: For what it's worth, part of the reason I've stopped playing support as often is exactly this problem. I really, really don't like this style of constrained build path. It used to be that supports actually had choices in a build path early. Now, they don't. You *have* to build your vision quest item first and focus on stacking it for the first ten minutes of the game or you just lose the vision war, which in a competent matchup means losing the game. It makes the role feel uninteractive and boring.
> [{quoted}](name=CaliCoastReplay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8fQme1Ni,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-08-18T00:27:07.279+0000) > Now, they don't. You *have* to build your vision quest item first and focus on stacking it for the first ten minutes of the game > > It makes the role feel uninteractive and boring. By forcing players to stack it you force supports to interact in the lane.
: i smell EA
> [{quoted}](name=that dough dœ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WTUA5fly,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-08-13T22:43:15.469+0000) > > i smell EA Nah, you smell capitalism. This is literally how it works. Corporations use some vehicle, in this case, a video game, to extract wealth from people. Other companies make carbonated sugary energy drinks. For some reason, people think the two types of corporations should act differently within the same capitalist society. A companies goal is to maximize profits whether it is Exxon-Mobile, EA, or Riot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WTUA5fly,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-13T18:04:34.130+0000) > > If you don't like it you don't have to buy it. Hello? No one is forcing anything on you. Of course, but I think there are other big problems, and Riot is making this only for money...
> [{quoted}](name=Luuuuuuuuuux,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WTUA5fly,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-13T18:11:31.771+0000) > > Of course, but I think there are other big problems, and Riot is making this only for money... > [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WTUA5fly,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-08-13T19:57:25.053+0000) > > imagine being such a money wore. They got a billion dollar parent company yet still need money smh They are a corporation in a capitalist society. That is what corporations do, they try and make as much money as possible. They don't care about the game. The game is just a vehicle to extract money from people. I am so sick of people complaining about corporations doing the things that corporations do in a capitalistic world. This is how capitalism works. Either become a socialist or STFU.
: > [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T03:16:13.789+0000) > > Go anywhere and talk about average players and everyone and their mother takes it as mode. You are assuming that people mean mode when they say average. Just because that is how you view the average player doesn't mean everyone does. Mean, median, and mode are not all the same. I literally used the data you provided to mathematically show that the mean and mode are not the same. You're [Patrick](https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/286/448/863.png)
Things you need to provide evidence for and don't: "player skill and therefor rank are a bell curve" - In fact looking at the data directly flanking the left of Gold 4 there is 34% of the player base and to the right there is 24%. That pattern continues through the curve showing that it is not a symmetric bell curve, it is skewed to the left. That is an objective fact. "mean, median, and mode are all the same value" - I mathematically showed this not to be the case. You need to present some calculation to the contrary. The math supports my claim. Riot does manipulate things. Did you not see last seasons distribution? It as either manipulated or the player base doesn't produce a natural bell curve of their skill.
Teh Song (NA)
: As I said, mean median and mode all end up being same thing here. Player skill is a bell curve, and rank distribution follows suit. The mean, median, and mode of rank is gold 4. If it's not, that objectively proves riot is manipulating it in ways they shouldn't be. Either way, **_I_** didn't redefine average. The people did. All of *you*. Go anywhere and talk about average players and everyone and their mother takes it as mode. Language doesn't always use the math definitions, I don't control that.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T03:16:13.789+0000) > > Go anywhere and talk about average players and everyone and their mother takes it as mode. You are assuming that people mean mode when they say average. Just because that is how you view the average player doesn't mean everyone does. Mean, median, and mode are not all the same. I literally used the data you provided to mathematically show that the mean and mode are not the same. You're [Patrick](https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/286/448/863.png)
Teh Song (NA)
: I'm aware of all this mathmatical stuff. As it happens, I'm currently in a statistics course. But you also have to account for the context of language. When people talk about the "average player", they are not using the mathmatical definition where average = mean. In this context, average isn't the mean or the median, it's the mode. The "average player" has the skill level that most players have. It also just so happens to be that player skill is a bell curve anyway, making the mean, median, and mode of player skill all the same, and this carries over to rank distribution.
You don't get to define average as it is already defined and has a way to be calculated. Maybe for you "average player" means the skill level that most players have, but that isn't what is defined as the average player. The average player is in Silver I and the most players in one rank are in Gold IV. That is a factual statement supported by data.
Rioter Comments
Teh Song (NA)
: As I said, you must account for the ranks having levels. That graph just says "silver". It needs to say "silver 1, 2, 3, &4" separately. Now you will have to forgive me for one thing: When I did the math, I would add to the count at the end of the rank instead of the beginning, which is how it seems to actually work. What I mean by this is that if you asked me where the 4.5th rank was, I would have said it was halfway into Bronze 4, but it's actually halfway through Iron 1. That aside. There are 27 ranks, because iron through diamond are split in 4. Half is 13.5. I said earlier that was Gold 3, but corrected in the manner stated in this comment, that would be Gold 4. By all logic Gold 4 is where the largest portion of the playerbase should be. And here I have 3 different websites that show that is the case: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution https://www.esportstales.com/league-of-legends/rank-distribution-percentage-of-players-by-tier https://na.op.gg/statistics/tier/ That second link has a good graph that actually separates the levels within a category, and shows the anticipated bell curve. Side note: If Master, GM, and Challenger were split in 4 like the others, the average player would be in platinum. But they aren't, so gold.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=00000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T07:11:09.418+0000) > > As I said, you must account for the ranks having levels. > That graph just says "silver". > It needs to say "silver 1, 2, 3, &4" separately. > > Now you will have to forgive me for one thing: When I did the math, I would add to the count at the end of the rank instead of the beginning, which is how it seems to actually work. > What I mean by this is that if you asked me where the 4.5th rank was, I would have said it was halfway into Bronze 4, but it's actually halfway through Iron 1. > > That aside. > There are 27 ranks, because iron through diamond are split in 4. > Half is 13.5. > I said earlier that was Gold 3, but corrected in the manner stated in this comment, that would be Gold 4. > By all logic Gold 4 is where the largest portion of the playerbase should be. So, there are two issues with which you calculated the average. First, by stating the "largest portion of the playerbase should be" shows that you are conflating mean and mode. Assuming your graphs are correct (and Riot actually did a good job creating a better rank distribution) the median is Gold 4, when the largest portion of the playerbase is. Second, the mean, or average, is not calculated by dividing by two. It is calculated by dividing by the number of total people. A trick you can use to do this when you don't know the exact number is to use the percentage as the number, so 0.4% becomes 0.4 people. Let's calculate the rank of the average Iron player in July based on your second link. Done your way you would get: 4 ranks / 2 = 2 Average player is in Iron II. The proper way would be as follows: Values of ranks were assigned with Iron I being 1, Iron II is 2, and so on until you end at Challenger being 27. The percentage of players will act as the number of people in each rank. First, you take the rank value and then multiply it by the percentage of players in the rank to get the rank score: Iron I 1 x 0.07 = 0.07 Iron II 2 x 0.4 = 0.8 Iron III 3 x 0.87 = 2.61 Iron IV 4 x 1.21 = 4.84 Find the total of the rank scores: 0.07 + 0.8 + 2.61 + 4.84 = 8.32 Finally, take the rank score total and divide it by the number of total people (add together the percentages): 8.32/(0.07 + 0.4 + 0.87 + 1.21) = 3.26 So, the average iron player has a rank of Iron III with 26 LP. Using this method the average rank score comes out to be 12.11. Silver I has a rank value of 12 and Gold IV has a rank value of 13 which means the average player in league is in Silver I with 11 LP! {{sticker:galio-happy}}
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yeah, Gold became the average for the current season as more people actually moved up or left.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T20:43:06.091+0000) > > Yeah, Gold became the average for the current season as more people actually moved up or left. Not true: https://s3.dexerto.com/articles/lol_ranking_models_2_blaustoise.jpg
Teh Song (NA)
: From the graphs/data I've seen (after the fact, I looked at them this season), they actually were on a bell curve. You just had to account for Master and Challenger not being split into level, because many graphs would just say "silver" instead of "silver 1,2,..."
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T01:44:31.702+0000) > > From the graphs/data I've seen (after the fact, I looked at them this season), they actually were on a bell curve. You just had to account for Master and Challenger not being split into level, because many graphs would just say "silver" instead of "silver 1,2,..." Not sure where you're getting your data from but you're going to need different sources as this graph is courtesy of RIOT BLAUSTOISE. https://s3.dexerto.com/articles/lol_ranking_models_2_blaustoise.jpg Ranked in season 9 has 60% of the players in silver or below, meaning the average player is in silver, not gold. You can see DOTA2 and Overwatch are not like that and have a more traditional bell curve.
Teh Song (NA)
: The number of players is irrelevant. Gold 3 is halfway up the chain of ranks. Therefore it is where the average player is. Could be 100 players, 1000 players, or 999999 players, gold 3 is still the average.
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvUfz7BV,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-05T00:18:03.344+0000) > > The number of players is irrelevant. > > Gold 3 is halfway up the chain of ranks. > Therefore it is where the average player is. > > Could be 100 players, 1000 players, or 999999 players, gold 3 is still the average. Not necessarily true. I am not sure if they changed it, but the old rankings weren't a bell curve, so the average player actually was below the halfway point.
Rioter Comments
huhndog (NA)
: Trackers Knife. Makes you more like a support and provide more vision
that has been removed from the game forever ago
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gwOhFMUW,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T19:42:34.406+0000) > > Guess what? If I don't buy it, then they learn nothing. It's the same principle with voting. If you choose not to vote, you're not making your opinion heard, because you're taking the silent stand that actually gets nothing done, and backfires in your face when something worse happens because your silence allowed the thing you're against to come out on top. > > If you don't buy it, how does Riot know that their product was bad? > > If I didn't buy Winter Wonderland Soraka, does Riot think it's a bad product? Because that's certainly not true, because the skin was absolutely gorgeous. So then they could think that it didn't sell well because of the time of year it released in. They could think that because it was around the holidays, and most people weren't at their computers because of travel or family plans, that's why the skin didn't sell. Then their lesson isn't to NOT make Winter Wonderland skins, it's to release them slightly BEFORE the holidays so that it increases their chances for sales. So in that scenario, silence and not spending money on a skin would have accomplished nothing. > > The Lunar New Year may be slightly overlapping the time period of Valentines, meaning that the Firecracker skins and the HeartXXXXer skins will be released at competing times. If people don't buy Heartbreaker Vi, and instead buy Coin Emperor Tahm Kench, does this mean Heartbreaker Vi is a bad product? Probably not, but it could lead Riot to instead believe that their events released too close to one another. Then they could change their release schedule the next time something like this occurs, so that each release has a lot more time for people to shop in, and they can determine that will increase sales. In this scenario, silence and not spending money on a skin accomplishes nothing. > > Let's say I don't buy Blood Moon Pyke. This would be because of the clutter on my store page that may cause only Aatrox and Sivir to show up on my page, and Pyke to be pushed off because of space reasons. Again, does this make the skin a bad product? No. And Riot could make determinations that some products are pushed off of the "Featured" is causing them to lose sales, and thus they could instead make efforts to increase the number of products the "Featured" page can hold. So here, again, your silence in not buying a skin accomplishes nothing. > > So this is what I mean. If you sit in silence and "vote with your wallet," you're not making a point. You're not sticking it to the man. You're not telling them their products are bad. You're merely giving them a massive guessing game and causing them to resort to their analytics to figure out any number of reasons why a product might not be selling, _because they won't think their product is a bad product on principle._ This is why YOU and I as CONSUMERS need to tell them their products are bad, and not lazily sit in silence and "vote with our wallets." That achieves nothing. Speaking up tells them DIRECTLY and WITHOUT A DOUBT what is wrong with their product to PREVENT that mistake in the future. If 90% of players like it, and thus 90% of players buy it, then is it a bad product? They obviously appealed to **some** people. They aren’t going to remove a product just because you yourself don’t like it and thus throw a hissy fit about it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy *anything*. Leave the game. Show Riot that you will take your business elsewhere if they don’t remove this product. Otherwise, **stop trying to make other people who like this product suffer just because you don’t**. If it makes you so mad you don’t like/trust/whatever Riot? Leave the game. If you don’t personally want to buy it and you dislike the manner in which it was released? **Don’t buy it**, but don’t stop others from doing so if they so wish.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gwOhFMUW,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T19:46:56.792+0000) > > If 90% of players like it, and thus 90% of players buy it, then is it a bad product? They obviously appealed to **some** people. They aren’t going to remove a product just because you yourself don’t like it and thus throw a hissy fit about it. > > If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy *anything*. Leave the game. Show Riot that you will take your business elsewhere if they don’t remove this product. > > Otherwise, **stop trying to make other people who like this product suffer just because you don’t**. If it makes you so mad you don’t like/trust/whatever Riot? Leave the game. If you don’t personally want to buy it and you dislike the manner in which it was released? **Don’t buy it**, but don’t stop others from doing so if they so wish. Democracy and capitalism don't work in the same way. If most people don't give a company their money they will change or go out of business. If most people don't vote those that do will have their voices heard. If you don't like what Riot is doing then you don't like capitalism. Simple. They are a business that just happens to use a game to get your money. They don't care how they get money, they just are trying to get it all the money.
Mc Raton (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwYJjr26,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-18T00:55:02.209+0000) > > Laughs in {{champion:15}} I know Sivir is nice to counter them but If your ADC is not playing Sivir or know how to dash out of the hook? What do you do? I love to Play Leona/Soraka, but I get myself the struggle of having an ADC that get hooked in wrong timing so the time I react it's either too late or summoner got wasted and we are set behind in lane. No other champion have the zone potential as Hook champion have. You misposition and they basically have the free way to make you suffer from it. Brand do damage but you don't get as punished for mispositioning to farm/ wards until later in the game. So why those champions get a card free ?
> [{quoted}](name=Mc Raton,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwYJjr26,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-18T01:07:31.736+0000) > > I know Sivir is nice to counter them but If your ADC is not playing Sivir or know how to dash out of the hook? What do you do? I love to Play Leona/Soraka, but I get myself the struggle of having an ADC that get hooked in wrong timing so the time I react it's either too late or summoner got wasted and we are set behind in lane. No other champion have the zone potential as Hook champion have. You misposition and they basically have the free way to make you suffer from it. Brand do damage but you don't get as punished for mispositioning to farm/ wards until later in the game. So why those champions get a card free ? You should suffer from mispositioning, that is the point of the game. And you play soraka...talk about an unfun champ to play against. She just sits back and heals her adc back up. Thrilling lane...
Mc Raton (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwYJjr26,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T00:41:08.719+0000) > > Blitzcrank is one of the top 4 picks right now in solo queue platinum+. > > That said, I kinda know what you mean. He can make or break games depending on the skill of the player and if your team gets stomped, Blitzcrank lacks the tools to have any agency over salvaging it. He just runs around and no matter who he hooks, that enemy champ will 1v5 your team after being hooked because they are so far ahead :D Make or break a game is no where a fun fact for either the users and the opponent.. Thresh and Blitz are basically the same way, hit a hook, win the fight, don't hit a hook get behind or lose the fight... but if they hit this lucky hook late in the game where death timer are high it's basically good game..You also can't counter Hook as they are considered a knock-back except Thresh wich you can QSS but since he hitted you, he got cooldown refresh so he will most likely hit it soon enought.
> [{quoted}](name=Mc Raton,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwYJjr26,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-18T01:04:42.151+0000) > > Make or break a game is no where a fun fact for either the users and the opponent.. Thresh and Blitz are basically the same way, hit a hook, win the fight, don't hit a hook get behind or lose the fight... but if they hit this lucky hook late in the game where death timer are high it's basically good game..You also can't counter Hook as they are considered a knock-back except Thresh wich you can QSS but since he hitted you, he got cooldown refresh so he will most likely hit it soon enought. You can say the same thing with basically any type of stun or snare. Hit a Morg Q, a Lux q, a Zoe bubble, etc. Hook champs are fun to play and play against since they have an obvious mechanic to play around.
: Is Riot seriously going to let China shape how they create their game?
Alright, many in the gaming community continue to miss the point of these gaming companies. The only goal of these companies is to make money. That is it. They don’t care about their game, they don’t care about morals and ethics. They do care about optics, as in how their company is perceived by consumers, but they don’t let the concept of “right and wrong” get in their way of profit. If you don’t like that this is the case that means you aren’t really into capitalism, which is fine because endlessly exploiting peoples labor to steal most of it from them by calling it profit is BS and when there is nothing left to exploit just leaving them behind. What EA, Riot, Blizzard, etc want is not even more money, they want ALL the money just as ever other corporation on this planet. So, they will absolutely do whatever is necessary to keep the revenue stream coming in from China. If they need to delete a character they will in a heartbeat because they care about their money, not your game.
: {{champion:142}} Like really. We had to rework half of {{champion:76}} damage because it was toxic? I'd argue {{champion:142}} is even worse to play against.
> [{quoted}](name=Exentrick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5kEkM1La,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2018-12-13T16:47:12.559+0000) > > {{champion:142}} > > Like really. We had to rework half of {{champion:76}} damage because it was toxic? I'd argue {{champion:142}} is even worse to play against. Zoe is weak at the moment so not many people will pick her, but when she is strong again she is just a one ability one shot champion and is completely unfun to play against and to watch in LCS.
: If you're banning Yasuo then you're correct, it **is** a waste of a ban. He's not strong. He's honestly not that frustrating once you actually bother to **learn to fight him**. If you're banning Yasuo, it's always for one of three reasons: 1. You *refuse* to learn to fight him. It's not hard to learn "pay attention to his giant swirly effect for when he has his knockup ready, don't let him dash right on top of you as a ranged champion, and just fucking step away from the windwall". You just refuse to learn to fight him. 1.1. Alternatively, you might just be too bad to fight him. No problem with that, because at least you **tried**. 2. He actually counters you. At which point, congratulations, you're one of the few champions he *actually* beats in lane. 3. Your mid "mains" him with a 30% winrate. Yasuo is not a ban-worthy champion. He never has been. Every lane can handle him by simply not picking someone he does well against (Note: This does not mean picking a counter to him. This means picking someone he doesn't counter when you'll be dealing with him). Top: If Yasuo's mid, basically anybody works as long as it's a regular top (No Vayne or mages). Juggernaut main? Literally any of them invalidate Yasuo if you can get GW or are Nasus (who doesn't need GW to deal with him, by virtue of invalidating Yasuo by pressing W). Tank main? Basically anyone works if your team follows up. Teemo, Quinn, or Kayle? You already counter him by either invalidating him with the press of a button (Teemo), exploding him past all defensive tools (Quinn), or just out-DPSing him at all stages of the game (Kayle). If he's top, any Juggernaut still works, as do the three ranged. Tanks are situational (as he *does* counter some in lane), but are generally a straightforward skill matchup if you aren't *too* telegraphed. Jg: Pick someone who can gank some time before level 12 and isn't fucking Twitch because Twitch is a useless piece of shit in the jg if you can't cheese a kill mid right after red. Gank him when his Q3 is not ready and he is not under his turret. Repeat step 2 as many times as you want. Mid: Any assassin but Kassadin crushes him if you're some semblance of careful (Basically just don't press R on him while his Q3 is ready if you're Zed and you win). Most mages are a skill matchup, as long as you've learned to play against him (see 1 above. tldr: Pay attention to his Q and E, and don't throw your ult into his windwall). ADC: Like literally every other matchup on the face of the planet for you, pray your team is decent enough to save your ass. Pay attention to the 3 basic rules against Yasuo and you *should* be okay. If he's the ADC just beat his ass because you have a better early than him in that lane. If I can fucking 1v2 a Blitz/Yasuo lane as Jhin and I fucking main Nasus at this point you can manage to not be stupid into him. Support: Literally any tank except Blitz does well. Most mage supports make him hate life. Hell, most enchanters fuck him over (Soraka just has to press E to make him be fucked, Sona can explode him before he touches the ADC, Nami does Nami stuff, Janna makes him hate life, Morgana makes him hate life but in a different way...) I know the boards don't like having to learn to do stuff, but Yasuo is a champion that **is easy as fuck to fight** if you know put in the couple minutes it takes to learn to fight him. You have to play against his kit.
You're points are meaningless. Yasuo's kit is unfun to play against or with and that is why people ban him. Also, player's who main yasuo very often have a bad mindset while playing him and adds to the factor to ban the champion. So if banning yasuo stops from making your game LESS fun that it **is** a good ban.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEIljUgR,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-07T16:50:53.309+0000) > > Its because vision and wards in proplay are much more powerful than lower elos. Vision needs nerfs for pro. Which is pretty fucking stupid considering 99.99% of the playerbase aren't pros.
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEIljUgR,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-07T16:54:56.534+0000) > > Which is pretty fucking stupid considering 99.99% of the playerbase aren't pros. on another note, 99.99% of the player base doesn’t ward, so this change won’t effect them
: He said matters the most, not “has the least impact”
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1oABEeGx,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-03T21:30:04.214+0000) > > He said matters the most, not “has the least impact” I guess you didn't watch worlds. Top and mid had the most impact on the game, and this is what helped IG win it all.
Verxint (NA)
: Every time I see this I keep wondering why do people go to lolesports to get the vods? Search for them on youtube.
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=whtoEKfP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-03T23:11:40.503+0000) > > Every time I see this I keep wondering why do people go to lolesports to get the vods? Search for them on youtube. or you could just google "League of legends VODs" and click the link directly to them. It isn't that hard. After the Superbowl ends the NFL instantly fills their main page with who won it.
Vuxem (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=heEyV8h5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-29T21:22:35.645+0000) > > The 3v3 meta can't even be compared to the SR meta. On top of that the amount of people playing ranked TT is so abysmally low that getting to diamond isn't even that hard. > > Not saying the matchmaking algorithm isn't absolutely fucked in promo games though. If getting to diamond in flex 3v3 is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?
> [{quoted}](name=Vuxem,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=heEyV8h5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T21:23:24.695+0000) > > If getting to diamond in flex 3v3 is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it? because most ppl dont play it because they dont find it fun
Malak (NA)
: There are plenty of new players coming into the game lol. In fact, when I made a smurf a few months ago, I remember first timing random champs and going like 30-0 just due to how brand new my opponents where. Thankfully, the system quickly realized and started putting me vs smurfs. I'd hate to ruin the game for new players...
> [{quoted}](name=Malak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vpe9nVW4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-29T22:49:05.145+0000) > > Thankfully, the system quickly realized and started putting me vs smurfs. I'd hate to ruin the game for new players... easy fix...don’t smurf
rujitra (NA)
: Look, i hate the term “person” being used where “man” was traditionally used (ex: fireman turned into fireperson [firefighter is okay], congressman being turned into congressperson, etc). It’s awkward, clunky, and stupid. “Man” in this instance refers to human. As much as people try to change it, “man” will always be the definitive term for all of “humanity” - history can’t be altered. That being said, I love that Riot is at least trying to be inclusive, even if I personally think it’s unnecessary, clunky, and annoying.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QxrREyI4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-24T20:27:20.970+0000) > > Look, i hate the term “person” being used where “man” was traditionally used (ex: fireman turned into fireperson [firefighter is okay], congressman being turned into congressperson, etc). It’s awkward, clunky, and stupid. “Man” in this instance refers to human. As much as people try to change it, “man” will always be the definitive term for all of “humanity” - history can’t be altered. > > That being said, I love that Riot is at least trying to be inclusive, even if I personally think it’s unnecessary, clunky, and annoying. It's awkward to you because you grew up and become accustomed to the use of "man." If you grew up with the use of "person" instead then the usage of "man" would sound awkward to you. Why is it unnecessary? Your logic is as follows: "We have always just said marksman, its tradition. I know she isn't a man so calling her a marksman makes no sense, but it has always been that way and saying it another way sounds weird to me and change is scary. I don't want to change because that would require effort even though it is the right thing to do. Please don't make me change because I am accustomed to the way that I do things, and it has always been that way for, and change is hard."
: Nope. This would have the complete opposite effect and heavily dictate what champs would be picked that game. Oh, ocean drakes spawning? Time to pick lane dominant champs and camp botlane so we can keep a lead in sustain and make it hell to lane against. Infernals? Time to go heavy damage comp. Mountain? You know your boy gonna go grab the heaviest objective controllers in the game. It'll also dictate how heavily you go for drags. Oh, enemy has a lead and the three dragons that spawn after this cloud drake are all infernals? Ignore drag because no way you'll risk losing 3 to an ahead team.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VHR8WryG,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-24T14:12:53.533+0000) > > Nope. This would have the complete opposite effect and heavily dictate what champs would be picked that game. > > Oh, ocean drakes spawning? Time to pick lane dominant champs and camp botlane so we can keep a lead in sustain and make it hell to lane against. > Infernals? Time to go heavy damage comp. > Mountain? You know your boy gonna go grab the heaviest objective controllers in the game. > > It'll also dictate how heavily you go for drags. Oh, enemy has a lead and the three dragons that spawn after this cloud drake are all infernals? Ignore drag because no way you'll risk losing 3 to an ahead team. So, it is better to have just one team randomly get an advantage because they picked the heavy damage comp? This change adds more strategy and less randomness, exactly what the game should be. I like it.
Kat1 (NA)
: 1. "It saves more time" Actually, it saves more time to win now. 2. "Wanting to play the game while behind is negative and toxic" Actually, every single game has someone at an advantage, and while that team commonly wins, first tower only yields 70%~ victory. 30% of the time, you will lose first tower, and be the behind team, and statistically you will pull through 1/3 times you try even though you lost the early lead. Not only is there evidence surrender= lower winrate, there is direct evidence by how about how much. It's pretty enjoyable reading the "how often do you win from behind!!! s//s/s/s/s/s!!!!!" quips, because not just that individual, but most of us, win from behind, 3 of every 10 games you play without even being the person pushing for the win in that moment. In a nutshell, people that want to ff/go next are bad players that normally have the least control over the game, and are carried to their ranks, this is why they see time spent = rank, and not nexuses collected = rank. Anyone interested in the speed that they win is boosted, people that know how to win most games carefully and casually take their time doing it. In no universe is a pro player surrendering winnable games, so that he can 'win the next 2 faster'. That's a poor quality meme. I can't even count how many times I've won games my no vote was the deciding factor in if we won or lost. It's enormous, and anyone with a 70-90% winrate obviously appreciates winning these types of games too. The only people that FF, are people that shouldn't have started the match.
Solicitude (EUNE)
: A few hours ago i played a game where our jungle hecarim left at about 3 mins, after diving lvl 3 and dying to the enemy mid. The game was a stomp like none other. We were picked off wherever we went outside our base. We lost all inhibitors and both nexus turrets before 25mins. Still we managed to defend for a long time until we managed to start going even on team fights. After that, we started winning them. And we managed to push all the way to the enemy team's base, at least the rest of my time since i was stuck in our base defending clearing wave after wave and fending off any struggler trying to bd. We managed to win at around 45 mins. And we were without any turrets whatsoever for around 15-20 mins. And this is not the only game ive managed to win 4vs5. Ive even managed to win 3vs5 game. It sucks pretty hard playing 4vs5 or falling way far behind but, from what ive seen all those years i play, no game is unwinable. Its just that some are far more difficult to win than others.
the other 20 times it happened to you ended in a loss. that means not surrendering at 15 cost you 600 minutes (10 hours) just so you could win that one time. good choice! enjoy the next 10 hours of getting stomped so you can get that one i never surrender win
: I enjoy playing the game, even in adverse conditions. Even when I don't have a chance to win. When I opt into playing League, I do so with the expectation that once I push that queue button, I am playing start to finish, and that I will use that time to the best of my ability to improve as a player, to learn more about the game, and to have fun. As a disadvantaged game does not impact my ability to improve as a player, my ability to learn more about the game, or my ability to have fun.... there is no reason for me to ever surrender. And thus I don't. It is not me trolling. To some degree, by my mentality, when other people surrender it is borderline trolling, since you're denying me the ability to use the time to get better. But.. I don't call people on it because it is a mechanic included in the game that has a vote attached. If the vote goes through, then I will not complain about that. But as it is a vote, I have my right to vote however makes the most sense to me given my mentality and goals. And my choice of vote is not trolling, regardless of whether I vote the same way you'd vote.
for the majority of people it actually isnt fun playing a game where the other team is 17/2. there is also little to nothing to learn. you’re team will have no vision and even if you play a fight correctly you will just lose to their massive item advantage. you’ll most likely get more practice in the next game as long as it isnt another massive 4v5 stomp against you. you and the others who wouldnt surrender in this situation need to learn what “opportunity cost” means
Pika Fox (NA)
: Wards.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T17:57:00.523+0000) > > Wards. if someone ia super fed it doesnt mattwr if you see them coming. yu see a 7/2 leblanc roaming bot side and you’re a 2/2 adc. bye bye
Jeddite (NA)
: > This has been explained multiple times already. Equity sometimes requires more opportunity be given to a disadvantaged group. There's that **"_TRUE EQUALITY_ REQUIRES TREATING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY, COMRADE"** double-think again. LOL LOL LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeddite,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-04T17:03:29.465+0000) > > There's that **"_TRUE EQUALITY_ REQUIRES TREATING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY, COMRADE"** double-think again. LOL LOL LOL. so if someone starts 10m ahead of someone else is a 50m dash giving the person staring 10m behind a head start isn’t fair? you really think that the person being born with $10 million dollars and one being born poor doesnt give the rich baby a huge advantage in a capitalist society? i dont think you know what equity means. also, you arent cool enough to be a socialist
: It makes no sense to balance around bad players. Why would you balance around people that can't actually use characters to their full potential?
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HYJYTxXB,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-09-21T21:10:30.924+0000) > > It makes no sense to balance around bad players. Why would you balance around people that can't actually use characters to their full potential? Right. How do you balance around players that don’t have an understanding of the champions they are playing with or the macro play of the game? Do you really want the game to be balanced around players that have 100 cs at 30 minutes?
Naalith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lovina,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=thiAvdE5,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-11T23:47:48.102+0000) > > This. When the Talon bundle came out I HAD to have the icon but I didn't particularly wan the border since it doesn't fit his splash as much as it does Irelia's which is a shame. Same thing with this Kayn skin. I want the 3 icons BUT i don't want the border since imo its kinda bland compared to how the borders on some of the other skins look better with the gold border. But I HAVE to spend more on that border + icons if I want one or the other. Not to mention the exclusive chromas with bundles. Such a money grab. It's just stupid. They arbitrarily picked the Kayn skin out of the whole batch to put behind a paywall rather than gameplay unlock because he's the legendary and they know people will pay it to have their legendary skin completed. They're going to make more money on this event than any other event of the year, without question. 6 skins, 1 legendary, chromas and exclusive chromas, icons, wards, bundles, merch store shit. It's just stupid. The fact they needed to slap Kayn players in the face with 600 RP when they're going to make a shit load of money off of everything is just ridiculous.
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=thiAvdE5,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-09-12T00:13:56.166+0000) > > It's just stupid. They arbitrarily picked the Kayn skin out of the whole batch to put behind a paywall rather than gameplay unlock because he's the legendary and they know people will pay it to have their legendary skin completed. They're going to make more money on this event than any other event of the year, without question. 6 skins, 1 legendary, chromas and exclusive chromas, icons, wards, bundles, merch store shit. It's just stupid. The fact they needed to slap Kayn players in the face with 600 RP when they're going to make a shit load of money off of everything is just ridiculous. No it isn’t. It is capitalism. This is how it works.
mack9112 (NA)
: I mean every single company out there does something similar to that if you want reform you will need the whole industry to change .... In reality it is nothing but cosmetic XS
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=thiAvdE5,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-11T21:46:04.505+0000) > > I mean every single company out there does something similar to that if you want reform you will need the whole industry to change .... In reality it is nothing but cosmetic XS You need capitalism to change. This is a company in a global capitalist society. They will do whatever they think will make them the most money. That is what capitalism does. That is its whole point. It only cares about generating wealth for the owners. Live in America and think that sucks? Vote for DSA candidates or stfu.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:02:36.803+0000) > > We need another civil rights leader like MLK to pop up. Vengeance isn't the path to progress, but every SJW seems to think otherwise for some reason Where do these takes come from? MLK was a radical leftist. You'd place him in the "SJW" camp if he were still alive today.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T01:34:52.429+0000) > > Where do these takes come from? MLK was a radical leftist. You'd place him in the "SJW" camp if he were still alive today. They would put Jesus in that same camp too! Oh the irony
: I wouldn't even call this a victory. What I want is Riot to talk to us, first and foremost. Them not talking to us about anything and just firing people without statements on it seems like we just bullied them into firing them. From a corporate standpoint, what he did should have broken policies, and the fact it sparked a lot of this should have him fired. So personally, I don't feel like we did bully them, if they feel that way (which Tryndamere appears to from his twitter) then I think that's a little crazy. That would mean it wouldn't have been on the table if not for us. Anyways, I never said it had to be a firing, while I did say that would be what would make me happiest, other punishments would have been satisfactory, and many others said the same. All reasonable posts I saw said that in-fact (ones that were constructive). So to insinuate we in any way bullied a decision (sure we may have bullied Riot in part) is a stretch of the truth, and shows some lack in responsibility in their decision among Riot higher-ups. ---- I digress though, this isn't a victory because there is no signs of any change in opinion on their actions from Riot. There is no comment period. There is still no PR team to handle these things. There is no comment on how much of what Rioters or ex-Rioters said is what Riot as a company also thinks. There's no victory here, at this point it's nothing more than a scapegoat. A punishment without internal change is meaningless.
> [{quoted}](name=Altonius Amakiir,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wHTLsdYv,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-07T22:28:37.529+0000) > > There's no victory here, at this point it's nothing more than a scapegoat. A punishment without internal change is meaningless. Firing someone is literally internal change because he was part of the interior.
Otivnaig (EUW)
: Please, guys, DON'T forget...
you guys are babies lol. a company wants to help a disadvantaged group and the group with power comes out and cries. pathetic
Kythers (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mast3rShake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:35:06.972+0000) > > Losing $10 is bad. Losing $1000 is worse. Do you understand degrees? why do I get to lose money because other people can't manage theirs?
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:39:17.860+0000) > > why do I get to lose money because other people can't manage theirs? ffs, the point is that their situation may be worse where they come from than in America, but that doesn't mean there isn't racism, sexism, etc in america
Moody P (NA)
: >white people have every advantage imaginable such as? the people getting arrested for weed are more likely to be repeat offenders for getting caught possessing as well as possessing higher amounts on their person. rule of thumb; live somewhere where people don't think your name is stupid. works across the globe. we don't need a white history month because this is a white country made for and founded by white people. its just "history" for us. lol. you sound like you're projecting fragility onto people who disagree with you politically. nobody cares about your soapbox.
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:38:49.196+0000) > > such as? > > the people getting arrested for weed are more likely to be repeat offenders for getting caught possessing as well as possessing higher amounts on their person. > > rule of thumb; live somewhere where people don't think your name is stupid. works across the globe. > > we don't need a white history month because this is a white country made for and founded by white people. its just "history" for us. lol. > > you sound like you're projecting fragility onto people who disagree with you politically. nobody cares about your soapbox. your weed point is inaccurate, look it up you literally just pointed out that blacks are systematically discriminated against, so thx i know we don't need white history month, so why do some white ppl complain about it? that was my point (over your head) you cared enough to respond...
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mast3rShake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:37:19.662+0000) > > I have no interest in someone who literally has said that someone with a PhD in biology knows no more about global warming than he does. Sharpiro's an idiot. Explain why 98% of the ruling class is white? get out of here with this BS What does biology have to do with global warming?
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:38:09.068+0000) > > What does biology have to do with global warming? Let's just start with science and coral. You do the rest of the leg work. Go back to reading Jordan Peterson's book.
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mast3rShake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:28:10.048+0000) > >white people have every advantage imaginable over a person of color Hoo boy, slow down there
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:36:32.304+0000) > > Hoo boy, slow down there I'd love for you to point out some for me. Just quick list a few, should be no trouble for you.
: i mean there are litteral systematic advantages to minorities over some white peolpe. I recommend looking to Mr/ Sharpiro's explanation on that though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyAZk8QYQk
> [{quoted}](name=Dmill0062,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:31:53.097+0000) > > i mean there are litteral systematic advantages to minorities over some white peolpe. I recommend looking to Mr/ Sharpiro's explanation on that though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyAZk8QYQk I have no interest in someone who literally has said that someone with a PhD in biology knows no more about global warming than he does. Sharpiro's an idiot. Explain why 98% of the ruling class is white? get out of here with this BS
Kythers (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mast3rShake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:28:10.048+0000) > > The people screaming about PAX remind me of the white guy who complains about a black person saying the N-word. In our society, white people have every advantage imaginable over a person of color, except one: the ability to say the N-word. For some people, this infuriates them. Why do people come live here if we're so bad?
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zTbac02n,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:30:28.051+0000) > > Why do people come live here if we're so bad? Losing $10 is bad. Losing $1000 is worse. Do you understand degrees?
Rioter Comments
: My issue with the "Women aren't represented enough in gaming"
> [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kG72VNom,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-02T17:46:51.812+0000) > > My issue with this is that it looks at people not as individuals, but as part of groups. The success of one male is seen as a win for all males despite not actually helping the other males. > > I don't feel a kinship with them simply for being male (in fact I currently feel a degree of antagonism), their success in no way benefits me. Why should the fact that other males have succeeded in this area mean that you or I should not be allowed to succeed in the area? This is where you are wrong. Not only does the fact that there being more males in a position of power benefit you but it increases your chances of succeeding in that area though you may not be as deserving. Do you think that 83 men are the most qualified to be US Senators? Since the ratio of men to women in the US is about 50/50 their must be some huge factors that push the Senate composition to 80/20. There may be other factors other than just straight sexism, but clearly, there is something going on. Having more that look and think like you in a position of power increases your chances of also getting there. This whole PAX thing comes down to one simple premise. White males are so used to being at the top of the power structure oppressing others in ways that aren't explicit that when this structure changes they freak out and claim that they are the ones being oppressed. Look at these boards. They can't go in one room for a small amount of time and freak out. It like the white dude that doesn't get why someone black can say the N word but he can't. It is the one power a black person has over a white person, the ability to say the N word freely, and white people freak out.
Ceazaru (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ceazaru,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NmRwmaKx,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-09-02T23:37:38.194+0000) > > Thanks for the warning man because you of if i went outside i would be shot and killed by some raging police officers. I'm happy knowing that the white SJW's have the racist and sexist notion of thinking women and minorities are literally defenseless without them and that they inform me that I hate myself for being a black male that disagrees with them. They don't want you to hate yourself, but just understand with a bunch of powerful white males on your side their will be much less of a chance cops will kill you for being black. Is this really this hard for you kids?
: > [{quoted}](name=The Nocturne God,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:42:22.036+0000) > > As a girl, have you ever felt like you were getting less opportunities or harassed at events like this? I brought my girlfriend to a tournament recently and she said everyone was respectful. I've been to a lot of different events and haven't ever witnessed someone being sexist. > > It seems weird that recently RIOT was in the news for having sexual harassment in the workplace and then this whole anti-male pro-female crap started... No, because people aren't fucking focusing on what gender you are. They are instead focusing on talking about the game, discussing their ranks, how long they've been playing, talking about game balance of who they think is going to win this years worlds. Never have I ever had someone belittle me because I was born a female at ANY convention I've ever been to, whether it being Pax, comicon, animecon, etc. This is completely idiotic and I cannot believe they took this approach to an non-existing problem.
> [{quoted}](name=KillerShim,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:45:07.012+0000) > > No, because people aren't fucking focusing on what gender you are. They are instead focusing on talking about the game, discussing their ranks, how long they've been playing, talking about game balance of who they think is going to win this years worlds. > > Never have I ever had someone belittle me because I was born a female at ANY convention I've ever been to, whether it being Pax, comicon, animecon, etc. This is completely idiotic and I cannot believe they took this approach to an non-existing problem. I ate dinner today so that means everyone ate dinner today. Fantastic logic.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dad Rock,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J700yf9g,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T05:21:14.006+0000) > > You have to specify if you're a "classical liberal" or a "neoliberal" nowadays because they mean opposite things and the word "liberal" now is most associated with "neoliberal" Liberal is liberal. Neoliberal is pure BS, neo means new. Look at all of the Nazi party’s policies and compare them side by side with what liberals want today. You’ll see, they ARE NOT neoliberals, just plain old liberals. Trigger warning: Doing the research suggested might lead to facts and facts might be offensive. Orherwise, yeah fuck you Riot. I won’t be buying RP ever again.
> [{quoted}](name=5Percenter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J700yf9g,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T12:43:41.267+0000) > > Liberal is liberal. Neoliberal is pure BS, neo means new. Look at all of the Nazi party’s policies and compare them side by side with what liberals want today. You’ll see, they ARE NOT neoliberals, just plain old liberals. > > Trigger warning: Doing the research suggested might lead to facts and facts might be offensive. > > Orherwise, yeah fuck you Riot. I won’t be buying RP ever again. the nazi’s wanted free healthcare for all and for businesses not to be classified as people? they wanted to close tax loopholes? i always thought they wanted to kill the jews. guess i better do some right wing research
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Get Ogre Here,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J700yf9g,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-01T03:20:10.684+0000) > > Absolute horse shit. Men being oppressed = equality for these libtards, it's sad... lol, how are you being oppressed by not being let in early? just another right wing victim card playing cry baby. little boys that dont know what to do when they start losing their undeserved power
: Intellectual Diversity > Racial Diversity.
Show more

Mast3rShake

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion