Rioter Comments
Nosnide (NA)
: Does Udyr deal too much damage right now?
No. No, Udyr does not do too much damage. He has to itemize pretty heavily into AD for his tiger stance to really melt you. I know chimps hate juggernauts because they don't understand HOW TO KITE AND OR USE ANY FORM OF CROWD-CONTROL-HURR-HURR-WHO-WOULDA-THOUGHT-CC-WOULD-STOP-UDYR, but sincecontrary to popular belief of ms buffs = dashes, Udyr has NO DASH, NO HARD GAP CLOSER, NO ASSASSINATION ABILITIES WHATSOEVER, NOT A SINGLE ONE IN HIS KIT. Learn how to play against him and shut the fuck up.
: > [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Megs8Efm,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-06-23T04:06:08.331+0000) > > nah it depends on the team he's vs. If they are unaware of ganks level 1-6, he snowballs. If they are, he doesn't. > > If a team picks no cc adcs and no cc bruisers (or minimal) he does well. If a team picks a Slow skill composition, he can't even exist. They will eat him before he arrives. Tell that to his permanent 700 ms and constantly refreshing 300 hp shield. You can't kite someone who is double your speed.
> [{quoted}](name=Bouncemaster Zac,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Megs8Efm,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-06-23T04:07:46.789+0000) > > Tell that to his permanent 700 ms and constantly refreshing 300 hp shield. You can't kite someone who is double your speed. He doesn't have permanent 700 ms, where the fuck are you getting those dumbass numbers from. He'd have to be going crit for that to happen, ontop of having a deadman's plate. Triforce by itself is not enough to make him that fast AT ALL. In fact triforce is barely enough to get him to be moving as fast as he should be, and that's not even optimal.
Nosnide (NA)
: Does Udyr deal too much damage right now?
If he builds too much AD, then his ability to sustain suffers, since his healing is tied to his turtle stance, which scales off his maximum hp.
Yuvn Ti (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MURDERTROSS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VzEqsqnd,comment-id=002b,timestamp=2018-06-22T22:49:15.925+0000) > > You just managed to break Udyr's Phoenix Stance for when he goes runic echoes, and made his Tiger Stance damn near useless, since the only reason the ratio is so big is to compensate for the fact that he DOESN'T build a lot of AD. Teehee I disagree, I think that it made his AD less "you have to go this or you're useless" and let Phoenix viable.
> [{quoted}](name=Yuvn Ti,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VzEqsqnd,comment-id=002b0000,timestamp=2018-06-22T23:01:37.360+0000) > > Teehee > > I disagree, I think that it made his AD less "you have to go this or you're useless" and let Phoenix viable. Phoenix is already viable. Secondly, you don't have to go one or the other, you just put three points in turtle and max out both tiger and phoenix.
: Community Patch Notes
You just managed to break Udyr's Phoenix Stance for when he goes runic echoes, and made his Tiger Stance damn near useless, since the only reason the ratio is so big is to compensate for the fact that he DOESN'T build a lot of AD.
Rioter Comments
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=fallenreaper88,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=XuGiqb50,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:04:24.816+0000) > > Aatrox created the phonetic alphabet over ths. > And as ive said from the beginging of the varus is gay storyline it felt shoehorned to make a me too "gay" character after overwatch. Because varus isnt even gay truly he possessed 2 gay unnamed characters. And as we see with kayn one there possed they dont show traits of the original people ie rhaast You look fun in matches. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=XuGiqb50,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:36:09.441+0000) > > You look fun in matches. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} It was shoehorned. Dumb, stupid, bullshit shoehorn. Our video-games are not the place for SJW garbage, keep that shit outta here, or make up a new fucking character.
Azeranth (NA)
: Riot explicitly defines fighters as those intended to do damage, aka not nautilus
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=000700020000000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:36:22.562+0000) > > Riot explicitly defines fighters as those intended to do damage, aka not nautilus Fighter-tank. I know you selectively exclude words that may be inconvenient to your flawed argument, but a fighter tank means a fighter whose job is also to serve as a tank, and can dish out meaningful amounts of damage in a fight.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=MURDERTROSS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-20T16:38:20.358+0000) > > {{champion:12}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:89}}{{champion:412}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:223}} Those are supposed to be your damage sponges. Everything else could and should be able to damage you to varying extents. > > In any case, most of you don't know the first meaning of "keep your distance", and are probably just squishy assassin/adc mains crying because they can't fight something **intentionally designed** to keep you in check. If the tank starts building damage they're going to run the risk of getting shredded or bursted down, which is a carries a high likelihood, not them standing there and smacking you into oblivion as you do nothing. No. No. No. No Tank should be able to deal high amounts of damage unless they invest into damage items. Being Tanky and doing lethal levels of damage is unhealthy.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=00070003,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:50:13.706+0000) > > No. No. No. > > No Tank should be able to deal high amounts of damage unless they invest into damage items. > > Being Tanky and doing lethal levels of damage is unhealthy. Read: they are going to run the risk of being shredded. Read. READ. **Read.** **_REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD_**
: Who’s comment are you reading? Never said anything about adc. If you look at my match history or something, my comment has nothing to do with my experience, my comment purely combines concerns from multiple threads into a more understandable format. The list of fighters I put up was meant to make people think about what they build and realize there’s a pattern to what makes them tanky. Hp, ingrained dmg reduction from items and abilities, and sustain;it allows for high damage build with less risk than a purely tank champion would have. Not very healthy for the player base to dismiss all comments and ignore what they need to, in order to put someone with genuine concerns down.
> [{quoted}](name=Willow Uvgood,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=000700020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:58:37.411+0000) > > Who’s comment are you reading? Never said anything about adc. If you look at my match history or something, my comment has nothing to do with my experience, my comment purely combines concerns from multiple threads into a more understandable format. The list of fighters I put up was meant to make people think about what they build and realize there’s a pattern to what makes them tanky. Hp, ingrained dmg reduction from items and abilities, and sustain;it allows for high damage build with less risk than a purely tank champion would have. Not very healthy for the player base to dismiss all comments and ignore what they need to, in order to put someone with genuine concerns down. ADCs build the items you mentioned, which was composes the core of what I quoted. Ninja tabi is a damage reduction item, death's dance is a damage delay item, phantom dancer is a damage reduction item. All of them are regularly built by ADCs to reduce incoming damage and extend their survivability in fights. I don't mind the existence of these items, but they have proven to be problematic for fighters looking to kill them.
Azeranth (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=0007000200000002,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:03:59.891+0000) > > Nautilus is a fighter tank. Ah ha hahahaha HAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. > > > oh wait you were't kidding? youre fucking retarded Yes. He fights, he has no damage amplifiers as a support, he does not heal them. He provides a source of sustained crowd control, durability, and his main source of damage absorption is also a damage over time spell. Nautilus originally was never meant as a support, he was primarily a jungler, got some time in top lane, because people realized he could hold his own and even win in certain match-ups, and then inevitably got tossed into a support role. I know you don't like reality, but too fucking bad, that's how it is.
: Never said anything about me being a squishy, or trying to 1v1 them. Was just trying to point out what people were trying to say while putting faces to the complaints. Also I just wanted to say that fighter/tanks shouldn’t have more damage reduction tools available to them without compromising damage than tank/tanks.
> [{quoted}](name=Willow Uvgood,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=0007000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T18:58:13.226+0000) > > Never said anything about me being a squishy, or trying to 1v1 them. Was just trying to point out what people were trying to say while putting faces to the complaints. Also I just wanted to say that fighter/tanks shouldn’t have more damage reduction tools available to them without compromising damage than tank/tanks. Then stop building ninja tabi, doran's shield, etc etc etc on ADCs. Because fighters build less damage than ADCs, the damage mitigation against autoattack based champs goes in favor of the ADC. I'll wait for you to also stop building phantom dancer and death's dance. The constant complaints people throw at tanks are not as substantiated as they seem at best, and grossly hypocritical at worst.
Azeranth (NA)
: No, his Q and ult usefullness comes at the risk of him getting blown up. Thats what makes it balanced
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-20T19:04:32.238+0000) > > No, his Q and ult usefullness comes at the risk of him getting blown up. Thats what makes it balanced That's exactly what I just said, only worded differently. But if you think Thresh can't soak up a significant amount of damage then you don't know Thresh.
: So only supports can be dmg sponges? What about {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:57}} I think people are "crying" about these tanks being able to tank less than {{champion:164}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} lately. The combination of PD, Ninja tabi, spirits visage, kit healing, massive damage builds and kit dmg reduction while still tanking everything is what people are complaining about.
> [{quoted}](name=Willow Uvgood,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=00070002,timestamp=2018-06-20T17:25:54.517+0000) > > So only supports can be dmg sponges? What about {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:57}} I think people are "crying" about these tanks being able to tank less than {{champion:164}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} lately. The combination of PD, Ninja tabi, spirits visage, kit healing, massive damage builds and kit dmg reduction while still tanking everything is what people are complaining about. All those champions you listed are a combination of fighter-tanks. They are supposed to be win against squishy champions in just about every scenario. If you don't wanna die to them, stick with your teammates and let them protect you, instead of crying because you can't 1v1 them.
: Thresh is not a damage sponge and shouldn't be.
> [{quoted}](name=ALegoPiece,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-06-20T16:52:55.933+0000) > > Thresh is not a damage sponge and shouldn't be. His best use is as a utility support, but due to the nature of his Q, he becomes a damage sponge when going in and using his ult.
Wacky9 (NA)
: The problem is that these guys can do quite a bit of damage if need be. Thresh can really mess with you if flash is down.
> [{quoted}](name=Wacky9,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLx3cq4m,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-06-20T16:48:32.085+0000) > > The problem is that these guys can do quite a bit of damage if need be. Thresh can really mess with you if flash is down. They're not supposed to do no damage at all either, which is what all the whiners clearly want with no resistance. They don't want fairness, they want the easy life, where they can mow down whatever they want. Thresh got his range nerfed, so if he's able to auto you to the point that you can't win the lane, then you and the support aren't doing your jobs right.
: Riot's (Bad) Philosophy is Damage = Fun
{{champion:12}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:89}}{{champion:412}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:223}} Those are supposed to be your damage sponges. Everything else could and should be able to damage you to varying extents. In any case, most of you don't know the first meaning of "keep your distance", and are probably just squishy assassin/adc mains crying because they can't fight something **intentionally designed** to keep you in check. If the tank starts building damage they're going to run the risk of getting shredded or bursted down, which is a carries a high likelihood, not them standing there and smacking you into oblivion as you do nothing.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: I did report you for toxic vocabulary, by the way, but I do hope that the Mods just edit your comment, because it does make a fine discussion post. Now, back to the talk: Before I'll make my response, which you can't possibly understand anyway due to your low elo mentality, I want to ask you, in your words: what is the jungle's "identity"? (Note, "Low Elo" is a mental state, which you show to have, among the other "it's always my team losing me the games", while "Low Rank" is just low ranked player, but that's how I see things, if you do get offended, be my guest)
> I did report you for toxic vocabulary, by the way, but I do hope that the Mods just edit your comment, because it does make a fine discussion post. Ruh oh. > Now, back to the talk: {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} > Before I'll make my response, which you can't possibly understand anyway due to your low elo mentality, I want to ask you, in your words: what is the jungle's "identity"? Words without substance are often hidden behind an ad hominem. The jungle is a place where map presence and objective control can be expressed at their highest potential. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/57754989/Rylalei#/leagues#57754989 You're a single rank above my flex rank. The difference between you and I is like comparing ants to cockroaches. If you're going to to chase after me with this bullshit argument, make sure you don't step in your own sticky trap. My stance on Taliyah jungle remains: she kites the jungle too easily without taking a lot of damage. This makes her too safe, and if she knows how to ward properly, she can invade with equal efficiency and screw junglers with dashes who try to punish her or escape, making offensive and defensive action against her equally detrimental. I'll be waiting for when you _actually_ have something to say beyond attacking my rank.
: I agree with ya buddy. In that sense. I mean if you wanted Riot to actually respond to this you cant really cuss. But at any rate I get your point. Riot has been trying to make everything fit in the jg to cadre to all styles of play there... Which can be very unhealthy as you have stated. I mean thats basically how Tarzaned got rank one off of GRAVES. That should prove that its a bad idea to have ranged adc's in the jg. I mean there was a point in league waayyyy early in its development you had to try everything and learn its place. But now, thats not the case. It has been established where things are good now. To be honest. RIot updated graves a few years ago and put him in the jungle because HE GOT NO GAME PLAY BOT LANE. They are trying to take champions like that URGOT, YORIK, GALIO, MORDE, etc and change them or even their role so they become popular for the $$$$. They don't really care how the state of the game feels as long as they make money. And its more and more apparent as the game goes on. They said they did a few years ago. But at this point. I dont seee it at all. Its literally a fuck fest out there now. This what happens when women run things ;). Hahaha Im just being silly. Anyway I agree 100%.
> [{quoted}](name=GunThorvald,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A9pWIR1u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-09T17:22:12.781+0000) > > I agree with ya buddy. In that sense. I mean if you wanted Riot to actually respond to this you cant really cuss. But at any rate I get your point. Riot has been trying to make everything fit in the jg to cadre to all styles of play there... Which can be very unhealthy as you have stated. I mean thats basically how Tarzaned got rank one off of GRAVES. That should prove that its a bad idea to have ranged adc's in the jg. I mean there was a point in league waayyyy early in its development you had to try everything and learn its place. But now, thats not the case. It has been established where things are good now. > > To be honest. RIot updated graves a few years ago and put him in the jungle because HE GOT NO GAME PLAY BOT LANE. They are trying to take champions like that URGOT, YORIK, GALIO, MORDE, etc and change them or even their role so they become popular for the $$$$. They don't really care how the state of the game feels as long as they make money. And its more and more apparent as the game goes on. They said they did a few years ago. But at this point. I dont seee it at all. Its literally a fuck fest out there now. This what happens when women run things ;). Hahaha Im just being silly. Anyway I agree 100%. I don't give a fuck if I curse. I'm going to be honest and upfront about this shit 100% of the time, and if Riot doesn't like it, too bad for them. They shouldn't have catered to this toxic style of play. One way or another someone or another will read this, but the point is that someone has to get off their ass and state this shit first, otherwise no one is going to. I'm just another needle in the haystack. But yes, Mord is a prime example of the shit I hate. He was my favorite champion for years, and they just completely USED him to create a monster, and that is what really enrages me about this. They couldn't have just come out with Kindred and been like "adc jg meta guys" instead they had to turn my favorite champion into a fucking guinea pig, run all sorts of wacky, fucktarded experiments on him, and guess what none of that ever panned out. There is no meta for other bruisers to go bot lane and be successful as carries. There just isn't. I will never not be pissed off about this crap until it gets fixed.
Rioter Comments
Velasan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SayoriWantsToDie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JrE3EwzY,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2018-06-06T15:35:45.827+0000) > > Scuse me but us anime fans would rather play someone like kayn(shadow) and zed or annie/zoe That's strange. I like anime, but some of my favorite characters are Shen, Fiddlesticks, and Swain. Does Vel'koz count as anime? :P
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JrE3EwzY,comment-id=0003000000020001,timestamp=2018-06-07T04:56:44.423+0000) > > That's strange. I like anime, but some of my favorite characters are Shen, Fiddlesticks, and Swain. > > Does Vel'koz count as anime? :P He is a hentai character which is technically pornanime, so yes.
: Again, this: >This is a reflection of your work ethic and refusal to do anything on her for 5 years and 6 months now isn't constructive criticism. That isn't a relative thing. Saying "well serial killers are worse" at a murder trial isn't a great defense. As I've said, I think the frustration is valid, but ignoring everything Riot has said about why they haven't touched her (and why they generally don't touch all the champs all the time) is a great way to get ignored yourself. I'm not here to call everyone upset about Karma a whiny baby, I'm here to point out that attacking them is not an effective strategy. You're the second person that has already had a 10x better tone than the OP. It's isn't hard to be respectful, and you're proving it! Now, I do refute that it's a lazy approach; I think that's, again, an ad hominem attack. It simply undermines your position. When you attack the people, you're asking to get ignored. The phrase "you catch more flies with honey" exists for a reason. Riot employees are only human, and whether they like it or not, they *are* affected by our posts here. If you treat them like shit and bad-mouth them constantly, it makes them *not* want to work on your champ. I'm sure it's a lot more fun to work on champs where the playerbase is appreciative and understanding about their time constraints, and even helps out with *constructive* criticism and ideas. The community on Boards, for some reason, thinks that shitting on Riot constantly is effective or justified. My personal opinion is that's because the community is dominated by loud, immature voices. Do not let those people steer you wrong. The more measured and mature you are, the better chance you have of a useful outcome around here. Don't let the 12-year olds who think they are cool for cussing out Riot lead to believe otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qOB3xX9q,comment-id=000400050000,timestamp=2018-06-07T13:52:04.401+0000) > > Again, this: > > isn't constructive criticism. That isn't a relative thing. Saying "well serial killers are worse" at a murder trial isn't a great defense. > That is called a closing statement, it has nothing to do with the details that went into the constructive criticism. > As I've said, I think the frustration is valid, but ignoring everything Riot has said about why they haven't touched her (and why they generally don't touch all the champs all the time) is a great way to get ignored yourself. I'm not here to call everyone upset about Karma a whiny baby, I'm here to point out that attacking them is not an effective strategy. > I recall a thread from a couple months ago, where a player snapped about a bug relating to Jax, and went into vicious amounts of well-constructed detail, that were laced with extreme anger and vitriolic frustration. The bug got fixed in the following patch. > You're the second person that has already had a 10x better tone than the OP. It's isn't hard to be respectful, and you're proving it! Now, I do refute that it's a lazy approach; I think that's, again, an ad hominem attack. It simply undermines your position. When you attack the people, you're asking to get ignored. > If a person has been consistently civilized and "nice" about an issue within their complaints, only to be ignored, then the next logical step is to become aggressive, and even hostile, so that your feelings are made known. I hate to throw the word 'customer' around, since LoL is a free-to-play game, but frankly, Riot is reliant on the players to make sure their game stays afloat, so that makes this person a customer in my eyes. The customer is dissatisfied, and pissed off, because their previously civilized complaints have been ignored and unaddressed for an unacceptable amount of time. > The phrase "you catch more flies with honey" exists for a reason. Riot employees are only human, and whether they like it or not, they *are* affected by our posts here. If you treat them like shit and bad-mouth them constantly, it makes them *not* want to work on your champ. I'm sure it's a lot more fun to work on champs where the playerbase is appreciative and understanding about their time constraints, and even helps out with *constructive* criticism and ideas. > It is only recently that players have begun to act with high levels of hostility toward Riot. It is a product of being ignored for long periods of time, which is one of the largest reasons they decided to become more active on the boards. It was to alleviate players feelings of frustrations, and it started to work for a period of time, but now they stopped, and thus the hostility is returning. You can't sustain a relationship if you aren't speaking to the person you're in a relationship with, and Riot is in a relationship with their player-base. Start addressing the players, or the players will get angry. There is no way around this fact. > The community on Boards, for some reason, thinks that shitting on Riot constantly is effective or justified. My personal opinion is that's because the community is dominated by loud, immature voices. Do not let those people steer you wrong. The more measured and mature you are, the better chance you have of a useful outcome around here. Don't let the 12-year olds who think they are cool for cussing out Riot lead to believe otherwise. Nobody is shitting on Riot. The OP did not level a single curse-word at the company, nor did they did throw in substitute curse-words like "asinine", "pleb", "dunce" in the place of "idiot", "retard", "moron". The user broke down why they thought the work done on Karma was the wrong work, how it didn't make sense, that it was dysfunctional, and how another champion now has an ability which Karma USED to have that made her iconic. If OP is being hostile and insulting toward Riot, then you are being overly protective and defensive of them in-turn. tl;dr Get thicker skin, because the blade of truth is a sharp one, indeed.
: Again, this: >This is a reflection of your work ethic and refusal to do anything on her for 5 years and 6 months now isn't constructive criticism. That isn't a relative thing. Saying "well serial killers are worse" at a murder trial isn't a great defense. As I've said, I think the frustration is valid, but ignoring everything Riot has said about why they haven't touched her (and why they generally don't touch all the champs all the time) is a great way to get ignored yourself. I'm not here to call everyone upset about Karma a whiny baby, I'm here to point out that attacking them is not an effective strategy. You're the second person that has already had a 10x better tone than the OP. It's isn't hard to be respectful, and you're proving it! Now, I do refute that it's a lazy approach; I think that's, again, an ad hominem attack. It simply undermines your position. When you attack the people, you're asking to get ignored. The phrase "you catch more flies with honey" exists for a reason. Riot employees are only human, and whether they like it or not, they *are* affected by our posts here. If you treat them like shit and bad-mouth them constantly, it makes them *not* want to work on your champ. I'm sure it's a lot more fun to work on champs where the playerbase is appreciative and understanding about their time constraints, and even helps out with *constructive* criticism and ideas. The community on Boards, for some reason, thinks that shitting on Riot constantly is effective or justified. My personal opinion is that's because the community is dominated by loud, immature voices. Do not let those people steer you wrong. The more measured and mature you are, the better chance you have of a useful outcome around here. Don't let the 12-year olds who think they are cool for cussing out Riot lead to believe otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qOB3xX9q,comment-id=000400050000,timestamp=2018-06-07T13:52:04.401+0000) > > Again, this: > > isn't constructive criticism. That isn't a relative thing. Saying "well serial killers are worse" at a murder trial isn't a great defense. > > As I've said, I think the frustration is valid, but ignoring everything Riot has said about why they haven't touched her (and why they generally don't touch all the champs all the time) is a great way to get ignored yourself. I'm not here to call everyone upset about Karma a whiny baby, I'm here to point out that attacking them is not an effective strategy. > > You're the second person that has already had a 10x better tone than the OP. It's isn't hard to be respectful, and you're proving it! Now, I do refute that it's a lazy approach; I think that's, again, an ad hominem attack. It simply undermines your position. When you attack the people, you're asking to get ignored. > > The phrase "you catch more flies with honey" exists for a reason. Riot employees are only human, and whether they like it or not, they *are* affected by our posts here. If you treat them like shit and bad-mouth them constantly, it makes them *not* want to work on your champ. I'm sure it's a lot more fun to work on champs where the playerbase is appreciative and understanding about their time constraints, and even helps out with *constructive* criticism and ideas. > > The community on Boards, for some reason, thinks that shitting on Riot constantly is effective or justified. My personal opinion is that's because the community is dominated by loud, immature voices. Do not let those people steer you wrong. The more measured and mature you are, the better chance you have of a useful outcome around here. Don't let the 12-year olds who think they are cool for cussing out Riot lead to believe otherwise. That is called a closing statement, it has nothing to do with the details that went into the constructive criticism. I recall a thread from a couple months ago, where a player snapped about a bug relating to Jax, and went into vicious amounts of well-constructed detail, that were laced with extreme anger and vitriolic frustration. The bug got fixed in the following patch. If a person has been consistently civilized and "nice" about an issue within their complaints, only to be ignored, then the next logical step is to become aggressive, and even hostile, so that your feelings are made known. I hate to throw the word 'customer' around, since LoL is a free-to-play game, but frankly, Riot is reliant on the players to make sure their game stays afloat, so that makes this person a customer in my eyes. The customer is dissatisfied, and pissed off, because their previously civilized complaints have been ignored and unaddressed for an unacceptable amount of time. It is only recently that players have begun to act with high levels of hostility toward Riot. It is a product of being ignored for long periods of time, which is one of the largest reasons they decided to become more active on the boards. It was to alleviate players feelings of frustrations, and it started to work for a period of time, but now they stopped, and thus the hostility is returning. You can't sustain a relationship if you aren't speaking to the person you're in a relationship with, and Riot is in a relationship with their player-base. Start addressing the players, or the players will get angry. There is no way around this fact. Nobody is shitting on Riot. The OP did not level a single curse-word at the company, nor did they did throw in substitute curse-words like "asinine", "pleb", "dunce" in the place of "idiot", "retard", "moron". The user broke down why they thought the work done on Karma was the wrong work, how it didn't make sense, that it was dysfunctional, and how another champion now has an ability which Karma USED to have that made her iconic. If OP is being hostile and insulting toward Riot, then you are being overly protective and defensive of them in-turn. tl;dr Get thicker skin, because the blade of truth is a sharp one, indeed.
: >This is a reflection of your work ethic and refusal to do anything on her for 5 years and 6 months now. This is a surefire way to make sure that they don't come talk to you about this. They likely agree with you about a lot of these problems, but when you're openly hostile to Riot, why would they try to talk to you more? They have limited resources, and they have other priorities. That's the simple reality. It has nothing to do with their work ethic, and saying that seriously undermines your credibility.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qOB3xX9q,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-06T18:30:52.264+0000) > > This is a surefire way to make sure that they don't come talk to you about this. They likely agree with you about a lot of these problems, but when you're openly hostile to Riot, why would they try to talk to you more? > > They have limited resources, and they have other priorities. That's the simple reality. It has nothing to do with their work ethic, and saying that seriously undermines your credibility. They don't have limited fucking resources, they're a multi-BILLION dollar company.
: Revert the jungle change
You know that Riot is aware of how much they fucked up judging by their lack of public response, which is a stark reaction to how they've recently begun to act. Perhaps it is sinking in ever so slightly in their tiny little brains. Sorry, Riot, we the players have been fairly patient with you as of recent times, but sometimes the only way to tell you you're being an idiot is to tell you, you're being a bunch of fucking idiots. As Trick2G once said: brain usage. You have it, stop not using it.
Eedat (NA)
: Let's see how the Jungle changes 'helped change up the Jungle meta'
It's bad enough jungle-players get abused nearly as much as support players (we get bitched at for everything, everything that goes wrong in a match is our fault because "reasons", there is absolutely zero responsibility being taken on part of the laners), and now late-game junglers are about to get shitted on, at least at higher elos.
: Udyr is supposed to be countered by mobility, its literally his only counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=SooFr0sty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bA47nnqg,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-05-17T02:20:39.403+0000) > > Udyr is supposed to be countered by mobility, its literally his only counterplay. This is only partially true. Udyr is supposed to be countered primarily through crowd control and kiting, and is only meant to have SOME difficulty with high mobility champions, but it should not - at least in theory - be impossible for him to catch them if his passive is fully stacked and he has itemized for movement speed. In other words, a good Udyr should always have a **FAIR** shot at catching an assassin, especially if they know how to path correctly. If he was supposed to be countered by mobility the way you say, one of his biggest selling points wouldn't be his ability to consistently run around at 100mph, and chase down squishy targets after they've blown their dashes/blinks.
: Jungle is Worse than Ever
I don't know why the hell they thought removing the %MS on runic echoes was a good idea at all. It's just going to slow down their ability to gank and chase targets down in the longrun, and the clear speed isn't as good as people say it is, because cdr is still a thing, and lost chapter is 1300gold. This is incredibly annoying as it means I can no longer effectively counter certain mage assassins who have mobility out the ass as Udyr, who are already hard enough to catch.
: [Champion Discussion] Mordekaiser; Is he the best Champion in the game? Why or why not?
I will always like old Mordekaiser's kit more, from the visuals, to being able to kite people with your q. There was something really special and fun about his old kit that had just enough creativity and practicality to it to make it enjoyable. Then he got shafted to bot lane just as an excuse to set the premise for ADCs being able to jungle, which has ruined the entire fucking game, and eventually snowballed them into being one of the most broken and oppressive classes. Nowadays, Mordekaiser can only win lane against champions like Darius, Garen, or something with extremely low mobility or no interrupts, essentially meaning he has to go up against a champion with a dogshit kit in order to be played effectively. Mordekaiser is not fun to play, he is not useful to play as with very few exceptions, he got reworked as an excuse to lay down the foundation for a fundamentally asinine adc meta, and now he just sucks. He is by far one of the worst champions in the game for that reason, and frankly, the whole reworking him to set the new adc premise is reason enough to hate it since that's all that was left in the wake of his rework.
Rioter Comments
: All these objectified tits lately are NOT ok.
> [{quoted}](name=Alexiterio,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gF7psovy,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-22T20:05:36.732+0000) > > Females generally have breasts, but when you design Kai'Sa and now the new Miss Fortune skin with a fucking BOOB WINDOW, Riot is making it clear where they stand on misogyny: that it's ok to objectify women for the sake of selling their game to horny teenagers. > Misogyny is defined as a hatred of women. By your logic, whoever designed Dr Mundo, Braum, Garen, Darius, must be a misandrist who hates men. Misandry and misogyny are not the same thing, nor does creating a skin that exposes a woman's big boobs promote said hatred. I could twist what you said into Riot hating homosexuals due the existence of Vi and Taric, but I'm not, because I know what words mean. Kai'Sa's boobs are small and too far apart by the way. > This is fucking unacceptable. > This is acceptable. Big boobs are the biggest grandest gift God has given us. > I just bought Riot points for the first time in years (to get skins on sale I wanted) and now I fucking regret it. > You say this as if you didn't know that Miss Fortune already had big boobs. Nah, just buy Jinx and Taliyah. They'll satisfy your flat chested needs. > I don't want to give ANY money to a company that thinks it's ok to reinforce the most damaging stereotypes of body image and outright objectification. > Big boobs are not damaging to women in any way, shape, or form, unless they're small. > > I'm fully aware not many people give a shit about women and this thread will die, but I NEED my voice to be heard by Riot. I care about big boobs, and that is a cause worth fighting for if you're not from here: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Flat_Zone > You are hurting women. You're hurting my love of big boobs. > You are part of the problem. No, but if people like you keep bringing this horseshit up, I'm going to have an early E.D. problem, and I'm not about to go out and buy some fucking viagra.
brônco (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=d5 is my legacy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=okaG3ahw,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-03-12T19:52:23.397+0000) > > youre gold 4 and you have 2 wukong games. In low elo wukong can be overwhelming but anything higher, it's torture to play him. You keep saying it's so easy to one shot with lethality, but what you're not saying how you get to that point. Top lane you get destroyed by almost any match up, jungle you get invaded by everyone and when will you build that lethality ? in 40 mins games ? well too bad most games end in 20 mins in diamond. I think it really depends, your early game jungle clear is actually not bad if you go W level 2 ( which I am assuming you do ) I don't typically find myself getting invaded, I can actually usually counterjungle the enemy depending on their pick, maybe you and me play this champion in a different style, as for top lane, I think he does have some bad matchups just against OP meta tank champions like darius, if I were to play wukong top as of recent I ban darius just because you really can't win that lane without jungle presence, but again I think it really comes down to playstyle and taking good trades, I think I can agree that he is not as easy to win with as meta champions like fiora or camille etc but I also don't think he is as underwhelming as you and the OP make him out to be, I mean the OP is making this post because he lost a game at 900 elo after building frozen heart on wukong and he is getting showered with upvotes which makes me really question what these people on the boards know about the champion
> I mean the OP is making this post because he lost a game at 900 elo after building frozen heart on wukong and he is getting showered with upvotes which makes me really question what these people on the boards know about the champion I built frozen heart because I needed the mana, cdr, and tank stats, mana being a stat that Wukong is notorious for having issues with due to being a caster ontop of having such a grotesquely small mana pool. Anyone with a brainstem knows frozen heart is an amazing tank item, and since what my team needed more was a tank than a damage dealer, that's the route I went with since I was not getting very fed. Clearly, you do not know anything about itemization based on circumstances and would rather resort to rank calling, since you don't have an actual argument. I mean hell, you said in an earlier post I hardly play Wukong, yet I am one token away from mastery 7 on him. Next time I need to tank for my team and I'm playing Wukong I'll just build triforce instead.
brônco (NA)
: Wukong does not need a rework, I think you just need to improve your play, I mean hell you've only played 4 games on him this season I don't think that's legitimate grounds to make this kind of judgement anyway, I happen to play wukong as one of my main champions and when played well I can completely stomp games even against tanks. It really comes down to how you play and how you build, I am assuming you are doing both of those wrong
> [{quoted}](name=brônco,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=okaG3ahw,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-03-12T20:18:14.108+0000) > > Wukong does not need a rework, I think you just need to improve your play, I mean hell you've only played 4 games on him this season I don't think that's legitimate grounds to make this kind of judgement anyway, I happen to play wukong as one of my main champions and when played well I can completely stomp games even against tanks. > > It really comes down to how you play and how you build, I am assuming you are doing both of those wrong I hardly play him THIS SEASON because he's hardly viable THIS season, and others before it. I thought this was obvious. If you're playing against a good tank, you should not win the lane, at best you will outlast the lane, finish black cleaver and then be able to out-trade them. Secondly, Wukong is not intended to be good against tanks, he is intended to be good against fighters who are roughly as squishy as he is (Jax, Riven, Gnar), and less durable champions like adcs and mages who are almost guaranteed to have the bare minimum of defensive stats. He loses massively against Darius, Renekton, Olaf, Malphite, Urgot, Sion, Irelia, Fiora, all but one of whom are considerably tankier than him, possess a shield that can take his damage, sustain, debuffs, and cc that is not tied exclusively to their ults like Wukong's ONLY cc ability is. Out of these champions, the only ones that Wukong can even OUTSCALE (something no Wukong should ever rely on, because he's a snowballer) is Darius and Malphite. Without diving into mechanics, his only outplay ability is his clone, or using brush to mask a potentially fatal hard engage.
Rioter Comments
: Just Saw A Jax With This Build 1v3 Late Game And Survived
> [{quoted}](name=LEWD KAWAII LOLI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4lsJoMd9,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-10T23:16:09.447+0000) > > on my plat account > our top laner aka jax got destroyed by mundo went 030 > enemy bot ints and we win over objectives > still their jg aka vi and their top laner mundo are decently winning against > ours > after losing a teamfight without jax at the elder > we thought we are going to lose ( only jax survives they have 3 on their side) > vi mundo and their sup braum went top tried to deal with our 1 5 3 jax > he has bortk + guinsoo + titanic + cleaver + wits end + tabi > guess what > he melts vi in seconds and then goes for mundo > mundo goes full tank with a hydra and gets demolished in seconds > then jax aces and pushes all to the end and ignores their ad's desperate > attacks and 100 0 their nexus > > how is this viable in a ranked match > i never expect jax to be this strong late game lol Triple proc titanic hydra with guinsoos on-hit. Black cleaver gives health and shreds armor. AD from those three items converts to armor on his ult, wits end only adds more MR to his ult as well. You do not understand item synergy, especially on a champion that is a classified as a fighter-assassin, not a fighter-tank.
: How is anyone supposed to learn the new champion if no one gets a chance to play them? I personally think new champs shouldn't be allowed to be banned for the first 2 weeks.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vsX8W7zL,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-03-10T09:01:46.534+0000) > > How is anyone supposed to learn the new champion if no one gets a chance to play them? I personally think new champs shouldn't be allowed to be banned for the first 2 weeks. By playing it in normals, _**DUH**_. How stupid do you have to fucking be to not know that NORMAL DRAFT is where you practice champs to get good at them in ranked. Jesus Christ, it amazes me how this disgustingly obvious fact manages to slip past the minds of so many brain dead people like you.
: Why can't Abyssal Scepter come back with an altered build path like Banshee's Veil?
I loved building abyssal scepter on tanks wherever it was viable. It especially allowed certain AP-Fighter-Tanks like Zac, Sejuani, Nautilus, Gragas to do the liandry's+abyssal combo in certain situations and provide a much-needed source of damage during games where the enemy team had 3+tanks (top, jg, support) and you took that away from us in favor of this horseshit item that does absolutely nothing for us. In fact you took away offensive/defensive viability options on champions like Swain, Fizz, Diana, Elise, Evelynn, champions who could do extremely well with abyssal mask due to the fact that they were either melee or could get up close. Abyssal Mask is a garbage item, it does absolutely nothing for champions who actually need the damage, the health on it is crap, and it frankly feels like a homeless man's version of Rod of Ages sometimes because it doesn't even scale.
: Ninja Tabi's build up to 4-6-8-10-12% Damage reduction vs auto attacks increasing every time they are Auto'd This makes it still good for tanks since they will get auto attacked a lot mroe but will make it worse for ADC's because they buy it to absorb 1-2 things during a fight and aren't being consta DPS'd
> [{quoted}](name=yZfYArlene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BFXynJgE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-06T20:07:24.013+0000) > > Ninja Tabi's build up to 4-6-8-10-12% Damage reduction vs auto attacks increasing every time they are Auto'd > > This makes it still good for tanks since they will get auto attacked a lot mroe but will make it worse for ADC's because they buy it to absorb 1-2 things during a fight and aren't being consta DPS'd It's a good idea in theory, but I could see it easily backfiring against fighters and bruisers who are autoattack reliant, especially against a tank that will build items like frozen heart and randuins that reduce attack speed. Fighters/bruisers are conventionally made to counter tanks.
Rioter Comments
: I feel like ADCs have no problem with going into other lanes and taking their cs for no reason
Touch my cs and I will take your next three waves. I don't get carried by ADCs, I carry them, so they better back the fuck off, or lose some gold.
: A Concern with the "Hashinshin" Situation
Hashinshin said what needed to be said, and it got results. The people deploring his actions are either bootlickers, or the types who get upset in the presence of a person expressing extreme anger and frustration and don't know how to handle it, nor do they give a shit about the cause of such anger. If you want proof that yelling can get things done faster than being polite, there was a powderkeg topic on the boards about Jax that was full of vitriol and harsh words being directed at riot. Two patches later, the Jax bug gets fixed. Frankly, I feel a lot of the people denying the effects Hashinshin's words had, stem exactly from the fear that more people will follow in his footsteps, and that the boards will become flooded with rage topics. It's not always the right solution, but in certain situations, it is exactly what needs to be done.
: I belive what you mean to say was. "Way to not sound like an asshole". As their was nothing ignorant in my statement. Poor people be holding back my systems capabilites for years.
> [{quoted}](name=NocturnalSheild,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w2IpZziB,comment-id=000f000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-10T04:44:36.828+0000) > > I belive what you mean to say was. > > "Way to not sound like an asshole". > > As their was nothing ignorant in my statement. > > Poor people be holding back my systems capabilites for years. Your ignorance shows in your inability to say 'there's' and not 'theirs'. Learn to grammar. Anyway, if the bug has been going on for a year with constant reports, then the guy has the right to complain and angrily so. Not get pestered by some Riot Games equivalent of a white knight.
: Can We Appreciate Swain?
These lines almost make Swain appear sympathetic as opposed to pure evil as there is an absence of judging tones in his words. In any case, this is not Swain. Swain was subtly charming, had this gravel to his voice that always made it sound like he had just finished a meal, which was fitting given that the name of his passive was Carrion Renewal and his ult was RAVENOUS flock. Furthermore, Swain is supposed to be a man you can't exactly read since he is exceptionally skilled at hiding his feelings, this version appears ever-so-slightly sympathetic, or at least a bit too understanding of the people whose souls he collects.
: "I'm high/Drunk" in ranked needs to be a bannable offense
Sometimes weed is the only way a person can relax in this fucked up game full so full of jerks, idiots, morons etc.
Kikirino (NA)
: What does it take to get an S+ as a jungler?
Objectives objectives objectives and high gold income
: > [{quoted}](name=Glo Stix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AsNz8145,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-05T16:39:49.093+0000) > > they need to leave swain the fuck alone. They've already ruined so many champions that I play alot of. Malzahar, yorick, galio, evelynn. Make new champs, stop fucking up our old ones that we like. Nearly all of those champions were reworked to give them less of a binary gameplay pattern and more of an identity in the game. I find it hard to believe _anyone_ found the old Yorick actually fun to play consistently even with his game-breaking bug near his release with his ultimate.
> [{quoted}](name=ArfBarkBoof,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AsNz8145,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T17:26:49.409+0000) > > Nearly all of those champions were reworked to give them less of a binary gameplay pattern and more of an identity in the game. I find it hard to believe _anyone_ found the old Yorick actually fun to play consistently even with his game-breaking bug near his release with his ultimate. I preferred old Malzahar and Galio. The only thing I didn't like about Malz was how easily he gets knocked out of ult which could have been remedied by simply giving him the crowd control shield on ult active. No damage shield just crowd control shield to block a single crowe control shield. The minions were functional on their own and had a respectable amount of health and damage. Galio: expand the radius on his old e so you don't have to go single file to get the benefit of the speed boost. Give him melee bonus damage that scales with his Mr. Everything else about him was fine. Now his identity got shitted on and he's a retarded meathead instead of a wise guardian who I thought was cool.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Why Varus's new lore was doomed to fail.
Not acknowledging the gay aspect of the story is pretty bad on your part. Fact of the matter is this: Varus' wasn't a gay character, he was a man with a wife and child, he was a man out for vengeance because he stood his post, did his job, and got fucked for doing it it. I am not saying homosexuals cannot be vengeful or have stories of vengeance, but the whole gay-lovers thing was flat-out jarring. Removing his straightness removes his child, it removes his wife, it removes his family entirely, and what's worse is that it's not even fresh because we JUST got Xayah and Rakan, both of whom are fucking Ionian who existed as a couple. Moreover Varus carried with him a classic Robin-like nostalgia, where Robin existed as a highly skilled circus performer who lost his parents to the mob and sought vengeance and instead chose to side with Batman, and eventually became the Red Hood after losing himself to the joker. Varus is pure modern-day nostalgia that a lot of people could easily relate to and had a marvelous theme with fantastic voice-acting. Insofar as LGBT/SJW shit is concerned...? I don't exactly trust Riot on this topic and find it to be a very gray area for them. I get really agitated when I see characters with clearly defined histories and sexual orientations get turned around in drawings/fanfictions/etc because I just see it as being disrespectful to the creator. I recall on one hand during Illaoi's release that she was a strong tough woman who didn't need help from any man, causing some to perceive her as a butch lesbian due to how strong and muscular she was, but then she has a line about wanting to have sex with Braum because he's a big, strong, good looking man. Like c'mon, Riot, make up your fucking minds and at least be consistent with what you say.
Show more

MURDERTROSS

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion