FkValeRly (EUW)
: so basically a game mode where only AP champions can be played?
I was going to disagree but then I saw that they were converting ap and ad to their gold equivalents. Otherwise I think ad assassins would be the strongest if they were really just switched just because they could get a good 100-200 more adaptive power.
: The base rule is that spell vamp doesn't proc on true damage. The exception is that it procs on Conqueror's true damage.
With Morganna's passive being changed isn't Spellvamp 100% dead though? Ravenous Hunter, {{item:3812}}, and {{item:3146}} are all omnivamp. The later two specifying that they heal reduced amounts for aoe.
Done25 (NA)
: Change Janna's E bonus to Adaptive Force.
The bigger problem that nobody has mentioned i that it would be much more difficult to balance across mages than to balance across marksman. Someone like Xerath would get 100% of the duration on the shield while hitting you with everything, while Caitlyn or late game Tristana is the worse you have to deal with against marksman. I support supports being better able to support non marksman, but I feel that this would be a poor balance decision for Janna.
: I mean, I severely doubt that Piltover is going to be that involved in this regions' story. Maybe as some nuisance, but not as much as you're thinking. I think this image is mainly to show that there's something wild in the jungles, juxtaposed next to the hextech machinery we're familiar with.
I think the tank is supposed to represent a unifying threat to the jungle. That's important because they're establishing a faction within the jungle. previous attempts to conquer the jungle have ended similarly to early invasions of Ionia (except the jungle is meaner) where the land wins the battles. The Hextank is impervious to the jungles defences, so now the peoples living within the jungle must fight to protect their region. Piltover/Zaun will likely be the kickoff for the creation of this new faction. The jungle faction may continue on with things that don't have to do with Piltover, but I don't think Piltover will play a small part in their story.
: It's still possible to get some Bandle City lore out of this I guess. Despite the cute factor though am I wrong to think its a bit artistically lazy to give us a cat. I mean there are ways to make cats visually interesting and this one has some neat accents like the lantern thingy on its head and the gold whiskers and such.... but at the end of the day Riot is gonna give us a plain housecat as a champion? I think the Summon: Aery VFX is more visually interesting and thats just an Rune lol
I wouldn't say that a cat shaped cat is lazy. League is basically just humanoids and monsters in silhouette design. A cat riding on a book is actually kinda new and exciting.
: I would agree. However, Pantheon is faceless because of shitty design, not because of the desire to make him a super hero. I personally found his reason for facelessness kind of stupid, considering any other person you see wearing that kind of bucket helmet will have SOME part of their face visible, especially considering you CAN SEE WHERE HIS NECK DISAPPEARS INTO THE BLACKNESS. That's just plain stupid. Why does his neck suddenly disappear into a shadow, when his chin and the lower half of his face should be visible between the split of the helmet? I mean, by all means, keep most of his face obscured by the helmet. But parts of his face SHOULD be visible, unless his aspect eats his head and replaces it with a black portal to space. https://lolstatic-a.akamaihd.net/site/mount-targon/079694fdf251b5e7de788d9ab439d401d31ae160/img/champions/pantheon/pantheon-hero-mobile.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rYFcrsXE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T18:15:05.831+0000) >unless his aspect eats his head and replaces it with a black portal to space. This is canon until proven otherwise now.
: Well it's what the people asked for. I was there when the Devs made the post asking the community for feedback on how they should update Naut's lore. Did you all forget that? So maybe it was more than just Riot alone who "dealt a dirty one" here. Personally I'm unconvinced with this perception of a big shift, or at least need more convincing to support that. It's definitely no Skywalker from The Last Jedi or anything. But I've noticed people in this community are touchy about even editorial based changes to lore. So complaints like this doesnt feel like a surprise.
I actually didn't visit that thread. I don't really have any stakes in Nautilus's lore and just wish for it all to be the best it can be. However Nautilus did undergo a pretty shift in how he got here, and what he's doing. I don't think it's a bad one either though. Pyke delivers on the vengeful deserted better than Nautilus did, and Nautilus inhabit's a new niche that his mellow VO and atmosphere mesh with decently. I do hope that Nautilus does stuff though. "Ocean tax man that sinks ships occasionally" isn't a lot better than "resigned betrayed that fights in the league because why not", but maybe we'll get some cool stuff where he's wandering the depths and bumping into sunken stuff. ######(but mess with Viktor wrong and I'll Reee at you)
: Your commentary is awfully vague and open to interpretation. What exactly is the issue here? That because Pyke has a relevant quote, that somehow reflects poorly on Naut? Standing alone Pyke and Nautilus have nothing in common. A titanic diving suit compared to a bald water ghost. It's only their lore and thematic that arguably has overlap. The devs became aware of this and at least offered this very community what they wanted from Naut's lore and this community responded with what we have now. why you boing me, im right.
Nautilus went from revenge seeking titan to angry tax man. Pretty big shift.
: This is certainly a big improvement. But if we think about it and think on her recent mentions in the trifarex, I cant imagine Lb in her current lore showing all that much skin.
Tbf though Leblanc isn't in the Trifarex. The Pale One is part of the Trifarex.
: Is there such a thing as synthetic hex-gems? I've never heard of that.
What Aphid Man said. https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/camille/ 3rd paragraph of her bio.
Moody P (NA)
: Volibear. I was much more interested in him as a shaman leading people that weren't mind slaves.
I like the new Volibear, but I had no investment in the now gone forever Volibear. I was surprised when I didn't see anyone complaining about him getting retconned. Sorry you lost your bear.
: I think Victor doesn't use Hextech. Jayce destroyed the only Brackern crystal in his possession and the following raid of Jayce's laboratory to retrieve more crystal shards was unsuccessful.
Viktor does use hextech. That is why he has his Hexcore. The fact that he's not using a Brakern stone just means that Viktor likely uses a synthetic hex-gem.
: Personal opinion: season 9 has become the hardest one to carry and win games in
: Possible Lore Discrepancy
There's a possibility that Jayce is older than he appears. Camille is given a youthful appearance by the magic of her hextech crystal. Otherwise she's about a century old, but doesn't look it. Jayce is frequently exposed to a bit of magic from his shard, but he was also exposed to the destruction of the rest of the crystal. It wouldn't be a huge leap for his aging to have been slowed down by that event. While it isn't a time stamp it's worth pointing out that the first three paragraphs of Blitzcranks bio read as "Shortly after the development of hextech, inventors and scientists flocked to Zaun, a place where they could experiment with volatile materials undeterred by the stringent regulations and rules of Piltover. Their experiments often ended in disaster, with entire buildings destroyed and toxic chemicals spilled into nearby streets. A team at the College of Techmaturgy developed steam-powered golems who would remove the hazardous debris, a task deemed too dangerous for even the most desperate of Zaunites. The golems labored tirelessly through the streets, carrying waste to the growing number of disposal sites around the city. Even among such hardy machines, accidents were common, and the automatons were frequently sent back to the college in pieces. Dredging up slime at the bottom of Zaun was no easy task, and acidic, noxious chemicals gradually wore down their metal shells. An ambitious young inventor known as Viktor longed to create a durable machine that could clean more effectively and eliminate the need for costly repairs. He gathered broken parts from the retired golems, avoiding the flashier components popular among his peers. Even employing an assemblage of unwanted materials, Viktor designed a more resilient machine." Viktor's bio has this paragraph "In the midst of his studies in Piltover, a major chem-spill devastated entire districts of Zaun, and Viktor returned home to offer his help in the rescue efforts. By grafting a sophisticated series of cognitive loops upon existing automata-technology, he crafted a custom-built golem, Blitzcrank, to help in the clean-up. Blitzcrank was instrumental in saving scores of lives and appeared to develop a level of sentience beyond anything Viktor had envisioned." So all things considered. Viktor and therefore Jayce, could have been growing up during the birth of hextech. Jayce could conceivably be in his eighties or older.
: Jayce just has older lore that's in need of an update.
This lore was introduced after Camille's stories and Bio, so that's not applicable, or at least not an acceptable excuse.
: When botlane flames you for no ganks or roams.
Personally I usually go with E. Gank top again
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Today, they have sex change procedures... Everything ia possible m8
You don't even have to go that far. Mordekaiser is just a suit of metal, so he could just be the chain bikini. Maybe he has a weird harrowing that goes pretty bad and all he's got to form his body with is a pair of boots, a pair of gauntlets, a helmet and a shiny metal codpiece.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=93aHlnt4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T09:09:20.601+0000) > > Woops. I actually just grabbed the two that were next to each other on S@20 guess those were both reversed. The only one thats inverted is Fuzz Fizz Prestige Edition, but that ones splash art wasnt designed to connect to the other one.
Flipped it and put it in.
: You posted the inverted version. Dogs are suppose to be on the left side, cats on right. Reason...because Kindred should be showing 10 and not 01. And Loading Screens show Fizz and Corki on the left side, while Rengar and Yorick on the right side. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/46/April_Fools_Versus_2019_Promo_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190305205129
Woops. I actually just grabbed the two that were next to each other on S@20 guess those were both reversed.
Rioter Comments
: Urf is a toxic wasteland.
My theory on it would be that Urf promotes selfishness. Most of Urf involves having fun at the expense of others. When you're Garen you deny the enemy the chance to do anything but see a grey screen because you know the same would happen the other way around. I think that over time that idea pervades other behavior in the game. Ultimately encouraging an ideology where you're simply trapped in a game that you can't play, because the enemy rolled better, so you may as well disregard the rules and fuck around.
Jamaree (NA)
: Gen 8 of Pokemon just got announced
I think the biggest argument against the "leak" is on the legendary Pokemon. We've got two things that could lead us in the direction of what they could be. The wolf head imagery on the sword and shield, and the beaked biped carved into the hillside. Along with the Biped we've got some storm looking stuff, and some lil biped things. None of that imagery has anything to do with "metal snake" or "wooden horse". A wooden horse themed after oak trees could maybe work for a Britain inspired legendary, but the snake is outta left field as far as I know.
: Morgana's springy torso
They told me I could be anything, so I became a slinky. As Paletongue said it probably looks fine from above.
: I guess stuff like Twin Shadows {{item:3905}} Plus if you're a mage support just build AP. Simple as that
Not items for mage supports. Items for supports supporting mages. Although I've got no idea what it would have to be.
: They pretty much said the whole league community agrees with what they said. Even if it's just riot-russia saying it, they're speaking for the whole community. > Although formally this is not prohibited by the rules, and Riot Games, and the wide gaming community of League of Legends, took this as a manifestation of disrespect for the players of the Vaevictis Esports team. Unless this is an error in translation obviously.
Pretty sure the only way the community at large may have (or otherwise be interacting with) their backs is with pitchforks. I hope big Rito does something about this besides let it blow over. Sure it may only ever effect players on the Russian server, and from what I understand Russia isn't a large server so it effecting who they field won't really effect invitationals or worlds very much, but it'll be a stain on Leagues image.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=IHHWqGEh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-22T16:56:00.634+0000) > > Was it the whole of Riot that issued the warning or the people running League Esports for Russian server? I dont know the details, but im pretty sure it was just the department responsible for the russian server.
Oof sucks to be big Rito right now. They had just snuck away from the last bit of this kind of BS, and now they're getting thrown right back into it.
: The Irony of the ROX Warning
Was it the whole of Riot that issued the warning or the people running League Esports for Russian server?
: There are few issues remaning though: - Kayle humanity was also the reason she let Morgana redeem the guilties if they had a chance. - Morgana was never at fault in the story and Rotan's death was passed by as Kayle's doing rather than the result of a clash where both blindedly attacked each other. If Morgana wasn't depicted as the perfect and caring character she is now or if Kayle was set to walk a path that would definetly make her a better character (and not an even more blind one as the whole "being an aspect of justice is a bad thing because it removes part of your humanity" is the morale of both bios) then we would have them on equal ground and the discussion wouldn't be that heaten.
I will contest Morgana being perfect and caring. I feel there is something being left out of the Bios. Namely the Method of redemption, and who decides whether they are rehabilitated. I would also disagree with justice being bad because it costs your humanity. Being a pawn of Targon costs your humanity. After listening to her VO Kayle definitely represents a very dark Justice. She's authoritarian and believes everything is either good or evil. I still disagree with people who claim that Kayle was changed to be her current iteration. Because before the story was that she was a lawful authoritarian who was so rigid her sister became a rebel leader and learned dark magics in order to fight back.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Kayle's archetype is misunderstood and here is why
Kayle in old lore was a lawful extremist. Kayle in the new lore is a lawful extremist that wants to remove her emotional bias. I would guess that people are being thrown off because the last emotional thing that happened was Kayle and Moragna's father being killed. This leads them to believe Kayle wishes to become emotionally detached so that things like her father don't effect her. However that is short sighted as just a couple paragraphs ago Kayle flips out, and almost just starts killing people, because Rotan was killed. All the colateral damage that occured across the entire city was Kayle's fault for her emotional attachment to Rotan. If Rotan would have been killed somewhere without Morgana would Kayle have burned an entire city of innocents in revenge? Perhaps that's the question that drove her to mount Targon to seek "celestial clarity".
: Thank you so much. Glad you liked it! It's funny, each of the projects I do I tend to put in different mental buckets based on various musical tastes. I literally think, this character to should appeal to people who like "this or that genre of music." Rakan, Kled, Zoe, Aatrox, and Volibear each relate to different types of music. It's possible Volibear is the most "metal" thing I've ever written-- even more than Aatrox's short story.
So judging by the fact that Volibear is trying to resurrect, and the fur is gone (possibly burned?) off half his face. Does that mean Ornn "won" their fight? Or maybe just the most recent fight? Has Voli been through this resurrecting process before? I would suppose he probably doesn't see this brutal slaughter as any different than normal predation. So 1. Did Ornn "kill" The Volibear, or something else? 2. Is Volibear killed and resurrected frequently?
Rodsquad (EUW)
: You gotta take away Morde's armor now too
"his chest armor should really have a cool downward spike that totally wouldn't impale him should he lean forward." Technically he's an empty suit of armor so it really couldn't. In fact minimal armor Morde kinda makes sense because most conventional weapons would only be able to hit armor anyways. Would probably make him sad though since he probably enjoys the futility of it when people try to penetrate his armor.
: Was Darth Vader good or evil? Discuss.
You can dismiss Anakins actions as _maybe_ redeemable, and consequences of extreme stress. Continuing to serve Palpatine is a choice to suppress and kill people though and would make him evil. But then you can argue that Vader can't be evil or good because he is the broken shell of a man who is no longer human. Vader is Palpatine's weapon and not capable of making decisions beyond his orders. However In the second (5th? whatever.) movie Vader offers Luke the possibility to overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy together. That moment either damns Vader as evil or is the point where he stops being just Palpatine's weapon, and gains the spark Luke uses to turn him. That said, The fact that he was redeemable at all really makes me feel that he was evil. As my dad said when I talked to him about this. The better question is whether or not killing Palpatine redeemed Vader. Either way, I haven't looked at the Kayle content (~~besides the bodysuit which I'm disappointed in~~ removed salt for now because I saw [twitter](https://twitter.com/RiotAugust/status/1097987114531119104) thing). However I'm going to guess that the transition here is a question of "Is it evil to turn yourself into a weapon/tool incapable of seeing morality". The answer of course, is maybe. Edit after reading Kayle's bio I don't understand the op's problem with Kayle's story so far. Kayle's just going to purge her emotional flaws. I don't understand where the accusation of evil comes from. Other than a belief that removing one's own humanity is evil. Of which I must wholly disagree. Pave the way. Furthermore the entirety of Kayle and Morganna's fight was because of Kayle's emotional flaws. Ronas broke her accord with Morganna, and tried to arrest/imprison her and was thus being unlawful. Unbiased law should view that no different than an abductor being killed by the abductee. It was self defense. Would Kayle support Viktor's Evolution?
: Really? I thought she looked amazing, especially the wings and sword, what do you find her new look lacking?
It's a shame that 1/3rd of her armor got turned into a bodysuit. I assume it's to try and break up the boring white that makes up most of her outfit, but I think they should have just kept with the golden armor instead. Her Wing to body ratio changed as well so that's going to throw people off. That said, she looks okay from overhead, and the lack of detailing on parts of her body that aren't in clear sight is something that has to be done for efficiency. People will get used to it eventually.
: In ranked I can understand this, but I'm strictly a Normals player, and frankly I should be allowed to just leave when I feel like it in a non-competitive game mode. Most of my tilting/frustration moments come from feeing forced to stay in a game that I no longer feel is worth my time.
So I understand the feeling and I get it in hopeless games too, but I disagree with you 100%. When you hit the enter que button you've already committed your time. If you decide to break that commitment then you deserve the punishment.
Saianna (EUNE)
: I wonder what's the difference pros/cons between comet and the lil aery fluffy thing? Isn't it the same?
Aery cooldown essentially scales with how close you are to your target. Against a single target when you can throw out something on cooldown to proc Aery it can proc a lot. Aery outperforms Comet on champions that trade frequently but don't have the CC to make some get hit by comet. Someone that's on more of a 15 second poke cadence, or has cc on their poke, will get a bit more use out of Comet since it still hits most of the time.
: What makes you think the song has any relevance to prime lore? It's not like Narrative devs were involved in the writing of those lyrics. Anyway, based on the next to nothing information that is canonical, the Lightbringer is a temple and its occupants act like local government for the towns. But theres nothing else to go on other than that.
If the Song does have any grounds in lore it would probably lean heavily on Demacia's origins and the Lightbringers current position as peace keepers. Perhaps the original Lightbringer was betrayed by the previous corrupt/non Demacian peacekeepers. They then formed the Lightbringers to overthrow them across the Kingdom of Demacia. It could also refer to the original "liberation" of Demacia from bandit kings and sorcerers. Really the only problem is that any metal song is going to sound a little harsher than anything you'd expect to be relevant to Demacian legends.
Falrein (EUW)
: How did Kalan manage to live on Fae'lor for years?
The story never said that living on the island _wasn't_ painful for Kalan. However the presence of the Spirit of Ionia on the island would show that the Island was still connected to Ionia's large supply of wild magic. I would suspect that the island had a relatively normal amount of magic, and that the plants were dead for other reasons. Probably either the native plants of Ionia are much more sensitive to the lingering effects of Syndra's magic than human sized animals, or that the plants were being blocked from growing in the first place to discourage permanent settlement.
: Personally I feel like this is a poor idea for advertising clothing. The reason why clothes are put on models in the first place is so we can see how they sit, shift and fit on actual people as opposed to the mannequin in store.
> [{quoted}](name=Sexy Jack Rabbit,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EqLVjd2Z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-01T07:38:25.525+0000) > > Personally I feel like this is a poor idea for advertising clothing. > > The reason why clothes are put on models in the first place is so we can see how they sit, shift and fit on actual people as opposed to the mannequin in store. The important thing to realize is that this isn't to advertise clothes, but to advertise a brand. If you make a thousand cute anime girls with your brand name on them you can upload them online and they'll be spread around and hosted at no cost to you. There is a fair bit of value in just saturating something with your brand's name especially if it only costs you 50~(?) dollars a picture then you don't have to spend anything past the first upload.
: New VS event hate
My complaint is that they are sabotaging the dogs by putting Fizz on their side. How is that fair? The skin was probably selected by someone who likes cats and wants dogs to lose.
: I... don't agree with this take. The idea is to make the opposition threatening, he is slaying EVERYONE in his ways. EVERYONE. It is the number of people taken, the idea of incoming doom, the "easiness" of their death even. You present him and you don't know how strong he is, but you see during the comic that he never falter, he never go back, he kill everyone in his path. That is how you make a buble pop, how you introduct a narrative to a new dynamic. It isn't about Ashe's internal problem with her mother apparent madness, it isn't about the quest when he is here, it is about a new doom. Something that just destroyed among Freljord best warrior. I think it is fair, I think it show that people that are spoken as incredible warrior are kind of "no match" against him. It prove how terrifying Lissandra army truly is.
There's also the fact that while Yrael may have been a badass he was still starving. No doubt the fight would have gone totally different if the frostborn weren't all starved.
Cetri (NA)
: This. In one of his stories, Ez mentions the pomade (hair gel) he uses is called Lightfeather. Jar of Lightfeather. Jarro Lightfeather.
That's amazing. I didn't notice that and love it now.
Bârd (NA)
: If you want something busted, the two best candidates are Corki and MF. Because of how the ratios work with Hijack, Bullet Time ends up dealing 920% AP physical damage. Corki's rockets are much better on Sylas than they are on Corki. Each one is a passive proc, meaning you get seven extra passive procs. Also, because the "per target CD" is based on the CD of that champion's ult, you can *always* steal it.
Doesn't Sylas's ult not effect MF's ratio because it's hybrid? "Sylas converts non-hybrid AD ratios into AP ratios, granting him .5 AP: 1 Bonus AD and .4 AP: 1 Total AD respectively." So he'd only get the 20% ap ratio
Altronza (NA)
: Hm true, but doesn't Kassadin have as its described Void magic from the stone. And that the sword he has actually frightens the creatures when he delves into the void. -Thinking now the biological aspect mixed with magic has more evidence with Kai' sa due to her merging and then with Kassadins void stone. But since it is another world much like the targonians I think that its effects would probably be halved or completely noneffective. But as no void creatures threaten Demacia or even reside in its territory where Petricite is common I feel there is an effect of sorts. The Chemtech though.. Yeah by this point I think that its unaffected by Petricite even if they both originate as ores of a sort.
Pretty sure an unattended void attack is what got Taric banished. Also Chemtech could be relying on magic produced by a chemical reactions Edit "As morning lit up the temple’s overgrown cloisters, Taric finally decided to head back and check on his men. He was greeted by a scene of carnage. His troops had been butchered in their sleep, their corpses bearing the jagged hallmarks of the Void’s monstrous predators." So not only was there a Void attack in Demacia it would seem that it was identifiable as a Void attack in Demacia.
: Detective/Noir skins would be awesome
They should be in monochrome, or at least have chromas for monochrome. Do a whole event where they run the rift through a monochrome filter.
Artican (NA)
: Less LP Loss With An AFK or Disconnect in Ranked
Never going to happen because it encourages players to try and get others to leave games they believe are lost causes. The real and only reason it'll never happen.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=000100000000000000020000,timestamp=2018-12-19T21:12:58.698+0000) > > While Capitalist Christmas has been dragged back to the last two weeks of November and before the holiday itself is really only on the 24 & 25. That said, extra days of celebration are covered by the correct holiday multiplier. There is meant too be 12 days of Christmas.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=0001000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-20T06:25:48.087+0000) > > There is meant too be 12 days of Christmas. Oh, a quick google search certainly makes this a true statement. Not only that, but upon further [research](https://www.wincalendar.com/Holiday-Calendar/December-2018) the Christmas season can officially start on the 27th of November. Although I don't know how saturated the Advent stuff is among people who celebrate Christmas (I would bet that 25 days of Hallmark channel has a stronger presence). It would mean that Christmas can soak up 41 days encompassing the entire holiday season. Well I guess as long as you don't suffer a wrong holiday penalty it's the most efficient method. Thank you for making me refine the system. Merry Christmas to all
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T01:25:33.004+0000) > > Nothing, but "Merry Christmas" is specifically for one holiday, so by saying "Merry Christmas" you're telling them to have 2 good days opposed to the 2~ weeks represented by "Happy Holidays". Sure you can get a correct holiday bonus multiplier, but otherwise you risk only getting 1/7th of the possible "cheer" points. After all is said and done your multiplier from when you get it right might counter the penalties for wrong holiday making "Merry Christmas" a sub-optimal strategy for reaching the top of the "Cheer Charts". there are more than 2 days of Cristmas
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=00010000000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-19T15:42:00.598+0000) > > there are more than 2 days of Cristmas While Capitalist Christmas has been dragged back to the last two weeks of November and before the holiday itself is really only on the 24 & 25. That said, extra days of celebration are covered by the correct holiday multiplier.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T01:25:33.004+0000) > > Nothing, but "Merry Christmas" is specifically for one holiday, so by saying "Merry Christmas" you're telling them to have 2 good days opposed to the 2~ weeks represented by "Happy Holidays". Sure you can get a correct holiday bonus multiplier, but otherwise you risk only getting 1/7th of the possible "cheer" points. After all is said and done your multiplier from when you get it right might counter the penalties for wrong holiday making "Merry Christmas" a sub-optimal strategy for reaching the top of the "Cheer Charts". Merry Christmas also means happy Winter Solstice
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dtrgVjQi,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-18T22:23:28.763+0000) > > Merry Christmas also means happy Winter Solstice Hmm, I have not heard of this before, but if you have source or some people to back you up on this sentiment then it at least could be regionally viable. Christmas as a holiday was set around around the winter solstice to obscure other holidays set around the winter solstice, so I could see an argument that Christmas could also represent the winter solstice.
Tomosima (EUNE)
: Can you give me links to stories where Olaf is involved ?
https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/shadow-and-fortune-story/ Not really an Olaf thread but I'll assume you're trying to respond to people talking about Olaf. Has Lucian Olaf and Miss Fortune in it. plus some other champs as minor characters.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r6B4EgPA,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-12-18T10:35:53.722+0000) > > Lifts him with telekinessis, throws him into the ocean, he drowns. Tehnically it's not a battle so Olaf is killable this way Olaf has already seen his death, and it was of old age. Xerath *literally* cannot kill him.
But Xerath can defeat him. If Olaf ends up a paraplegic living off the gratitude/charity of some Shurimans that he happened to save by challenging Xerath then he still lives a long life with a quiet passing.
Show more

Mogarl

Level 113 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion