: 4 Remakes in Past 5 Normal Games
Correction: make that 5 in last 6 games.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Corvin0716 (EUNE)
: There is a large gap between tank meta and this one-shot meta.
> [{quoted}](name=Corvin0716,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5fhHwER5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-10T23:00:59.228+0000) > > There is a large gap between tank meta and this one-shot meta. Exactly, they can reduce damage across the board without returning to the tank meta.
: Get rid of the bullshit, 4 man surrender should be at 15 minutes
4 man surrenders @ 15? Nah. But I would gladly welcome a 5 man surrender @ 12.
Arkon567 (NA)
: Fixing leavers in games, The Hero Program
Nice idea. Definitely worth consideration, imo.
Jeezz (NA)
: You can't control when your own computer bug out, it's a machine sometimes things like that happen. I only got mad at that because you have people who are so toxic and this is just a week of playing. Btw it was not rank It was normals, I'm too low lv for ranked.
They should have more leniency for normal games; on that I agree.
Jeezz (NA)
: Just a rant about toxcity something leauge I guess never fixed.
Well, at least Riot seems to be trying to curb the AFKing. Credit where it's due. Unforeseeable medical emergencies are usually very rare, but they do happen, which is why going AFK once only results in a warning. As for computer/internet issues, those should be worked out prior to entering ranked. There should be really no excuse for AFKing in ranked, except for, like you said, sudden medical emergencies.
: Literally what the fuck is happening in ranked rn
I honestly believe that the system segregates accounts based on reports. In other words, if you've gotten a bunch or reports lately, you'll only be teamed with others who also have got a bunch of reports lately.
JancevFTW (EUNE)
: Dude sometimes people have internet problems i remember i was in a game where 2 enemy team had internet problems and 3 from my team we played like it was 3vs2 the only people who should be banned are those who rage quit leave their team.
Ranked games should always be taken seriously, which means that with 99.9% certainty you're not going to have internet issues. For those who can't have that level of reliable internet, they should stick to normals or special modes.
Rioter Comments
GigglesO (NA)
: And she didn't run out of mana spamming q to last hit...???
Support items give decent mana regen, plus she probably had manaflow band. The mana pool can last quite a while when only using Q.
: ***
It depends on the situation. If a player AFKs when the team is winning, or the teams are roughly equal in kills/gold/objectives, that basically equates to sabotaging the game, and should be punished for obvious reasons. Or the most egregious case, where a top laner will die right at the beginning of lane phase, TP back to lane immediately and die again, then disconnect from the game and never return.
: Remove promos
As soon as I hit promos... Game 1: enemy jungler a smurf (is Diamond in 5v5s) Game 2: bot lane locks in {{champion:268}} {{champion:21}} and if you're thinking MF ADC with Azir support... nope, you're wrong, they actually went Azir ADC with MF support. It went about as well as I thought it would (24 deaths between the two of them).
: But it's fair when Cho'gath gets to be tanky as fuck and still nuke someone by pressing R? What part of Cho'gath's kit makes it fair on him but not on Sylas? Both are still going to press R for an instakill. Cho'gath is just tankier so he doesn't die before pressing R.
Cho'Gath is very immobile and doesn't have a shield. His knockup is time-delayed and AoE, which means it can be dodged.
: Just wait to see a game with Sylas vs Cho and Ali Running around with 5k hp, full AP build, and taking 75% less damage
It's not just Ali ult that would sync incredibly well in this situation, also consider the ults of {{champion:44}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:36}} or the insane engage potential with the ults of {{champion:32}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:2}}
Rioter Comments
: I Demand A Human
Great post. Heck, I posted more or less the same thing the other day and got downvote spammed, but thankfully this issue is starting to get more attention. Hopefully it translates into Riot actually doing something about the AFKers...
RaQqa (EUNE)
: Don't u think Draven is too strong right now ?
Hyperscaling champions are too powerful in general, imo. There's nothing worse than playing adc or support, and watching helplessly as the enemy top lane Yasuo or Nasus goes 6/0 in lane phase with near perfect cs, knowing that there won't be any way of slowing him down in the mid/late game. Same thing if you're top lane, and the enemy Draven is 6/0 with a giant cs lead before you've even had the chance to do anything about it.
Groot4Love (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mathgodpi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xrgvPmzP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-02T04:57:04.909+0000) > > Mistakes Low Elo ADCs Do: > 1) miss 70% of minion last hits > 2) never even try to dodge skillshots > 3) never even try to trade with enemy laners, just stand there and let the enemy carry damage you for free We don't care. We are talkign about supps now. You don't have to take it personally. Just accept it andd become better. Don't get angry and blame the other roles like a child.
Maybe get your eyes checked? The OP said this at the end of the post: "If you are a support main in low elo and would like to share with me "Mistakes Low ELo ADCs Make," please share with me, I would really appreciate it." Don't take it personally, just be sure to visit an eye doctor sometime soon.
: Players Deliberately Sabotaging My Ranked Games
I have a question for those of you downvoting my comments. How can you possibly be taking the position that AFKing in ranked games is perfectly ok? What exactly is your thought process?
rujitra (NA)
: Your case does not need looked into. Statistically, someone must lose, and someone must win. Say there's a 1% chance to have a troll in your games. That means, for it to be statistically likely someone has had 3 trolls in a row, there must be 34 players. Granted, this is much higher than the actual percentage, but it shows just how statistics works. The bottom line is that with tens of millions of weekly players, statistically, someone's going to have absolutely no trolls/griefers/toxic players in X number of games, and statistically someone's going to have those in **all** their games. You getting "heavily affected" does not need looking into - it just means you're unlucky. And no, it isn't as soon as you make progress. What happens is you're tilting yourself out of wins once your games are more evenly matched.
Look, in the something like 1500 ranked games I've played in the 3 years I've been playing this game, I can say with complete certainty that AFKing has been a very serious, very consistent problem for a very long time. On top of that, I've noticed an increase in recent days in how often I get a teammate who deliberately AFKs (says something in chat like "open" or "afk have a nice game" and then goes AFK, or literally runs down a lane and stands still, letting the enemy team get a free kill, and then AFKs). I made this thread to ask others if they've also noticed an increase lately. But who knows, maybe it's just another "unlucky streak", like you say. Maybe if I play another 1000 ranked games and get an AFKer on my team in 500 of them, I'll ask you about it and you'll say "just another unlucky streak, small sample size, keep plugging away there, kid!"
: Fair enough but let's be more specific if we can. Let's talk about things mainly adc mains do. >1) miss 70% of minion last hits Perhaps that's a thing every low elo player does and not really specific to adc >2) never even try to dodge skillshots Same as above > 3) never even try to trade with enemy laners, just stand there and let the enemy carry damage you for free Right on the money but to be fair even some low elo supports do this where they don't try to trade at all while they are getting chunked so yeah this applies to both the adc and the support
If anything, it's more egregious when ADCs don't know how to last hit minions, considering their champion type is specifically designed to make last hitting easier for them than for other champion types.
: 5 Simple Mistakes Low Elo Supports Make
Mistakes Low Elo ADCs Do: 1) miss 70% of minion last hits 2) never even try to dodge skillshots 3) never even try to trade with enemy laners, just stand there and let the enemy carry damage you for free
: Does Morde's passive do more damage than Karthus's E?
Yep, as Karthus you're going to have to either kite him or stay away from him.
: Exactly, there's no good way to demonstrate it, and honestly Riot has to know how very toxic the ranked community is. It's silly to pretend they don't. You do have nice games sometimes, but at least every other will have someone at least flaming on one of the teams.
I avoid toxicity by muting all chat, but that doesn't prevent people from leaving the game, unfortunately. :/
rujitra (NA)
: Half a dozen times does not a pattern make. There are tens of millions of weekly players. One of them is bound to be unlucky and get a multitude of AFK players. And yes, your "trend" is an anecdote. It is your personal experience - you are attempting to claim everyone's had the same experience. For the record, I haven't had an AFK in at least the last 50 games, likely more, across multiple accounts. What say you to **my** trend?
Well, that was the whole point of the thread, for people to talk about the issue and whether or not they've been as heavily affected as I have. If others haven't been as heavily affected as I have, I would like my case to be looked into. And before you say "it's just an unlucky streak", that's not true either. This type of thing has been happening to me for years now. As soon as I start to make some progress in ranked, I get a whole bunch of games where people sabotage the games by afking or running it down.
: How? By starting discussions instead of diarrhea of the keyboard. We rarely see posts that go, "Hey guys, I noticed XYZ in some games recently and I'm not sure what to think of this. Do you have any ideas?" Instead we get, "I lost some LP due to unspecified troll behavior, why does Rito condone this to fuck my rank and take my money on skins?" Do you see how one opens discussion and one kills it?
You want me to provide all the video footage of each afker? I'd be happy to do that. Sadly, Riot has a policy against so-called "witch hunting", so I'm basically not allowed to show the evidence.
rujitra (NA)
: Well, yeah, because this is a discussion board, not a ranting board. If you want to discuss, you won't get downvotes. Many threads get downvotes, especially on Player Behavior, because they're simply rants and/or they have extremely faulty logic, even to the point of being conspiracy theories. As an example, this thread is an anecdotal, one time experience, and then the OP asks "has anyone noticed an uptick". No, nobody really notices an uptick because **there hasn't been one** - OP is just merely doing what humans naturally do - remember bad experiences over good ones.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tVL41GFG,comment-id=0000000000010002,timestamp=2019-07-02T03:40:30.627+0000) > > Well, yeah, because this is a discussion board, not a ranting board. > > If you want to discuss, you won't get downvotes. Many threads get downvotes, especially on Player Behavior, because they're simply rants and/or they have extremely faulty logic, even to the point of being conspiracy theories. As an example, this thread is an anecdotal, one time experience, and then the OP asks "has anyone noticed an uptick". No, nobody really notices an uptick because **there hasn't been one** - OP is just merely doing what humans naturally do - remember bad experiences over good ones. Uhh... "one time experience"... nothing could be further from the truth. Did you even read the post? I said it happened half a dozen times over the past few days, and it has been an ongoing problem for the entire 3 years I've been playing league. It's also not an "anecdote", it's a trend that I've been keeping very careful track of over the past while. For every time the enemy team gets an afk, there will be multiple instances where my team will get an afk. Maybe the most disturbing part about it is that I look at the match history of these afkers, and they've done it in multiple games prior to the game I was in, and haven't been stopped from wrecking more games. As for "conspiracy theories", I never said anything about a conspiracy. It's more likely that the decision makers at Riot are full blown sociopaths who care about nothing other than making money. So no, it's not a conspiracy, it's just full blown ruthlessness out in the open for everyone to see.
Rioter Comments
: Why are people so toxic?
It's due to a buildup of frustration from losing a number of games. We all experience frustration, but different people have different ways of handling it.
: You are very defensive on your answer, you should not. Sorry If i sound rude it was not my intention, english is not my motherlanguage. You should really not take my post as a "It's all your fault, every single lose is on you", that's false. There are unwinnable games, there are unlosable games. But that's not important when you want to climb. If the goal is to complain and feel better, sure you can focus on what you can't change (aka : your team, the matchmaking, balance, luck ...). **If your goal is to climb, ignore every single parameter you can't change, focus only on what you can do. ** > I'm actually very good at winning games No you're not, climbing is all about winning games, you said you are not climbing. **It's not a judgment, I'm not saying you are bad or anything**, I'm just saying there might be something you did not get about "How to win games" and once you got this you'll climb. I can't see your games so the only thing I can do is making hypothesis. > I tried the Zhonya's builds, the results were actually quite a bit worse generally. Last season I would always build Zhonya's and it didn't help me win more games. If anything it felt like I was missing out on a lot of damage. Okay fine, pick another item then. > Look at Karthus on op.gg, the mejai's builds have by FAR the highest win rates. This is a comon mistake people make. **Mejai's build have the highest winrate because people only buy mejai when they are already ahead** and so they already have better chances of winning already.** The same way the rain is not caused by people bringing their umbrella, a mejai does not cause high winrate. People are bringing umbrella because they already know the rain is coming, and people buy Mejai because they think they are ahead.** The Mejai is a snowballing item. A Mejai is a very good item if your allies have ways of saving, shielding, healing you. if you are going to be the frontlane for your team a Mejai belongs in the **"DO NOT BUY"** list. **A good rule of thumb can be : if your Dark Seal has 10 stacks, buy your mejai.** The same goes with Zhonya, if you are going to be frontlaning, and if one of your ennemies has a burst skill you can dodge with a zhonya, it's a good buy. If you are going to spend your time behind your tanks and the only way you die is because all your team is dead, the zhonia is pointless, it will just delay your death by 2.5s. > If games seem to be ending fast, it's because my top AND bottom lanes fed relentlessly in lane phase, and the enemy team can simply push mid with impunity and end the game. In some games my team will 4/1 vote to ff at 20, even if I'm voting against the ff. Try to delay this as much as possible, waveclear, push sides, you goal is to stall until you reach your lategame. (If you are losing, if you are winning, push objectives an try to end asap before your teammates find a way to throw). Also be supportive, be a leader, Mental wins games. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/328i45/hello_reddit_im_a_challenger_soloq_player_and/ (I liked this post and it helped me a few years ago). Do not be sad when it doesn't work. Be happy when it does. **Having a 60% winrate is just having a 50% winrate and doing 10 small things which, taken separately, would make you win one more game out of 100. ** > And no, I'm not "stealing farm from my teammates lanes". When the enemy wave crashes into tower, I'm only killing minions that would die to the tower anyway, when my teammate is not in lane. > That's fine, **if you have the time and the ennemy laner is not there you can even take the full wave and reset the lane by letting your laner's wave crash on the ennemy tower**. If it's not possible, you can start a slow push toward your ennemy laner, so he's be happy to get 2 full waves when he comes back to his lane (and the opposing laner would have lost a lot of farm), to get a slow push, let 3 caster minions in the opponent wave so the next wave has 6 caster minions total. This is more dangerous do to this in the midlane because the lane is short and your laner might end up losing plates. **I'll let you find ressources to learn more about wave management, it's a good skill to have**, and I'm Diamond and still do not master it as much as i'd want to. > Also, why should I try to help out a teammate that is 0/4 and getting out cs'ed by a 2:1 ratio (sometimes even 3:1)? It's a guarantee that there won't be anything I can do since the enemy laner is already fed to invincibility and my laner won't even try to help out when I go in for a gank. This is fine as well. As a jungler your gank priority should be : - **Contesting Objectives (Drake/Nash/Herald) + Protecting towers (some junglers often forget this one)** - **Winning lanes** (If your laners are fed make them so fed they just can't die anymore, also they'll take the tower faster so it gives more teamgold and they can start helping other lanes as well and they basically help you do your job. If your laners are fed they will soon be ganked by the opposing jungler who want the gold bounty, and it's capital they do not get this bounty off your laners). - **Even lanes : To try to make them a winning lane** - **Losing lanes : **pick the less losing lane but do gank very carefully, if you gank a losing lane you have to be absolutely certain their jungler is at the other side of the map and their mid will not be able to help as well. It's alway better if you can gank a losing lane 3v1 or 4v2. The problem with ganking a losing lane is if your laner gets the kill, it just resets his bounty and since he's now 1 - 5 he'll still die to his opposing laner and give him 300 gold again. A good way to gank a losing game is to wait for the opposing laner to get a bit too much self confident, he will try to give your laner at some point. Most of the time if you are 2 + 1 tower you should be able to kill him during this dive.
> You are very defensive on your answer, you should not. This isn't about being defensive, this is about pointing out what is honestly truly going on in my games. > If the goal is to complain and feel better, sure you can focus on what you can't change (aka : your team, the matchmaking, balance, luck ...). If your goal is to climb, ignore every single parameter you can't change, focus only on what you can do. My goal is to convince Riot to quit rigging the system. If I'm the best player on my team in most games - and I am - and it's not translating into reasonably quick climbing and a win rate of at least 60%, then the only reasonable assessment to make is that the matchmaking system is what is holding me back.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: so what's the issue here, lack of mechanics, macro or team fight knowledge?
: It's an evaluation every time. You can die when it makes sense to. I'm a support player, so there are games where I die more than I normally would, because my death might secure a double kill for my ADC, or maybe I can body block the jungler and die in place of my ADC (preventing them from losing out on XP and gold). If you die in a fight that kills the opposing jungler, cripples the rest of the opposing team, while your team has 3 healthy players left, and Baron is up, then that death was well worth it. If you are killing yourself in teamfights where only one person is left alive and your team isnt even going to get some tower damage out of it, then that wasnt worth.
And that's the thing, I do try to make an evaluation every time. All too often my teammates will do one of two things when a teamfight breaks out... one, try to run away when it's obvious they can't escape anyway, or two, just stand there and die (even when not cc'ed). All I need them to do is use an ability, auto attack, literally anything, but no, they won't even try to help in the fight.
: First off, are you trying to climb in solo q or in flex q? Because in Solo Q, you have a 55-ish win rate in this season and last season in solo Q. Your flex q is lower, so I'm not sure what the difference there is. But with a 55% you are going to climb, despite whatever loss streaks you are forced into. You would have climbed more last season, but it was polluted a little bit by playing other champions which dragged down your overall win rate. Literally if you don't group with people and only play Karthus and maybe 1 or 2 autofill champs, you are going to climb. Just keep in mind that it takes a lot of games to settle to where you might expect to be.
Played 1000 games last season to only get to gold 4, then bounced back and forth between silver 1 and gold 5 for a long time. The same kind of thing appears to be happening again this season.
Padoµch (EUNE)
: They cannot get fed when you gank in 4 minutes. If your laner backs off, just take farm, and sit another lane...
When I leave lane, my teammate will die to his lane opponent usually within a minute... No matter which lane I try to gank, teammate will just run away and leave me to die when I go in...
: You have a 59% WR with Karthus this season but only 22 games played in ranked. Just keep playing, and you'll get out of Silver easy. You're saying you're not climbing but you actually are lol What are you complaining about? You want to climb faster?
I went on a win streak after posting this on the board. I was upset that my placement games were all messed up due to trolls. But my larger point still remains, I played 1000 games last season and could only get to gold. Trolls would suppress me every time I started to make some progress.
Rioter Comments
RaQqa (EUNE)
: How to climb ? eh I just often ask it myself. Try to take strong early champions, games ends usually in 20-25 min maybe it will help. Im just having simillar problem as u, whenever I play good and stomp lane, Im just loosing due to my team, funny thing is when I int on purpose im often winning the games, lmao. Im too lazy to check your op gg, so if u play jungle, try to camp bot, push towers with them, if your bot suck, camp the lane which got cc so your gank will be easy. I feel like other lanes are garbage to carry solo. On bot u must have very good communication with your support to actually do something and other lanes are meh. Currently it's just coinflip, just 5 players coin flip, U can only carry hard 1v5 with assassin jungle if u stomped early. or{{champion:11}} .
The problem with playing an assassin jungle or Yi, is that the enemy team will get ultra fed in lane phase, then at around the 15 minute mark they will group as 5 and stay grouped for the rest of the game no matter what I do. If I split push, they just come after me and kill me. If I try to group with team, their whole team will focus me down and ignore the rest of my team. It's lose-lose no matter what I do.
: Maybe I can help a bit as someone who was recently Gold that just reached Plat. Think about picking a champion that fits your team better. Karthus will do a lot of damage, and absolutely nothing else. I play a good amount of Karthus, but I won't touch him if enemy team has shields, heals, invuln, etc. He is not the right pick for every occasion. If enemy team is squishy with minimal shield/heal, I like to go Karthus. With that said, you really need to consider what your own team may need, as you will ONLY be providing damage. Your team might need a tank or crowd control instead of extra damage. Kills are great, but it DOES NOT always translate to a win. Also, as someone else mentioned, don't build Mejai on Karthus. He will die a lot by design.
Fair comment. Karthus isn't always the best pick. But I find it interesting that you say that Karthus will die a lot by design, but then other people are telling me that I have to avoid dying in order to win. So, which is it?
SupMates (NA)
: Gotta love how this guy writes a post requesting feedback on why he's losing games and stuck in silver tier, and when people give him very constructive feedback he argues against it and rejects it. I guess the "math god" is smarter than all the higher ranked players who are trying to help him.
Because they're accusing me of doing things I'm not doing, giving me advice that I'm already following, and commenting on things I have no control over (such as games ending so quick, when I can't do anything about my teammates ff'ing @ 20).
FkValeRly (EUW)
: op.ggs evaluation on player performance is about equivalent to a bronze players opinion on balance. >I'm really honestly trying to win and climb but it seems impossible. get free coaching from a dia player and you'll quickly get better, if you want to improve by yourself just pick one champion and copy the pathing of a challenger player of the same champion.
Been there done that, no results. op.gg player performance score may not be perfect, but it does give a pretty good idea of how each player performed in each game.
: This is why Lps gains are not based on those metrics. You are good at doing damages, farming, getting high opgg ratings. You are not good at : winning games. Myrmiron gave a pretty good explanation of what could be the reason for this incapacity to climb despite being top damage. First of all you play karthus with a mejai, this would be okay if you didnt die so much. Either you play a bit risky and you dont buy a mejai or you play extra safe and trust your team (not a good idea) and you buy a mejai. You better buy a Zonia and deal damages for 2,5 more seconds (Also I would take ultimate hunter in your masteries) :) Now that you are able to survive the teamfights, you can focus on what matters in lol : taking objectives. And you can lead your team. **Something else that I noticed, your games are very very short. Karthus is a godly lategame champion, if you ever press surrender before min 30 you are doing something wrong.** I'm playing veigar which is a late game champion as well and** I can't count the games in which we are 8k to 10k gold behind and one to 2 inibitors behind and we finaly come back because i'm able to OS 2 people with a good cage at the 35 minut mark**. Remember that past 30min an ace with 3 people surviving on your team often mean an instant win. If you want quick wins, play early champions.** If you have a steel mental and you have the capacity to see your team getting fucked half the game before you finaly rises, then you can play lategame champions. ** Let's talk a bit about your farm. Where does it come from ? Is it jungle farm ? Are you abandonning your laners when they are behind ? Do you take their farm ? It might be okay but then you put the whole burden of carring on you. **You can't take all the gold available for your team, then die and complain that your teammates are not carring, they just can't anymore, YOU have the gold.**
I'm actually very good at winning games, as is evidenced any time I don't get BOTH a feeding top lane AND a feeding bot lane in the same game. I do focus on objectives first and foremost. But I'm not going to try and contest an objective when the whole enemy team is there and my team is on death timers. I tried the Zhonya's builds, the results were actually quite a bit worse generally. Last season I would always build Zhonya's and it didn't help me win more games. If anything it felt like I was missing out on a lot of damage. Look at Karthus on op.gg, the mejai's builds have by FAR the highest win rates. If games seem to be ending fast, it's because my top AND bottom lanes fed relentlessly in lane phase, and the enemy team can simply push mid with impunity and end the game. In some games my team will 4/1 vote to ff at 20, even if I'm voting against the ff. And no, I'm not "stealing farm from my teammates lanes". When the enemy wave crashes into tower, I'm only killing minions that would die to the tower anyway, when my teammate is not in lane. Also, why should I try to help out a teammate that is 0/4 and getting out cs'ed by a 2:1 ratio (sometimes even 3:1)? It's a guarantee that there won't be anything I can do since the enemy laner is already fed to invincibility and my laner won't even try to help out when I go in for a gank.
Padoµch (EUNE)
: Hey dude, I looked at your op.gg as everyone here. What I can see is what @Myrmiron said. Some people dont like it when I say it like that, but you are playing a hyper carry. When you get ahead, dont let the enemy team breathe. Stomp their neck and dont let go <- what do I mean by this? The easiest lane to gank is top -> sit top, a lot! Get pressure -> when the enemy laner dies farm up the lane and push to the turret. Back, rinse and repeat. Top laner are so easy to tilt (I main top). Remember creating pressure isnt just sitting on a lane, its making sure that the enemy laner gets nothing or just a little bit from the EXP and Gold from cs as possible thus making him even more useless into fights that are gonna come. Never just run into the teamfight to die, that is not a good strat, you are alone to carry, when you die your team is like a kindergarden, everybody you see will just run around doing nothing. Use spells from afar, and if needed, just back off a little and use R. That shoudl get your team some boost. You can help them to finish them off by then, or just use R at the start of the fight.
I addressed most of this in response to Myrmiron's post. Ganking top is pointless because the enemy laner always backs off bafore I get there, or kills me because my teammate backs off when I go in. As Karthus, how am I supposed to 1v1 a fed Darius or Renekton, for example?
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Two things. 1) Judging from your rather poor KDAs it seems like you're playing suicide Karthus. 2) You basically always have insane damage dealt every game. So, here's how I assume every team fight in your games goes, you go in, die, all enemies die from your damage, a few guys from your team walk away alive, and immediate go farm jungle monsters or go back and heal/buy items. And there's the problem, they don't take anything off of those teamfights, and you're not alive to lead them to take a turret/other objective. It sounds basic, but imo if you wanna win you need to live through the teamfights and be the leader they can follow.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UtdmZhYn,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-22T04:20:13.999+0000) > > Two things. > 1) Judging from your rather poor KDAs it seems like you're playing suicide Karthus. > 2) You basically always have insane damage dealt every game. > So, here's how I assume every team fight in your games goes, you go in, die, all enemies die from your damage, a few guys from your team walk away alive, and immediate go farm jungle monsters or go back and heal/buy items. > And there's the problem, they don't take anything off of those teamfights, and you're not alive to lead them to take a turret/other objective. > It sounds basic, but imo if you wanna win you need to live through the teamfights and be the leader they can follow. I'm not playing suicide Karthus. If it seems like I'm dying a lot, it's because the enemy team can just charge at me with impunity knowing they won't face any consequence by doing so. They can tower dive me no problem due to how hard my teammates fed them, and they always focus me down first in teamfights. To make matters worse, I also have to deal with the enemy laners getting lane priority and then multi-teaming me inside my own jungle. They either pick me if they find me, or clear my camps if I'm not in the area at the time. How exactly am I supposed to deal with the enemy team group-raiding my jungle? Asking for teammate help is pointless as they're either always on death timers or they sit in lane with their thumbs up their butts and refuse to help. You might say invade the opposite side jungle, but when I do, their camps are usually already cleared. You're telling me to win teamfights without dying. This is physically impossible because the enemy team uses their dashes, summs, ults, to completely fixate on killing me fast and completely ignoring the rest of my team. This wouldn't be a problem if my team ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING to punish the enemy team, but they just stand there and do nothing... then predictably die. I'm generally dealing with the same problem in every one on my losses, which is that top lane AND bottom lane both feed relentlessly. How am I supposed to babysit top lane AND bot lane AND farm my jungle, all at the same time? It's impossible. To make matters worse, ganking a lane is pretty much pointless and counter productive considering that my teammates will almost always ignore my ganks, sitting there and doing nothing when they could have easily moved in and secured the kill. Instead, I get a face full of the enemy's summs/ult, and find myself on a death timer. There are more problems beyond just those. Once the game gets to mid or late game, my teammates will push lanes with absolutely no tact or thought to anything, they just push as far as possible and act all surprised when they all get picked. Either that or they'll wander into dark areas of the jungle where there is no vision, then predictably get picked. This kind of thing even happens when we get a pick and have a 5v3 advantage for the next 20 seconds and baron is nearby, my whole team will run into the enemy base and die instead of taking a free baron. No amount of pinging seems to rectify the problem. And no, I'm not "stealing farm from my teammates lanes". When the enemy wave crashes into tower, I'm only killing minions that would die to the tower anyway, when my teammate is not in lane. One other thing, two of my losses lately were from teammates d/cing. In one game, my top laner died at the very start of lane phase, TP'ed back to lane, died again, then left the game and didn't return. In another game, my top and bot lane were both getting smashed, but my mid laner was winning hard, then at 20 minutes randomly left the game and didn't return.
: For as much money as riot makes.. youd think they would want to fix their client.
There wasn't a single thing wrong with their previous client. They spent a bunch of money to make a laggy replacement of what they had before. :/
Rioter Comments
: as i said as much as bad the build is its not against the rules , maybe extreme cases where the items have exactly 0 use on the champion ({{champion:119}} {{item:3089}} since he dont have any ap scaling). im not saying she should do that , what im saying is i dont think its exactly against the rules
> [{quoted}](name=hrooza dota ,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z4GX554E,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-14T02:45:27.237+0000) > > as i said as much as bad the build is its not against the rules , maybe extreme cases where the items have exactly 0 use on the champion ({{champion:119}} {{item:3089}} since he dont have any ap scaling). > > im not saying she should do that , what im saying is i dont think its exactly against the rules It may not be against the rules but it **should** be, imo.
dboy225 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mathgodpi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z4GX554E,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:23:18.247+0000) > > Lux top lane, the only ap champion on our team, deliberately builds bork, runaan's, and BF sword, and openly brags in chat about how dumb her build is ummm what is wrong with that? there is no rules in saying how you have to build or what to build or that you have to play in a specific way. everyone doing the same exact thing some korean pro player does only limits your own personal creativity. it is ok to use your own brain and come up with your own things. in fact at least imo it is a lot more honorable to learn everything on your own and to have uniqueness in your own play style versus following what everyone else does just because they say its good. hell i got a lot of crap and flame for taking ghost and exhaust with ashe in a lot of my matches with her. everyone wanted to keep saying hes trolling just to see me lighting their entire team up with it towards the end of the match. hell that is how i got the m7 badge with her. by taking ghost and exhaust when using her instead of flash and heal.
There is a difference between trying a sub-optimal build, and straight up helping the enemy team win. In the example I cited, the Lux was actively helping the enemy team win by allowing them to stack armor and win by default. In your case, you actually put some thought into your build which is why it was still viable.
: i mean its not against the rules to build that , she still can auto attack so she can use those items for all what matter (besides there was 1 armor item in the whole enemy so you cant use the *she is the only ap!!* argument)
Wrong. If she's the only ap champion on our team, buiding only ad items means she's trolling. If the enemy team isn't building armor, that doesn't take away from the fact that she was deliberately trying to make it harder for us to win.
Show more

Mathgodpi

Level 267 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion