Era Teemo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=LuaDotExe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PFqxqBY8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-29T20:08:14.051+0000) > > But why? That seems kind of uncharacteristic/non-thematic for Omnistone's effect, and pushes it back towards the problematic behavior of Kleptomancy. I'm also not sure why you'd choose to do this instead of a simple numerical buff. > Some more explanation, please? ^^" They removed klepto based on reason "it gives too much gold" and now they want buff oministone because it is too weak. I gave suggestion because I love klepto, sorry :) This way oministone generate much much less gold than klepto
> [{quoted}](name=Era Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PFqxqBY8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-29T21:29:18.240+0000) > > They removed klepto based on reason "it gives too much gold" and now they want buff oministone because it is too weak. > I gave suggestion because I love klepto, sorry :) This way oministone generate much much less gold than klepto That's not the full reason, though. To quote: "the experience Klepto created for opponents, however—be farmed for gold by constant harass damage—has been rough, especially for ranged vs melee matchups. Removing gold as an incentive only left the moment-to-moment dynamic changes as Klepto's design core..." The issue wasn't the quantity of gold-- it was that being turned into a source of gold for the enemy felt bad. This brings back the problem, regardless of quantity. If you recall, the same blurb also mentions that they're trying to hone in on the idea of moment-to-moment changes. A return to gold generation as a Keystone would honestly probably do better as an entirely new Keystone, with an entirely new systrm-- but I'm not sure that would be great, because the issue was that being rewarded with gold for combat felt bad to play against, and all Keystones are combat-based (yes, even Unsealed Spellbook, to some extent). TL;DR: the problem wasn't the amount, it was that gold was being rewarded at all. If quantity was the issue, they would've simply nerfed it.
Era Teemo (EUW)
: Oministone buff
But why? That seems kind of uncharacteristic/non-thematic for Omnistone's effect, and pushes it back towards the problematic behavior of Kleptomancy. I'm also not sure why you'd choose to do this instead of a simple numerical buff. Some more explanation, please? ^^"
: Okay what the fuck is up with this jungle exp?
Some number of Seasons ago, we had Feral Flare and Devourer, which created gameplay patterns which consisted of "I farm until 30 minutes and then I come out and 1v5". Riot thought this was unhealthy (which it obviously was), so they nerfed it later on by taking out the items. Of course, people STILL just farmed it out until later on. Gameplay patterns which consist of not interacting with the enemy Champion and then suddenly wandering out ready to kill everybody isn't fun at all, so it was continuously nerfed to the point of having an overreliance of ganking heavily in order to get anything done nowadays. Luckily, they're reducing the need to gank so much next season. TL;DR: Riot, along with the community, agreed it was stupid to not have Junglers do anything for the first 30 minutes, so it was nerfed into oblivion. Jungle mains, forever ignored, were left in the dust and forced to gank excessively or lose the game. Neither extremes are fun, and we're currently sitting in the latter until next season.
: On Magical Disability in the Shuriman Empire
While I don't know anything about the specifics, I believe that the implication was "demented beyond recognition and turned grotesque", rather than "disabled". I also think that it would be absurdly painful for that to happen to you, and you wouldn't want to live on like that. You became, in the eyes of your society, an absolute failure. You went from "rising to honor of the highest magnitude" to "worse than a peasant" in a fraction of a second. I'm not sure on the specifics, but I'd assume rituals were available to be seen by the public-- or at least a few people-- in which case you not only have taken that fall, but have people to witness it. The important take away is that this is not only incredibly devastating to the mental health of the Baccai, but equivalent to breaking every bone in your body and then being dumped into a pile of flames. This is very different from losing a limb. Edit: To note: because Ascension was also voluntary, to fail would be absolutely crushing, which further feeds into the comment about "I came seeking the highest peak but instead lost everything" and what that would do to their mental health.
: Why cant you all just get along
There's a whole host of psychological reasons for it; I think that one of the key points is that the League of Legends community, however much they claim to hate the game, is _very_ passionate about it. It's easy to get emotional about something you're very passionate about. On top of that, the majority of people playing League of Legends are below the age of 21-- teenagers who are still growing, and will be experiencing lots of hormonal changes, which can lead to more aggression. That, paired with the prior, and matched up with the fact that other people in a video game are very difficult to see as real people, creates a pretty toxic atmosphere. People tend to also enjoy a "last word" mentality, where they will, rather than mute, engage them in fisticuffs galore-- or, in the non-nature sense, flame. This tends to be because they want to get the last punch in and shut them up, but it never comes-- only another rebuttal. Then again, though, humans are also imbued with fight-or-flight, and the anonymity of the internet probably causes us to lean into the "fight" more often than "flight". To continue off of the "anonymity" comment: subconsciously, because we're not face-to-face, the internet allows us to be very different than we are in real life. If you're a quiet student who and have nobody you like to interact with in the vicinity of 20 miles and don't talk at all but are incredibly social online and love the internet friends they know that live 5 states away, you know exactly what I'm talking about. People don't realize it, but the internet allows us to hold two faces-- and if you know anything about leading two lives, it typically means that you can get away with doing whatever you want, so long as the two don't interact with each other. Then again, though, it might just be me ranting on and speculating about the nature of humanity and doing more weird philosophical takes. Either way, I hope you find better teammates in your future games!
: How much does it take for someone to get banned for INTing?
If you report them then they'll get punished. All of my reports have turned into punishments. A couple things to keep in mind, though: - Only one report will trigger the system to look into the game! That being said, it will count the number of games in which the person was reported, in order to check for consistent toxic behavior. Them consistently doing it is more likely to get them punished than it being a one-off thing. - I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but I've been told you can talk to Riot Support about punishing users, if you remember the username. Just throw a ticket their way and see; not sure if it's correct, though.
Rioter Comments
5050BS (NA)
: Where does it say Senna does 35% less Crit? Her passive says that over crit stat is converted to LifeSteal at 35%.
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wqes0v6H,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2019-10-30T20:16:09.811+0000) > > Where does it say Senna does 35% less Crit? > > Her passive says that over crit stat is converted to LifeSteal at 35%. "Press [Shift] for more info".
: How to Increase Aatrox's Skill Floor Without Making him OP in High-End Play
I disagree with most of the changes, although the ideal goal is the same. My disagreement comes upon the fact basic flow of his kit focuses a lot on his Q, and his incredible skill floor comes from "you need to reliably hit the sweetspots of all of your casts of Darkin Blade". I feel as though your changes aren't targeting the correct areas where less-skilled Aatrox players are more likely to fail, and if I were to propose any changes to Aatrox, I would touch upon pulling away from how much he rewards higher skilled play in order to make him more consistent. One of the biggest hurdles of playing Aatrox is an aggressively unforgiving early game; it's pretty rough nowadays, and his late game is where he shines the most. Giving him more power early should make him more consistent and less likely to fail hard at the start of the game, while drawing some of his late game power away as it's the most problematic part in pro play and keeping his overall strength the same. Another possible option would be decreasing his healing in exchange for more raw bulk, this would hopefully reduce the dependence on dealing as much damage as possible to stay bulky and make him more forgiving. A third option would be reducing how much damage the sweetspot of Darkin Blade deals, although I'm not as much a fan of this as the others. If this were the option, I'd propose for the damage to either be pushed onto the non-sweetspot damage, or pushed onto the rest of his kit in the form of his passive and W. To return to your specific proposals: I will agree that Deathbringer Stance is important, but I don't think it's important enough to warrant replacing the duration indicator of World Ender. For both sides, knowing how long Aatrox's ultimate lasts is much more important than knowing when he gets an empowered auto attack, as it tells you how long Aatrox is aggressively powerful. If I were someone who is new to Aatrox, I know I'd much prefer the ability to know when I should be leaving the fight or keep going in, which are both heavily linked to the duration of World Ender. If I were an enemy, meanwhile, I'd like to know if I should be going in or if I should start running away because the duration is still going for quite a while. Because of this, changing the indicator to represent his passive would actually probably make him HARDER to play, along with harder to play AGAINST, and further cement his instability in low ELO and reliability in high ELO (low ELO players can't track that information as well, higher ELO players can). As a specific example: Vladimir's Q has an indicator, because his third Q has such a large impact on his gameplay. To reiterate what this means for Aatrox: I feel like the duration of World Ender is way more important for both sides to easily read than the cooldown of Deathbringer Stance, which is going to be up quite often in a teamfight where you're hitting 3-5 people with each Q and getting it up again almost instantly, where it doesn't mean anything anymore because it comes up so fast. The attack speed boost, meanwhile, would reward weaving in autos-- which isn't something low ELO players are doing very much of, and it's not something that happens often, since you should generally start off at a range and start gradually approaching them with each Q. Bad Aatrox players aren't going to weave in autos-- they're just going to spam Q in a general direction and hope it hits, which is why I'm against increasing his base attack speed. That, along with the fact that Aatrox is usually locked out of auto attacking because of his Q, makes me feel like it's not the right direction. If you were to put any power into his auto attacks, I'd recommend Deathbringer Stance, as it accomplishes a similar goal while being on one instance of damage, rather than several, and further enhance the feel it has as an amplified attack. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't think it's the best choice.
: What do you guys miss most from league?
Old Urgot was pretty fun, and I played the original Aatrox, too. I miss both of them, but I'm glad they're gone-- and the same extends to old Summoner's Rift. :p I also kinda miss Will of the Ancients, as well, along with Feral Flare and the AoE version of Guinsoo-- all of which were, again, justifiably removed. In more recent news, the Odyssey event was pretty great. Unfortunately, people didn't really like the PvE gamemodes, so Riot isn't likely to do them anymore. The thing I WILL be missing, though, is Twisted Treeline. It's what I played to level up to level 30 when I was still new to the game back in Preseason 4/Season 4, and I'm gonna miss it a lot when they remove it. :c
SiG DxD (EUNE)
: what if Aatrox's Q animation scaled with AS?
It'd feel pretty clunky, honestly. Imagine if Blitzcrank Q started off slow, and got faster with rank, until it was faster than it is now. That's a non-obvious gameplay pattern for something that matters a lot, and it messes with the way people dodge it and predict with it. Aatrox isn't really locked into any specific items, either, from what I recall. The dude's got 1-2 core items and boots, but that's the same as every other character.
Zemasu (EUW)
: "We are removing login screen so you can log in faster"
I have a running theory that the speed is the same, except all the time it took for the launcher to open for you to login, along with the loading screen to login, and while you were logging in, were all used to load the League client, while the Riot launcher is a separate entity that doesn't start up the League client, which leads to way more time during the login where it feels like nothing is happening.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Doesn't change the fact that they would want it to be the same in all languages, so they would have to get a hold of each of the voice actors for the champion and have that recorded. Sometimes they can't even get the same people back, so they have to cast a new person, and that would cause even more work. So you may look at it is small, but VO is a lot of work. The last time they had the VOs for Annie do stuff was when she had a VU in 2012, so it's pretty old as it is. They may have to go with something new sometime down the line when they update her audio overall.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zniEXuvc,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-18T03:00:18.145+0000) > > Doesn't change the fact that they would want it to be the same in all languages, so they would have to get a hold of each of the voice actors for the champion and have that recorded. Sometimes they can't even get the same people back, so they have to cast a new person, and that would cause even more work. > > So you may look at it is small, but VO is a lot of work. The last time they had the VOs for Annie do stuff was when she had a VU in 2012, so it's pretty old as it is. They may have to go with something new sometime down the line when they update her audio overall. Fair enough.
Sukishoo (NA)
: We don't know anything about the skin, plus it's already completed, so they won't change anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zniEXuvc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-17T20:50:18.303+0000) > > We don't know anything about the skin, plus it's already completed, so they won't change anything. It's just a small v/o tweak.
Rioter Comments
: [Skin Sketch] Dark Cosmic Syndra
You don't have to be so good at art you're making us look bad >:c But nah, jokes aside, this is great! Good job!
: looks gud to me, i fail to see why it has to be a darkin tho, why not just some ancient ascendant that hid themselves away during the wars when the rivers started drying up?
> [{quoted}](name=FlameHalbrdOkido,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=5gTEhog5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-15T22:53:41.192+0000) > > looks gud to me, i fail to see why it has to be a darkin tho, why not just some ancient ascendant that hid themselves away during the wars when the rivers started drying up? They don't necessarily have to be a Darkin, but they kinda just ended up as one somewhere along the lines. At the time, I had supported the decision of picking a Darkin because I felt the idea of "what was once no longer is" meshed up well with Darkin lore. Edit: Will probably be changed to some Ascended.
Rioter Comments
: Riot's Done With Re-Works, BUT....
This's been said before by others, but Riot isn't actually done with reworks-- they're just done with the AGGRESSIVELY NECESSARY reworks, which have been sitting around and have been most needed out of the rest of the cast.
: League 10 Year - Let's play some games!
LuaDotExe Is Twisted Treeline on the list ;w;
: Bring Us Your Bugs!! Celebrating 10 Years of LoL
I'd just like to preface this with a really big "thank you" for all the work you've all done over the years for this game. It's honestly a huge part of my life, and some people might think that's sad, but I'm REALLY PROUD OF IT. I'm part of a great community, and I get to say I was part of this. Anyhow: - Corpses still sometimes do that thing where when they enter vision they'll hop up into the air. - A well-known Meditate bug (thanks Cowsep) reduces the damage of a turret shot DRASTICALLY if you activate and then stop Meditate quickly. - You've probably gotten this one before, but sometimes Hawkshot's vision indicator (the eyes above their heads) won't go away. Not sure what causes it specifically. - I think this is more of an optimization problem than a bug, but me and a lot of my other friends consistently miss out on the starting carousel in TFT and are stuck in loading screen until the start of the first round. - Sometimes shop icons lighting up when you can afford the items don't update when the amount of gold you have changes. Not sure what causes it. - Not TECHNICALLY a bug, but it's kind of infuriating that Vel W and E are considered projectiles and are stopped by Yasuo's Wind Wall. I understand that's how it's programmed, and that Vel E shoots a projectile to the target location, but it doesn't read like a projectile and everyone looks at them like AoE abilities so I'm gonna consider it a bug because it's not working as the majority of people expect. - People still sometimes go to the stratosphere when knocked up during a dash. It's not very often anymore, though. - Daisy's AI isn't... great, and however much I hate Ivern, he deserves better. - Having spatula items in TFT often breaks the synergy list. - There's a trick that's been around for at LEAST a couple months, with red Trinket to get more wards on yellow Trinket more quickly. I'm both forgetting the specifics of it and forgetting the names of the trinkets. I'm pretty sure Zirene talked about it at some point.
: I doubt its intentional moreso than hard to implement. Most executes that show execute range are true damage or based on a percentage of something relatively static, like max health. Darius' dunk is physical and based off of enemy armor which can change mid fight. So having this indicator on a health bar that can constantly change positions just sounds like an eyesore
> [{quoted}](name=MikeSavage562,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=e3Qq0YxJ,comment-id=000400020004,timestamp=2019-10-13T22:37:16.200+0000) > > I doubt its intentional moreso than hard to implement. Most executes that show execute range are true damage or based on a percentage of something relatively static, like max health. Darius' dunk is physical and based off of enemy armor which can change mid fight. So having this indicator on a health bar that can constantly change positions just sounds like an eyesore Two things: - Darius R is true damage, not physical, so armor is completely ignored. The only actual fluctuation in a potential indicator would be the amount of Hemorrhage he's built up on the target. - Executes and this exact question were mentioned in an Ask Riot found [here](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/06/ask-riot-executes-and-ssg-skins/), where EndlessPillows states the following: > For Darius, a part of his gameplay revolves around the ambiguity of whether or not his ultimate will kill a target. It adds excitement to the spell and is a way players express their skill and mastery by learning the perfect moment to land a killing blow as soon as possible.
: Garen is too OverPowered
When it comes to Champions that are susceptible to being kited and mowed down by tank shred builds, Garen's probably the highest on the list. You can also punish his cooldowns early pretty easily.
: Because Karthus doesn't do true dmg.
It's less-so that it's because it doesn't do true damage and more-so that the _other abilities do true damage so that they become more consistent in how much damage you can expect them to output at any given moment_. Karthus ult isn't actually designed to act as an execute-- players just happen to have gone "well it helps us clean up kills I guess and it's got a huge cast time so we might as well just use it outside of combat to clean up low health enemies". It works well as a guaranteed execute, but that's not really the reason why it exists is, so it doesn't do true damage.
: What about Karthus? Enemies already have a chance to recover before it hits, why not give Karthus players an indicator?
> [{quoted}](name=The Harrowing,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=e3Qq0YxJ,comment-id=000400020002,timestamp=2019-10-09T06:16:46.965+0000) > > What about Karthus? Enemies already have a chance to recover before it hits, why not give Karthus players an indicator? For Karthus ult, I'd say it's probably because it's such a huge effect even if it doesn't kill (intense damage to the entire enemy team anywhere on the map), and it doesn't always have to kill the target to be maximum benefit-- especially because it's not really intended to only be used as an execute, unlike the others on the list. It just happens to work well as one, rather than being designed as one. On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why people decided to downvote you-- it's a perfectly valid question.
: > [{quoted}](name=LuaDotExe,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=e3Qq0YxJ,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-10-08T18:54:38.601+0000) > > Their lack of indicators is actually an intentional choice; Darius's, for example, is because they wanted it to be a skill test. Pyke's R can be missed, and Urgot's R can be missed as well; Darius's skill test comes from stacking up his bleed and then gauging whether or not it will actually kill them, which is important because it's a point-and-click ability. The same goes to Garen's R. > > The basic idea behind it is that there are some things you should know because it can lock you out of getting the MINIMUM out of the ability, while others shouldn't be given out freely because it'd consistently give players the MOST out of the ability. Thank you for a well structured comment, I had not thought about it this way and I appreciate explaining it without flaming.
No problem! Game design is my passion, so this kinda discussion is pretty fantastic to me. No reason to flame or be passive-aggressive if we're havin' a good time and all, right? :>
: So what about cho?
> [{quoted}](name=Vacant Shoes,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=e3Qq0YxJ,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2019-10-08T21:49:08.197+0000) > > So what about cho? My assumption is that Cho'Gath's is because he gains permanent stacks, and, while it does do a lot of damage, the emphasis is on the fact that he permanently increases in size and health, rather than the nuke. Adding in something to ensure you get aforementioned stacks more often than not makes sense, but that's honestly a pretty weak argument. I'm not 100% sure about Cho'Gath, so that's a fair point. I looked around a bit, though, and I saw somebody mentioning that Cho'Gath's R damage is always the same, but Garen's and Darius's fluctuate, which could add more visual clutter than Cho's. For Garen, you could probably do some convoluted calculation, which I'm too tired for, but. Meh? Riot could definitely do that, but Darius's falls to visual clutter because it changes based on the number of stacks, and I think the former idea, however weak it is, is still more plausible for the Garen VS Cho comparison.
: Adding lots of easy quality of life things like Urgot execute range, Pyke execute range, and now Sona resource bar? How about adding more, an execute range for Darius and Garen, a range indicator for Kog'maw with W activated etc. It's weird to only do these courtesy kind of helpful information given to a few champs when multiple could make good use of it
Their lack of indicators is actually an intentional choice; Darius's, for example, is because they wanted it to be a skill test. Pyke's R can be missed, and Urgot's R can be missed as well; Darius's skill test comes from stacking up his bleed and then gauging whether or not it will actually kill them, which is important because it's a point-and-click ability. The same goes to Garen's R. The basic idea behind it is that there are some things you should know because it can lock you out of getting the MINIMUM out of the ability, while others shouldn't be given out freely because it'd consistently give players the MOST out of the ability.
: Would you rather fight 100 potato-sized kittens or 100 kitten-sized potatoes?
Listen dude, all I'm sayin' is that I can eat a LOT of french fries.
: > [{quoted}](name=LuaDotExe,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=EyadkEet,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-28T07:43:27.131+0000) > > I'm still baffled you're able to do these kind of things. How long did this take? Haha, thanks :) That's a good question... That was done over the span of 3 weeks I'd say? 10 minutes for Fiora's part, 2h for Sivir's, then a couple of hours for each one of the other three parts. Add to that some more hours to think about how I'll put all that together, to have the parts be aligned frame-perfectly for the background sound to line up, and more again to deal with Sony Vegas being a pain at times. :D
> [{quoted}](name=NightWind42,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=EyadkEet,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-28T21:20:56.077+0000) > > Haha, thanks :) > That's a good question... That was done over the span of 3 weeks I'd say? 10 minutes for Fiora's part, 2h for Sivir's, then a couple of hours for each one of the other three parts. > Add to that some more hours to think about how I'll put all that together, to have the parts be aligned frame-perfectly for the background sound to line up, and more again to deal with Sony Vegas being a pain at times. :D Damnnn okay. Gj dude!
: Riot help, this is not lag, this is a bug
This sounds like you're receiving information but having trouble sending it. Yes, this is lag-- no, this isn't related to your FPS. Try an ethernet cable or something, since it seems to be your connection that's suffering.
: This time, I made Jhin, Orianna, Pyke, Sivir and Fiora play Undertale
I'm still baffled you're able to do these kind of things. How long did this take?
Tactorin (NA)
: Can we please have total mute and mute all emotes?
I agree that they need to add muting-- however, until then, you can still type the "/mute" commands into the chat. "/mute all" is a nice one, along with "/pingmute all". I'm sure the other is probably "/emotemute all", but I'm not sure. As always, you can replace "all" with a specific player's username. :P
: Pbe Login
Everyone wants to get into Teamfight Tactics-- that's about it. I've had 24 hour wait queues. Your elongated wait time is being caused by the sheer amount of people trying to get into the PBE at once.
: The House Triumphant
Surprised to see Council rockin' up in second place. I'm pretty sure ranking was based on missions completed, but what do these numbers specifically mean?
: Petition To stop the Sylas rework
Sylas is still an AP Bruiser, as he was intended to be since the start. They already fixed his passive scalings (the AD is just 100% as normal, AP scaling unchanged, base damage scales harder with level). The only real important change is that he's less bursty and now he's bulkier, with his E shield being stronger but only being on E2. More importantly, there was a time on the PBE when his passive had a 120% AD scaling, but the AP scaling was never removed like how Professor Akali says is the case at the start of the video. At the time the video was uploaded, the changes in it were already outdated, and from what I recall, the changes he said in the video, save for increased W healing and E2 giving shield instead of E1, weren't actually the case. A quick skim over Surrender @ 20 verifies this. It's not a rework, either. It's an adjustment. The only changes here are numerical changes, save for the change on his E.
: rework yi cuz 2 easy to play i ban him and im diamond 1 lol
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QKEwFciO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-30T07:54:47.008+0000) > > rework yi cuz 2 easy to play > > i ban him and im diamond 1 lol A rework won't change Master Yi's problems, because they'd have to keep the core idea of "dodge everything." People complain about Aatrox's rework being radically different, but he still at least maintained the "drain tank" identity. Removing "dodge everything" from Yi might as well just be the equivalent of removing Yi and adding a new Champion to the game with the same name and an entirely different purpose and kit.
Rioter Comments
iiGazeii (NA)
: What if Akali's Shroud only totally hid her from enemies outside it?
Akali's entire kit and gameplay fantasy relies on dancing through the shadows in close range to avoid enemies and get into the correct area. A 200-300 reveal range would legitimately destroy Akali and make the ability useless. Akali isn't even overpowered. She's just frustrating because, like Master Yi and Fiora, she's a Champion whose gameplay fantasy involves outplaying the enemy; Master Yi can feel difficult to do anything to due to Meditate and Alpha Strike, and Fiora can feel difficult with if you can't pin her down or play around her Riposte. Champions whose gameplay relies on outplaying the opponent will ALWAYS feel upsetting to play against, because it'll feel like they have an upper edge and can avoid anything you just threw at them. That also lends itself as to why Akali and Yi are seen as oppressive at lower ELOs.
Haziv (EUW)
: I VOTED FOR DR.MUNDO you? [2020future VGU]
I was originally gonna vote Nocturne or Fiddlesticks, but I got convinced to vote for Volibear. His niche is literally just "he's a bruiser that has disrupts movement and does damage to people," which is, uhhh... what every other bruiser in the game does, basically. His kit is super unengaging, which I know is a common thread here, but it's super unengaging and feels terrible for the Volibear player, too, since if you're behind, you can't run up to people, and if you can't run up to people, you can't utilize your kit. All the other characters are at least playable, too-- but Volibear is never played, he's never seen in LCS, he's never been a flex pick Mid in worlds because of his waveclear and roams, he's never changed an entire meta because of his ability to waveclear, he's never seen as this threat that can just come in out of nowhere, he's never heralded as a juggernaut that doesn't die because of his healing (despite the fact that he has that as his passive), and he doesn't even really work that well with his lore anymore, which is being updated as we speak. People pick certain Champions for certain reasons, and that's the goal of each Champion serving a unique purpose-- but Volibear doesn't have that. He's just kind of around. Also "demigod lightning bear" is totally fucking badass if done correctly.
: Sum up your last played champion with a single song.
- 80% Yi winrate. - Lose a game. - Still 80%, great. - Lose another game. - Get flamed by people I was queue'd with. - Said people are doing way worse then me. - 79% Yi winrate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOsck7jYUsE
ThePikol (EUNE)
: Grasp of the Undying should show how much health you got, not how many times you used this rune
As said above, clarity is always good! I think this'll probably be useful when comparing it to other Runes in order to figure out what's most optimal and such. There's no reason not to give us all the information, after all!
: i hate riot NEW logo
Nostalgia aside, in terms of actual marketing, their new logo is way too clean and cold for the feeling of "we're a company that listens to our player base" that they've been trying hard to build for a very long time. I think that's why it's so off-putting.
: Master Yi? Just CC him.
As a Yi main holy frick thank you. I play a lotta divers, and Champions with powerful CC are the reason my ban list typically excludes any kind of DPS Champions (Alistar is my default amt).
: Tertiary Rune Path
Besides the balance issues highlighted by Boltonator, the decision of choosing from 2/5 was a conscious decision, and the third minor Rune might actually add TOO MUCH choice, taking away from the decision-making involved.
SirEnds (NA)
: Can We Have an Update to The Darkin Lore?
I personally think there's enough info as it is; Darkin are former Ascended warriors that fought off the Void, became corrupted by it, and were then betrayed and entombed in their own weapons by an incarnation of the Aspect of Twilight. Ascended represent something specific, as well, and whatever the Darkin represented no longer exists.
Chronabis (EUNE)
: @ Riot about Aatrox
Okay, so, it goes without saying that they'd been working on reworking Aatrox for literal years. They mentioned things, such as taking him in the original direction of "turning the tides of battle," etc., and tried to keep his old W. After a REALLY LONG TIME, and many problems (which I'm not gonna highlight here), they basically said "this isn't working and this isn't worth it we need to start from scratch." To everybody that says they'd have liked Aatrox to remain an auto-based Champion, this is a reminder that Riot, a multi-billion company, working on their most anticipated and one of their most important reworks of all time, tried to make him auto-based and couldn't get it to work. Maybe that's a sign he's better off this way.
: Why is "fun had" not part of balancing the game?
They HAVE dumpstered people for being un-fun to play against in the past, which absolutely demolished Kassadin after the stunt thqt XPeke pulled and all the complaints about him being overpowered. Let's also not forget that they specifically reverted Rengar Q because Rengar mains said it sucked and wasn't fun, along with several other changes. That, tagged along with the concept of fun being subjective (I freakin' LOVE playing into Yasuo, but others would rather permaban), creates something that SHOULD be balanced around, but generally leads to more extensive changes to keep fun high while making everything else non-problematic. Fun is subjective, but balance is not.
Rioter Comments
: Someone please tell me how to win when your team feeds
My own mentality is something people disagree with, but I tend to just go "time to ask them to do X and explain briefly," and if they don't I just kinda conclude that I have to play well enough to make up for them. Most people disagree with me, I think, so whether or not I'm right is up for debate. Gl anyways, though!
Show more

LuaDotExe

Level 222 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion