: When are we getting another black female champion?
I think it's interesting so many people have an attitude towards this topic and disagree with it. Just kind of goes to show how we really do need another champion like this.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >...but I feel like they lost their chance on really highlighting an exotic character and white-washed her. "white-washed her." ??? Her name is _Qiyana_, she's from a land called **Ixtal**, she speaks with a thick Hispanic(?) inspired accent and has tan skin. Yeah, totally "white-washed."
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7nwTveZb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T02:50:23.692+0000) > > "white-washed her." > > ??? > > Her name is _Qiyana_, she's from a land called **Ixtal**, she speaks with a thick Hispanic(?) inspired accent and has tan skin. > > Yeah, totally "white-washed." It's similar to what they've done to female characters in other video games. They tone down their complexion or leave them ambiguous as opposed to making them black.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mileena Is Dead,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7nwTveZb,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-30T02:05:02.547+0000) > > black woman from the jungle > This is probably the exact reason they didn't make her black: because certain people would look at her and say "Why does this game's only true black woman live in the jungle? IS THAT SOME KIND OF RACIST JOKE?? ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY BLACK PEOPLE ARE JUNGLE ANIMALS?" Riot wanted to avoid all that controversy before it occurred, so they made her racially ambiguous. In any case, there's no real reason to create a black female champion just because. The roster is already very diverse, as you mentioned. Furthermore, the League of Legends universe is completely different from ours. We have no idea what their world looks like geographically or culturally, so it's unreasonable to project our own conceptions of race onto League's champions. Not only that, but bringing gender/racial politics into every little aspect of the game is a recipe for disaster, as Riot's previous PR nightmares can attest to.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7nwTveZb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-30T02:37:39.253+0000) > > This is probably the exact reason they didn't make her black: because certain people would look at her and say "Why does this game's only true black woman live in the jungle? IS THAT SOME KIND OF RACIST JOKE?? ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY BLACK PEOPLE ARE JUNGLE ANIMALS?" Riot wanted to avoid all that controversy before it occurred, so they made her racially ambiguous. > > In any case, there's no real reason to create a black female champion just because. The roster is already very diverse, as you mentioned. Furthermore, the League of Legends universe is completely different from ours. We have no idea what their world looks like geographically or culturally, so it's unreasonable to project our own conceptions of race onto League's champions. Not only that, but bringing gender/racial politics into every little aspect of the game is a recipe for disaster, as Riot's previous PR nightmares can attest to. Except what I'm saying is it was a copout to not just make her black to begin with. Anyone with a brain understands it's fiction. Making the true black woman a strong female figure with control over elements from a jungle, to me, is AMAZING. That's how you highlight a character. I didn't say they should just add a black female champion just cause. I think it's something they should eventually do, with reason. And I think Qiyana was their chance. You're saying bringing politics into the game is disaster yet what happened with Neeko??
: what is qiyana to you?
> [{quoted}](name=MaskedMorals,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7nwTveZb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-30T02:07:12.072+0000) > > what is qiyana to you? Not black.
: wouldn't that be a racial stereotype though....
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7nwTveZb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-30T02:07:41.334+0000) > > wouldn't that be a racial stereotype though.... Is this in relation to my mentioning of Qiyana? If so, no... it's not a stereotype... it's fiction. Black woman come from many places on Earth. Lore-wise Qiyana of course could be any size any shape any color etc .. but I feel like they lost their chance on really highlighting an exotic character and white-washed her.
Rioter Comments
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Changing this will not be an option. Very rarely does Riot let us choose what we actually want, when it comes to the interface. The only thing that was allowed is to change the cursor. At least, i think it's still possible.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z6pgLAX3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-28T10:25:00.789+0000) > > Changing this will not be an option. Very rarely does Riot let us choose what we actually want, when it comes to the interface. > > The only thing that was allowed is to change the cursor. At least, i think it's still possible. I think it's strange we have the option of the cursor but not the way damage done is presented.
: Remove Morgana from the game
In this case also remove Ahri, Thresh, Blitzcrank, Pyke, Sejuani, Leona, Nautilus, Malzahar, Lissandra, Veigar, Shen, Galio, Cho'Gath, Sion, Swain, Annie, Taric, Zilean, Ryze, Warwick, Riven, Kennen, Skarner, Elise. Surely we don't need them
Rioter Comments
: Why does no one speak up for others in game anymore?
Thank you for these actual responses and suggestions ^^
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=00020000000100000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T12:31:04.590+0000) > > whatever you say man, have fun "sticking up" for people who neither need nor want it just to make yourself feel good > > deuces{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Nope, it's a matter of consistency in game when it comes to the rules and general behavior. I didn't come here for some bored guy to try and harass me on the forums. I came here for advice from people with similar in-game experiences. You guys are just proving my point.
: you came to a **public forum**...i gave you my opinion. You don't have to like it, I couldn't care less, but you can bet your ass I'll post it whenever i feel like Don't hurt yourself falling off your high horse
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=0002000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T12:19:10.362+0000) > > you came to a **public forum**...i gave you my opinion. You don't have to like it, I couldn't care less, but you can bet your ass I'll post it whenever i feel like > > Don't hurt yourself falling off your high horse The irony in this. Again, you only came to argue, not help. Toxic. Like most of the players.
: Are you here to insult and condescend to everyone who replies to you, or do you want answers? Here, I'll stick up for people. Guys, stop replying to the OP. He's argumentative and this thread isn't going anywhere. There, you got your wish.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-06-25T12:05:24.891+0000) > > Are you here to insult and condescend to everyone who replies to you, or do you want answers? > > Here, I'll stick up for people. Guys, stop replying to the OP. He's argumentative and this thread isn't going anywhere. > > There, you got your wish. Oh okay so you just proved my point though.
: Why does no one speak up for others in game anymore?
Oh ok, so we're just supposed to mute that way there's even less potential team communication, and just "hope" other players do the right thing once the match is done.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mileena Is Dead,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-25T11:37:17.141+0000) > > You can defend someone by letting them know you'll report the other players. It's not a matter of arguing with the trolls, it's a matter of reassuring someone, making your presence known, saying you'll assist them once the match is done. It takes five seconds. this sounds pretty self-serving to me, kinda comes off as you just wanting to ride around like the white knight are they asking for you to come save them from the big bad troll? It only takes one report to review a game so announcing that you are doing it accomplishes nothing but giving the troll the reaction he wants
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T11:43:05.567+0000) > > this sounds pretty self-serving to me, kinda comes off as you just wanting to ride around like the white knight > > are they asking for you to come save them from the big bad troll? It only takes one report to review a game so announcing that you are doing it accomplishes nothing but giving the troll the reaction he wants You're missing the point entirely but good job trying to put it back onto me.
: you had 2 friends that flamed you? why are you friends with people like that
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-25T11:38:58.536+0000) > > you had 2 friends that flamed you? > why are you friends with people like that comprehension.
: bc there's no reason to "speak up for others" to trolls trolls want attention, "defending others" does nothing but give it to them mute, report, move the hell on
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HZr12WOm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-25T11:31:24.564+0000) > > bc there's not reason to "speak up for others" to trolls > > trolls want attention, "defending others" does nothing but give it to them > > mute, report, move the hell on You can defend someone by letting them know you'll report the other players. It's not a matter of arguing with the trolls, it's a matter of reassuring someone, making your presence known, saying you'll assist them once the match is done. It takes five seconds.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Game has crashed/stopped randomly twice now
Also, now when I click the League icon on my desktop and login, it is taking a significantly long time for the Home / Lobby / Play screen to load … It's just getting slower and slower now.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Riot, can we add a vote to kick feature?
There are times when unpredictable or seemingly unrealistic choices still lead to won lanes and won games. Such as Teemo support, Renekton/Sion bot lane, etc. Someone choosing a champ doesn't really equal a win or loss for that lane. Also, this would be an abused feature if it really was a thing.
: @riot RIOTER EVA afked from support chat without saying anything and abused her power.
You sound like a grade A jerk with real life confidence issues, and I'm super happy you're banned!!
: Emillio, Lord of Chaos.
: It Fucking Hurts
1-800-273-8255 call this. <3
: Is ranked always like this
Oh look, a third game in a row where I do well as ADC. Stuck with a Sion support (???) who pings and pings, trash talks our jungler almost the entire game, and is the person who performs the worst. this is disgusting
: welcome to ranked? this behavior has been common in the ranked mode since forever. improve your mental, or use the mute button if you dont like it.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RZTKWhsZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-11T02:55:14.847+0000) > > welcome to ranked? this behavior has been common in the ranked mode since forever. > > improve your mental, or use the mute button if you dont like it. I was looking for someone who actually knew how to have a discussion or be helpful. Also, muting doesn't fix problematic teammates or having 1 person who is insanely hard to "carry" when everyone else is making a big effort. Muting can sometimes make the game, in the end, worse.
: there shouldn't be any punishments for verbal toxicity at all imo.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=arpK188N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-11T02:53:02.840+0000) > > there shouldn&#x27;t be any punishments for verbal toxicity at all imo. Excuse me while I laugh.
Rioter Comments
Hoku (NA)
: Each player invests the same amount of time for the same rewards though. Games only last that long because of one of two reasons: Both teams are evenly matched and have to tip the stalemate to win, or both teams are evenly bad and have to learn how to close a game properly. If an hour is how long it takes for a team to win, fighting for the same prize, then so be it. If you're unhappy for putting in 100% and still losing, you're not gonna get very far and more importantly you're not gonna have any fun. You put in 100%, then at least you tried. Begging for compensation for wasting your time on a game where you have a 50/50 chance of winning/losing is pointless when the other 9 players are investing their time too. So what if you spent longer on the game than you wanted, you're agreeing to the rules of the game just by playing.
> [{quoted}](name=Hoku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W9FxXWsK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-08T04:55:25.954+0000) > > Each player invests the same amount of time for the same rewards though. Games only last that long because of one of two reasons: Both teams are evenly matched and have to tip the stalemate to win, or both teams are evenly bad and have to learn how to close a game properly. If an hour is how long it takes for a team to win, fighting for the same prize, then so be it. If you&#x27;re unhappy for putting in 100% and still losing, you&#x27;re not gonna get very far and more importantly you&#x27;re not gonna have any fun. You put in 100%, then at least you tried. Begging for compensation for wasting your time on a game where you have a 50/50 chance of winning/losing is pointless when the other 9 players are investing their time too. So what if you spent longer on the game than you wanted, you&#x27;re agreeing to the rules of the game just by playing. Yeah you misunderstood. I'm saying ALL players involved in a 5v5 that go that long should have some kind of reward that is different than a standard 20-30 min match. Heightened rewards. It only makes sense .
Rioter Comments
: League is Soft lmao
"That's the tea sis." Probably banned for using a love and hip-hop quote.
Jo0o (NA)
: Is taking a few weeks off from the game an option? I swap to single player games when League stress meshes poorly with RL stress.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z7EsAFUN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T03:06:18.976+0000) > > Is taking a few weeks off from the game an option? I swap to single player games when League stress meshes poorly with RL stress. weeks, ouch. I don't know about weeks haha. but yes switching games could be an option
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Ringmistress,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=faeEtHfq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T18:13:40.674+0000) > > I don&#x27;t see how this addressed anything I said at all? > hmm... > [{quoted}](name=Ringmistress,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=faeEtHfq,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-24T14:58:39.211+0000) > > just because I now risk being banned for "afking" (which I didn't do these times but it sure was tempting to just leave) hence my response, stay salty {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=faeEtHfq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T18:35:28.127+0000) > > hmm... > > hence my response, stay salty > > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Actually, no. You had a comprehension issue. I'm happy to clarify it for you: I wasn't saying this particular duo of trolls was going to report me. My sentence about going afk was a hypothetical example. If you choose to afk to avoid the trolling and the intended over-extending of a lost game, you risk getting banned before the trolls do. Make sense now? Only salty one is you.
Naymliss (NA)
: Why? Because having winnable games surrendered from under your feet is the worst feeling in league. I'd much rather lane against faker while I'm on 500 ping than have a winnable game surrendered from underneath my feet(at least in ranked, normals are different).
> [{quoted}](name=Naymliss,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=faeEtHfq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-24T15:26:04.858+0000) > > Why? Because having winnable games surrendered from under your feet is the worst feeling in league. I&#x27;d much rather lane against faker while I&#x27;m on 500 ping than have a winnable game surrendered from underneath my feet(at least in ranked, normals are different). Again this doesn't address my situation or concern.
: if you did nothing wrong then their false reports will do nothing, you have nothing to fear by just muting them and playing the game out, reporting postgame if need be
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=faeEtHfq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-24T15:09:25.583+0000) > > if you did nothing wrong then their false reports will do nothing, you have nothing to fear by just muting them and playing the game out, reporting postgame if need be I don't see how this addressed anything I said at all? Yes, their reports and chat logs will do absolutely nothing. But why would I mute players who keep trolling and voting "no" in the surrender vote, once we're far behind and outnumbered? That's the only reason I even knew they were purposely keeping us in game was by not muting them right away.
Rioter Comments
: Nerf Malphite R
I just had an AD Malph on my team and once again, broken. Almost the same score as the AP Malph that caused me to write this in the first place. And a lot of his issue (in this case his success....) came from his OP Ult.
: its a skill shot. it can be avoided if you flash, dash, blink.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=06gLjsPO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-20T03:05:45.713+0000) > > its a skill shot. it can be avoided if you flash, dash, blink. It's also an instant cast. Charges immediately. Just like Kai'Sa's ult. Nearly impossible to flash while a Malphite runs towards you with his team right next to him. And if a fight starts and he uses it, you're dead. Even Fiddle has a charge up before getting to use his. Imagine If Fiddlesticks could *instantly* teleport towards you with no sound effect or warning.
Rioter Comments
: What to do when someone afks or d/cs 1 minute in? 4v5?
This system sounds corrupt. It's like no matter how much harassment is happening you're expected to play when you're at a huge disadvantage. smh
Alzon (NA)
: There’s a /remake chat command available after a few minutes into the game and goes away a couple minutes later. Not sure on the exact timing.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=c7EUvHoH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-17T20:14:38.710+0000) > > There’s a /remake chat command available after a few minutes into the game and goes away a couple minutes later. Not sure on the exact timing. Problem is players ignored it even though we were clearly down a player. They were purposely hitting "no" to keep us in a 4v5.
Rioter Comments
Kei143 (NA)
: The system punishes based on consistency x severity. So what the system saw is you having the same attitude over many many games, and thus deemed your behavior to be toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t8KOyjrO,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-04-23T00:32:01.963+0000) > > The system punishes based on consistency x severity. > > So what the system saw is you having the same attitude over many many games, and thus deemed your behavior to be toxic. That's strange since I consistently got "honor" messages and was almost at honor level 4....
: 10 Game Chat Restriction
I guess my main confusion and my main point is... If I was reported in this case and received a chat log, that means Riot probably saw the other player who was harassing me. You would think it would take into account that I was being flamed. Unless it simply reads *My* messages in an isolated format and no one looks into the actual context. Which would (unfortunately) explain this crappy situation.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

Mileena Is Dead

Level 159 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion