mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXpNGfFe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-14T14:51:14.511+0000) > > im assuming he ment his whole kit(4th auto. grenade) compared to her few autos. > > plus jhin is supposed to be the burst ADC with his crits so a high auto-attack champion should not be doing his burst in a higher speed But the kai sai was ..... FED
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXpNGfFe,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-14T16:12:36.307+0000) > > But the kai sai was ..... FED ok but should kaisa do 1/3 your health per shot.
mack9112 (NA)
: A fed Kaisai was doing more damage than you and that’s powercreep ? Huh ?
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OXpNGfFe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-14T10:29:56.183+0000) > > A fed Kaisai was doing more damage than you and that’s powercreep ? > > Huh ? im assuming he ment his whole kit(4th auto. grenade) compared to her few autos. plus jhin is supposed to be the burst ADC with his crits so a high auto-attack champion should not be doing his burst in a higher speed
: Does that calculation include the AD she gets from ult?
> [{quoted}](name=Widdle Megasette,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QfkmG0M1,comment-id=0010000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T23:59:45.447+0000) > > Does that calculation include the AD she gets from ult? i did 300x0.9 for the ad % then that 325 including Ws 200 + the 60 % of 300 increase if you mean the damage she gets for having ult active idk how to calculate that. basically mongoloid damage
Ifneth (NA)
: It’s not skewed research. He went over literally every skin release and the balance changes surrounding it. There was zero correlation between getting a skin and getting a buff, since although sometimes champs got buffs and skins at once, they just as often got nerfs and skins. It happened just this patch. The reason you think they do it ‘on purpose’ is confirmation bias. The human mind evolved to see patterns, especially ones left by other humans, even if they might not be there. Better to avoid that bush because a predator or rival might be inside than to walk through and get killed. So, when you see a champion get a buff and a skin, there’s a fundamental temptation to think, ‘There’s Rito doing it again!’ When champions get buffs and nerfs with no skins, or get a skin and then a nerf, since it doesn’t fit the narrative of patterns left by humans, our minds literally ignore that evidence. And the more neutral evidence we see, the *stronger* our convictions become. We can get trapped in echo chambers of our own making. So we have to start with the evidence and go from there rather than try to guess what’s true and find evidence for it, or else wind up thinking that Meddler’s telling the Balance team to hold up on changes so Skins can get some more cash in the door. If that were true, then why would Lux and Ezreal not constantly be top-tier picks rather than regularly middle of the pack, often worse?
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QRy4EbIN,comment-id=000700000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T11:22:40.256+0000) > > It’s not skewed research. He went over literally every skin release and the balance changes surrounding it. There was zero correlation between getting a skin and getting a buff, since although sometimes champs got buffs and skins at once, they just as often got nerfs and skins. It happened just this patch. > > The reason you think they do it ‘on purpose’ is confirmation bias. The human mind evolved to see patterns, especially ones left by other humans, even if they might not be there. Better to avoid that bush because a predator or rival might be inside than to walk through and get killed. So, when you see a champion get a buff and a skin, there’s a fundamental temptation to think, ‘There’s Rito doing it again!’ > > When champions get buffs and nerfs with no skins, or get a skin and then a nerf, since it doesn’t fit the narrative of patterns left by humans, our minds literally ignore that evidence. And the more neutral evidence we see, the *stronger* our convictions become. We can get trapped in echo chambers of our own making. > > So we have to start with the evidence and go from there rather than try to guess what’s true and find evidence for it, or else wind up thinking that Meddler’s telling the Balance team to hold up on changes so Skins can get some more cash in the door. > > If that were true, then why would Lux and Ezreal not constantly be top-tier picks rather than regularly middle of the pack, often worse? TL;DR: i dont believe im biased. there are some connections. stuff about riven i dont think im having this bias you talk about because im not ignoring the buffs that dont come with skins just because. im ignoring them simply because, first releasing a skin on every buff you patch is sketchy and scummy. secondly, it is obviously unrealistic for a skin to be made for every champion that gets a buff in every patch. (quick note: lux and ezreal have almost always been top tier and safe/easy picks. and lux is still a top tier op pick. i dont know about ezreal.{further sidenote: annie also has tons of skins and is still an OP pick. not that it really matters to this but im just pointing it out}) as for people getting nerfs while obtaining a skin is apart of the thing i mentioned early somewhat in which if they **always** buffed and gave a skin that would be scummy. regardless of intentions of trying to hide something or not champions get nerfed when the community outlashes. for instance the cancelled riven buff that was going to come with the new skin. people complained so they canceled it. if Riot truly believed it was a buff Riven **NEEDED** they would have released the buff+skin. essentially im saying they saw that if they let that buff happen everyone would catch on to them. before you call BS on that last statement. think about how the balance team is supposed to work. they need to take lots of time discussing,testing,re-testing,more discussing. you get the idea. and somehow they come up with the uber buff? for riven?. what i just said is kinda straying from what i wanted to say but basically the balance team takes lots of time to decide this whatever needs X balance. they wouldnt listen to the outcry if they "knew" this would balance X champ. the buff would still be released.
: Uh, can you like, not do this Riot?
https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1168976601612242949/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdotesports.com%2Fleague-of-legends%2Fnews%2Fchampion-changes-reverted-in-leagues-pbe-ahead-of-patch-9-18 Riot changed their minds. the riven buff wont happen
: 270%. Like, do they not understand how fucking much that is?
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QfkmG0M1,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-09-13T01:31:49.258+0000) > > 270%. Like, do they not understand how fucking much that is? doing extremely rough calculating. assuming riven has 300 AD which she likely have more then that. just by pushing W and second ult casting would do around 970 damage from those two abilities. this does not include: Q, Qx3, item effects, the increased damage based on health (execute damage), and auto attacks. and during this she will probably be tanky or shield fucking you. its so blatant they dont care that she was already strong. she is getting a skin soon. worlds is coming. like they arent even trying to hide it
: yes. let's balance a game played by MILLIONS to specifically cater to the hundreds of pros. It's not even the fucking champions in a solo setting that are broken. they are broken because they are mic'ed up and practice together to maximize their potential in coordinated play. Galio is the absolute best example of that. complete dogshit in soloqueue, but because of his roam potential with R and when he still had the ability to W channel+Flash AoE taunt, he was godlike in pro-play. In a strictly soloqueue sense, they obliterated Aatrox. I don't even play the champion and as a GP player Aatrox can kind of dick me, but I still don't think he deserved what they just did to him.
> [{quoted}](name=I memba balance ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QRy4EbIN,comment-id=000300010005,timestamp=2019-09-12T21:12:16.793+0000) > > yes. let's balance a game played by MILLIONS to specifically cater to the hundreds of pros. It's not even the fucking champions in a solo setting that are broken. they are broken because they are mic'ed up and practice together to maximize their potential in coordinated play. Galio is the absolute best example of that. complete dogshit in soloqueue, but because of his roam potential with R and when he still had the ability to W channel+Flash AoE taunt, he was godlike in pro-play. In a strictly soloqueue sense, they obliterated Aatrox. I don't even play the champion and as a GP player Aatrox can kind of dick me, but I still don't think he deserved what they just did to him. thats what ive been saying. The biggest thing pro teams have, aside from the skill , that we dont have is a communication system and coordination since riot just will not make team voice a thing community play vs pro play is completely different. like imagine the amount of brain focus you can keep if you could simply say *insert laner* is missing as you continue to farm and not need to ping. not to mention the abiltity to state your intentions for ganks, who you focus in a fight, etc. those things you just cant do in chat
Ifneth (NA)
: Thing is, he actually did the research. Here’s the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/bm31i0/an_analysis_on_the_question_whether_riot_buffs/
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/QfkmG0M1-uh-can-you-like-not-do-this-riot riven is getting an absurb buff. aswell as a skin. that data/research quite frankly doesnt mean much because its skewed. what i mean is, of course they dont give skins to champions they buff every single time they do it. but they definitely do it on purpose when they do. everyone and their mother have been complaining about how despite the nerfs, riven is still top tier. and then they decide to buff her... near when they are releasing a skin? i do not think its a coincidence that they buffed a champion that doesnt need it for sure around when she is getting a skin not to mention the earlier khazix Q buff when he didnt need one. I say this because with worlds or whatever coming that huge chroma skin he has will be available again.
: Uh, can you like, not do this Riot?
Those number increases are actually un-believable. like if you told me they went up that much i wouldnt believe you. that is actually terrible. i cant even put into words how stupid that increase is. why give an execute ability more damage to begin with
: LMFAO, yea GJ you play some one agaisnt Aatrox than can spam jumps GJ! That is his counter! I like how I said, besides Q1 everything else is hard to dodge unless you ahve a dash off CD, and your example is some one with unlimited dashes at almost no CD LMFAO.
you ignored where i said i also faced rengar as Aatrox and won easily you ignored when i said ive played other champions against Aatrox and won over and over again good job
: A single 1 by it self no, but he has a dash, slow, and pull to help lock you down. Typically if you get hit by 1 CC you get hit by a majority of the rest. Sry, but having 3 AoE knock ups, slow, and a pull in 2 abilities is poor champion design. Cause they either are OP or completely uselss. Also he is so strong on teams because of the sheer amount of follow up CC he can do. If you get hit by something as simple as a slow he can almost always land all of his CC. Also, besides Q1 the rest r not easy to dodge unless u have a dash off CD.
if its so op then why do i beat 90% of aatroxs i face. although i do play rengar top and obviously can easily avoid his Q i still play other champions into aatrox and still dodge most of his KIT. one time even, i played rengar into aatrox and stomped him. the very next game i chose aatrox and had to face a Rengar. i stomped him as well despite rengar being a huge counter to him. His W is mostly used IF he lands his first q and even then if you walk to the side like you are supposed to its not that bad. and as for the chain CC. that is unfortunately just a strat that we cannot shake off. it doesnt even have to be aatrox because almost anyone with CC can easily chain CC with their team. talking about his follow up CC is just nitpicking really since mostly any cc champ can follow up I don't know how you fight Aatrox but what i notice is people run from him in fear. Aatroxs weakest spot is right at him. if he ults you can walk up to him and negate loads of his potential damage. also he is kinda like Riven in the sense that you fight them when they use their stuff mostly because its kinda a trading based Kit. Aatrox will try to trade/sustain over you. if you continue to fight him after he uses his combo then you will more likely trade even with him or do more damage. regardless of any of that. as i said before. he really isnt that hard to fight if you put effort into dodging his Q's and studying
Ifneth (NA)
: This myth was debunked by a Redditor long ago: champion skin and balance decisions do not affect each other. Edit: Link https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/bm31i0/an_analysis_on_the_question_whether_riot_buffs/
lucian got buffed when the high noon skin came out. rengar got a buff around pretty kitty skin and im sures there is many more i just dont feel like doing the research. im pretty sure khazix and lee sin are apart of that
: Morde's damage is handicapped as shit. He cant lane bully and he doesn't scale.
i lane bully every morde game i play aswell as scale. if you think you cant scale take DH
: Bullshit. People complained about the Revive ALL THE TIME.
i never thought the revive was OP. 9 times out of 10 you just died in the end anyways. regardless it doesnt matter because the lifesteal from his ult now is just kind of a more complicated revive if you look at how much he heals per kill
: Except it's not nor ever has been his GA. It has always been the absurd amount of CC with High damage.
i just want to mention its not hard to dodge aatroxs Q's 0_0. most people just dont make the effort
: I love the effect that Pro play has on low elos :)
recently i had a lucian JG. they said it was ok because the koreans are doing it. classic story. we lost that game
: "It's just a meme mode" doesn't matter. TT couldn't sustain even a casual playerbase in it's non-ranked mode, let alone it's ranked. If people weren't playing it for fun, like a 'meme mode' would be played for fun, than I doubt there are people who are going to play it Ranked. If people aren't playing the game mode for fun, than there's a problem with the gamemode, because that's what games are for. Fun. Before you say that TT wasn't fun because it didn't get updates, I call bullshit, if the gamemode was fun, you'd still have a far bigger playerbase playing, because they enjoy the game at it's core despite it's flaws. Claiming it'd be fun if it got updates is a null argument, because once again, Aram still found a playerbase without getting updates. Constant support does not make a mode. So, regardless if Aram is a 'meme mode', it still supported a much larger playerbase in it's casual environment, that TT never had. Late edit: The "It never got updates" excuse also doesn't work because of the fact that new players weren't getting involved in the gamemode. Or if they did, they never stayed long. The "Never got updates" excuse only works if it's the **only reason** people weren't playing it. That's very unlikely.
because it never got updates it was not fun. you just want to pretend that not getting updates is fine. when you play TT because there is no balance worked into the gamemode champions like Kayn,Volibear,Vi,Rammus, any terrain traversal/fast-mobile champion/JG stomps the game. if you play your main and you main lets say olaf jg. enemy picks kayn. you already lost because not only is he so versatile on the map but he can gank whenever he wants to. TT isnt fun because it has worse balance then SR. if it doesnt get updated it cant be fun. despite the JG dilemma me and multiple people still enjoy 3v3s because its a good gamemode. its just never fine tuned. Riot mentioned in their post that oh we made changes 7 years ago along side the map revamp. changes that happened 7 years ago will not fix the game today. new champions such as kayn were never accounted for on that map at the time. when they add these new things and keep TT the same of course it will become boring because a clear meta is defined. most possibly Kayn JG, fizz and almost any tank will probably win most games on TT. dont try to fool yourself and say not updating the gamemode is not its downfall because it is. plus with your new players thing. if you were new and you played 5 games of TT and you see a kayn stomp your team 3/5 of the games and like a rammus the other 2 and you just lose everytime would you keep playing it with that initial experience?
: Agree. When i was playing pbe urf it was tilting me seeing "10kills" on this champ. I do not give a fuck riot. make me disable them completly so i don't have to see them again ever. why not make it a default setting option.
it is. its in i believe interface. you will see a drop down menu and you can select none for eternals
: nocutrn and rengar jump from stealth and insta kill you. if my five minute flash cd isn't up then there is literally nothing i can do. it doesn't matter how fed they are, their mechanics are just not healthy
did you just ignore when i said when i face those two as an ADC i rarely die. thats because i know what im doing. you do not
: rework nocturn and rengar
I main rengar and have played nocturne multiple times. simply said you just dont know how to deal with them. the times ive played adc with an enemy rengar i rarely die because i know what my main does. most people push to hard and get ulted, people also walk into or near bushes which is what rengar wants. when i deal with a rengar as an adc you have to be cautious of where you are in a teamfight. when he jumps you, you flash under a tower or into a cc ally. if he ganks your lane flash under tower run away from bushes not into them. you dont die to him you dont feed him. as for nocturne, dont push when he is lvl 6. wait until you know if he has ult or is top. i think you are dealing with pre-fed people. dont complain about their *uncounterbability* if they are fed because a fed assassin is meant to dispose of you quickly.
Rioter Comments
rKRex (NA)
: Muting Allied Chat
im pretty sure you could always do that
Jakra (EUW)
: I've looked at the reddit surrounding the issue, and I've seen Turkish players explaining how consistent their problems with the Turkish server are to Blade's. Dragging North America's server has always been a common topic for people, whether it's for the memes or serious discussion. Hell, some of these people aren't even from NA. But I don't think being banned for calling Turkey as "Dog shit region" is _entirely_ fair. From the looks of it, he meant the server as a whole is dog shit, not the whole country of Turkey. The R word? Yeah, won't defend. He shouldn't have said that, but I do think people are quick to paint the worst narrative of the guy. It's very easy to do to someone with a large following.
> [{quoted}](name=Jakra,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-03T14:32:51.580+0000) > > I've looked at the reddit surrounding the issue, and I've seen Turkish players explaining how consistent their problems with the Turkish server are to Blade's. > > Dragging North America's server has always been a common topic for people, whether it's for the memes or serious discussion. Hell, some of these people aren't even from NA. But I don't think being banned for calling Turkey as "Dog shit region" is _entirely_ fair. From the looks of it, he meant the server as a whole is dog shit, not the whole country of Turkey. > > The R word? Yeah, won't defend. He shouldn't have said that, but I do think people are quick to paint the worst narrative of the guy. It's very easy to do to someone with a large following. i see no reason for the for the R word to be taken as serious as it is. people on the internet do not use the word for mentaly challenged IE autism.. it is litteraly used to say are you stupid basically. are you dumb, are you stupid. they are childs play words and even children say r%%%%%ed all the time. its not a bad word people just decide it is because we no longer use mentally stupid for some reason
GigglesO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Azir ate my ASS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AHprYcvz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T00:40:23.243+0000) > > is this not every team game League didn't used to feel this way when defense had a higher value and worth.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AHprYcvz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T02:07:31.763+0000) > > League didn't used to feel this way when defense had a higher value and worth. i wish they brought back tower shields for the player. towers dont feel safe anymore
Vantafox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0030,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:03:36.255+0000) > > if you are having a bad day you can simply do /muteall or /mute all (i dont remember which it is). its the same as someone having some kind of punishment not allowing them to talk but you put in the TINY TINY effort to make it happen. > > regardless of how easy it is to mute people. you shouldnt play league when you are feeling bad. you are very prone to play worse and no one likes you for doing so. > > people need to realize toxicity in games is just the way of internet life. and there is no true way to silence everyone unless they make it where there is no form of communication. Except it is objectively not the same. There is no punishment to reinforce the intolerable behaviour as intolerable. In fact, it is then less likely to be punished and thus have no effect on the perpetrator, since you won't report what you did not witness. And they're probably still chatting away once muted anyways. Plus some people play as a pick-me-up. They shouldn't play either because someone might tilt them?
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00300000,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:14:19.802+0000) > > Except it is objectively not the same. There is no punishment to reinforce the intolerable behaviour as intolerable. In fact, it is then less likely to be punished and thus have no effect on the perpetrator, since you won't report what you did not witness. And they're probably still chatting away once muted anyways. > > Plus some people play as a pick-me-up. They shouldn't play either because someone might tilt them? there is little point in trying to silence mild toxicity. if you are "hardened gamer" or whatever you want to call it. if someone tells you to kill yourself you should be laughing at such a phrase because its stupid. The type of toxicity I will, however, agree that should be dealt with are threats on your life such as *insert your address/IP* "im coming to R*** you". stuff like that obviously needs to be punished. mild toxicity doesn't harm you unless you let it. if you don't mute you are letting the words threw, now that the words are coming at you you have to not be affected by it. If you are emotionally unstable or quick to cry or whatever you should just click that mute button. let the people who don't get affected like you listen/report. really you shouldnt even care if you missed the chance to report a toxic person because as long as you mute them they will never be a problem to **You**. if everyone who cant stand reading a toxic persons comments muted, do you think anyone would complain about the toxicity. Not to mention if you dont give the toxic person and audience aka you crying about them in-game they have to either get bored or realize eventually no one on his team listens to him because he is annoying. if they dont realize it that is their problem not yours. I do not support severe toxicity but i have never cared about mild toxicity. being called bad, an autist, to kys, play someone new, any of those low brow insults have never affected me because its so mild and stupid. if someone is ruining your game you should be allowed to trash talk them to get it out. I.E:[Dunkey](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI) when he trash talked a clear inting malphite that ended his promos and got banned for words. I dont know what you mean by pick me up but if you are afraid of having your feelings hurt by some dude drinking mnt dew sitting in his chair all day then maybe you shouldnt get on. i dont know if i have said enough in this post but seriously. it really is as easy as muting. whether or not the person gets punished should not matter to you because you will never hear them say anything
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: in the days where teamfights lasted for 30+seconds there were people just like you complaining that fights end too fast ie mundo couldn't ult twice in a team fight and that was a problem back in the day more like every time i see people complaining about the balance state of the game i imagine you guys trying this http://chriswardphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/studio-delayed-m3d3cqsdi5m4va1i0io6sk1vdkh043ktwriktdpbvq.jpg
: "Trolling" Has Pretty Much Lost Its Meaning In League
im positive an AD soraka mid that feeds and does the :) at the end of everything they say is a troll
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
if you are having a bad day you can simply do /muteall or /mute all (i dont remember which it is). its the same as someone having some kind of punishment not allowing them to talk but you put in the TINY TINY effort to make it happen. regardless of how easy it is to mute people. you shouldnt play league when you are feeling bad. you are very prone to play worse and no one likes you for doing so. people need to realize toxicity in games is just the way of internet life. and there is no true way to silence everyone unless they make it where there is no form of communication.
: Why again does an AFK offer NO ingame-compensations in LoL only?
I dont support the no compensation but I just want to try and point out why that may be. If you didnt receive a loss for an afk all you need is someone who can tank the loss themself. essentially if a game is clearly not going to be winnable the team has one person leave and no one reports him so they can save their LP. As for the bot. id like that but at the same time leagues bots are no where near comparable to the players so they will only feed. unless they make bots with better A.I. idk what to say about stat increases. essentially when theres a up there is an exploitable down.
Naalith (NA)
: Riot, just make a new Collection tab for Eternals. The new champions tab looks terrible
i mostly just enjoy being able to see a mass amount of my champion masteries. makes you feel better about sucking
Mythrandill (EUNE)
: The crap gamemode that you all have been waiting for is heading to pbe
: You know it be true
iiGazeii (NA)
: They did listen to feedback. They're making more unique stats. That's all people wanted, and all anybody really cared about. Those are the eternals people will be buying. Not the "Common" ones. We will be able to, and should, buy those with BE, not RP. So it's a ton of RP we're saving. This is definitely an improvement.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jz00EFib,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:25:07.901+0000) > > They did listen to feedback. > > They're making more unique stats. That's all people wanted, and all anybody really cared about. Those are the eternals people will be buying. Not the "Common" ones. We will be able to, and should, buy those with BE, not RP. So it's a ton of RP we're saving. > > This is definitely an improvement. let me reword this so you can understand why its still bad. Time to rewrite history. Hitler ONLY killed jews. no dutch Portuguese etc. just jews. its an improvement. **still bad** eternals should be a free mechanic or able to obtained in a free manner, such as having them all as BE at all times. also its not really an improvement if you think about it. think of how you have to _**buy**_ RP. if you want only the unique you will spend 5 dollars. if you want commons aswell you will always have to buy the 10 dollar rp. so 590 + 225 = 815. not very far from the original price. essentially they only actually lowered the rp from 850 to 815 aka 35 RP off. amazing. of course you can buy the commons from the BE emporium that almost never happens. so because you cant buy the whole thing with 5$ (650 RP) you have to buy 10$(1380 RP) leaving you with 565 unspent RP. assuming you one trick you probaby wont buy more eternals. even if you dont 565 != 590 so you cant get a unique. so you are pretty much spending the same amout of money even with the "decrease".
: Because if there was no response within 5 minutes people would still be bitching. Guess they figured the bitching about an automated response was better than the bitching about it taking however long to get to the ticket.
when you ask the bot for a human it pretty much takes it a day to be like "oh ok" then send it to a person. then the person will take about 2-3 days to respond. if we went straight to a person it would actually be shorter
: Oh man another game of "Enemy Yasuo gets fed before you can even roam to stop him"
the low winrate/playrate excuse always bugs me since whether or not you win is based on teamplay. just because its broken doesnt mean it will always have a 55+ winrate. unless they get uber broken like quinn was with her 60+ winrate. despite that, i know im good with my champions but if you were to check me you would see i have a low winrate. what most people dont seem to understand is that winrate isnt concrete data. unless if you see a very visible 30% or 60% winrate. 47-53 is the equalibrium pretty much
: I was perma-banned for third party software with 0 warning and I still don't know why.
: Why does everyone want everything for free?
imagine you download a free indie game. for the most part, there isn't much to the actual game. there are achievements to make it more interesting. oh, wait you have to pay for them oh well too bad. also, they are really bland ones too so have fun wasting your money on them. https://store.steampowered.com/app/931690/ this is Hinmo. a relaxing free indie game with a couple of achievements. i want you to install this game and imagine if you had to pay for the the ability to complete its simple achievements
: Steam achievements are flashable ingame as cosmetics? That’s new to me. /s
that is actually possible on certain games. in fact in most games the achievement you just earned will appear in chat so everyone knows you have no life. take notes
wowlukas (EUNE)
: Why delete twisted treeline :(
the truth is, is that TT is un-popular because of the issues it had such as bots.balance,etc. Because TT isnt popular Riot gives it little attention. then slowly it becomes less and less popular because of the issues. and now since the playerbase is so low they decided they will just outright remove it so that they never have to attempt to balance it. Even in the riot post it says > "However, Treeline has always suffered from low queue sizes, even in times when we added new items, map-specific champion balance, and even the Twisted Treeline redesign waaayy back in 2012" they seriously expect 7 year old changes to make the gamemode fun 'again'. its clear they had no intention to have TT thrive or even want to touch it because they are lazy and want money. And that is the sad truth as to why the arguably least toxic gamemode is going away.
: Anyone noticed the 'nErF yAsUo' threads have been non existent lately
they somehow messed up his windwall where most projectiles go through it while its being cast.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-21T04:09:27.488+0000) > Nowdays, every single game has Zed, Yasuo, Yi, Darius, or some combination. Do you know why? Because these are easy champions with next to zero counterplay in the current meta. It seems the real issue is that you have no idea how to play this game.
: New female Frontline champ?
considering they would find someway to sexualize them then id say no
: that's why it's still a beta testing gamemode
the beta shouldnt be on live servers. quite frankly TFT shouldnt have even landed on PBE until they were sure the game was even ready to be tested.
BigFBear (EUW)
: Getting less Items than your opponents is like playing Texas Hold’em with just 1 card on your hand
i have a post about how TFT is mainly RNG rather then actual skill. in the comments i make the poker comparision that in poker even though you could have a bad hand, you can mind game to make people believe you have a good one in tft if you get a bad hand you literally have no way around it like poker
: Wtf is this Renekton buff
the balance team themselves dont play the game. atleast the old lead didnt
: I agree with Pudge. You don't understand Strategy. _**Strategy: Knowing each tier of champion only has a certain number of cards which can be drawn among an 8 player pool, watching what people field and building other champions while hoarding their teams' cards so they can't promote.**_ Strategy: Knowing Carousels are artificial catchup mechanisms you can exploit. Don't be 100 HP at a Carousel; be one of the bottom 2, at least for the first 2 rounds (Get a free Force of Nature or guarantee your Shojins/Lockets) Strategy; choosing a team that almost has all synergies, but saving a spatula to turn on extra champion traits which make you OP. Strategy: Fielding Blitzcrank vs an ADC heavy team roster. Strategy: knowing that you gain more gold depending on how much gold you already have, and conserving it on rounds you wouldn't level up anyways.
> choosing a team that almost has all synergies, but saving a spatula to turn on extra champion traits which make you OP. first, it is unrealistic to have multiple near finished synergies and its RNG if you get a spatula from item drops and rng if carousel spawns enough spatulas to get one. if you implemented the first part you are putting yourself in great risk to MAYBE have a good synergy. > Fielding Blitzcrank vs an ADC heavy team roster.\ its RNG whoever blitz hooks and from my experience his placement cannot influence who he hooks. > knowing that you gain more gold depending on how much gold you already have, and conserving it on rounds you wouldn't level up anyways. this low skill strategy only really benefits the people who are ahead. and those who are ahead are ahead because of RNG most commonly. >Knowing each tier of champion only has a certain number of cards which can be drawn among an 8 player pool, watching what people field and building other champions while hoarding their teams' cards so they can't promote. this strategy is a double-edged sword that hurts you more. lets put it this way. you are building a comp around this one synergy or champion. but you never get to level them up or complete the synergy because that champion is scarce in the champion pool that no one gets to see. so you could sell them for the RNG chance you get another synergy. which means you are selling what you have that others have and NEED. to play RNG for a different synergy. now the enemy gets your champion and completes their synergy/level and you didn't manage to find a new synergy because rng didn't favor you and you lose. or let us try it this way. You don't sell your champion but you never get to level it up and you lose because the enemies keep getting other champions they need to level anyway and you lose trying to finish your synergy/level. you see most 'Strategies' you can attempt in TFT are affected heavily by RNG and its simple enough to see that just about no matter what you do. whatever synergy you try, placements you make, items you combine. if someone gets the op synergy becuase of RNG or a draven with 2 rage blades and a GA. you lose. You see, even though it takes "skill' to realize giving draven a rageblade makes him strong. that is very little skill. what i am pointing out here is that the 'skill' that exists in this game is small and is a big no brainer. before i stopped playing TFT i always got atleast position 2 or 3 before losing to the person who got better RNG. with that being said i hardly played the game and never looked up how to play it good or effectively. My friends however played TFT as soon as it came out of PBE and also watched how to be good videos and yet i always beat them by a landslide. because it doesnt take much brain to place 3 pirates for some gold. it doesnt take much brain to place down a draven and darius for damage. so since the gameplay is 20 IQ and the RNG determines if you win. i consider this to be a luck-based game and not strategy.
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=yWdOQoVr,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T15:58:29.778+0000) > > once again that does not matter nor is it true because if you look at my INCOMPLETE LIST it already has more RNG elements then skill. the game is low skill HIGH luck. Well i think it's nice that you finally watch 2 mins of the 40 min video. Your "incomplete list" is wrong. They game has tons of other skill based decisions. Which champs do i pick from what i've been given, which full items, do i econ or do i spend and if so what do i spend it on. The player is faced with literally 100s of skill based choice paths each turn and the RNG effect on these skill based choice doesn't make them less skillful, in fact the complexity added because of the RNG makes them more skillful. They only RNG that isn't element that isn't intertwined with skill is the amount of items you get... which IMO should be changed for that very reason.
> Which champs do i pick from what i've been given what you get is RNG. therefore RNG dictates if you even get something that is remotely usefull >do i econ or do i spend econing is very small in terms of 'skill' and spending on reroll starts the RNG machine. and buying from shop goes back to the first which is RNG if you get the right thing. Almost everything in the game that is 'skill' based is dictated by RNG. even with this being FACT. RNG is also dictating if you win or lose. like the chess game in the video, which I had watched from the start you are just too daft to realize it, no matter what you do in that game of chess. if RNG doesnt favor you in the end you lose. since RNG decides your fate that means all of the skill you used, big or small, meant nothing. MEANING that the skill involved is POINTLESS which means in turn that the skill is NULL and or doesnt matter. whether or not you truly believe there is a lot of skill involved in TFT. when RNG is the true decider of whether you win or lose. none of that skill really matters. the tiny amount that there is in it.
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=yWdOQoVr,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T11:42:52.634+0000) > > how dull are you. i TOLD YOU TO READ MY ENTIRE COMMENT. i watched your video and its irrelevant. im not saying that skill and luck are competing. they exist together in this game but there is more RNG luck involved then skill. > > what the hell do you think you are trying to prove here WATCH THE VIDEO. LUCK AND SKILL AREN'T COMPETING INTERESTS THEY EXIST ON A SPECTRUM. THE GAME IS BOTH HIGHLY LUCK AND HIGHLY SKILL.
once again that does not matter nor is it true because if you look at my INCOMPLETE LIST it already has more RNG elements then skill. the game is low skill HIGH luck. in the video he has the chess game that is based on skill and luck. whether or not you win is purely on RNG. whatever you did skillfully up to the end does not matter because whether you win or not is based on the roll of the die. when this is the case, any type of skill you put into the game is essentially void and pointless. like in tft no matter how well you place your champions, if the enemy got better RNG they win. Winning the game is all that matters. winning the game is based on RNG. doesnt matter how much skill you think your putting into work. the end result is still RNG based. stop with your crying about them not being opposites or whatever because in TFT that doesnt matter. if RNG determines if i win or lose the skill i have is null and void.
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=yWdOQoVr,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T18:14:01.512+0000) > > read the entire thing. im not saying they are opposites. also im not saying they do not co-exist. they co exist in that pseudo ratio You "read a video" There is no ratio. Skill and luck are NOT competing interests.
how dull are you. i TOLD YOU TO READ MY ENTIRE COMMENT. i watched your video and its irrelevant. im not saying that skill and luck are competing. they exist together in this game but there is more RNG luck involved then skill. what the hell do you think you are trying to prove here
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=yWdOQoVr,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-16T06:19:44.718+0000) > > because I did not say strategy/skill was not at all in the game your comment is irrelevant. and so is the video to this post. **about 90% of the game is RNG and about 10% is about actual skill. ** Gonna stop you right there. Luck and skill aren't opposites, this is a false dichotomy watch the video for a more detailed explanation.
read the entire thing. im not saying they are opposites. also im not saying they do not co-exist. they co exist in that pseudo ratio
Show more

MaskedMadness

Level 169 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion