Larriet (NA)
: Two things: How does it not mesh with her lore? If the lines are cringey, the problem is bad writing, period. Her being gay has no bearing on that.
> [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bAsciroU,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-25T18:07:52.705+0000) > > Two things: > How does it not mesh with her lore? > > If the lines are cringey, the problem is bad writing, period. Her being gay has no bearing on that. Her lore says she was chosen to be saved by her clan in order for them to go on, however her being a lesbian negates that as she has no chance of procreation. Why would they have chosen to save her of all people?
: Beating A Dead Horse (That Is Actually A Chameleon)
I've seen this in a couple of different threads but it actually also completely conflicts with her lore of being the one shapeshifter her clan chose to save to keep the species alive; why would they do that if she is a lesbian? She has no hope at reproduction. At this point it really WAS only pandering to the LGBTQ community.
: I don't really agree with OP entirely, but I'm going to have to argue that Neeko's sexuality doesn't exactly make her more rich or interesting. It's not integrated into her design. It's not good characterization. It's like she's gay just because. Varu's new lore on the other hand (even though I miss his old lore and think it never should have been changed) did make his/their(?) sexuality part of the story. For Neeko, Riot just basically went, "Oh yeah, and she's a lesbian. We representin'."
> [{quoted}](name=P0IS0N IVY,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bAsciroU,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-11-22T05:03:40.455+0000) > > I don't really agree with OP entirely, but I'm going to have to argue that Neeko's sexuality doesn't exactly make her more rich or interesting. It's not integrated into her design. It's not good characterization. It's like she's gay just because. > > Varu's new lore on the other hand (even though I miss his old lore and think it never should have been changed) did make his/their(?) sexuality part of the story. For Neeko, Riot just basically went, "Oh yeah, and she's a lesbian. We representin'." This ^ Varus can be gay and I have zero problem with it. Ahri can seduce anything that moves, MF can use sexuality as a weapon. Ez can flirt with Lux, because it's all integrated well and feels like a natural progression of the character. It almost feels like with Neeko, Riot made the character and AFTER she was made there was a round table board meeting where the higher ups said "you know what, she's gay now, we want more characters lesbians can relate to." And then they scrambled to change some voicelines so they could make it really obvious she was gay, except it doesn't really mesh with the rest of her lore, and a lot of the voicelines are really cringey.
: Anivia's Egg
You also have to take into consideration that Anivia is a ranged champion, in teamfights she should be in the backline and she can always have her team there to protect her rather than being right in front of the enemy team
Rioter Comments
: who's your favorite champion in terms of personality?
{{champion:427}} : I love how gentle he is, he's like an old grandfather {{champion:203}} : Everything about them is amazing {{champion:136}} : Smug, sassy space dragon who is awesome and knows it {{champion:240}} : He's so goddamn funny {{champion:154}} : Not much to be said about this one, I just like him hes a cool dude
darkdill (NA)
: Suggestions to improve Ahri: Let her Foxfire interact with her Charm in some way
Even if this COULD happen I feel it would just give her enemies a problem similar to that of playing against Zoe currently; namely that even if she can't land her charms worth shit as soon as she hits that lucky one, she will probably instantly delete you. It doesn't work in a fun way on Zoe and I don't want it to be repeated
: I have seen him a few times.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord of Math,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gWuhGf5H,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-02T19:20:47.995+0000) > > I have seen him a few times. It's wayyyy too rare tho ;x
Rioter Comments
quizotic (NA)
: Armor of the fifth age (I want {{champion:110}} and {{champion:23}} specifically) we need more pink skins on guys :(
> [{quoted}](name=quizotic,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fwkcxVtj,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-01-03T00:23:32.429+0000) > > Armor of the fifth age (I want {{champion:110}} and {{champion:23}} specifically) > > we need more pink skins on guys :( Braum would fit that well, too. He's got that whole shirtless Fabio thing goin on
: there is one consistency issue with the last jedi that no one has talked about yet.
I think if I were designing something like that, it could only ever be effectively used against planets, because as I understand the starwars hyperspace drives, they can pass through objects while using it. Something like the deathstar constantly moves around on the whims of the people piloting it so it would be hard to program a missile to hit a target thats movement is random. All the manned spacecraft are full of pilots who know their general or exact coordinates and how much time it would take EXACTLY to go from point A to B factoring extraneous factors. Guided missiles don't have that. Theres no human ability to correct errors in judgement on the fly.
AquariuSol (EUNE)
: Vandal Sailor I wish riot expends the Queen of diamonds and all the other skins that were in the splash art for example Prine of sapphires Taric Tango (Ez And Lux?) Atlantean (I love water theme skins!) Headhunter Shadow Urelated but i want riot to make dead space a skin line
> [{quoted}](name=TheMeowKiller,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fwkcxVtj,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-01-01T06:59:09.884+0000) > > Vandal > Sailor > I wish riot expends the Queen of diamonds and all the other skins that were in the splash art for example Prine of sapphires Taric > Tango (Ez And Lux?) > Atlantean (I love water theme skins!) > Headhunter > Shadow > > Urelated but i want riot to make dead space a skin line OH OH! TANGO XAYAH AND RAKAN
Rioter Comments
: Add one minimal change to a champion's ability or statline to make them overpowered
Bultz (NA)
: All I want is a hardcore brawler for a champion.
{{champion:14}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:24}}
: Which champion would you hang out with for a day and why?
{{champion:157}} ; God awful champion but cool dude, would be a nice drinking buddy
: i did see ^^ though i think the leak is fake ;w; but it still doesn't mean SG Taliyah won't happen :p
> [{quoted}](name=Elinz,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=I6doTh0z,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T15:44:55.008+0000) > > i did see ^^ though i think the leak is fake ;w; but it still doesn't mean SG Taliyah won't happen :p I believe it will!
: "Taliyah the Ultimate star guardian Queen of the first star" XDDD jkjk but i WISH xD
> [{quoted}](name=Elinz,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=I6doTh0z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-12-20T09:14:51.375+0000) > > "Taliyah the Ultimate star guardian Queen of the first star" XDDD jkjk but i WISH xD Hey, if you watched that Redmercy "leaks" video star guardian taliyah is supposed to be on it's way xD so hold out hope
: is it Possible to have someone with the same ip as you and be you're enemy in a ranked game
It happens alot more at higher ranks like challengerwhere the playerbase is alot smaller, but totally possible
: > [{quoted}](name=Lysdexic1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9KiRnYHz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-19T00:36:09.607+0000) > > Definitely get a good nights sleep, as my teachers always used to say if you aren't sure of the answer by now a small amount of hasty revision won't change that Yeah :/
At least with a good night's sleep you'll wake up refreshed and hopefully a little more alert mentally
: I'm nervous about my final accounting exam, GD
Definitely get a good nights sleep, as my teachers always used to say if you aren't sure of the answer by now a small amount of hasty revision won't change that
: I dunno about an ultimate skin but I had an idea for a legendary: Commando Shaco He is a soldier for this skin, same camo/sunglasses motif they have for the others His Q has him using his camo to blend in with the surroundings, I dont really know how you might portray this differently than his regular animation His W is a little landmine that pops up into a little mini soldier on a spring that fires an ak-47 at the target His E is a standard issue tactical knife being thrown His R whenever it spawns says "Reporting for duty SIR"
> [{quoted}](name=BillyMayes1,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=I6doTh0z,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-19T00:22:30.553+0000) > > I dunno about an ultimate skin but I had an idea for a legendary: > > Commando Shaco > He is a soldier for this skin, same camo/sunglasses motif they have for the others > His Q has him using his camo to blend in with the surroundings, I dont really know how you might portray this differently than his regular animation > His W is a little landmine that pops up into a little mini soldier on a spring that fires an ak-47 at the target > His E is a standard issue tactical knife being thrown > His R whenever it spawns says "Reporting for duty SIR" 10/10 would buy
: His base would look different as well. I just think that the base should look simple, so the upgrades make a bigger impact visually. Keep in mind: that the skin looks not completely different in his base is intended. Ultimate skins are supposed to show the champion in its strongest form. Showing Urgot after years of murdering and taking the best parts of his enemy's for himself fits that theme.
> [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=I6doTh0z,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T00:04:31.639+0000) > > His base would look different as well. > I just think that the base should look simple, so the upgrades make a bigger impact visually. > > Keep in mind: that the skin looks not completely different in his base is intended. Ultimate skins are supposed to show the champion in its strongest form. Showing Urgot after years of murdering and taking the best parts of his enemy's for himself fits that theme. Maybe call this skin Adaptive Urgot or something as the name of the skin?
: I don't know if adding lightning effects on your teammate is a good idea. I think ultimate skins shouldn't affect allies. In general the skin idea is not bad, though. But the next Ultimate skin should be a top laner, since it is the only position we don't have such a skin for. At least that is my opinion about it. ___________________________________ Now my own contribution: {{champion:6}} Inglorious Evolution Urgot Urgot still looks mechanical, but with a bit more armor and his design is without many details, plain and simple. However, whenever Urgot successfully shreds an enemy with his ult, he gets a token. A panel shows up which lets him chose between 5 options: - legs - armor - armcannon - mask (breather) - meatgrinder (These options might change, not confident in these choices yet) Choosing one of these options will upgrade it and change its design. How the body part is going to look like in the end depends on the **faction** the enemy champion belonged to (shown in the token). Basically, the thematic would be that Urgot is taking trophies from his enemy to enhance his own body with it, just like he stole his Chemtech augmentations from other people to strengthen his body. You killed Renekton and upgrade your armor? Congrats, you got a Shuriman golden plate armor! Did you shred Nautilus to pieces to get some new shiny legs? Here they are, pirate cannon legs! Additionally, there would be some special hidden design cases. For example: killing Kassadin and replacing your mask with the token will give you his breather (including sounds!). Killing Heimerdinger and upgrading the legs will change the design to look similar like his turrets. This skin would give alot of customization options and they are changing every game, depending on the enemy champion choices! I think it fits him well. He would look like random patchwork, but he is all about strength. He wouldn't care if the pieces don't fit together, as long as it makes him stronger. And these trophies show his strength to everyone encountering him.
> [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=I6doTh0z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-18T23:37:47.912+0000) > > I don't know if adding lightning effects on your teammate is a good idea. I think ultimate skins shouldn't affect allies. In general the skin idea is not bad, though. > > But the next Ultimate skin should be a top laner, since it is the only position we don't have such a skin for. At least that is my opinion about it. > > ___________________________________ > > Now my own contribution: > {{champion:6}} Inglorious Evolution Urgot > > Urgot still looks mechanical, but with a bit more armor and his design is without many details, plain and simple. > > However, whenever Urgot successfully shreds an enemy with his ult, he gets a token. > A panel shows up which lets him chose between 5 options: > > - legs > - armor > - armcannon > - mask (breather) > - meatgrinder > > (These options might change, not confident in these choices yet) > Choosing one of these options will upgrade it and change its design. > How the body part is going to look like in the end depends on the **faction** the enemy champion belonged to (shown in the token). > > Basically, the thematic would be that Urgot is taking trophies from his enemy to enhance his own body with it, just like he stole his Chemtech augmentations from other people to strengthen his body. > > You killed Renekton and upgrade your armor? Congrats, you got a Shuriman golden plate armor! > Did you shred Nautilus to pieces to get some new shiny legs? Here they are, pirate cannon legs! > > Additionally, there would be some special hidden design cases. For example: killing Kassadin and replacing your mask with the token will give you his breather (including sounds!). > Killing Heimerdinger and upgrading the legs will change the design to look similar like his turrets. > > This skin would give alot of customization options and they are changing every game, depending on the enemy champion choices! > > I think it fits him well. He would look like random patchwork, but he is all about strength. He wouldn't care if the pieces don't fit together, as long as it makes him stronger. And these trophies show his strength to everyone encountering him. I really like that idea actually, but would the base skin itself look any different or would the entire ultimate theme simply come from the upgrades?
Rioter Comments
: Are Keystones Overrated?
He said the same thing when masteries came out years ago.
Anonagon (NA)
: I never said towerdives were fun; I said they were necessary. Towerdives are the way that a proactive team can force fights upon a team that is trying to turtle. This is important to the game maintaining a reasonable pace, especially in competitive play where teams often play incredibly safe.
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=My31jmUB,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T23:32:41.589+0000) > > I never said towerdives were fun; I said they were necessary. Towerdives are the way that a proactive team can force fights upon a team that is trying to turtle. This is important to the game maintaining a reasonable pace, especially in competitive play where teams often play incredibly safe. But having champions that take until late game to scale should not condemn one team simply because they have no means by which to actually protect themselves. If they are playing properly and not overextending they should be rewarded by actually being able to reach their lategame spikes. But under the current system, these champions have no places of safety early. It took a stupidly busted item like ardent censer to bring kog/vayne/trist into viability. being able TO play the lategame should be possible if not completely viable in pro play.
Anonagon (NA)
: I think towers dying too fast is more of a problem than towers doing too little damage, especially early on. I wouldn't want to see early tower damage buffed at all because I think that towerdiving is crucial to making sure the game isn't just a boring farmfest. I do think they could use a damage boost mid-lategame, particularly against tankier targets.
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=My31jmUB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-14T23:16:00.642+0000) > > I think towers dying too fast is more of a problem than towers doing too little damage, especially early on. I wouldn't want to see early tower damage buffed at all because I think that towerdiving is crucial to making sure the game isn't just a boring farmfest. I do think they could use a damage boost mid-lategame, particularly against tankier targets. I do agree on the point of the point of them dying too fast, part of the point of the damage increase is to mow down minions slightly faster during siege comps. Also, ideally I would like the towers normal defense with no champions around to be slightly higher as a result of the buffs, causing minions to be slightly less effective at taking down towers while no champions are in the lane. On the point of the towerdives being fun; I disagree to a certain extent, because currently there is very little room for outplays or any sort of reaction from the person being dived. If the person being dived was just a low health target who made a mistake in not retreating farther to safety, it's their fault, but if they're full health at lvl 2-3 and 3 people dive them without any sort of problem tanking the tower between them, THAT'S a problem.
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
: Ahri Charms your Main...
{{champion:35}} Probably the girl from Elfen Lied
: > would be to have people complete surveys about their experience in the game Oh, you mean exactly the thing that Riot is doing?
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=00020001000100000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:28:26.410+0000) > > Oh, you mean exactly the thing that Riot is doing? Yes, which as I have stated we do not have access to. Until such time as we do have access to it, I will continue operating under the data that I do have.
: >a vast majority of people choose to upvote threads about dynamic queue > Even if you measure upvotes I don't think I've seen a single "WAAAAAAA DYNAMIC QQQQQQQ" Discussion that broke 200, which I will assume is a tiny fraction of League's playerbase. >a vast majority of people > a tiny fraction of League's playerbase We're workin with the exact same data here, champ. Though to be fair, I don't know how many people visit the Gameplay board regularly. I feel confident it is more than 200, would you agree?
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:19:22.571+0000) > > We're workin with the exact same data here, champ. Though to be fair, I don't know how many people visit the Gameplay board regularly. I feel confident it is more than 200, would you agree? Very probable based on the size of the game. However the fact that not every person likes every single dynamic queue post is indicative of nothing. A very large percent of that populace just decides not to vote not because they dont agree/disagree with the comment, but because they just canno be bothered to. you see this all the time with any voting system from presidential elections to any sort of voluntary survey. The fact that a larger portion actually takes the time to support a statement says far more about the feelings toward the content of said statement.
: Uhhhh, how about you provide how many don't?
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=000200010001,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:16:52.344+0000) > > Uhhhh, how about you provide how many don't? Because right up to the second the last server of league of legends closes, there will still be people who play the game. This trend is shown time and time again in online games. People who stay are not a quality indicator of how good or bad a game is. Number of players who leave the game are a closer measure, but still not perfect as there are many factors that dictate why people stop playing. As close as we can possibly get to perfect data (short of the ability to read people's minds) would be to have people complete surveys about their experience in the game, measure percentage of people who quit playing (either totally or reducing the amount they play by a very significant factor) upon quitting the game and gauge overall enjoyment that way. Unfortunately only Riot actually has access to that kind of data so we have to go with what is available.
: Blue bell Home-made Vanilla. I will finish a gallon of that good shit even if I was happy as hell.
> [{quoted}](name=Melledoneus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:14:46.692+0000) > > Blue bell Home-made Vanilla. I will finish a gallon of that good shit even if I was happy as hell. Mint chip for me. I go through a lot when i actually decide to buy it for myself as a treat lol.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lysdexic1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-07-10T05:22:08.001+0000) > > At what point will you admit this is not working? When Toxicity isn't down, when ranked participation is not up, when the actual players are unhappy instead of an incredibly tiny section of the community that spams the boards to act like they're more than they really are. Giving in to their demands would be tantamount to giving in to terrorists. They aren't actually right, they don't actually represent a large portion of the playerbase, they just threaten to quit or spam until they get what they want.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:04:13.085+0000) > > When Toxicity isn't down, when ranked participation is not up, when the actual players are unhappy instead of an incredibly tiny section of the community that spams the boards to act like they're more than they really are. > > Giving in to their demands would be tantamount to giving in to terrorists. They aren't actually right, they don't actually represent a large portion of the playerbase, they just threaten to quit or spam until they get what they want. While I have to concede toxicity, as the fact that people queue up with their friends and are friendlier and more sociable, ranked participation being up can be traced partly to the removal of two different game mode options, being Dominion and SoloQueue as well as grater ewards given to players who participate in ranked. Using that statistic alone it is not possible to determine the happiness of the community playing in the system. Let's take a look at a broader range of statistics. How many people are quitting this game? How many is that compared to previous seasons? How are the two different subclasses of people playing in the new system (Solo Players and Group Players) experiencing the game differently? Do you have any of these statistics also?
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lysdexic1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-07-10T06:46:42.991+0000) > > I have never seen the boards this unanimous in something before Zed hate Lee Sin hate Teemo hate Fizz hate All are more united.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:05:35.380+0000) > > Zed hate > Lee Sin hate > Teemo hate > All are more united. Zed and Lee Sin both have very large and vocal fanbases, and only recieve the brunt of the communities hatred when they are too strong, while teemo is just a running joke. There is no unanimous hatred there
: > You can try to blur that with static statistics that mean nothing without other relevant data Wow, it's almost like you are describing yourself!
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T07:02:05.830+0000) > > Wow, it's almost like you are describing yourself! How so? I have offered up not statistics or data but facts about reality, and the clear, visible proof in the fact that a vast majority of people choose to upvote threads about dynamic queue being bad rather than good. The proof is clearly visible on the front pages of the boards. Or do you have any sort of relevant data contradicting this?
: That proves....nothing? Also I've seen plenty of people dissent against this "unanimous" conclusion (I'm making another assumption that more than 200 people visit the Gameplay board regularly)
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T06:53:13.666+0000) > > That proves....nothing? Also I've seen plenty of people dissent against this "unanimous" conclusion (I'm making another assumption that more than 200 people visit the Gameplay board regularly) Of course there's going to be dissent. No group of people is entirely united. Personal interests always sway people one direction or the other. But in any group of people you see, there is a minority and a majority. Here, there is a vast majority who dislike Dynamic Queue. The prevalence of popular threads disliking it proves that. You can try to blur that with static statistics that mean nothing without other relevant data, but seeing with your own eyes is still the best way to find the truth.
: How much do the boards reflect the majority of the playerbase? Even if you measure upvotes I don't think I've seen a single "WAAAAAAA DYNAMIC QQQQQQQ" Discussion that broke 200, which I will assume is a tiny fraction of League's playerbase.
> [{quoted}](name=Tobias Brackner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-07-10T06:44:12.276+0000) > > How much do the boards reflect the majority of the playerbase? Even if you measure upvotes I don't think I've seen a single "WAAAAAAA DYNAMIC QQQQQQQ" Discussion that broke 200, which I will assume is a tiny fraction of League's playerbase. Very true, but I have never seen the boards this unanimous in something before, or as vocal, or for as long. There was a post about a week ago that said "Daily reminders about dynamic queue are the first reminders to ACTUALLY be daily." and they were right, its been pretty crazy.
MigYalle (NA)
: Your highest mastery champion versus your favorite Pokemon
{{champion:35}} Vs Scyther. Begin the battle of the dual wielders.
: If you're quitting over Dynamic Queue, I don't really have much to say to you.
> [{quoted}](name=Ryzing2Diamond,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-10T06:07:16.244+0000) > > If you're quitting over Dynamic Queue, I don't really have much to say to you. I just want Riot to know their actions (or inactions) are going to have real consequences. I may quit, I don't really know yet. I've been playing this game for such a long time and I dont want to just throw that away. But at the same time, it's becoming something I dont actually enjoy anymore. I dont want to waste my time with something I dont love anymore, but its hard to just let go.
: Breakups are hard ;(
> [{quoted}](name=CalamityKitten1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9sWcBNfc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-10T06:00:22.153+0000) > > Breakups are hard ;( Icecream, man. Let it all out.
Rioter Comments
: If the role of an assassin is to kill the squishy high priority target...
{{champion:35}} Doesnt fit into your list because he is a non-aoeing assassin that isnt built tank.
Wind234 (NA)
: It's possible that it could be a new tank champion - like a pure tank designed for a solo lane. Not like TK who's designed for support or Illaoi who's a juggernaut. We haven't had a pure tank in awhile, with Poppy's rework being the last one we got. So some kind of tanky bird thing is possible. I imagine we'll learn more about it in the coming weeks. Probably by the end of the month we'll have more info on it. I'd say maybe two or three weeks before an official announcement. But I do hope it's some kind of Void creature. The last one we got was Rek'Sai and I love the Void creatures lol
> [{quoted}](name=Wind234,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=VaeOXkcE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-07-09T03:57:18.361+0000) > > It's possible that it could be a new tank champion - like a pure tank designed for a solo lane. Not like TK who's designed for support or Illaoi who's a juggernaut. We haven't had a pure tank in awhile, with Poppy's rework being the last one we got. So some kind of tanky bird thing is possible. I imagine we'll learn more about it in the coming weeks. Probably by the end of the month we'll have more info on it. I'd say maybe two or three weeks before an official announcement. But I do hope it's some kind of Void creature. The last one we got was Rek'Sai and I love the Void creatures lol Me too, they are badass :D
: > [{quoted}](name=Lysdexic1,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=VaeOXkcE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-09T01:14:08.146+0000) > > What do you mean "works like {{champion:19}}?" sorry that was a bit unclear to me. Meant it would have a similar kit to Warwick or played somewhat like him
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=VaeOXkcE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-09T02:26:09.364+0000) > > Meant it would have a similar kit to Warwick or played somewhat like him Ahhhhhhh okay, maybe. A hunter who stalks prey patiently, kinda like Rengar but more feral and less bloodthirsty.
Wind234 (NA)
: It sounds to me like some kind of bird-like creature. A lot of the noises resemble loud squawks or shrieks, at least in my opinion. I'm thinking that it may be one of two things: 1) An avian Void creature 2) Some kind of sentient animal-like creature, like {{champion:19}} or {{champion:107}} Perhaps it'd be some kind of avian birdman hunter, or someone riding a giant ground-based bird mount kinda like Sejuani riding her boar. Either way, I think you're right about it being a jungler but I actually think it might play more like an assassin. We haven't had an assassin character since Ekko and he was released quite awhile ago. Thematically, it'd make sense; some kind of stalker in the bushes, a wild hunter who swoops in and takes down its prey without remorse or relent. I know the assassin rework is some time away, but when they updated the mages, we had TWO mages released around the same time. Just because there's a major class update does not mean they won't release a new champion of that class. That's just my speculation though. Either way I can't wait to see what this thing could possibly be.
> [{quoted}](name=Wind234,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=VaeOXkcE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-09T01:22:40.261+0000) > > It sounds to me like some kind of bird-like creature. A lot of the noises resemble loud squawks or shrieks, at least in my opinion. I'm thinking that it may be one of two things: > > 1) An avian Void creature > > 2) Some kind of sentient animal-like creature, like {{champion:19}} or {{champion:107}} > > Perhaps it'd be some kind of avian birdman hunter, or someone riding a giant ground-based bird mount kinda like Sejuani riding her boar. Either way, I think you're right about it being a jungler but I actually think it might play more like an assassin. We haven't had an assassin character since Ekko and he was released quite awhile ago. Thematically, it'd make sense; some kind of stalker in the bushes, a wild hunter who swoops in and takes down its prey without remorse or relent. I know the assassin rework is some time away, but when they updated the mages, we had TWO mages released around the same time. Just because there's a major class update does not mean they won't release a new champion of that class. > > That's just my speculation though. Either way I can't wait to see what this thing could possibly be. You are right, it could still possibly be an assassin. I mostly was just thinking that because of something a Rioter said in the assassin rework mega thread where heir balance as a whole is i such a bad place where it even makes making new assassins difficult for them. As for the bird thing, its entirely possible.
: Maybe something like {{champion:421}} but works like {{champion:19}} or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=VaeOXkcE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-09T00:58:16.862+0000) > > Maybe something like {{champion:421}} but works like {{champion:19}} or something? What do you mean "works like {{champion:19}}?" sorry that was a bit unclear to me.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Lysdexic1

Level 47 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion