GROMMI (NA)
: These people commenting on the boards are .... Seriously, lol. Low elo players looking at stats and not actually reading them. As someone who has ACTUALLY played with you in diamond 2 queue, I know your abilities. It looks like you won your lane the majority of the time or held even. Hey, boards, here's a tip -- If your jungle or mid loses, top is impacted too. You yield cs because you can be dove from their jg or mid roaming, so you fall behind in farm. jesus.. I shouldn't have to explain this, but there's a reason majority of population is struggling to climb.
> [{quoted}](name=GROMMI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AVqish3p,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-24T17:07:54.320+0000) > > These people commenting on the boards are .... Seriously, lol. Low elo players looking at stats and not actually reading them. > > As someone who has ACTUALLY played with you in diamond 2 queue, I know your abilities. It looks like you won your lane the majority of the time or held even. Hey, boards, here's a tip -- If your jungle or mid loses, top is impacted too. You yield cs because you can be dove from their jg or mid roaming, so you fall behind in farm. > > jesus.. I shouldn't have to explain this, but there's a reason majority of population is struggling to climb. High elo players thinking just because their arbituary rank is higher they're somehow more intelligent than the rest of the player base. *eye roll* I did actually read his stats. And I can see he is not roaming and projecting his advantages outside of Top Lane. That's literally the Top's job, get an advantage and begin to project that vantage by ganking mid and bot, or deep warding and stealing jungle camps. This is especially true if he's winning his lane, as you say he is. But, based on the numbers, it looks like he's either behind or just barely breaking even and just sitting top instead of trying to project any advantages he has onto his team. Top has so much influence on the map when played correctly, because of this. If he had a lower CS because he's roaming and trying to effect the map then it would show because he would have more assists, instead of zeroes in all but one game. If he's helping counter jungle by stealing jungle camps from the enemy jungler than it would show because the enemy Jungler would have a lower CS than his jungler, but that's not the case. You assume because I'm "low elo" that I don't understand how this game works or what these numbers mean, but you're wrong and pretty conceited. It's cool though, you're just going to ignore this fact because I'm "Low Elo." That's literally all you elitists have when faced with facts, but if you could keep your ad hominem attacks out of this then that would be great.
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AVqish3p,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-24T16:18:34.598+0000) > > You know what, I'll bite and break this one down for you. > > Game 1: > Olaf is 2/0/1 with almost double your CS and Gold Farm. He was the better Top and won. > > Game 2: > Quinn is 4/1/10 with more CS and farm than you, when you clearly (as seen from your lack of assists) just sat top lane and didn't help your team. She was the better Top and won. > > Game 3: > Jax is 2/3/5, yeah you have more kills but LoL isn't about having more solo kills it's about helping your team win. Again, you have 0 assists which shows you camped Top lane and allowed Jax to roam and help his team secure 5 additional kills. Yes, most of the work was Kha'Zix but you weren't doing your team any favors by allowing Jax to almost double your CS and Gold intake while also roaming. He was the better Top and won. > > Game 4: > Oh, hey, you finally left your lane and helped your team with 2 assists, good job. Small victories, yeah? This game was mostly decided by the performance of the Sivir, but, Illaoi still out farmed you and had more Gold. She was the better Top and won. > > > > All these games you're clearly the inferior Top Laner. You can't make the statement that Top is a bad carry lane when, based on what you've shown, all you do is camp Top and make no effort to carry or help your team. Game 1: rengar inted 4 kills pre 2 mins, afked and we opened mid. Game 2: I was against irelia, I won the lane, but my team fed every single lane. nothing i can do as garen Game 3: My team inted the shit out of kha. I played the best I could into jax, my hardest matchup, but kha was too fed for me to do anything Game 4: My bot lane was horrendous and fed their ass off.
> [{quoted}](name=CamilleSexAppeal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AVqish3p,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-24T16:21:23.066+0000) > > Game 2: I was against irelia, I won the lane, but my team fed every single lane. nothing i can do as garen I saw a Quinn and just assumed it was a Top. Sorry, allow me to amend my statement. Irelia has more kills, assists, CS, gold and less deaths. Result is still the same. Based on these screenshots, even if you're winning the lane phase, you're not roaming and projecting that advantage onto the rest of your team. That's what a Top is supposed to do, gain an advantage and press it elsewhere on the map. It's why they take teleport, so they have more map presence. It's not so you can port back to lane after backing.
: Proof that top lane is the worst carry lane in the game
You know what, I'll bite and break this one down for you. Game 1: Olaf is 2/0/1 with almost double your CS and Gold Farm. He was the better Top and won. Game 2: Quinn is 4/1/10 with more CS and farm than you, when you clearly (as seen from your lack of assists) just sat top lane and didn't help your team. She was the better Top and won. Game 3: Jax is 2/3/5, yeah you have more kills but LoL isn't about having more solo kills it's about helping your team win. Again, you have 0 assists which shows you camped Top lane and allowed Jax to roam and help his team secure 5 additional kills. Yes, most of the work was Kha'Zix but you weren't doing your team any favors by allowing Jax to almost double your CS and Gold intake while also roaming. He was the better Top and won. Game 4: Oh, hey, you finally left your lane and helped your team with 2 assists, good job. Small victories, yeah? This game was mostly decided by the performance of the Sivir, but Illaoi still out farmed you and had more Gold. She was the better Top and won. All these games you're clearly the inferior Top Laner. You can't make the statement that Top is a bad carry lane when, based on what you've shown, all you do is camp Top and make no effort to carry or help your team.
: Just learnt today that Age of empires online had been resurrected with a private server
Why would they do that? AoE II is so much better and still has a thriving community.
: Make a better punishment system for toxic player's. Some ideas to think about.
Read your whole post, and SMS account linking is the best idea you had. But I would go one step further and make it so only one account can be linked per number and a LoL Account can't be created without an SMS verification. I'm honestly surprised Riot doesn't already do SMS account linking. Shit, even Tinder does this.
Palindroma (EUNE)
: Its not fair....
You're currently above your hidden MMR rating, so the game is trying to push you down to where it believes you should be.
: Alright everyone let's see your Yuumi builds
I was thinking more of an AoE buff build. She's already designed around making her teammates stronger, so play to her strengths instead of trying to turn her into a burst mage. But, that's just me personally.
Rioter Comments
: autofill trash
Enjoy your eventual ban.
Manxxom (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nadiri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YrY4JMt6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-12T05:18:25.464+0000) > > Bronze is worse. In iron most people are new and nice while in bronze it is just full of salt Bronze is filled with people who try to climb so hard... Luckily I went through that horror and made it to silver... Worst part is silver is worse because those people are crazy about getting to gold so by losing one match they tilt 180 degrees. I am cutting down my ranked plays for a bit.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Apex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YrY4JMt6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-12T05:21:56.007+0000) > > Bronze is filled with people who try to climb so hard... Luckily I went through that horror and made it to silver... Worst part is silver is worse because those people are crazy about getting to gold so by losing one match they tilt 180 degrees. I am cutting down my ranked plays for a bit. Silver is so much worse than Bronze, because us Bronzies have accepted that we're bad and therefor try our hardest have good games so our team can win. Silver players are under the impressions that they're not also bad because they're "not Bronze," and thus rage at the slightest inconvenience. Every game that I have a flamer, inter, or just toxic person it's always a Silver.
: Naughtilus is not OP
He's a tank, not a carry, so he is useless if your team isn't winning. If your team is bad and can't take advantage of your CC and engages he will feel pretty useless. Nautilus requires a team around him to win. The thing with Nautilus is, unless you get severely outplayed by the apposing support, you're going to win your lane and probably get your ADC fed. At that point you just need the other members of your team to not feed their asses off and just protect your ADC.
: Illaoi
Your team has to work together to CC and lock her down, which probably won't happen since she's already 19-3. But if your team can stall her long enough you all will eventually catch up in items.
: May I get banned?
If you're as addicted as you make it out to be, you'll just make a new account.
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: Most toxic elo in ranked?
I've never been above high Silver, but I can say the higher I go the more toxicity I see. Iron and Low Bronze was honestly pleasant, it wasn't until I started hitting Silver players when I saw genuine toxicity. But in normals whenever I run into a rager and flamer, they're almost always Platinum or higher. I think it's mostly because of ego. They're good enough to climb pretty high on the ladder, but they all feel like because they're plat they're gods gift to gaming.
Rioter Comments
: Council or Warband
I don't know what the differences are, I chose The Faceless because it sounded cool.
: can someone explain to me what this new "house" event is? i dont think i got the memo
> [{quoted}](name=Akali Prime,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Goerbmwr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-03T21:25:35.493+0000) > > i know what the houses are and what they stand for but... Shit, I don't even know this much. They just popped randomly for me, no explanation.
Terozu (NA)
: The new logo animation is even worse.
> [{quoted}](name=PaffWasTaken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i45TVFM0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-03T08:19:17.362+0000) > > Did they just put longer nails on the hand and made it mode feminine for "gender equality"? When a company is so afraid of appearing sexist, they go so over board and just end up highlighting the fact that they are. LOL
: Why can't I climb if I am consistently playing well?
It's a team game, not a single player game.
: I'm Leaving The Boards
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Z687IPB,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:32:53.713+0000) > > Quinn Isn't quinn a little undertuned right now?
> [{quoted}](name=Deliberate Inter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Z687IPB,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2019-04-30T18:33:11.328+0000) > > Isn't quinn a little undertuned right now? Yeah, that's the point, he was asking for a champ to ride down to Iron 4 > [{quoted}](name=Deliberate Inter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Z687IPB,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T18:35:39.279+0000) > > I mean, a lot of people have lightning fast reflexes in RANKED GAMES with good spacing, timing and they play in inteligent pockets. It isn't like how in norms i'd just trade on people when they missed an ability or went for a CS. I have an APM tracker running when I play LoL and I average 200 apm in laning and 402 in teamfights and I can say some of my competitors are MUCH cleaner than I am. It's a bit daunting It's less about making a lot of Actions Per Minute and making the RIGHT Actions Per Minute.
: League is a game as a service
I'm not watching an hour long youtube video, sorry.
: I recently turned Bronze 4, was Iron 4 four days ago, do you have any champion suggestions for me to return home Top main btw
> [{quoted}](name=Galaxyburstz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Z687IPB,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-30T03:08:16.101+0000) > > I recently turned Bronze 4, was Iron 4 four days ago, do you have any champion suggestions for me to return home > > Top main btw Quinn
1Nebula1 (NA)
: Kayle Definitely Isnt broken or anything
You hyper carried as a hyper carry? Whaaat?
: Can someone explain this to me?
His Phoenix Stance did a small amount of AoE damage to you.
SnupRawr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lord Apex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kEx0EUPq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-29T03:47:46.882+0000) > > What if they were scared that someone on the enemy team was going to pick that champ before you do. If hes a yasuo onetrick hes got no chance in draft :3
> [{quoted}](name=SnupRawr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kEx0EUPq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T04:49:15.266+0000) > > If hes a yasuo onetrick hes got no chance in draft :3 He's a Quinn That's usually the best way to climb, though. One trick one champ that's almost never banned and master it.
: It's because MOBA genre itself is phasing out.
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t1Tjk0Au,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-28T19:31:44.056+0000) > > It's because MOBA genre itself is phasing out. This is true, MOBA was the FOTM genre for a while, now people have moved onto Battle Royales. Who knows what it will be after that.
: I CAN'T GO ANYWHERE IN FEAR OF PEOPLE THAT WILL SPOIL END GAME.
I hate break this to you, but.... Snape kills Dumbledore
Nirvanâ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=smBTBMeg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-27T05:06:18.962+0000) > > The CSing issue can mostly be chalked up to latency, especially early on in the game when you need to wait for the creeps to get lower to CS them and having good latency plays a larger role in last hitting. Basically, what's happening is your client is temporarily out of sync with the server (this can happen for any number of reasons), so server side the creep is already dead but client side you're seeing you hitting the creep for kill damage. > > Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if LoL uses Spell Batching since it's an older game (It would actually explain some of what you're experiencing). How Spell Batching works is when a spell or attack is made against anything, it goes on the "batch" or "stack" for that target. The server refreshes and reads all the stacks only so quickly, so if a lot of spells and attacks are applied almost simultaneously they will be applied to the stack and read in the order they were applied once the server refreshes and reads the stack. This is how you get stuff like both Junglers smiting a low health Dragon and both smites going on CD but only 1 Smite dealing damage. This would also explain the CS issue you mentioned, you attacked a low health target, but simultaneously the creep was damaged by another source and was placed on the stack before your attack. Server refreshes, reads the sources of damage, kills the creep and you don't get credit because the creep had already died before the stack resolved. > > This is all assuming LoL even uses Spell Batching. Since it's an older game it just might. dude that sounds EXACTLY like what I've been seeing and yea it seems like its only at the very start of game mostly.
> [{quoted}](name=Nirvanâ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=smBTBMeg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:57:01.213+0000) > > dude that sounds EXACTLY like what I've been seeing and yea it seems like its only at the very start of game mostly. Yeah, it's probably Spell Batching or latency.
youthere (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dBuRjq59,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:32:34.869+0000) > > They are lazy because for some reason a lot of normies are still playing this shitty game so they don't need to do anything to improve their product. Also MOBA is a dead genre, so it's too late to make improvements. If by dead genre you mean, still one of the most played genres in the world, aside from Battle Royals which are losing players themselves... then... uh... I guess you have a point.
> [{quoted}](name=youthere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dBuRjq59,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:40:12.993+0000) > > If by dead genre you mean, still one of the most played genres in the world, aside from Battle Royals which are losing players themselves... then... uh... I guess you have a point. People playing it doesn't determine if it's dead. There's no new content or games being introduced to the genre outside of the few (2 really) games that are already established. The MOBA genre is dead and slowly decaying as LoL and DOTA 2 get older and players move on.
: Confused
Tribunal is no longer a thing. And based on the last thread you posted that got deleted, I can't imagine how you of all people would possibly receive a chat ban... {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
Nirvanâ (NA)
: Anyone else notice this?
The CSing issue can mostly be chalked up to latency, especially early on in the game when you need to wait for the creeps to get lower to CS them and having good latency plays a larger role in last hitting. Basically, what's happening is your client is temporarily out of sync with the server (this can happen for any number of reasons), so server side the creep is already dead but client side you're seeing you hitting the creep for kill damage. Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if LoL uses Spell Batching since it's an older game (It would actually explain some of what you're experiencing). How Spell Batching works is when a spell or attack is made against anything, it goes on the "batch" or "stack" for that target. The server refreshes and reads all the stacks only so quickly, so if a lot of spells and attacks are applied almost simultaneously they will be applied to the stack and read in the order they were applied once the server refreshes and reads the stack. This is how you get stuff like both Junglers smiting a low health Dragon and both smites going on CD but only 1 Smite dealing damage. This would also explain the CS issue you mentioned, you attacked a low health target, but simultaneously the creep was damaged by another source and was placed on the stack before your attack. Server refreshes, reads the sources of damage, kills the creep and you don't get credit because the creep had already died before the stack resolved. This is all assuming LoL even uses Spell Batching. Since it's an older game it just might.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fOAXeM6W,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-26T20:37:03.235+0000) > > I don't think 'fruitiest cake' is the right way to describe effeminate men and is borderline homophobic. We have vague male enchanters - Bard, Rakan, Ivern and Taric. all my gay and straight guy friends call each other fruit cakes all the time when we do something "girly", yet we are not homophobic. I have never looked at that word to be insulting or homophobic so I dont know what you are on my dude {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fOAXeM6W,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-26T21:15:32.730+0000) > > As a gay, I don't really agree with this, and it's that kind of line of thinking you have that can cause language and such to warp to extremes. It's not a major offense, and it's not even really a minor offense, so it shouldn't be treated or classified as such. > > That said, Taric is an enchanter. The rest, not so much. Rakan functions more off of his CC and poke, he's much more aggressive than enchanters are. Bard and Ivern are just weird, and exist in their own classification since their kits offer a crazy amount of utility that swings them between multiple categories and yet anchors them in none. > [{quoted}](name=lovealert,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fOAXeM6W,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-26T20:41:21.157+0000) > > all my gay and straight guy friends call each other fruit cakes all the time when we do something "girly", yet we are not homophobic. I have never looked at that word to be insulting or homophobic so I dont know what you are on my dude > > {{sticker:vlad-salute}} Whoa, wait, you mean you're not offended by these words that may or may not have been aimed at hurting you?! WELL, gentlemen, allow ME to be offended FOR YOU! #triggered Welcome to today's society, mates.
Besteau (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Esn6UpY8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:31:49.455+0000) > > I'm of the opinion that the higher you climb, the more toxicity you encounter. I started out in Bronze IV, and had nothing but pleasant, hard fought, games among other low Bronze players. Then I climbed out of Bronze IV and started getting matched with Silver players... things went downhill quickly. Now it seems every other game I have an AFKer, flamer, or inter... and coincidentally it's always a Silver player. I had frustrated bronze folks, but generally they were sweet. Low silver is toxic, but high silver is pretty nice so far. Low gold is alright, but you start to see difference in skill in high gold in my opinion. Hope you get where u want to be in ranked this season.
> [{quoted}](name=Besteau,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Esn6UpY8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:41:33.737+0000) > > I had frustrated bronze folks, but generally they were sweet. Low silver is toxic, but high silver is pretty nice so far. Low gold is alright, but you start to see difference in skill in high gold in my opinion. Hope you get where u want to be in ranked this season. Honestly, as long as I'm enjoying the game I don't care where I'm ranked. In Bronze IV I was having a blast, games were close back and forth battles that could have went either way, and everyone tried there hardest and didn't rage. Low Silver sucks, it's always a one sided shit stomp either because of an int, afk, or rager.
Besteau (NA)
: Whats the highest LP gain you've ever gotten?
I'm of the opinion that the higher you climb, the more toxicity you encounter. I started out in Bronze IV, and had nothing but pleasant, hard fought, games among other low Bronze players. Then I climbed out of Bronze IV and started getting matched with Silver players... things went downhill quickly. Now it seems every other game I have an AFKer, flamer, or inter... and coincidentally it's always a Silver player.
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T13:42:07.826+0000) > > Try clicking on the picture, bud. Okay so I removed all the junk that wasn't necessary and while it's true Steam does have some more "necessary" features (who the hell cares about Badges?) Epic has most and is comparable to Blizzard's service which NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT which is why I toss the "muh features" talking point in the trash. People just aren't being genuine. http://magaimg.net/img/7u7w.png > Doesn't change the fact that they're giving developers a way to try and dupe customers and hide bad reviews. This is clearly not consumer oriented behavior. While possibly true, it isn't by any means "rigging" and no one is being "duped." In actual stores you do not see reviews of the games next to the game itself. You haven't denied that it takes a few seconds of thought to understand why a publisher may decide to not enable reviews of their game which makes it another silly complaint imo. If Epic had 0 reviews at all that for games that would be very suspect, but I find it very neat Epic offers publishers the ability to not show any reviews if they chose such. > That article is referring to the android store, yes. But it's the best listing of articles describing EGS that I could find. EGS has already been confirmed to be a part of The Epic Games store, do your research before blindly backing something. > https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/ You should read that reddit post you linked because it mentions nothing malicious of the Epic Store. The person just put "spyware" in the title for clickbait imo. Here's a great post in that link below. It will be italicized for our reading pleasure. _"Nothing here is "spyware". I suggest you do a comparison with Steam itself, you might be surprised. Copying the steam friends information, ok, you might not like the behavior. But categorizing this like spyware because you don't happen to like the company is idiotic. Remember Battle.net years ago? They where actively searching the hard drives."_ > There's a huge difference between a developer selling their own games and having their own launcher, and a third party company trying to monopolize IP's. Epic Games is not monopolizing IPs. Epic Games is getting a timed-exclusive which is common on consoles.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:04:02.727+0000) > Okay so I removed all the junk that wasn't necessary and while it's true Steam does have some more "necessary" features (who the hell cares about Badges?) Epic has most and is comparable to Blizzard's service which NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT which is why I toss the "muh features" talking point in the trash. People just aren't being genuine. Battle.net is Blizzard exclusive. A Game developer developing their own personal launcher and downloader is incomparable to a Third Party megastore. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:04:02.727+0000) > While possibly true, it isn't by any means "rigging" and no one is being "duped." In actual stores you do not see reviews of the games next to the game itself. You haven't denied that it takes a few seconds of thought to understand why a publisher may decide to not enable reviews of their game. Another silly complaint imo. If Epic had 0 reviews at all that would be very suspect, but I find it very neat Epic offers publishers the ability to not show reviews if they chose such. Why do you consider giving developers the ability to try and hide bad reviews from their customers a good thing? That's so anti-consumer. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:04:02.727+0000) > You should read that reddit post you linked because it mentions nothing malicious of the Epic Store. The person just put "spyware" in the title for clickbait imo. Um... I question whether you know what the definition of "Spyware" is... EGS is logging processes and information from your computer and hard drive and sending it to (presumably) Epic Games. Where your information goes after Epic Games has it is anyone's guess. It does not tell you that it is taking this information, it does not tell you what it is taking, it also does not tell you where it is sending it. This is spyware by definition. If you're cool with information being taken off your system and sent to god knows where, that's on you. But don't put EG on a pedestal and act like they're god's gift to the gaming industry merely because they give an extra 18% to developers, while they're actively stealing information off people's computers. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:04:02.727+0000) >Epic Games is not monopolizing IPs. Epic Games is getting a timed-exclusive which is very common on consoles. A temporary monopoly is still a monopoly. BL3, for one year after it's released, can only be purchased on The Epic Games Store. That is a monopoly on BL3.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hypochondria9,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-04-26T13:18:53.780+0000) > > All these nerds can do is downvote you Colonel, they have no argument but "Epic is bad because I said so" True.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T13:47:31.110+0000) > > True. I literally broke out, in detail, why EGS is terrible and should not be used. It's obvious you didn't actually do any research, though. You just read article headlines and jumped to conclusions, because you don't actually want to be educated you want to remain ignorant in your opinions.
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:41:10.911+0000) > > Table showing all the features that the different online stores provide. Epic Store clearly provides the least. > https://i.imgur.com/GkxM758.png Do you have a better quality picture? More features is not necessarily better so I'd like to cross out all the dumb ones. > They've rigged their review system so developers can turn off reviews, thus preventing customers from easily seeing if a game is bad and not worth purchasing. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8wq0Enemds That's not "rigging" and if a company disabled ratings on their game it would only take some quick thinking to understand the game was poorly received or to look online for game ratings. I myself don't trust Steam's ratings and prefer something like Metacritic > The Epic Store has EGS, which is classified as malware. Basically, it logs your information and spies on your computer and relays all the information to Epic Games and eventually Tencent. >https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0pnl1/egs_and_malware Are you spreading fake news on purpose? This concerns the Android store. > Epic Games is using shady business practices and "Store Exclusives" to essentially bring the petty "Console Wars" that have been going on for a decade to PC. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1BPXicNEw What "shady" practices and why should PCs be free of store exclusives? No one minds Blizzard having their own client for games. Makes it hard to believe people are being genuine with that talking point when they don't care when Blizzard does it. The only semi-valid critique of the Epic client is the lack of a few features.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:56:19.637+0000) > > Do you have a better quality picture? More features is not necessarily better so I'd like to cross out all the dumb ones. Try clicking on the picture, bud. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:56:19.637+0000) > That's not "rigging" and if a company disabled ratings on their game it would only take some quick thinking to understand the game was poorly received or to look online for game ratings. I myself don't trust Steam's ratings and prefer something like Metacritic Doesn't change the fact that they're giving developers a way to try and dupe customers and hide bad reviews. This is clearly not consumer oriented behavior. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:56:19.637+0000) > Are you spreading fake news on purpose? This concerns the Android store. That article is referring to the android store, yes. But it's the best listing of articles describing EGS and how it logs your system, if it does this to Android it will also do it to your computer. Here is a breakdown of exactly what it's stealing from you. https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/ > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:56:19.637+0000) > What "shady" practices and why should PCs be free of store exclusives? No one minds Blizzard having their own client for games. Makes it hard to believe people are being genuine with that talking point when they don't care when Blizzard does it. There's a huge difference between a developer selling their own games and having their own launcher, and a third party company trying to monopolize IP's. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:56:19.637+0000) > The only semi-valid critique of the Epic client is the lack of a few features. You're an Epic Games fanboy, I get it. But don't willingly blind yourself to all these glaring problems.
: Good Guy Epic Games
Epic Games Store is trash, and I'll explain why. Table showing all the features that the different online stores provide. Epic Store clearly provides the least. https://i.imgur.com/GkxM758.png They've rigged their review system so developers can turn off reviews, thus preventing customers from easily seeing if a game is bad and not worth purchasing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8wq0Enemds The Epic Store is essentially malware. Basically, it logs your information and spies on your computer and relays all the information to Epic Games and eventually Tencent. First article is showing all the stuff EGS is pulling off your computer without even telling you that it's doing it. Second is a series of articles explaining how the EGS and the Fortnight launcher infected android users with Malware. https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/ https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0pnl1/egs_and_malware/ Epic Games is using shady business practices and "Store Exclusives" to essentially bring the petty "Console Wars" that have been going on for a decade to PC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1BPXicNEw TLDR: Yes, more money to developers is nice, but it does not outweigh the negatives of using The Epic Store.
: So you want an Aatrox revert ?
You mean turning him into a shittier Riven DIDN'T work and pissed people off? What, No?! > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GPrxcEeu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-24T12:21:33.907+0000) > Won't help however, you'll either like what they've done or hate Riven 2.0, Riot aren't changing him back. I wouldn't even call him Riven 2.0, more like Riven 0.2.
: How the hell im filled with silver II in my team?
Byproduct of having Matchmaking based on MMR and not Rank. Your rank is really just there to make you feel good, it doesn't actually represent anything, unfortunately.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Liquidone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhjdI3fW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T00:17:20.536+0000) > > This isn't true. > > File a ticket with Riot. If I were you, I'd try and make an impression in the ticket, otherwise they'll just say no. It is 99% true.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhjdI3fW,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T00:27:39.157+0000) > > It is 99% true. Never hurts to ask, could be that 1%
LaceUpXX (NA)
: No.
> [{quoted}](name=CallMeTheSheriff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhjdI3fW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T00:13:57.839+0000) > > No. This isn't true. File a ticket with Riot. If I were you, I'd try and make an impression in the ticket, otherwise they'll just say no.
Spotty (NA)
: tired of people voting NO during surrender
I've voted no to surrenders at 20 minutes because someone on the team equated losing first to losing the game. We came back and won.
Kiyoshiz (NA)
: I did a full copy pasta of what was given to me. There were no redactions here, and I don't see that anything I said was flame of any sort. I'm not asking to be absolved, and I'm definitely not saying I did absolutely nothing wrong. I was definitely heated and annoyed that I had two team mates openly flaming and blaming everyone else. But I refrained from flaming them, unless providing actual relevant facts about the game state is now considered flame?
> [{quoted}](name=Kiyoshiz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jOJ18y2U,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-21T22:05:38.975+0000) > > I did a full copy pasta of what was given to me. There were no redactions here, and I don't see that anything I said was flame of any sort. I'm not asking to be absolved, and I'm definitely not saying I did absolutely nothing wrong. I was definitely heated and annoyed that I had two team mates openly flaming and blaming everyone else. But I refrained from flaming them, unless providing actual relevant facts about the game state is now considered flame? So, basically how the banning system works is you need to get enough reports to flag your account for viewing (a lot like how the Tribunal worked). So what this means is you've received enough reports in past games to flag your account. They send you this chat because it was the most recent, straw that broke the camels back sort of thing. TLDR: You're looking at this as an isolated incident. Look at your behavior and how you act over multiple games.
Kiyoshiz (NA)
: Well this is a first for me.
Other people being shitty doesn't absolve you of your own actions. I never understand why people don't get this. If he's flaming you, and you flame back, then YOU'RE BOTH flaming and could be banned. It doesn't matter who started it. Mute, report, and move on.
Quáx (NA)
: Out of curiosity
It would be too difficult to enforce, since the game is free and creating a new account is simple. It's just one of those necessary evils of playing a F2P game.
: Riot WHY JUST WHY
How do you only have 79 CS at 30 mins....
Show more

Liquidone

Level 38 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion