IainG10 (EUW)
: Well, Tencent are EA's biggest fans (at least business model-wise); buy up any IP that might make you money, and run it into the ground trying to milk every fast buck you can out of it
Are you aware tencent has absolutely no say in LoL development? Reportedly riot does not get along very well with them. This is entirely on riot, this time.
: What the fuck did they do to Ryze?
> He's so braindead now what? Reduced him to only being significantly more complex and high-skillfloor than a normal mage, vs utterly unplayable for an average player.
: Little Legends Series Egg Guide
6/10 EA, would not buy again.
Naalith (NA)
: PSA: don't buy Little Legends when TFT releases, this pricing model is scummy even by Riot standards
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A4ovHBWU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-24T21:18:14.174+0000) > > Everybody can do that Everybody can ignore bans to play on different accounts. Ok that needs to be changed, not accepted.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A4ovHBWU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T21:36:37.340+0000) > > Everybody can ignore bans to play on different accounts. Ok that needs to be changed, not accepted. There is no way to ban an individual unless they are a streamer, it is technologically impossible. IP addresses are transient, MAC address and other hardware IDs are extremely easily faked.
: More pings DOESN'T GIVE MORE INFORMATION. It gives the same information 20 tyimes in a row. As I already said earlier, if you ACTUALLY provide additional information with more pings(ex. pinging bot then pingming mid to indicate that's where they're likely going), that's fine. That's good. But if you just ping the same thing 20 times, there's no more information provided by that. It'd be like if we were on voice chat and in stead of saying 'Mid mia' you shouted MID MIA 30 times over'. It's not helpful. It's just wasting everyone's time and attention. Considering you accused me of being worthless, I hardly think you have any moral high ground to stand on here buddy.
> if you ACTUALLY provide additional information with more pings(ex. pinging bot then pingming mid to indicate that's where they're likely going), that's fine. Lmao you finally fucking get it, after backpedaling, spewing irrelevant semantics, and shifting the goalposts for about a week.
: I almost voluntarily gave Riot my money with a skin purchase (moused over the purchase button), AMA
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jnwktKLA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-22T05:52:08.634+0000) > > why is it banned there though? Have no idea, I'm neither from Iran or USA to know what happened but from what I understand the _banned ip country_ attacked some oil trucks?! owned by the _other country_ army, do not consider what I say as fact tho, litereally the single thing I know for sure is that Riot banned their ip login in client.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jnwktKLA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T05:55:39.368+0000) > > Have no idea, I'm neither from Iran or USA to know what is happen but from what I understand Iran attacked some oil trucks?! owned by US army, do not consider what I say as fact tho, litereally the single thing I know for sure is that Riot banned their ip login in client. It _looks_ like a setup of some sort, and a lot of dick swinging. Hopefully it will blow over soon, once john goddamn bolton realizes nobody else actually wants a war with iran. Meanwhile, it is kind of absurd, especially since the servers are local. On that topic, are Garena servers also inaccessible to players in Iran?
: I've had 2 autofill supports do the "nubrac strategy"
Remember how teambuilder had two hour queue times? Please, no. Never again. Removing autofill would be vastly better.
: New Big Brain strat, 1000% never done before, OP, Nerf Please riot
Lmao all the people thinking this is about nubrac somehow..
: What if we have seperate patches for pro scenes?
Riot already noped this, with good reason.
Yoirkie (NA)
: Why limited to 2 rune pages?
You start with two editable ones and can get more for something like 7000BE, which is nothing by the time you need them. The others are not editable or removable, they are just decent presets for a majority of champions and examples for new players to use. Between those and two more you can accommodate most champions decently.
: Beats me. I owned 20 rune pages before they nerfed runes/masteries to hell. Now I just redo the same one every game. It's called "rune page." takes about 8-10 seconds to swap around.
{{sticker:sg-lux-2}} That sounds like user error.. If not, contact support, some sort of bug.
: Time to pull the plug on IBG
: Why in the name of god people don't find Ks-ing a bad thing?!
Foe (NA)
: #unban FamousNubrac . Nightblue3 and FamousNubrac debate
Can everyone just shut up about these two morons already? I get it, it is a fun way for all the gamer-justice idiots to inflate their justice, but nobody cares, and every one of you would have been screaming death threats at them if you had actually gotten them on your team.
: ***
> you insulting others Nobody is insulted except you, and have some weird idea that multiple pings imply you are a bad player. More information is always good. And because you are incredibly insecure, the possibility of someone implying you are a bad player makes you lose it completely. > The fact that you THINK that means there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with you and I would strongly recommend you seek psychiatric help. Someone disagreed with me, they must be insane! Lets flame them!
: Riot pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls...
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T02:22:14.679+0000) > > I see most of them, every one is "i got hacked wtf", no mention of how, usually confirmed phishing. > > Even assuming an alphanumeric *exactly* 8 char password, that would be 1.6 million attempts per second to brute force in a day. The real amount is maybe 0.3 attempts per second, before it locks out entirely. > > I cant tell if you are trolling or just someone with zero understanding of cryptography trying to act informed. Neither. League is really that loose with security. Once again, hence why the complaint about it was so high that it's a big deal. You are the one who thinks League has been on par with standart security in comparison to other launcher models. It hasn't. It really, really hasn't. And I did specify...a rough idea on where to start. Many people don't have just random signs as their password, most actually have full words or initials in them. That already makes the list a whole lot shorter. And you haven't seen them in that case. There have been a number of cases where people quit league of an extended period and came back to see their accounts permanently suspended for supposed cheating, toxic behaviour etc in the time the owner had been quitting. If an account is unused, how can it access a phishing link? Very likely, it cannot.
Ok, if you say so. You cant provide anything remotely technical or any evidence, predictably. >If an account is unused, how can it access a phishing link? Very likely, it cannot. Standard phishing practice for accounts is to let them go inactive before using/selling them, they dont do any good if they get locked or reset within hours. You see this in any non-free game with botting issues, on social media, ect. Tons of "legit" looking accounts suddenly wake up from a year-long sleep and start spamming. > That already makes the list a whole lot shorter. Still too long to break, because the system has a lockout. Guessing a password is effectively impossible unless it is already known and someone is manually trying various numeric suffixes.
: "Yasuo, what does the Scouter say about that Poro's log in position?"
: Thanks for posting this, it really changed how I looked at the incident. That's really weird about the reddit mods though. I'll never understand why people choose to use that over the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Super Sandmanne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbQ45KZd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-20T22:16:14.200+0000) > > Thanks for posting this, it really changed how I looked at the incident. That's really weird about the reddit mods though. I'll never understand why people choose to use that over the boards. The boards are a wasteland. Barrens chat without the humor.
: 🦀SHITTY DEATH RECAP IS GONE🦀
But DR was a core part of the experience, trying to puzzle out how the same person got both kill and assist and why minions are doing true damage..
: TFT is pissing me off.
A ludicrous number of people are trying to play TFT, apparently. The PBE is simply not big enough to handle it all, so this is happening to everyone.
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T01:30:07.132+0000) > > Evidence? > > You have none, because that is impossible. The system locks you out after a minimal number of attempts, on top of a quite long delay when attempting a combination. You also dont understand the number of possible combinations, even weighting it towards letters. Evidence, literally search up every single one of the hacking threads made on the boards within the last 18 months. You will find quite a few people making a complaint about how their account was hacked without the use of phishing link, and instead of a recovery, they got a ban. And LoL has no minimal attempts count. Why do you think the account security is such a joke that people want 2 step verification? A Password is literally your one, sole piece of security and it's difficulty ranges entirely with how much you trust yourself to remember the password. And oh I do understand. Once again you go back to assumptions. for each the number of possible passwords is the basic formula of (nx36)-1 if numbers and letters are included. Double the multiplication if you involve capital letters. And, before it happens, just because I don't immediately present you evidence to my claim does not mean it doesn't exist. You made a statement, it is up to you to prove it or disprove my disagreement, not the other way around. I put faith that you can follow this piece of common sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T01:37:51.203+0000) > > Evidence, literally search up every single one of the hacking threads made on the boards within the last 18 months. You will find quite a few people making a complaint about how their account was hacked without the use of phishing link, and instead of a recovery, they got a ban. > > And LoL has no minimal attempts count. Why do you think the account security is such a joke that people want 2 step verification? A Password is literally your one, sole piece of security and it's difficulty ranges entirely with how much you trust yourself to remember the password. > > And oh I do understand. Once again you go back to assumptions. for each the number of possible passwords is the basic formula of (nx36)-1 if numbers and letters are included. Double the multiplication if you involve capital letters. > > And, before it happens, just because I don't immediately present you evidence to my claim does not mean it doesn't exist. You made a statement, it is up to you to prove it or disprove my disagreement, not the other way around. I put faith that you can follow this piece of common sense. I see most of them, every one is "i got hacked wtf", no mention of how, usually confirmed phishing. Even assuming an alphanumeric *exactly* 8 char password, that would be 1.6 million attempts per second to brute force in a day. The real amount is maybe 0.3 attempts per second, before it locks out entirely. I cant tell if you are trolling or just someone with zero understanding of cryptography trying to act informed.
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T00:00:42.435+0000) > > Solution: dont give away password on "free RP" sites. Anyone saying they have been hacked is completely full of it, and can predictably never supply any evidence. False. many accounts have been obtained without phishing links. Passwords can simply be brute forced because one password is literally all that stands in the way of you and an account, and since you have unlimited chances to guess, all you need is a bit patience and a rough Idea to start from and boom, within 24h of sheer force of will you gained someone elses account. Phishing actually happens quite rarely in comparison. You shouldn't be too quick to assume everything is someone's fault. Things we can't control happen and accidents are a thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T00:32:52.619+0000) > > False. many accounts have been obtained without phishing links. Passwords can simply be brute forced because one password is literally all that stands in the way of you and an account, and since you have unlimited chances to guess, all you need is a bit patience and a rough Idea to start from and boom, within 24h of sheer force of will you gained someone elses account. > > Phishing actually happens quite rarely in comparison. > > You shouldn't be too quick to assume everything is someone's fault. Things we can't control happen and accidents are a thing. Evidence? You have none, because that is impossible. The system locks you out after a minimal number of attempts, on top of a quite long delay when attempting a combination. You also dont understand the number of possible combinations, even weighting it towards letters.
: What
> [{quoted}](name=CallMeTheSheriff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9xopLFWV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-20T20:23:20.721+0000) > > What Apple announced a 1000$ monitor stand at computex. It has no particularly special features and is worth maybe 100$, tops. Along with the new Mac Pro "Flaming Intel Cheesegrater", the internet is merrily memeing it.
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-20T19:57:54.092+0000) > > 2FA can burn in hell, the only people who benefit from it will find other ways to screw themselves over. For anyone else it is a huge nuisance and liability. Very disagreeable. It means the rate of hacked accounts will decrease dramatically and you can get instant alerts incase someone attempts or even successfully bypasses the verifications. One of league's core complaints about the client is the lack of security measures. When your account gets banned, the only thing you get is a ding dong bannu, kiddo, so the wish for reinforced security for one's account has been very high on the wishlist.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6OOBEHRB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-20T20:03:48.383+0000) > > Very disagreeable. It means the rate of hacked accounts will decrease dramatically and you can get instant alerts incase someone attempts or even successfully bypasses the verifications. > > One of league's core complaints about the client is the lack of security measures. When your account gets banned, the only thing you get is a ding dong bannu, kiddo, so the wish for reinforced security for one's account has been very high on the wishlist. Solution: dont give away password on "free RP" sites. Anyone saying they have been hacked is completely full of it, and can predictably never supply any evidence.
StarGift (NA)
: Perma banned for?
> nothing toxic You did nothing _but_ be toxic, all game. Rank flaming, K/D flaming, calling your teammates r%%%%%s in creative ways (no, you dont get a pass for obfuscating it), threatening reports, threatening to AFK.. Start taking responsibility for your own behavior unless you want to start racking up permbans in real life as well. Just a suggestion..
: My faith in the Dev team has been slightly restored
2FA can burn in hell, the only people who benefit from it will find other ways to screw themselves over. For anyone else it is a huge nuisance and liability.
SOLKON (EUNE)
: creating dump memory system bug
Go to a dedicated tech support forum, riot cant do anything about your computer being broken.
: I Think supports should go mid, not bottom
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: Servers in Africa
Logic would say there is not enough market to justify the expense, but if Turkey gets their own entire server.. South Africa certainly has the infrastructure needed to host a large server, at the least.
: dont take the bait hes just trying to piss ahri players off for some reason i also think his ign is accurate
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uELpwfqk,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-20T17:18:40.957+0000) > > dont take the bait hes just trying to piss ahri players off for some reason i also think his ign is accurate Blatantly obvious, also obvious why. Trash gonna trash.
: Personality Profiling: Ahri Mains
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Considering you are bitching about one of the lowest damage and threat mages who has absolutely no hope of getting a kill without hitting every ability.. lmao. Looks like you fed someone real bad. Edit: Yep, you repeatedly turret dove as a melee or got caught out in weird places by an Ahri with GA and an entire kit full of slows. Probably persistently ran at them like a Salt IV Garen. Get kited. Meanwhile your enchanter sup outdamaged you, probably while you ran down lane in an attempt to get that damn fox.
HliNtsev (NA)
: I do chose not to get permabanned. The simple fact that one cant say F you (who? everyone, you, me, all, who knows really, no names were signified) and not get banned for expressing himself with strong words that project strong feelings of disappointment...to who? Nobody knows, it is a general statement. But as the one saying the cuss words you deserve to not play the game anymore. You are a bigot and nobody in the world says those things indirectly....actually people do. If you never have been general with a strong word like the F word, then you are not human. All people use these words to express strong feelings toward an incident that happened but, it does not mean that it was directed toward an individual unless, it is signified by saying F you Riven. Only then can you justify punishment on an individual for being direct with his comment. These things the tribunal and quite frankly all summoners do not put into consideration when reporting "bad behavior"...why? Because once again it can be a number of things. Report him because I am butt hurt.....Report him because I fed his lane and I have to have a counter report just in case riot reviews his report (just maybe, oh no, report back, report first)…..Report him because I don't like cuss words (yeah but my filter is off because I want to know when someone is spelling cuss words right so I know when to really report)…..the list can go on for ages with examples of how and why people report for small things like outbursts for their own mistakes ie: "SHit! I made a mistake. F you.....(now I could be meaning F the Arcane Barrage or F the Super Minion) wait this doesn't matter why, he said the word, he doesn't deserve to play the game with me...… 10 years ago, gamers would laugh at the fact that someone wanted to report you for saying some cuss words. As a matter of fact, the past age of gaming communities (gamers with balls) would have gotten you to quit for being such a little baby for crying about such a small thing like "Mommy he said he hates me". It is all a break in the ability of humans to man up, take it like a man and move on to focus on the matter at hand, the game and winning it.
> The simple fact that one cant say F you (who? everyone, you, me, all, who knows really, no names were signified) and not get banned for expressing himself with strong words that project strong feelings of disappointment Flaming your team. no, you are not allowed to do that, and the words you use dont matter in the slightest. We dont need bratty flamers dragging down games. Having a filter wont prevent people like you from finding other ways to punish their teams for their own failure.
: got my friend permabannede - he blocked me on every media - did I do the right thing?
> that the rest was jibberish but i dont know what he said because he refused to send me the full chat logs. Ultraguilt™ Overall, that sort of "friend" is better off ejected sooner rather than later, and with minimal collateral.
HliNtsev (NA)
: Perma Ban with no chance of reform
How about choosing not to get permbanned? Not being permbanned is incredibly easy. Especially when you get that unskippable warning that you will be permbanned for the next infraction, which takes repeated extreme offenses to reach? So yes, you got plenty of chances to reform and chose not to. nothing of value was lost.
: Ban Appeal
Nobody gets unbanned, but nearly everyone is allowed to start over.
: Lose LP because Froze game.
The game freezing is almost always due to issues with the PC hardware, i can think of maybe two cases out of hundreds where it was the client, and that was years ago on the old one. If you had to reboot your entire system, than is 100% a problem with your PC, userspace software cant lock up a system like that all by itself. Instead of bitching about it, post full hardware specs and any event viewer error logs.
: Majorty of laners are so bad
Could be you being a one-trick who uses an ineffectual build, and people getting displeased when you counterpick yourself. Just a guess.
: It's not so much 'being fragile'... as it is recognizing that anyone who would do that is not worth paying attention to. 1) You're wasting effort. A single ping is very low-impact. Spamming it requires you to spend entire seconds paying attention to pinging in stead of the game. 2) You're insulting your allies. You are making the statement that you feel your allies are too stupid, inattentive, or bad to pay attention unless you spam it. I'd rather not receive notifications from someone who habitually insults their entire team AND wastes effort performing needless tasks. It's not behaviour I prefer to encourage. So I don't.
> 1) You're wasting effort. A single ping is very low-impact. Spamming it requires you to spend entire seconds paying attention to pinging in stead of the game. I cant imagine playing LoL without macros and a gaming mouse, someone not using either has far bigger issues than taking a quarter second to ping. > 2) You're insulting your allies. You are making the statement that you feel your allies are too stupid, inattentive, or bad to pay attention unless you spam it. Fraaaagility alert. If allies are insecure enough for that to even cross their minds, they already tilted themselves with their own worthless existence and are a complete lost cause.
: I have found that multiple pings leads to you getting ping-muted. How do I know this? I ping-mute anyone who spams pings more than twice in a match.
: Does anyone miss building 6 tears?
One game 31 tears https://i.imgur.com/kOQpoqg.jpg
: NB3 and Nubrac both deserve to be ban, LOL
TIL picking Zed sup and autoloss is better than picking Teemo and winning fairly reliably.
: This is why I tell people: One ping is enough. There is never a reason to spam pings... if a person is too stupid to understand after 1 ping, they're too stupid to understand after 5, 10, or even 20 That doesn't justify what they did mind you... leaving/afking is a stupid way to get revenge.
I have found that spamming a trail of pings across the map conveys ideas to awful teammates with more effect than pinging once. Ping MIA on mid? ADC dies to roam, cries. Spam ping MIA/Danger down the entire river? ADC either runs into turret and dies for no clear reason, or retreats.
: How does one get unbanned? Like Tyler1
T1 never got any unbans, and he is swiftly heading right back for another extra-special personal ban. Trash cant change, all bans should be ID bans.
: I Think I Finally Understand What it takes to Climb
> The bots you have on your side perform worse if you type anything in chat. You: *Say anything in chat* Them: LOL U MAD? U MAD TRASH LMAO KS LOL {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: Permanent Banning.
No. Chat restricted players are a liability to their team, which is also part of why they cannot play ranked. A year ban is pointless, may as well be permanent. People who refuse to take responsibility for themselves dont deserve to be rewarded for it. Either shape up or ship out. If someone has actual social issues, they need to seek proper help for it or GTFO if they refuse to accept it.
: riot sucks
{{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Show more

MagicFlyingLlama

Level 131 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion