Keiaga (NA)
: The highest ranking top laner is currently Quinn. She has the 8th highest winrate in plat+ and is the only ranged top laner in the top 10. You're factually wrong and ranged top laners aren't especially good.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M1E73hF0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-13T20:22:50.351+0000) > > The highest ranking top laner is currently Quinn. She has the 8th highest winrate in plat+ and is the only ranged top laner in the top 10. > > You're factually wrong and ranged top laners aren't especially good. Just because you got shit on 1st timing senna top in ranked doesn't mean ranged tops aren't cancer as everything Ryze cassiopeia and kayle top all had 51% wr two days ago and I don't care enough about your incorrect opinion to check now
Elohaven (NA)
: PSA: Team Comps matter
PSA: You can play a ranged top into anything and win unless jg camps top. Which never happens because bot lane and drake are too op for top to ever matter
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=hZaOHAu5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-13T18:58:57.043+0000) > > To be honest, women just don't naturally evoke those feelings in people. Women physiologically and emotionally don't exhibit a juggernaut-like mindset. Sure, outliers exist, but the outliers among women get towered over by the men who are outliers. Like sure, a freak athlete of a women can beat out the average man in a given area of athleticism, but in almost no cases do freak women beat out freak men for the top spots except in more feminine physical attributes such as flexibility. For instance, world's fastest people? Men. World's strongest? Men. World's bulkiest and beefiest? Men. And so on and so forth. > > I truly don't understand the desire for people to fantasize about women being like men. Like, men and women are different, and that's ok. No matter how much you try to make a female "juggernaut" that exudes the same feelings as a juggernaut like darius, you just won't be able to. It will always seem off, and just not quite right, because you're railing against nature and the order of things. {{champion:420}} :)
Rioter Comments
: You guys got a bunch of essay tier champs over the last few seasons Let us simple kit lovers have a champ or two
> [{quoted}](name=Beacon Academy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=00040003,timestamp=2019-12-12T09:06:10.002+0000) > > You guys got a bunch of essay tier champs over the last few seasons > > Let us simple kit lovers have a champ or two The problem is every other role got champs over the last few seasons that have 17 overloaded broken mechanics and melee toplaners get a braindead garen that won't be able to touch anyone outisde of silver instead of our needed broken champ to match everyone else's
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:12:45.683+0000) > > Think vi, except with 0 engage and a less useful ult in exchange for true damage "Less Useful Ult" Cho Gath: Why are you letting me free farm? Sett: Oh, no reason. By all means, after you big guy.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-12-12T09:08:55.519+0000) > > "Less Useful Ult" > > Cho Gath: Why are you letting me free farm? > > Sett: Oh, no reason. By all means, after you big guy. Yeah, right, like anyone ever plays tanks top lane, good one. Might as well ff in champ select. Even pros at worlds have realized playing a tank top is asking to lose just look at worlds
: I'm trying to take feedback about my posts seriously.
Yep, I got a post removed a day ago because I said sett will never be able to deal with ranged top with a 30% ms boost as his only engage and that was apparently enough to say it should be in 'Rant' lol
BBKong (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:14:04.838+0000) > > He's too simple tho. He doesn't have reliable engage or cc = kinda garbage in this meta "We want simple champs, not overloaded ones!" "Ok here's a simple fun juggernaut :)" "He's too simple wtf Riot!?!?" They can never win with you guys. He's honestly well designed ESPECIALLY seeing as it was the Rioter's **first champion**. He has clear weaknesses and clear strengths like a champion should.
> [{quoted}](name=BBKong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:51:28.829+0000) > > "We want simple champs, not overloaded ones!" > > "Ok here's a simple fun juggernaut :)" > > "He's too simple wtf Riot!?!?" > > They can never win with you guys. He's honestly well designed ESPECIALLY seeing as it was the Rioter's **first champion**. He has clear weaknesses and clear strengths like a champion should. Meh, its more of different people wanting different things. Some people want champs with clear weaknesses. I want a champ that can compete with all of certainlyt's certainly no weaknesses here champs Tldr I want a garbagely overloaded designed champ in my role to deal with all the garbage horribly designed champs in other roles :)
CurS1VE (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:12:45.683+0000) > > Think vi, except with 0 engage and a less useful ult in exchange for true damage does his Q have healing tied to it? I see he is suppose to be a juggernaut so i'm assuming he has some healing sustain somewhere. I could see him being fun if his CDs are low enough or have some sort of text like "Basic Attacks Reduce the Cd of (Ability) by some amount" I can't see him being great since top lane melee champs with no reliable engage or gap close is basically unplayable. If his Q does some sort of Garen mech where it gives him bonus resist and tenacity then maybe it's possible.. Kit looks like a good go between though between Garen and something else..Like if there were training wheels and Garen was 1, then this champ would be the other.
> [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:21:02.063+0000) > > does his Q have healing tied to it? I see he is suppose to be a juggernaut so i'm assuming he has some healing sustain somewhere. > > I could see him being fun if his CDs are low enough or have some sort of text like "Basic Attacks Reduce the Cd of (Ability) by some amount" > I can't see him being great since top lane melee champs with no reliable engage or gap close is basically unplayable. > > If his Q does some sort of Garen mech where it gives him bonus resist and tenacity then maybe it's possible.. > Kit looks like a good go between though between Garen and something else..Like if there were training wheels and Garen was 1, then this champ would be the other. His w has a shield for damage taken tied to it similar to morde but no base healing besides his passive giving him a bit of regen Totally agree with the melee 0 mobility thing. Might make him unplayable so rip
: Hey look, Sett is Simple, can you guys give the design team a break now?
He's too simple tho. He doesn't have reliable engage or cc = kinda garbage in this meta
CurS1VE (NA)
: Soooo it's Vi ?
> [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hIGWbxQE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:08:03.713+0000) > > Soooo it's Vi ? Think vi, except with 0 engage and a less useful ult in exchange for true damage
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAEht9qi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:44:28.198+0000) > > Heimer, shaco, yorick, and ww are all the "let's solo dragon at 3 minutes into the game" champs. With how much weaker drakes are tho, prob more can now Nunu was also on the list
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAEht9qi,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T01:45:48.133+0000) > > Nunu was also on the list Nunu unlike most of the others can't duel or escape in any way and t.f. kinda sux
Rockman (NA)
: Didn't heim also do that
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAEht9qi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:08:00.640+0000) > > Didn't heim also do that Heimer, shaco, yorick, and ww are all the "let's solo dragon at 3 minutes into the game" champs. With how much weaker drakes are tho, prob more can now
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=eprLfnZd,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-10T04:45:55.016+0000) > > I was just about to comment what kfceytron said before reading it lol. > Honestly as an illaoi main tho, only skin she really needs is the dunkmaster that was given to ivern instead > {{sticker:sg-janna}} As someone who now mains Ivern, the dunkmaster skin dissapoints me deeply. Please take this skin away from poor ivern and make riot create an elderwood ivern skin instead.
> [{quoted}](name=WoollyWitch,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=eprLfnZd,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-10T18:02:35.731+0000) > > As someone who now mains Ivern, the dunkmaster skin dissapoints me deeply. Please take this skin away from poor ivern and make riot create an elderwood ivern skin instead. Deal
: Getting hardstomped is essential for growth
I agree. Darius vs illaoi is a fun matchup on both sides. I think it is Darius favored, but I also main illaoi and can usually pull out a win from it if I play right. However saying, "play every hard matchup and get stomped repeatedly" I don't exactly agree with. I dodge every game I can into ryze/kayle/kennen/cassio top because it is so toxic to play against, I know I will tilt and be done playing. Tldr: Hard matchups even counters that are winnable games/interactable sure, take them all day. Ranged top not named teemo/heimer/gp/gnar makes me dodge and hold in multiple excessive expletives aimed at specific degenerates. You know who you are...
: Illaoi's Skin Concept by someone that has 0 drawing skills
I was just about to comment what kfceytron said before reading it lol. Honestly as an illaoi main tho, only skin she really needs is the dunkmaster that was given to ivern instead {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-12-09T19:22:34.673+0000) > > But if you make it bigger suddenly a lot of people are super demoralized they are hard stuck iron and quit How can anyone get stuck in Iron? I could play my lowest win rate champions, troll and afk half my games and couldn't get there in a month. I actually tried to tank an account to Iron by playing very very casually and it was just fuckin impossible.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-12-09T19:32:00.996+0000) > > How can anyone get stuck in Iron? I could play my lowest win rate champions, troll and afk half my games and couldn't get there in a month. I actually tried to tank an account to Iron by playing very very casually and it was just fuckin impossible. Yes, I definitely agree. Since iron is tiny right now, you literally have to be the worst of the worst to be there for an extended period of games. Now imagine iron taking up the lower half of bronze. Now it is 10% worst players instead of 1% worst players. Now 10% of everyone is stuck there. It's now much more possible to be iron by happenstance of oh, this is where my mmr is and those players who are trying their best and staying in iron will definitely quit which ends up causing the opposite of rank deflation which imo is much worse. Imagine you are silver 4 mmr and then half of the iron playerbase quits upon the next season you are now in the lowest 10% and will never make it out of iron if you play at the same skill level and that causes you to quit.... which compounds
: RIOT DOESNT BAN TROLLS NEVER . SHOW SOME RESPECT TO YOUR PLAYERBASE
I know English isn't your first language, but the double negative in the title is giving me OCD
: My understanding is that the ranked distribution changes were deliberate to go along with the introduction of GM and Iron. I would like to see a LOT more players in iron, personally. In terms of the top end I think the changes to the higher end of diamond were good. If you want to look at top 1%, just look at D3 as your bench mark. You don't have to worry so much about what the rank is called.
> [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:24:52.037+0000) > > My understanding is that the ranked distribution changes were deliberate to go along with the introduction of GM and Iron. I would like to see a LOT more players in iron, personally. In terms of the top end I think the changes to the higher end of diamond were good. If you want to look at top 1%, just look at D3 as your bench mark. You don't have to worry so much about what the rank is called. Yeah... iron will never be a significant part of the playerbase. It was added specifically so bronzies could look down on someone. But if you make it bigger suddenly a lot of people are super demoralized they are hard stuck iron and quit
: Can Heimerdinger be looked at?
Meh, heimer is fine, just clear his turrets and he's useless. Just pretend you are playing against teemo. Give his turrets respect and allin and instakill him whenever he doesn't have all 3 up. Also you all are about a week late. Most of the reason heimer's winrate (and kind of his pickrate, as adc at least) spiked is because the conqueror change let him stack it instantly with his turrets and heal shittons. It got nerfed this patch so I expect his wr will start going down now, especially once people remember playing against him is not that hard
: whats with that riven hate? I mean, i hate her more than anything else, but why would her allies hate her?
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uagooe8G,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-09T00:45:15.227+0000) > > whats with that riven hate? I mean, i hate her more than anything else, but why would her allies hate her? Basically most new riven players don't understand that her pre 9ish early game is complete garbage unless you are like really good at dodging skills with q (not wasting e to dodge when you could just use q/walking) I play mostly illaoi and good riven players are really hard to deal with but I'm happy most of the time to see riven picked into me, bc I stomp 80-90% of the rivens at my elo
Lazyfae (NA)
: I can support that. Really sucks to have spell shield, dodge 5 consecutive spells in a row, vel'koz in particular tends to be predictable most the time, and then your friend walks up behind you and gets hit, boom shield gone and here comes their cc train engage. Punishing players who get it because they know what they're doing, and dodge while using it to block the cc and insta dash/warp engages, just because your team sucks, is a horrible setup. Like, i can get an aoe you run into, but not a bounce off a team mate from a spell you'd already dodged.
> [{quoted}](name=Lazyfae,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA9IFfJQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-06T16:41:01.079+0000) > > I can support that. Really sucks to have spell shield, dodge 5 consecutive spells in a row, vel'koz in particular tends to be predictable most the time, and then your friend walks up behind you and gets hit, boom shield gone and here comes their cc train engage. Punishing players who get it because they know what they're doing, and dodge while using it to block the cc and insta dash/warp engages, just because your team sucks, is a horrible setup. Like, i can get an aoe you run into, but not a bounce off a team mate from a spell you'd already dodged. Fyi, almost all aoe s do not proc spellshield
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: I mean I don't see how cho or illaoi would ever lose lane to vayne unless the vayne is challenger and you're plat but I guess you're entitled to your opinion? the stats and every good top laners personal experience would disagree with you but eh.
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im 12,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApEGbUXh,comment-id=000f0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T04:15:08.665+0000) > > I mean I don't see how cho or illaoi would ever lose lane to vayne unless the vayne is challenger and you're plat but I guess you're entitled to your opinion? the stats and every good top laners personal experience would disagree with you but eh. You don't see how the tank with infinitely scaling hp would ever lose to the champ that hard counters him by ignoring it all and kills him in 4 autos anyway? hmmmmm Sure if snowball existed on summoners rift cho would prob win lane, but as is no semi competent vayne will ever get hit by a cho q when they can just roll away
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: malph, maokai, ornn are all good into her, sion can out trade her if he goes e max as well. for juggernauts she only really beats darius and voli but who tf plays voli top in 2k19
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im 12,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApEGbUXh,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T01:55:32.460+0000) > > malph, maokai, ornn are all good into her, sion can out trade her if he goes e max as well. for juggernauts she only really beats darius and voli but who tf plays voli top in 2k19 Maokai will get absolutely shit on lol. Ornn might do enough damage to be scary, but he really doesn't have the sustain to teade and survive and Malphite will win if he builds ap and or waits till 6 to exist in lane. Juggernauts: voli, darius, illaoi, cho gath all get destroyed hard. Singed doesn't interact either way, but it's not ideal for him. Urgot does mediocre into her about even. And mordekaiser hard wins from level 6 until she buys qss, so exactly the same as morde does into every lane lol
: Yeah but vayne top builds different items. I've seen vaynes rush frozen mallet first item, it's so cancer. She can force anyone off of her with e, and unless you have 2 long range gap closers (ig irelia could have that, renekton too, but it's kinda short), there's no way you're gonna kill her. Jax, aatrox, morde, darius, any tank, pantheon, none of these champs can do anything. Maybe rengar top could work?
> [{quoted}](name=WAZZZUP500,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApEGbUXh,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-12-05T17:18:22.147+0000) > > Yeah but vayne top builds different items. I've seen vaynes rush frozen mallet first item, it's so cancer. She can force anyone off of her with e, and unless you have 2 long range gap closers (ig irelia could have that, renekton too, but it's kinda short), there's no way you're gonna kill her. Jax, aatrox, morde, darius, any tank, pantheon, none of these champs can do anything. > > Maybe rengar top could work? Yep, play any assassin into her and she will most likely regret it.... but you most likely picked first if you got vayne top picked into you
Hi im 12 (EUNE)
: by worst thing "any melee can ever face" you mean some juggernauts, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im 12,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApEGbUXh,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-12-05T19:00:14.223+0000) > > by worst thing "any melee can ever face" you mean some juggernauts, right? I think he means all tanks and most juggernauts. Ad fighters generally have some tools to get on top of her and make her regret the pick. I.e. yasuo, camille, irelia and trynd probably have less (but not no) problem with ranged tops, but as someone who plays a champion that pretty much instaloses to them, I get the frustration
: And then you get to team fight. Realize their team comp is ass and almost auto win by death balling.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApEGbUXh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-05T01:32:07.982+0000) > > And then you get to team fight. Realize their team comp is ass and almost auto win by death balling. *insert "Sounds good, doesn't work" meme To be fair it really does work well in higher elos. But at least gold and below there's a good chance your team gets tilted that you are getting destroyed top and it never gets to teamfights cuz mental boom too strong. And this is only if you yourself don't lose sanity being able to do literally nothing playing into an obnoxious ranged top before your comp "outscales" even though you as a single champion probably lose the scaling game
Tokishi7 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9fsXp4Kc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-05T17:13:38.976+0000) > > Last I checked, crystal balls don’t exist still, and Riot has no way of knowing what a player is going to do in your game when they match you. Why do you boot lick Riot on every post?
> [{quoted}](name=Tokishi7,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9fsXp4Kc,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-06T00:33:22.636+0000) > > Why do you boot lick Riot on every post? He doesn't. He just is contrarian fishing on every post. Most have learned to not take the bait lol
EATARI (NA)
: It might still count as _naming & shaming_, but I’m not sure.
> [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9fsXp4Kc,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T19:46:14.677+0000) > > It might still count as _naming & shaming_, but I’m not sure. It doesn't. In order to name and shame you have to NAME and shame lol He blocked out all the names like he was supposed to. If people wanted to look at his op.gg and find out the name of the singed from that way, that is fine too. It's the same thing
: > [{quoted}](name=STEG0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M5AoKe45,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-04T23:33:27.355+0000) > > I think she's already well in the hole with Kalista, Sylas and others of being nerfed for pro play far beyond what normal players can do with her. So all nerfs at this point will just make her unplayable by normal league players outside of one tricks. Not that it's a huge nerf but i think Akali is either decent but cautiously balanced at this point or is starting to be just gutted out entirely. > > Sometimes i don't understand why they gut to the extent they do. I think Kalista for pros now is around 10th in line for ADC so she's been nerfed well beyond pros even using her outside of very niche games. Akali had decent presence but wasn't pick/ban at last worlds. yeah that's why she can 1 shot you with just hextech revolver at level 5 with only Q and E so underpowered wow
> [{quoted}](name=Tiamat Taric,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M5AoKe45,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-05T08:49:59.072+0000) > > yeah that's why she can 1 shot you with just hextech revolver at level 5 with only Q and E so underpowered wow Hey, be fair, she probably used ignite too
: Gameplay wise, I should have specified more I liked the gameplay of the old {{champion:82}} but there are some aspects of the gameplay of the new {{champion:82}} that I like. The bonk on the Q which is how the original q was with the isolation damage and the much needed cc which is his e. The W is the last source of sustain {{champion:82}} has not nearly as efficient as any other bruiser in the game, you can refer to {{champion:266}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:83}} ( I think you get the point ) . It is just a cheap attempt at bringing his old W back but it failed and it is just not as effective as his old white bar of armor used to be in clutch situations. So {{champion:82}} ult the portion of stats it gets is not nearly enough dueling power and god forbid you have an ult like {{champion:75}} which gives you extra stats and you use it before {{champion:82}} ults you. Which then it is your fault dying to a {{champion:82}} ult. Do you think it is wise for riot to decide to cleanse a {{champion:238}} ult ? Just think about that and apply it to {{champion:82}} that is a long cool down as well. {{champion:82}} is not nearly as efficient to put that much damage out in such a short amount of time and his ult puts him in many dangerous situations, it could be used supportively but old {{champion:82}} was far better support than the new one in that matter. You remove their frontline but it depends what frontline they have, {{champion:254}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:54}} and so on. Sure it is wise to do but remember your team is in a 4v4 they still have a high chance of losing, specially if they are not competent enough and rely on you a lot. Which happens to top laners a lot. You also delay them bursting your adc at the cost of yourself probably losing a lot of health, remember you don't get as much defensive stats specially now you probably are far better sacrificing your adc if enemy adc doesn't have a {{item:3140}} . I mean look at the top lane meta ? Grasp of the Undying is quite popular on most juggernauts like {{champion:75}} and {{champion:86}} plus {{champion:86}} could go predator , phase rush and so many other choices if you are good enough with him. {{champion:164}} already has given up on conqueror and goes press the attack, you can choose a wide variety of rune paths for her. Hell you could take klepto in a favouring match up but take that on {{champion:82}} and you are definitely trolling. I once took two different rune sets on {{champion:82}} one of the was dark harvest and the other one was grasp. To be fair nowhere close as how he performs with conqueror, I might as well be trolling. I think, the big guy ,{{champion:82}} is in a bad state whether you play him or play against him. There are so many complaints from both sides, he just is a completely different champion that what we fell in love with and for what reasons. He can't even build sustain items anymore other than {{item:3065}} . It's just not cost effective. Old {{champion:82}} could go variety of items, even {{item:3078}} was viable on him and guess what, you'd be trolling if you built it now. You'd be trolling if you built half of the things you could build on his old self.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Mayert,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AzJ6qzlF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-04T04:40:17.396+0000) > > Gameplay wise, I should have specified more I liked the gameplay of the old {{champion:82}} but there are some aspects of the gameplay of the new {{champion:82}} that I like. The bonk on the Q which is how the original q was with the isolation damage and the much needed cc which is his e. > The W is the last source of sustain {{champion:82}} has not nearly as efficient as any other bruiser in the game, you can refer to {{champion:266}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:83}} ( I think you get the point ) . It is just a cheap attempt at bringing his old W back but it failed and it is just not as effective as his old white bar of armor used to be in clutch situations. > > So {{champion:82}} ult the portion of stats it gets is not nearly enough dueling power and god forbid you have an ult like {{champion:75}} which gives you extra stats and you use it before {{champion:82}} ults you. Which then it is your fault dying to a {{champion:82}} ult. > > Do you think it is wise for riot to decide to cleanse a {{champion:238}} ult ? Just think about that and apply it to {{champion:82}} that is a long cool down as well. {{champion:82}} is not nearly as efficient to put that much damage out in such a short amount of time and his ult puts him in many dangerous situations, it could be used supportively but old {{champion:82}} was far better support than the new one in that matter. You remove their frontline but it depends what frontline they have, {{champion:254}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:54}} and so on. Sure it is wise to do but remember your team is in a 4v4 they still have a high chance of losing, specially if they are not competent enough and rely on you a lot. Which happens to top laners a lot. You also delay them bursting your adc at the cost of yourself probably losing a lot of health, remember you don't get as much defensive stats specially now you probably are far better sacrificing your adc if enemy adc doesn't have a {{item:3140}} . > > I mean look at the top lane meta ? Grasp of the Undying is quite popular on most juggernauts like {{champion:75}} and {{champion:86}} plus {{champion:86}} could go predator , phase rush and so many other choices if you are good enough with him. {{champion:164}} already has given up on conqueror and goes press the attack, you can choose a wide variety of rune paths for her. Hell you could take klepto in a favouring match up but take that on {{champion:82}} and you are definitely trolling. I once took two different rune sets on {{champion:82}} one of the was dark harvest and the other one was grasp. To be fair nowhere close as how he performs with conqueror, I might as well be trolling. > > I think, the big guy ,{{champion:82}} is in a bad state whether you play him or play against him. There are so many complaints from both sides, he just is a completely different champion that what we fell in love with and for what reasons. He can't even build sustain items anymore other than {{item:3065}} . It's just not cost effective. Old {{champion:82}} could go variety of items, even {{item:3078}} was viable on him and guess what, you'd be trolling if you built it now. You'd be trolling if you built half of the things you could build on his old self. The reason mordekaisers sustain option isn't on par with other top laners is probably due to his manalessness. He had to lose something somewhere and with an already 55% wr for a champ I at least consider as very well balanced, his w was a good place to do that
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mLJNHWoR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-03T23:50:31.369+0000) > > Urgot being strong because Conqueror is strong isnt a good thing. > > If he needs buffs, he needs ACTUAL buffs, not indirect ones. > > Hes doing fine btw. The nerf will probably barely affect him outside of instances that probably should have been nerfed anyway. > > ____________ > > Welcome to why the new rune system is shit design btw. I know right, i never liked the runes and never will. {{champion:86}} is slowly busted cause his E able to full proc Conquer, imagine if he was stacking it normal he won't be consider that op. It just the dumb runes, what if they just made it like the damn Favor of battle where actually a AA make it proc and nothing else, right how else mages would be able to abuse it.
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mLJNHWoR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-04T00:09:31.722+0000) > > I know right, i never liked the runes and never will. > {{champion:86}} is slowly busted cause his E able to full proc Conquer, imagine if he was stacking it normal he won't be consider that op. > > It just the dumb runes, what if they just made it like the damn Favor of battle where actually a AA make it proc and nothing else, right how else mages would be able to abuse it. If they made it only autos proc it t bj ey would have to make it stronger (more ad to compensate) which would still be bad because it would become default adc rune lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JnQsRNkf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T22:48:24.779+0000) > > well isnt that obvious? if 1 wave of minions gives as much exp as half your jungle, you just tend to gank and tax the entire wave and the next one i know i feel like they should have seen this comming. currently i've seen more early game gankers like {{champion:64}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:33}} where junglers that usually can't gank untill level 6 have all but vanished {{champion:28}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:9}}{{champion:102}}
> [{quoted}](name=hazerddex,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JnQsRNkf,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T22:52:48.417+0000) > > i know i feel like they should have seen this comming. > > currently i've seen more early game gankers like > > {{champion:64}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:33}} > > where junglers that usually can't gank untill level 6 have all but vanished > {{champion:28}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:9}}{{champion:102}} Uhhh, move ww to the top list buddy, his pre6 gank is phenomonal
: > [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P3rJR3r5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-03T08:04:46.364+0000) > > And how will you confirm this? Are you the one doing it? Actually he can be both right and wrong. The bot unless trained via trigger words (which does not appear to be the case as that'd be too much to code given how a trigger can be used in several ways with opposite meanings) can't target appropriate threads effectively. It would need someone to manually tell it what to mass down vote. It is possible someone has a program set to have all 20 accounts instantly downvote something when the "main" account triggers it. It would still however have to require a human directly pulling the strings.
> [{quoted}](name=iamthegoatofwar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P3rJR3r5,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-03T08:10:12.075+0000) > > Actually he can be both right and wrong. The bot unless trained via trigger words (which does not appear to be the case as that'd be too much to code given how a trigger can be used in several ways with opposite meanings) can't target appropriate threads effectively. It would need someone to manually tell it what to mass down vote. It is possible someone has a program set to have all 20 accounts instantly downvote something when the "main" account triggers it. It would still however have to require a human directly pulling the strings. Yep, probably pretty accurate here
: There are actually a lot less "voting bots" on these forums than you might think.
Uh.... sorry, but I disagree. The thing is a good deal of the time. Posts will go from -6 to 44 (a change of exactly 50) within less than a minute. Now sure you could say maybe 50 people all just saw the post and voted in that one minute or one person voted 50 times. But it's pretty much impossible to login to that many accounts within a minute even with password tracking. And sure maybe you are right, but then it happens to 30 posts in a row within 30 minutes. No person has the endurance to do these monotonous actions for so long and honestly automating that is really easy
: Yeah you got it. same damage just the way it gets applied got changed to happen in more and faster ticks. This will stacking black cleaver quicker ;) so you could say...It's more damage? Since portions of your ulti will now apply after more stacks have been applied to the enemy.( that makes sense right?) Like normally you'd E-AA-Q-R so your first ultimate tick would happen at 3 stacks of black cleaver and require 3 ticks to stack up to the full 6 stacks(24% armor pen) that takes 1.5 seconds. In the new system those ticks would take 0.75 seconds to ramp the cleaver stacks up to 6. So in reality it's a damage per second boost if we run cleaver cause of how the stacks will interact with how the damage gets applied.
> [{quoted}](name=WukongMain,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=ws7hu2EH,comment-id=003b0000,timestamp=2019-11-29T20:17:02.024+0000) > > Yeah you got it. same damage just the way it gets applied got changed to happen in more and faster ticks. This will stacking black cleaver quicker ;) so you could say...It's more damage? Since portions of your ulti will now apply after more stacks have been applied to the enemy.( that makes sense right?) > > Like normally you'd E-AA-Q-R so your first ultimate tick would happen at 3 stacks of black cleaver and require 3 ticks to stack up to the full 6 stacks(24% armor pen) that takes 1.5 seconds. > In the new system those ticks would take 0.75 seconds to ramp the cleaver stacks up to 6. > > So in reality it's a damage per second boost if we run cleaver cause of how the stacks will interact with how the damage gets applied. I think it's even better than that seeing as the ratio got increased too
: > [{quoted}](name=Bultz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ei05XwEe,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T17:08:53.554+0000) > > I called the mods children? I hope your kidding right? No. Here's your exact quote: >*Delete the mods off of these boards. Pay someone official to do it and remove children from this position of power.* This is clearly an insult, and, as per board rules, including people (moderator or not) is not allowed. > As far as me saying this, there was no joke. I was told I am not allowed to call people Jews or gay or as such. Why? The correct interpretation of this rule was what I posted above. That rule was also cited to you in the removal message. The issue was you using the terms negatively. > No, you can not use anything like that. You’re either not insulted by the words or you’re a hypocrite for using them. There are no acceptations and that is just wishful thinking and wanting to be treated better than everyone else. If you want to be called gay, fine, but you cannot use the word yourself and then try to deny it to others. I'm afraid your personal opinions on when and how these words are acceptable does not impact the board rules, which is that negatively intended uses are prohibited. We do not change the rules based on the personal opinions of individual posters. > It’s cute to think this was unintentional after I reported him. Also conveniently your mixing three or four different reports to hide his having gone through my posts to target me. Also, you aren’t allowed to call people out on these boards, why are you using his name? Respect the rules. When a moderator action is in question I am within my authority as one of the Volunteer Team leads to provide the message or discuss the moderator when I feel it is appropriate. Additionally, from what I see, those comments he removed were also in the queue around that time. I do not believe you were personally targeted here, although I appreciate you may disagree with that assessment.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ei05XwEe,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2019-12-02T17:17:21.575+0000) > > No. Here's your exact quote: > > This is clearly an insult, and, as per board rules, including people (moderator or not) is not allowed. > > The correct interpretation of this rule was what I posted above. That rule was also cited to you in the removal message. The issue was you using the terms negatively. > > I'm afraid your personal opinions on when and how these words are acceptable does not impact the board rules, which is that negatively intended uses are prohibited. We do not change the rules based on the personal opinions of individual posters. > > When a moderator action is in question I am within my authority as one of the Volunteer Team leads to provide the message or discuss the moderator when I feel it is appropriate. Additionally, from what I see, those comments he removed were also in the queue around that time. I do not believe you were personally targeted here, although I appreciate you may disagree with that assessment. Tbh, only mod I've ever seen be biased was periscope and I haven't seen him in 5ever. And I guess I first joined the boards immediately following whatever drama happened with laughing fish whose memes I appreciate. Most of y'all do a great job! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by the few people who are against you here
: Voli players are just the funniest
People can complain about volibear? Lol just kite him and or melt him. He literally can't interact with any other champ without flash. So once every 5 minutes he might be a little broken. This accounts op.gg suggests you can play darius illaoi and ryze, pick any of those into volibear top. As a illaoi main who also knows darius pretty well, both hard counter volibear. (As in you can literally stand there and let voli run at you and you still should win the fight, no kiting required). Ryze also wins easily but requires small amounts of kiting. Good luck my dood!
: Is the person using the vote bot ever going to get banned? [Boards]
Didn't realize there was already a response to this. Thanks Djinn! :) Just wanted to give issue more visibility
: "im scaling, im a kayle, this is winnable"
Depends on the elo/how hard the kayle is able to right click. Definitely seen 0/11 kayles hit lvl 17 and suddenly 1v9 the game because reasons also seen them continue to be useless. Lower elo (below plat) games are very likely to last until kayle becomes a monster, higher elos it's definitely less likely
Rioter Comments
: Regarding Soraka's healing, there is absolutely no way Senna outheals Soraka. Soraka's W, according to the league wikipedia, is on a 8 second cooldown initially and a 2 second cooldown at max rank. Soraka's W heals for 80 / 110 / 140/ 170 / 200 (+60% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items. Soraka's Q, according to the league wikipedia, is on a is on a 8 second cooldown initially and a 4 second cooldown at max rank. Soraka's Q heals for 60 / 80 / 100/ 120 / 140 (+50% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items. Senna's Q, according to the league wikipedia, has a 15 second flat cooldown at all ranks. It heals for 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+40% bonus AD)(+25% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items, which according to her support tab on U.GG, she doesn't build any. And don't get me started on Soraka's global, targeted 5 man HEALING ult, while Senna's is a shield (which can be wind-walled, btw). I'm all for nerfing Senna, but looking at the raw base numbers and cooldowns, there's absolutely zero way Senna is ever outhealing a Soraka, even if she lands "5 man Q's" on her team. Your cooldowns alone make it so that you have the opportunity to heal more, for a higher value, and Soraka's Q heals her for more than Senna's Q heals herself. Sure, your overall healing is split up over two abilities so it takes a longer time to reach this apex, but there should never be any scenario where a Senna outheals you unless a game last sub 15 minutes, and even then I'm hesitant to say that. The circlejerk on these boards is ridiculous.
> [{quoted}](name=Little Witchery,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=001e0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T17:30:17.092+0000) > > Regarding Soraka's healing, there is absolutely no way Senna outheals Soraka. > > Soraka's W, according to the league wikipedia, is on a 8 second cooldown initially and a 2 second cooldown at max rank. Soraka's W heals for 80 / 110 / 140/ 170 / 200 (+60% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items. > > Soraka's Q, according to the league wikipedia, is on a is on a 8 second cooldown initially and a 4 second cooldown at max rank. Soraka's Q heals for 60 / 80 / 100/ 120 / 140 (+50% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items. > > Senna's Q, according to the league wikipedia, has a 15 second flat cooldown at all ranks. It heals for 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+40% bonus AD)(+25% AP) before accounting for healing and shielding power from items, which according to her support tab on U.GG, she doesn't build any. > > And don't get me started on Soraka's global, targeted 5 man HEALING ult, while Senna's is a shield (which can be wind-walled, btw). > > I'm all for nerfing Senna, but looking at the raw base numbers and cooldowns, there's absolutely zero way Senna is ever outhealing a Soraka, even if she lands "5 man Q's" on her team. Your cooldowns alone make it so that you have the opportunity to heal more, for a higher value, and Soraka's Q heals her for more than Senna's Q heals herself. Sure, your overall healing is split up over two abilities so it takes a longer time to reach this apex, but there should never be any scenario where a Senna outheals you unless a game last sub 15 minutes, and even then I'm hesitant to say that. The circlejerk on these boards is ridiculous. You are completely forgetting the fact that soraka takes 10% max hp damage from herself everytime she presses w. Considering there are no limitations on senna q it is actually possible and especially likely to happen during lane phase
iiGazeii (NA)
: Soraka's healing is better than Senna's, and Senna can't spam heals without running out of mana.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T01:50:54.289+0000) > > Soraka's healing is better than Senna's, and Senna can't spam heals without running out of mana. Soraka can't spam heals without running out of hp. Guess which one is harder to kill and has better safety and cc anyway
Ooduwa (NA)
: - Support Senna builds Athene's and Ardent alongside Umbral Glaive, and therefore doesn't possess the kit or resources to consistently top the damage charts. She certainly can't contend with the best of the class in Brand, Lux, Zyra, or Veigar. I'm sure she even pales next to Swain, Shaco, and even Bard. Further, she has a 51.38% Win Rate in the role: https://u.gg/lol/champions/senna/build/?role=support - Senna doesn't do more damage than Draven. That's a flat out lie. - She doesn't possesses more mobility than Jinx or Draven, who are actually capable of combating opponents that get on top of them. - She has clearly defined and easily exploitable weaknesses. Once tank items are buffed and Pyke is competitive again her win rate will take a hit.
> [{quoted}](name=Ooduwa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JIAt2ebi,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-11-30T08:34:19.503+0000) > > - Support Senna builds Athene's and Ardent alongside Umbral Glaive, and therefore doesn't possess the kit or resources to consistently top the damage charts. She certainly can't contend with the best of the class in Brand, Lux, Zyra, or Veigar. I'm sure she even pales next to Swain, Shaco, and even Bard. Further, she has a 51.38% Win Rate in the role: > > https://u.gg/lol/champions/senna/build/?role=support > > - Senna doesn't do more damage than Draven. That's a flat out lie. > > - She doesn't possesses more mobility than Jinx or Draven, who are actually capable of combating opponents that get on top of them. > > - She has clearly defined and easily exploitable weaknesses. Once tank items are buffed and Pyke is competitive again her win rate will take a hit. "Once tank items are buffed" lol do we have the same balancing team here? Tank items have been a joke for multiple seasons, but they like it this way so it's never getting fixed Might as well say when it snows in hell
: I'll get roasted for saying so, but... ah well, the problem isn't with Akali, it's with the balance team themselves. Akali and many others could theoretically be balanced, even with their unique kit mechanics like true invisibility... but because Riot makes all the money in the world (for not doing their job)... Your issue is with sustain. This problem affects: Akali, Aatrox, Caitlyn, Cho'Gath, **Darius**, **Draven**, **Fiora**, Illaoi, **Irelia**, **Jax**, **Yi**, Vladimir the list goes on and on... but... if you can name me a broken champion, chances are they'll be balanced out by balancing sustain. Unfortunately, many people ignore that and choose to blame the champion themselves like you've just done and, so, the issue never gets resolved. You notice Fiora? Darius? Yasuo? Akali? Aatrox? Lots of healing, right? It's almost like the healing is stacked _onto_ their kit, sometimes in ways that don't even make sense (Irelia) and the champions who don't have self-healing are in turn overloaded as fuck because they, otherwise, _can't keep up._ We have CertainlyT to thank for this, but fortunately he's not going to be designing LoL anymore after releasing yet another ~~overloaded champion~~ balance nightmare. Edit: in some cases, the healing IS literally stacked onto their kit ({{item:3146}}{{item:3812}}{{item:3072}} or Fleet Footwork/Conqueror) and a 40% healing reduction just isn't enough to deal with something like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Inari Fox Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TvyQWAIE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-29T04:32:49.871+0000) > > I'll get roasted for saying so, but... ah well, the problem isn't with Akali, it's with the balance team themselves. Akali and many others could theoretically be balanced, even with their unique kit mechanics like true invisibility... but because Riot makes all the money in the world (for not doing their job)... > > Your issue is with sustain. This problem affects: Akali, Aatrox, Caitlyn, Cho'Gath, **Darius**, **Draven**, **Fiora**, Illaoi, **Irelia**, **Jax**, **Yi**, Vladimir the list goes on and on... but... if you can name me a broken champion, chances are they'll be balanced out by balancing sustain. Unfortunately, many people ignore that and choose to blame the champion themselves like you've just done and, so, the issue never gets resolved. > > You notice Fiora? Darius? Yasuo? Akali? Aatrox? Lots of healing, right? It's almost like the healing is stacked _onto_ their kit, sometimes in ways that don't even make sense (Irelia) and the champions who don't have self-healing are in turn overloaded as fuck because they, otherwise, _can't keep up._ We have CertainlyT to thank for this, but fortunately he's not going to be designing LoL anymore after releasing yet another ~~overloaded champion~~ balance nightmare. > > Edit: in some cases, the healing IS literally stacked onto their kit ({{item:3146}}{{item:3812}}{{item:3072}} or Fleet Footwork/Conqueror) and a 40% healing reduction just isn't enough to deal with something like that. The problem (as an illaoi player) is that that sustain has to be there and has to be at least as good as it is because ranged melee matchups are already completely fked top lane where picking a melee before your opponent locks in means they auto lock in kayle, kennen, vlad, or ryze and harass you to death and don't let you play the game while also scaling 2-3x better. More healing reduction will make this problem much worse. Kled has already been top tier for multiple patches because literally no sustain based fighter can all in him on even terms because of his random 60% heal reduce
: Not if you're something like Jax (Inb4 URF AP Jax), Ornn, Swain, Ryze, Darius, Pantheon, Aatrox, Camille, Urgot, Tryndamere (inb4 AP trynd), Cho'Gath, Yorick. Just naming a few. If Akali picks Conqueror she can literally stack it in 2 seconds still having 2 out of 3 abilities off cooldowns. How can you outsustain it? And how is Akali "falling off" late?
> [{quoted}](name=Ensign Tor%%%%,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TvyQWAIE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-29T05:12:00.209+0000) > > Not if you're something like Jax (Inb4 URF AP Jax), Ornn, Swain, Ryze, Darius, Pantheon, Aatrox, Camille, Urgot, Tryndamere (inb4 AP trynd), Cho'Gath, Yorick. Just naming a few. > > If Akali picks Conqueror she can literally stack it in 2 seconds still having 2 out of 3 abilities off cooldowns. How can you outsustain it? And how is Akali "falling off" late? Just saying ap trynd is no longer a thing. They more than halved his ap scalings a few months ago
: By the time the game hits Elder it needs to end. It is a later version of Baron.
5050BS (NA)
: The problem is that it only means who ever gets Elder wins and the team with the Dragon Soul has a much better chance of that.
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEkldh8R,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T17:14:31.676+0000) > > The problem is that it only means who ever gets Elder wins and the team with the Dragon Soul has a much better chance of that. I'd say they should just flatten it. Make it even for both teams regardless of previous drakes but please god remove the execute soon lol
: Master Yi doing 50% of a tanks health as True Damage what the hell?
50%? That's absurd. Usually it's 80-90% for master yi
: Ummmm what? If she gets to late game then yeah she is really good BUT THAT IS YOUR FAULT NOT THE GAME. Once she gets range SHE STILL DOES NOTHING IN TERMS OF DAMAGE basically every champion beats her. Nothing she has is good in the early game her mana cost are a bit high while having pretty low damage due to her needing items to help her auto.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xNA3iAv1,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T21:16:06.914+0000) > > Ummmm what? If she gets to late game then yeah she is really good BUT THAT IS YOUR FAULT NOT THE GAME. > > Once she gets range SHE STILL DOES NOTHING IN TERMS OF DAMAGE basically every champion beats her. Nothing she has is good in the early game her mana cost are a bit high while having pretty low damage due to her needing items to help her auto. Idc that she does good damage late game. If she wasn't a ranged bully all lane into all melee matchups it would be fine. The cancer is the archetype of bully in lane and outscale anyways
Show more

Minimac2000

Level 270 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion