Kai Guy (NA)
: There are a lot of reasons to do this in a Rating system. Take a look at my post in this thread and let me know if anything's confusing or I am unclear.Its been done in Rating players for chess for ages. Its not a Riot exclusive Decision, Very least it seems to go back to 1960 in chess. So, Sap is not lying. Its largely to do with keeping Integrity for the top end of competitive ladders. There is so much ignorance on the topic of MMR its honestly a bit frustrating.
It's unclear to me as to why someone that's been consistently gold claims to know anything about the issues currently faced by low-mid diamond players
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 3
Any plans do address the absolutely terrible LP gains in low-mid Diamond? The reset dropped me from D3 getting 18 LP per win to D4 getting 14-16 LP per win with no word on future plans or improvement since. Needless to say I'm less than happy and have literally no motivation to climb because I need to go on like a 7 game winning streak just to hit promos, never mind to actually escape. All my friends that have managed to climb back to D3 told me that it doesn't get any better then either. It'd be great to know that someone actually cares about this issue.
: > [{quoted}](name=hiyares,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fbsU1aJH,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-21T23:06:38.233+0000) > > you sir are an idiot you know how esy it is to make one? be it you buy the champs or grind for them? It isnt very difficult in the slightest and i got so fucking tired of seeing velkozz/xerath/lux/soraka in 80 % of the arams i played the only champ i fucking bannedwhen it was available was velkoz and honestly there was actual diversity in aram for once like shit there were more melee on melee fights and that made it more fun. i own every champ so someone who owns half of them already has an advantage over me when i keep getting galio 4 times in a row and im sitting here like how the fuck. Just because you disagree with me don't mean you need to be offensive. I truly hope the moderators do their jobs.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fbsU1aJH,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T13:12:37.698+0000) > > Just because you disagree with me don't mean you need to be offensive. I truly hope the moderators do their jobs. Keep hoping. I've never seen a more inept group of mods and that's coming from someone that's on the league subreddit.
: Thank you for restoring ARAM despite the troll requests
Clearly someone has shitty ARAM mmr and has never had to deal with the ARAM only accounts that plague higher level ARAM games.
Kürama (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-20T03:23:16.791+0000) > > It wasn't removed by Riot to silence the desire for bans to come back. Personally, I _want_ bans in ARAM so there's no reason I'd want to silence that! However, the reason for the removal appears to be that it was low effort/spam and didn't really do much for discussion. > > If I had made the removal, I would've redirected you to General Discussion, but I can understand the choice the moderator in question made. It didn't really provide much in the way of discussion which is something we are aiming to see more of on Gameplay versus just "upvote this" (excuse me, I mean "upvate") type threads. > > I can understand the frustration in seeing the removal though after it received much support. However, we don't judge removals based on votes or number of comments; we remove based on rules and guidelines for the Boards and the specific sub-board. > > EDIT: I'll add in that a good thread with plenty of substance for discussion such as mentioning why bans made ARAM a better experience and why you want it back would probably be allowed to stay and, given the support for the subject, will receive the same amount of support for Riot to see. 1. If the thread already gained traction, even though it was borderline (because not all the comments were), just leave it. At some point you're gonna have to make exceptions to the rule because there are gray areas. 2. If it was up for 4 days+, it's more of a reason to leave it up. 3. Your job is to enforce the rules but there's a line between that and stepping on the community. In this case, the way y'all enforced the rules caused more harm than good and it would have been easier to reverse the deletion than endure all of this. 4. Getting pissy with the community for your team's failures isn't warranted either.
> [{quoted}](name=Kürama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=00090011,timestamp=2019-04-21T01:14:07.548+0000) > > 1. If the thread already gained traction, even though it was borderline (because not all the comments were), just leave it. At some point you're gonna have to make exceptions to the rule because there are gray areas. > > 2. If it was up for 4 days+, it's more of a reason to leave it up. > > 3. Your job is to enforce the rules but there's a line between that and stepping on the community. In this case, the way y'all enforced the rules caused more harm than good and it would have been easier to reverse the deletion than endure all of this. > > 4. Getting pissy with the community for your team's failures isn't warranted either. Fuck yeah
: > [{quoted}](name=Manwalrus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=00090018,timestamp=2019-04-22T04:09:13.316+0000) > > How does it feel to be worse than the reddit mods? For what? Deleting a spam "upvate"-begging post?
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=000900180000,timestamp=2019-04-22T09:12:55.332+0000) > > For what? Deleting a spam "upvate"-begging post? I was more talking about running this community in the ground but if we're being specific typing out mind-numblingly stupid responses like the one I originally replied to. It's basically saying "we fucked up but I didn't personally fuck up". There's no accountability and no consistency. Why do you people constantly pretend that the content of the original post is what has meaning? It's not the post itself but the discussion that happens in the comments that does, I don't give a shit if the content of the original post was dumb and it shouldn't matter if the discussion that happened in the comments was worthwhile. Shutting something down like that is shady because the rules are only enforced when something they don't like gets big. At least the reddit mods don't pretend not to be dicks.
Jikker (NA)
: It wasn't removed by Riot to silence the desire for bans to come back. Personally, I _want_ bans in ARAM so there's no reason I'd want to silence that! However, the reason for the removal appears to be that it was low effort/spam and didn't really do much for discussion. If I had made the removal, I would've redirected you to General Discussion, but I can understand the choice the moderator in question made. It didn't really provide much in the way of discussion which is something we are aiming to see more of on Gameplay versus just "upvote this" (excuse me, I mean "upvate") type threads. I can understand the frustration in seeing the removal though after it received much support. However, we don't judge removals based on votes or number of comments; we remove based on rules and guidelines for the Boards and the specific sub-board. EDIT: I'll add in that a good thread with plenty of substance for discussion such as mentioning why bans made ARAM a better experience and why you want it back would probably be allowed to stay and, given the support for the subject, will receive the same amount of support for Riot to see.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-20T03:23:16.791+0000) > > It wasn't removed by Riot to silence the desire for bans to come back. Personally, I _want_ bans in ARAM so there's no reason I'd want to silence that! However, the reason for the removal appears to be that it was low effort/spam and didn't really do much for discussion. > > If I had made the removal, I would've redirected you to General Discussion, but I can understand the choice the moderator in question made. It didn't really provide much in the way of discussion which is something we are aiming to see more of on Gameplay versus just "upvote this" (excuse me, I mean "upvate") type threads. > > I can understand the frustration in seeing the removal though after it received much support. However, we don't judge removals based on votes or number of comments; we remove based on rules and guidelines for the Boards and the specific sub-board. > > EDIT: I'll add in that a good thread with plenty of substance for discussion such as mentioning why bans made ARAM a better experience and why you want it back would probably be allowed to stay and, given the support for the subject, will receive the same amount of support for Riot to see. How does it feel to be worse than the reddit mods?
vrasidaros (EUNE)
: Trying so hard to rank up but can't.
Holy shit Iron 4 players really exist
Gliave (OCE)
: This comment.... is a disgrace to this community, I will not say anything else
> [{quoted}](name=Gliave,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6HdGAdUa,comment-id=00000006,timestamp=2019-04-21T03:50:44.979+0000) > > This comment.... is a disgrace to this community, I will not say anything else This community is a disgrace
: New RiotGames Logo
That is absolutely fucking hideous
: Thank you Riot, for adding Iron tier.
Then you might make it to silver in fewer than 2000 games. Congrats.
: you seem to only point out the bad things in pre-season but don’t seem to understand all the good things that came out in the seasons. Jungle plants, more item paths, a rune system that isnt just 9x armor 9x mr 9x dmg runes. Dragon rework and rift herald. Mini reworks to many underplayed champs. Shall I go on?
Well first of all I wasn't talking about the good things, I specifically mentioned that they don't revert bad things so I have no clue what the fuck you're talking about right out of the gate. Also basically all the things you named as being good things aren't. Plants have never been more than a gimmick, I fail to see any new item paths now... in fact most champs seem have just stagnated for example most ADCs just rush a stormrazor and every tank support still goes locket -> Knight's vow -> whatever. Runes Reforged created more problems than it fixed and most of those mini reworks failed to the point where Riot has stopped doing class updates altogether. The funnies part is that the two good changes you named there, elemental dragons and rift herald were midseason changes, not preseason changes. Elemental Drakes were introduced in midseason 6 and the current iteration of rift herald was introduced in a midseason patch.
Raiyza (NA)
: Kog'Maw. He was *ridiculous* when he first got reworked during the ADC update. They reverted him back to what he was, Thank god.
: > [{quoted}](name=Raiyza,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Exk12p83,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-29T16:58:36.516+0000) > > Goodbye, League of Legends. You were fun as fuck for a good 4 years. Bro can you chill? Its preseason. They will most likely change everything
What shitty thing from past preseasons have they actually changed/reverted during preseason? I can't think of any. Saying "it's just preseason" doesn't mean shit if Riot doesn't actually adjust anything based on feedback.
: 5-10 minutes can add up when it happens multiple times in a row. If it happens 2-3 times in a row, you can lose anywhere between 10 - 30 minutes that is just gone. That is enough time to play one full round of League, or watch some tv, or do some homework, or do some studying, or do anything else instead of just wasting it hoping to get that one game that doesn't remake. You know, something else you would prefer to do instead of having to remake and try again, and again, and again...
And getting 1 LP is going to change that? I find it extremely hard to believe you'd ever get even two remakes in a row on a regular basis, never mind 3. This is all also far preferable to the alternative of being on a team with a leaver and then having to play an entire game. It honestly boggles my mind how people are bitching about remakes.
: Can We Get 1 LP for remakes?
All 5-10 minutes poor you
: Advice Please
Hey, I'm D3 now but I was Bronze 5 back in Season 5 so I understand the situation. The first thing you need to accept as harsh as it sounds is that you're bronze 4 with a 40% Winrate. You're not a strong player. That's not to say you can't be a strong player. You're very clearly motivated and came to ask for advice which is much more than I can say for most low bronze players. Most people that post on boards about being hardstuck in low elo usually just involve them denying reality which is the worst possible thing you can do. There's also not a ton I can go off of since this is just your op.gg, but even from looking at it there are a few things I can point to: 1 - **Don't pay attention to your team.** You can't control your team and you're right, nobody in bronze really has any idea what they're doing. Focus purely on yourself and the game. You should also mute your team since it seems like you get the urge to flame. Just play through pings. If you lose because of teammates you've just got to get past the fact that there's nothing you can do about it, however this can become a dangerous line of thinking. Reading what you wrote it seems like you not only expect too much out of your teammates but you're not recognizing a lot of mistakes you made. Even if you think those mistakes were small or negligible or unimportant to you, still try to correct them as there's a reason why you're in the spot you are right now. Just don't engage with people in chat and realize your own mistakes and you're well on your way to improvement. 2 - **Play with momentum.** This rarely gets mentioned when people give lower elo players advice but play more when you're winning then take breaks when you lose. I'm convinced Riot's matchmaking algorithm is geared towards creating winning streaks and losing streaks meaning if you start losing it's going to suck. To prevent this if you lose and you don't feel at the top of your game just take a day or two off of ranked to de-tilt. Better win two games and lose one on monday and then wait to win another two on wednesday than to win two games and lose one on Monday, then keep playing and lose 3 more. Once you get going on winning streaks you just generally feel better about the game and it really helps you climb. 3 - **Refine your champ pool and choose a main.** Looking at your op.gg you play way too many roles and champions. Playing champs you're not great at is what normals are for. In ranked you should stick to a main role and a small pool of champions so you can improve faster and get that victorious skin at the end of the season. It looks like the champ you do best on statistically is Talon but you also have a lot of top laners in your most played, so I'd focus on either mid or top and then choose two or three champs for that role and just play those champions in ranked. 4 - **Try to die less.** This is a strange sounding request but dying less correlates to winning more games. Looking at your op.gg you average 7, 8 or sometimes even 9 deaths a game. This is far too much. I play support at a high level and my main champion is alistar, meaning that my job is to go in and engage all the fights or peel for/die for my ADC. It's very high risk but I still average a little under 4 deaths a game, and that's in mid diamond where people are super good at punishing mistakes. The cleaner you play the less you die, and dying less is very important in solo lanes, especially mid when you're the primary carry for your team. Even more so when you're playing an Assassin like Talon. Giving the enemy team a numbers advantage of even 5 to 4 is really bad. Better teams in higher ranks frequently turn picks on a mid laner or top laner into free towers, dragons or sometimes even barons. You might just be getting 1v1ed but I doubt that's the case looking at your champions, so I'm assuming that you're really susceptible to ganks. Looking at your match history you've bought two control wards in your last 20 games. You need to be warding too, a lack of wards means you're going to get ganked more and thus die to more ganks. In Bronze people play really poorly around vision and don't check for vision, so a lot of the time just having vision on people will give you a huge advantage and help you die way less. Something else you should try to do is track their jungler and if there's a good chance that he's on your side of the map, don't push up. Overall, I can't give you too many defined reasons for why you're stuck just from looking at your op.gg, just general trends. But keep trying, anyone can get to gold with effort. Feel free to add me if you have any questions, hopefully you get that victorious skin!
Sir Dab (NA)
: Climbing
I don't know how you expect to climb anywhere with a 45% winrate but that's far too low to claim it's your teammates. Just focus on getting better yourself and you'll climb it's really not that hard in low silver.
abca98 (EUW)
: So I sent that support ticket about that inter Zoe, and this was Riot's response.
I feel your pain. I once reported a Kindred that inted, rage quite, came back and inted more, rage quit again, came back again and finally quit for good in my D3 promos in a ticket. I took screenshots of what he was saying in chat, him DCing and reconnecting multiple times, and spam pinging our players. I also send the replay file and gave both screenshots and timestamps of when kindred would just reconnect and walk around our fountain ulting on top of herself on cooldown. Super blatantly just trying to lose the game/being a shitty person/actually inting and I get a robotic response. I go back and check his profile and guess who's still playing league of legends...
: > [{quoted}](name=emarythomp2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0TbVLLwb,comment-id=0000000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-18T05:17:11.559+0000) > > Uhhhhh.... proper positioning? Varus players only ever use R to stop the enemy from running or to stop an engage. Varus still has other things in his kit that can do both of those like his E and Q. He doesn't even really need R to be effective, it's just an added bonus Proper positioning won't matter if an Assassin from behind comes when you least expect it. You either will have to flash out of their range, or use R to get away. The fact that Varus is this immobile sucks.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0TbVLLwb,comment-id=00000000000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T08:26:05.604+0000) > > Proper positioning won't matter if an Assassin from behind comes when you least expect it. > > You either will have to flash out of their range, or use R to get away. The fact that Varus is this immobile sucks. I'd say the problem is less Varus being immobile and more mobility creep
: I am confirmed on a watchlist
I'm not sure why we're forced to pretend that low elo players have any idea what they're talking about but rules are rules.
: from what i understand, it's not about just what you did riot, it's about what you DIDNT do
Uh oh you used the word "fire" prepare for the mods to remove this for witch hunting somehow.
: So riot removed my post saying I was going to quit until they fire Daniel Z. Klein
Remember that Xerath exploit where he could just Q into walls and kill everything on the map last year? When people were still on the boards questioning whether or not the op.ggs were photoshopped I linked the actual op.gg of the account and my post got removed despite it obviously not being his main account and Riot publicly coming out beforehand saying that the account was banned BEFORE I posted it. Oh yeah, there're also multiple posts and comments with the actual link to the op.gg and even another reply to the same comment I replied to that also have the op.gg link that're still up. It's long since been obvious that the mods have no clue what they're doing, so with that in mind.... http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=huvarg Let's see if posting the long since banned op.gg of this fucker that ruined the game for hundreds of players is grounds to delete this comment for witch hunting.
Elikain (EUNE)
: I can't even read what you're writing because you are writing an essay without any paragraphs to split it into smaller pieces. This is a travesty for my eyes. If you could clean the text up a bit, i might be able to respond to this.
Elikain (EUNE)
: You do realize that Volibear has nothing to do with Runes Reforged, right? Not sure what kind of a complaint is this as champion updates are projects unrelated to pre-season changes as they do come out regularly. Balance of champions is again an unrelated thing to the projects like Runes Reforged. This is a systemic change that will impact gameplay and balance of champions BUT Riot is already balancing every single champion in regards to the new stats the runes themselves are going to provide. And as in every pre-season, it's going to be a few patches where Riot is going to keep balancing runes, just as Marksman were in S6. Runes needed the changes and these are the changes. Big changes. Changing your Summoner Spells mid-game is not going to be OP as many believe. Last time i checked, people really wanted more Summoner Spell options in the game and Riot didn't want to put them in because again, it's a core system in League that can add more power creep. And one option to diversify the choices is if you allow them to be changed, which again costs you a lot of other options in runes.
I'll ignore the part where you decided to pick apart one of my smaller examples and ignore the point I was trying to make completely and focus on the fact that my point was more that Runes aren't going to "revive" outdated champions like Volibear unless they have some insanely specific interaction that ends up being really good. Riot also hasn't started externally testing those balance changes for the new runes, everything is currently balanced around the old runes and while it's not impossible to fix by adding some base stats to all the champions but you never can tell until it goes live. Like I also mentioned I don't mind Riot taking time to fix problems they didn't see coming like with the Marksman reworks, what annoys me is when they make a change to the game that totally breaks everything on purpose. I also never said that Summoner Specialist was going to be OP, I said it's going to be broken, broken things don't always have to be strong. A great example of this would be Azir where he's either garbage or he's god tier, that's how I envision the summoner spell changes being. I think to get people to take it over other keystones they'll have to make it far too strong, otherwise no one will ever take it, a lot like Mordekaiser at the end of season 5, in order to make him viable Riot had to give him completely insane numbers but after he was nerfed there was no reason to take him botlane over any other adc, that's what I fear is going to happen with Summoner Specialist. Addressing the point that runes need changes, everyone knows that, I'd even go as far as to say they need big changes but these are beyond big changes, they're literally rebuilding it from the ground up and I don't think that's necessary. The core issues with the current runes are they suck for new players, the tiers are dumb and they're **WAY** too expensive. I feel like that could have been fixed by just making them all unlocked from level one, removing the lower tiers of runes and making them free. Maybe even add some new effects to the runes but nothing that goes totally off the rails like some of these do. I kind of feel like Riot is doing more than they have to. Finally on to the Summoner Spell power creep point, I doubt the majority of players want more summoner spells but that wasn't your main point so I won't focus in on it and ignore the rest (**cough cough**) I'm confused as to how you think adding more summoner spells to the game would worsen power creep but giving each player access to more pre-existing summoner spells wouldn't. Now obviously you're 100% right that adding more summs would worsen power creep but giving all champions access to more summoners would totally undercut how Riot's been balancing the game since almost the very beginning, around two summoner spells (particularly flash and another summoner spell). Giving champions more of them could have potentially catastrophic effects and say best case scenario we only get a handful of champions that can abuse it, that's going to make things incredibly unfun. The last thing that worries me is that Riot isn't just going to have to rebalance the runes, but they're also going to have to rebalance yet another fundamental part of the game in summoner spells along with the slew of other changes that usually come during the preseason and it could be too much to handle and leave the game in a pretty awful state until it gets cleaned up. Hope that clears things up. EDIT: Formatting no longer sucks
Elikain (EUNE)
: > completely changing the rune system will break the game for fucking months. That's why it's in the pre-season. Where Riot gets to do big changes that need to be in the game and will take tuning for a couple of patches straight. Don't just dismiss them because you're about to step into the unknown. That's what's fun about the game. Discovering things yourself, reviving the "unusable" champions, finding your own playstyle. Not just taking someone else's hard work and experimentation as your own, feeling satisfied that you didn't have to even break a sweat.
I don't know when pre-season became an excuse for doing something totally broken to the game? It's kind of safe to say that at least one of these runes is going to break the game (best case) and while I understand your point about the pre-season being a good time to tune stuff I'd rather them tune changes that make sense and not knowingly introduce some terrible nonsense to the game that ends up giving us something broken on the level of the Graves rework or the Original Warlords Bloodlust to name a few. Warlord's Bloodlust is probably the best example since it made a very small subset of champions like Yasuo and Tryndamere extremely strong and while it may be fun discovering things and reviving unusable champions all of that is usually figured out on the PBE anyway. Not to mention that the only really unusable champions are ones that are incredibly outdated like Volibear, I'd personally rather see those champions updated than the game get destroyed because Riot thought people wanted to change summoner spells in game. I'd also personally rather not get one shot at level three for months by something like Graves in pre-season 6 (part of the worrying thing is also that Riot took a really long time to bring Graves in line and he's arguably never been balanced since his rework). Thing is, things like that Graves change came out of nowhere, who would have thought Graves would become a jungler? That was kind of cool and it's understandable that it would take them time to correct it but I'd rather just avoid something that's widely been seen as a bad idea before it's even been put in the game. While I agree pre-season should be a time for big changes they should be big changes that make sense and not a crutch for fucking something up that many saw coming a mile away.
: The more I know about Rune changes, the more I'm excited for S8!
I don't know about anyone else but I'd really rather not see the meta broken for months.
: the mute button exists
I think the issue is more that people don't want to mute their entire team every game because they might be able to benefit from chat, I think there'd be much less backlash if they'd announce a specific button for muting emotes.
Meteora (NA)
: New emotes are going to be a disaster waiting to happen.
If we're gonna get permanent emotes at least bring back the esports icons so we can at least have some real ones and not this emoji garbage.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: That's our thinking here yeah. If we were putting a class update's worth of time into Rammus it'd be a much larger investment than this, we still wouldn't be able to address enough of his issues to get him out of someday VGU territory though.
It just sort of comes off as changing him just for the sake of changing him. How does this help his actual issues? I've played him on the PBE and he still feels just as simple and clunky as ever (mind you this is coming from someone that plays a good amount of Rammus) and he still has all his old issues, the attack speed buff feels weird and seems to be just tacked on randomly and the self slow is absolutely brutal. What's he supposed to do now?
: In what way? The passive change is a straight buff since everyone has less MR than armor, thanks to the passive change the E change is also a buff since the armor reduction wouldn't boost his passive and means you can get more autos out on a taunted enemy, and his ult lost champion and minion damage but now has a stacking slow which makes him better in teamfights and can allow him to auto his enemies more. The only two things that look like straight out nerfs are the self slow on his W and his Q being stopped by being CC'd with all the other changes to his Q and W looking more like power shuffling.
They've nerfed his W and his Q, his Q being not only being the most fun part of his kit, but one of the most important (it's also been consistently nerfed for the last few seasons now). It also seems like they're changing the Q just for the sake of changing it. The 60% self slow on the W is really clunky and frustrating (tested it out on the PBE myself) and also seems to be there for no apparent reason. The E changes are just generally pointless too, the armor reduction wasn't so Rammus could do more damage, but so his team could. Rammus isn't exactly a damage jungler and unless you're going full AD/onhit Rammus for some reason I don't see how the attack speed is really that important it's just like "Yay? I can auto people more on my full tank jungler." your E is mainly used for CC not damage anyways so it's just kind of there. The ult changes are nice and the passive is a bit better now but all around it just seems incredibly pointless. How is this rebalance going to do anything to fix Rammus's problems? His current issues include that he's only really effective into heavy AD comps, his clear is really meh, he's not extremely mobile, he feels a bit clunky if you're not familiar with him and he's outclassed by most good junglers in terms of damage, mobility and utility to name a few. Which of those does the rework address exactly? Nothing new was added to his kit. He still does the exact same thing, they've just given him some new problems with some random attack speed to compensate. Doesn't make much sense at all considering that there's a pretty clear consensus that he's going to need a full Gameplay update at some time in the future and until then he's just going to remain a meme champion that's really fun to play when you're going fast but is extremely simple and outclassed and this wonky rebalance isn't going to help. Hope that covers it.
: There's Rammus stuff on the PBE, they mentioned working on him.
Rainfall (EUNE)
: AP supports have been around since season 2,what makes you think riot has the ability or the will to remove them from the bottom lane now?
I said that they were never particularly oppressive until recently, not that they should remove them entirely (thought I wouldn't be upset if they did) and while they certainly have the ability to remove them from the bottom lane I doubt they'd do it. It cannot be denied that in their current state though, they are a problem.
Rainfall (EUNE)
: AP supports are still supports,the problem with initiating suppors is that you need to be coordinated with your team,the reason you pick alistar or leona or thresh is so that you provide easy and succesfull setups for ganks to your teamates.If you can not coordinate with your team those champions do not feel as impactfull. That is the reason malzahar is a good support despite not being a support. He deals a lot of damage AND he can create setups for ganks with his ultimate.
I have to disagree that mid laners with sightstone are supports considering they do absolutely nothing to support their carry/team, it's all about them dealing damage, singlehandedly winning the lane and snowballing uncontrollably. Isn't "providing easy and successful setups for ganks to your teammates" part of the definition of what a support is? Correct me if I'm wrong but supports are supposed to actually **support** their team in and out of lane. > If you can not coordinate with your team those champions do not feel as impactfull. While that's certainly true in its own right it has never been an actual problem until recently, the reason they don't feel impactful is more because they literally cannot do shit in lane against these champions besides sit under tower and wait for a jungle gank, hoping you'll be relevant later on if you just roll over and take it now. It isn't remotely healthy for a class of champions to be able to do that, even when mage supports like {{champion:1}} were good in the past they were never oppressive to the point where you just can't interact with them. Having "just don't go near them" as their only counterplay shouldn't be a thing. Not to mention that just because Malzahar is good bot lane doesn't mean he should be played there.
Rainfall (EUNE)
: Supports And Balance.
Honestly items aren't even the main problem, it's ridiculous champions that aren't supports being played bot lane. Mid laners with sightstone like {{champion:90}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:161}} etc. were probably the most cancerous thing in the game for a good long while, they relied on dealing enough damage to 1v2 the enemy bot lane and nothing else, which forced most real supports entirely out of the meta. I was an Alistar main last season, imagine playing alistar into Brand every single game, not fun. I made it to Diamond last season as a support main and the meta earlier this season was so terrible that it actually forced me to stop playing support for awhile, hell it was so bad that this current lulu meta is preferable.
: Stuck in plat
I actually had this same issue last season, I was stuck in Plat 2 till the end of the season but I did end up making it during the preseason though. What worked for me was just picking my best champ and sticking with it.
Miror B (NA)
: To be fair, they're bound to get some rulings right. A dead clock is always right at least once a day, unless it's digital.
I mean the Riot Esports department clock is probably digital considering League is a computer game and all.
: Competitive Ruling: Felipe “YoDa” Noronha
Interestingly fair after their last competitive ruling on Tainted Minds, didn't expect it.
: S7 Victorious Skin predictions
U R G O T B O Y S {{champion:6}}
Rioter Comments
: Patch 7.8 notes
Can't believe these Shen nerfs got through, they're just kicking him while he's down at this point.
: Don't do that. As much of a scumbag as this guy is, you can't expose players like that on the boards. EDIT: Can't as in the mods will delete your post and possibly ban you
I figured they wouldn't care if the guy is a cheater on an obvious smurf account who was banned already, but it got removed by Riot anyway despite the information being on two other front page Xerath posts and it still hasn't been deleted from either, so what can you do?
: Seriously? 10 hours ago the Rioter commented and no action yet? This is one of the most gamebreaking exploits I have ever seen in any game. Take a look at this https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=huvarg
I'd get rid of the link before Riot finds it, they threatened to ban me for posting it in another thread despite it being everywhere and that the person was most likely already banned for cheating. Doesn't make much sense but what can you do?
: https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=huvarg There's the link to his account. It's possible with the hack.
I'd get rid of that, I posted that too and mine got taken down despite it being posted elsewhere and the guy being a cheater whose account has most likely already been banned. Doesn't make much sense but what can you do?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 23
How about you just revert Graves's rework like you did with Kog'maw's? I'm pretty sure nobody legitimately enjoys new graves for any other reason than freelo.
: lol im not low elo dude
I'd consider unranked to be decently low elo.
: Good KDA's Cant climb looking for people to review my gameplay and give me some tips and help
S6 Diamond support main here, It seems like mentality is what's holding you back. I know that it sounds cheesy and I'm not saying you should incredibly positive but just mute everyone if you have to so what other people say doesn't affect you. As for tilting because of people playing badly, you have to understand that you're in bronze so people aren't often going to do what they're supposed to in a lot of situations, the best you can do is just try and win even with people feeding. Just accept that if you want to climb you're going to have to play a LOT of games so this single game is ultimately insignificant. You've also haven't played many games yet and since you were bronze last season that drags your placement results down no matter how well you do. I've recently made the switch to maining tank top laners, add me if you'd like some pointers and good luck in ranked. Based off your KDAs and Winrates as well as how few games you've played so far you shouldn't have a ton to worry about, though.
: Yeah, on that last part I was referring to the loot requirement, not the S rank. Sorry for the confusion.
The real solution would definitely be to separate champion mastery and hextech crafting to make it less frustrating for everyone.
Show more

Manwalrus

Level 173 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion