Rioter Comments
: This game will never be good again?
You still seem to miss the point. It doesn't matter how balanced things were in season 2. And no I don't miss my role being stronger before or anything like that. In fact, it's likely at the strongest it's ever been, or at least very close to it. What I mean is this. The game is not nearly balanced now. And the greatest upper bound on the level of balance is less than or equal to the greatest upper bound allowed by the mobility creep's restrictions means that it's not going to get balanced unless it entirely goes into the 6th dimension or something. I'm not just saying this game is necessarily doomed to fail. But I did want ideas on how we can potentially go into the 6th dimension, if you will, rather than just going down that seemingly horrible road to nowhere like how it's currently going. Maybe some day, tanks will have skill shots for 10 mana that have a 1 second cooldown and stun for 5 seconds. And they'll provide strong aura buffs for the team just by being there. Seems op now, but eventually, it'll be like every tanks needs to have seemingly crazy strong abilities like this in order to even be relevant. So, sadly, almost every current tank seems like it's going to need to be reworked in order to be relevant eventually. And then virtually every other immobile champion that still exists. Do people have other ideas for some sort of mass reworks like making all tanks like this? I think this kind of thing is going to be needed eventually as most of the current champions are just never going to be balanced now without reworks. Edit: Wow, this post didn't parse correctly before. Fixed now.
: This game will never be good again?
The only 4 viable junglers thing was a minor detail. I'm much more worried about the way this game is heading as time approaches infinity. Yes, we'll never get there, but it's getting closer to there. Eventually it will not be a league of strategy anymore. It'll entirely be a league of outplaying. And with very few usable champions most likely. Imagine if every champion were a Kalista with a Fizz e tacked onto her kit. Now, some would argue that 5v5 with everyone being that champion would be really fun. Which, yes it appeals to some, but there's no balance to the game, that's just the best champion, and there's no more other roles, and the game is almost entirely about simply outplaying your opponents with very limited other strategies to use anymore.
Rioter Comments
: Is "Counterplay" the politically correct term for "Mobility Favoritism"?
Immobile champions won't eventually become irrelevant. They'll just eventually have like 10x the stats of the mobile champions since they'll need it in order to be competitive. Some day Sona's Q is going to do 800 + 50AP damage and we're still going to be saying better nerf Sona since she'll still be so unviable since she still can't use it without dying with all the mobility.
: Tiny Shen Buff to make him a META pick.
Some tiny buff lol. Unless your max HP is really low for a Shen this is going to be noticeably better. If you stacked health and had like 5000 he'd be so hard to kill it'd be ridiculous. Those 640 HP shields would be ridiculously hard to break through. He could even easily tank turrets, baron, etc.
Kikirino (NA)
: Does the player's gender matter to anyone?
I just refer to them by their champion's gender. Even though I know that's probably not a very accurate way of guessing the gender of the player.
: Alright, people; what do you think should be the new 120 AP item?
{{item:3113}} + {{item:1058}} + 850 gold +120 AP +10% movespeed Unique active: Gain +20% movespeed for 2 seconds. There, immobile mages are useful again.
: CertainlyT should not be allowed to make another champion
The balance of his champions has nothing to do with him. It's up to the balance team. Zed, Thresh, Yasuo, and Kalista can make LCS big plays so they're just made op by the balance team. Darius and Zyra can't so they're just nerfed to the point where no one ever uses them. It has nothing to do with who created the champion.
XuWarrior (EUW)
: Patch 5.3 and Riot still Ignoring Tanks , Evelynn ? evelynn ? and yeah let's nerf Fiddle ;)
Fiddle nerf is here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-53-notes And it's because they don't care. They only care about LCS big plays. They seem to care almost none for the rest of the game.
: I don't understand the Fiddlesticks nerf
I understand it. It's called he doesn't make LCS Big Plays so he's gotta be nerfed. J4, Lee, Vi, Rek'Sai, and Nid are the only champs allowed to be viable junglers until the LCS is over. Anyone else must be nerfed.
Gunpoint (NA)
: Ghosted Udyr with Maxed Bear Stance can't keep up with Kalista.
But it's not assassins that counter Kalista. It's point and click stuns. So if they pick a Kalista in the LCS, expect to see Annie, Lissandra, or someone with that kind of stun to pick her off picked by the other team. They are not assassins, they are just champions that shut down her mobility so the team can burst her down.
: Possible Answer to Que Dodging issues (Trolls? DC? Not paying attention?) - May help with Ranked
There kinda already is no penalty for dodging so I don't think we need a change like this. It only lowers your LP, a.k.a. your fake rating that doesn't actually do anything.
Skyrush (NA)
: Kalista is a colossal piss off.
Next champion released is going to get an free entire Kassadin ult every time he/she does an auto attack.
: Making the null magic mantle 500 gold was a bad decision
Then get specialized rune pages. The game is balanced assuming you have them anyways. If you're facing an AP, you should have more MR on your rune page.
: Turret Change Discussions and Healing in General
The shields do not seem like they are a good thing. I hate it when you should have their mid laner killed with that ignite he can't possibly survive, right? No, he uses his mobility to get to the inner turret that saves him. Oh and he can't survive that Karthus ult, right? Wrong, again, go back to that turret and live again. Also they contribute to the games being longer and harder to end than they used to be. I'd rather the games be moved back in the shorter direction. Extra mechanics to help defend like this make the games longer obviously.
Phife (NA)
: Add "Average wards placed per game" stat to your profile
People in silver ward some and people in gold actually ward a pretty good amount. Although a lot of their wards are...interestingly placed that don't seem particularly useful.
Rioter Comments
: Why do mana potions only restore 100 mana when healing potions restore 150 health?
Because mana, in the same amount does you more good than health. Figure that you can heal more than 1 health per mana spent by casting a healing spell. Now consider how useful that is and how often you want to do it. It should seem that mana pots give you about as much more usefulness as health pots do.
Tusutaki (NA)
: Buffing Certain Items (Sunfire Cape)
Still seems like it could be op to rush it on a few champions like the old sunfire cape was. I think this is too big of a buff. For someone like Mundo that could easily have 2000 hp by the time he has this, it's already as strong as the 40 power old sunfire cape was back then, which was a big part of why he used to be op. And endgame this is too much more damage than the old one did.
Kovah (NA)
: I could EASILY carry in Plat but cannot carry in silver
People will listen to you in some cases. I've found the best way to get the team to group up is to go for baron. For some reason, they'll all want a part of that, like as if it's the most valuable objective on the map to them. I carried out of silver with relative ease. I didn't realize this was the key back when I was doing it, but there is a pretty near surefire way to win most games. The trick is really good warding. Go so deep that you can just barely get out, or perhaps even die sometimes. The thing is, the enemies will chase you so often when you do this that you lead to them getting killed. Do it enough times and it wins games. It's amazing how often people will fall for this. Definitely works best when you have just barely enough health left to survive if they do come after you. So either use someone with no mobility or have lots of damage when you go for it so that they die chasing you. But just playing like how you would play in high elo when you're in silver is not really very effective at getting you out of it. Better to be 1 step ahead of everyone else so your allies can still understand what you're doing. If you're 50 steps ahead of your team, they will not understand and will not follow up on your great opportunities you've created so they'll likely just go to waste almost every time.
: So, What champions ARE fun to play against?
At this point, I simply just find it fun to play against any champion that doesn't have mobility. The way too much mobility thing now really bothers me. I hate not even being able to safely put up wards anywhere since they'll just abuse their mobility to kill me way too easily. It's like you absolutely must stick with the team now unless you have very good pressure on the map so they can't roam around almost at all.
Rioter Comments
: What about a purely defensive item that blocks an amount of damage against Ranged Basic Attacks...
So your 600 armor taric/rammus could be essentially immune to inhibitor/nexus turrets since they just deal a bunch of low damage attacks? Sounds like a great idea...NOT. Maybe if it were at least limited to ranged champion basic attacks.
: Riot You Need a New Balance Team
The game is, tbh, the least balanced I have ever seen it now. Only a few good junglers and only a few good mids remain. And there are more completely gutted champions than ever before with the removal of DFG and lack of compensation for some mages, when a lot of mages were already gutted. And Sona is nerfed too much and way too many other champions that have been bad for a long time are still bad. The game is now just a battle of the balance team's favorite champions and the rest are mostly irrelevant.
: Zilean needs new Passive
I'd like to see his passive changed, too. He's not very exciting and his passive is the only reason he's so good at high level play. Get to a little a few seconds before enemy team? Take such a ridiculously huge advantage of those few seconds that he was good just for that, even though there's not that much special about him otherwise.
Rioter Comments
: Zed forces you into a specific build path
Kayle doesn't have to build Zhonya's though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Miku Lv101,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VulLdYTf,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2015-01-28T16:07:17.738+0000) > > Actually that is a buff. Think of it this way. Give some points for how significant each one of those are and see if they add up to positive or not. > Base HP increase: + 15.24 > HP/Level decreased: -42 > Base attack damage increased: +8.42 > Movespeed increased: +50 > Base mana regen reduced: -4.4 (Seems like it should be costlier than that, but I guess not?) > MP5/Level increased: +5.76 (Also seems like it should be more significant than that) > Total: 33.02. So she's a good bit better than she was before. Mainly because that movespeed is worth so much. > > Edit: Oh those mana numbers are MP1 rather than MP5. No wonder lol. Then multiply my values for the mana stuff by 5. where are you getting +8.42 increase of base attack damage? "Base attack damage increased to 52.04 from 50.04" that's what it says on the PBE... that's an increase of 2 not 8.42
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VulLdYTf,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2015-01-28T16:22:51.191+0000) > > where are you getting +8.42 increase of base attack damage? "Base attack damage increased to 52.04 from 50.04" that's what it says on the PBE... that's an increase of 2 not 8.42 It was adjusted for one stat being better than another. 1 HP isn't worth as much as 1 AD. So after considering the conversion ratio between the 2, and adjusted for how much use Sona makes of it, that's what I came up with.
: Anyone know how long the NA servers are supposed to be down for?
Almost 9AM PST / 12PM EST. Hopefully it's about to be back up.
Phreak (NA)
: What's your League of Legends Origin Story?
I played Dota back in the old Warcraft III days. I liked it, but after a while I decided I didn't want to continue with it for various reasons. I didn't like how the players acted, I had a bad connection, didn't understand all the ridiculous turret aggro, etc. Plus it seemed not only unbalanced but that it didn't scale well. Like imagine LoL but without ability power. Mages just get more mana, mana regeneration, and attack damage as they increase their stats? That's how I felt it was. But really though, the main reason I quit was just that I didn't like how the players were. So a long time later, when I was thinking of what game to play next, I decided that LoL was worth trying if I liked a similar game save the community, since well, there was hope that it'd be better this time around. It's kinda not, but I still liked the game enough to continue this time, anyway. At least now there's a such thing as ability power and there are recommended items instead of the ridiculously not newbie-friendly mess of trying to put together items the original Dota had. And this game at least attempted to explain the turret aggro. That was also a pretty big one for me.
Axxuka (NA)
: Sona nerfs again on PBE...
Actually that is a buff. Think of it this way. Give some points for how significant each one of those are and see if they add up to positive or not. Base HP increase: + 15.24 HP/Level decreased: -42 Base attack damage increased: +8.42 Movespeed increased: +50 Base mana regen reduced: -4.4 (Seems like it should be costlier than that, but I guess not?) MP5/Level increased: +5.76 (Also seems like it should be more significant than that) Total: 33.02. So she's a good bit better than she was before. Mainly because that movespeed is worth so much. Edit: Oh those mana numbers are MP1 rather than MP5. No wonder lol. Then multiply my values for the mana stuff by 5.
: Zed patch notes translation
I agree TC. Zed's reason for his hate didn't rely in how good it was. It was his lack of counterplay/weaknesses. Zed has too much of too many things so he can pretty much do and get away with what he wants. Just making him weaker in a generic way will not reduce any of the things that make him unfun and with few good options to play against.
: About the jungle item cost increase
Wow lol. I thought this game was supposed to be competitive. So if you screw up really really really badly, you should be punished for it. If your team sucks so bad that you let the enemy jungler get a few kills before the jungle camps even spawn, you deserve to be punished for it. So Riot's reason they gave us is so god-awful.
: Which mana ite is best for AP mid laners?
Depends on the champion. If you like mana regen and want to use a little mana here and there I'd go with Morello. But if you need to use a large amount of mana at once then Tear is best. Athene's seems to be almost completely useless now to me.
: Can we remove Ward Hops?
I think the game would be overall better off without them. I mean, there are 2 types of gap closers, freely usable and situational. It turns one that was situational into a freely usable one. As in, less variety of different strategies by allowing players to do too much. And most ward hoppers seem to be a combination of either annoying, OP, or both.

Miku Lv101

Level 21 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion