Tumlain (NA)
: What is League of Legends definition of "hate speech"?
Hate speech has a real world weight and history behind it. For comparison, there’s a vast difference between calling someone an idiot and calling them a f*g. While both can broadly be called insults, the second has historically been used to dehumanize, assault, and subjugate an entire group of people. The word has a large body count associated with it and thus has a heavy weight attached regardless of who it’s aimed at. Even if you don’t know the identity of a person, the weight of the word doesn’t disappear. The “insult” of the word in my example is that you’d be calling them gay and it doesn’t matter if it’s true or not for example.
: the word autistic?
The only times I’ve ever seen it used positively are when it’s being used by an autistic person if Im being honest. I’m autistic and my friend group (also autistic) use it to describe things as relatable, calming, good, etc. when we ask if a streamer is autistic, it’s done in an excited, hopeful manner (because hey they’re like us so relatable). When non autistic people ask if someone is autistic, it’s at best neutral (genuine curiosity with no ill intent). But it’s usually meant as an insult with them defining it as stupid. Which is wrong and hurtful but unfortunately how much of the world views us. Preferable to the r one tho.
dedder (NA)
: Well the explaining is important... it was my own team that reported me not the enemy team.. I did get a 15 day ban last year for making comments about Trump... but it's not like I hate the guy either.. is there a way to dispute this ban?
> [{quoted}](name=dedder,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TxRwKA6j,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-08T16:43:32.438+0000) > > Well the explaining is important... it was my own team that reported me not the enemy team.. I did get a 15 day ban last year for making comments about Trump... but it's not like I hate the guy either.. is there a way to dispute this ban? If you feel the comments are needed then separate them into their own paragraphs instead of doing line by line or at the very least bold your comments. It’s incredibly hard to read the further along you go.
: > [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAnwEzch,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-04T21:55:31.787+0000) > > Don’t call trans people transvestites. Arent some trans people transvestites though? Isnt trans shortened from words like transgender, transexual, transvestite? Literally trans can be shortened from transvestite, cant it? Or did you just generalize trans to mean only one thing?
No. It’s an offensive term that SOME trans people choose to reclaim for themselves. The terms definition is basically someone dressing up as another gender for sexual gratification. Calling trans people that implies that we’re only trans for perverse reasons and that we aren’t actually the gender we say we are. Trans is short for transgender or transexual (where sex refers to gender. Just an older version of transgender that most people don’t use anymore) NOT transvestite.
larlzo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAnwEzch,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-04T18:27:02.834+0000) > > That *is* digitally signing a binding contract. > > ...as for the rest, you might want to brush up on the boards ToS that you also agreed to so you don't accidentally lose rights here a well. did i say something to offend you?
> [{quoted}](name=larlzo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAnwEzch,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-04T18:28:29.858+0000) > > did i say something to offend you? Don’t call trans people transvestites.
: Encouraging self harm is punishable...
I’m assuming they’re talking about cutting oneself or similar things. Self harm is a common term used for destructive actions taken by a person with a mental disorder or in a destructive place. The word choice is awkward because when taken out of context it can be applied to anything but I seriously doubt it’s meant to be taken that way (unless they’d consider it a euphemism. I vaguely think I’ve heard of someone get banned for the phrase kiss yourself for example?).
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=alaasd12,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IJG4OajW,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-03T08:04:21.475+0000) > > i said the c word there lol guess fourm has it censored cause on my post it is not wow didn't know "%%%%" gets the percentage treatment. Usually only racist and homophobic swearwords get treated like that. O well, guess it's another USA thing. I wonder if "dick" get's censored too. Edit: apparently it doesn't get censored, interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IJG4OajW,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T08:08:35.414+0000) > > wow didn't know "%%%%" gets the percentage treatment. Usually only racist and homophobic swearwords get treated like that. > O well, guess it's another USA thing. > I wonder if "dick" get's censored too. > Edit: apparently it doesn't get censored, interesting. Shrugs could be about connotations. I know it’s not the same everywhere, but that word has a much harsher sentiment in the US while dick is pretty tame. That could be why just a guess.
: why would you never leave lane? Even if you wanted to upgrade the item, in a SOLO LANE since the carry left, WOULDN'T YOU RATHER GO FOR SHEEN AND BOOTS? Ezreal would consistently not be in another lane, so the support item would be next to useless, especially for the farm he would have to give up while the carry is not present to get the reward, it would take a minimum of seven and a half minutes of ignoring minions)now if we change that into a team fight or roaming, it would take 15 minutes of combat because you can only proc it 3x per 30 seconds for a max of 60 gold per minute you then also have to factor in that the opposing TWO LANERS are not going to abandon the lane just because the marksman did, so you won't be passively farming it against the tower either I'll look at the replay if I can find it, actually, where is it? their CS is almost even overall, but their laning phase seems to have gone well with the kill advantage lost. I don't have enough information, but it looks like the evelynn was a large part of the problem for that match
I'm talking about after laning phase when people start leaving lane and team fighting. You can farm regularly in a 1v2 and then get your extra gold AFTER laning phase ends. If you never left lane and never joined fights, you wouldn't get the extra procs on your spell theifs. I literally never said he shouldn't build other items which is why I said to only go for the 450 upgrade. The sheen and boots wouldn't even be first items for this ezreal since he rushes Manamune every game. In the jinx game he doesn't get a sheen until 17 minutes and boots until 20 (I believe he gets the free boots from runes at least). 450 gold is an incredibly small investment in a 40 minute game especially since support items are designed to be cheap and efficient. We're gonna differ on this though so it doesn't really matter. The replay can be found in client by searching his name and downloading the game from match history. The evelynn was a part of the loss but the MF was also put incredibly behind by the ezreal constantly csing. He also stood way behind her, applying practically no pressure, allowing for the enemy pyke and kog to freely harass and kill the MF repeatedly in laning phase. He didn't even use exhaust to try and save her during laning phase. Still, they were getting kills which should have meant that MF was ahead of kog but instead kog was consistently ahead of her in both gold and cs. Ezreal was also consistently ahead of her in gold and cs throughout the game. Klepto makes up a portion of this obviously but there isn't really a reason he should be actively taking so much cs when he took spell thiefs. I'm not judging the game by win or loss, simply looking at his interactions with his teammates and how this could have led to valid reports or bans (or invalid reports/bans). I haven't watched the jinx game yet because I've been busy so I can't comment on the specifics of that one. If jinx just tilted because of the off-meta support, then that obviously wouldn't be the ezreal's fault in my mind. Supporting her tilting from minute one would be like supporting someone who runs it down mid just for getting a gragas jg or a player they don't like. The cs part just irked me because of the op consistently lying when confronted about his csing in BOTH games, which included the MF one.
: > [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T00:49:26.440+0000) > > {{item:3312}} {{item:3303}} {{item:3098}} > > they're still there and were added in season 7. The item used to just put out a snowball that did 50 damage and slowed I know what the item is because I used to use it all the time. That final upgrade is no longer available on summoners rift though. The only final upgrade available for support items on that map is remnant of the watchers which is a sight stone.
The main upgrade actually has a lot of worth. It gives more stats and wards and doesn’t cost that much to upgrade. Supports that want to prioritize damage don’t have to rush that final upgrade though. They can just sit on th second stage. Cutlass is good stats wise and helps with kiting but not really the best for supports. That’s why supports often pick up the ghosts item which has the same active as old frost queens as well as passive movement speed (if I’m remembering right).
: 2 gold per 10 seconds = 12 gold per minute, 1800(cost of upgrading to queen) / 12(gold per minute) = 150 minutes = 2.5 hours and at standard faming rates, you have no time to proc the passive again, I commented that since their marksman abandoned the lane, it is more efficient to farm the minions while alone, especially with ezreal's ability to farm safely
I feel like you’re ignoring that I’ve never said to get that fully upgraded Frost queens item because it’s no longer in the game. I never said to fully upgrade to watchers either. Just that he should be spending the 450 to get the first upgrade. And the only time it would take 40 minutes to finish the quest is if he constantly farms, never leaves lane to help with team fights, and never waits to auto towers. He also never upgraded the item in the MF game. MF never left lane like in the jinx game so it indicated a pattern of him not upgrading the item which is why I made the original comment. Though now that I watched the replay, I understand why he didn’t upgrade. The OP was consistently csing, even using a minion dematerializer, while MF was in lane and trying to farm. She was essentially fighting him for farm and he would q minions that she was mid auto for, meaning his spell thief was never getting gold when he did harass. In which case he shouldn’t buy the item in the first place if he had no intention of using the passive in a 2v2 lane.
: it is very rare to use it in a lane that is not support. the passive is disabled after killing any minion. They added this when mid laners started taking it as it was insanely gold efficient in order for it to pay for itself on a standard laner now, you would have to wait over 2 hours you can use your lane gold to get it to frost queen, but you would miss out on every power spike to do so and be behind by the same amount of gold you used to purchase it...
Once the quest is completed, the passive no longer disables after killing a minion. It's incredibly off meta to take it out of support, but it does happen and is often paired with kleptomancy. Since this whole post was about an off meta pick, I figured I would mention that it does happen. Even if you took it on a standard laner while farming, it would take 40 minutes not two hours because of the passive gold. But the item upgrade is still cheap, gives mana regen, ap, cdr, and free passive gold and you do run into opportunities to proc it on towers or during teamfights (since you move away from farming) meaning you'll get the quest done a LOT faster than 40 minutes. IDK why you're commenting so much at me in particular when I was literally only trying to give helpful advice since I noticed OP had games where they never upgraded the item or waited til end game even if their laner didn't abandon them. They even admitted to doing this themselves. I wasn't saying they should be punished for it like other people are.
: {{item:3312}} {{item:3303}} {{item:3098}} they're still there and were added in season 7. The item used to just put out a snowball that did 50 damage and slowed
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T00:49:26.440+0000) > > {{item:3312}} {{item:3303}} {{item:3098}} > > they're still there and were added in season 7. The item used to just put out a snowball that did 50 damage and slowed I know what the item is because I used to use it all the time. That final upgrade is no longer available on summoners rift though. The only final upgrade available for support items on that map is remnant of the watchers which is a sight stone.
: > [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=0006000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:08:18.433+0000) > > Wait correct me if I’m wrong because I’m confused what you’re trying to say- but are you saying that Riot shouldn’t give her a girlfriend because then straight guys can’t fantasize about being with her? Because a single line about her having a girl friend back home isn’t in your face or SJW or anything. I mean Xayah/Rakan’s entire character is the girlfriend/boyfriend champions but I never see people say that’s too in anyone’s fave. 1.) You're wrong 2.) Plenty of people have problems with Xayah and Rakan's PDA 3.) I don't give a damn about straight male fantasies. There's a difference between "I'm gay" and "I AM GAY". The difference is that one just notes it as a fact. The other will throw it in everybody's face cause that is how they are. The best non-sexual example I can make is a Liberal vs. Conservative. There's a difference between "Yeah. I think women should be allowed to make their own choices and whatnot" vs... "FUCK YOU FOR THINKING YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND THEY CAN ABORT IF THEY CHOOSE!" One is calm about it. The other is so huge that it blares at to the point of being obnoxious. Neeko is not obnoxious. Neeko is good. I like Neeko.
? That’s why I was asking for clarification because I had a feeling I was misreading what you wrote. Chill. Adding in a single line about Neeko having a confirmed girlfriend wouldn’t be obnoxious (which is all I was asking for).
: upgrading the support item is best when you're on a support's budget. He had a lane entirely to himself to farm because his marksman decided to impose on top lane as a "pseudo support" vision can also be completely provided by the trinkets, which most players tend to forget about
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-27T03:20:03.613+0000) > > upgrading the support item is best when you're on a support's budget. He had a lane entirely to himself to farm because his marksman decided to impose on top lane as a "pseudo support" > > vision can also be completely provided by the trinkets, which most players tend to forget about No... upgrading the item is good on any budget. There are people who grab support item even when not supporting and they still upgrade it. It offers MORE wards, MORE gold, and MORE stats for only 450 gold. The item literally pays for itself and more.
: technically, as the challenger player pointed out, you can have the same level of effectiveness once you get frost queen's claim. the ghosts also attempt to reveal any champion with 4500 range
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T03:37:21.740+0000) > > technically, as the challenger player pointed out, you can have the same level of effectiveness once you get frost queen's claim. the ghosts also attempt to reveal any champion with 4500 range No. This would be true if this was a couple seasons ago but that item is no longer in the game. He would have to buy ghosts which he doesn’t. And that old item was still an upgraded support item.
: ok... im starting to have doubts on how inters are detected now.
Hmm well it’s sort of a holiday I’m the US right now so manual review might be a bit slower right now? I’d definitely send in a support ticket because this is inexcusable.
: > As a genuine tip, upgrading the support item is a good idea in any game. I fully agree with this statement if you change the wording from any to most. I would even be willing to define out most as 95%+ Too often in League of Legends people deal in absolutes. It should be okay to do alternate things based upon the situation. > Vision is super important, especially in a 1v2 lane or even in a 2v2 where you’re pushed to tower and behind. Warding tri can warn you of potential dives for example, allowing you to back off of turret. After landing phase, good vision can straight up win a game. Your trinket provides a lot of vision. Sure, I would rather have more vision than less vision in majority of circumstances. But, when you're in a 1v2 lane when you can accumulate cs you're often handicapping yourself(thus your team) by upgrading your support item especially if it's too early.
Except upgrading the support item only costs 450 gold, gives you extra mana regen to help farm, and will passively stack faster. Once you complete the quest, you get free wards and can continue to farm without worrying about csing stopping you from proccing frostfang. Even if you are behind and feel the need to wait to upgrade it, there’s no reason to go the whole game without doing so. The wards from frostfang can be spammed out meaning you cover more ground faster instead of waiting on trinket cooldown. Then you can upgrafe trinket to sweeper to deny vision or blue for safer vision or just keep yellow for back up wards. Doing this only costs 450 gold which is almost nothing, especially since you take klepto. Vision is important in EVERY game.
: thanks! do you think me explaining the use is worth the effort or nah
> [{quoted}](name=clearhornet,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uEx9Bij0,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-26T03:48:28.374+0000) > > thanks! do you think me explaining the use is worth the effort or nah The reasoning behind it won’t matter. Since you got reported, clearly not everybody in the game consented to hearing that kind of language.
: > Buying a Support Item, and then refused to upgrade the item in BOTH of your linked games which resulted in not granting your team any vision. That's another small tip of what got you banned for not playing Support properly. I agree and I would like to upgrade my support item in as many games as I can. But, should I reduce the chances of our team winning and purchase an item that isn't going to be as useful for our team in a specific game just to avoid the potential of getting banned?
As a genuine tip, upgrading the support item is a good idea in any game. Vision is super important, especially in a 1v2 lane or even in a 2v2 where you’re pushed to tower and behind. Warding tri can warn you of potential dives for example, allowing you to back off of turret. After landing phase, good vision can straight up win a game.
AriyAx (NA)
: Does riot actually punish int feeders?
They do and you can even find threads on this board of people complaining about being banned for int feeding. It just takes longer and often involves manual review to make sure the feeding was actually intentional and not just a bad game. These bans are also harsher than regular chat toxicity.
: Being negative/demeaning to your team is actually considered more toxic by the punishment system than slurs AFAIK.
> [{quoted}](name=TheWizardM,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sXn4O1BE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T22:18:12.942+0000) > > Being negative/demeaning to your team is actually considered more toxic by the punishment system than slurs AFAIK. Nah slurs are zero tolerance and result in an escalated punishmen. Someone negative with no previous punishments will get a chat restriction. Someone who says slurs with no previous punishments will receive a 14 day ban.
: > [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=00060000000000020000,timestamp=2018-11-20T15:35:55.525+0000) > > What do you mean by non mentally? Do you mean the players sexualities her or the character herself? I’m pretty sure could get sexualized without being confirmed a lesbian so I’m confused. > > Oh I didn’t mean I wanted Riot to turn her into THE LESBIAN. I just meant a single line her lore of having a girl friend or something like that would be nice. I guess the best example I can give would be Miss Fortune lore wise. You know how her being the ditzy babe is part of a ruse she does? Imagine that being her official mindset where everything in her head is a pick up line or mentally leads to a specific direction. Yeah, it's just a performance to trick people and get waht she wants, but if the brain only cares about what it is sexually, you get people that only care about that end of their identity. For straight people (typically male) it's an inscrupulous self-indulged need to flirt and see how far they can get with a female as if that is all that matters. And when it comes to gay guys (I am talking from the perspective of a metro-sexual who befriended a 18 yr old homosexual coworker), if they identity is based purely around them being gay (cause their is a difference between "I'm gay" and "I *AM* gay". But yeah. A single line or subtle nod, even if you can tell by typical demeanor or responses like she does now is fine. And I feel that due to how volatile people like to get with "SJW" and things of that nature, literally tacking on the matter of fact tone of, "Well, yeah, duh," is way better than saying straight out, "She has a girlfriend" or "shuns men" in an overt text. Mostly for a champion. For minor characters like the boy Janna comforted or the War Mason(whose name I can never remember), it works more easily cause it never registers as "in your face" since the character in an of itself isn't the whole product. Neeko is the whole product. Do...you get what I mean? I am not the best at being "concise"
Wait correct me if I’m wrong because I’m confused what you’re trying to say- but are you saying that Riot shouldn’t give her a girlfriend because then straight guys can’t fantasize about being with her? Because a single line about her having a girl friend back home isn’t in your face or SJW or anything. I mean Xayah/Rakan’s entire character is the girlfriend/boyfriend champions but I never see people say that’s too in anyone’s fave.
: Even if there is no instant feedback message ?
> [{quoted}](name=Max of Gotham,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EaQ57XsA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T18:50:49.655+0000) > > Even if there is no instant feedback message ? That message is designed to only show sometimes. Most of the time, you won’t get it even if the report works.
: Is it ok to be toxic after the rewards are distrbuted?
So long as you report them, they will get punished for it.
Cdore (NA)
: Chiming in, but I know gay people in college who prefer queer, so you might want to work that out with the community and come to a consensus on what's offensive and not. I give people respect, but it's becoming increasingly hard to please all gay people as one wants to be called one thing and others another. It gets worse when they are gay and trans, and let me tell you, it's like walking on nails. Cause then one accepts "they", but then another thinks its deragatory. You see what I mean? So there's no way a person will know what word offends you or not. You're placing too much onus on him instead of accepting that he was probably informed to use queer by another gay person.
I know gay people who like that word too. I’m not asking to be catered to. It’s a slur that many people in our community have trauma related to and slur reclamation is personal and can only be done on the individual level. All I’m asking is for people to refer to us as LGBT when talking about our community as a whole as it’s safer and doesn’t force a slur on people who haven’t reclaimed it. Asking for people to be considerate of that is different from asking to be catered to, especially since it is a slur. Pronouns are completely different. Some trans people don’t like to be called “they” because it doesn’t properly reflect that persons gender and can be used to misgender (if said trans person has repeatedly told someone they use s/he and the person intentionally doesn’t for example). Pronouns on an individual level don’t extend to talking about an entire group of people. You don’t reclaim pronouns.
: > [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T04:50:57.662+0000) > > As for Neeko, her being confirmed is great. The only way this could have been done better is if the announcement was more public instead of a tweet that would have gone completely unnoticed if others didn't share it. EDIT SAW HER WONDERFUL VOICE LINES ALL SHE NEEDS IS A CONFIRMED GF I personally think that it being tossed in a psuedo callous or "oh and fyi, I guess" is probably better overall. The reason why is that it was stated like a random tidbit someone would say to redirect someone or just randomly mention. If Rito openly said in forum with her description as such, then she would be advertised as THE LESBIAN which would make the sexuality of a non-mentally hypersexualized character...well, yeah. I think the way it was mentioned helped keep it from inciting a knee-jerk response. And when it comes to the internet, a knee-jerk response will decide the overall tone more than one that has been properly discerned from observation for a good long while.
What do you mean by non mentally? Do you mean the players sexualities her or the character herself? I’m pretty sure could get sexualized without being confirmed a lesbian so I’m confused. Oh I didn’t mean I wanted Riot to turn her into THE LESBIAN. I just meant a single line her lore of having a girl friend or something like that would be nice.
: Call me whatever the f*** you want but isn't this about politics? Aka one of the things we are not allowed to talk about on boards?
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=000600000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T07:19:21.779+0000) > > Call me whatever the f*** you want but isn't this about politics? Aka one of the things we are not allowed to talk about on boards? Why reply to me? The whole thread Could technically be considered politics. All I said was that the confirmation is good because there’s no other way to really get lesbian representation because she’s otherwise be assumed straight. That’s not politics it’s just how things are. Edit sorry on mobile so replies got weird. I guess my comments after on actual laws and stuff could be considered too political so I’ll lay off on those.
: I assumed the game would save all logs that were considered "legitimate" reports. Isn't that how it works? Regardless, I'm sure somebody could dig deep and find some reason to give me a suspension. Nearly everybody I know could have that done to them if you look through enough games. Everybody has bad moments. Even then how likely is this a false positive compared to the system just happening to fail in every possible way to provide me with relevant chat logs when it doesn't do that for other people and that's its one function? That whole thing aside, my issue is that my comments about the baron call, and legitimately asking what our win condition was, should not even be considered toxic behavior. The one game punishment is also highly discouraging but the fact it is supported by some super stretched 'slippery slope' logic on some of what I said is really really sketchy. How can people be expected to feel safe trying to shotcall and organize a match when somebody could get offended by the idea that you dared doubt them, report you, and successfully get you punished? It's making me have a hard time trusting the system.
I absolutely agree which is why I was telling you to try Riot support again as that’s unfortunately all you can do. I feel like it’s either an error in the system wrongly punishing you or not recording enough. That’s why I suggested looking up reports. If you haven’t received other legitimat reports then that should show and perhaps you can find a sympathetic rioter to remove the punishment.
: One of my earlier comments was asking if it was just the one game that got me punished. That wasn't answered, so I can only assume it was. When they provided me with my own chat logs, be it through the rioter themself, the client, or blitzcrank bot, only one match was showing up.
> [{quoted}](name=Grau,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dL9pF3W1,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-20T06:25:19.076+0000) > > One of my earlier comments was asking if it was just the one game that got me punished. That wasn't answered, so I can only assume it was. > When they provided me with my own chat logs, be it through the rioter themself, the client, or blitzcrank bot, only one match was showing up. Hmm maybe ask again? That’s all I can suggest unfortunately. The only other thing I can think of is that you’ve received consistently enough reports but the bot only saved logs from that one game so that’s all the rioters saw. Maybe also ask if they can tell you about your report history?
: An issue I have with my recent, first ever punishment.
I think it’s strange to be punished for a single game of mild negativity. Sure, giving up is against the rules but mild negativity usually requires multiple games worth of reports to be punishable. Have you tried asking via ticket or live chat if there were other games that weren’t showing up for some reason?
: I'll mostly respond to what you said in the last half. When I said they're not created I meant they're not created at large, and without backlash. Japan, in particular, is fairly anti lgbtq+. As for being fully accepted, you're right. It certainly isn't everywhere, but it's far more than it used to be. In my admittedly limited experience, I've never been at a job where it was legal to discriminate against hiring lgbtq+, in fact, it was usually encouraged for them to be hired in lieu of anybody else (Certain cities in Montana are very liberal, in spite of the reputation the state has at large). As for the rest, I can only sympathize with you in regards to the protesters. I've faced resistance for my own personal beliefs and I understand what that at least feels like. And I do appreciate what you're saying. Since again, I've encountered more hostile resistance in the past.
Yea, I'm grateful things are better. I just try to remind people that discrimination still happens everywhere because I often see people say that, since marriage is legal here, we're done fighting for LGBT rights. I've heard plenty of stories from people in my community. Though it's late so I can't remember where it happened exactly but I know a teacher who got fired because she let slip she had a wife and her student told her parent.... who brought it to the pta.... who then got the teacher fired for talking about inappropriate things in front of students. And it's super disheartening and often harmful because it means anti LGBT bills or court rulings get to fall through the cracks.
Cetri (NA)
: Haha, yeah I was worried they were just going to go the "gals being pals" route for a bit there, too. Glad they decided to be less ambiguous in the VO.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T05:05:11.184+0000) > > Haha, yeah I was worried they were just going to go the "gals being pals" route for a bit there, too. Glad they decided to be less ambiguous in the VO. We have a confirmed crush so we're halfway there!
: I appreciate that you understand my intent, and as much as I'm willing to not use queer, I didn't see an issue with it as I've heard others use it in similar if not in more disconcerting ways. Including a couple of gay people I've met and am friends with. Not to sidestep the issue, but I apologize. For me, it's more about the intent than the actual language used, and I can have trouble with that sort of thing at times. I mainly think the reason it's not more clear in the lore is part of the last point I brought up, where in other countries it's less acceptable to be gay, and being a business selling its products internationally, riot does have to be concerned about cultural sensitivities. I also outlined how they could do it and make more of an impact potentially, but again, it seems to be avoiding consumer outrage or forbidding the game from being playable elsewhere, as similar issues have come up with karthus and graves in the past. And I'd say that the best way to answer for the predatory caricatures that are lgbtq+, is to remember that although they were more harmful back when they were more prominent. We're in a day and age in every English speaking country where it is acceptable. Even encouraged in some states and social circles. Not to demean you or put down anything you say, as people like you are the people whose opinions I'm looking for, but I would ask that you not be disheartened by people who don't understand that. I've found it can really weigh on you over time.
It's fine. I brought it up nicely because I know it has become a trend to use that word as an umbrella term so much that people often forget that it's still used to harm people. Oh I understand hiding it and why it was done. I lament more out of disappointment. At some point companies need to start taking more of a stand and proudly supporting us even at the risk of backlash (though I understand why companies shy away from that). It's disheartening to see companies feel they have to cater to homophobia by not showing us more prominently. I point these things out for a reason. It needs to be said that people who make those arguments, people who spread stereotypes, etc are wrong and that supporting these ideas is harmful.
Cetri (NA)
: ...It is explicitly in her lore? She has several lines flirting with some lady champs (she even asks Shyv if she wants to get lunch sometime). And though it's not explicitly said in the story, I got the definite vibe there was _something_ between her and Nidalee on my first read, which was later confirmed in another tweet to be an unrequited crush.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T04:57:51.285+0000) > > ...It is explicitly in her lore? She has several lines flirting with some lady champs (she even asks Shyv if she wants to get lunch sometime). And though it's not explicitly said in the story, I got the definite vibe there was _something_ between her and Nidalee on my first read, which was later confirmed in another tweet to be an unrequited crush. Ooo my bad I think I listened to the wrong video so I missed those lines! As for the lore, I was just disappointed they kept up with calling nidalee just a friend (though I agree I'm happy about that tweet).
: Well, I understand most of this, however, my concerns were purely with the way it was done. As I think if it were done improperly, it could reflect poorly on the communities that do value representation. And I'd argue that most depictions of queer characters are not portrayed in a negative light so much as they used to be.
> [{quoted}](name=100greenmen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-20T04:32:07.148+0000) > > Well, I understand most of this, however, my concerns were purely with the way it was done. As I think if it were done improperly, it could reflect poorly on the communities that do value representation. And I'd argue that most depictions of queer characters are not portrayed in a negative light so much as they used to be. I know you're well meaning but please don't use queer as an umbrella term. It's a slur that's still being used violently today and it's reclamation is deeply personal and can only be done on an individual level, not as a group. Using it as an umbrella term makes assumptions about people's reclamation and often forces a slur on those who don't want it. For reference, I'm both bi and trans and am deeply uncomfortable with being called that, especially as an umbrella term because I know plenty of others who share my sentiments. As for Neeko, her being confirmed is great. The only way this could have been done better is if the announcement was more public instead of a tweet that would have gone completely unnoticed if others didn't share it. EDIT SAW HER WONDERFUL VOICE LINES ALL SHE NEEDS IS A CONFIRMED GF Also while a discussion is well meaning, more often than not, wording it like that often ends up with a bunch of non LGBT people saying that confirming her identity is "unnecessary" and an annoyance that takes away from her character. Which is super disheartening, especially considering these same people don't say these same things when predatory caricatures are confirmed to be LGBT. Discussion can be good but it's difficult to have when instead of discussing how to improve it people often use the topic to discuss how to take it away.
: The sentence "Neeko *does* like female champions more than male champions. Neeko identifies as a lesbian." contradicts itself, kinda, even if she "identifies as lesbian", the words "more than" means that she likes males as well. So, she should be Bisexual, specially considering that she can be a male and a female.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AcJaArhA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-19T22:43:38.152+0000) > > The sentence "Neeko *does* like female champions more than male champions. Neeko identifies as a lesbian." contradicts itself, kinda, even if she "identifies as lesbian", the words "more than" means that she likes males as well. So, she should be Bisexual, specially considering that she can be a male and a female. No. The phrase "more than" simply means "more than". Liking women 100% and liking men 0% means that a person likes women "more than" men. Also that's.... literally not how bisexual works. Bisexual is being ATTRACTED to all genders. Not being attracted to a single gender while being capable of being multiple genders. Though that part doesn't even matter considering her taking the shape of a male character doesn't suddenly make her a guy. If she's a lesbian that means she never considers herself a guy.
: Neeko is a lesbian: Let's please calmly discuss it.
What do you mean discuss? It's great that she's a lesbian! Sexuality and gender identities that lack proper representation NEED to be confirmed or else it's not representation. If it's not out right stated, people assume straight and cis gendered. The only way to get representation to groups that are marginalized and under represented is to confirm it out right. Identities are super important to marginalized groups and supporting them with representation is super important especially since a lot of representation paints LGBT people as evil predators. Her character isn't even based on her sexuality. It's just something she also happens to be.
Minidz (NA)
: (Repost) Was my ban justified?
The issue comes from knowing if a slur is reclaimed requires context from all parties. You might know you can reclaim it and use it in a friendly manner but your allies and enemies might not. And Riot can’t guarantee that situation so, to avoid the racist usage, it’s a zero tolerance word. So strangers who don’t consent can report you for it. The system isn’t perfect but it’s didficult to cover niche cases of reclamation while also protecting others from racist usage.
rujitra (NA)
: Appears to likely be racism against Asians, likely specifications Chinese.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4ywdKQK3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T22:18:09.351+0000) > > Appears to likely be racism against Asians, likely specifications Chinese. I figured but it was so long. I guess they must have just extended a word or something.
: Unfair ban.
What’s the “%%%%%%%%%” part say?
: I don't think this warrants a 14 Day Suspension
I mean... that’s not just a bad word it’s a homophobic slur with a history of dehumanizing violence that is still used to hurt people today. The only safe usage of the word is by gay men or trans women (as those were the two groups targeted by this word. Trans women for transmisogynistic reasons) who have made the decision to reclaim that word for themselves. Even then they should be respectful of other gay men or trans women who have trauma related to that word. Used by other people in other situations and yea it’s homophobic. Riot can’t reliably confirm a persons identity AND confirm consent so they don’t allow. (tho being a big company it’s more that the word is a slur so they ban it outright and don’t care for specifics since they’re hard to determine/easy to lie about/not easy to navigate nuance like that.) Also.... don’t call us homosexuals. Just call us gay.
: Your right, but at most it should have been a 25 game chat restriction. It should have been bumped up progressively. It is extremely harsh.
> [{quoted}](name=Ops23234 ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hEulRsgV,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-18T03:58:52.376+0000) > > Your right, but at most it should have been a 25 game chat restriction. It should have been bumped up progressively. It is extremely harsh. No. Telling another player to kill themselves falls under zero tolerance and earns an escalated punishment. The lowest tier for this is 14 day ban. The second and final is a perma. And you clearly recognized what you were doing was wrong considering you tried to hide what you were saying from filters.
: did you know there's a zero tolerance policy on homophobic and racial slurs? say one and it's an instant 14 day ban. that's only written in the support article targeted at people who have already been banned.
> [{quoted}](name=disregardable,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EpEjKHQw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-16T18:28:50.813+0000) > > did you know there's a zero tolerance policy on homophobic and racial slurs? say one and it's an instant 14 day ban. > > that's only written in the support article targeted at people who have already been banned. Hate speech isn’t tolerated??? Shocker... (/s)
: Just have year long chat bans then! :D
> [{quoted}](name=ı Sona ı,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NbEuvL4O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-16T15:57:22.891+0000) > > Just have year long chat bans then! :D Except Riot also found that players who couldn’t harass people in chat resorted to gameplay reported behaviors such as feeding. And they found that chat bans stopped being effective after the 25 day point.
: I agree, and that lends your hypothesis more weight than a random person's, or even my own, but as you said, you don't know. I do expect that you're right, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T15:23:07.182+0000) > > I agree, and that lends your hypothesis more weight than a random person's, or even my own, but as you said, you don't know. I do expect that you're right, though. All I said was that I don’t know their specific procedures. If they had no procedures or very few procedures, their company would have died immediately no questions asked. And we already know they have good play testing features considering they’ll test even relatively small things like a tweak to a skin or loading flair in the PBE before sending it out.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: Why Riot doesn't do permanent chat bans
With how often this gets asked we should have this pinned lol
: I entirely agree with your post, although I will say again that none of us really _know_ how much work it would be for Riot. We can _hypothesize,_ but none of us know for sure. I fully expect it would be a serious change, though. I'm aware of this. I just think it would be one that is worth doing, which I know most people disagree with.
> [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-16T15:09:39.627+0000) > > I entirely agree with your post, although I will say again that none of us really _know_ how much work it would be for Riot. We can _hypothesize,_ but none of us know for sure. > > I fully expect it would be a serious change, though. I'm aware of this. I just think it would be one that is worth doing, which I know most people disagree with. I mean, as somebody who codes and has worked in quality management, I’m not really hypothesizing. I’m telling you that even small changes require a lot of work. Sure, I don’t know Riots specific procedures, but I know that any company dealing with coding has quality management procedures.
Pryonite (NA)
: Permanent Chat Restriction
Riot used to have indefinite chat restrictions as punishments. Players could essentially get longer and longer restrictions with no limits. All that did was cause players to start competing on who could get the longest chat restriction and finding other ways to grief their team. That’s why Riot switched to the current system of 25 games being the longest chat restriction and moving on to vans after that.
: Are you saying that you think spending time on small and reasonable QOL fixes is an unworthy aim for Riot? (Not an attack, just clarifying a point of your post)
> [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T14:00:27.730+0000) > > Are you saying that you think spending time on small and reasonable QOL fixes is an unworthy aim for Riot? > > (Not an attack, just clarifying a point of your post) I believe the issue is more of how many people request a QOL change. If the majority of the player base is asking for one change and a minority is asking for another change and Riot only has enough resources to allocate to one QOL change (because of testing, more dire issues, bugs, etc), Riot is going to side with the majority. Sure, a toggle sounds easy in theory, but you also have to consider how it would interact with the rest of the client and the possible bugs of removing banners for everybody, resetting honor/masteries when used, etc which means playtesting is required and Riot needs to take possible bugs and their fixes into consideration as well. Riot having limited resources means they need to spend their time wisely.
: does riot pay you? Im not flaming? they are inting i say they are inting. am I supposed to say good job singed you built full damage while behind and died 15 times in 30 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=epIPRn8Jf0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQznge1b,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:29:14.709+0000) > > does riot pay you? Im not flaming? they are inting i say they are inting. am I supposed to say good job singed you built full damage while behind and died 15 times in 30 minutes. Repeatedly harassing the Yasuo in what appears to be mid game? starting the game by saying yas is the fall guy if anything Nd happens then following through with that? No I’m not paid by Riot. I’m just trying to help you by telling you what you can do and informing you that there were issues with your chat. If someone is feeding the best thing to do is often to say nothing. Sure that first blame yas thing can be a joke but that can be hard to read on the internet. And if you got reported there’s a good chance yas didn’t see it as a joke and felt a lot of pressure from that. A good thing to do is to reassure strangers that it’s just a joke and to not repeatedly harass him later on.
Show more

MegaLobunny

Level 61 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion