Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-05T08:25:42.570+0000) > > If there's even the SLIGHTEST chance of my personal data being at risk I will NEVER give a company a chance. How would you like it if someone got your credit card information because of Epic? Like...do I really need to explain this more? That has happened multiple times on Steam though. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9k8qv5/steam-exploit-left-users-vulnerable-for-10-years https://www.databreaches.net/steam-hack-was-worse-than-originally-reported/ https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/steam-hit-with-security-breach-that-exposed-thousands-of-user-accounts/ I'm not defending the action, but Steam isn't so squeaky clean either. >You NEED to protect yourself in this day and age, and if that means not doing business with certain companies then so be it. I agree. >Epic is also owned by Tencent (the same Chinese company that owns Riot), so that's another red flag for me. Aside from safety concerns, they're a sh*tty company (Steam doesn't purchase exclusive rights) and their launcher sucks. I mean Steam isn't this paragon it once was either again tbf. They refuse to make games anymore in house and just are more of just being a platform to buy games. Let's not forget all the shit they refuse to curate and allow onto the steam workshops letting actually good games be clouted out by a near never ending river of just shit. HELL, now that I think about it, literally EVERY one of their actual games except for Half Life was either a mod OR owned by another company that they just bought. Left 4 Dead wasn't originally made by Valve, it was made by Turtle Rock, who Valve then acquired to sell on their platform so I really am not seeing the difference between this and Epic doing the exclusive rights thing, as for the launcher sucking, fair, it is subpar, I agree. I also don't really understand the hate of exclusive rights and don't see how it is any different then console exclusives. >There's also the fact that I don't want a million launchers on my desktop... This seems to be the thing that I see more often then not but I just don't get it, just don't have them turn on on launch, this is like the textbook definition of first world problem. Again, I'm not condoning the the spyware, that shit isn't defendable, and actually fucked, and I'm also agreeing with the fact the client at this time is trash, but I don't understand the hate of exclusive rights, especially when they aren't charging anymore then Steam would, nor do I understand the notion of "I just don't want another launcher."
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-05T08:41:43.017+0000) > > That has happened multiple times on Steam though. > > https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9k8qv5/steam-exploit-left-users-vulnerable-for-10-years > > https://www.databreaches.net/steam-hack-was-worse-than-originally-reported/ > > https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/steam-hit-with-security-breach-that-exposed-thousands-of-user-accounts/ > > I'm not defending the action, but Steam isn't so squeaky clean either. > > I agree. > > I mean Steam isn't this paragon it once was either again tbf. They refuse to make games anymore in house and just are more of just being a platform to buy games. Let's not forget all the shit they refuse to curate and allow onto the steam workshops letting actually good games be clouted out by a near never ending river of just shit. HELL, now that I think about it, literally EVERY one of their actual games except for Half Life was either a mod OR owned by another company that they just bought. Left 4 Dead wasn't originally made by Valve, it was made by Turtle Rock, who Valve then acquired to sell on their platform so I really am not seeing the difference between this and Epic doing the exclusive rights thing, as for the launcher sucking, fair, it is subpar, I agree. > > I also don't really understand the hate of exclusive rights and don't see how it is any different then console exclusives. > > This seems to be the thing that I see more often then not but I just don't get it, just don't have them turn on on launch, this is like the textbook definition of first world problem. > > Again, I'm not condoning the the spyware, that shit isn't defendable, and actually fucked, and I'm also agreeing with the fact the client at this time is trash, but I don't understand the hate of exclusive rights, especially when they aren't charging anymore then Steam would, nor do I understand the notion of "I just don't want another launcher." You know nothing of Valve internally judging by the things you are saying. Valve doesn't refuse to make games, its that people that work for them don't want to make games, they made Artifact recently and it failed miserably because of many different reasons. Turtle Rock made Counter Strike Condition Zero and CS: Source, then much later they made l4d for Valve. Valve owns Counter Strike so they contracted Turtle Rock to make them a game. Then later they bought out Turtle Rock to make l4d, later Valve shut down Turtle Rock (Valve South) and let them go off to do their own thing, only keeping the l4d rights. Buying talent, letting talent go, this is not the same as straight giving money so they can't sell their product where ever. Valve aint perfect, but to say Valve will never make a game is false, they will make a game if it seems worth while. Also Contracting people to make games for you is also fine. Valve is a software company, not a video game company, they've only truly made Half-life and Half-life 2, they revolutionized the way PC gaming is and in turn created a monopoly, this monopoly was not created because of pushing others out, it was because no one thought then it would be as huge as it is now. Valve invested in something and now because they're huge because of it everyone wants in on it. Oh and I forgot they made Portal as well.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: The score is 9-13 and our 1-0 kayle has a 800 gold bounty.
I mean, I had a game a while back where I was like 1/0 maybe 2/0 and had an early cs lead, like 20 or 30 cs. I got ganked and pushed off a lot but never died and was worth like 800 gold. My lane opponent was a bit ahead of me in cs. I can't remember the exact numbers but I just remember that I was worth more than the 550~ gold I got from those kills... My opponent by that point, if I remember correctly, didn't have a bounty but had like 1 kill and like a small margin of cs over me. I did get the cs lead back once the minions got to me, but it was like 10 at most. It felt so bad because I was worth so much even though I was equal or behind him in terms of gold.
: New annie and evelynn emotes need sounds
: Why was Shyvana retconned?
Shyvana's dad reminds me of this MH animation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ06dNYem1U He will always be remembered... but I needed that gem, what can I say.
: Chat restriction - Opinions about my case and the guide lines
Rough life bro. I mean any form of "critism" in this game is deemed "toxic". Like you can try typing to your teammates to communicate and call tactics out then be reported for "tryping too much" and ACTUALLY banned for that. I kid you not I've seen that as a reason. You're not very toxic, you're playing to win, you basically say I did better than my opponent but I was not good enough to carry. You said it in "your" way, meaning your personality and how you like to project your own persona and some people didn't agree with your persona and because you had some trigger words for the system you got banned. It really is that simple. I don't agree with it at all, but I'm not who you have to convince, you have to convince good ol' banbot 3.0 over there. I also want you to know that posting on the player behavior forums is not a good idea, many people come on here to prey on people who are down. Like the first guy who posted here. They want to set you off and get you mad.
: How the fuck am I supposed to build against Kai'Sa?
Poorly designed champ, the best way to counter her is with more damage or pure focus fire + cc. Every Kai'sa will R into your entire team anyways so you might as well one shot her. Other than that, no amount of tank items will protect you, you just have to kill her faster and that usually involves teammates.
: Devils Advocate on Kha'Zix Buffs
Kench should have a 48% win rate top, he is a support.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWlZFLbM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:36:45.601+0000) > > To be fair, the whole panel is female only. It isn't barred from males for an x amount of time as much as the only thing males can go to is meditation hour and riot ama. All the other cool stuff you go to panels for, the art direction, champion direction, design choices, future plans, and other really cool things is female only. I think that is why people are so mad, because some people go to these events strictly for the panels and well you literally can't go to the Riot panel to view anything in it as a male. This panel wasn't an art panel, a champion design panel, a future plans for the game panel or ANYTHING like that. It was specifically a recruitment panel so females interested in working for Riot could have a direct Q&A with women already working at Riot, and get insight on resumes for applying at Riot and tech companies. Nothing you said was part of this panel.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWlZFLbM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-07T15:55:46.257+0000) > > This panel wasn't an art panel, a champion design panel, a future plans for the game panel or ANYTHING like that. It was specifically a recruitment panel so females interested in working for Riot could have a direct Q&A with women already working at Riot, and get insight on resumes for applying at Riot and tech companies. Nothing you said was part of this panel. 10 AM-12 PM: 1-on-1 resume review & feedback 12-3 PM: Presentations including: Art + Champions/Skins Design How to be a Producer Narrative Writing Production Careers Game Design Advanced Cosplay Educate yourself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:29:45.541+0000) > > Okay, that's fine and dandy but like, what I said isn't false. What I also said pertains to "contracts" and "contracted work" (assuming using a real contract) would fall under that definition. If I break said contract I'd still owe the cost of the contract. Just because they live in California does not mean contracts don't work the same way. > > Employment however may be a different story I am not fully informed on that, and this IS about employment. So I will take your word for it on that "at will" statement. I, however, disagree with the last statement, a contract is a contract. I was working for an aerospace company (not naming them) where I was contracted as a Team Lead for one of the maintenance centers. I got in a disagreement with my boss over who we should hire. (He wanted to hire someone with a degree but no experience, I wanted to hire someone with no degree but 8 years of experience) The next day I got a call letting me know my contract had been terminated. No prior warnings, no disciplinary action, no write ups, just like that, I was out of a job. Point being, I still had a year and 3 months left on my contract, but they are not required too pay me for that time. Technically it is my fault for not negotiating a "For Cause" contract, which Daniel Klein may have with Riot, but regardless, discriminating and verbally attacking customers on social media is potentially a cause for termination.
> [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:51:04.415+0000) > > I was working for an aerospace company (not naming them) where I was contracted as a Team Lead for one of the maintenance centers. I got in a disagreement with my boss over who we should hire. (He wanted to hire someone with a degree but no experience, I wanted to hire someone with no degree but 8 years of experience) The next day I got a call letting me know my contract had been terminated. No prior warnings, no disciplinary action, no write ups, just like that, I was out of a job. Point being, I still had a year and 3 months left on my contract, but they are not required too pay me for that time. > > Technically it is my fault for not negotiating a "For Cause" contract, which Daniel Klein may have with Riot, but regardless, discriminating and verbally attacking customers on social media is potentially a cause for termination. That's pretty petty reason to fire you. Were you in California though? Just curious. On top of that I guess there are different types of contracts with different types of lenience I honestly didn't know that. Good to know, sorry to hear that happened to you though.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:22:08.841+0000) > > My statement still stands, you can terminate him regardless of any contract. Riot would have consequences in the short term, however as it stands they may meet consequences in the long term. I don't think termination is the best course of action. Riot would need to coax him to come out and apologize and if he doesn't, find a legal way of termination. They can do what they please, they just may have consequences for said actions. > > The comment I responded to literally said since he is under contract Riot can not do anything, that statement is false because Riot can terminate him if they so choose to. The contract does not make him untouchable, however, consequences may arise for Riot if the breach the contract. Riots best course of action at the moment is a public apology by the individual and a temporary suspension.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:27:36.177+0000) > > Riots best course of action at the moment is a public apology by the individual. I agree completely, I think an open apology for how he acted is the best course of action. Both for Daniel's reputation and Riot's.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:54:06.563+0000) > > Then you'd know any broken contract means the side who broke the contract owes the other side compensation, it can be as simple as paying out the remainder of the contract. If for example I sign a contract to get $1000 every month for one year and in turn I do a service for them two things can happen. If I break it then they may just not pay me anymore, if they break it they may owe me the $1000 + maybe more depending on if I can prove "damages" that happen from the broken contract, on top of that I wont have to fulfill their side of the contract at all. So I'd get my $1000 + potential damages and they would get none of my work in return. > > Every contract is breachable. The reason is because they wont send you to jail for breaking any contract, they will simply try to take as much as the contract would have allowed them to take otherwise. > > Correct me if I am wrong, but don't just say "You're wrong because I say so with no evidence to prove otherwise other than I work with contracts! Take my word for it!". Enlighten me, even if Daniel was under contract, he can be fired. Except California is an "At Will" employment state. At any point, the employer or employee can terminate their employment for any reason. Including contract work.
> [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:13:41.931+0000) > > Except California is an "At Will" employment state. At any point, the employer or employee can terminate their employment for any reason. Including contract work. Okay, that's fine and dandy but like, what I said isn't false. What I also said pertains to "contracts" and "contracted work" (assuming using a real contract) would fall under that definition. If I break said contract I'd still owe the cost of the contract. Just because they live in California does not mean contracts don't work the same way. Employment however may be a different story I am not fully informed on that, and this IS about employment. So I will take your word for it on that "at will" statement. I, however, disagree with the last statement, a contract is a contract.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:10:22.851+0000) > > I am not saying to terminate him, rather I am saying a contract does not stop the termination. I could care less if he keeps his job to be honest. I am simply stating that they can fire him even if he is under contract. There will be legal consequences, most likely through continue waged salaries for the remainder of the contract. Even "illegal" termination, lets say no contract was breached, is still grounds for compensation, so back to my statement that Riot could illegally terminate him, they would just have to compensate him, in some way. Now Daniel could say he wants to keep his job, or say he wants compensation for lost wages. However, it would be in his best interest to ask for lost wages as who would want to work for a company that fired them. Terminating contract is literally terminating the individual . If said person was terminated for a situation like this they would most certainly press charges against the company for defamation of character which can add up to millions on legal fees and payout. This is big stuff man. This whole situation is simply a learning experience for riot and another example that twitter politics DO NOT WORK.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:17:20.510+0000) > > Terminating contract is literally terminating the individual . If said person was terminated for a situation like this they would most certainly press charges against the company for defamation of character which can add up to millions on legal fees and payout. This is big stuff man. > > This whole situation is simply a learning experience for riot and another example that twitter politics DO NOT WORK. My statement still stands, you can terminate him regardless of any contract. Riot would have consequences in the short term, however as it stands they may meet consequences in the long term. I don't think termination is the best course of action. Riot would need to coax him to come out and apologize and if he doesn't, find a legal way of termination. They can do what they please, they just may have consequences for said actions. The comment I responded to literally said since he is under contract Riot can not do anything, that statement is false because Riot can terminate him if they so choose to. The contract does not make him untouchable, however, consequences may arise for Riot if the breach the contract.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:14:34.183+0000) > > Sick of that misused picture. It isn't relevant to this situation. It is more applicable to just kick the guy out and take his box. Lastly someone pointed out the third picture to that. Make the fence see through then you don't have to give anyone boxes, anyone can watch no matter their height. My statement still stands, equality and equity are the same thing. Equality being you want everyone to be equal, and equity is you wanting everyone to be fair. Being fair and being equals are the same thing. In fact, equity is a synonym for equality. > > the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. > > That right picture the one that says "equity" that is clearly equality. You can easily see it because it is using the final word "opportunities" and giving everyone an EQUAL opportunity to view the game. Actually...equal is not fair. Not in that context anyway. Equally leveled does not equate to equal positions as you can see. Because equality requires context in terms of individuality. People are not all the same as is demonstrated by that picture.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=0007000000000003,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:09:26.148+0000) > > Actually...equal is not fair. Not in that context anyway. Equally leveled does not equate to equal positions as you can see. Because equality requires context in terms of individuality. People are not all the same as is demonstrated by that picture. It is an equal opportunity to view the game, not saying they are genetically equal. There is no "real" equality as people like to point out, it is only equality of opportunity. We can not account for everyone's gender, age, height, weight etc. We can however give all of those said things the same opportunities because it is impossible to equate everyone as equals. Want to equal opportunity from that picture, add the third bit where it is a chain link fence that everyone can see through. Now no one needs boxes at all and everyone can see through, truly the most equal option, it accounts for every person in that exact situation. To be honest though, I am not really sure what you're entirely saying because all the pictures are "equal" everyone has equal boxes, everyone has equal availability to see the game.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:54:06.563+0000) > > Then you'd know any broken contract means the side who broke the contract owes the other side compensation, it can be as simple as paying out the remainder of the contract. If for example I sign a contract to get $1000 every month for one year and in turn I do a service for them two things can happen. If I break it then they may just not pay me anymore, if they break it they may owe me the $1000 + maybe more depending on if I can prove "damages" that happen from the broken contract, on top of that I wont have to fulfill their side of the contract at all. So I'd get my $1000 + potential damages and they would get none of my work in return. > > Every contract is breachable. The reason is because they wont send you to jail for breaking any contract, they will simply try to take as much as the contract would have allowed them to take otherwise. > > Correct me if I am wrong, but don't just say "You're wrong because I say so with no evidence to prove otherwise other than I work with contracts! Take my word for it!". Enlighten me, even if Daniel was under contract, he can be fired. Because it is illegal to terminate someone over a situation like this it is literally hearsay.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:05:02.393+0000) > > Because it is illegal to terminate someone over a situation like this it is literally hearsay. I am not saying to terminate him, rather I am saying a contract does not stop the termination. I could care less if he keeps his job to be honest. I am simply stating that they can fire him even if he is under contract. There will be legal consequences, most likely through continue waged salaries for the remainder of the contract. Even "illegal" termination, lets say no contract was breached, is still grounds for compensation, so back to my statement that Riot could illegally terminate him, they would just have to compensate him, in some way. Now Daniel could say he wants to keep his job, or say he wants compensation for lost wages. However, it would be in his best interest to ask for lost wages as who would want to work for a company that fired them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ETynY1k2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:43:22.633+0000) > > I read this and my brain exploded from all the acronyms. I understand like 20% of them and the rest made me go "I have no idea what the fuck a rhel is, a kali. All I read is gets facts straight, them some privilege thing idk. Can you enlighten me as to where you stand for this argument exactly? I basically understand this, all the people wanting to make women get into male dominated fields just get them in the easiest position or most media covered position possible, not caring if they get to become something better. > > Is that the gist of it? > > Also I was always curious was does "check your privileged" even mean? Like, what "privilege" are we talking about, are we assuming that people think because they're white or w/e they deserve things? Is that what that means? Sorry but if you don't get what RHEL or Kali is, that you just shouldn't get into the discussion about women in IT. Where I stand is irrelevant. What is important here is that these are areas that you can EASILY get a nice job in, that SJWs are barely interested in because they don't get any media attention.
> [{quoted}](name=BraindeadTank,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ETynY1k2,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:48:12.476+0000) > > Sorry but if you don't get what RHEL or Kali is, that you just shouldn't get into the discussion about women in IT. Where I stand is irrelevant. What is important here is that these are areas that you can EASILY get a nice job in, that SJWs are barely interested in because they don't get any media attention. Okay. I mean I was curious for curiosity sake.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:05:20.841+0000) > > This is unfortunately false. One person can reflect an entire company, especially if that company doesn't do anything negative towards said person. As for contracts, contracts are not "you are stuck with us until the contract is over." contracts can be sold and broken. When you break a contract you still have to pay the worth of the contract but you can still get rid of them. How do you think athletes lose their positions, they trade the contract or they simply terminate their position and allow them to reep a reward for signing said contract. > > You are never preventable from termination regardless of contract. A corporate employment contract is not some phone contract you buy out dude dont talk about things you don't understand. Riot may not be handling this very well but the community is showing there true colors and it is very very UGLY.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:36:52.621+0000) > > A corporate employment contract is not some phone contract you buy out dude dont talk about things you don't understand. > > Riot may not be handling this very well but the community is showing there true colors and it is very very UGLY. I didn't say there were no consequences to the breach of contract, I simply stated it CAN be broken. The reason companies do not go after people who breach, say a phone contract, is because it is not worth it. They would get maybe a couple thousand dollars over your 2 year period. Then they'd have to go through all the costs for lawyers and the courts just to get that money. 6. IF THE CONTRACT WAS BREACHED, WHAT IS THE APPROPRIATE REMEDY? The typical remedy for breach of contract is expectancy, also known as benefit of the bargain: the injured party gets the end product (net) of what she would have obtained had the promise been performed. Note that the injured party doesn't come out ahead. She gets no windfall, only what she would have obtained (net) had performance occurred. Nor does the injured party normally get emotional distress damages or punitive damages for breach of contract. There's an exception for emotional damages when the nature of the contract contemplates that the injured party will suffer emotional distress in the event of a breach, such as where the contract is for handling the corpse of a loved one, or at the other end of the scale, a contract for entertainment at a wedding reception. Courts do not allow emotional distress damages for breach of an employment contract. That's why plaintiff's lawyers want to find a tort.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:05:20.841+0000) > > This is unfortunately false. One person can reflect an entire company, especially if that company doesn't do anything negative towards said person. As for contracts, contracts are not "you are stuck with us until the contract is over." contracts can be sold and broken. When you break a contract you still have to pay the worth of the contract but you can still get rid of them. How do you think athletes lose their positions, they trade the contract or they simply terminate their position and allow them to reep a reward for signing said contract. > > You are never preventable from termination regardless of contract. A corporate employment contract is not some phone contract you buy out dude dont talk about things you don't understand. Riot may not be handling this very well but the community is showing there true colors and it is very very UGLY.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:36:52.621+0000) > > You are so wrong I don't even know where to start man that kind of stuff is my life so just stop. Then you'd know any broken contract means the side who broke the contract owes the other side compensation, it can be as simple as paying out the remainder of the contract. If for example I sign a contract to get $1000 every month for one year and in turn I do a service for them two things can happen. If I break it then they may just not pay me anymore, if they break it they may owe me the $1000 + maybe more depending on if I can prove "damages" that happen from the broken contract, on top of that I wont have to fulfill their side of the contract at all. So I'd get my $1000 + potential damages and they would get none of my work in return. Every contract is breachable. The reason is because they wont send you to jail for breaking any contract, they will simply try to take as much as the contract would have allowed them to take otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't just say "You're wrong because I say so with no evidence to prove otherwise other than I work with contracts! Take my word for it!". Enlighten me, even if Daniel was under contract, he can be fired.
: We need more women in IT since they are underrepresented!!!!
I read this and my brain exploded from all the acronyms. I understand like 20% of them and the rest made me go "I have no idea what the fuck a rhel is, a kali. All I read is gets facts straight, them some privilege thing idk. Can you enlighten me as to where you stand for this argument exactly? I basically understand this, all the people wanting to make women get into male dominated fields just get them in the easiest position or most media covered position possible, not caring if they get to become something better. Is that the gist of it? Also I was always curious was does "check your privileged" even mean? Like, what "privilege" are we talking about, are we assuming that people think because they're white or w/e they deserve things? Is that what that means?
UnwardiI (NA)
: This was a long time coming.
: @riot, why are u silent
I'd like to point out what was said were not jokes, Daniel was serious in what he said and Riot backs his statements. This is the world we live right now and a lot of us are going to be making one of two choices. Do nothing and move on, or stop supporting Riot. I already lost this account to a permaban for some stupid shit so I don't buy RP anymore, but if I did still have this account I would never spend another penny.
Alzon (NA)
: But at the same time, the community was complaining about not being allowed to participate in this workshop that had nothing to do with them. Both sides are in the wrong. Tolerance is what’s required, and the community has shown none. Riot seems to be trying, but they’re being way too aggressive about it instead of keeping calm and letting everything flow naturally.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=652O7Wxj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:44:15.032+0000) > > But at the same time, the community was complaining about not being allowed to participate in this workshop that had nothing to do with them. Both sides are in the wrong. Tolerance is what’s required, and the community has shown none. Riot seems to be trying, but they’re being way too aggressive about it instead of keeping calm and letting everything flow naturally. Thing is, we are the customer we do not have to tolerate anything from Riot if we don't want to. If I want to discuss disdain about how I feel about their product or service, I can. It is the company's job to respond in the most respectful way possible while getting their point across. Basically the exact opposite of what Riot has done, then they went silent. In short, Riot is probably fucked from this singular event to some degree, at least their reputation will be. They made every wrong decision.
: Riot’s on damage control
Riot keeps shooting themselves in the foot. They would literally be better off letting the community explode without being censored, than censoring to try and stop people from being angry.
Blu 1 (NA)
: I like how Riot is just hoping this whole thing will just blow over
The reason they are saying nothing is because this WILL blow over, and Riot does believe themselves to be in the right. So don't let it blow over, and keep telling Riot they're wrong.
: I feel bad for SJWs
My personal favorite thing about it all is the fact they always strawman to win any argument. You say "I don't like how you do this to x group" then they say "OH I SEE YOU'RE SEXIST TOOOOOOOOOOOOO!". It is literally just bringing in their own warped perspective of what you said to turn it around on you and make you seem like everything you're saying is bad and you're a bad person.
mack9112 (NA)
: One person does not reflect an entire company ... The reality of the situation is that the person in question probably has a contract with riot preventing there termination so if riot even wanted to let this individual go they couldn't. This is all a learning experience for riot which I hope they take seriously.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-04T18:34:42.812+0000) > > One person does not reflect an entire company ... The reality of the situation is that the person in question probably has a contract with riot preventing there termination so if riot even wanted to let this individual go they couldn't. > > This is all a learning experience for riot which I hope they take seriously. This is unfortunately false. One person can reflect an entire company, especially if that company doesn't do anything negative towards said person. As for contracts, contracts are not "you are stuck with us until the contract is over." contracts can be sold and broken. When you break a contract you still have to pay the worth of the contract but you can still get rid of them. How do you think athletes lose their positions, they trade the contract or they simply terminate their position and allow them to reep a reward for signing said contract. You are never preventable from termination regardless of contract.
: > [{quoted}](name=BraindeadTank,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:46:33.133+0000) > > Leaked slacks show that he actually has enourmous support at Riot. > > But even if that wasn't true, anyone who doesn't speak up against him, is just as guilty. Enormous support from people that actually hold power at the company. Put yourselves in the shoes of the average rioter if your boss proposed an idea that sounded stupid AND you knew it was stupid but knew if you said anything against it he'd hold it against you. If you were in that persons shoes what would you do? This is your livelyhood on the line these guys don't get paid chumpchange they actually make a pretty neat paycheck so losing a job there is pretty bad for just about anyone. I personally think everyone that originally met with (DZK) and proposed the idea should be canned (DZK) included but the common joe who is being forced to bite his tongue and say "Yes Sir" shouldn't be curbstomped by the angry mob. The people working at riot are People just like **YOU** or **ME** they have feelings and awareness just like us they shouldn't be subjected to all this bullshit because their bosses are **ManChildren**
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:52:45.510+0000) > > Enormous support from people that actually hold power at the company. Put yourselves in the shoes of the average rioter if your boss proposed an idea that sounded stupid AND you knew it was stupid but knew if you said anything against it he'd hold it against you. If you were in that persons shoes what would you do? This is your livelyhood on the line these guys don't get paid chumpchange they actually make a pretty neat paycheck so losing a job there is pretty bad for just about anyone. I personally think everyone that originally met with (DZK) and proposed the idea should be canned (DZK) included but the common joe who is being forced to bite his tongue and say "Yes Sir" shouldn't be curbstomped by the angry mob. The people working at riot are People just like **YOU** or **ME** they have feelings and awareness just like us they shouldn't be subjected to all this bullshit because their bosses are **ManChildren** Everyone is held accountable for actions they do or don't take. If I worked at that company I would say how bullshit it is. If I lose my job, so be it. The idea is to get rid of the bad leadership and replace it with good leadership, that is how it works.
: PAX: This is why it matters.
"The people vs Riot Games inc" I can see the headlines now.
: Who is Daniel Z Klein?
Google search him. Read some of his tweets or an article and then formulate your own opinion.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eNXWMoEi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:49:59.354+0000) > > Educate yourself. It isn't that they're "making a space for women" its they're taking all possible space from men and giving it to only women and non-binaries. It isn't a "first few hours" it is the whole normal panel even leaving only meditation hour and ama for "everyone" else. > Taking from the rich to give to the poor is a horrible idea, giving the poor the ability to become rich isn't a horrible idea. I am educated and you are in the wrong
> [{quoted}](name=Tearin True,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eNXWMoEi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T20:02:51.540+0000) > > I am educated and you are in the wrong Hey man, I am stating the facts. I don't really care one way or the other but my final sentence is what I believe in. I can't be in the "wrong" even a racist person isn't "wrong". It is their free choice to have that opinion.
l MrD l (NA)
: im a little behind on whats happening with rito pax etc...
Don't worry about it. It is a shit show that will blow over in a week or two.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:37:46.458+0000) > > I mean I obviously see the ever so slight difference of taking the box from the taller guy and giving it to the shorter guy. The problem is, its the same thing. Equality equals equity. The third picture sums it all up anyways, make it a chain link fence, now everyone is happy regardless of box needs. You're hung up on the semantics. Remove the words and label them A and B. Seeing the difference in application is the important part.
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:40:08.408+0000) > > You're hung up on the semantics. Remove the words and label them A and B. Seeing the difference in application is the important part. Okay I get that, but it is using the words and the pictures to try and show they mean a different thing. They really don't mean anything different, if the "application" is different then why not call it "equality" and "true equality"? It is clearly trying to push some odd meaning of a word that both mean, essentially, the same thing. Anyways I honestly do not care about the picture because it misrepresents the current situation in its entirety.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:14:34.183+0000) > > Sick of that misused picture. It isn't relevant to this situation. It is more applicable to just kick the guy out and take his box. Lastly someone pointed out the third picture to that. Make the fence see through then you don't have to give anyone boxes, anyone can watch no matter their height. My statement still stands, equality and equity are the same thing. Equality being you want everyone to be equal, and equity is you wanting everyone to be fair. Being fair and being equals are the same thing. In fact, equity is a synonym for equality. > > the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. > > That right picture the one that says "equity" that is clearly equality. You can easily see it because it is using the final word "opportunities" and giving everyone an EQUAL opportunity to view the game. The picture is an example used to demonstrate how the two concepts are different_ in application_. It is used to demonstrate the nuance between them. Do you see the nuance?
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:27:46.677+0000) > > The picture is an example used to demonstrate how the two concepts are different_ in application_. It is used to demonstrate the nuance between them. Do you see the nuance? I mean I obviously see the ever so slight difference of taking the box from the taller guy and giving it to the shorter guy. The problem is, its the same thing. Equality equals equity. The third picture sums it all up anyways, make it a chain link fence, now everyone is happy regardless of box needs.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:03:05.964+0000) > > Equality can never exist the way everyone thinks it can. Equality can only exist for opportunities. Genetics say we can never trully be "equals" statistics show there are workplaces that are dominated by female and workplaces that are dominated by male, our genders dictate a lot of what we, as people, like to do for work because men are "hunters" and women are "nurtures". It is the "law" of nature so to speak. > > As long as you, as a female or male, are given the same opportunities to become successful in any business practice, you are being treated equally. There is a big difference between equality and equity. http://interactioninstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IISC_EqualityEquity.png
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-09-03T19:08:43.204+0000) > > There is a big difference between equality and equity. > > http://interactioninstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IISC_EqualityEquity.png Sick of that misused picture. It isn't relevant to this situation. It is more applicable to just kick the guy out and take his box. Lastly someone pointed out the third picture to that. Make the fence see through then you don't have to give anyone boxes, anyone can watch no matter their height. My statement still stands, equality and equity are the same thing. Equality being you want everyone to be equal, and equity is you wanting everyone to be fair. Being fair and being equals are the same thing. In fact, equity is a synonym for equality. the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. That right picture the one that says "equity" that is clearly equality. You can easily see it because it is using the final word "opportunities" and giving everyone an EQUAL opportunity to view the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Joker Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=0002000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:10:02.639+0000) > > Just so we're clear, most women wouldn't leave their friends out in the cold like that. It has nothing to do with us being too weak to go in alone. But somehow you gleaned that from what I said rather than the compassion women would have for their male companions and choose not to go in because they can't attend at the same time as them, so I gather this will go mostly unheard anyways. XD Oh please. If its that big a deal, go in at 2:00 and your bff can come in at 2:30. Honestly, who goes to a job fair with their SO? Grow up. Better yet, its open to all at 2:30 so how about you try showing up at the same time?
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=00020000000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:12:50.615+0000) > > Oh please. If its that big a deal, go in at 2:00 and your bff can come in at 2:30. Honestly, who goes to a job fair with their SO? Grow up. Better yet, its open to all at 2:30 so how about you try showing up at the same time? The panel is over at 2:30. The only remaining things are meditation hour and an AMA.
: Does Riot realize what they've done?
Equality can never exist the way everyone thinks it can. Equality can only exist for opportunities. Genetics say we can never trully be "equals" statistics show there are workplaces that are dominated by female and workplaces that are dominated by male, our genders dictate a lot of what we, as people, like to do for work because men are "hunters" and women are "nurtures". It is the "law" of nature so to speak. As long as you, as a female or male, are given the same opportunities to become successful in any business practice, you are being treated equally.
Aptest (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWlZFLbM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:43:29.896+0000) > >...hate females even more. what does any of this has to do with hating females? this is about a company being sexist, not about women.
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWlZFLbM,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:52:31.905+0000) > > what does any of this has to do with hating females? > this is about a company being sexist, not about women. Because people hate when they're discriminated against and will hate what discriminates against them. Some people will say "Wow females only, I'm already sexist and now they're limiting my ability to do things, I knew I had a good reason to dislike females and non-binaries". It is exactly the same thing why racism has people hate white people and think it is okay to be racist towards them. It's simply, they discriminated against me, now I have the right to hate them. Basically what I am saying is, yes it is about sexism, but females and males are sexes and this doesn't help try and "cull" sexism in the basic act of it. It only makes it worse.
: It must be hard being RIOT
Educate yourself. It isn't that they're "making a space for women" its they're taking all possible space from men and giving it to only women and non-binaries. It isn't a "first few hours" it is the whole normal panel even leaving only meditation hour and ama for "everyone" else. Taking from the rich to give to the poor is a horrible idea, giving the poor the ability to become rich isn't a horrible idea.
Aptest (EUW)
: Serika, Someone has to say it: WE JUST DON'T LIKE SEXISM. so we over-react a bit when we see blatant sexism. get over it. I mean, there's a nice tweet from riot about trying to be more inclusive. and two tweets after that, guess which gender is "not included"? People dislike sexism. Ergo, seeing sexism being practiced riles them up. Is that easily mansplained to you?
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWlZFLbM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:38:24.231+0000) > > Serika, > > Someone has to say it: WE JUST DON'T LIKE SEXISM. > so we over-react a bit when we see blatant sexism. > get over it. > > I mean, there's a nice tweet from riot about trying to be more inclusive. > and two tweets after that, guess which gender is "not included"? > > People dislike sexism. > Ergo, seeing sexism being practiced riles them up. > > Is that easily mansplained to you? I also think that allowing males into the room to watch "empowered" women talk about their success and how they got there could be eye opening for some closed minded individuals. Imagine if you always thought women were "worthless" then you go to this thing and see a girl making more than you and being the head of selected departments. You may change your mind, you may not. But being excluded from said event will just make that person hate females even more.
: About this entire PAX thing, with Riot and the community
To be fair, the whole panel is female only. It isn't barred from males for an x amount of time as much as the only thing males can go to is meditation hour and riot ama. All the other cool stuff you go to panels for, the art direction, champion direction, design choices, future plans, and other really cool things is female only. I think that is why people are so mad, because some people go to these events strictly for the panels and well you literally can't go to the Riot panel to view anything in it as a male.
Adormas (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T01:35:52.342+0000) > > Well I don't get it. Like legit I just don't understand, I am 27 years old and through my entire time growing up I have hardly ever seen racism, sexism or anything. I have never actually witnessed it nor had it done to me, now all of a sudden in 2018 I am seeing it constantly. I just don't understand it, it is like fabricated for no reason feels like it is here just because we need something to complain about. You and I live in completely different worlds then... Good for you! The problems of racism and sexism are definitely real, but I do disagree with how Riot handled this event. It was...childish.
> [{quoted}](name=Adormas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=000200000000000100000002,timestamp=2018-09-03T02:31:19.764+0000) > > You and I live in completely different worlds then... Good for you! > > The problems of racism and sexism are definitely real, but I do disagree with how Riot handled this event. It was...childish. I mean I don't think they're not real. Just that I haven't personally witnessed them nor been apart of them. I mean, where do you live, what kind of said racism and sexism have you experienced?
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:46:41.537+0000) > > Hell, most people hold females on a pedestal and give them gifts and treat them with even more respect than their male counterpart. At least most people I know. Men have unfortunately been demonized both by male and female feminists. The effects are just slowly starting to show.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T01:06:41.367+0000) > > Men have unfortunately been demonized both by male and female feminists. The effects are just slowly starting to show. Well I don't get it. Like legit I just don't understand, I am 27 years old and through my entire time growing up I have hardly ever seen racism, sexism or anything. I have never actually witnessed it nor had it done to me, now all of a sudden in 2018 I am seeing it constantly. I just don't understand it, it is like fabricated for no reason feels like it is here just because we need something to complain about.
: Give a champion an absurd buff for no reason
{{champion:498}} Feathers never disappear.
: Speak for yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cLYY8Rkm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-02T23:23:37.776+0000) > > Speak for yourself. He is.
: I can no longer recommend your game to any of my friends, sorry.
They're still a small indie company at heart, that's what I think.
: My face when I can be sexist and unprofessional and still work for a multimillion dollar company
However, you must understand, you can give Riot money, thousands of dollars, and they wont allow you to say any mean things to people in game. So I come to the conclusion we must all get paid for playing LoL then we can be as mean as we want to others.
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pkNoqfY8,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:51:15.193+0000) > > Oh... okay. I'll stick to my waifu {{champion:498}} instead, she loves me right? Wait... {{champion:497}} > > > :( Ah, living with your girlfriend and her husband. The Burch/Klein method.
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pkNoqfY8,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:58:15.683+0000) > > Ah, living with your girlfriend and her husband. The Burch/Klein method. LOLOLOL
: > [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pkNoqfY8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:45:13.799+0000) > > How do I meet people then? :( You don't. Or you wait for a woman to approach you but they never will because you naturally intimidate them as a male so please, feel free to either be alone forever or gay. Jesus Christ D Klein is out of his mind
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pkNoqfY8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:49:43.397+0000) > > You don't. Or you wait for a woman to approach you but they never will because you naturally intimidate them as a male so please, feel free to either be alone forever or gay. > > Jesus Christ D Klein is out of his mind Oh... okay. I'll stick to my waifu {{champion:498}} instead, she loves me right? Wait... {{champion:497}} :(
: > [{quoted}](name=The Nocturne God,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:42:22.036+0000) > > As a girl, have you ever felt like you were getting less opportunities or harassed at events like this? I brought my girlfriend to a tournament recently and she said everyone was respectful. I've been to a lot of different events and haven't ever witnessed someone being sexist. > > It seems weird that recently RIOT was in the news for having sexual harassment in the workplace and then this whole anti-male pro-female crap started... No, because people aren't fucking focusing on what gender you are. They are instead focusing on talking about the game, discussing their ranks, how long they've been playing, talking about game balance of who they think is going to win this years worlds. Never have I ever had someone belittle me because I was born a female at ANY convention I've ever been to, whether it being Pax, comicon, animecon, etc. This is completely idiotic and I cannot believe they took this approach to an non-existing problem.
> [{quoted}](name=KillerShim,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:45:07.012+0000) > > No, because people aren't fucking focusing on what gender you are. They are instead focusing on talking about the game, discussing their ranks, how long they've been playing, talking about game balance of who they think is going to win this years worlds. > > Never have I ever had someone belittle me because I was born a female at ANY convention I've ever been to, whether it being Pax, bitcon, animecon, etc. This is completely idiotic and I cannot believe they took this approach to an non-existing problem. Hell, most people hold females on a pedestal and give them gifts and treat them with even more respect than their male counterpart. At least most people I know.
: Just in case we needed any more evidence Daniel Z Klein is an awful person
: I attended this recent Pax that everyone is talking about.
I can only imagine the devastation some 14 year old is going to have when he walks up to the panel and the "guards" say "Sorry son, you're not of proper gender to enter here, come back during mediation hour.". This kid went to his first con, loves LoL and is told his gender is wrong. I am being part serious part joking, I bet this type of event will happen at least one time.
Show more

Manslayer

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion