: > [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UpJVT9GV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-24T18:59:04.308+0000) > > There is no such thing as a correct opinion. Yes there is....
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UpJVT9GV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T19:00:56.349+0000) > > Yes there is.... Regardless, I still believe Mountain Drake is the best dragon of all of them due to granting those defense stats I desperately need in the back end (not always built through items, but through runes and back-end mechanics like dragon buffs). This is my opinion I want to share. Having an extra bit of armor and magic resist on any build is good. I'd prefer to have more armor and magic resist available through runes, but going and winning mountain drakes to get them makes me work hard for those drakes, because these drakes are worth it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Zerenza (NA)
: Punishing Bad Play
As a jungler, what do I do? I just cleared near my top side, enemy top laner has 80% hp and is pushing 40% hp teammate top laner under my tower. Sounds like a good gank opportunity? No, because I am 2 to 3 levels below and it's essentially a 1v1 where I'm going to get crushed. Vice Versa for Mid Laners in the same scenario. It's cool having more camps more often, but I'm tanking more damage to earn more gold. I'm trading my HP for those early levels and gold coins. I'm going to go gank level 7 tops or mids while moderately damaged as a level 4 or 5 jungler? It makes my role as jungler a high pressure role, feast or famine in every game. Remember every game is snowbally, because they still haven't addressed high damage which makes level and items leads way more valuable than they were in lower damage metas. This means my decisions could constitute as feeding the snowball if I mess up, or inevitably feeding if the snowball has already begun. I don't like that feeling. It's why I hesitate to play each day. I also hesitate to play because laners still incorrectly believe junglers win your games, and you harrass me when we lose. No, the mid laner who gets 5 levels ahead and carries you wins your games now. Talk to them, not me.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Jungle timers are being reduced by 30 seconds. That's a big fucking deal, don't sweep that under the rug.
> [{quoted}](name=TehNACHO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pZFy3BKx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-12T08:05:48.957+0000) > > Jungle timers are being reduced by 30 seconds. > > That's a big fucking deal, don't sweep that under the rug. I see, well I guess I haven't been 100% up to date with PBE changes. That's a small ray of hope. They're putting opportunity cost on ganking again.
: Preseason coming, wait for the inevitable fallout and following rebalance.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pZFy3BKx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-12T07:10:20.146+0000) > > Preseason coming, wait for the inevitable fallout and following rebalance. It's not exactly a jungle buff, from what I hear. Jungle seems to start off bad still in S10. I mean, you take less damage from blue side, and blue side xp will equal red side xp from what I heard, so??? so maybe you can get level 3 on blue side and gank with higher HP than if you did red? That's the only thing I can think of. However, a redistribution of xp won't magically help me match the levels of top and mid through lane phase.
Rioter Comments
: i'd like to beleive its unpopular because of the toxic community harping on junglers not ganking their lane.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenTeaAndPoro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YQisxeGX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-11T08:16:42.183+0000) > > i'd like to beleive its unpopular because of the toxic community harping on junglers not ganking their lane. And yet they're either pushed up with too much priority to be ganked, or they're shoved in themselves, sitting at 30% HP, and their opponent has 100% HP and isn't gankable. Me trying to force ganks makes me want to cry. Because it's a lose lose situation. I can do a losing gank, or leave that lane alone to just die. The jungle being so frustrating to play is why I'm not playing League every day. Also, The burst damage and snowball has me upset too.
: Junglers are at the mercy how lanes perform in between (and within) ganks.
I have had lanes feed their butts off, and I'm still lower level than my feeding teammates. Jungle role is horrible to play.
Rioter Comments
: His current W seems better no? They added a shield on top of his dmg reduction and tenacity
> [{quoted}](name=Cosmochris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gLuVuftf,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-23T22:47:59.981+0000) > > His current W seems better no? They added a shield on top of his dmg reduction and tenacity I'm at work so I cant check yet, but I understand it as this. His new W has 30% damage reduction for so many seconds, and a 10% max hp shield for the first 0.75 seconds. His old W had 30% damage reduction for so many seconds, and 60% damage reduction or so for the first 0.75 seconds. I am saying there are many situations where that extra 30% damage reduction for 0.75 seconds counts for WAY more damage mitigation than a 10% hp shield. Think of a malph ultimate that does 1000 damage. It would mitigate 300 more damage rather than shield 300 to 400 more damage, depending on your max HP, and if it's a pile on from the enemy team, the old W was definitely better for telegraphed all ins by the enemy. Also remember he lost 20 armor and magic resist from his W passive. If his E is brought down to Earth, then Garen will be pretty bad without some compensation buffs or reverts on W. He fills no role other than being a zoning threat, and if his damage is reduced, his tankiness should go up again on his W so he can be the tanky engager and disengager I used to play.
: Did garen nerfs do anything?
When the E is nerfed enough, he will be a drastically nerfed form compared to pre-rework Garen. I want his old W back.
Sydney26 (EUW)
: If u were Riot what would u have done for Preseason ???
I would have replaced mini runes with old runes which are free, so u can obtain higher armor and magic resist numbers on my characters. The map changes are cool, but they need to trend towards options that reduce damage intake better so that buying defense and defensive runes are viable strategies at times.
Rioter Comments
Swimmx (NA)
: What if the LOL world Champions this year speak out in support of Hong Kong.
China already banned South Park and the NBA (Chinese citizens love basketball). If LoL did something risky like that, LoL would be gone in China, and who knows what China would make Tencent do, considering they own LoL. What could a stock owner do to the company he owns at the command of the Chinese Government? I have no idea besides sell or hold stock out of spite.
: My teammates aren't bad, this meta is just very unforgiving
I tell this my friends all the time. They started 2 and a half years ago and I started in Season 1. They don't care about this topic, they disagree and think the game is great. So, I'm close to being totally fed up if we get a 3rd year of terrible stompy games with crazy damage. I quit and they stay, and Riot will churn their playerbase out. You know churn, right? It is where you trade existing customers for new ones. That is not what you do to your fans. Unless your changes are always quality, churn is not a reliable way to make money. Growth is always better than churn (or growth with minimal churn is good)
Rioter Comments
øHaruø (NA)
: Build tank on carries.............
> [{quoted}](name=BigBïtchBërthä,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nr4nab9v,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-01T00:10:20.935+0000) > > Build tank on carries............. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2wINUuipmc&t=81s
: Streaks
So, I first lost 12 of 16 games. Then I won 4 of 5 games. Now, I've lost 7 of the past 8 games. This is not a conspiracy. This is real. I feel like my wins and losses are prepared in matchmaking. The quality of games are decent perhaps 20% of the time, as 80% of the games are runaway victory or defeats. How could you prepare losing streaks like this, of this duration? I look back at this week and realize playing your game is a waste of time. Literally, These games are a waste of time if I'm being prepped to lose due to your algorithm combined with the snowbally nature of this season. I want to play more and rank up, but I'm tempted to count my losses and just stop caring about rank and go play something else. The games aren't competitive, so why treat them like they are? I should go compete in other titles where losses are at least entertaining often rather than helpless and frustrating. When damage was lower seasons ago, losses felt like teachable moments. In today's games, losses feel out of my control and are the total opposite of entertainment. Getting 3-tapped by that fed ADC because your bot lane struggled is not a teachable moment. Getting instantly deleted by anybody on the enemy roster is not teachable. I can't wait for the matchmaking to flip and give me teammates who win lane. Maybe on my 4th night of playing this week, I'll get some of those. I have a documented history of the opposite, however. Playing League of Legends this week was a big waste of time.
: Anivia experiments
I'll send a full message later after work if this isn't enough, but... Seraphs Staff, Liandry's Torment, Sorcerers Shoes, Void Staff, Oblivion Orb, Rabadon's Deathcap, finish Morellonomicon in that order. Summon Aery, Manaflow Band, Transcendence, Gathering Storm, Free boots, and 5% CDR with Mini Cdr, adaptive damage and health runes. I main Anivia Mid when I am in mood for mid and this is very strong since people group up in this meta. Wall, aoe stun and slows, and install kill combos with q r and e are great if you can hit your dashing targets. R zones in a circle and Q zones in a radial line.
: Here we go again... (Garen PBE)
For the amount of time He is spinning in fights, I believe it SHOULD apply some level of on-hit damage. Didn't they remove the on-hit damage? Remember they are trying to nerf him in some areas to buff his spin with attack speed scaling. They originally has on-hit as well on the spin, but the've removed it since it was OP in that form. Like, a good portion of attack speed items have on-hit effects. Alternatively, I believe the spin crits, so he could build Zeal Items and go for multiple spin crits. Even if they said on-hit damage while spinning is reduced to x% per spin tick, which would be a proportional ratio of total spins to the amount of autos that spin duration would have replaced, i would be good because he could AOE that damage. (for example, if he can get 15 spins in the time it would take to do 9 autos, on hit damage is reduced to 60% per spin tic, and if he can only do 10 spins in the time it would take to do 3 autos, it would be reduced to 30% there too). It would do the identical amount of on-hit damage per target, but would do it in an AoE fashion. Then, Blade of the Ruined King and Bloodrazor could be options, and not just Trinity Force and Zeal items. The on-hit effect that was on the PBE could be amended to be fair and balanced. They didn't need to remove it, but they just needed to formulate a dynamic on-hit damage reduction for the on-hits during spin appropriate to be equal in damage when the spin is said and done to the amount of on-hit damage auto attack spamming would have delivered, and potentially could be applied to 5 targets since the spin is an AOE. The PBE prior to removing on-hit damage on his E spawned some videos of it being OP, so the removed it, but it could be balanced. With it removed, the attack speed builds are going to be extremely limited, and he's getting nerfed in other areas to attempt to buff up his spin. I just want to be able to experiment with some fun builds. I guess Trinity Force, Berserker's Greaves, and the rest AD, or a mix of infinity edge and zeal items, are the way his builds are going to be narrowed down to, if you're trying to benefit from his spin buff. Without On-Hit, you're half useful with Bloodrazor, Wit's End, Blade of the Ruined King, etc. since you'll only be spinning for half the time you're in fights, give or take, and you can only utilize on-hits when you're not spinning.
: Streaks
I just lost 2 of 2 tonight, so I'm on a 6 game losing streak. I can't catch a break with your game. I try so hard in these games, and the entire experience is ruined by these teams who feed massive kill counts into one of the enemy laners. This is 2 nights in a row where League ruined my evening. I can't explain their matchmaking, where I can mix good and bad games together across 2 evenings, and not win a single game, rank down towards the bottom tier of this rank ladder, and then begin to consider that maybe I'm not an average player after 10 years of experience, but a garbage one because I'm heading to bronze while I watch other people feed in most of my games now. I expect to have teammates who actually win lane and can carry me sometimes. This isn't happening at all, an this is not for lack of my performance. This feels like calculated team stacking that occurs in streaks, multiplied by the fact that the damage and gold snowballs players out of control. It feels so much like this this season
: Perhaps Resolve's "Second Wind" could get a rework for preseason?
That second wind 10 second heal sure helped a little when I died in 0.3 seconds.
Rioter Comments
: This Would Make Jungle Better (Xp changes)
Bump. I could see this making invading junglers more powerful, but other than that, this seems like a lot of upside that would make all parties happier with how junglers interact in lane phase.
Rioter Comments
Pyrosan (NA)
: Yeah it reduces it by 50% also, it's why you'll see high elo urgot mains ( if they even still exist ) toggle out of their W to proc their passive leg to maximise on the damage in trading since it's a 0.5 toggle at level 9
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrosan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAEMtEpI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-23T23:29:14.382+0000) > > Yeah it reduces it by 50% also, it's why you'll see high elo urgot mains ( if they even still exist ) toggle out of their W to proc their passive leg to maximise on the damage in trading since it's a 0.5 toggle at level 9 Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find this answer through google, so I appreciate it.
Rioter Comments
: You are great at portraying there are no problems
I used to have 27 armor and 27 magic resistance at level 18 with scaling runes. I have much less Armor and magic resist in today's games now, and I face enemies with more damage in their runes than before Runes Reforged. I want bigger mini runes that let me build armor and magic resist comparable to levels I could build several years ago. In addition, I also want robust defense runes that are going to give me the robust experience I want when I select them. Aftershock needs to be changed so non-CC champs can get defense steroids too. I want it on everyone if you could fix it up. There are advantages to better defenses being available. Lifesteal builds can be semi durable and enable drain tanks (they are still vulnerable to CC so its balanced) . Tanks can frontline. That encourages sustained dps adc instead of burst dps adc. Assassin can still kill squishies. The rock paper scissors of balance comes back and the game becomes interesting and engaging. Most importantly, it takes more kills and big durations of sustained success to get Today levels of fed and go off blowing people up in quarter seconds. You'll have to be patient in getting yourself hyper fed, and it's less likely to happen flawlessly. That, in turn, would end the common snowball and make it rarer. Closer game scores would be a more satisfying experience, and they would occur naturally if you make defenses more available and damage less available compared to what we have today. Heck, if damage runes are nerfed, then maybe weak defense runes would be fair. They aren't fair with what is in the Runes pages right now, though. You can see the fairness in how these games play out with all the burst damage.
Rioter Comments
Fëalnort (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tqep1lXE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-16T10:01:01.887+0000) > > I am using Relentless Hunter, and with several bounties, it's very good along with ghost to either escape or make chase depending on the situation. I am already aware of the 2 second ramp up time, after which you have 8 seconds of excellent speeds. Chilling Smite helps you span distance even more, whether you're slowing someone to escape them with ghost, or even if you're closing the gap on them. To chase or escape, ghost is good. But engaging a fight and chasing someone are 2 entirely different things. Speed is not gonna help you evade point and click hard cc. In some matchup you should value the ability to flash over terrain/traps/insta close gap way more than a speed boost. As i say the main difference between the two is that Flash is 100% ALWAYS a good summ to pick, while ghost can be made useless by falling behind or even 1 enemy ability ( mundo Q, point and click cc ..) Your build is .. ok i guess, a bit trollish but can definitly work. Your mistake is to ALWAYS use the same build everygame, even if the enemy team hard counter you. Udyr is easily countered to begin with, hard to play and very heavily rely on positioning. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by staying stuck on 1 build / ghost on top of that ^^.
> [{quoted}](name=Fëalnort,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tqep1lXE,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-16T11:08:08.067+0000) > > To chase or escape, ghost is good. But engaging a fight and chasing someone are 2 entirely different things. > > Speed is not gonna help you evade point and click hard cc. In some matchup you should value the ability to flash over terrain/traps/insta close gap way more than a speed boost. > > As i say the main difference between the two is that Flash is 100% ALWAYS a good summ to pick, while ghost can be made useless by falling behind or even 1 enemy ability ( mundo Q, point and click cc ..) > > Your build is .. ok i guess, a bit trollish but can definitly work. Your mistake is to ALWAYS use the same build everygame, even if the enemy team hard counter you. > > Udyr is easily countered to begin with, hard to play and very heavily rely on positioning. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by staying stuck on 1 build / ghost on top of that ^^. Speed also helps your attack speed function. Being interrupted by not being in melee range messes up your sequence of attacks and harms your kit. I understand how flash makes plays and gives you otherwise difficult opportunities, but I like Ghost for being able to remain on target and have Q attack speed hit on every strike too. Sometimes, without ghost, it's not easy to stick on people.
: Gonna be blunt, your builds are shit, look up some pro guides or pro builds.
> [{quoted}](name=Timethief49,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tqep1lXE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-16T09:57:10.286+0000) > > Gonna be blunt, your builds are shit, look up some pro guides or pro builds. Gee thanks. You sound like some other people I heard in these games telling me to quit this game, stop playing that champ, or whatever. I saw hail of blades Udyr on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYF8iia7etM There's more than one youtube video on it. I like it with high AD because of the 175% AD scaling on Q. Hit Q for your 1st and 4th attack doing an extra 350% total AD in damage. Then build high AD items, including Chilling Smite Warrior, Ravenous Hydra, Berserker's Greaves, Death's Dance, Essence Reaver and Infinity Edge. That's my Udyr Build. It's not identical to anything I've seen before, but it's quite strong. It's difficult when teammates don't call MIA or feed and lead to a single enemy getting fed out of their minds and 1 shotting all of us, including me. It's also difficult vs tanky teams or against high CC. It's also hard enough not invading only to have 3 teammates dies to a 5 man invade. I hate invades in this meta. There is ZERO vision at 0 minutes, and it's not good having a 5v3 at my Red while minions are spawning. These past couple days have been some of the worst this year.
Fëalnort (EUW)
: Dude, i may be off topic, but start by picking flash over ghost depending on the situation XD. I don't care how much you love the spell, ONLY ghost is a REALLY terrible idea and maybe one of the reason you experience so much one sided matchs. The spell is really good when you are ahead and can chase the enemy for days, but if you fall behind, it is 100% worst than flash. The only champs who can get away with ghost are things like hecarim, who has insane mobility and a dash-ult. It CAN work on udyr very well, but watch the matchup, doesn't work vs heavy cc team or champs who are not afraid to 1 vs1 you ( - vs rakan mundo jax ? dude you gonna get rekt / Perma slow, hard cc, good 1 vs 1 on their team - vs trynda lux swain noc ? get rooted all day long, can't run away from nocturn/trynda if they pull ahead - vs mundo voli leona syndra jinx ? sure you can avoid jinx traps, syndra stun,leona stun, volibear grab and mundo slow ? Take flash the list goes on, but every single time you took udyr/ghost vs an heavy cc team, you lost HARD. And you won when they had less hard cc, may be a lead to win more..
> [{quoted}](name=Fëalnort,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tqep1lXE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-16T09:44:59.970+0000) > > Dude, i may be off topic, but start by picking flash over ghost depending on the situation XD. > > > I don't care how much you love the spell, ONLY ghost is a REALLY terrible idea and maybe one of the reason you experience so much one sided matchs. The spell is really good when you are ahead and can chase the enemy for days, but if you fall behind, it is 100% worst than flash. > > The only champs who can get away with ghost are things like hecarim, who has insane mobility and a dash-ult. > > It CAN work on udyr very well, but watch the matchup, doesn't work vs heavy cc team or champs who are not afraid to 1 vs1 you ( > > - vs rakan mundo jax ? dude you gonna get rekt / Perma slow, hard cc, good 1 vs 1 on their team > - vs trynda lux swain noc ? get rooted all day long, can't run away from nocturn/trynda if they pull ahead > - vs mundo voli leona syndra jinx ? sure you can avoid jinx traps, syndra stun,leona stun, volibear grab and mundo slow ? Take flash > > the list goes on, but every single time you took udyr/ghost vs an heavy cc team, you lost HARD. And you won when they had less hard cc, may be a lead to win more.. I am using Relentless Hunter, and with several bounties, it's very good along with ghost to either escape or make chase depending on the situation. I am already aware of the 2 second ramp up time, after which you have 8 seconds of excellent speeds. Chilling Smite helps you span distance even more, whether you're slowing someone to escape them with ghost, or even if you're closing the gap on them.
Rioter Comments
Keiaga (NA)
: Fun, unorthodox builds?
Cho'Gath Jungle Tank: Runes: Grasp of the Undying, Conditioning, Overgrowth, Trancendance, Gathering Storm, 1-10% CDR, +6 armor, +6 armor Items: Chilling Smite Cinderhulk, Warmog's Armor, Spirit Visage, Ninja Tabi, Frozen Mallet, Sterak's Gage Logic: You have good dragon and rift herald control early with double smite and ultimate at level 6. I regularly get 11-16 stacks per game, and have anywhere between 7k and 9.5k hp on most of my decent games. At end game, you can delete a squishy in a teamfight and get even more stacks with R, and end-game sterak's gage is silly big. With this build, your autos and E's do most of your damage, and so does your ultimate. Since it's a 0 AP build, you only use Q and W for jungle clear or for utility in a fight. The E is your main source of non-ultimate damage. Kassadin Hypercarry Mid or Top: Runes: Electrocute, Taste of Blood, Ghost Poro, Ravenous Hunter, Manaflow Band, Gathering Storm, 1-10% CDR, +9 adaptive force, +6 armor Items: Hextech Gunblade, Nashor's Tooth, Lich Bane, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes Logic: You already have a mini nashor's and mini lich bane in your W, so building both is great. Hextech Gunblade adds another spell almost with it's active. There are decent penetrations, high AP, Max CDR, mana regen, and, if you get ahead enough, 1-hit KO's. However, remember that laning can be difficult. An example of a fed Kassadin with this build is this, when I was ahead and got back to back to back 1-hit KO's in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfbjt6WkROQ Udyr Hail of Blades JG, High AD. Runes: Hail of Blades, Taste of Blood, Ghost Poro, Relentless Hunter, Legend: Alacrity, Triumph, 10% attack speed, +9 adaptive force, +6 armor Items: Chilling Smite Warrior, Ravenous Hydra, Berserker's Greaves, Death's Dance, Essence Reaver, Infinity Edge Logic: Your Q does 175% Bonus AD on the first and every 3rd strike thereafter. Q also grants big attack speed (which gets diminishing returns the more of it that you get). Therefore, exploit it and build high AD items. I think I've gotten over 600 AD with this build before, when you have a couple of infernals, which grants a massive 1st and 4th strike when you use Q. Warrior enchant grants a massive +60 AD for just 2600 gold, and tiamat grants +25 more AD and big wave clear for 1325 more gold. You get big returns for spending that gold, as hail of blades with Q up grants you a big burst of damage on your first Q rotation. Berserker's Greaves' 35% attack speed is the most efficient and only attack speed buy you'll need. At end game, a Q rotation will grant 1300 bonus damage per proc, and your regular attacks are critting half the time also. Relentless hunter and Bear Stance spam helps you to roam very well also if you need to split push. Using your Q mostly in fights after mid game has you topping the damage charts and deleting people one by one. You may be vulnerable to mage artillery with heavy CC, or tank teams with heavy CC, but if they load up with damage dealing squishies, you can pick them off well. I'm sorry I only have footage for Kassadin uploaded at the moment.
GigglesO (NA)
: I think others Underestimate why I complain about damage.
There is too much damage. This video shows stupid damage when I had my best game of the year (on a new champ also, whom I hope to learn well). I intentionally got squeezed by 3 players to attempt to ambush them, and I 1-shot them all back to back. They even hit me multiple times, and yet, I am ahead so I get the free kills. These are literally free kills. Back in Season 5 and such, I still had to try to get kills even when I was ahead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfbjt6WkROQ I literally 1 shot 3 ppl back to back with fractions of my kit. I even messed up my E on the first guy not realizing I already killed him with my W, and I wasted my E on air in that mistake. You would think that, tactically, I would need my E for the other 2 enemies, but I didn't need it. How messed up is that? I remember when being fed meant you won engages promptly but not instantly. Those were better days because there was actual room to make mistakes and be outplayed, so the danger was there and felt good. This game now doesn't feel good with the instawin engages or the instalose engages. So, here we are complaining about damage. What should these 3 opponents have done differently to shut me down? I would claim they have such low agency in this situation, that they really needed more bodies for me, and that's kind of messed up. More bodies would still be a toss up, on if I win or not, when I can do instant kill damage and dash around them too.
: Ranked is incredibly stressful
Ranked is 10x better than normals. Ranked games seem to have more attention from everyone and the games feel more competitive, focused and exciting. If a normal game starts in a stomp, it often ends in an effortless stomp. Ranked games show the players' will for a comeback at the very least. I play ranked not just for ranking up, but for the quality of games too. My friends and I play normals together, but when I solo queue, I prefer to play ranked rather than normals.
: Yes you can. People got banned for doing this with nunu and singed last year.
> [{quoted}](name=Death by Glamour,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QwfaYeVi,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-05T12:57:25.218+0000) > > Yes you can. > > People got banned for doing this with nunu and singed last year. I don't know about the nunu and singed, but I saw on youtube a strategy where you don't jungle, you don't lane, and you don't even take smite, but exhaust and ignite instead, and you just non-stop gank as shen, using river as your highway. Your main source of xp and gold is in kills and AoE XP from lane ganks. Is this bannable? I'm wondering if I could make it effective and a winning strategy. It was probably more viable when there were scuttle spawns on both sides of river. I'm typically a relatively passive farmer, and I thought I could use this as an aggressive ganking development exercise. I do not want to be banned, however.
Rioter Comments
: We Win Within 21 Minutes, and Half the Team Still Bad-Manners Their Teammates
I'm already over it and playing again. This community has good and bad apples in it, and we are going to have to keep pressing on even when people misbehave in game. It stinks because they don't say enough to get banned, but they do say enough to strike a nerve with their teammates. This chat behavior is to toxicity as soft inting is to inting. It's similar in intent, but not dramatic enough to cause a punishment.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
sentosa (NA)
: Smiting Practice?
In the first half of taking dragon/baron, look above your spells and you will see an icon for smite with a number on it. That number varies between 390 and 1000 based on level. You need to know what it is, and right after the objective's HP falls to that level, use smite as soon as possible.
: Please make a LAG emote.
This could be an Ekko emote.
Dextraos (NA)
: BLACK CLEAVER STATES THAT IT GIVES YOU 20 MS WHEN DEALING PHYSICAL DAMAGE, ONLY GETTING 10 EXTRA
Also, raw movement speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%, and raw move speed above 490 gets multiplied by 50%. As a ranged Lucian who only benefits from half the move speed benefit of Black Cleaver, you would get 8 movespeed if you are above 415 and 5 move speed if you are above 490. This is why I don't take Celerity on Hecarim, but CDR runs instead, because I'd rather get 10 free CDR and overcap it for damage than get a 4% move speed boost (instead of the 8% advertised) at 800 movespeed.
cabbysb (NA)
: Can someone DM me when the damage meta is over???
: PLEASE change the meta, for the sake of your own game!
I'm soft quitting or taking a break right now. I miss how the game used to feel. The slower time to kill, the fullness of a 50 minute game that could go either way... The game had satisfying wins and losses. Today, the games are often crushing defeats or dominating victories, and it is missing the satisfaction of pushing against the challenge for your win. The most frustrating thing is how quickly I die when I get behind, no matter what items I build to try to turn the game around and no matter how careful I try to play. It takes 1 interaction to kill me quickly. It takes getting caught once, and it's another instant death, no chance to outrade or evade at that point. This game makes me so mad with the uncompetitive experiences that I find most of my games are either frustrating losses or boring wins.
Rioter Comments
: Can we allow losing bot to make comebacks already? Every game is a coin flip
The higher offenses and fewer defenses of Runes Reforged scewed the field of potential damage output and damage reduction, enabling snowballs. This led to towers melting, so next season, they added tower plating to slow the early game snowball. Turret plating has more gold for the winning lanes, so they snowball harder than before around mid game. Increased damage and increased gold causes this. Runes Reforged did this. (we need like 27 armor and 27 magic resist available together on mini runes for the game to feel similar to the past, not including the increased damage of the actual runes)
: > [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYk5iALM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-03T07:27:39.473+0000) > > I liked how the different stats actually worked, though. Damage did damage, and resists actually resisted damage. Depending on what you built, you saw the effect in how long your health bar lasted and/or what the Time to Kill on the enemy ways. In today's meta, there is so much overkill that can be done in under a second, that tank stats don't prevent the overkill potential. Burst is just that powerful right now. Back then, Chain CC was one of the ways to come out ahead in team fights? Today, 1 single CC gets the target bursted down so fast. > > Tanks could build Warmog's for sustain, while non-tanks could build lifesteal for sustain. > > Tanks could last in fights and heal in between fights if they had a Warmog's. However, I played a lot of lifesteal builds on Xin Zhao and old Aatrox, and I tried to whittle tanks down and do area damage with ravenous hydra's. I had 27 armor and mr from old runes, and I built a ninja tabi and a maw of malmortius with a couple attack speed and lifesteal items. I was good to try to drain-tank down the front line (which succeeded and failed depending. it's not a flawless strategy). This brings me to my final point... > > Concepts did what was intended. On-hit builds were good for steady damage and whittled down health pools. Crit was good for burst and did big chunks of damage. Armor Penetration and last whisper/black cleaver were good to counter tanks, even in the tank meta. Attack Speed was good when there was a time you can attack many times before you die. You saw your armor purchases do work on your damage reduction. Ditto with magic resist purchases. Tanks effectively front lined and carries effectively hid behind tanks. Assassins had squishies in mind, but they had enemy tanks they had to avoid. ADC's has to stay with the tanks so the enemy assassins would not find them and delete them. I even had my most fun with fighters because I'd dive the frontline and try to lifesteal my way to victory while putting MYSELF in danger to do so. > > That was what made that meta fun. May I ask you elo in that meta? I don't want to rankshame or anything, but in my elo, picking fighter was lost, tanks outtraded you after first back, you would be called troll and they would probably dodge multiple times, same for assassins, you couldn't climb that meatwall to get to that adc, especially after censer abusing started. Tanks could do tons of mistakes but there wasn't real way to punish them, unlike now, you will probably survive 3 secs while being focused by 5 ppl, can't see reason why you should jump into 5 ppl and survive for eternities.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYk5iALM,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-03T07:37:17.690+0000) > > May I ask you elo in that meta? I don't want to rankshame or anything, but in my elo, picking figher was lost, tanks outtraded you since first back, you would be called troll and they would probably dodge multiple times, same for assassins, you couldn't climb that meatwall to get to that adc, especially after censer abusing started. > > Tanks could do tons of mistakes but there wasn't real way to punish them, unlike now, you will probably survive 3 secs while being focused by 5 ppl, can't see reason why you should jump into 5 ppl and survive for eternities. I was like silver 4 to 3. I was playing Xin and drain-tanking those meaty tanks. I'm surprised my build didn't become popular, because I thought that was the answer to the tank meta. Drain tank 'em, and if they're smart, they'll chain-CC me so I can't lifesteal, and kill me while CC'd. I used to build Red-Smite Bloodrazor, Ravenous Hydra, Blade of the Ruined King, Ninja Tabi, Black Cleaver and either Maw of Malmortius or Bloodthirster. My runes were 14 Armor Pen Reds, 27 Armor Yellows (@ level 18) , 27 Magic Resist Blues (@ level 18 ), and either 4.5% lifesteal Quints, or 1.5% Lifesteal Quints and 10% Cooldown Reduction Quints. Scaling armor and magic resist helped you AT LEAST around mid-game and steadily more-so as the games dragged on. Further purchases of the Ninja Tabi and the Hexdrinker that built into Maw of Malmortius helped significantly for their respective damage types. It permitted the other stats to do their work. Today, health, armor and magic resist stats aren't effective because they're not as plentiful in the background runes system like they used to be. Meanwhile, more damage than before is accessible in the runes. These runes are what caused the painful paper towers of Season 8. Rather than fix the source of the issue, which is additional damage from runes reforged, Riot increased turret defense, but put a bunch of gold there. Now, turrets are kind of fixed, but there was more than one option on how you could have fixed towers. Runes Reforged is full of damage still, and Players don't have Player Plating like towers have Tower Plating. They just blow up still. Then, the enemy gets his gold lead bigger off tower plating. Then, the enemy does significantly more damage than the too-much-damage he was already doing, and the game snowballs. Runes Reforged STILL has too much damage, just it can't be used to blow up a tower like Season 8, but you can blow up players still. Runes Reforged, while it could be reverted, could also be fixed and kept similar to what it is. Mini Runes need to be Big Runes, allowing the 27 armor and magic resist I used to be able to get on my old runes page. 6 armor and 8 magic resist are a quarter of what I want to be happy with runes. Then, defense runes and keystones need to do better, more dependable jobs of keeping my champion safer if I choose to slot my runes this way. Please, Riot.
Show more

ManBearPig916

Level 212 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion