the league experience. Is he funny? Sure. Is he what the league community needs as a role model? Hell No.
I wouldnt say he fucked up the league experience. He's not in control of players playing the game mind you, and people who fuck up the league experience are people who truly maliciously want to spread their toxicity regardless of what dunkey puts out on a video. By your logic then the dude who makes "break the meta" fucks up the league experience as well, as well as pros influencing the noob masses to play highly skill capped champs in their ranked games, as well as every other medially skilled youtubers who play for fun, remember - INSTALOK one of the groups mentioned here has a song called "AD MAOKAI" and even made a video of "did it work?" - they all influence their viewer base. Youtubers dont fuck up the league experience players fuck up the league experience and that in itself is THE league experience. TLDR The "League Experience" is already fucked. Addendum: I say it's a travesty because let's be real at face value even without comedic content Dunkey's songs are catchy and fun to listen to.
: Here's my inferior version. http://i.imgur.com/uFohn7j.jpg
: Community Mixtape: The Yordles
Why isn't Videogamedunkey on this list?! this is a travesty.
Drezmal (NA)
: Stuck in a Finished game
Im stuck too. I just finished a game that our enemy team surrendered to but somehow the game is not in my history and it didnt register and now im trying to queue up but it's not letting me saying Im currently assigned to another game
: Maybe you're spamming with your threads?
nope posted once and they deleted it so i was just curious if they actually read the content. I think what made them delete it is because the title was IP and LP sellers and bots... but it was a complaint about those people
Rioter Comments
: The C9 game I was thinking about was where he played Nunu and counterjungled the enemy Sejuani, but I don't remember the exact game. To be honest, I feel like Poacher's Knife cannot be supported because the playstyle of counterjungling cannot be supported, but if it were to be buffed I feel like the reward for killing a jungle camp in the enemy jungle should come with much greater benefits than Poacher's Knife currently comes with to offset the risk of counterjungling. I really like the idea of a warding active on Poacher's, but at the same time I also like how all the jungle item's effects are effects on the Smite itself. However, I do also feel that having some sort of vision really plays well with any kind of counterjungling. A cool idea I had was if Scavenger's Smite gave vision around the location where the Smite was used. This helps allow for more counterjungling by giving more vision of the enemy jungle, and you can do a lot with this vision. Example: on your opponent's red side jungle, you can smite the Raptors, then go for your opponent's Krugs, with the vision given from Scavenging Smite on the Raptor camp will protect you from at least one avenue where the enemy jungler could be coming in from. You can do the same with the Wolves and Gromp, but this isn't quite as important because of the vision from smiting Wolves. If you fall too far behind to counterjungle, Scavenging Smite working on monsters on your own side of the map also allows you to get some vision control in your own jungle, especially if you can't reliably keep wards in the enemy jungle, while Smiting minions could also potentially apply these kinds of bonuses. In the late game, Scavenging Smite doesn't become completely useless, as there are distinct tradeoffs for each Smite in the lategame, as Chilling Smite has the utility that comes from a built-in slow, Challenging Smite provides more burst and tankiness against a single target, Blasting Smite offers a little bit of extra waveclear, and Scavenging Smite will offer a little bit more vision control.
That's actually a really cool idea like a persisting blue trinket or the scuttle vision except on areas you smited
: Why Does Almost Every Female Mage-Like Champ Have Their Name End with the letter A?
No one is more female and magical than Ahri.{{champion:103}} DEBUNKED.
Wullf (EUNE)
: Sounds interesting... Though I am not a fan of spelthief for melee/tank supports, but I can imagine that horror of saplings exploding everywhere. But I might try some variations. Thanks for the tip.
this strategy is particularly brutal to adc's that dont have dash skills or have dash skills that have high cost. Im not lying to you that i have had on multiple occasions Jinxs, Vaynes and Ashes literally just ragequit bot lane and blame their support "for not being able to do anything" because they literally can't. At lv3 i had the enemy adc go back to fountain twice without breaking a sweat, the only problem is that youre going to dominate your lane so hard that it'll attract the attention of mid/top/jungle so hard so you have to tell your top/mid to capitalize. Like I said dont treat mao supp as a tank, he becomes a tank after lane phase but during lane phase he's a mage. Addendum: I cannot stress enough to beware the Sivir/Morgana comp. if they have this dont pick Mao supp because youre just gonna hurt yourself and your laner because you become useless from lane phase into transitions into mid and late.
: "Since patch 4.20 **blazed** into summoners rift"
Oh you XD I was trying not be blunt and really subtle about that too. I was trying to hash out what kind of way I could phrase that intro so I had a few phrases written down placed into a bowl and I had a friend fish out all the bad statements until we smoked out the best one. At first I was a bit puffy about it but in the end I passed it on trusting my friend's judgment then we went to a burger joint and just chilled out. {{item:3751}} {{item:3113}}
: It's more situational and, even in the right situation, requires more precision than the other smites. And that's the problem. It's one thing to invade a jungle and steal something when no one was looking, which they will once they know you have the poacher's knife (and ranger's is arguably better at this), but it's another thing entirely to steal a camp while they're clearing it. Poacher's has no edge in that scenario. It's all up to the player. Their smite, in combat range, is automatically better than yours. So, currently, there's no reason not to take one of the other options. And I feel like the solution is clear: poacher's needs significantly higher smite damage than the other options. Only then would it truly be able to do what it's supposed to do. You invade, you see their jungle clearing red/blue/dragon/whatever unaware and saving smite to finish, and you steal it before they have the chance. Then you dipset. Right now, they've only got the dipset part right. And somehow I feel like this is intentional. It's too obvious, maybe they want something else because "too much objective control" or some such.
This is actually really good stuff. If you think about it if you have a poacher's with significantly higher smite damage the enemy team wont even try to contest drag/bar if the enemy jungler isnt dead.
: I think the best way to see how bad Poacher's Knife is right now is to look at the LCS. All three of the other smites are picked up in at least some fashion, and Poacher's Knife got absolutely no play, even in cases where it would definitely have been useful. I remember a Cloud 9 game where Meteos was counterjungling like crazy in the early game - which is the ideal situation to use Poacher's Knife - and still didn't buy it at all. The problem with Poacher's Knife is that it has a narrow focus that supports a playstyle that should never be supported as a playstyle and instead should be taken as an action that you do the entire game. Couterjungling by itself is taken as an opportunity, such as if the enemy jungler shows himself on the map or you see him via a ward. You cannot base your entire gameplay around counterjungling in the same way you can base it around farming your jungle. Likewise, its narrow focus doesn't let it scale into the lategame like Stalker's Blade and Skirmisher's Sabre do, and Poacher's Knife is straight-up useless compared to the other upgrades if your team falls behind in objectives because it becomes hard to go into your own jungle, let alone the enemy team's jungle.
I agree completely and I know that C9 game you're talking about I think he played Nidalee but from your perspective what kind of buff or change should be given to Poacher's Knife?
Wullf (EUNE)
: Maokai support
Oh this absolutely works as a matter of fact support maokai is my "tilt champ" that is to say if I'm losing a bunch I just play Mao supp and its freelo. See the trick to Mao supp is just have defensive masteries and runes get the spellthiefs edge and put two points in your sapling early. Throw saplings all lane phase sit back and watch enemy botlane rage quit. Caveat - sivir Morgana counters this strat but it can still work if u play your cards right Edit: I think the reason you die a lot is because you play him with a top lane mebtality. When you play maokai supp you're basically playing a botlane mage that transitions into a tank support mid-late game. Imagine you're playing Annie or Morgana support you don't "go in" at all just throw sapling to the back line and it will hit roughly 80% of the time because saplings home in on your targets. The only time you should be using twisted advance and his Q is when they go in on your ADC or your jungler is ganking. Anyway good luck have fun on your supp maokai.
Show more

Limitless RX

Level 69 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion