: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:31:09.962+0000) > > omg please remember the title. i think that's it. Infini is the movie I'm thinking of, hopefully also matching. Still available on Netflix (how I originally found it and recovered the name).
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:33:02.226+0000) > > Infini is the movie I'm thinking of, hopefully also matching. > > Still available on Netflix (how I originally found it and recovered the name). Thanks so much! that's it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:23:15.699+0000) > > remember the title? Trying to. Opening scene, as I recall, was soldiers going mad upon return, causing a full sterilization (aka, everything dies). Captain could not go through because the other guy who was trying to help warp him couldn't hack his clearance.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:29:40.358+0000) > > Trying to. > > Opening scene, as I recall, was soldiers going mad upon return, causing a full sterilization (aka, everything dies). Captain could not go through because the other guy who was trying to help warp him couldn't hack his clearance. omg please remember the title. i think that's it.
CLG ear (NA)
: john carpenter's ghosts of mars
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:19:47.813+0000) > > john carpenter's ghosts of mars thanks for the guess but not it.
: I know what you're talking about, I think. I saw a very similar movie on Netflix that might be it (or close to it). Did it also have to deal with a rescue of some sort?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n3wvBEJe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-09-14T18:20:04.324+0000) > > I know what you're talking about, I think. I saw a very similar movie on Netflix that might be it (or close to it). remember the title?
Rioter Comments
: Complaining about being shredded by something that can be 3 shotted all game long? Cut it out Jim. You're being ridiculous.
I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering why the disparity. Mages and marksman are squishy but the mages are rendered obsolete after 1 resistance item. Yet the marksmen can shred thru 5 armor items. Something seems off.
Rioter Comments
CFood (NA)
: Mages feel so utterly useless right now..
I agree. I get 1 MR item and I don't care about mages any more. I have 3 armor items and I'm still getting shredded by ADCs.
sobi999 (EUW)
: Riot you really need to pay attention to these after you're done with the new rune reforged system
I agree. I've been seeing 4 ADCs and a support. And they usually win. You can build armor and they'll just build anti-armor.
: Riot needs to address match quality.
Matchmaker is broken. It matches people together with the same MMR but up to 7 division difference. Nobody in their right mind thinks it's fair that a gold 3 has to lane against a platinum 2 but this happens constantly. The match outcome is pretty much determined before champion select. Riot needs to stop matching people with a flawed MMR algorithm and just use the ladder.
Xylinth (NA)
: Not in the current meta, no. He's god fucking awful right now. If you're getting bullied in the top lane, play something that's a peel tank {{champion:57}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:98}} or a something with sustain {{champion:50}} {{champion:8}}.
Thanks. I'll probably give Swain a try.
Rioter Comments
: The mmr algorithm isnt flawed it's a mathematical model based on the elo ranking system and it's widely seen as the best ranking system ever. Division system is just shiny stuff to amuse people.
<sarcasm>Oh that must be why everybody is happy with matchmaking.</sarcasm>
: Let's Talk About Melee Top Laners
I'm a plat top/jg main and every time I pick a melee top laner, it never fails that the enemy picks a range champ like lucian, vayne, or teemo.
Speedweeb (EUW)
: Riot, you have to make the MMR variance smaller when matching people!
The problem isn't MMR variance. Everybody in the game pretty much has the same MMR. The problem is the MMR algorithm. It's flawed. They need to match dvision to division.
: Enemy team made a comeback
Sounds like a good back and forth game. Those are rare these days.
: How Do I Get Out Of Low Priority Queue?
Exactly what it says. You have to play 5 matchmade games.
: I need help top lane
Thanks for the advice. Would Gangplank be a decent blind pick?
Rioter Comments
: Is it bannable to mute everything in the game? and not help jungler start blue?
Short Answer: No. Leash until 1:48. That will give you enough time to get back to lane and not lose any CS. It's possible they're not trying to make you tank. They might just be trying to pull it to the brush. But if they are trying to get you to tank, go ahead and leave.
: Ever since the 10-ban system was introduced, I have banned Lee-Sin from all of my games...
Rioter Comments
Engelin (NA)
: https://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/
https://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.playPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Top
: Daily reminder that the hardest top laner in lol
Yeah, she doesn't fall off. She's strong early and late. She's hard to catch when you're trying to kill her and hard to run away from when she's trying to kill you. She has lots off CC, DPS, and sustain with {{item:3074}} & {{item:3812}} Garen is a decent counter starting at level 3 and ending when Riven gets her lifesteal. Nasus will outscale her but she will control the minion wave early and push you in when she's ready to kill your mid. Chogath does well against her.
Qursor (NA)
: Matchmaking is fixed, mainly promos with proof
That's MMR matchmaking for ya. Riot uses an MMR algorithm (and a bad one at that) instead of just matching division.
Yenn (NA)
: If someone leaves before 5 minutes, why are we forced to wait the game out?
did the 15 minute surrender pass? I've never seen a 15 minute surrender pass. I usually have to wait until the 23 minute surrender because the 20 minute surrender doesn't pass either.
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VXGJo1QN,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-08-17T09:49:12.124+0000) > > i honestly don&#x27;t know why riot bans people for words when people have a mute button You must have a hard time tying your shoelaces...
Yes, I have a hard time tying my shoes because I think people should just mute people they don't want to listen to. Your logic is flawless.
: THIS GAME SUCKS .... I JUST GOT PERMA BANNED FOR TELLING A FEEDING NASUS AND THRESH THEY SUCK GG..
i honestly don't know why riot bans people for words when people have a mute button
: Americans don't know where is North Korea
Most people of any nation don't know where North Korea is.
: Looking for behavior coach!
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E2Y3Uhvu,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2017-08-17T04:24:28.619+0000) > > No, it&#x27;s not. It&#x27;s an algorithm Riot uses to determine your skill level. ...The MMR system assigns a numerical value to a player to estimate their skill and assign matches. Winning games raises the numerical value, and losing games lowers it. What do you think a ladder is?
I think you're mistaking LP with MMR. LP rise and fall with wins/losses. MMR is a number obtained using an algorithm.
Rioter Comments
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E2Y3Uhvu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-16T18:31:38.951+0000) > > But they match players using a flawed MMR algorithm instead of using the ladder like most games. Leaving most people scratching their heads wondering WTF is wrong with matchmaker. ...And then you realize that the MMR system IS the ladder...
No, it's not. It's an algorithm Riot uses to determine your skill level.
Subdue (NA)
: Riot Forces A 50% Win Ratio
But they match players using a flawed MMR algorithm instead of using the ladder like most games. Leaving most people scratching their heads wondering WTF is wrong with matchmaker.
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w50Jsp5A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-16T13:03:26.464+0000) > > So your plan is to let them have baron/elder? Yeah when your team is trying to defend towers and one of the opponents has tele so they could easily teleport and chip away at nexus while we fight
If you're just gonna let the enemy grab all the farm and objectives while you stay inside your base, the game is already over.
: Why do people try to contest baron/elder when you have open Nexus/inhibitors?
Ra1uga (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ujtdg10Z,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-15T23:20:45.030+0000) > > Yasuo is cancer. He has 2 passives. You can&#x27;t catch him when you&#x27;re trying to kill him and you can&#x27;t get away from him when he&#x27;s trying to kill you. {{champion:92}} would like to say hi
Yeah, Riven & Teemo are in that group but at least they don't have 2 passives.
: yall have the nerve to complain about yasuo and yet
Yasuo is cancer. He has 2 passives. You can't catch him when you're trying to kill him and you can't get away from him when he's trying to kill you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HTYKcuFx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-15T15:33:00.627+0000) > > https://images.stopgame.ru/wallpapers/892/dune_2000_long_live_the_fighters-4.jpg If I haven't played it, I can't miss it. I have a copy I bought at a thrift shop years ago, but never played it.
: Mega-List of Game Franchises I Miss / Want a Sequel For [NOSTALGIA WARNING]
https://images.stopgame.ru/wallpapers/892/dune_2000_long_live_the_fighters-4.jpg
PixPho (NA)
: What top lane champion should i buy? Bronze ELO
: I'm beginning to realize I sort of embody the "gamer girl" stereotype
I hope you're joking about the 8yo PC. If not, please text one of the nerds you friend zoned and ask him if he can build you a new PC.
Lyseth (NA)
: Most annoying passive in your opinion?
{{champion:157}} because he has 2
: It's my birthday
It is your birthday.
: NEW BANN SYSTEM
I'm all for banning grief players but I don't think players should be banned for words. If you don't like what somebody is saying, just mute them.
: How about you get better first, then come and talk about Yasuo's counterplay or balance. Seriously, how hard is for people to get "bait out the windwall, then use your big abilities"
bait out the windwall, then use your big abilities. but what's this?! he still has a shield. oh no!
: plat is how we spell bronze in diamonds and up i think
I think I read somewhere that most players are in silver 5. So maybe Riot should fix matchmaking for the majority.
: bronze play with bronze whats the issue ? i think
I'm plat 3 and most of my team are gold feeders. They don't match division with division. They match MMR which is just an arbitrary algorithm.
Rioter Comments
Proxy345 (NA)
: Do you ever eat with a serving spoon? lol
Of course! How else do you eat your serving bowl of cereal?
Show more

Michael702

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion