Rioter Comments
RallerenP (EUW)
: "Riot should just make a list of banned words" and how not to be condescending.
You can absolutely make a list of words it filters out. Then you make it a bannable offense to attempt to bypass the word filter by using misspellings or symbols or any other means. Its really not that hard, and would help. From a development standpoint, it's an easy lift.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ferrinova,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dYthZqrZ,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-12-27T01:40:50.909+0000) > > yep and if league dies i just lost 2 years of work and masterys as well as my 400 dollars i put into it. And if steam dies you lose all your games not on your hard drive... etc etc
> [{quoted}](name=artcrime2999,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dYthZqrZ,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-27T01:41:33.835+0000) > > And if steam dies you lose all your games not on your hard drive... etc etc Actually that's not quite accurate. Valve is on record saying: "In the unlikely event of the discontinuation of the Steam Network, measures are in place to ensure that all users will continue to have access to their Steam games." Thats one of the reasons that I buy all of my games via Steam (unless they are an online game like WoW or League). Valve has a good track record of sticking to their word as well. And yes, statements like this are legally binding for them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-12-24T06:47:16.725+0000) > > I mean, sucks to be the ADC? But they deserve and should get instagibbed if anyone sneezes on them. Youre building FULL DAMAGE. That means your defense is your positioning and timing. If anyone hits you with anything, you SHOULD die. In one second. No, you dont get to complain. You built full damage. If this isn't the most ignorant comment I've seen in a long time, it's right up there.
> [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-12-24T11:17:11.872+0000) > > If this isn't the most ignorant comment I've seen in a long time, it's right up there. To a point it’s not totally wrong. Before the stupid mobility creep, there was some validity to this. Now even being a screen away from some champs is barley enough.
: 6th daily of snowdown
I had better get it when I finally win on Caitlyn. Spamming the stupid Blitz for loss after stomp loss trying to get the quest done. What a trash tier mode.
Dr Dog (NA)
: shes literally ideal for how a late game adc should be rn, decent mid game bad early godly late why do they feel the need to break her
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=79nHLVQw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-10T15:05:38.619+0000) > > shes literally ideal for how a late game adc should be rn, decent mid game bad early godly late why do they feel the need to break her Because they broke the late game. It doesn't exist anymore, and most games are over by midgame.
: That Vayne PBE change
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tu2NnrYt,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-08T02:15:27.954+0000) > > Vayne > Final Hour (R) > [New] Tumble cooldown now reduced by 50% on use of Final Hour > > Yeah no i do not like Vayne with a 1 second cooldown stealth and burst thank you. It's less of an end game buff than you might think. Once you get closer to endgame it's actually a DPS hit for a Vayne to use tumble in a fight. You get more damage off when you are able to stand still and auto attack. This is more of a survival and mobility buff. It is a mid game buff to damage though.
: Riot has got some explaining to do
I think Nexus Blitz is trash now. Who thought duels were a good idea? It's sure fun as an ADC having auto loss matches against a Jax/Zed/Yas/2ShotNoSkill champ in a ring where I can't use my team or kite. "Fun". This mode was fun last year, but it's beyond horrible this year. Every single game I have been in is a one sided snowball with zero chance of a comeback. The new events are stupid and interrupt the flow. And ADCs are again worthless.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Lazy Grandpa,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pNHsabiA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-18T14:04:29.076+0000) > > cry me a river, just press skip results, or press play again. or better yet. just don't read it. of all the stupid shit to whine over man. Ya, kiddie tweens like this are the reason we want mutes to work everywhere.
: I'd like to know. I think the Surrender vote is probably one of the ugly stepchildren of League that Riot doesn't turn enough attention to. Like how ARURF should have a fucking full surrender at 10 minutes instead of a unanimous at 15 and full at 20. Games are pretty much over by 15mins.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9TWKgGN7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-05T19:38:45.032+0000) > > I'd like to know. I think the Surrender vote is probably one of the ugly stepchildren of League that Riot doesn't turn enough attention to. Like how ARURF should have a fucking full surrender at 10 minutes instead of a unanimous at 15 and full at 20. Games are pretty much over by 15mins. Hell at this point normal rift games are often over before 15 minutes. I have had URF games that were simply unwinnable by 5.
: [ARURF] Ban or adjust Tryndamere and Garen
As much as it’s silly to ask for balance in URF, nerf Karthas. Last night he got far enough ahead that his ult was literally one shotting me. It was dealing almost 2k damage, before I was was even on 3 items. On about a 30 second cooldown... He literally spent every part of the game after laning sitting on their spawn casting his ultimate on cooldown. And did almost 90k damage. Easily 3x the next highest person in the game. There is no counter play to that.
: if the game is 25 to 4 and enemy is in your base by 20 mins, yeah its time to give up if a extremely high win rate champion is 8/0 by 20 mins it "maybe" time to give up if you are 0/2 but the team is up in kills and towers and dragons its not time to give up, its time for you to start playing more and complaining less tl;dr. its one thing if whole team is far behind, another if you are salty because you played bad and blame others
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheSideKick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UgWXshMm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-28T12:14:41.453+0000) > > if the game is 25 to 4 and enemy is in your base by 20 mins, yeah its time to give up > > if a extremely high win rate champion is 8/0 by 20 mins it "maybe" time to give up > > if you are 0/2 but the team is up in kills and towers and dragons its not time to give up, its time for you to start playing more and complaining less > > tl;dr. its one thing if whole team is far behind, another if you are salty because you played bad and blame others Depends on the team too, and I don't mean team comp. If the enemy team is up in kills and turrets but running around at random doing garbage time fights, then you have a much better chance at a comeback. If they are way out rotating you and focusing on objectives, you probably won't come back.
: "HEHE ADC 2K17"
Mandatory or not, it sure as hell isn't fun to get 2 shot in your own backline at the start of every team fight by a hyper mobile diver that also gets a free escape because of the mobility creep in the game. Sure I bet the role is just swell if you have a team with a proper comp and teammates that know how to peel, but down here in Silver those are things we can only dream about.
: Missions should only apply to normals
As someone who saw first hand what adding some of the Battleground achievements to WoW did, this is a bad idea. You do not want things that alter the way people play the game, because people who are trying to achieve them will get groups and manipulate games to do it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Big Lincoln,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k018AFNh,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-04-11T00:13:23.761+0000) > > because i like to talk shit on a video game ?_? > > it's fun, salt is part of the experience There's no greater joy than getting people's accounts banned, especially when they've spent hundreds of dollars or more on them though. You're strictly little league compared to my level of salt-basking tbh. You say ggez to make people butthurt in post champ select. I say nothing most of the game but am constantly on the lookout for the most minor of infractions, and will report anyone who commits any, on my team or not. And my dick breaks my desk in half whenever I get that little message from Rito that I got someone punished. Look upon my works and despair.
> [{quoted}](name=PermabannedGaren,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k018AFNh,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2017-04-11T00:31:28.196+0000) And my dick breaks my desk in half whenever I get that little message from Rito that I got someone punished. > > Look upon my works and despair. This post is full of win. You get to be forum king for the day.
Zellboy (NA)
: Rioter for 1,000th normal win?
Very cool. Wish I had remembered to do this for my 1k Win.
Kr1sys (NA)
: Protip: If you're an ADC your positioning is never in front of everyone on your team
What's a front line? My teams are all 4 damage dealers and a damage dealing support. I am pretty much on my own for self peel as my teams "full AD Lee Sin" goes diving away to chase kills anyway, so it doesn't matter where I stand.
: give caitlyn's traps the azir treatment
As someone who plays a lot of Cait, this is actually a good idea. I don't like that you can hide traps behind a tower either, that needs an interface change. They should show through in an obvious way.
: PSA: If you get auto filled to a role you don't want, ask if people would be willing to trade
It actually does work more than you would expect. I really can't do anything other than ADC and Mid (and mid poorly), and I am already bad enough at League that I don't want to spread myself even thinner learning more roles.
: You can tell who is an old school player and who isn't by how much they hate autofill
I am fairly old school, and I despise auto fill. I never played ranked because I don't want to "learn every role". There is a reason that LCS players don't just pick a random role each game, and these are the people who play it for a living. It's hard enough to get good at one role, and understand it's matchups. I simply don't want to learn more roles, I am bad enough at the one I play. I am willing to wait longer for games to play the role I want.
TBakes (NA)
: Huni on SKT
Just watched the video of the CEO of Immortals making the announcement. They had just signed Huni to a 2 year contract, and 3 days later SKT approached Huni. They let Huni out of his contract so he could go after his dream of playing on SKT. The character behind that is amazing, and props to Immortals for making that hard unselfish choice. Good luck to Huni, and IMT. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAUnu8AK9V0&t=43s
: Bruisers/fighters have been divided into two categories. **Juggernauts:** Slow moving, large health pool, become perpetually more dangerous the longer in combat. {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:2}} **Divers:** Middle ground between assassin and fighter. The ability to swiftly charge into a fight and/or single out a target, windowed defense to survive the dive {{champion:266}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:62}} (and soon Camille)
> [{quoted}](name=kitcat300,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I7eiAv0M,comment-id=001f0000,timestamp=2016-12-03T19:31:08.640+0000) > > Bruisers/fighters have been divided into two categories. > > **Juggernauts:** Slow moving, large health pool, become perpetually more dangerous the longer in combat. > {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:2}} > > **Divers:** Middle ground between assassin and fighter. The ability to swiftly charge into a fight and/or single out a target, windowed defense to survive the dive > {{champion:266}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:62}} (and soon Camille) Super interesting. It's all stuff I knew, but never really took the time to think about. As someone who mains ADC (and Vayne), I look at that first row and know I can kill most of them easily unless they are super ultra fed and I am not. But I look at that bottom row and see my death in every square.
6Sfool (NA)
: ...And why don't you enjoy the other roles? Did you just join League because you heard about its awesome top lane, and the others are just fluff? Learn the other lanes, you just might like them. I honestly hated support when I first started out, but that's because I got put with supports that didn't fit my playstyle. Now I'm a fill main. I will admit that the system needs some tweaks to make people get their preference more often, and to reduce the chance of first-timers facing one-tricks, but most of the change needed is on you to learn at least 1 champ in each role. About dodging which people have been doing quite a bit lately, lots of people are taking this time to learn new roles for the off-chance that they will get filled. There will be fewer dodges and more well-rounded players in the future, you might as well be one of them.
> [{quoted}](name=6Sfool,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GgdQYhfz,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2016-12-03T18:37:56.999+0000) > > ...And why don't you enjoy the other roles? Did you just join League because you heard about its awesome top lane, and the others are just fluff? Learn the other lanes, you just might like them. I honestly hated support when I first started out, but that's because I got put with supports that didn't fit my playstyle. Now I'm a fill main. > > I will admit that the system needs some tweaks to make people get their preference more often, and to reduce the chance of first-timers facing one-tricks, but most of the change needed is on you to learn at least 1 champ in each role. > > About dodging which people have been doing quite a bit lately, lots of people are taking this time to learn new roles for the off-chance that they will get filled. There will be fewer dodges and more well-rounded players in the future, you might as well be one of them. Because not all roles fit the play-style I am clearly best at, and that is doing damage from range. On top of the fact that it is already a LOT of work just to learn (let alone master) one role. League is a very, very deep game that is insanely competitive. After playing thousands of games as an ADC, I have a feel for how I will match up against each champ I am likely to see across from me. I know that it's fuck stupid to pick Vayne into Jinx, or Cait into Sivir. But I can't tell you how any champs match up in top, or mid.
: Here's the thing though if you get auto-filled- you get protection and get your roles next time. Also, just b/c you are auto-filled doesn't mean you can't trade someone. People dodging auto-fill is actually fucking up queues more.
> [{quoted}](name=Leon Etoile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GgdQYhfz,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2016-12-03T15:07:12.050+0000) > > Here's the thing though if you get auto-filled- you get protection and get your roles next time. Also, just b/c you are auto-filled doesn't mean you can't trade someone. > > People dodging auto-fill is actually fucking up queues more. Kinda defeats the purpose of auto fill doesn't it? Many people simply don't want to do it.
: People would rather wait than be autofilled
If I ever get auto filled to Jungle or Support I am simply going to dodge. I have no skill at those roles, no rune pages for them, and no champion pool to support it. I have no interest in getting those things either, because those are not what I want to play.
: The Definitive Difference Between a Tank and a Juggernaut.
: Hey Riot if you're gonna leave autofill permanently on
As a bonus if you are auto-filled you should have all champs unlocked for that game, and all runes. Also give bonus IP if you play (not even win, just play). Would encourage people not to dodge.
Ralanr (NA)
: Makes me wonder how people ever dealt with pick order.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEvBAUHY,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-12-02T15:14:41.969+0000) > > Makes me wonder how people ever dealt with pick order. Poorly
: THE BEST FEELING EVER after dealing with toxicity and trolling for an entire week non stop
One of the most impressive things Riot does is how much time, effort, and money they spend analyzing player behavior and trends. I love when the share it, because it's just fascinating stuff.
: When you just try to grab that cannon minion, and it costs your entire team a teamfight
Eedat (NA)
: Step back from what? Having to know **ALL** the roles like you used to?
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TZ9xcsta,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-11-23T17:16:14.718+0000) > > Step back from what? Having to know **ALL** the roles like you used to? Yes, it is a step to exactly that. Exactly as I said, a step backwards. Last season I only needed to know 2 roles.
: Considering you had to know all five roles in Seasons 1 through 5, it really isn't that much of a change. Only difference is that fewer people fight in Champion Select over their roles.
> [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TZ9xcsta,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-23T16:33:47.251+0000) > > Considering you had to know all five roles in Seasons 1 through 5, it really isn't that much of a change. > > Only difference is that fewer people fight in Champion Select over their roles. Not with Teambuilder I didn't. Nor with Dual Select. Like I said, a step backwards. So we are back to Season 1.
Rioter Comments
Gladiore (NA)
: Vayne the best assassin?
Because blowing up a single Target is all Vayne has. She has no poke or harass. Her siege skills suck. No wave clear. She is the assassin ADC, the duelist. That is her job. Her mobility is lower than most other assassins in exchange for being able to deal with tanks better and having range.
JVP15 (NA)
: It was said before, and I will say it again: Don't Remove Normal Draft
They are what?? Are they nuts? I fucking refuse to go back to having to quickly try and type what role I want into chat as the game loads, and then watching people fight over it. If anything Blind is what needs to go away. I am not going back to Blind, and I have zero interest in ranked.
: Honest Question: Is thornmail a viable item for ADCs?
You don't have enough HP to justify the damage it will return. You would do much better with another damage item in it's place
: Everybody rooting for SSG
Not to mention the Semi-Finals of SKT and ROX were amazing. So glad I got to see them in person.
: 15 minutes in, and you can already tell who wins the game.
Not to mention that SKT is a heavy favorite... SSG made a game of it.
iCRAiG (NA)
: need mid laner for ranked 5s
Faker is going to be free for a bit soon, send him a telegram!
Rioter Comments
JoroA (EUW)
: ROX what have you done.......
Was lucky enough to be there live (amazing time), and before the rift even loaded on the first MF pick I had already texted my support with "nope"
: Clubs outage Oct 2016 -- November Update!
I wish all companies talking about a mistake gave as much information as Riot does. As a developer who has also worked in IT support it's really interesting to hear the why. And from experience, it really helps customers accept it
: Worlds 2016: Semifinals Survival Guide
The staff you have working the Riftwalk is amazing. They are friendly and clearly enjoy what they are doing. I saw them constantly engaging people and making the whole thing fun. Bravo.
Nidken (OCE)
: What is the probability that every role on your team loses lane excluding yourself.
: Riftwalk
Anyone have info please?
Rioter Comments
: Does riot conduct drug tests on lcs players?
Actually it has already been proven to be necessary, because players in other esports (Counterstike in this case) were taking Adderall to reduce reaction times even further. Also given the training schedule that these teams use, I could see uppers being abused as well.
: ARURF no more fun
I agree. While I don't have a problem with it being one of the rotating modes, it is not for me and it doesn't replace URF. It amplifies the problems with both modes, it doesn't solve them. You can't ban or pick around the OPs from URF, and many games are won or lost in the totally uncontrollable champion select part just like in ARAM.
: URF ARAM is not fun
I don't have a problem with ARAM URF being one of the rotating modes, but it is just not a substitute for the classic URF.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Mike17032

Level 144 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion