Hotarµ (NA)
: > Except, that there is nothing wrong with AFKing in such situations. You aren't putting anyone behind nor does it negatively impact the game because the game is already done for. This mentality is the biggest problem with our community. _The game is not over until a Nexus explodes._ Does it suck to deal with some situations? Of course, I'm not a robot, there are plenty of games that I want to leave because my teammates are children or intentionally feeding. **But** when you accept the queue, you're agreeing to play the game out until it's _officially_ over, not because you're having a bad experience or a teammate makes a mistake. You don't get to pick and choose when to leave because the game isn't going your way, that's not how things work. >The surrender vote is made so you can actually give up when the game seems unwinnable. Yeah, and when the overwhelming majority of your team can't get the vote to pass, _you keep playing the game until it's officially over._ No player has the power or the right to single-handedly decide the outcome of a game against the wishes of 3-4 other people. >The case OP described doesn't happen in 90% of the games but it doesn't mean other games aren't as tilting. Losing the game because your jungler fail smited baron will tilt a lot of people pretty hard too. > The whole "no matter what, don't leave your game" thing is doomed wrong because the rules say so. Morally, there is really nothing left to do in such a game anymore and I NEVER leave a game. No matter how bad a game was, I have never left it. But I actually do understand the OP instead of playing the fake good guy. I have been hold hostage enough in my games, to the point that I raged and got myself a chat restriction. I wish I would have just left the game instead. Nobody is saying that the game can't be tilting, we're saying that AFKing isn't the right option. Morally speaking, you shouldn't AFK because you're doing a disservice to yourself, Riot Games, the League community, the allies _and_ the enemies on your team. Nobody is saying you have to put on a show and continue to be openly optimistic, frankly I think that's a stupid thing to do. If you're tilted, forcing yourself into a false state of mind can do more harm than good. _However_, you should be able to focus on the win conditions of a game and stay constructive rather than giving up at the drop of a hat.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BgucT2JG,comment-id=000a0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T16:56:11.720+0000) > > > > Yeah, and when the overwhelming majority of your team can't get the vote to pass, _you keep playing the game until it's officially over._ No player has the power or the right to single-handedly decide the outcome of a game against the wishes of 3-4 other people. > You say no player has the power or right to decide a game. The trolls/griefers who give up and start forcing their other 3/4 teammates that are locked into the game to AUTOMATICALLY lose regardless of anything beg to differ. I know you want to desperately uphold that sacred summoners code. but you should not expect anyone who’s queued up with the intention of winning to then sit through constant failed surrender votes and a guaranteed loss just because the rules say so. The rules also say you shouldn’t troll or grief but nothing has been done to combat that either. I agree with op, I refuse to sit hostage in a video game meant for fun because some mental case gets off on ruining others experience.
: AFK is too punishing for teammates
Why is the first response to this always, “people will abuse this.” Make the person who AFKs take increased losses with an escalation system since Riot loves them so much and deduce for the rest of the team. If they’re duo they both get the same increased losses. It really shouldn’t be rocket science.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AmAxq0Aq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-09T09:44:20.728+0000) > > Why do tank/sustain runes also give damage? That wasn't the question tho. They asked why runes have any damage at all. You can't expect to ask a dumbass question and expect me te Respond as if you asked me a real question.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AmAxq0Aq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-09T10:10:47.507+0000) > > That wasn't the question tho. They asked why runes have any damage at all. > > You can't expect to ask a dumbass question and expect me te Respond as if you asked me a real question. “Why does damage have to be included into these choices? Isn't there a way to do a better job without adding damage to everything?” I would assume “everything” means just that, everything. Why do people like you comment on shit trying to fit your own narrative when it was clearly stated in the first place?
Rioter Comments
: IF The only thing that Matters is MMR and Rank Doesnt Worth Shit Then show me My MMR not my RANK
They claimed the change was because seeing your physical rank was causing anxiety and felt grindy. What exactly does having to reach promos and WIN 2/3 or 3/5 of your next games do? Cause anxiety after a grind. They changed to a league system to let players feel good about achieving something they don’t deserve. Then add promotion helpers and demotion prevention to keep said players happy. Regardless of how negatively it impacts quality of games when someone who clearly doesn’t deserve to have a rank HAS the rank and gives up because they know they won’t lose their rank. I will never understand that argument being present in a **COMPETITIVE** game mode.
: its too easy to demote tier and get your mmr fucked
You would be your REAL rank if demotion protection wasn’t a thing. It skews MMR brackets and causes false belief that the people being protected deserve to stay their rank when clearly showing they shouldn’t.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Promos have autofill protection so unless you qued as fill, worst you can get is your secondary role, but since you chose that as your secondary you should he and to play it, shouldn't you?
> [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aEb5IUTB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-12T19:02:15.335+0000) > > Promos have autofill protection so unless you qued as fill, worst you can get is your secondary role, but since you chose that as your secondary you should he and to play it, shouldn't you? Riot does say that promos are auto-fill protected, but that just isn’t true anymore. Maybe at one point they were but more times than not I’ve been auto filled in promos.
Rioter Comments
Noà (NA)
: We deserve better ranked environment during preseason
I agree. I messaged Riot Support right after the “IsItMeta?” people started plaguing Ranked and was told the only solution would be stop to playing Ranked during pre-season. Pretty pathetic when the only answer to something is to just “avoid” it. After being told that, I asked them if it was okay to leave a champion in an awful state gameplay-wise simply because you can “just ban it” and was ignored.
Moody P (NA)
: I don't see how tower plating is doing me any favors
You answered yourself, the champs you play just aren’t capable of performing well without applying more effort than the likes of an Aatrox. Either play every game as an uphill battle or pickup something that has an easier time.
: Imagine caring about winning ranked in preseason.
> [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JPXG4uMy,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-15T05:22:17.249+0000) > > Imagine caring about winning ranked in preseason. Ranked still counts towards next season placements. Why would someone queue to play something they don’t care about with no intention of winning?
: This is more sad than anything else. You're willing to give up your own free time and effort just so people will dislike you. You don't actually achieve any sort of result as far as Riot noticing. Not only are you an outlier, but you're just one player among millions no matter how much of your life you waste. I often wonder what kind of troubles you're having behind the screen for you to relish being a horrible person. I guess for most trolls being hated is the only way for them to feel powerful.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A3JjoEI7,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-06-08T23:39:45.129+0000) > > This is more sad than anything else. > > You're willing to give up your own free time and effort just so people will dislike you. You don't actually achieve any sort of result as far as Riot noticing. Not only are you an outlier, but you're just one player among millions no matter how much of your life you waste. > > I often wonder what kind of troubles you're having behind the screen for you to relish being a horrible person. I guess for most trolls being hated is the only way for them to feel powerful.
: I'm trolling in numerous games with not even a warning
> [{quoted}](name=jimmyjames109,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A3JjoEI7,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-08T22:29:19.908+0000) > > I’ve decided to troll until I quit and nothing is being done to stop me. I’ll make more accounts just to troll if this gets banned but it never does.
: NO. Ok sorry. I'll try not to do caps as I type this. But, the first few sentences pissed me off. I main fucking jg. Do you know how hard it is to even get your laners to leave lane when you're getting ganked in the jungle by warwick, yi, Sei, etc.????? There have been so many fuckin times where I'm mindin my own business in my jungle, and next thing I know, I'm being chased cause I'm low health. Pinging for help and running to the nearest lane. Only to end up dead and get accused of feeding. IT ISN'T MY FUCKING FAULT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE SAVED MY ASS WHEN I PINGED FOR YOUR GOD DAMN HELP. Sorry sorry. Sometimes it isn't even their jungler that finishes me off. Sometimes the lane I'm running to, to get help from their laner would leave my teammate for a quick second and come at me, killing me. The fact that we are now focusing less on junglers is extremely bad. Junglers need as much help as laners at times and not a lot of people realize that. They complain when they get ganked and their jg isn't around or near them to help. Now imagine how the jungler feels when they're tryna feed off the monsters to help their team, only to get ganked themselves. There is no equality here. The laners are fine. I main JG. If you have a JG like me, I'm more quickly to ward lanes over my own jungle cause I know how bad they need it, plus if a few jungle monsters get stolen that's fine. I'll just steal from them. The point is, I do what I can as a jungler to make sure my team stays safe and has enough vision in game to stay safe. I don't need help with a damn skuttle. What we need is something to keep junglers safe. They're the ones at a disadvantage because of all the walls and shit. It's harder to get away. So riot... FIX YOUR SHIT AND THINK ABOUT US JUNGLERS FOR ONCE. LIKE GOD DAMN. I'M TIRED OF FEEDING AND GETTING GANKED.
> [{quoted}](name=TsundereHeiress,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=23EJtU2E,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-17T18:03:03.002+0000) > > NO. Ok sorry. I'll try not to do caps as I type this. But, the first few sentences pissed me off. > > I main fucking jg. Do you know how hard it is to even get your laners to leave lane when you're getting ganked in the jungle by warwick, yi, Sei, etc.????? There have been so many fuckin times where I'm mindin my own business in my jungle, and next thing I know, I'm being chased cause I'm low health. Pinging for help and running to the nearest lane. Only to end up dead and get accused of feeding. IT ISN'T MY FUCKING FAULT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE SAVED MY ASS WHEN I PINGED FOR YOUR GOD DAMN HELP. Sorry sorry. > > Sometimes it isn't even their jungler that finishes me off. Sometimes the lane I'm running to, to get help from their laner would leave my teammate for a quick second and come at me, killing me. The fact that we are now focusing less on junglers is extremely bad. > > Junglers need as much help as laners at times and not a lot of people realize that. They complain when they get ganked and their jg isn't around or near them to help. Now imagine how the jungler feels when they're tryna feed off the monsters to help their team, only to get ganked themselves. There is no equality here. The laners are fine. I main JG. If you have a JG like me, I'm more quickly to ward lanes over my own jungle cause I know how bad they need it, plus if a few jungle monsters get stolen that's fine. I'll just steal from them. > > The point is, I do what I can as a jungler to make sure my team stays safe and has enough vision in game to stay safe. I don't need help with a damn skuttle. What we need is something to keep junglers safe. They're the ones at a disadvantage because of all the walls and shit. It's harder to get away. So riot... FIX YOUR SHIT AND THINK ABOUT US JUNGLERS FOR ONCE. LIKE GOD DAMN. I'M TIRED OF FEEDING AND GETTING GANKED. Well you play in a rank where nobody has a clue what they’re doing while also building and pathing like you have no idea as well.
Rioter Comments
: the stronger the region, the more toxic it is in most cases and it's no coincidence "toxicity" is really just people being competitive and actually caring about the game. if no one cared, there would be no emotional involvement and thus no toxicity. would you get mad if you lost in candy crush or something like that? most couldn't care less and in fact these rather extreme definitions of toxicity are turning people into casuals who no longer care about the game because they've been conditioned not to by Riot's own system. on this server, you can't even talk about builds or strategy without being considered a "flamer" or "negative" it's way beyond what used to be considered verbal abuse (personally attacking someone... not just gameplay related comments) or negative attitude (giving up on the game @ 5 min etc.) you can stay bad in your little "toxicity free" bubble or you can learn and let a competitive game thrive. the cuts and bruises to your ego will heal soon enough and you'll have grown from it both as a player and as a human being with a thicker skin. the more you try to censor and control people, the less people will want to play (especially serious games) or even to use chat at all. there is a mute button and only serious harassment/inting/afking etc. should be punishable. stupid shit like "ggez" or "your build is awful because it lacks void and they're stacking MR" does not qualify. the worst part is that the true ragers who instigate and harass for no reason can't even be called "pathetic losers" because that gets you into ban territory yourself. it verges on absurdity and it hurts the game more than Riot can possibly comprehend. the system is completely off the rails at this point and getting $ from new accounts won't save it from the damage inflicted long-term. right now it's actually punishing victims and serious players who CARE.
> [{quoted}](name=koochario,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EYGExWI6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-14T04:01:14.529+0000) > > the stronger the region, the more toxic it is in most cases and it's no coincidence > > "toxicity" is really just people being competitive and actually caring about the game. if no one cared, there would be no emotional involvement and thus no toxicity. would you get mad if you lost in candy crush or something like that? most couldn't care less and in fact these rather extreme definitions of toxicity are turning people into casuals who no longer care about the game because they've been conditioned not to by Riot's own system. > > on this server, you can't even talk about builds or strategy without being considered a "flamer" or "negative" > > it's way beyond what used to be considered verbal abuse (personally attacking someone... not just gameplay related comments) or negative attitude (giving up on the game @ 5 min etc.) > > you can stay bad in your little "toxicity free" bubble or you can learn and let a competitive game thrive. the cuts and bruises to your ego will heal soon enough and you'll have grown from it both as a player and as a human being with a thicker skin. the more you try to censor and control people, the less people will want to play (especially serious games) or even to use chat at all. there is a mute button and only serious harassment/inting/afking etc. should be punishable. > > stupid shit like "ggez" or "your build is awful because it lacks void and they're stacking MR" does not qualify. the worst part is that the true ragers who instigate and harass for no reason can't even be called "pathetic losers" because that gets you into ban territory yourself. it verges on absurdity and it hurts the game more than Riot can possibly comprehend. the system is completely off the rails at this point and getting $ from new accounts won't save it from the damage inflicted long-term. right now it's actually punishing victims and serious players who CARE. The mod refuses to answer this lol how pathetic. Early seasons you’d just get continuous stretched out chat restrictions, but now if you question anything wrong your team does you end up perma-banned. Competitive game btw, banter bannable btw.
: That certainly is the game. I didn't have fun in the slightest. Obviously my first time karthus I wasn't expecting to hard carry.
> [{quoted}](name=Unlimited Chill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7T3cVkeL,comment-id=00220000,timestamp=2018-05-10T20:24:03.932+0000) > > That certainly is the game. I didn't have fun in the slightest. Obviously my first time karthus I wasn't expecting to hard carry. I didn't say anything about you hard carrying or first timing. You complained about situations that didn't occur and didn't taken any necessary means to prevent him from snowballing. Champ isn't "op" just take the time to learn how to play against him and suddenly you're winning the matchup more.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7T3cVkeL,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-05-10T03:53:31.477+0000) > > Been waiting for a solution to Yas since last June when they brought up his rework due to an excessive ban rate. Then, runes reforged came out and they buffed him. For now its ban or dodge. > > Posted to Dev blog: > > Can you give some long overdue comment on the inordinate, overwhelming and growing amount of player feedback you continue to receive on {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}}? Some context and explanation which takes into account the high pick and win rate coinciding with the steady stream of buffs falling out of the clear blue sky would be a good start. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/YajXAkvP-zed-in-810 > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/rAmdFJlk-why-is-no-one-mentioning-tryndamere-and-yasuo-with-the-new-ie-changes > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Wswn4ezA-zed-his-lack-of-weaknesses-and-seekers-armguard > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/k6XY8tHe-the-zed-compensation-buffs-made-zed-worse-to-deal-with-while-fixing-nothing-about-his-late-game > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/tZjskxdn-40-true-damage > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Tq9MogFE-yasuo-and-his-ult-safety > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Z6nw2GUz-can-we-like-stop-indirectly-buffing-zed > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/7T3cVkeL-yasuo-hate-train http://prntscr.com/jg6q6v why is this happening in any high elo then? It's not the champ that's broken. It's that you don't know how to play against it. Go ask ANY high elo player.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7T3cVkeL,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2018-05-10T16:00:48.397+0000) > > http://prntscr.com/jg6q6v why is this happening in any high elo then? It's not the champ that's broken. It's that you don't know how to play against it. Go ask ANY high elo player. They aren’t capable of playing against him properly or building according to their matchup so they complain about a champ that performs horribly outside of low elo being “insane op.”
: Yasuo hate train
The game that caused you to post this was you (Karthus) vs a Yasuo. Windfall stops none of your abilities and you build 0 armor to even try to survive against him.
: Why the F*** the Ultimate skin wasn't given for toplane?
Clearly riot hates top lane because champs there don’t receive skins? Impressively stupid statement to make
: Is this too many Skins?
That's a nice pbe account
Jakoby (NA)
: I am very confused, so the blood sweat and tears I have wept to get out of Bronze to finally be in silver 4 has a possibility of going back to bronze with the new season?. If so I applaud you for being the ultimate Evil. I will probably cry. Phreak, RIOT did #Tonsofdamage to my sense of selfworth
You did it once, you can do it again.

Liquidify

Level 49 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion