: SIvir dark harvest ricochet
Yeah, I always wondered about that. IIRC, spawned minions (Heimer turrets, Zyra plants) used to not proc it too, but that was fixed ages ago. I wonder if this was just missed in that.
: DOWNVOTER! YES YOU, COWARD! SHOW YOURSELF! USE YOUR WORDS AND TELL ME WHY YOU DISAGREE! I SUMMON YOU COWARD! LOWEST OF THE LOW! APPEAR AND FACE ME!
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQurdepv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T04:03:45.405+0000) > > DOWNVOTER! YES YOU, COWARD! SHOW YOURSELF! USE YOUR WORDS AND TELL ME WHY YOU DISAGREE! I SUMMON YOU COWARD! LOWEST OF THE LOW! APPEAR AND FACE ME! I down voted, but for the sake of this message alone. I might have been convinced to up vote, but this sealed the deal.
: PBE goes down for maintenance daily when they do updates. This is normal.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T33YBdBm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:20:45.429+0000) > > PBE goes down for maintenance daily when they do updates. This is normal. You truly lived up to your name, here. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
SS1986 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iHNUPLeA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T23:11:09.052+0000) > > You're not getting banned _just_ because you play jungle. You're getting punished because you're breaking the rules. This will happen regardless of the role you play. > > You're also not getting banned off of one game, you have multiple chances to reform and after 1 or 2 punishments you should know that negativity is unacceptable. > > Nobody should be above punishment. This goes for every video game **and **real life, not just League. Yes I am cause if I play any other role people leave you the fuck alone unless your 0-5 in jg your getting flamed cause there 0-5 and suppose to magically fix it honestly you can't tell me any other role even gets 1/5 the flame even go to streams at high elo its the same thing even riot promotes there super toxic laners who all flame there jgers even then iron timmy thinks he is playing perfect like his favorite streamer and flames his jger to .
> [{quoted}](name=SS1986,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iHNUPLeA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-16T12:55:36.702+0000) > > Yes I am cause if I play any other role people leave you the fuck alone unless your 0-5 in jg your getting flamed cause there 0-5 and suppose to magically fix it honestly you can't tell me any other role even gets 1/5 the flame even go to streams at high elo its the same thing even riot promotes there super toxic laners who all flame there jgers even then iron timmy thinks he is playing perfect like his favorite streamer and flames his jger to . That is what the mute button is for. In fact, you should just /muteall when you get in game, if it is that bad. If someone flaming you triggers you to flame back, then make it impossible for you to see the flaming in the first place.
: No. This is not me being upset by a few games recently. I've not gotten anyone banned for this for three years. THREE YEARS. It's a legitimate problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Scottsc20,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8U5EQA9K,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-11T00:22:22.954+0000) > > No. This is not me being upset by a few games recently. I've not gotten anyone banned for this for three years. THREE YEARS. It's a legitimate problem. Gatekeeper is right - this is a rant and belongs there.
ZeroEnka (EUW)
: Can't login on the PBE
Best way is to open a support ticket. It isn't bothering support, as long as you are polite :-)
Easy08 (EUNE)
: Can't login in PBE
Did you use THIS user name (Easy08)? Have you signed up for PBE? If not, go here: https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-pbe-feedback/JtsFmpNI-pbe-sign-ups-are-open
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=0002000000020000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-10T20:07:45.449+0000) > > Report those when you see them. PB has a *lot* of stuff on it, and we definitely don't get everything, but we actually get more of those than you might think. you get almost 2nd to nothing. Even after updating rules I still constantly see passive agression on PB posts from both OP's and those who're commenting.
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=00020000000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T21:10:52.533+0000) > > you get almost 2nd to nothing. > Even after updating rules I still constantly see passive agression on PB posts from both OP's and those who're commenting. Then report them. Plain and simple. Posts that do not get reported are not likely to get removed.
Kanzler (NA)
: That's what I mean about nitpicking though. The poster already had a handful of the usual responses directing him/her to the support page. The comment didn't detract from the solutions that had been posted. There's another removal in a thread where the OP said "gg ez is the most offensive thing you can write. Change my mind". I 1-up'd him with "ez game ez lyfe". It was exactly what OP was asking for. According to the Poo, I wasnt being respectful to him/her?! {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> There's another removal in a thread where the OP said "gg ez is the most offensive thing you can write. Change my mind". I 1-up'd him with "ez game ez lyfe". It was exactly what OP was asking for. According to the Poo, I wasnt being respectful to him/her?! IIRC I saw that thread, and it was in Gameplay (I don't remember exactly, but I believe that is where it was). Besides the possibility that it was posted in the wrong section (would be better suited to Player Behavior), the "change my mind" style of posting does not usually facilitate constructive conversation. In almost every case it is a stubborn person posting the OP, and another stubborn person arguing the opposite. Once the two said people are involved, it often devolves into arguing. Instead of saying "I am firmly grounded in my beliefs, now you have to give me a reason why I should change my belief" (aka, "change my mind"), a better conversation would be "I think X, because Y and I'd like to hear what other people think". A "change my mind" post just implies that the OP is not truly open to changing their mind, despite what the title says.
: Really? because ulanapoo blatantly targeted me as a show of power. like hes some riot fanboy neckbeard. he blatantly absued and broke the rules on multiple cases and banned me when i pointed out his behavior. I cant imagine why him and a few others would spend years covering up ritos faults.
>... ** like hes some riot fanboy neckbeard** ... This, is another example of why your content may have been edited. The rest of your comment would plainly stand up to scrutiny, but this part. There is no constructive aim with this part. Edit: [Looks like Ulanopo beat me to it](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/EEsUUkvj-consistently-seen-the-same-mods-specialists-people-and-heralds-defending-and-censoring-corruption?comment=0002000000000000)
Rioter Comments
: Slow clap for the boards.
If you think that Riot uses the boards as the basis for their nerfs/buffs, you need to look back at the history of their champ changes. While, yes, they may use the community sentiment as one *factor* in their decision making, it is far from the be-all, end-all reason for any decision they make regarding gameplay.
Kai Guy (NA)
: MMR uses Bayesian interference Via MM adjusting its range to reflect your value. So streaks should be more common then not. Most players use absolutely atrociously low values for a streak, as if it is statistically significant. 3 games is very common even as gravity pointed out in 50% odds. Personally, I don't count a streak unless its 10 games+ That's a high value but its motivation for me and its observable very rarely. Thing is, RITO BROKE MY WINSTREAK BAD TEAMAMTES any game after 3, a low value ends a streak and Who the hell thinks, GG we lost because our team was vastly better then the enemy? Weak performances are the main reason why you would expect to lose, The fact people give up when 1 lane is out classed is fucking insane to me. If some one think the only way you win is if all 4 of your teammates are superior to the enemy and they personally make no impact on the result... so gg 1 lane lost why bother? Then they think, some how they are still the best person in that match? I don't get that logic at all. If you feel helpless, you probably are, and its because you in the right MMR. Normal are going to be RNG as hell because the reason people play them is not identical. Some folks wanna mess around with new builds. Some wanna play with friends, despite a big skill gap. Some folks just want a win, some want to pub stomp. Its not a great place to try and judge MM quality from.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cGMsFTPM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-09T22:59:04.268+0000) > > MMR uses Bayesian interference Via MM adjusting its range to reflect your value. So streaks should be more common then not. > > Most players use absolutely atrociously low values for a streak, as if it is statistically significant. 3 games is very common even as gravity pointed out in 50% odds. > > Personally, I don't count a streak unless its 10 games+ That's a high value but its motivation for me and its observable very rarely. > > Thing is, RITO BROKE MY WINSTREAK BAD TEAMAMTES any game after 3, a low value ends a streak and Who the hell thinks, GG we lost because our team was vastly better then the enemy? > > Weak performances are the main reason why you would expect to lose, The fact people give up when 1 lane is out classed is fucking insane to me. If some one think the only way you win is if all 4 of your teammates are superior to the enemy and they personally make no impact on the result... so gg 1 lane lost why bother? Then they think, some how they are still the best person in that match? > > I don't get that logic at all. If you feel helpless, you probably are, and its because you in the right MMR. > > Normal are going to be RNG as hell because the reason people play them is not identical. Some folks wanna mess around with new builds. Some wanna play with friends, despite a big skill gap. Some folks just want a win, some want to pub stomp. > > Its not a great place to try and judge MM quality from. I'm no stranger to statistics (my math degree was BS, with concentration in stats), but a cursory google search shows little in the way of authoritative sources, regarding how Riot actually uses and calculates its ranking. If you have such a source, I would love to read it! I blissfully admit that I read more technical documentation than literature in any given week/month/year/decade. For me, reading papers and technical docs **are** my pleasure reading. For the record, I typically see 7 or more games as a "streak". I fully understand that most of whether I win or lose is in my power (regardless whether I want to admit it or not, at the time). I agree that using three is absurdly low qualifications for win/lose streak. I do understand the mentality behind many of the losses, where a single shred of adversity destroys a person's will to continue. Being far from the best in 90% of my games, I have no delusion that "should be the best". I'm not saying that "my team is at fault", on the contrary, I am saying "my team is not likely to succeed", with "my team" including myself. Sometimes play styles just don't jive, and that seems to (on a qualitative level) happen or not in longer streaks. I am curious, which exact part of the logic you don't get? I never mentioned being helpless, so I am at a loss as to what you are referencing. As for "normals are going to be RNG". I don't agree. Just because there are some who will mess around and screw with different builds, there are at least as many who will play them as practice. The old saying "practice makes perfect" is not quite correct; a better version is "perfect practice makes perfect". As for your final comment "Its not a great place to try and judge MM quality from.", that itself is quite a leap of faith. Just because I do not have the ranked experience, does not negate the experiences, nor does it make it any less good to base an argument. Ranked "superiority" complex, if you ask me...
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-Ipsat90c&t=563s If you flipped a coin 20 times, over 50% of the time there would be a streak of 4+.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cGMsFTPM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-09T21:20:13.314+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-Ipsat90c&t=563s > > If you flipped a coin 20 times, over 50% of the time there would be a streak of 4+. While yes, (having a math degree myself) I understand that streaks can, and will, happen naturally **given that the probability is even to win vs lose**. That is the critical difference between flipping a coin, and a game where factors like human choice makes a difference. This is not the case in League. Based on the telemetry of the game that they have access to, they could paint a disturbingly accurate picture of your play style. For instance, if you are a turtle/make them come to you, play style, and they put you with a group of tower divers, you might not fit in so well. This might cause friction when you are playing, and cause missed opportunities in the game. This difference in play style could make or break the game.
Rioter Comments
Ýisus (NA)
: I never even mentioned slurs. Nonetheless, hate speech is free speech. You can find more on this by search the ACLU.
> [{quoted}](name=Ýisus,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=l4uiFO2E,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-08T01:47:05.708+0000) > > I never even mentioned slurs. Nonetheless, hate speech is free speech. You can find more on this by search the ACLU. [citation needed]
: Boards Usage Guide - Part 1: Boards Markup
Unless the boards back-end converts the html entities (˜) into their literals, this should fix the display of these sections > #**_~~Heading 1~~_** > ##**_~~Heading 2~~_** > ####**_~~Heading 4~~_** > #####**_~~Heading 5~~_** > ######**_~~Heading 6~~_** > > **(Heading 3 not available due to how spoiler works)** > > These headers are achievable by putting the corresponding number of pound/hash symbols **AND** wrapping your text as such: > > \#\*\*\_˜˜Heading 1˜˜\_\*\* > \#\#\*\*\_˜˜Heading 2˜˜\_\*\* > \#\#\#\#\*\*\_˜˜Heading 4˜˜\_\*\* > \#\#\#\#\#\*\*\_˜˜Heading 5˜˜\_\*\* > \#\#\#\#\#\#\*\*\_˜˜Heading 6˜˜\_\*\* > > As a tip, you can wrap a header in a quote to make it pop out more, similar to how it's done in each section of this thread. > Another new feature that'll allow you to make certain words or phrases stand out is the text highlighting feature. Right now, there are 4 different colors you can use: green, purple, blue, and red. Here's how you can implement them: > > * **_*~~Green~~*_** can be used by using the format: > * \*\*\_\*˜˜GREEN TEXT HERE˜˜\*\_\*\* > * _**~~Purple~~**_ can be used by using the format: > * \_\*\*˜˜PURPLE TEXT HERE˜˜\*\*\_ > * _*~~Blue~~*_ can be used by using the format: > * \_\*˜˜BLUE TEXT HERE˜˜\*\_ > * _***~~Red~~***_ can be used by using the format: > * \_\*\*\*˜˜RED TEXT HERE˜˜\*\*\*\_ >
Ýisus (NA)
: Where was the politics involved? Free speech is not a political ideology... Quite confused regarding this. Where was the "politics" - It seems you are extrapolating "politically charged" way past the scope. With your extrapolation ... what isn't "politically charged"? My post in no way had to do with Politics. Please enlighten me Ulanopo. Regarding: > in Gameplay, no less. It would make sense to put it in game play as this is where the action takes place. The speech in question happens while playing the game. It does not happen on the corner or at the bus stop ... it happens in Gameplay. Where would you rather have had this?
>Where was the politics involved? Free speech is not a political ideology... See highlighted text > ... _***~~push Chinese social policies onto North America~~***_ ... and > _***~~maybe they believe they are a divine leader like Kim?~~***_ ... Both of these delve into the political realm. That is why.
: Update: ESET Nod32 couldn't find it either. Tried MalwareBytes and that did the trick. Some Powershell based trojan.
> [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=wEOYRlh4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-21T02:28:10.769+0000) > > Update: ESET Nod32 couldn't find it either. Tried MalwareBytes and that did the trick. Some Powershell based trojan. You MIGHT want to consider changing ALL your passwords...
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=hG3Xuhwj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-17T20:06:39.193+0000) > > You're right in feeling that stickers can be used and be seen as being dismissive. I feel that way too sometimes and have removed posts I felt crossed a line. They're open to far more interpretation, however, than something someone took the time to type out. One is a person picking from a relatively small palette of emoji. The other is a deliberate statement. > > You might also have missed the following from your removal: > > Your response in that thread was not helpful and the action was intended to remind you to use the Boards more respectfully. Your other post in that thread remains up, as it was a meaningful participation in the discussion. It's hard to pick out, but OP has a point. The most effective use of stickers is for BM. When someone wants to pretend to be non-toxic but really wants to be passive-aggressive and condescending, usually in PB threads: {{sticker:sona-playing}} When someone wants to put whipped cream on top of their sarcastic comment: {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} When someone wants to put a cherry on top of the whipped cream: {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} When the flame war has begun: {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} When someone wants to make their disapproval clear, but in a mocking way: {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} When someone wants to convey that they enjoy being an asshole: {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} This one's used to express "I'm so hawt and you're beneath me, so don't mistake this patronizing gesture as a symbol of affection": {{sticker:katarina-love}} This one's "you're bothering me, but I pretend that you're not": {{sticker:vlad-salute}} This one's not BM, but 99% of its use is to put a decorative bow on objectifying someone's body (usually a champ/skin): {{sticker:sg-jinx}} If stickers were removed, I think it would be a net benefit for civil discussion.
> It's hard to pick out, but OP has a point. The most effective use of stickers is for BM. > > If stickers were removed, I think it would be a net benefit for civil discussion. Removing the boards (and all other communication media, for that matter) would be a net benefit to civil discussion...by entirely removing the possibility of negative (or non-civil) discussion. /sarcasm Just like how stickers can (and yes, are) abused, the same can be said about how words on the boards can (and are) abused. Removing one medium just means someone will use others to get the same point across, good or bad.
Barkley (NA)
: Might be against boards rules... Might also be one of the most commonly practiced behaviors on these boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=IYhkxXpz,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-15T03:53:18.076+0000) > > Might be against boards rules... > > Might also be one of the most commonly practiced behaviors on these boards. Just like any rules anywhere, just because one person is breaking them, does not make it ok for another to break them as well.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=IYhkxXpz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-15T01:21:34.494+0000) > > What was the comment? That's the only thing you haven't shared. Didn't think it's necessary as this is meant for the mods (who I assume can just check my moderation logs or w/e it's called) but the comment is: "That guy is D2 with his "inting" while you're still stuck in Plat." The person in question called the other player's playstyle "inting" so I made that statement.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=IYhkxXpz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T01:25:33.981+0000) > > Didn't think it's necessary as this is meant for the mods (who I assume can just check my moderation logs or w/e it's called) but the comment is: > "That guy is D2 with his "inting" while you're still stuck in Plat." > The person in question called the other player's playstyle "inting" so I made that statement. So Person A called into question Person B's play style into question, seemingly specific to a game (or several games). You thought the best response was to attempt to discredit Person A by calling out their rank, as if being a lower rank makes their observation less valuable? As Hotarµ said, that is, quite literally, the definition of Rank Shaming, which is against boards rules.
wolf jade (EUNE)
: so a few months ago i made a post saying how i talked to my team and how sorry i am.
: Yes well great. Glad they stole all my money. Nothin i can do about it i guess. Didn't even see the perma ban warning so whatever.
> [{quoted}](name=Dont Ban Anivia,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lTeVwVMa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T03:02:32.669+0000) > > Yes well great. Glad they stole all my money. Nothin i can do about it i guess. Didn't even see the perma ban warning so whatever. They "stole" your money about as much as you "followed" the rules.
Prandine (NA)
: Something I personally think could help fight vote manipulation is to display who liked and/or disliked a post. For example, say I liked a particular post, you would then see that that post was liked by me. It's not a perfect solution & may open up the door to more flame wars over people agreeing/disagreeing with a particular topic or point, but it is something to think about at the very least.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=BzXxKORK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:43:23.022+0000) > > Something I personally think could help fight vote manipulation is to display who liked and/or disliked a post. For example, say I liked a particular post, you would then see that that post was liked by me. It's not a perfect solution & may open up the door to more flame wars over people agreeing/disagreeing with a particular topic or point, but it is something to think about at the very least. While that would help to be able to do a visual inspection, realistically performing that visual inspection would still be laborious. I agree with your assessment that it opens the floodgates (I don;t think it is simply a door (-: ), to a whole host of other problems related to witch hunting/naming and shaming. I believe that you, the moderation team, should have the tools available to you to investigate, but I don't think that showing who up/down votes something is the right solution.
: > [{quoted}](name=AyreBiRabak,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=koYRPJlE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T19:50:01.260+0000)Do you expect me to pretend to be a fluffy rainbow unicorn in a place full of strangers? The rules do not require "being a fluffy rainbow unicorn," last I checked. You don't have to be nice and friendly -- you just have to not be insulting, condescending, or otherwise a jerk to others. > Rules mean jack shit to me. They never did. That's fine. Just be aware that a failure to follow them will result in a loss of posting privileges. What you do with that information is up to you.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=koYRPJlE,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000f,timestamp=2019-06-21T21:59:12.434+0000) > > Yep. When you hit "reply" on a post, the **Discussion View** functionality uses CSS to nest the comments beneath the post you responded to. Unfortunately, due to the limits of CSS, this means that eventually you run out of nested features. > > For example, if you know anything about CSS, you'll know that elements can be referred to by their specific tags, such as **.ns** for a *nested comment*. Since the nested comment style alternates for readability, the formatting is this: > > .ns, .ns .ns. ns, etc. -- color 1. > > .ns .ns, .ns .ns .ns .ns, etc. -- color 2. > > This allows the colors to alternate, but it ALSO means that eventually that formatting breaks, and all further comments use the last style declared by the sheet. The workaround for this isn't easy, so it's not really a programming failure -- you'll see the same sort of thing on Reddit, which eventually defaults to a **more comments** link as a way around the problem. Ew, it shouldn't be generating/using css like that. The alternating color should really be handled by a different class, and that class should be alternated at different levels of nesting. Creating css like that is not something I would allow my team(s) of developers to do. Just looking at it made me want to vomit {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: > [{quoted}](name=AyreBiRabak,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=koYRPJlE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T19:50:01.260+0000)Do you expect me to pretend to be a fluffy rainbow unicorn in a place full of strangers? The rules do not require "being a fluffy rainbow unicorn," last I checked. You don't have to be nice and friendly -- you just have to not be insulting, condescending, or otherwise a jerk to others. > Rules mean jack shit to me. They never did. That's fine. Just be aware that a failure to follow them will result in a loss of posting privileges. What you do with that information is up to you.
> [{quoted}](name=AyreBiRabak,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=koYRPJlE,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000011,timestamp=2019-06-21T22:05:01.768+0000) > > In other words, if you get passed limited amount of replies, your reply will show like you're talking to yourself. > > This is the most horrible programming idea I've ever seen in the history of horrible programming ideas. > No seriously, the only horrible programs I've seen happen to be fictional characters. I never thought I'd see such a thing here in real life. > > I'm no expert on this, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS! > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} The reason is that there is a finite width of the browser window. This isn't directly style related (though creating all those nested styles would be annoying), but due to how the boards were built. I took a peek at the markup in this thread, and it appears that, at some point, the code that generates the posts stops trying to be nested, likely to ensure that it doesn't get too narrow. If it kept getting narrower and narrower, it would eventually get to a point where there is no space for the text, and it is entirely illegible. The easiest solution would be to get used to chronological view, which does not suffer from this shortcoming.
: I think the problems with posting about a person's name outweighs the benefits. But let's start out with benefits: 1. Brings attention to problematic behavior or to a problematic summoner. 2. Can increase community awareness about such behavior Problems: 1. Rioter's don't have to look at the forums. They do look at the forums, but they're not obligated to read them like they are obligated to read support tickets. That means problematic behavior might not reach the eyes (eye?) that matter 2. Players should have the opportunity to reform; having their name and negative behavior can adversely affect that change. 3. Photoshop can be used to forge information, which could allow users to make up anything they wanted about players. 4. Players don't have access to all of the information, which means even when they do provide accurate information, it may not tell the whole story about that player. And there's probably some others I'm forgetting, but those are the reasons related to the no naming and shaming rule.
Don't forget: mob mentality / witch hunts. Edit: looks like Dusk beat me to it
Hotarµ (NA)
: > I have been thinking. If I, for example, /mute all, and just play each game to its end. No int, nothing at all outside of my role, then I in theory shouldn't tilt. Just act like clockwork, and move onto the next match with nary a word. I think the main issue was the amount of matches I played in a single day, so if I just set about 5 matches a day my overall behavior should improve. It takes consistent positive action and actual reformation for your punishment status to decrease. If you mute chat and stay silent, you won't make any progress.
> If you mute chat and stay silent, you won't make any progress. That is not necessarily true. While positive communication may accelerate the deescalation, it is not required. Several times, Tantram has confirmed that positive OR neutral behavior will decrease your punishment level, Not speaking to anyone in chat, would fit the definition of "neutral" in this context, as it is neither positive nor negative behavior.
iWuTaylor (EUW)
: I'm super happy yo like to write long messages and all, but please focus on the issue I'm reporting, I'll write it in big letters : E DID 800 DAMAGE
> [{quoted}](name=iWuTaylor,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=GEZA70b6,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-04T01:37:50.373+0000) > > I'm super happy yo like to write long messages and all, but please focus on the issue I'm reporting, I'll write it in big letters : > E > DID > 800 > DAMAGE As TheDjinn and others said: the death recap is not reliable. There have been a great many games where people have died from damage caused by a teammate, at least according to the death recap.
iWuTaylor (EUW)
: nasus ad 700+ E at lvl 10
Like they said, there was a Q in the middle there, if you listen carefully you can hear it.
Lemexis (EUW)
: Can we get a timestamp for the lobby chat in blind mode? Simple solution to role stealing
So, you have a faster connection, which means you get first crack at a role? That is rather unfair, especially since most people who join late would be forced to (very frequently) be support. > And by the way, I think this belongs in a "suggestion" forum, but I didn't find one, so sorry if this post is in the wrong forum. This would belong in GD, or possibly Gameplay (but usually Gameplay is intended to be in-game conversation, not pre-/post-game).
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Why is he even a specialist if he hasn't played the game since April 2017?
> [{quoted}](name=C0l0urless,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=LkLdHAVb,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-22T10:02:16.341+0000) > > Why is he even a specialist if he hasn't played the game since April 2017? Not everyone plays on a single account (as evidenced by prevalence of smurfing)
: > [{quoted}](name=SnupRawr,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=sjqdO3NB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:03:46.645+0000)watch this get deleted :3 I count zero reasons to delete this thread, nor do I want to delete it. So if you plan on watching until this gets deleted I would bring a book.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=sjqdO3NB,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:18:20.745+0000) > > I count zero reasons to delete this thread, nor do I want to delete it. So if you plan on watching until this gets deleted I would bring a book. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica set, and an Oxford Dictionary might fill the first 10% of eternity :-)
: Can't get [.bat]'s to load.
Don't run batch files (.bat). Probably malware.
: Why Can't I post in General?
Need a higher summoner level, I believe. You show as lvl 6 for me.
: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094737/ https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a25836020/little-movie-trailer-regina-hall-marsai-martin/ https://www.imdb.com/list/ls062772651/ all of which Same theme, same Level of clothes, All Pg 13 movies.
> [{quoted}](name=Halodjin Tyr,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=BtQgITWs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-17T02:42:36.875+0000) > > https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094737/ > https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a25836020/little-movie-trailer-regina-hall-marsai-martin/ > https://www.imdb.com/list/ls062772651/ > all of which Same theme, same Level of clothes, All Pg 13 movies. All of which are not the boards.
Terozu (NA)
: Why do the League boards darken my screen?
> moving the brightness dial to the left 1 then right back still brightens the screen back to th eproper value. No other sites do this. It sounds like you have a fairly old monitor (I don't know of one, off hand, that has dials anymore). If that is true, what rujitra said may be automatically happening by virtue of the screen wearing out.
: This is just another rant post to relieve stress over the problem with toxic duos
: RIOT SUPPORT DOES NOTHING ABOUT TOXIC/INFLAMMATORY NAMES
I have personally contacted support about several inappropriate names I have seen on the boards, all have been forcibly changed. While I cannot comment on your specific situation, I can certainly say that they do take action, even if you receive an automated/generic message back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XLAxwF2k,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-16T17:58:22.453+0000) > > The funny thing about matchmaking: it puts you with people at or near your skill level. If that are just trash, what does that say about you? the funny thing about that. Matchmaking is fucked buddy. I can be matched with all diamonds in my normals, not sure why they're in there. Oh because they're duo qued with an unranked friend. Either way if I see you I'll make sure you get a report, no doubt you play a mean soraka huh?
> [{quoted}](name=ggigotfed,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XLAxwF2k,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-16T23:55:36.557+0000) > > the funny thing about that. Matchmaking is fucked buddy. I can be matched with all diamonds in my normals, not sure why they're in there. Oh because they're duo qued with an unranked friend. Normals, and other non-ranked game types, sure. Given that most of the posts complaining about ranked matchmaking, I feel this was a reasonable assumption. Apologies for incorrect assumption. > Either way if I see you I'll make sure you get a report, That is your prerogative. You can report me or anyone else you see fit. >no doubt you play a mean soraka huh? I, honestly, am terrible at normal game types, so I almost exclusively play RGM or ARAM. As with everyone, I have good games and shitty games. There is likely some good and bad Raka games I have had over the years.
: Toxicity rate drops to 0. Thank you random citizen! I also get instant feedback every other game for reporting. But I like to report for people feeding. I feel being trash at the game is worse than a guy who says "poopoo head"
> [{quoted}](name=ggigotfed,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XLAxwF2k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-16T08:56:09.349+0000) > > Toxicity rate drops to 0. Thank you random citizen! > > I also get instant feedback every other game for reporting. But I like to report for people feeding. I feel being trash at the game is worse than a guy who says "poopoo head" The funny thing about matchmaking: it puts you with people at or near your skill level. If that are just trash, what does that say about you?
sAyCo (EUNE)
: For all my brothers and sisters out there..
Of all SoaD sons, why not the most relevant: https://youtube.com/watch?v=iywaBOMvYLI
PavLoo (NA)
: Jikker
Is there o a point to your thread, other than to call out a specific person for an unspecified reason?
: Can we get a Morde splash art background for "Report a Bug"?
Why not Elise? She is the closest to a bug that we have, Beemo not withstanding.
vatulika (EUNE)
: 80 view and 0 comment nice :)) no one can help me :D
> [{quoted}](name=vatulika,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=K9tWdJmv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-12T16:29:59.811+0000) > > 80 view and 0 comment nice :)) no one can help me :D Just relax. People don't just come here to solve **_your_** problems, especially when you post in the wrong section. If you have a serious problem contact Riot in a support ticket. No need to act entitled.
: I am a toxic pr*ck and I will never stop
Although it is an extreme step (and probably not going to happen), there is an easy way for Riot to prevent you from continuing your behavior: a cease and desist with your ISP. If you were anything more than a simple annoyance, they have that option.
Cheini (EUNE)
: League of Legends space program!
The LoL system requirements page, has all the words in the query. Remember, kids, Google search is not looking for what you mean, it is looking for what you say. https://www.google.com/search?q=program+space+of+legends+league https://www.google.com/search?q=space+program+league+of+legends https://www.google.com/search?q=program+space+league+of+legends https://www.google.com/search?q=league+of+legends+program+space all have the same result at or near the top (oddly enough, this thread show up first for me using "space program league of legends")
dalphy08 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HjILEnlh,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T20:18:17.394+0000) > > Really? > > [](http://www) > > [](http://www) > > [](http://www) > > These things you said _right here_ are probably part of the reason she left. You have basically said "Hey, I don't care about her as a person, a commentator, a community member, just give me hot chicks!". It is one thing to appreciate someone's looks. It is entirely another to judge them solely for their looks. I don't blame her for leaving, given that this was the attitude of many within the community. It's okay me'boy! She could use a good trainer, as could anyone really. We're all students as much as we are teachers! I was just saying she had a good look for the game! Maybe the company can mod it so she's only advertizing on my game client?
If I were her, seeing that kind of superficial, and extremely cringey, comment would make me want to leave too.
dalphy08 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HjILEnlh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-06T15:53:35.963+0000) > > Didn't she leave because she got tired of dealing with creepers all the time? Don't think she's going to be interested in coming back, not when the community is even worse than before. Oh well I wouldn't know anything about creepers as you say. And it's okay! We need some girls on the screen! Vonn Neumann would have wanted it!
> [{quoted}](name=dalphy08,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HjILEnlh,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-06T15:56:34.162+0000) > > Oh well I wouldn't know anything about creepers as you say. Really? > I never really paid attention much to what she was talking about, but it was a good touch to the game! [](http://www) > Ah I ran a little search on duckduckgo, and I saw she's kind of healthy, particularly in the middle! Haha :D [](http://www) > And it's okay! We need some girls on the screen! Vonn Neumann would have wanted it! [](http://www) > We should get her in a proper training program and then she'll be ready for a gig! These things you said _right here_ are probably part of the reason she left. You have basically said "Hey, I don't care about her as a person, a commentator, a community member, just give me hot chicks!". It is one thing to appreciate someone's looks. It is entirely another to judge them solely for their looks. I don't blame her for leaving, given that this was the attitude of many within the community.
Show more

Modi

Level 119 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion