Wilyum (NA)
: I disagree. A rune should complement a champions abilities. For example Aftershock. Sure someone like irelia could use it but it wouldn't be as viable. The problem with dark harvest is it is so easily used by everyone and increases the damage of the game which people already think is too high. In my opinion it's just adding more damage which is a bad thing right now, I would prefer to see runes that do not dominate because they are op. Why take comet if I can almost just as easily proc dark harvest. It makes other runes useless
> [{quoted}](name=Wilyum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cNd2sNJA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-28T23:52:37.300+0000) > > I disagree. A rune should complement a champions abilities. For example Aftershock. Sure someone like irelia could use it but it wouldn't be as viable. > The problem with dark harvest is it is so easily used by everyone and increases the damage of the game which people already think is too high. > In my opinion it's just adding more damage which is a bad thing right now, I would prefer to see runes that do not dominate because they are op. > Why take comet if I can almost just as easily proc dark harvest. It makes other runes useless You said "sure someone like irelia could use it but it wouldn't be good." Yet the issue I have with runes like aftershock is that many champions cannot use it AT ALL. For many, many champions it's equivalent to predator and cass where it ought to automatically be switched out automatically. That's another reason why there's always "the best rune". Because runes are not generic, you always wanna use the rune that only your champion can use, because it's usually more OP. Dark Harvest wasn't even more damage than Electrocute, but because anyone could use it its "OP". Well, if other runes were generic too, it wouldn't be that OP. Now, you bet that any champion with burst is going to be riding that electrocute d*ck as it has been or all of season 8
Alzon (NA)
: Because Riot thinks it’s OK for counterplay to include standing behind your turret because the enemy got to the minion wave, even if it’s the _only_ option other than feeding/wasting flash at 25% HP. After all, it’s still counterplay. Right? Edit: For the guy who downvoted me, I have a pretty good track record laning against Irelia. I know when to fight her and when not to. I also have a good grasp of how minion waves work. That doesn’t mean I don’t absolutely hate standing behind my turret while the enemy freely last hits with the wave outside of even EXP range for me. Sure it will slow push back to me so I can gobble up a bunch of minions under tower, but at what cost? Losing 40% of my EXP and gold to a hyperscaling champion who gets to free farm? Sure killing her feels nice, but it’s not enough to make up the difference. I’ll come out of lane 3/0 but down 2 levels and 30 CS simply because I’m playing entirely around Irelia’s “windows of power”.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Xoj748Rp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T22:52:35.234+0000) > > Because Riot thinks it’s OK for counterplay to include standing behind your turret because the enemy got to the minion wave, even if it’s the _only_ option other than feeding/wasting flash at 25% HP. After all, it’s still counterplay. Right? > > Edit: For the guy who downvoted me, I have a pretty good track record laning against Irelia. I know when to fight her and when not to. I also have a good grasp of how minion waves work. That doesn’t mean I don’t absolutely hate standing behind my turret while the enemy freely last hits with the wave outside of even EXP range for me. Sure it will slow push back to me so I can gobble up a bunch of minions under tower, but at what cost? Losing 40% of my EXP and gold to a hyperscaling champion who gets to free farm? Sure killing her feels nice, but it’s not enough to make up the difference. I’ll come out of lane 3/0 but down 2 levels and 30 CS simply because I’m playing entirely around Irelia’s “windows of power”. Well said. Hiding behind your turret is appearantly "good gameplay"
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 28
Nerfing base damage was good but might be too weak now with the other buffs stacked on top of it. Should have slightly higher scalings maybe. I can't imagine seeing any Assassin ever take it. It's basically a bad version of electrocute for mages that can't use electro.
: The Profile Page should display the whole SPLASHART
Agree. I have karthas as my background and his face is zoomed in really hard
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: Cant wait for lb mains to complain about nerfs because apparently they cant play her and think she is weak lel
> [{quoted}](name=Fízz v2,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WbpEfUMs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-27T06:23:19.603+0000) > > Cant wait for lb mains to complain about nerfs because apparently they cant play her and think she is weak lel > [{quoted}](name=TheProfezzor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WbpEfUMs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-27T05:58:25.715+0000) > > Guess I won’t buy coven LB :/ lol
Rioter Comments
: Banner of Command was too hard to balance, so they removed it
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z0s1EExi,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-26T10:11:43.198+0000) > I rarely see anyone buy Duskblade anymore because it was really nerfed. Okay now you're fucking lying lol I see duskblade nearly EVERY GAME
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Anivia OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Bx6546eE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T20:04:51.388+0000) > > DH resets on kill , you can't waste it on a "poke combo" (unlike electrocute) > makes execution easier, > > Maybe you need more souls , but you can proc it 5 times in a fight. > > also , it's damage from any source so ANY spell is good for that > Even AA It is difficult to farm stacks especially compared to the old system . I am in plat and the average dark harvest user is getting between 12 and 14 stacks in around 25 mins which is when games are closing out . Old dark harvest saw 150 stacks reached around 20 mins that is equal to 26 stacks under the new system and I have yet to play with someone who has reached 26 stacks. It promotes player interaction. Once again to out scale electrocute you need 20 stacks but bonus ad and ap scaling are better for electrocute
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Bx6546eE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T20:16:28.877+0000) > > It is difficult to farm stacks especially compared to the old system . I am in plat and the average dark harvest user is getting between 12 and 14 stacks in around 25 mins which is when games are closing out . > > Old dark harvest saw 150 stacks reached around 20 mins that is equal to 26 stacks under the new system and I have yet to play with someone who has reached 26 stacks. > > It promotes player interaction. > > Once again to out scale electrocute you need 20 stacks but bonus ad and ap scaling are better for electrocute people don't want to listen to facts. They just wanna ride the DH hype and beg to have it nerfed to the ground so that everyone is forced into electrocute or sorcery.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Malak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-26T15:30:31.672+0000) > > ? they've been here all this time but no one cared Define "been here", cz there was close to no Karthus games at all before 8.23.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T16:55:17.833+0000) > > Define "been here", cz there was close to no Karthus games at all before 8.23. 8.22 had like 1.20% playrate and now he has 2.00% Big increase, but is that really strange considering he's good now? Of course all the people that play karthus are going to spam him and try the new dark harvest. Plus, he doesn't even see proplay. While broken shit like Leblanc and Irelia are good both in solo queu and pro play.
Dynikus (NA)
: really? https://champion.gg/champion/Karthus/ADC https://champion.gg/champion/Karthus/Jungle Because before he literally didn't even have stats for either role. Now he's ranked as one of the highest overall placements in both JG and adc.
> [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T23:28:05.464+0000) > > really? > https://champion.gg/champion/Karthus/ADC > https://champion.gg/champion/Karthus/Jungle > > Because before he literally didn't even have stats for either role. Now he's ranked as one of the highest overall placements in both JG and adc. Don't really get your point. Play rates at 1.2%ish. I said 2% or less. You're right though, he wasn't viable in those roles and now he is. I don't see the problem with that.
: I really like preseason because this is the first time in a long while that the game doesn't have "dead time". At all points in the game, I feel like I'm planning some strategy. No longer are there phases where you need to wait and wait for objectives to spawn... Or walk around waiting for minions to come... Or losing your turret at 4 minutes and waiting for a comeback somehow... Waiting doesn't happen anymore. And I love it! Announcing bounties is wonderful because it gives clear objectives of what to do, who's worth what amount of gold, and how we can take them down to come back. Turret plating leaves room for a lot of different champions to thrive. Lane bullies will poke the plating down for gold, late-game oriented carries will be able to farm up in longer (safer) laning phases, junglers have more room to gank. When turrets do fall, the pace of the game moves very fast and you need to be on the top of your macro-game to keep up with the pace. Minions running down the lanes and objectives having bigger uptimes is so exciting! Proper rotation and strategic decisions are rewarded greatly. For the losing team, the game will be closing out more satisfyingly. Meaning, you'll be given a couple of chances on catching bounties or landing a good teamfight, but if you fail to do this before the enemy can end you, you lose! I enjoy that as well, there will be no dead time because you always have to chase people down. I've played a lot of games in preseason, like 30 ranked and probably 50 normals by now, and even after the first game after the new patch I asked myself... How was LoL even fun before this patch?! The new added depths of strategy regarding macro is amazing! I absolutely love it.
> [{quoted}](name=Queen Rakan,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BrJf3dhk,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-11-25T12:28:00.349+0000) > > I really like preseason because this is the first time in a long while that the game doesn't have "dead time". At all points in the game, I feel like I'm planning some strategy. No longer are there phases where you need to wait and wait for objectives to spawn... Or walk around waiting for minions to come... Or losing your turret at 4 minutes and waiting for a comeback somehow... Waiting doesn't happen anymore. And I love it! > > Announcing bounties is wonderful because it gives clear objectives of what to do, who's worth what amount of gold, and how we can take them down to come back. > > Turret plating leaves room for a lot of different champions to thrive. Lane bullies will poke the plating down for gold, late-game oriented carries will be able to farm up in longer (safer) laning phases, junglers have more room to gank. When turrets do fall, the pace of the game moves very fast and you need to be on the top of your macro-game to keep up with the pace. Minions running down the lanes and objectives having bigger uptimes is so exciting! Proper rotation and strategic decisions are rewarded greatly. > > For the losing team, the game will be closing out more satisfyingly. Meaning, you'll be given a couple of chances on catching bounties or landing a good teamfight, but if you fail to do this before the enemy can end you, you lose! I enjoy that as well, there will be no dead time because you always have to chase people down. > > I've played a lot of games in preseason, like 30 ranked and probably 50 normals by now, and even after the first game after the new patch I asked myself... How was LoL even fun before this patch?! The new added depths of strategy regarding macro is amazing! I absolutely love it. I agree. I really feel bad for Riot being on the receiving end of a bunch of angry kids that will complain no matter what. This preseason has been a success. This doesn't mean I agree with everything Riot does. I still think there are a lot of idiots at Riot, specially with the PAX event. But these preseason changes are fantastic.
: The Leona in the provisional rank screenshot has a Ruby Sightstone Why do you taunt me :(
> [{quoted}](name=Pokemonred200,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BrJf3dhk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:44:43.843+0000) > > The Leona in the provisional rank screenshot has a Ruby Sightstone > > Why do you taunt me :( you're all going to ignore the fact they all have electrocute?
Rexxiee (NA)
: 10% pick rate "only being played by mains" LMAO. For you to have an idea, RIVEN, a champion who is literally the most mained champion in the game, has around a 7~8% pick rate on average. Yeah im sure theres more karthus mains in the game than riven mains, i'll BELIEVE THAT LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Rexxiee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-26T16:12:35.269+0000) > > 10% pick rate "only being played by mains" LMAO. > > For you to have an idea, RIVEN, a champion who is literally the most mained champion in the game, has around a 7~8% pick rate on average. > > Yeah im sure theres more karthus mains in the game than riven mains, i'll BELIEVE THAT LOL. 10% pick rate? you trolling dude? it's like 2% or less
Dynikus (NA)
: Uh no, right now he's not only being played by Karthus mains. Dark harvest and the changes to runes gave him a significant buff, and he's being picked a lot more now.
> [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-26T05:56:47.160+0000) > > Uh no, right now he's not only being played by Karthus mains. Dark harvest and the changes to runes gave him a significant buff, and he's being picked a lot more now. still under 2% playrate based on champion.gg but ok
: Oh wow, so those "mains" decided to pop out of the blue now? What about last patch? Or the one before that?
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ysMxK8Bj,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-26T12:35:53.250+0000) > > Oh wow, so those "mains" decided to pop out of the blue now? What about last patch? Or the one before that? ? they've been here all this time but no one cared
: I've seen people get "disciplined" for using the word 'retarded. Maybe that's what he's referring to. Cait's gay? lol.
> [{quoted}](name=ßlended Fetus,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=bXO6bO9L,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-25T16:34:39.488+0000) > > I've seen people get "disciplined" for using the word 'retarded. Maybe that's what he's referring to. Cait's gay? lol. everyone is fucking gay nowadays
: I don't think Dark Harvest needs a revert, but it needs tuning.
If DH gets removed, I want to see Electrocute removed too. Electrocute is even better on assassins/burst mages and I've had to deal with that all season 8. My opponent gets OP electrocute and I get....aery? Now with DH, we're on even footing.
: Dark Harvest Meme
As soon as I read ARAM I lost interest. Yes, DH is broken on ARAM and shouldn't be on there. No, it doesn't mean we can't have it on SR
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 22
Karthus is a realllyyy old champion that hasn't been changed much throughout of league's history. The majority of Karthus players have millions of mastery points on him over 1 or more accounts. Something to consider when looking at statistics. Whenever Karthus is in a good spot, he's going to perform really well simply due to how much practice Karthus players have. His Q and macro aside, newer Karthus players should be able to do okay if they farm and AoE. What a well designed champ Karthus is. A bit tough at first but rewarding to play and has a small, dedicated community that main him.
Zeanix (OCE)
: “Karthus is performing noticeably better”
Karthus is doing good but other stuff is doing better. Swain bot for example. Brand, Sol, Lux mid, other examples Why are people even talking about Karthus? I guess because of those youtube videos of people doing insane R damage lategame(surprise) with DH on top of that?
Emo Twink (OCE)
: I main burst mages and I feel disgusted with how easy games have become because of it.. I just want it flat out removed, the rune can't be balanced.
> [{quoted}](name=Paddle Star,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NgUGvpAH,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-11-25T01:22:22.307+0000) > > I main burst mages and I feel disgusted with how easy games have become because of it.. I just want it flat out removed, the rune can't be balanced. enjoy while it lasts, then it's back to assassin meta again. Although given you are a Zoe main, hasn't season 8 in general been a joke to you?
: so "adapting to change" is now what your calling "abusing the OP shit". if riot makes 5 champions 10x better than all other champsions.. thats not riot "balancing the game" and u refusing to adapt to change thats riot NOT knowing how to balance the game.
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Em6PWWu7,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-24T20:58:59.719+0000) > > so "adapting to change" is now what your calling "abusing the OP shit". > > if riot makes 5 champions 10x better than all other champsions.. thats not riot "balancing the game" and u refusing to adapt to change > thats riot NOT knowing how to balance the game. You saying the new things are OP doesn't make it OP. How about you PROVE that you can use the new "OP" stuff? Actually win with the things you claim are OP and then make your argument. Tired of seeing people on lose streaks making angry posts claiming they lost to OP champs when in reality they just suck.
Rioter Comments
: So with all the outrage going on Boards with Riot's latest changes...
I don't believe a word coming out of 99% of people on these forums anymore. Every time I see the hot page it's always idiots whining. Turret plating's specifics were announced a while ago and everyone liked it. As soon as the kids got into a game and realized turret plating or not, they still suck, they go on forums and blame Riot and ask for a new balance team. It's not Riot's fault that you suck. Just get good. When you make a post complaining about balance changes, I want to be able to go into your history and see 5-10 wins in a row where you carried. That shows you actually know how to play but have real constructive feedback or simply don't like what you have to do to win.
: Dark Harvest and conqueror should be reworked or deleted.
People complaining about DH but not Electrocute which does more damage on a shorter cooldown unless you have 20 stacks... Assassin bias is strong
: Dark Harvest's slot should be replaced with an entirely new rune.
No, because electrocute is only available to assassins while dark harvest is usable by mages.
Shurik (EUW)
: REMOVE DARK HARVEST FROM ARAM
I agree dark harvest shouldn't be in aram
usul1202 (NA)
: Does Riot plan to further nerf dark harvest?
Well, Aram is a different game. Just disable dark harvest in aram?
: As a Karthus main
Lol DH isn't even OP. You guys are all riding that hype train so hard it's disgusting. It's a GOOD keystone for champs that can't run Electrocute. That's about it. I still run Electrocute on champions like Talon. Yes, DH is great on Karthus, mainly because no other keystone is.
: Day 150 of unreleased Karthus emote! Give it up for Day 150!
All Karthus mains must unite and stand against this evil (or good?). How dare Rito delay our emote for so long
: Can we nerf Talons base MR? ( Reasonable Thread )
lets give everyone the same base stats, the same abilities, but different skins. Now everything is perfectly balanced!
: > [{quoted}](name=Malak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IopeEddm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-23T23:58:32.240+0000) > > lol ok buddy > > They don't like a change that came out days ago, have no idea how it impacts the game, and haven't adapted to it. They just played a game, realized they still suck, and make a post about how the changes are awful. Right, but they're also all toxic. And you're a saint. We just on a role with these absurdities aint we? XD
> [{quoted}](name=hi ìm groot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IopeEddm,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:13:13.611+0000) > > Right, but they're also all toxic. And you're a saint. We just on a role with these absurdities aint we? XD alright you don't even make sense anymore
: Maybe they should implement a Secret Santa system
: This is a fairly whiny post about people whining lol. But seriously, at calling the community toxic because they don't like a change and you do... you just need to sit tf down lol
> [{quoted}](name=hi ìm groot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IopeEddm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-23T23:28:07.126+0000) > > This is a fairly whiny post about people whining lol. > > But seriously, at calling the community toxic because they don't like a change and you do... you just need to sit tf down lol lol ok buddy They don't like a change that came out days ago, have no idea how it impacts the game, and haven't adapted to it. They just played a game, realized they still suck, and make a post about how the changes are awful.
: I made a thread about how much I love gd and not many people cared about that. Whining and shit posts sell, love doesnt :(
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IopeEddm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-23T17:19:31.017+0000) > > I made a thread about how much I love gd and not many people cared about that. > Whining and shit posts sell, love doesnt :( GD?
: im talking about dark harvest as in everyone is bringing it... even the tanks
> [{quoted}](name=Wetter Ramen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PR0uE8Ix,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T17:03:21.532+0000) > > im talking about dark harvest as in everyone is bringing it... even the tanks except that's not true. I only see 0-3 out of 10 people with dark harvest. Mostly mids that can't use electrocute. People are trying out the new rune though, it's to be expected if you sometimes see a bunch of them.
Rioter Comments
Kei143 (NA)
: Dark harvest CD timer?
already has a timer
: The New Dark Harvest
exactly what champs shouldn't have it? It's a generic, weaker version of electrocute
Rexxiee (NA)
: Multiple dark harvest procs in a short period of time on the same target shouldnt be allowed
"but its impossible since the moment they drop 2 spells on you and proc 3 dark harvests you instantly die" ?? It has a 45 sec cooldown? You guys are actually making shit up at this point
: Neeko is a dumb pander to the LGBT community for money
great, another gay champion why is sexuality even referenced so much? what if we made a champion that is always commenting on how she loves boys or something?
: Snowday Soraka's icon should look more like Soraka
: Cutting steak with a spoon is hard, yes. Doesn't mean the spoon isn't simple to use.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yp4o80Ng,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-21T17:04:13.234+0000) > > Cutting steak with a spoon is hard, yes. Doesn't mean the spoon isn't simple to use. What does "simple to use" mean anyways? If you're losing, can you really say you're "using" the champion correctly? Thus, due to the fact that most Garens cannot climb to high elo (they are losing too many games to do so), Garen isn't simple to use. Simple to pick up in a norm? Sure.
: High Diamond queues starting to become depressing
Lol who the hell thinks diamond is garbage elo fucking kids are watching too many challenger streamers and think they're good too but "don't grind enough" or "bad teams" when most of those shits can't get past silver 4
: Thank you for Neeko
They sneaked in a stealth in there but that's okay I guess
: > [{quoted}](name=Malak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B7OI0ZUH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-21T05:18:43.261+0000) > > ? > > Dark harvest does 50-80 damage, electrocute does up to 180 and has nearly double the scaling damage from AD/AP. Not to mention the significantly shorter cd. > > Yes, Dark harvest is available to more champs (that don't have the capability of proccing electrocute), and has a special scaling feature. Yes it has a takedown reset. > > But you'll want electrocute on most assassins/burst mages anyways. Dark harvest also resets on takedowns and stacks infinitely, so electrocute doing "up to 180" damage means very little when dark harvest is straight up free scaling damage regardless of stats. Even tanks can pick up DH and outscale electrocute. Not to mention DH procs off ALL damage, meaning it's applied by everything. Karthus ult, ignite, Teemo mushrooms...
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B7OI0ZUH,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-21T05:47:15.685+0000) > > Dark harvest also resets on takedowns and stacks infinitely, so electrocute doing "up to 180" damage means very little when dark harvest is straight up free scaling damage regardless of stats. > > Even tanks can pick up DH and outscale electrocute. > > Not to mention DH procs off ALL damage, meaning it's applied by everything. Karthus ult, ignite, Teemo mushrooms... I mean, Dark Harvest is a good keystone, but saying that its straight up better than electrocute is just wrong. Let's say you're Zed, your job is to kill the fed ADC. What good does Dark Harvest reset do here? You either kill the fed ADC and win or you die and lose. In this case you want the 180 + 40% of your AD as damage. Dark harvest is better for tanks and mages. Even if you kill your target, champions with damage gated by cooldowns want to retreat for a moment before jumping again.
Show more

Malak

Level 127 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion