Rioter Comments
: Smiting Practice?
In the first half of taking dragon/baron, look above your spells and you will see an icon for smite with a number on it. That number varies between 390 and 1000 based on level. You need to know what it is, and right after the objective's HP falls to that level, use smite as soon as possible.
: Please make a LAG emote.
This could be an Ekko emote.
Dextraos (NA)
: BLACK CLEAVER STATES THAT IT GIVES YOU 20 MS WHEN DEALING PHYSICAL DAMAGE, ONLY GETTING 10 EXTRA
Also, raw movement speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%, and raw move speed above 490 gets multiplied by 50%. As a ranged Lucian who only benefits from half the move speed benefit of Black Cleaver, you would get 8 movespeed if you are above 415 and 5 move speed if you are above 490. This is why I don't take Celerity on Hecarim, but CDR runs instead, because I'd rather get 10 free CDR and overcap it for damage than get a 4% move speed boost (instead of the 8% advertised) at 800 movespeed.
cabbysb (NA)
: Can someone DM me when the damage meta is over???
: PLEASE change the meta, for the sake of your own game!
I'm soft quitting or taking a break right now. I miss how the game used to feel. The slower time to kill, the fullness of a 50 minute game that could go either way... The game had satisfying wins and losses. Today, the games are often crushing defeats or dominating victories, and it is missing the satisfaction of pushing against the challenge for your win. The most frustrating thing is how quickly I die when I get behind, no matter what items I build to try to turn the game around and no matter how careful I try to play. It takes 1 interaction to kill me quickly. It takes getting caught once, and it's another instant death, no chance to outrade or evade at that point. This game makes me so mad with the uncompetitive experiences that I find most of my games are either frustrating losses or boring wins.
Rioter Comments
: Can we allow losing bot to make comebacks already? Every game is a coin flip
The higher offenses and fewer defenses of Runes Reforged scewed the field of potential damage output and damage reduction, enabling snowballs. This led to towers melting, so next season, they added tower plating to slow the early game snowball. Turret plating has more gold for the winning lanes, so they snowball harder than before around mid game. Increased damage and increased gold causes this. Runes Reforged did this. (we need like 27 armor and 27 magic resist available together on mini runes for the game to feel similar to the past, not including the increased damage of the actual runes)
: > [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYk5iALM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-03T07:27:39.473+0000) > > I liked how the different stats actually worked, though. Damage did damage, and resists actually resisted damage. Depending on what you built, you saw the effect in how long your health bar lasted and/or what the Time to Kill on the enemy ways. In today's meta, there is so much overkill that can be done in under a second, that tank stats don't prevent the overkill potential. Burst is just that powerful right now. Back then, Chain CC was one of the ways to come out ahead in team fights? Today, 1 single CC gets the target bursted down so fast. > > Tanks could build Warmog's for sustain, while non-tanks could build lifesteal for sustain. > > Tanks could last in fights and heal in between fights if they had a Warmog's. However, I played a lot of lifesteal builds on Xin Zhao and old Aatrox, and I tried to whittle tanks down and do area damage with ravenous hydra's. I had 27 armor and mr from old runes, and I built a ninja tabi and a maw of malmortius with a couple attack speed and lifesteal items. I was good to try to drain-tank down the front line (which succeeded and failed depending. it's not a flawless strategy). This brings me to my final point... > > Concepts did what was intended. On-hit builds were good for steady damage and whittled down health pools. Crit was good for burst and did big chunks of damage. Armor Penetration and last whisper/black cleaver were good to counter tanks, even in the tank meta. Attack Speed was good when there was a time you can attack many times before you die. You saw your armor purchases do work on your damage reduction. Ditto with magic resist purchases. Tanks effectively front lined and carries effectively hid behind tanks. Assassins had squishies in mind, but they had enemy tanks they had to avoid. ADC's has to stay with the tanks so the enemy assassins would not find them and delete them. I even had my most fun with fighters because I'd dive the frontline and try to lifesteal my way to victory while putting MYSELF in danger to do so. > > That was what made that meta fun. May I ask you elo in that meta? I don't want to rankshame or anything, but in my elo, picking fighter was lost, tanks outtraded you after first back, you would be called troll and they would probably dodge multiple times, same for assassins, you couldn't climb that meatwall to get to that adc, especially after censer abusing started. Tanks could do tons of mistakes but there wasn't real way to punish them, unlike now, you will probably survive 3 secs while being focused by 5 ppl, can't see reason why you should jump into 5 ppl and survive for eternities.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYk5iALM,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-03T07:37:17.690+0000) > > May I ask you elo in that meta? I don't want to rankshame or anything, but in my elo, picking figher was lost, tanks outtraded you since first back, you would be called troll and they would probably dodge multiple times, same for assassins, you couldn't climb that meatwall to get to that adc, especially after censer abusing started. > > Tanks could do tons of mistakes but there wasn't real way to punish them, unlike now, you will probably survive 3 secs while being focused by 5 ppl, can't see reason why you should jump into 5 ppl and survive for eternities. I was like silver 4 to 3. I was playing Xin and drain-tanking those meaty tanks. I'm surprised my build didn't become popular, because I thought that was the answer to the tank meta. Drain tank 'em, and if they're smart, they'll chain-CC me so I can't lifesteal, and kill me while CC'd. I used to build Red-Smite Bloodrazor, Ravenous Hydra, Blade of the Ruined King, Ninja Tabi, Black Cleaver and either Maw of Malmortius or Bloodthirster. My runes were 14 Armor Pen Reds, 27 Armor Yellows (@ level 18) , 27 Magic Resist Blues (@ level 18 ), and either 4.5% lifesteal Quints, or 1.5% Lifesteal Quints and 10% Cooldown Reduction Quints. Scaling armor and magic resist helped you AT LEAST around mid-game and steadily more-so as the games dragged on. Further purchases of the Ninja Tabi and the Hexdrinker that built into Maw of Malmortius helped significantly for their respective damage types. It permitted the other stats to do their work. Today, health, armor and magic resist stats aren't effective because they're not as plentiful in the background runes system like they used to be. Meanwhile, more damage than before is accessible in the runes. These runes are what caused the painful paper towers of Season 8. Rather than fix the source of the issue, which is additional damage from runes reforged, Riot increased turret defense, but put a bunch of gold there. Now, turrets are kind of fixed, but there was more than one option on how you could have fixed towers. Runes Reforged is full of damage still, and Players don't have Player Plating like towers have Tower Plating. They just blow up still. Then, the enemy gets his gold lead bigger off tower plating. Then, the enemy does significantly more damage than the too-much-damage he was already doing, and the game snowballs. Runes Reforged STILL has too much damage, just it can't be used to blow up a tower like Season 8, but you can blow up players still. Runes Reforged, while it could be reverted, could also be fixed and kept similar to what it is. Mini Runes need to be Big Runes, allowing the 27 armor and magic resist I used to be able to get on my old runes page. 6 armor and 8 magic resist are a quarter of what I want to be happy with runes. Then, defense runes and keystones need to do better, more dependable jobs of keeping my champion safer if I choose to slot my runes this way. Please, Riot.
: Which part was funny part about that meta exectly? "Look at me I can't die, hehe"
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYk5iALM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-03T07:13:16.812+0000) > > Which part was funny part about that meta exectly? > > "Look at me I can't die, hehe" I liked how the different stats actually worked, though. Damage did damage, and resists actually resisted damage. Depending on what you built, you saw the effect in how long your health bar lasted and/or what the Time to Kill on the enemy was. In today's meta, there is so much overkill that can be done in under a second, that tank stats don't prevent the overkill potential. Burst is just that powerful right now. Back then, Chain CC was one of the ways to come out ahead in team fights? Today, 1 single CC gets the target bursted down so fast. Back then, tanks could build Warmog's for sustain, while non-tanks could build lifesteal for sustain. Today, Tanks die before before they can leave combat to use their Warmog's, and lifesteal champs die immediately unless they win the fight (which they won from their damage, not the healing, most of the time, because every lifesteal item that isn't Death's Dance or Hextech Gunblade doesn't heal you when you use your abilities to instantly kill your enemy) Back then, tanks could last in fights and heal in between fights if they had a Warmog's. However, I played a lot of lifesteal builds on Xin Zhao and old Aatrox, and I tried to whittle tanks down and do area damage with ravenous hydra's. I had 27 armor and mr from old runes, and I built a ninja tabi and a maw of malmortius with a couple attack speed and lifesteal items, and I felt the effects of each of the different stats I paid for. I was good to try to drain-tank down the front line (which succeeded and failed depending. it's not a flawless strategy). This brings me to my final point... Concepts did what was intended. On-hit builds were good for steady damage and whittled down health pools. Crit was good for burst and did big chunks of damage. Armor Penetration and last whisper/black cleaver were good to counter tanks, even in the tank meta. Attack Speed was good when there was a time you can attack many times before you die. You saw your armor purchases do work on your damage reduction. Ditto with magic resist purchases. Tanks effectively front lined and carries effectively hid behind tanks. Assassins had squishies in mind, but they had enemy tanks they had to avoid. ADC's has to stay with the tanks so the enemy assassins would not find them and delete them. I even had my most fun with fighters because I'd dive the frontline and try to lifesteal my way to victory while putting MYSELF in danger to do so. That was what made that meta fun.
Rioter Comments
GigglesO (NA)
: when can defense be on par with offence
This game is so frustrating. The value in defense stats is it buys you more time to do more things, but in this meta It buys you absolutely nothing except the illusion that you lasting longer before inevitably dying actually matters when it doesn't (You die at the hand of a single enemy rotation, and you don't get to use a second set of your rotations before you're dead). The value of offense stats is that you do more with less action. The value of defense stats is that you get to do more actions that do less damage each. Today's defense stats don't allow you to do more things like it should because there is so much damage in the game AND we lost the level of background armor and defense we used to build on the old runes. This is why Garen with the passive armor and magic resist on his W feels good to play. Poppy too. Anybody without these feels squishier than 2 seasons ago by a long shot.
: Exhaust is dead
Damage is oversaturated, you can't even exhaust a fed enemy and hope to survive an all in dive from a fed enemy.
: Tahm Kench in top lane is filthy
> [{quoted}](name=Horse Grenades ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7NLjNGbU,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-25T14:17:47.859+0000) > > If this is what tank meta is, then get me out. Just rework him if you made his kit too strong to be balanced That is not even close to Tank Meta. Tank meta is this video, and the game should fall somewhere in between the current reality of gameplay and this video of the past tank meta. I also suggest the old tank meta was fun as it was. I just built lifesteal and sustained off the enemies' high health pools to kill them. https://youtu.be/n2wINUuipmc
: RIOT suffered a 21% drop in profits.
More games have me hit rock bottom emotionally than excite me. Some of these games are just so snowbally and humiliating, that I don't want to queue up for another most of the time. If my friends leave League, I more than likely would too, as they're the one of the few reasons I play this game, outside of a thread of fond memories for previous seasons and how those were balanced and the amount of fun I used to have. In the past, in Season 5, trades and team fights were less consequential, and games were drawn out and had suspense up until the end. Win or lose, it was satisfying playing through to the end. Now in season 9, playing a game out feels like an exercise in self humiliation and degredation, it's so humiliating to lose 4 to 38 or whatever these crap scores are that happen often. In the other direction, crushing an enemy 38 to 4 has no excitement or satisfaction, just a quick end and sending myself on my way to another independent game, while this previous victory gave me nothing good besides the W. I prefer, competitive, close, exciting finishes, like I used to get in Season 5 where the average game time really was around 45 minutes long, because people didn't delete or get deleted in the starting instants of multiplayer interactions. Seriously, do you see these 5 man jungle invades to get a laner popping off so he can go 11/0/1 by midgame such that our jungler would go afk? Yea, this super-burst meta is horrible and leads to god-awful game experiences, so please pay attention, Riot.
Azca33 (NA)
: WTF Did I Just Watch?
I don't watch much e-sports, but I blame the damage meta the leads to snowballing which ruins my own games. Do they make for more exciting e-sports? I only watched 2 games in the finals, and they were romps.
: i'd like to "clear up" a small mistake i see here in the comments. ignoring any sort of armor pen, after 200 armor or magic resist, its really better to buy health. you have the 70% damage reduction and it wont go up by much more. you could spent almost 3k on a frozen heart to get 300 armor total, but you will "only" ignore around 77% then. i think at this point pure health is just better. only amumu and rammus have a small benefit from stacking only resistances. amumus e gives him more resistance against autoattacks and rammus is a walking thornmail.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTQZ0a6k,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-18T17:43:18.534+0000) > > i'd like to "clear up" a small mistake i see here in the comments. > ignoring any sort of armor pen, after 200 armor or magic resist, its really better to buy health. you have the 70% damage reduction and it wont go up by much more. you could spent almost 3k on a frozen heart to get 300 armor total, but you will "only" ignore around 77% then. > i think at this point pure health is just better. > > only amumu and rammus have a small benefit from stacking only resistances. amumus e gives him more resistance against autoattacks and rammus is a walking thornmail. But, I have a serious question. Armor is paired with health very often, so what could you do? THere are very few pure health items that offer big health returns and have no armor, but they do include Warmog's, Frozen Mallet, and maybe Sterak's Gage assuming it triggers. Every other high health item is paired with damage, such as Titanic Hydra, Black Cleaver, etc., and yet, those offer about as much health as a health+armor item like Sunfire Cape, Deadman's Plate. You're always getting around 300-450 health on a health item, whether it is paired with armor or damage, and yet you say to stop building armor at a point. So, do you build health plus damage items then? So, what would malphite do? Not continue to build health and armor? Frozen Mallet offers 700hp, which is only 250hp above the average 450hp on a health item. The only health item that seems a lock vs pens would be Warmog's at 800 health. I guess, if an AD champ, I could do Frozen Mallet, Sterak's Gage, or Black Cleaver, and if an AP champ, Rod of ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, or Liandry's Torment. Notice how these alternatives are NOT more health-stacky than the original plan of tanking up save for possibly 3 items (Warmog's, Frozen Mallet and Sterak's Gage)
Nhika (NA)
: Hecarim damage cap needs to be toned down...
Not really. I've mained Hecarim for a year and a half. Tank champs counter Hecarim, because when my predator is used up, if the enemy isn't dead, its risky for me to drag on a fight. Other Champs with invulnerability or untargetability, like Yi during Q, Zed ulting, Fiora doing that parry stuff, Kyle ulting, Taric ulting, Fizz pole jump, and Kayn going invisible and landing on you... They all waste your E dash and drastically lower your dashing hit damage. Tanks, also single-handedly survive the one shot with stats alone. You counter Hecarim with the above. If he gets nerfs, then that's not fair. His damage comes from these stupid runes reforged, not his kit, and when they nerf damage in the rune pages and buff tank stats, any Hecarim nerfs they do now will gutter him in the future. EVERYBODY is 1 shotting people right now, not just Hecarim, and it's the runes' fault. (also item balance causes it too)
: To Junglers / Autofilled Jungle
Can I get banned for forcing duo top from jungle? I've been wanting to duo top, but I'm afraid of being banned over it.
: Tanks weren't ever popular unless they outdmged every single class in game, you won't change it by making them more tanky, unless it's going to be so tanky that they will outdmg everyone. No one is going to prefer tank over character that can do something himself without relying on your teammates. Also can you stop exaggeration, you can play tanks, if your sick mind wants to, at least in jng or as supp and if you really insist, for whatever sick reason to play top ones, you can onetrick one. Look at Seju, Nunu, Rammus and Mumu(tho he is building some ap sometimes) and supports, they are doing well. Call me Hashinshin, but play as/vs tank isn't going to ever be fun, unless you are sick in the head. Honestly, as gross as it sounds, I prefer to play vs ranged toplaners than vs tanks in tank meta, since it simply doesn't matter what will happen in lane.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m4yXlvEc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-11T07:14:52.889+0000) > > Tanks weren't ever popular unless they outdmged every single class in game, you won't change it by making them more tanky, unless it's going to be so tanky that they will outdmg everyone. > > No one is going to prefer tank over character that can do something himself without relying on your teammates. > > Also can you stop exaggeration, you can play tanks, if your sick mind wants to, at least in jng or as supp and if you really insist, for whatever sick reason to play top ones, you can onetrick one. Look at Seju, Nunu, Rammus and Mumu(tho he is building some ap sometimes) and supports, they are doing well. > > Call me Hashinshin, but play as/vs tank isn't going to ever be fun, unless you are sick in the head. > > Honestly, as gross as it sounds, I prefer to play vs ranged toplaners than vs tanks in tank meta, since it simply doesn't matter what will happen in lane. My "sick mind" doesn't want to play tanks, but rather lifesteal Xin Zhao, which is impossible when the game is this bursty. I used to jump onto the tanks protecting the ADC, ulti to split a team apart and try to go 1 by 1 through the enemy ranks. Now, you die mid E with the amount of burst in the game. Try playing Mordekaiser and lol run up to a team fight. You'll die before your 350 move speed gets you inside Q range lol. Tanks give lifesteal a some use. The very viability of tanks makes other classes and builds viable in order to counter tanks. With tanks being useless, a lot of items and champs don't have a use, and the bursty environment that created the uselessness of tanks makes several other strategies useless as well. When your losing. You will be 1 shot whether you try split pushing to catch up on xp or 5 man turtling to protect your butt's and getting even further behind on xp and gold. There is just too much damage, which kills strategy. I've adapted and my best strategy is running around 1 shotting as Hecarim. That is the best build of S8 and S9, and that's sad. I want to play how I used to, though, and I can't.
Rioter Comments
Dr1ve (NA)
: Million Dollar Idea
I open up a 1 v 0 custom SR game, look at my ping, then abandon the game.
Zurman14 (EUNE)
: Best build for Miss Fortune?
I do aery, manaflow band, transcendence, gathering storm, magical footwear and cosmic insight. Take ignite and your choice of other summoner spell ( I like exhaust for the all ins) Mini Summoners are: 1-10 percent CDR Adaptive Damage Armor Items roughly in order are: Death's Dance Infinity Edge (finish only B. F. Sword, then move on for now) Berserker's Greaves Runaan's Hurricane (then go finish Infinity Edge) Youmuu's Ghostblade Lord Dominik's Regards The idea is getting AD fast first. Your Q hits like a truck, especially when you have your Death's dance and B. F. Sword. Then get Attack Speed, Movespeed, Crit, while your Q continues to hit hard. This will have decent armor pen. Rushing Death's Dance is so good because the components stack AD on your journey to completing it. All the components add either, 10, 20, 25, 50, 65 for various amounts of gold, so it's an efficient way to get AD early in the game for the gold you have and have hard hitting Q's. Manaflow Band helps you become a Q bot.
: Play safe?
> [{quoted}](name=rECatherine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6XsEE4Gi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-15T06:19:46.503+0000) > > Play safe? Yes, play safe, take zero damage. Otherwise, take non-zero damage and die or beacon home with 10% hp and just give your opponent gold either way so they can do it again when you come back. I'm not talking about early game. I'm talking about mid-game when you're down a bunch of kills and towers, and you're running around trying to help your team. Some fed enemy is able to just eliminate all of us at will, and there is nothing we can do about it. You can unload everything you got in that person, they're going to 2-hit KO you. You literally have to concede everything to them and just lose the game. You could try to get them, but you'd be basically feeding at that point. This is tied with last season to be the worst season to date. I've never in my 10 years of playing this game felt disheartened to just stop caring about winning the specific games which become so lopsided, but it's happening. Games get to such bad starts, and mid-game is hopeless, so I begin to feel aloof and stop desiring a win, because it hurts too much to try your best just to get insta-killed when you participate in fights with your team. At least if I feel like a casual instead of a try hard, instantly dying doesn't seem so frustrating. I'd prefer to try hard though, but it's a waste of thought on some of these horrible games with the super high burst on a winning team. On the flip side, when I get ahead, I can run around insta-killing other people. How is that fun for them, and how is that a challenge for me? I prefer the old games from years before where I had to show I could perform sustained success in a game. Those were cathartic, satisfying games. These games today really tilt me by comparison. You literally could raise resistances in the background for everyone to get your Armor and Magic Resistances to a suitable level for your current runes system. Give everyone like 30 armor and magic resistance, scaling to level 18 or something. I basically built it on the old rune pages, but now you force me to go into resolve to get half of that, after 10 minutes! lol. We are all squishy. I'm sorry, I'm tired. I can't keep going on tonight about this tonight. I'm just frustrated that this alien rendition of LoL continues to trend towards ridiculous burst damage available to everyone in the game.
Rioter Comments
: No. Part of the reason they do not have the same rates: Cost. Muramana is 800k less Gold. You get it earlier, and it can stack off both spells AND attacks.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=biKaT30M,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-07T19:06:27.565+0000) > > No. Part of the reason they do not have the same rates: Cost. Muramana is 800k less Gold. You get it earlier, and it can stack off both spells AND attacks. I didn't know auto's stacked the tear. That's actually pretty cool and I might try rushing it to see how fast I stack it. Still, just because you don't have to use mana to get a stack doesn't mean it stacks just as quickly. It still takes longer to finish, making the item less impactful for the duration of the game. I know this because My Seraph's Embrace Anivia can stack tear on CD with her R, and I usually finish the stacking around 18-22 minutes. There is zero chance Manamune can finish it's ticks as quickly, and would likely finish around 26 to 30 minutes, when the games are already getting cleaned up. it's 8 points per tick times a gated ticks per second vs 5 points per tick times a gated ticks per second. that's the math behind tear stacking.
Rioter Comments
: What do players from earlier seasons think is currently wrong with the game?
It really is the damage. As a result of the high damage, a lot of builds and strategies I used to enjoy aren't possible. I cannot build damage, lifesteal, and some resists and try drain tanking with a Jax or Xin. I just blow up. I cannot build on-hit kog-maw and whittle people down. Burst damage is way better than sustained damage. I can't poke and get in and out of engages. There are way to many situations where an old-school poke would be appropriate, but we now suffer the risk of a 100-0 all-in retaliation move from the enemy. A lot of the strategies wouldn't just be underwhelming, like if they weren't meta in the old days. These strategies would literally lead to feeding to the enemy all-ins, and that's definitely not fun. Yes, it's the damage. It really is. Well, it's the lack of the higher quantity of background resists I used to build on my old school rune pages, and the increase in damage available in runes reforged compared to old masteries. The increase in damage available in runes and decrease in defense available in runes compounds on itself, and it compounds with more gold available, and that compounds with how ahead people get with a kill, or 2, or 3 ... etc. Having less access to armor and magic resist compared to before is like giving EVERYONE ON THE ROSTER free lethality or magic penetration, basically. It's certainly what it feels like compared to a few years ago. If you could graph how quickly teams become powerful when winning between then and now, now, you end up with a positive curvature of net-power given to winning players and teams. Before, you had to steadily outplay your opponents several times to get as fed as you can get now, and that felt more satisfying when you had good games then. Now, when I get 3 kills, I can go on autopilot, relax, and just casually win the game. I casually got an S+ today. All it took was a few kills to get rolling. Then again, I get horrible games too. I lost 3-38 once in ranked this week. That wasn't possible in old ranked League. It's because of everything I said in the previous paragraph which explains why winning teams now seem way more powerful than winning teams of the past. I began playing in Season 1, I think, right before Brand was released, and I bought Zombie Brand because it is a beautiful skin. That must have been around 2011.
: One game isn’t a good argument to lower dmg across the board anyone that is that fed can one shot people. Maybe not a literal oneshot, but still kill you really quickly. All b/c you lost one game vs. a champion doesn’t mean she should be nerfed. All b/c you got destroyed by one champion doesn’t mean it was the champion’s fault.
> [{quoted}](name=nargnargnarg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=00000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-04-01T05:26:03.421+0000) > > One game isn’t a good argument to lower dmg across the board anyone that is that fed can one shot people. Maybe not a literal oneshot, but still kill you really quickly. > > All b/c you lost one game vs. a champion doesn’t mean she should be nerfed. All b/c you got destroyed by one champion doesn’t mean it was the champion’s fault. The argument isn't to nerf one champ or another, but rather nerf damage or buff tank stats. We lost Old Runes, and the lower resists and higher damages offered by Runes Reforged are a consequence of that choice. This effectively induces snowball. If you have a large damage-to-mitigation ratio, if you can conceptualize it, then you will see it grow when people get kills and get fed. It can grow to unacceptable numbers in the current meta, where fed people can 2 and 3 tap people, or kill someone in 1 hit with an ability. In the past, during the tank meta, we had a low damage-to-mitigation ratio, and people complained the games were drawn out and some champs were just walking meat shields. If you want to fix this game, you literally just have to increase available armor and magic resist on RUNES, NOT ITEMS, or IN THE BACKGROUND ON ALL CHAMP PAGES. That alone will put the armor and magic resist equations and assumptive values where they need to be to fell more like old LoL. You can also look at these equations. You can use them to show how much 15 to 25 armor difference between old runes and new runes can mean on a champ who builds no armor or magic resist items. Ezreal at level 18 with 6 armor minor shard is 87.5 armor, so his damage taken would be (100/187.5 = 53.3% physical damage intake rate). Imagine him with the 27 armor from before (100/208.5 = 50.0% damage intake rate). Comparing the two, then 53.3%/50.0% means 6.6% increased damage just from being limited to Minor Shards compared to full fledged old runes. If you're taking 6.6% more damage than you used to baseline, then when a champ is doing 2 times the dps because they got fed, they're really doing 2.12 times the dps now. If they're doing 3 times the dps you expect before the runes changes, then they are really doing 3.18% more dps than you expect. The effect of decreasing resists will display compounding effects when people get fed compared to before. Damage disparities compound when the safety net damage resistances aren't there like they used to be. The assumed damage mitigation is gone. The only way I can mock my old rune pages is taking Conditioning Rune on every champion I play. I haven't decided to do that because it's very restrictive, while the old runes were more free. I don't want to be in the poor resolve tree for one thing (although I do make that one thing sound very valuable). Also, Here is their armor and magic resist calculators. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Armor https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_resistance
: Please show the scoreboard in the youtube vid so we know what items she has etc., so we have more context to what’s going on.
> [{quoted}](name=nargnargnarg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-04-01T05:16:04.853+0000) > > Please show the scoreboard in the youtube vid so we know what items she has etc., so we have more context to what’s going on. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3010342779/36483041?tab=overview Also, I tabbed and showed the scoreboard at or shortly after each Neeko back.
: Neekos QE is broken
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-01T00:44:28.193+0000) > > Neekos QE is broken Is that what Neeko does at 30:32? WOW, there is a bad name in the youtube URL and the boards won't spell it out Here is my Channel. The Neeko game is the most recent video on it. I can't post the URL here without, I don't know, deleting it and reuploading it to Youtube because the URL gods are trolling me. I have 30-300kbps internet right now and don't want to reupload it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN5T09lrpVTlr_52ioOogXg
: > [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T15:47:01.608+0000) > > I had 1035 max hp. Neeko's R did 1090. It was the only source of damage on that death recap. It also 1 hit ko'd another teamate from 70 percent life or so. She literally walked up, R'd and dropped a 1v2 double-instakill. > > Many champs who are ahead can get you in 3 autos or 2 autos and a q, including miss fortune, yasuo, riven... This was a general statement that displays it's truth daily when I play League of Legends. > > We let it slide with the statement "wow, how did x get so fed?" Instead, that level of damage and advantage should never exist. The solution is lowering access to damage and/or producing access to better and more varied defense options. > > This isn't an isolated problem, but a problem with balance in general. > > If you want a replay of what Neeko did that game. I can get you one within 24 hours. this is an isolated problem. You should not be hit by an Neeko R unless that Neeko flashed onto you. There is a reason why AP Neeko has such an atrocious winrate. She is not reliable in the slightest. Seems to me you misplay and then complain when you die as a result of your misplay
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T16:22:32.092+0000) > > this is an isolated problem. You should not be hit by an Neeko R unless that Neeko flashed onto you. There is a reason why AP Neeko has such an atrocious winrate. She is not reliable in the slightest. Seems to me you misplay and then complain when you die as a result of your misplay https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3010342779/36483041?tab=overview I will post a video later tonight shadowing her plays for 38 minutes. You will see the unjustifiable snowball tied to the high damage in the game. The Neeko started 20/0, then started getting sloppy, but still finished 29/3/7. She would have gone 29/0 if she really wanted.
: wut is this threat even... so somehow a Neeko managed to get to you and hit you with an R... ok then you say she needs to hit you with 2 to 3 autos plus an ability from someone else... ok so you were having a 1v2? Tryndamere doing that sort of stuff isn't new though? depending on how late the game is this is something he has always done. You mentioning random scenarios without any context whatsoever means very little because that means you think it's possible from lvl 6 to lvl 18, from having 1 completed item (sometimes) to a full item build. That it can happen to the squishiest of champions to the tankiest of champions. There needs to be more context than "this champion landed everything and 100-0d me!" ok... says nothing at all about the champion itself or damage in the game since there is no context other than "this dude did everything right and killed me!"
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prfBmEt6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-31T15:24:13.442+0000) > > wut is this threat even... so somehow a Neeko managed to get to you and hit you with an R... ok then you say she needs to hit you with 2 to 3 autos plus an ability from someone else... ok so you were having a 1v2? Tryndamere doing that sort of stuff isn't new though? depending on how late the game is this is something he has always done. You mentioning random scenarios without any context whatsoever means very little because that means you think it's possible from lvl 6 to lvl 18, from having 1 completed item (sometimes) to a full item build. That it can happen to the squishiest of champions to the tankiest of champions. There needs to be more context than "this champion landed everything and 100-0d me!" ok... says nothing at all about the champion itself or damage in the game since there is no context other than "this dude did everything right and killed me!" I had 1035 max hp. Neeko's R did 1090. It was the only source of damage on that death recap. It also 1 hit ko'd another teamate from 70 percent life or so. She literally walked up, R'd and dropped a 1v2 double-instakill. Many champs who are ahead can get you in 3 autos or 2 autos and a q, including miss fortune, yasuo, riven... This was a general statement that displays it's truth daily when I play League of Legends. We let it slide with the statement "wow, how did x get so fed?" Instead, that level of damage and advantage should never exist. The solution is lowering access to damage and/or producing access to better and more varied defense options. This isn't an isolated problem, but a problem with balance in general. If you want a replay of what Neeko did that game. I can get you one within 24 hours.
Rioter Comments
Sucction (OCE)
: Uh... What? The reason there's so much damage in urf is due to dragon and how much faster you get gold compared to xp. You can totally complain there's too much damage in the game, but don't use a joke, intentionally unbalanced game mode as reference.
> [{quoted}](name=Sucction,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cYtJGrFm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-30T10:49:18.760+0000) > > Uh... What? The reason there's so much damage in urf is due to dragon and how much faster you get gold compared to xp. > > You can totally complain there's too much damage in the game, but don't use a joke, intentionally unbalanced game mode as reference. There is so much damage, a 20/0 Neeko 1 shot multiple people from full health with her R. When R is down, she's 2 shotting people. This was in normals, not URF.
: Is matchmaking horrible because the playerbase has dropped? Or because Riot litterally hates us.
I doubt the player base is dwindling, because, although I quit in s6 and came back in S8, I'm back. In addition, everyone I know personally who played this game long ago still play. I know like 4 new players who I know in real life who enjoy this game more than I do, actually. In addition, my older league playing IRL FRIENDS still play and enjoy the game. I would imagine my experience is the average, median experience, where my friends and I still play. Is that the case in your personal circle? I would argue that PUBG lost a higher proportion of its playerbase than LOL ever did. WoW too.
: I'm Back with More Calculus!
I found calculus to be difficult, and I did indeed complete a lot of calculus courses. In hindsight, I think it is most useful specifically because of integrals, derivatives, and even matrix mathematics. It ultimately allows you to keep inventory on current values, accumulated past values and their significance through the use of integrals, and rates of change of values through the use of derivates. It maintains a wealth of information and can be used to make predictions, which is why it is used in engineering and modeling systems in general. Matrix Math allows you to make the work neat. Calculus is why you can calculate pressures and integrate it across an airplane surface area and arrive at resultant forces and torques. That is just an example of its use.
Rustypug (NA)
: hecarim mains when they cant run at the speed of light and one shot someone
Yes. My current go to Hecarim build chilling smite warrior, Trinity Force, boots of Swiftness, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Duskblad of Drakthar, and Lord Dominik's Regards. Runes are Predator, Sudden Impact, Eyeball Collection, Ingenious Hunter, Nimbus Cloak and Transcendence. Minor Runes are 1-10% CDR, adaptave force and armor. You have as low as 60 second CD on Predator and 24 second CD on Youmuu's Ghostblade at 5 bounties. The God rotation is Predator, Youmuu's, Ghost, E, Chilling Smite, Q, and R (in any direction you like) if necessary. Nimbus cloak enables quick escapes or even escapes after kill secures. Chilling smite enhances your dash damage if you smite before you hit. Predator lasts a while, so don't blow your load on casting ghost, Youmuu's too early on a long distance approach. Save those for being within a reasonable distance first. If you can't secure a kill, hit and run with Nimbus cloak and try again in 60 seconds. You're welcome. P. S. Modified build, but same concept in the video below from mid-Season 8 https://youtu.be/mBb_3TXaVuc
Guadador (NA)
: Pool Party Yasuo
I want to play with Yasuo's big, Styrofoam noodle.
Rioter Comments
Quáx (NA)
: It really depends on when you left. But what I will say is the game is fairly good in terms of balance right now, no one really complains about a certain champ more than another, and even then it can be blamed on the fact that they just lost a game to said champion. What I will say is wrong about the game is the fact that the report system is really bad and many agree it needs a simple overhall and complete rework, and also do not I REPEAT DO NOT try this ranked system that was just added, if you've been gone for a REALLY LONG TIME then they added in new runes, an assassin support, a new hyper carry similar to vayne, a champion that can turn into another champion appearance-wise, and a champ that can steal your ultimate, along with some cool reworks from Swain, Irelia, Akali, Aatrox, Nunu, and a mini Ezreal rework.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilRubberDucky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lz9MBng,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-13T18:17:07.440+0000) > > It really depends on when you left. But what I will say is the game is fairly good in terms of balance right now, no one really complains about a certain champ more than another, and even then it can be blamed on the fact that they just lost a game to said champion. I believe the reason you cannot complain about any one champion right now is because damage is so high across the board, anybody can kill someone with a combo if they get the smallest edge. Then, we get to see everyone "shine" in the meta with those impressive 1-shots. Even Diana, here she comes with her 1 shot. Support lux drops 80 % of my health with a q w or an R, but witg all 3, she combos me for the kill. Here is a thresh/blitz/pyke hook... I am 100% dead, no chance I'm not. Its over, that 1 event gets me 1 shot. Here comes wukong for the 1 shot, khazix for the 1 shot, kayne for the 1 shot, yi for the 1 shot.... You get the picture. No 1 champ stands out when everyone is magnifying 1 game feature of damage, which dwarfs every other mechanic in the game. I play Hecarim and run around 1 shorting people. I play anivia mid, and if I get a slight Edge, I'm 1 combo killing ppl by mid game. Miss fortune also is ridiculously strong, but it's truly the damage saturating the meta, not miss fortune herself, that is the issue. Here are some examples of burst I do: https://youtu.be/mBb_3TXaVuc https://youtu.be/uMFChTNiZpk Beleive me, it's not Hecarim's numbers that give him this damage. It's nobody's numbers. It's the meta. Runes Reforged did this. There, I said it...
Rαy (EUW)
: What happened to toning down damage? Still no plans on the PBE.
I wish they would lower it. Even as a Hecarim main who cheeses the 1 hit KO build, I could diversify my played champs if they lowered damage substantially.
: Apex Legends sitting on 500k viewers on Twitch
I don't like Fortnite's building mechanic. I want a gunfight to be an exhilarating gunfight, such as what PUBG offers. Instead, fortnite offers a speedbuilding and chaotic platforming, and i do not like the controls on keyboard. How can I rapidly change weapons on my 1-5 keys, and also rapidly change through 5 necessary build keys on F1 through F5, when those F keys are so akward to juggle between and press on demand? My F1-12 keys are grouped into groups of 4 and spaced on out my $170 Corsair keyboard, and they're a row and a half in distance above my number keys. Epic squeezed in 5 more critical controls than most shooters have on average, and has caused conflict on my key bindings. These build keys are defaulted to F1-5. I tried rebinding my F1-5 keys to z, x, c, v, b, but that doesn't feel good either. I even put my inventory keys on z, x, c, v, b and my build keys from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to swap the build controls and inventory controls I previously set up, and yet, it doesn't feel good to play still. Therefor, not only do I not control the game well, but I can't even outshoot someone who is insta-building a fortress 10 meters away from me, hiding behind his new walls. There are too many high priority controls for me to attempt to be a speed builder, master platformer, and a twitch shooter. I have small hands. In contrast, PUBG offers what I want, which is intense gun fights, from both close and afar. It offers a suspense and intensity that not a lot of shooters offer. In addition to that, it offers tight, predictable and familiar controls. Finally. there is no unpredictable fort building, which again, is something I dislike about Fortnite. I'm trying Apex Legends, and it's cool, but I am still trying to optimize the graphics. It feels like a little bit slower framerate, and it gets sluggish at times. Even the infamously unoptomized PUBG runs better than Apex Legends for me right now. If I can optimize it for my PC, I could probably enjoy that. I never bought Black Ops 4, because I don't think it offered something i wanted at the price they wanted, when I am super happy with PUBG.
Rioter Comments
: To the people who disliked Tyler1 since back when he was banned, how do you feel about him now?
Tyler1 is so entertaining. Check out his Bob Ross impersonation on YouTube. It's one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.
: What are the good teamfight junglers?
I just like playing Hecarim, using predator boots, youmuu's ghostblaede, ghost summoner, E dash, and Q + Ultimate, to delete whoever on the enemy team is already damaged, and my ultimate carries me through and to the other side of the rest of the enemy team, AoE damaging them, and then Nimbus Cloak kicks in, allowing me to escape through the other side of the thick team fight. The enemy team turns to chase me, but Nimbus Cloak is just too good. My teammates are free to disengage or continue chasing them who try to chase me. I'm in your red already, half a screen away from all of you. In other scenarios where I can press the advantage, I don't run away, Helicopter Q spamming them along with my team for the ace. TLDR Use Hecarim for hit and runs. Dashing in from afar, you convert 4v5's into 4v4's, or, if you stay post-dash, it's a 5v4.
: SOME PLACE MALICIOUS AND WAY MORE METAL
Whoa, they name dropped you, dude! That's great! If I recall correctly, you've been posting pro-Mordekaiser forum posts since like the inception of the game. I remember some of your posts from the early seasons. I hope you're super happy about Mordekaiser rework. I'm pretty excited.
: Why are people encouraging this shit? Like...really. It's a thread complaining about *XIN ZHAO* because someone can't build him sub-optimally...and people are egging this on instead of correcting it. Funnily enough, in his match history, he has 2 Xin Zhao wins and 1 Xin Zhao loss in his recent matches, but here we are saying this guy's favorite build path is "unplayable" because damage is too high...not to mention the audacious Phantom Dancer Hecarim games he's (somehow) winning despite his claim that damage is botching his off-meta build fun. Do ANY OF YOU either commenting now or prepping to in a second think that over-building life steal items on ANY champ, let alone a melee diver like Xin Zhao, is a good idea? Why blame Riot for someone not understanding what they're doing wrong?
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aa9fxw1V,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-22T22:43:08.757+0000) > > Why are people encouraging this shit? > > Like...really. It's a thread complaining about *XIN ZHAO* because someone can't build him sub-optimally...and people are egging this on instead of correcting it. Funnily enough, in his match history, he has 2 Xin Zhao wins and 1 Xin Zhao loss in his recent matches, but here we are saying this guy's favorite build path is "unplayable" because damage is too high...not to mention the audacious Phantom Dancer Hecarim games he's (somehow) winning despite his claim that damage is botching his off-meta build fun. > > Do ANY OF YOU either commenting now or prepping to in a second think that over-building life steal items on ANY champ, let alone a melee diver like Xin Zhao, is a good idea? Why blame Riot for someone not understanding what they're doing wrong? Lifesteal builds was my chosen counter to the tank Meta. High health pool, low damage tanks were great to lifesteal off of. I thought everyone except for myself hated the tank Meta. I liked it because I played lifesteal builds to widdle down the tanks reliably (unless I get outplayed and CC'd) Lifesteal builds had its own counter back then. CC me and damage me, and I could die or lose 75% of my HP and likely not lifesteal it back in time. Today, lifesteal cannot even get started, because the action is concluded nearly immediately, and auto attacks are infrequent and time spent alive with less than max health while not yet dead is so short. Today's counter to insta-death is insta-killing, and nothing else. It takes a pro to do any other strategy in this one hit KO meta. Diversity is suffering. Back to lifesteal... The only way lifesteal can matter in this meta is if all lifesteal items go the way of Death's Dance and benefit from all physical damage. At least we can get skills cast before the fight is concluded and perhaps heal from them. Autos? Not so much. Instead of changing lifesteal, though, I would prefer we have lower damage meta or easier access to tanky stats that actually delay your death, so that engages can last longer, more actions can be made per team fight, and autos can take place, allowing on-hit effects and lifesteal to actually happen. If the damage meta and time to kill is going to stay the way it is now, I recommend you use the Death's Dance model and change all lifesteal items to work with all physical damage. You still would need to rework defense items/stats and how tanks play, though, because they do not function well in a 0-time to kill meta, and neither do on-hit builds work, such as Muramana Jayce or on-hit Kog'maw. So many concerns can be fixed by reverting time to kill to be longer (we had this with easier access to old runes, the 27 armor and 27 MR at level 18. It's because of the defensive stats we can't get anymore, plus all the damage we can get that we couldn't get before, magnified by all the gold you can get quickly by doing well on the offensive end. We see these players, myself included, get out of hand with snowballing, that we insta kill people at will when we play successfully)
Rioter Comments
: Jax...
He had issues prior to the damage meta, but I wouldn't balance him until they lower the damage across the board. He can E, dive on you, stun you, and thwack you before the stun ends. That's an issue with the meta and his kit having a place in this high damage meta. once damage is lower, that 8 second ult all of a sudden doesn't outlive every single fight, so it would have to be used thoughtfully. His E will be on CD during more of his engages, and he will have to actually tank some damage. Then, they can proceed to balance him. I just hate this damage meta. So many people have like 0.75 second kill windows, and some kits are busted around 1 hitting people so quickly. If we have longer time to kills like before, some weaknesses can come out again in some of these kits, including Jax's.
Show more

ManBearPig916

Level 188 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion