: There should be a non-random All-Mid mode
I am pretty sure ADAM Customs on the Howling Abyss are still a thing
: Believe it or not, {{champion:131}} was intended to be an AP diver and not assassin. She was designed in a way that kept her in the fight, but Riots design philosophy over the years have yielded her to becoming an assassin since she simply doesnt have the tankiness to sustain through all the burst these days.
Its not just that, that spread the nonsense idea of her being an Assassin. Its the fact that full AP with a Lich bane combined with her passive and R double tap bursted so hard that it became "the build" for her. Since the philosophy was even if you die as long as you deleted the priority threat it was worth it. Makes me sad as a player who loves fighter DIana. Its even worse now in the current Burst meta.
: What's the actual excuse of TD Yasuo?
Yasuo was the DJ. He is some World Class music producer who made the beats for the song. Not a singer. On that note, he didn't need to be in the group. I honestly would have preferred Bard. Straight reference to Daft Punk or DeadMau5. Also this is kinda a similar situation to Kaisa last year, people bitching she didn't sing or really have a part. Where as if you actually read the K/DA profiles you learned she was a high level dancer and was the choreographer for their dances.
Mártir (EUW)
: Riot... The promised Zilean skin... When? 1 Month left...
While a new Zilean skin would be nice, I would rather get a model update more.
: So riot them twisted treeline rewards..... what the hell?
> [{quoted}](name=ilikecookies1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lrXXG06M,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-07T08:20:30.575+0000) > it feels like fortnite where when it was releasing it was gonna be save the world type of deal base builder game then when pubg brought back Battle royales they hopped on it and forgot about their current game and the goal of it as it became more focus on battle royale. God, I hate what Fortnite has become. I bought a founder's pack because I really liked the idea of Save the World, but then Battle Royale happened and well it basically doesn't exist anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WIliOENa,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-06T17:20:25.645+0000) > > ap malphite is a low elo phenomena and sucks ass in higher ranks what rank has to do with that when its all about the champ?
Its more about AP Malph being easy to deal with, as long as you play smart. People in low elos tend to not adapt when dealing with AP Malph. Though its not just tied specifically to low elo, idiots will be idiots regardless. It just takes 1 person in a game to feed him and he becomes more difficult to deal with. Note not impossible, just more difficult.
Moody P (NA)
: ap malphite is a low elo phenomena and sucks ass in higher ranks
That moment when you agree with Moody P https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/226/672/5da.jpg
Rioter Comments
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: In the old days of League, he played like a true squishy mage. His AP scalings were good and his spellvamp (through ult) was clearing waves of minions or champions pretty handily. Sure, he had better mana scalings but the mana from items was far less abundant than what we have today. I'm privy to his Frozen Heart + Banshee's Veil days but playing him full AP (with Morello's Evil Tome and old Will of the Ancients), was very good. But you still could not get away without a bit of mana in his kit due to his spells costing a fair bit for the spellcasting upkeep.
That's just it though he built 2 tank items because of the mana and having WotA and his ult for spellvamp did make him tankier. Taking less damage and sustain both contribute to tankiness. I remember quite well late game ryze being capable of just standing there slinging spells without a care.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: My best version of Ryze was his oldest version with Spell Flux bouncing between him and an enemy champion. This skill was not fair in a 1v1 for sure but at least then he was a squishy mage with an actual damage boost R. I wish Riot reworks Ryze into a squishy mage like he used to be. I don't like him playing like a tanky AP champ and still dealing 1k crits to minions with one EQ combo, which translates rapid fire consecutive EQs that deal 500 damage each to champions that dare group up. I think the whole point to Ryze being so successful is that putting ranks in his ult gives him passive damage boost on Q through Spell Flux. Which means that he's not reliant on his ult to do damage, that all comes from his basic cit and he's encouraged to spam as much as possible, without a worry about his mana pool.
Uh, what are you talking about? Spell Flux Ryze still scaled on mana and Frozen Heart and OG Banshee Veil were standard pickups on him. He was definitely tanky, hell I would say even tankier then now. Mainly because Banshee was still a tank item at the time.
: Call me Cadence, you heathens! lol
Bârd (NA)
: So you needed a DJ skin for True Damage...
I am so glad that I was not the only one who that of Bard instead of Yasuo. He literally could have been a reference to artists like DeadMau5 and Daft Punk. Definitely could have been legendary too. Just imagine all his chimes and sound effects being replaced by sounds from across the EDM spectrum. Like his ult could be a drop. Granted it would only really work for the long range ults, but just imagine throwing it out hearing this building beat and as soon as it lands.... DROP. They could have had a lot of fun with such a skin.
: We need to get Kled into a Southern Rock band.
> [{quoted}](name=Scarefish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sqFETHfa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-30T22:00:16.734+0000) > > We need to get Kled into a Southern Rock band. Kled being the face of anything would hilarious.
Rioter Comments
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordForrest,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=0007000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T22:17:22.429+0000) > > One problem she isn't a carry champion. She is a pick and harass champion that is capable of bursting people because of the Damage Amp on charm. As long as she has her ult and the safety her Q brings (both range and the heal) and her passive, she isn't going to get any unnecessary damage buffs. > > Also in regards to calling the Ahri I preferred weak, that is only in the context of the ridiculous burst meta we are in. When the game was slower paced and teamfights could last like a minute and poking before hand was good she was strong. Honestly I can't remember a single time that Ahri was ever in the dumpster, sure there are times where she's not broken or top tier, but she is always a good pick. Ahri currently does less damage than other mages. Thus she is in the dumpster currently, and have always been since season 5 rework. My def of dumpster may be different from yours. If a carry champ does no damage. Then the champ is a dumpster champ. Picking potential? Other mages do way better. So she is dumpster in that regard as well. She will always be a dumpster pick as long as she lacks damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=00070000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T23:35:15.716+0000) > > Ahri currently does less damage than other mages. Thus she is in the dumpster currently, and have always been since season 5 rework. > > My def of dumpster may be different from yours. If a carry champ does no damage. Then the champ is a dumpster champ. > > Picking potential? Other mages do way better. So she is dumpster in that regard as well. > > She will always be a dumpster pick as long as she lacks damage. I am done talking to you, you clearly are delusional about Ahri. She doesn't lack damage nor is she in the dumpster. Just because she isn't S-tier or broken doesn't mean she is trash. You clearly don't understand what it means to be dumpstered as a champion. Then again judging by your demands and tone from this thread that I have read, you clearly won't be happy until Ahri reaches the same status that Kassawin had when he had like a 90% ban rate.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordForrest,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=00070000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-29T07:17:28.470+0000) > > Ok I rewatched it. Rakan had a shield pop up. The only things that hit Rakan after the charm landed was 1 foxfire and both parts of Q and technically electrocute. That single foxfire and a full Q amp with Electrocute almost killed Rakan if he had landed the charm first Rakan would have been dead. > > So I again I am not understanding why you keep insisting she is weak. Nobody should be able to 100-0 a champion in a full rotation, let alone only part of one. Yet she all most did and would have if she hadn't messed up. > > Also on the edit I was talking that I hate playing Damage Amp Ahri, I always preferred her as a caster (i.e. full cdr, rylai's, and just poke them down and then pick). Not that I hate playing against Damage Amp Ahri. > > So I again I am not understanding why you keep insisting she is weak. Nobody should be able to 100-0 a champion in a full rotation, let alone only part of one. Yet she all most did and would have if she hadn't messed up. > What kind of response is this. It is not what you THINK should be how it "SHOULD" work but how it is how it SHOULD work because every other champ can do this. Syndra can do this, Lux, Orianna, Annie, Leblanc, like every burst mage can burst Rakan there. Why cant Ahri do the same? That is why I say you are 100% wrong. Also, even if the first part of the foxfire is amped, it wont give the extra 200 damage to finish rakan off. At this point, her W will do around 220 damage without amp, with amp it will be 40 damage more. This is also because magic resist that will reduce it to around 30 more damage. In the end of the burst before the heal, Rakan had around 200 hp left. Her W is not enough to finish him off. The Ahri that poked down and attacked is one of weakest Ahri ever. She did absolutely no damage, and anyone could play her to decent lvls because she can escape everytime. Why do you prefer the version that is weaker, less damage, easier to play, over a little big more damage, and harder to play? The old Ahri couldnt even carry either. It would be fine if she scaled lategame so that her casting abilities can make her win alone in teamfights with her abilities. However, that was NOT AT ALL the case. She did no damage lategame. Her Q is trash weak late. And almost never hits unless you charm them, but you also cant one shot them. How is that good? Not sure why you prefer the easier and trash ahri, so current Ahri is also trash since she has the same problem as caster Ahri of lacking damage. So I am saying to bring that strength back to Ahri so that she can actually be a viable champ as a carry champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=000700000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-29T10:49:47.583+0000) > > So I am saying to bring that strength back to Ahri so that she can actually be a viable champ as a carry champ. One problem she isn't a carry champion. She is a pick and harass champion that is capable of bursting people because of the Damage Amp on charm. As long as she has her ult and the safety her Q brings (both range and the heal) and her passive, she isn't going to get any unnecessary damage buffs. Also in regards to calling the Ahri I preferred weak, that is only in the context of the ridiculous burst meta we are in. When the game was slower paced and teamfights could last like a minute and poking before hand was good she was strong. Honestly I can't remember a single time that Ahri was ever in the dumpster, sure there are times where she's not broken or top tier, but she is always a good pick.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordForrest,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T23:42:48.598+0000) > > Ok, I slowed it down and again 2 major things that contributed to the Rakan living. > > 1. He was shielded during the burst. > > 2. Literally everything lands then finally throws charm with only the second half of Q benefiting from the damage amp. > > So yeah, not properly executing the combo and Rakan being shielded are not excuses for unnecessary Ahri buffs. > > Edit- Just for clarification I despise Damage Amp Charm Ahri and wish they never brought it back, but she still doesn't need buffs. Especially as long as she has current Charm. I much preferred caster Ahri over burst Ahri. Who sheilded rakan during the burst? Didnt see any sheild when i watched it in .25x time. Everything does not land after her charm, clearly u see her w landing after her charm lands. Ahri casts her charm AFTER her Q, not before it. Ahri did land everything during that charm amp, well maybe not her ulti damage, but her ulti is not meant for damage anyway. Ahri was a 5-0, and rakan was 1-4, Rakan gained a sheild from his rune, and even without that rune, it seemed that Rakan woulda survived. Ofc, Ahri does lack damage, other mages would have easily bursted rakan there. One example would be lux. So you agree she DOES lack damage right? Also for your edit, people ofc hate champs who can do plays, and actually carry games. It is natural for people to like to play against champs who will just lose cuz of their very weak kits. It is like facing against a champ who you know lacks a lot of damage. I dont get how it is fun to play against a very weak champ and find it enjoyable. So as opponent, you can wish anything, enemy will only want her to be bad anyway. Helps you so much more when playing against one. Just seems really hypocritical to me that you try to justify Ahri having low damage because it is what you prefer, but you dont want to say she lacks damage when she does. With what you say, every single champ in game needs their damage toned down significantly, but you dont care. You rather keep that one champ down cuz you want to have easy time against it. You do know how much it hurts for my champ's identity to be taken away in order to make the champ for beginners to play right? Probably dont. Ahri is the only champ who was changed from difficult champ into a beginner champ, and had her entire kit lose damage for it. Just because riot wanted to label her as a safe champ. From the video, it is clear Rakan should have died. At least against any other mage he would have died. But he did not. However, you refuse to see it from other champ, but from Ahri, and even then Ahri did execute that almost perfectly that even your eyes cant catch it, and try to focus on tiny things that may or may not have happened. The thing is, everything did land, and Ahri was fed, rakan was behind, rakan gained sheild from his own rune, as a behind champ, that sheild would have been too weak to block anything, shoulda been too weak, but only for Ahri it will have an impact. So you agree she does lack damage COMPARED TO other mages. Right? Syndra, Veigar, Lux, etc. Because of people like you lowering other champs to your pleasing to just have your enjoyment, this game will never be balanced. Oh, and people like this makes up the balance team. For balance team, it is buisness. Making ahri into beginner champs prob brought them more money than maintaining their loyal playerbase. The playerbase stayed, many quitted though, but those who quit prob didnt even buy her skins. Sad how Ahri was forced into some beginner champ to be used as a selling products towards new comer. Sad she could not be that good damage mage like any other mage. Edit: Ahri can easily be a caster mage as well. Caster mage does not mean the chamo needs to do little damage. Mages in general have high damage in their spells, and they sacrifice it for less safety. Ahri can lose her safety and be a sort of caster mage by changing her W into some skillshot.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T02:28:57.372+0000) > > Who sheilded rakan during the burst? Didnt see any sheild when i watched it in .25x time. > > Everything does not land after her charm, clearly u see her w landing after her charm lands. Ahri casts her charm AFTER her Q, not before it. > > Ahri did land everything during that charm amp, well maybe not her ulti damage, but her ulti is not meant for damage anyway. > > Ahri was a 5-0, and rakan was 1-4, Rakan gained a sheild from his rune, and even without that rune, it seemed that Rakan woulda survived. > > Ofc, Ahri does lack damage, other mages would have easily bursted rakan there. One example would be lux. So you agree she DOES lack damage right? > > Also for your edit, people ofc hate champs who can do plays, and actually carry games. It is natural for people to like to play against champs who will just lose cuz of their very weak kits. It is like facing against a champ who you know lacks a lot of damage. I dont get how it is fun to play against a very weak champ and find it enjoyable. > > So as opponent, you can wish anything, enemy will only want her to be bad anyway. Helps you so much more when playing against one. > > Just seems really hypocritical to me that you try to justify Ahri having low damage because it is what you prefer, but you dont want to say she lacks damage when she does. > > With what you say, every single champ in game needs their damage toned down significantly, but you dont care. You rather keep that one champ down cuz you want to have easy time against it. > > You do know how much it hurts for my champ's identity to be taken away in order to make the champ for beginners to play right? Probably dont. Ahri is the only champ who was changed from difficult champ into a beginner champ, and had her entire kit lose damage for it. Just because riot wanted to label her as a safe champ. > > From the video, it is clear Rakan should have died. At least against any other mage he would have died. But he did not. However, you refuse to see it from other champ, but from Ahri, and even then Ahri did execute that almost perfectly that even your eyes cant catch it, and try to focus on tiny things that may or may not have happened. > > The thing is, everything did land, and Ahri was fed, rakan was behind, rakan gained sheild from his own rune, as a behind champ, that sheild would have been too weak to block anything, shoulda been too weak, but only for Ahri it will have an impact. > > So you agree she does lack damage COMPARED TO other mages. Right? Syndra, Veigar, Lux, etc. > > Because of people like you lowering other champs to your pleasing to just have your enjoyment, this game will never be balanced. Oh, and people like this makes up the balance team. > > For balance team, it is buisness. Making ahri into beginner champs prob brought them more money than maintaining their loyal playerbase. The playerbase stayed, many quitted though, but those who quit prob didnt even buy her skins. > > Sad how Ahri was forced into some beginner champ to be used as a selling products towards new comer. Sad she could not be that good damage mage like any other mage. > > Edit: Ahri can easily be a caster mage as well. Caster mage does not mean the chamo needs to do little damage. Mages in general have high damage in their spells, and they sacrifice it for less safety. Ahri can lose her safety and be a sort of caster mage by changing her W into some skillshot. Ok I rewatched it. Rakan had a shield pop up. The only things that hit Rakan after the charm landed was 1 foxfire and both parts of Q and technically electrocute. That single foxfire and a full Q amp with Electrocute almost killed Rakan if he had landed the charm first Rakan would have been dead. So I again I am not understanding why you keep insisting she is weak. Nobody should be able to 100-0 a champion in a full rotation, let alone only part of one. Yet she all most did and would have if she hadn't messed up. Also on the edit I was talking that I hate playing Damage Amp Ahri, I always preferred her as a caster (i.e. full cdr, rylai's, and just poke them down and then pick). Not that I hate playing against Damage Amp Ahri.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordForrest,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-28T21:15:04.587+0000) > > Well first of you need a better GIF, and slowed down view of it, but that would probably defeat your agenda. > > As far as I can tell Rakan was both shielded during your damage and healed immediately afterward. Also looks like not all of the foxfires targeted him nor did you land the charm first. So not really surprised. Rakan healed after Ahri bursted. Sorry for not so clear video, here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIp5v2j4PM 19min 46sec is good place to see this. Rakan had about 200 hp left, and was healed after that. So I think this concludes it right? :)
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XEi8WMJx,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-28T21:25:00.264+0000) > > Rakan healed after Ahri bursted. > > Sorry for not so clear video, here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIp5v2j4PM > > 19min 46sec is good place to see this. > > Rakan had about 200 hp left, and was healed after that. So I think this concludes it right? :) Ok, I slowed it down and again 2 major things that contributed to the Rakan living. 1. He was shielded during the burst. 2. Literally everything lands then finally throws charm with only the second half of Q benefiting from the damage amp. So yeah, not properly executing the combo and Rakan being shielded are not excuses for unnecessary Ahri buffs. Edit- Just for clarification I despise Damage Amp Charm Ahri and wish they never brought it back, but she still doesn't need buffs. Especially as long as she has current Charm. I much preferred caster Ahri over burst Ahri.
Ahris (NA)
: Can Ahri get a new W?
Well first of you need a better GIF, and slowed down view of it, but that would probably defeat your agenda. As far as I can tell Rakan was both shielded during your damage and healed immediately afterward. Also looks like not all of the foxfires targeted him nor did you land the charm first. So not really surprised.
: I found FIDDLESTICKS suitable instrument for his Login Theme Song
Audhulma (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordForrest,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wzc6w9yN,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-10-21T23:34:29.725+0000) > > I am eternally sad that they removed "On the Prowl" from the game. Honestly I died a little on the inside when they reworked her to be a jungle, so I never really pay attention the hidden passive change.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wzc6w9yN,comment-id=001500000000,timestamp=2019-10-21T23:56:22.766+0000) > > Honestly I died a little on the inside when they reworked her to be a jungle, so I never really pay attention the hidden passive change. Even though I was a Jungle main, I hated Nidalee getting targeted to become a jungler. I always preferred lane Nid.
Leetri (EUW)
: ARAM accounts have little to nothing to do with that, there's not as many as you want to believe. The reason you keep seeing the same champions is because of rerolls and the bench. You never see Udyr because no one will keep him unless no one on their team has any rerolls or they're an Udyr main, but you'll see Lux every time she's rolled because she's great in ARAM. The only way to make it "actually RANDOM" is to remove rerolls, remove the bench, no bans, and make it so you can't just dodge to get a new champion. If you get Udyr you have to play Udyr, no ifs or buts. And people will absolutely hate that, because they're all for "diversity" until they're forced to play something they don't like.
I would be totally ok with no rerolls, bench, and definitely no bans because that was the true experience of ARAM. Anybody who play ARAM before the queue was added would know that. You chose to join the custom game and you were expected to play the champion you got unless someone was willing to trade with you. That was most of the fun trying to make the wacky comps you got work. It was obviously big to, even with those "negatives" seeing as Riot took it and made a Queue out of it and a new custom map for it.
: No I've only played ARAM in season 9 and it's actually overall pretty good except akali and kaisa having insane buffs.
Oh you sweet summer child. Nothing beats when ARAM was customs on the Murder Bridge. So much fun. Don't get me wrong, I like that ARAM was given a queue and its pretty much all I play anymore when ever I decide to log back into League, but current state pales in comparison to the seasons past. Honestly instead of Microbalancing or bans they need to just unlock the whole champion pool for ARAM. Would pretty much solve the only real issue with the mode, which is people with fragile egos who make ARAM accounts just to abuse shit. Never use to be a problem in the beginning.
Audhulma (NA)
: IIRC Taric had the highest base AD out of all champions for years. Nidalee used to give champions extra XP on minion kills if they were near her and were lower level than she was.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wzc6w9yN,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-10-21T21:57:31.655+0000) > Nidalee used to give champions extra XP on minion kills if they were near her and were lower level than she was. I am eternally sad that they removed "On the Prowl" from the game.
: Do you have that one Skin you want most but you can't get because it's unavailable?
Black Alistar. When Alistar got updated, that skin went from basically a chroma to awesome. Silver Kayle too. Also Victorious Sivir and OG Pax Sivir purely because those are the only skins of hers I don't have and I want them to complete the set.
Dynikus (NA)
: https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/landscape/nidalee-leopard.jpg It's the only nidalee skin I don't have {{sticker:sg-janna}}
Lol that's one of my favorite skins to use on her. Got all of them, but still like using that one. Word of advice reroll unwanted skins, RNGesus may bless you.
: Death Sworn includes Reaper Soraka, Underworld Wukong, and Reaper Hecarim. It should include Underworld TF too but he's listed in Trick-or-Treat for some reason. Trick-or-Treat includes all the general Halloween skins.
Okay, but my point that the skinline has nothing to do with the Harrowing still stands.
Terozu (NA)
: Harrowing Skins Harrowing is the edgy "Real Monsters" lines, like Deathsworn or Zombie slayers. Halloween are the cutsey and fun trick or treat skins.
See that's what is confusing me. You are using harrowing to refer to the more scary skins. I associate harrowing with "The Harrowing" and that is no longer apart of October. So basically just a misunderstanding do to word choice.
Terozu (NA)
: We typically alternate between harrowing and halloween skins.
Can you clarify what you are calling the harrowing skins? Because if you are referring to the Death Sworn line, they aren't. That was apart of Tales from the Rift. Its an AU skinline about a death cult.
: The "Death Sworn" skins are the Harrowing skins, I believe, and we got some in 2017.
No, they were the second year of Tales from the Rift. Its an AU skinline about a death cult. Have nothing to do with the Harrowing.
Terozu (NA)
: Bewitching Morgana in the background of the base skin. And I think thats Bewitching Janna based on her pumpkin cat's presence. Kind of odd theyre skipping Harrowing skins in favor of another halloween one.
Uh, the Harrowing hasn't been a thing for like 5 years. They dropped it because "WORLDS", then a couple years later decided it would be Tales from the Rift. Which pretty sure ended up dead anyways again because "WORLDS". So basically they just do _spooky_ skins around Halloween because its expected, but they only really care about "WORLDS" anymore.
NB money (NA)
: It didnt become the final skin cause it doesnt look like zoe nor does it fit the league aesthetic.
Seeing the skin in vacuum, I could see people not getting that it was supposed to be Zoe, but in League Zoe is the only option.
Rockman (NA)
: have people forgot about the duck in SR?
No, its my forever icon for a reason
: I mean that's subjective. Personally I think he's too Silver Foxy...
> [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jId5AL1A,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-28T18:26:15.631+0000) > > too Silver Foxy... I disagree, when I think Silver Fox I picture something like this https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EP2_IA_62393_R.jpg not a bishounen.
: If you're recalling the one I remember, it was a "is it this or that" kinda question, in which someone gave the non-response of "Yes", which looked more like a meme answer to me. I unno though.
Yeah that was a meme response, but someone else later on gave an actual answer to the question. Unfortunately at that point it was kinda buried compared to the attention the meme response got.
: > Don't forget that he is fucked in the head and doesn't understand emotions. So he is under the impression that he is in love with Zed, and that the best way to show that love is to stab him in the back and take his position. I'm gonna need a source on that one ha
While there are the lines as someone else pointed out. I was referring to AMA they did just before he was released. It got mentioned in one of the answers, because of course someone asked if Kayn was gay for Zed.
: So is it just me or is Kayn secretly just someone's DeviantArt OC?
Don't forget that he is fucked in the head and doesn't understand emotions. So he is under the impression that he is in love with Zed, and that the best way to show that love is to stab him in the back and take his position. Bonus points for the fact that Yaoi fans blatantly ignore the mental issues Kayn has to declare KaynxZed as cannon. ######No offense to Yaoi fans, but dear god does your fandom have a massive amount of horribly written trash.
: AP Malphite is annoying, and im not sure how to lane against him.
Well since you are are talking about AP Malphite specifically, don't engage him. Literally just play safe and farm. AP Malph is reliant on cheesing people to get ahead so he can even function. He is literally about the 1-shot combo and if he isn't ahead enough to do it, he dies fast with little impact. Playing safe boils down to not pushing the wave and not letting him get close enough to Q you down. Even if he ults you under tower, he shouldn't be able to kill you if he hadn't hit some Qs earlier. Otherwise harass the fuck out of him during the early game, never let him have his passive up with out having to basically be out of range of the minions to get it. He's pretty mana hungry early, melee, and his waveclear both sucks and is risky in the early game.
: > [{quoted}](name=ShyImagoghnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWuo8TlZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T22:16:39.783+0000) > > "LC$ bigplays" is a dead meme. > > zed's dead, baby > > long live azir and corki In what world is Azir not big plays?
> [{quoted}](name=MorgManBasher,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWuo8TlZ,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-14T01:35:47.272+0000) > > In what world is Azir not big plays? In the world where they didn't choose to prioritize his Insec ult capability over his ranged minion dps fantasy.
Kai Guy (NA)
: I did. Your canceling a lock out on movement with orb walking. Each locked out fractions of a second on moment adds up, if throwing out multiple non walked autos results in losing the ability to put up damage your disadvantaged. Its a core mechanic for melee and ranged champions. The exact value varies off how bad animation lag after damage is not all champions are equal here. Do you need me to show you a video comparing orb walking vs standing still with a attack command to show the massive impact it makes on some ones ability to kite/chase? I feel that's unnecessary, it should be visible in games with {{champion:22}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:18}} Watch orb walking videos, its about "animation canceling" the lag animation for your autos. Your welcome to make up a new term for it but even how you chose to define the mechanic shows you understand it cancels animations. > > the bit of animation that gets skipped > just cutting it a bit short > All you are doing is skipping the unnecessary (according to the code) recovery phase animation Which leads me to your attempt to re-define the term. > Secondly animation cancel is the act of preforming a technique without playing the requisite animation Well Riven plays the animations still, her animation canceling is about cutting out the animation lock out, its in a very literally sense the exact same thing your doing with orb walking. You remove fractions of a second off by interrupting lock out. Riven can do this multiple ways, but most champions with an AA modifier has the ability to cancel animation lock out of many animations. Why is it done? To get rid of animation lag on her abilitys. That's it. The animations do become more clustered but they still exist, she's starting a dash, the Ki blast blasts out, her Sword enhances and grows larger. The animation lock outs are removed, the ability effects and animations are not invisible. Hit R, Buff applys, interrupt the remaining lock out animation with a command. Q has been used for mobility, interrupt the remaining animation. At no point is the impact of her animation canceling making the animations not show up visibly, if you need her to stand still in lock out to realize what skill she uses, that on you. Kiburst, R1 R2 Q1-3 and Dash all have very clear indications of what's being used if your paying attention. If you don't, that's not the champions fault but yours.
Uh, there is a difference between the animation and VFX. Yes you still see the VFX, but the intended animation that is meant to be played is skipped. That is huge, because what was intended as a limiting factor is completely ignored. That is what's not fair, skipping animations that other champions have to deal with. I understand what the purpose of orbwalking is, but you still aren't animation canceling in the classic sense. All you are doing is issuing a manual move command and then issuing a manual attack command instead of letting the game run the process automatically. Yes, this saves time for the purposes of kiting and chasing, but the animation still plays. All you did was minimize the downtime between attacks and movement. EDIT- Better say this to clarify things even more, animation canceling is about canceling animation lock outs (I.E. animation that you can't control and must complete before control is given back), while orbwalking skips an animation phase that you have control of the character during. You even said it yourself about Riven canceling her animation lock outs, but again that is not what you do during orbwalking.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Skipping unnecessary animations sounds like the dictionary definition of animation cancel. Thou orb walking in Dota all stars also had to do with aggro control if my memory is reliable.
Did you even read what I wrote? First of, the bit of animation that gets skipped during orbwalking is like less then one sixteenth of the total animation. So you aren't canceling that animation just cutting it a bit short. Secondly animation cancel is the act of preforming a technique without playing the requisite animation. You literally skip the animation, but still activate the effects of the technique. Usually done by overriding the longer and/or locked animation with a shorter and/or mobile one. EDIT- Also animation canceling isn't used to skip "unnecessary animations" its used to skip lengthy animations that (in the fighting games where it started) were risky to pull off because they gave your opponent too much opportunity to retaliate. Especially if you missed. That shouldn't be a thing in League.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Always has been. Cancelled auto animations with movement commands to provide higher mobility has been in the game.
Uh, orbwalking isn't animation canceling. The auto animation still plays. All you are doing is skipping the unnecessary (according to the code) recovery phase animation. On the other hand Riven and certain other champions are capable of completely skipping the animations while still using the ability, which is bullshit.
mack9112 (NA)
: Nobody wants to first time a champion in that way. Also who are these people who have aram only accounts ? In my 7 years of playing this game never met one.
What? That was half the fun back before ARAM was made into a Queue. I have fond memories of ARAM customs with friends and learning champions sink or swim.
: Years back we had this same discussion. My thoughts on it have not changed. Instead of giving access to all champions, just pool the champions that the 5 players on the team have as available to pull. This would have the added benefit of being able to swap with any other team player. Right now, they have to have both champs to switch.
I like this idea, but anybody playing with me will be dealing with the entire champion pool anyways. So not much of a difference.
Shahamut (NA)
: What Skarner mains REALLY want...
Am I the only one that would actually prefer Skarner be reverted to his original kit? You know where charging Q give it a slow, his passive was cdr AA, e was a sustain tool. I miss that skarner. Trinity tank was stupid good on him. Yet he got reworked for being "feast or famine", which I say was bullshit.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bob the Toastr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc3q2V7w,comment-id=000100000002,timestamp=2019-08-22T07:34:03.138+0000) > > What if someone wants to play kalista or azir but isn't good at the game? Should they be forever doomed to lose the majority of their games simply because LC$ players can have voice comms and can play much better on that champ? > > Pros make up an incredibly small portion of the playerbase and should not be the metric for balance. Then they should attempt to improve. As a DOTA example: You wanna play Invoker well? Fine. Go for it. It's gonna be a hard climb but with hard work and diligence, you'll be up there and recognized as a really great Invoker player. This doesn't happen in League except for a select few champs. Most champs end up simplified so that everyone can play them. Azir, for example, had about a quarter of his mechanics removed JUST so he could be better balanced for Pro/PUG play. And it still doesn't work. Don't take away the hard work of others by letting everyone play a champ. Instead, make it so that the few who actually master the champ are sufficiently rewarded while those who aspire to be like them have a climb to take with a pretty big prize waiting at the top.
No, Azir was nerfed hard because in the hands of a master he was unstoppable. Literally the only agency the team playing against the Azir had was if he made a mistake. That is not how a champion should be balanced. Of course it doesn't help that they made terrible decisions in trying to tone him down. For instance, when they decided to double down on his Insec capability instead of focusing on the ranged minion DPS character that a large portion of non-pros wanted.
: Ahri has had her lore changed 3 times now. She desperately needs a model update. And to those who cry Ahri favoritism: Just look at her model, her tails specifically. They all come from random points on her back when they should all be coming from a single point at the end of her spine.
> [{quoted}](name=Ionian Vulpix,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LOn9acde,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-13T01:26:30.662+0000) > > Just look at her model, her tails specifically. They all come from random points on her back when they should all be coming from a single point at the end of her spine. That's because its the only way they look good while playing the game. I distinctly remembering a Rioter talking about how Ahri's tails are like that on the model because putting them all from the same point looked wonky from the game perspective.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anu3isII,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uGRfzPhs,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-24T17:27:02.635+0000) > > I personally believe a Tank should be able to punish a full AD team. After all, they skip one of their major stats (MR) and build as much Armor as they want. What do you mean by punish? Champs like {{champion:33}} will certainly punish a full ad comp, on the other hand i don't believe games should be won in the champ select, if you pick a tank into full ad team it should make it easier for you to itemize as it would for the rest of your team, which is why you don't go full ad or ap, but otherwise shouldn't just be a ff at 15 case for the other team
I mean, they chose to stupidly commit to a full ad or ap team. So let them suffer for their mistakes.
Ðïana (NA)
: While I agree that there's totally more important things.. It would literally take mere minutes for anyone with even a little competence to just tie the B key to the return feature. The feature already exists at the beginning of PvP rounds so it wouldn't require anything new other than adding in a line of code that says to activate that feature if a player presses B. If it weren't so simple, I wouldn't bother requesting it.
While simple in theory, not so much in practice. You don't know exactly how the code is setup, for all we know adding a similar line could cause a bug that randomly sells a players army. There is a plethora of potential screw-ups that could happen. Bug-testing takes time and since it is basically the bottom of the list in importance, it is unlikely to happen unless some programmer takes pity upon you.
: Thank you for pointing this out I was wrong to assume that's how it worked. I think I will give {{item:3009}} A go and see how much better it will be I was also thinking that {{item:3111}} would not only make the duration lower but tenacity works a a number of things as where swifties only works on slows in specific and the MR never hurts either. But I will 100% give swifties a try next I'm in this match up myself.
Honestly if you need the MR merc treads would be the better option. Just in the case that you don't really need the additional MR, Swifties would be the better option for specifically countering Wither. Mainly because the tenacity from Legend should be more than enough for most cases. Also doesn't hurt to have that extra movespeed either.
Show more

LordForrest

Level 76 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion