: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T06:03:05.779+0000) > > What grind?!?!?! Champs are now EASIER to obtain (ie the grind is LESS). > > I'm not sure what that Cactapus post was in reference to. However, let me run through a basic calculation with you: based on my 4 levels ups, it seems like the average BE per capsule is ~1000. It generally takes me 12 or so games to level up (with the first win of the day). This means that on average, each game is worth roughly 83 BE. People are generally throwing out the number 80 for average IP/game under the old system. Ergo, you earn a VERY comparable amount of currency per game, PLUS the chance to get a shard that you actually want, thus making that champ significantly cheaper to unlock. This contributes to a system in which grinding champs will be faster on average. > > What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Talking. About. ?. > > The guy literally said "giving away IP means we make less money". Please enlighten me as to how losing money doesn't directly affect their income. > > But it's not. It's been proven to be better. Facts don't care about your feelings. > > And you get on average the same amount you would have gotten in the old system. Again, your feelings are irrelevant to the facts. > > ? No? You literally just said "champions might be unlocked at the same rate". Ergo, if I only need one more champion, i will unlock it at the same rate as I would have under the old system, unless I get really lucky and pull a shard out of a box. Worst case scenario for ANY player regardless of how complete their champ roster is, it takes just as long to unlock champs. Best case scenario, it's much faster to unlock champs. Ergo, on average, it's faster to unlock champs. Objectively. Factually. Undeniably. I'm not sure how you are coming to these conclusions but you seriously need to check your logic. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} You do a terrible job of listening. The grind doesn't FEEL reasonable because you only get your currency every time you level up (every dozen or so games). Doesn't matter if you get more or not, it still feels terrible. 83 BE is actually less than the average IP per game, which was 87. I don't know what levels you went through for those 4 but it's important to know that any level prior to 30 is going to receive more BE. So keep that in mind. And going onto shards, we have a system that punishes completionist players. Out of 140 champions total, you have less than 1% chance of getting the champion whose shard your missing (0.75% of a chance, to be more specific). It already takes YEARS of constant playing to unlock all 140 champions without paying a dime. And guess what's going on those 4 years? Riot is releasing a dozen more champions adding another year onto the grind. And when that's done, another 4+ to grind for. The more champions you own, the more likely you are to grind more. This is a fact and you cannot dispute it. It is only faster for newer players, since they will have smaller rosters of champions. It does not actually improve the general acquisition rate post 30. You have failed to acknowledge that a smaller roster benefits for champion unlocks. After a certain point (right around acquisition of all champions 450-3150), it's MUCH harder to simply luck out as the odds are weighted towards lower value champions. And in regards to Riot Cactopus and what he said? You aren't looking at it appropriately. You're looking at the refund as a chunk taken out of regular income. This is not the case as it is a one-time loss. That does not mean income is reduced, simply that the company's profit margin is reduced for that month. You are acting like the refund would have permanently reduced the profit margin when that simply is not the case. So while you question the logic I have given you, and I don't mean glaze over what I've said and put in words that weren't actually there. People are still pissed at Riot's choices and rightfully so. You can choose to acknowledge the reasons they've given, or you can choose to ignore what is said. If you choose the latter, expect to be marked as a fool.
> The grind doesn't FEEL reasonable because you only get your currency every time you level up (every dozen or so games). Doesn't matter if you get more or not, it still feels terrible. How you feel is utterly irrelevant to the facts...and the facts say that the grind is less than it was under the previos system. That's it, QED, you're done. Stop embarrassing yourself.
realnoob (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0zIfbL8l,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-11-17T06:20:39.667+0000) > > Riot, however, is very good at banning players unjustly, waiting about 3 weeks while they post in the forums, then realizing their fuck up and reaching out to try to fix it. Never heard of this happening at Blizzard. I don't want to be rude or anything but tbh what you speak is bullshit
> [{quoted}](name=realnoob,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0zIfbL8l,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2017-11-17T10:56:04.888+0000) > > I don't want to be rude or anything but tbh what you speak is bullshit You've never seen a post titled "My account got hacked and I got permabanned"? They happen way to frequently, and it takes Riot literally weeks to take action.
: After playing so much Overwatch...
I don't think you've been playing quite that much Overwatch, then...True, League get's updated much more frequently, but those balance changes always result in a pretty hardcore "flavor of the month" effect where something ends up being disproportionately powerful. The only thing that Blizzard allowed to be OP for too long was Mercy. And tbh, having a resurrect skill in a game like that was bound to be a balance nightmare, no matter how you slice it. >Not to mention, they communicate with their players a lot more. I think the best thing about Riot Games though is their ability to take criticism. If Blizzard even thinks you MIGHT be calling out their development team, they'll delete your post immediately. For the amount shit of this these Rioters get, they got some thick skin... No. This is factually inaccurate. Jeff Kaplan (lead dev on OW) regularly interacts with the community. And you'll provide citations for Blizzard deleting posts. I have never heard of this. Riot, however, is very good at banning players unjustly, waiting about 3 weeks while they post in the forums, then realizing their fuck up and reaching out to try to fix it. Never heard of this happening at Blizzard.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T00:50:10.747+0000) > > It's not a nerf. They didn't devalue anything that you own. They have simply increased the price to obtain a set value. You didn't lose out on anything here. The content you are "missing out on" is entirely cosmetic and has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. This is my argument here. You aren't actually missing out on anything that you need to play the game, so why are you so vehemently fighting against this? Dude, are can you miss their point by so far? The point is: The orange shard changes not only affects free players heavily, it also affects paying players who ARE buying lootboxes too. Because when you devalue the skin shards from disenchantment as a whole, it not only means it's harder for free players to get free shit, it also means paying players are also paying more for their random loots unlocks as YOU STILL NEED ORANGE SHARDS TO UNLOCK THE SKINS AFTER GETTING THEM FROM THE CHESTS YOU PURCHASED WITH RP AS THE SHARDS COME FROM DISENCHANTING THE SKINS YOU DON'T WANT WHILE SKINS NOW GIVE ALSO GIVE LESS SHARDS WHEN DISENCHANTED. So if the average cost of a lootbox RP buyer unlocking skins through hextech chests, buying crates, opening them, and disenchant other shards in their possession to unlock skins is $5 on average per skin unlocks, well the price has gone up now, maybe $8 per skin now. So here's the deal, it's a policy change that hurts BOTH freemium and premium clients, as it not only cuts back the amount of free shit that can be enjoyed it also effectively raise the price tag for the product for those who wants to pay up (and now they're not so sure not since the price tag has been raised). And obviously changes like these that fucks over the entire playerbase, BOTH paying and non-paying, will definitely come with much negative consequences, it's not that hard to understand this surely.
>The point is: The orange shard changes not only affects free players heavily, it also affects paying players who ARE buying lootboxes too. BUT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BUY LOOT BOXES. THIS IS STRICTLY OPTIONAL AND IMPACTS THE GAME IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER. Clearly most people DID NOT buy loot boxes, or Riot probably wouldn't have had to make this change. The fact is, Riot realized that giving away skins was costing them, so they had to take action to ensure that the value of the stuff they were giving away was reduced. That's the only point to be made here. If you want to stop buying loot boxes, that's fine. I'm not trying to say that you should keep buying them. But your complaints are horribly misguided. Riot doesn't "owe" you skins and has absolutely no obligation to ensure that you get your own concept of fair return on your purchases. They are very clear about what you'll get for your RP. If you aren't satisfied, don't buy it. Simple. These complaints do not help your cause.
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-11-17T00:38:48.981+0000) > > O, please do enlighten me as to the cost of purchasing this game... Doesn't change that the grind should feel reasonable. This is more excessive than Warframe, and that is saying something. > O really? You'll be able to cite this then, right? Because here's a statement from a Rioter that very clearly outlines how the new level-up capsules categorically allow you to unlock champ faster (for free) > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/8atuoxqE-removing-all-runes-and-making-them-free-was-supposed-to-allow-easier-access-to-buying-champions?comment=0005000100000000000e0000000300000000000000000001 Yep. > [{quoted}](name=Riot Cactopus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o1hsbxt5,comment-id=001b0000000000010001,timestamp=2017-09-05T21:54:33.565+0000) > > So you basically want to know why it wasn't a higher percentage, right? I do think that's a fair question and we owe you an explanation, so let me take a shot at it (I'm stealing parts of this from other stuff I've been writing today on the boards): > > To understand this you have to understand our business model. We use the money we get from sellings things to make the game better. Giving away IP means we make less money, because it cuts into future sales of champs for RP (and that's a big part of the business model for our game). It's how we get money to reinvest in the game with new features that make the game better for everyone. > > So what we're doing with the rune rewards is giving up a portion of our revenue. Why, then, are we giving back some blue essence for each tier three rune you ever bought? Why not give nothing in exchange for runes, if it hurts revenue? The answer is that we understand that it feels bad to have something you paid for suddenly become free for other people. Given the broader context of how positive the upcoming runes changes are for the game, we think that giving a little something back is the right thing to do for players and for the long-term health of the game. > > The goal with the rewards we've announced is to recognize the time you’ve spent getting Runes and reward you fairly for it, without going overboard and hurting ourselves financially. That's the most straight and honest answer I can give you. "We are giving up a portion of our revenue..." This is a flat out lie. They are, at worst, taking a flat setback. Their income, on its own, is not taking a direct hit as a result of giving the refund. > But here's the thing: YOU ARE PISSED FOR CHILDISH AND FRANKLY INCORRECT REASONS. Riot has categorically and empirically made it easier to unlock champs. Runes are no longer something you need to save for. The only thing Riot did that was in any way negative was reduce the orange essence from champ shard disenchantment, which is where the profit argument comes in. To claim that the BE system is in any way, shape, or form encouraging RP purchase is so factually incorrect that Riot should just ban you people who make such a slanderous comment in order to preserve the sanctity of the community. Childish and incorrect? - The grind feels even worse than before. The focus is on First Win and that's terrible. - The model for rewards is shit (every 15 games you get currency). - Champions might be unlocked at the same rate but the focus is on upgrading champion shards. Players with more complete rosters are punished. There is NOTHING incorrect about those assessments. League is one of the few games that doesn't reward you per game with usable currency. And if you think I'm mad for the wrong reasons (Riot deliberately screwing over the player base), then you need to keep it to yourself or explain it to EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS RIGHTFULLY PISSED OFF FOR THE SAME REASONS.
>Doesn't change that the grind should feel reasonable. What grind?!?!?! Champs are now EASIER to obtain (ie the grind is LESS). I'm not sure what that Cactapus post was in reference to. However, let me run through a basic calculation with you: based on my 4 levels ups, it seems like the average BE per capsule is ~1000. It generally takes me 12 or so games to level up (with the first win of the day). This means that on average, each game is worth roughly 83 BE. People are generally throwing out the number 80 for average IP/game under the old system. Ergo, you earn a VERY comparable amount of currency per game, PLUS the chance to get a shard that you actually want, thus making that champ significantly cheaper to unlock. This contributes to a system in which grinding champs will be faster on average. >"We are giving up a portion of our revenue..." This is a flat out lie. They are, at worst, taking a flat setback. Their income, on its own, is not taking a direct hit as a result of giving the refund. What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Talking. About. ?. The guy literally said "giving away IP means we make less money". Please enlighten me as to how losing money doesn't directly affect their income. >The grind **feels** even worse than before. The focus is on First Win and that's terrible. But it's not. It's been proven to be better. Facts don't care about your feelings. >The model for rewards is shit (every 15 games you get currency). And you get on average the same amount you would have gotten in the old system. Again, your feelings are irrelevant to the facts. >Champions might be unlocked at the same rate but the focus is on upgrading champion shards. Players with more complete rosters are punished. ? No? You literally just said "champions might be unlocked at the same rate". Ergo, if I only need one more champion, i will unlock it at the same rate as I would have under the old system, unless I get really lucky and pull a shard out of a box. Worst case scenario for ANY player regardless of how complete their champ roster is, it takes just as long to unlock champs. Best case scenario, it's much faster to unlock champs. Ergo, on average, it's faster to unlock champs. Objectively. Factually. Undeniably. I'm not sure how you are coming to these conclusions but you seriously need to check your logic.
Arcathos (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T00:40:34.704+0000) > > So if Riot isn't hurting you, why do you seem to take personal offense to the situation? Also, Riot has clearly stated multiple times that skin shards drop more frequently. So the reduction in essence from disenchantment is in fact an effort to ensure that it doesn't become too abundant. But they are. They nerfed something I thoroughly enjoyed spending money on and now I don't get that enjoyment out of it anymore. Skin shards might drop more frequently, but overall, it's still a massive nerf if you do a little math. Either way, I can't argue with someone that literally cannot understand the difference between "free" and "not free". So I'm gonna show myself out. Good luck dude. I hope riot fucks up something you love to do and when you start complaining I'm gonna have a fucking field day.
> [{quoted}](name=Arcathos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T00:45:09.679+0000) > > But they are. They nerfed something I thoroughly enjoyed spending money on and now I don't get that enjoyment out of it anymore. Skin shards might drop more frequently, but overall, it's still a massive nerf if you do a little math. Either way, I can't argue with someone that literally cannot understand the difference between "free" and "not free". So I'm gonna show myself out. Good luck dude. I hope riot fucks up something you love to do and when you start complaining I'm gonna have a fucking field day. It's not a nerf. They didn't devalue anything that you own. They have simply increased the price to obtain a set value. You didn't lose out on anything here. The content you are "missing out on" is entirely cosmetic and has no impact on gameplay whatsoever. This is my argument here. You aren't actually missing out on anything that you need to play the game, so why are you so vehemently fighting against this?
: The worst part about this thread is its been pointed out to the OP in other threads that the in-game client addressed only Champions/blue essence shards and that the Riot Plz article is almost 4 months old and is not a specific announcement. He seems to be under the impression that EVERYONE was supposed to **read **let alone remember that single line hidden in a blog post from 11 weeks past, but never reiterated in other OFFICIAL FAQ or given with a ratio.
> [{quoted}](name=wyvern011976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-16T07:28:01.506+0000) > > The worst part about this thread is its been pointed out to the OP in other threads that the in-game client addressed only Champions/blue essence shards and that the Riot Plz article is almost 4 months old and is not a specific announcement. He seems to be under the impression that EVERYONE was supposed to **read **let alone remember that single line hidden in a blog post from 11 weeks past, but never reiterated in other OFFICIAL FAQ or given with a ratio. I was fully aware of this. I don't have any special insight or contacts at Riot. Tell me, how is this possible unless Riot put out some kind of notification? This is not rhetorical, I want a specific answer to this question.
Arcathos (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-16T06:20:00.049+0000) > > -snip- But... it's not "free shit"... if I'm paying for it. Also insulting me again, bad choice love. You're gonna have a bad time. Not to mention, I didn't even SAY I was going to buy more. That's the whole point. I'm not going to. So riot is hurting their sales by doing this. They are screwing over a decent chunk of their micro-transactions. You, personally, may not have bought loot boxes before, but myself and many many others have. And the fact that we no longer feel we will get our worth from them means that we will stop buying them. Hence why it was a mistake on their part. I'm not really "complaining" in the sense that I'm super upset, but I am saying that it is pretty disappointing and I will no longer be using my spare money to purchase these items in game anymore. And I feel like that's how a lot of others feel as well. We can live without the loot boxes, but it's fairly disappointing that we feel the need to give them up because of their worth being nerfed into the dirt.
> [{quoted}](name=Arcathos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-16T07:58:26.052+0000) > > But... it's not "free shit"... if I'm paying for it. > > Also insulting me again, bad choice love. You're gonna have a bad time. > > Not to mention, I didn't even SAY I was going to buy more. That's the whole point. I'm not going to. So riot is hurting their sales by doing this. They are screwing over a decent chunk of their micro-transactions. You, personally, may not have bought loot boxes before, but myself and many many others have. And the fact that we no longer feel we will get our worth from them means that we will stop buying them. Hence why it was a mistake on their part. I'm not really "complaining" in the sense that I'm super upset, but I am saying that it is pretty disappointing and I will no longer be using my spare money to purchase these items in game anymore. And I feel like that's how a lot of others feel as well. We can live without the loot boxes, but it's fairly disappointing that we feel the need to give them up because of their worth being nerfed into the dirt. So if Riot isn't hurting you, why do you seem to take personal offense to the situation? Also, Riot has clearly stated multiple times that skin shards drop more frequently. So the reduction in essence from disenchantment is in fact an effort to ensure that it doesn't become too abundant.
: I lost interest in what you had to say the instant you defaulted to "It's a free game" argument. They cut down on what we can earn for free to encourage more purchases. They have said this outright. To this, your likely response is "They are a business and need to make a profit!" A business still needs satisfied customers to make said profit. And Riot is pissing off more and more players. Even if Forums are a small sample, the fact is that it's still a huge percentage of unhappy players. And we end up feeling like Riot is creating smurfs for the sole purpose of trying to sound like normal players are happy with the changes or shouldn't bother to complain.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-16T08:06:03.870+0000) > > I lost interest in what you had to say the instant you defaulted to "It's a free game" argument. > > They cut down on what we can earn for free to encourage more purchases. They have said this outright. To this, your likely response is "They are a business and need to make a profit!" > > A business still needs satisfied customers to make said profit. And Riot is pissing off more and more players. Even if Forums are a small sample, the fact is that it's still a huge percentage of unhappy players. And we end up feeling like Riot is creating smurfs for the sole purpose of trying to sound like normal players are happy with the changes or shouldn't bother to complain. >I lost interest in what you had to say the instant you defaulted to "It's a free game" argument. O, please do enlighten me as to the cost of purchasing this game... >They cut down on what we can earn for free to encourage more purchases. They have said this outright. O really? You'll be able to cite this then, right? Because here's a statement from a Rioter that very clearly outlines how the new level-up capsules categorically allow you to unlock champ faster (for free) https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/8atuoxqE-removing-all-runes-and-making-them-free-was-supposed-to-allow-easier-access-to-buying-champions?comment=0005000100000000000e0000000300000000000000000001 >A business still needs satisfied customers to make said profit. And Riot is pissing off more and more players. But here's the thing: YOU ARE PISSED FOR CHILDISH AND FRANKLY INCORRECT REASONS. Riot has categorically and empirically made it easier to unlock champs. Runes are no longer something you need to save for. The only thing Riot did that was in any way negative was reduce the orange essence from champ shard disenchantment, which is where the profit argument comes in. To claim that the BE system is in any way, shape, or form encouraging RP purchase is so factually incorrect that Riot should just ban you people who make such a slanderous comment in order to preserve the sanctity of the community.
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8atuoxqE,comment-id=0005000100000000000e000000030000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-16T06:58:28.246+0000) > > It's not physically possible for me to not insult you when you make statements like that. Average exists BECAUSE of cases like this. It would be impossible to define/approximate values without the concept of the mean value. > > Anyways, here's why they don't just give you a flat amount of BE in each level up capsule: THEY ARE TRYING TO GIVE YOU EXTRA SHIT. It is categorically cheaper to obtain a champion in this system by upgrading a shard for that champ. By giving the essence in the form of a random champ shard, you have the potential of getting a shard for a champ you want, and thus easy access to that champ. Even if you only ever got champ shards for champs you already own or don't care to unlock, you would still unlock champs at about the same pace as the old system. Thought experiment: based on my level ups (not a good sample size, so this is a crude estimate), I would say that the average BE gain per level up is ~1000. With first win bonus, I'd say it takes me an average of 12 or so games to level up. That comes out to 83 BE per game on average (assuming my estimates are correct, and I believe they are because the magic number people are throwing out for IP/game in the old system was right around 80). So basically I get the same BE (IP) per game as before. However, if I happen to get a shard for a champ that I want, that champ just got substantially cheaper. So champ acquisition rates should go up with this system. IF you win IF you don't only get champion shards you own 90BE IF you are lucky IF you get more than 1 champion shard the average BE gain could be 90 BE per day. not the usual 80 to 100 ip per match. so if you play 12 matches that could be 1200 ip compared to 90 BE or 270 BE if you level up once and get 1 champion shard worth 90 BE thats 90 BE per 12 matches how is that the same O.o? and even worse is that BE is worth less than ip.... (btw i had only 1 champion shard once worth 90 BE already.....) its more of a chance game to be honest..... its almost like gambling :/ this system is horrible, whoever came up with this must be braindamaged. i just opened up 2 capsules and got 7 shards the total value of BE i got was 1710 BE, so according to you i need to play 12 matches on average to get 1000 BE ??? and yet i got 1710 BE which means i'm 290 BE short on the average? this is from 3 days playing btw..... but i would get 24 * 100 = 2400 ip previously per 2 days. thats a difference of 690 BE and 1 day more i need to play. and to think i was pretty lucky getting 7 shards and 1 that had a value of 630...... so i either got 630 BE or 1260 BE or 450 BE or 1080 BE from either capsule EDIT : out of the seven shards only 3 can be activated with a cost of 810 BE 810 BE and 1890 BE, i have 3962 BE, so i guess i could get the champions but barely, just imagine you are a veteran player the first couple of champion shards are easy to get but the higher you get the harder it will be and the slower the progress. its pretty frustrating too, so if i level up and get 1 shard of a champion i want permanent but i only have 450 + 452 = 902 BE and it costs 1890 BE again i would have to hope i can purchase it next level up, but if i get again 1 shard of 90 BE thats 992 BE but if i get next level up 3 shards one 90 BE and two 270 BE = 270 + 270 + 90 = 630 BE + 902 BE = 1532 BE i would have to level up at least twice to three times to activate 1 champion shard. since new champions cost 6300 well on average getting about 630 BE you would have to level up 9 to 10 times to purchase one champ thats 12 X 10 or 9 = 108 to 120 matches to purchase 1 champion compared to 6 to 7 X 12 = 72 to 84 matches to get 6300 IP.
>IF you win IF you don't only get champion shards you own 90BE IF you are lucky IF you get more than 1 champion shard I think you fail to grasp the concept of RNG and the term "average". >the average BE gain could be 90 BE per day. Confirmed, you don't understand what average means. The average DOES NOT vary from player to player. The average is DEFINED as the average value across all players. As soon as you put the word "can be" in front of the word average to imply that the value can be variable, you are just wrong. Plain and simple. >its more of a chance game to be honest..... its almost like gambling :/ Well, that's pretty much how gambling works, isn't it? EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT IT'S FUCKING FREE. You people also refuse to listen to Riot, so I'll see if I can help: the minimum BE per level-up capsule is 810. So there's that. Stop with this "but what if I only get 1 champ shard worth 90BE?" Well, that would be impossible, so stop using such a scenario.
Krigjer (NA)
: > It's not physically possible for me to not insult you when you make statements like that. I care very little about any information you could possibly tell me while you're behaving in such a way. Also: > The 810 minimum is either false information or **it is not working properly**. In my first level up to level 31 I only got 3 champ shards worth around 700 BE (idr the exact amount all i remember is i needed 860 BE to afford a new champ). So do continue to berate people despite what they're trying to tell you.
Fact don't care about your feelings, and I'm spewing cold hard facts. If they bother you, then real life probably isn't your cup of tea.
: 99% of the time that this is true, it's because you threw it in champ select. You either had no tank (or not even a juggernaut), little to no CC, unviable champs (Not just not the top tier champs, but champs in the bottom ~25 total), no coordination of any kind, or poor rune selection (i.e. Entirely mismatched choices, such as Kleptomancy on Darius). Or some _other_ issue that the balance team is literally incapable of fixing without _breaking_ your team's champions. If you're having that many issues, I suggest changing your bans away from merely annoying picks (such as Yasuo) to ones that are legitimately too strong right now, playing champs that work with your team, and essentially just being _better_. If you want longer games, I suggest moving _away_ from assassins, as having an assassin in the game essentially means that the game's effectively over by 15 minutes - either win or loss. Meanwhile, if you want shorter ones, move towards assassins. If you want to actually survive in a fight, take a tank (as most actual tanks are _really_ durable right now), or make sure tanks with a lot of peel are picked.
I mean, I'm winning most of the games so to say that I'm throwing is simply false.
Krigjer (NA)
: > I'll give you a brief intro: assuming that you play a statistically significant number of games (ie approaching infinity), you will not get above average. You will not get below average. YOU WILL GET EXACTLY AVERAGE. THAT'S how statistics works. To say that the average is not reliable in a statistically significant set of data (which the League population most certainly is) is just asinine. Then why does the average exist? Why don't they just make it a flat amount no matter what amount of games you play? Honestly. If you can explain the logic without tossing insults at me, it'd be great.
It's not physically possible for me to not insult you when you make statements like that. Average exists BECAUSE of cases like this. It would be impossible to define/approximate values without the concept of the mean value. Anyways, here's why they don't just give you a flat amount of BE in each level up capsule: THEY ARE TRYING TO GIVE YOU EXTRA SHIT. It is categorically cheaper to obtain a champion in this system by upgrading a shard for that champ. By giving the essence in the form of a random champ shard, you have the potential of getting a shard for a champ you want, and thus easy access to that champ. Even if you only ever got champ shards for champs you already own or don't care to unlock, you would still unlock champs at about the same pace as the old system. Thought experiment: based on my level ups (not a good sample size, so this is a crude estimate), I would say that the average BE gain per level up is ~1000. With first win bonus, I'd say it takes me an average of 12 or so games to level up. That comes out to 83 BE per game on average (assuming my estimates are correct, and I believe they are because the magic number people are throwing out for IP/game in the old system was right around 80). So basically I get the same BE (IP) per game as before. However, if I happen to get a shard for a champ that I want, that champ just got substantially cheaper. So champ acquisition rates should go up with this system.
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FOiEluyE,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-16T06:17:59.702+0000) > > You have provided precisely 0 evidence to support your point, and yet you call me "kid". You are factually trash. You are complaining about not getting enough free stuff. That's it. Done. No event passes have been sold this season, so this is not a valid argument. Stop it now and admit what you really are: a greedy "kid". The post is full of evidence for the literate. You are wrong from the first post to this one. You pull shit out of your ass when someone points it out, because you are child that cant admit he is wrong. Grow up kid or at least learn to read and reason. The fact that 3 passes were sold this season shows don't even know what you are talking about. Those skin shards from those events exist even after the season ended. No mater how mentally deficient you are there is no excuse for confusing something someone paid for with "free", and frankly saying it over over just makes you look like a dumbass. So have your mom explain how mediums of exchange work. There is literally nothing free in this game. Even the the cheapest trinket costs time, and the VAST majority of players are spending money. So grow up kid or even better just go on to bed, because you cant turn anything you have posted on this thread into actual fact. LULZ Says items from PURCHASED passes are free...... LULZ Says items from PURCHASED boxes are free..........
You desperately need a ban from these forums and I will continue to report your (incorrect) vitriol as you spew it. The fact of the matter is, Riot announced this change, so if you held onto any event boxes or keys or shards, you fucked up. That's 100% on you. Riot warned you, you didn't listen. Sorry, not sorry. And as for the event pass conundrum, THE SEASON LITERALLY ENDED LAST TUESDAY (or smthn like that, I can't be bothered with the exact date and time). There has absolutely not been even a single event pass since then, let alone 3. So I assume you are talking about event passes BEFORE the end of the season. To which I reply: how the fuck is that relevant??? You purchased these before the value of essence changed, Riot gave you ample notice of the impending change, and you either didn't heed that warning, or...well I'm not even sure why else you'd be this butthurt. Also, you are ignoring the fact that Riot stated in that same "riot plz" post that loot boxes would have higher skin drop rates, and guarantees that you would not go long periods without getting a skin or gemstone (ie increasing gemstone drop rates, as well). So while essence might be down, you can still get more shards and reroll them for a random skin. I'm sure this works out to be a comparable price. And if you think that's too much gambling, THEN FUCKING BUY THE CONTENT OUTRIGHT WITH RP. You also need to grasp that these boxes are free. You get them for free (well, perhaps you don't, wouldn't be surprised with the way you act, your honor must be level 1 or even 0). If you want to pay for more lootboxes, that's fine, but they are still given out for free. And so the content of these boxes must be balanced around this, or Riot will simply hemorrhage money. Also, seeing as how literally 0 people are forcing you to buy loot boxes, just don't fkin buy them if you feel their value is no longer worth the money. That's fine, no one is telling you that you have to buy loot boxes. And if enough people do this they'll probably up the value of essence or drop the RP cost of the boxes. But you are taking the side of people who want Riot to "fix" this, which is the very definition of entitlement, and highly childish.
Lovesick (OCE)
: Yeah....good luck making a comeback vs an AD assassin, Cho'gath, fed hypercarry or fed "control" (more like burst) mage. Deathballing just seals the fate of the team on the back foot since there's no real counter to that strat. outside of splitpushing which is unviable at present. Also, you're being generous in saying games are over by the 10-15 minute mark. From my experience games are usually over during the 5-8 minute mark. Pretty much whoever deathballs a slightly won lane first wins.
Yes, I was intentionally generous so as to avoid the Riot cucks that inevitably would have come on and went "akchually, I just played a game that lasted 21 minutes, so clearly you're just a negative person and surrender too quickly". The saddest part is that as I typed that (obviously a joke) the more feasible it seemed that someone in this community would say it...
Jabbic (NA)
: Matchmaking is just broken right now, most game i am in are decided before the game starts! So yea, being able to surrender sooner would be real nice!
idk about that. I'm also playing norms right now, can't speak for the ranked situation.
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FOiEluyE,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2017-11-15T05:51:31.372+0000) > > lol what are you talking about? What event pass? Who got screwed? You literally aren't even making a coherent statement here... > > Also, if you are insinuating that people had boxes or world's chests saved up, Riot literally announced in-client that you should open them before the end of the season for this exact reason. You people have literally no leg to stand on here. Riot has decided that they aren't making enough money on microtransactions, so they dialed back the amount of free stuff they give us. If you have a problem with that, then you are literally the definition of entitled, and you should probably grow up. Riot isn't obligated to give you orange essence or skin shards. Riot doesn't have to give you skins. There's a cash store for those. They are doing it because they want to give their players some freebies to entice people to keep playing and also to give us a more tangible reward system. EVENT PASSES are the items we bought (not free stuff) like worlds pass and the arcade event. Those all gave skin shards kid. You also need to get your shit straight and realize like many ignorant forum posters here you are wrong about the notice. The in client notice addressed only champ shards and blue essence it had no mention of ORANGE ESSENCE. As a matter of fact the only mentions of reduced OE was in a "Riot PLZ " article 3 months ago and a solitary boards post on the topic 2 months ago. Get your facts straight before you look stupid next time please. No one is talking about "free" stuff here. Cant help if you are a pleeb, but the rest of us bought merchandise and expected that the shards were not going to sunset unless the game went out of business. They basically set an expiration date for all saved shards that were bought with completely different expected values than what they are worth now. When you grow up and spend you own money on items you will not appreciate the seller reaching into your bag after a transaction and taking half of what they sold you back. So realize Riot was not giving us anything. They were selling us products and pulled a bait and switch. Just so you know kid when you buy something you are entitled to it much like you shitty opinion on the matter.
You have provided precisely 0 evidence to support your point, and yet you call me "kid". You are factually trash. You are complaining about not getting enough free stuff. That's it. Done. No event passes have been sold this season, so this is not a valid argument. Stop it now and admit what you really are: a greedy "kid".
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FOiEluyE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T06:39:10.955+0000) > > Ok, but none of Blizzards big titles are free-to-play (sorry, HotS and Hearthstone pale in comparison to Diablo, Warcraft (especially WoW), StarCraft, and Overwatch). Even to this day, the only thing we can spend money on for League are skins and other cosmetic items. By giving us a way to obtain them for free, Riot was willingly giving up at least a portion of their profit margin (even though I'm sure they ended up breaking even by appealing to the gamblers and and people who were like "ooo kewl skin shard, lemme just buy some boxes to farm orange essence"). > > As for people buying/opening hundreds of chests for youtube videos, first of all, they don't HAVE to do that. They are doing it as part of their fan service because they believe it will benefit their channel (and any monitization it gets) in the long run. Also, the problem you're facing is simply your reference point. You believe that because Riot "nerfed" Orange Essence gains that loot boxes suck now. But think of it like this: what if Riot had launched hextech crafting as it is right now? You would have nothing else to compare it to, and you'd think it was great because it gave you the opportunity to get free stuff. Clearly Riot (and/or Tencent) has decided that micro-transactions are no longer as lucrative, and so they reduced the amount of free stuff they give us in an attempt to encourage us to whip out our credit cards again. It's just a business decision. And as much as I hate some of the bullshit Riot has done over the years to turn a profit (I'm still rather offended by the introduction of Chromas) the reduction of orange essence isn't one of them. Obviously you don't comprehend that the vast majority of skin shards are from paid content like boxes or event passes.... Those items were sold as collectable until you were ready to craft or disenchant them. That means every pass and box had an expected value on average. So people who bought boxes and passes months ago thinking they could garner enough essence to eventually craft a saved shard just got an expiration date attached to something that was originally implied to be evergreen. The myth that this affected only the free box a week crowd is just that, a myth. It affected paying customers much more. BTW, Hearthstone is Blizzards highest grossing product now. They announced that in financials over a year ago.
One of two things is going on here: either the old loot system was allowing players to get skins for cheaper than their intended value, and Riot has declared a big "fuck that shit" with this change, or Riot has made a change to the drop rate of skin shards in said loot boxes and thus changed the value of orange essence to accommodate. Given that they literally stated that the second fact is true, I'm going with that one. Also, seeing as how literally 0 people are holding a gun to your head and forcing you to pay for lootboxes, you are in fact complaining about free stuff. QED.
: > [{quoted}](name=Engelin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8Zbjh1EO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-15T18:23:48.319+0000) > > The _edge_ of the hook's hitbox needs to touch the _edge_ of the champion's hitbox > > Karma is just thicc Yep and then the animation just moves the hook to the center of the hit box, giving us the snap on effect.
> [{quoted}](name=Clock Codes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8Zbjh1EO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-11-15T20:22:23.685+0000) > > Yep and then the animation just moves the hook to the center of the hit box, giving us the snap on effect. Well wouldn't it be shitty if the hook whizzed past you then all of a sudden and with no animation to announce it you just ended up standing next to the enemy blitz?
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: PSA: Do NOT buy lootboxes with RP
Except you can still reroll those skin shards for a random skin, so there's that...Also consider the fact that Riot announced that drop rate for skin shards has increased so there's that...Also Riot said they will make sure you don't go a long stretch without getting a gemstone so there's that...But no, ignore these points, as they clearly oppose your narrative...
: Yeah, I think that the new system feeling different or worse is good feedback which we are watching carefully. But I'm also seeing this perception that the new system is giving you less currency - and that's not true. It's difficult to have a conversation about how the system feels when not everyone has the right facts.
You have the displeasure of arguing in support of a loot box system at a time when EA Games has launched the single most unethical loot system ever devised. People don't care about facts right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krigjer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8atuoxqE,comment-id=0005000100000000000e0000,timestamp=2017-11-15T07:13:47.437+0000) > > They can post all the math they want, but they don't seem to be factoring in the unlucky rolls. > I have very little faith in RNG systems given my past history and luck. riot has always been bad at math XD
Warkinge (EUW)
: It is simple, Luck works like that You get lucky you're happy and you forget it after 10 mins. You get unlucky you wont forget it and it will acumulate make you think you have 0 luck. And this regard less of the numbers. You can be more lucky then unlucky it wont matter much you still think you're not lucky. This is why RNG based systems suck ass in games. Because humans tend more to remind the unlucky moments rather then lucky ones. What is even better is that 4 years ago Riot started removing most of RNG based spells/items/masteries from the game (Like the old 1/4 slow of phage) and 4 years after they make Runes/Systems based on high roll and Rng. Very good progress.
I love how people have the gall to say that RNG is bad because it doesn't take into account bad rolls. Like srsly, wtf?!?! Do you even know what the word "random" means???
Krigjer (NA)
: > Here's a fact for you I've gotten 500BE for the last 3 levels, no champion shards, just BE out of capsules for 3 levels straight, now how is that better? Please explain to me how 1500BE is better than 2796 which is what I'd be getting if I had played those games before this patch. Your math sounds wrong because IT IS WRONG. They can post all the math they want, but they don't seem to be factoring in the unlucky rolls. I have very little faith in RNG systems given my past history and luck.
> but they don't seem to be factoring in the unlucky rolls. >I have very little faith in _**RNG**_ systems http://www.prdaily.com/Uploads/Public/i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg
Tactrix (NA)
: Here's a fact for you I've gotten 500BE for the last 3 levels, no champion shards, just BE out of capsules for 3 levels straight, now how is that better? Please explain to me how 1500BE is better than 2796 which is what I'd be getting if I had played those games before this patch. Your math sounds wrong because IT IS WRONG.
Literally crying about bad RNG over a massively insignificant sample size. Wow, I'm sorry but I have negative sympathy for you. I hope you get nothing but Nunu shards for the rest of your life.
: Even if what you are saying is true and there are situations when you can get even more BE than earlier, it certanly doesn't feel like that. It feels like we are pushing for some big milestone while in reality we will just end up with 1.5 450 BE champions after a level up. Getting to one milestone is way worse than getting rewarded for everything that you do no matter if you win, lose or level up
>Even if what you are saying is true and there are situations when you can get even more BE than earlier, it certanly doesn't feel like that. Facts don't care about your feels...
: No. It is as fast, if not faster, for you to get any champion at all in the new system. If you disenchant the shards you receive, you can use the blue essence to get champions at least as quickly as you could with ip. If you happen to get the shard for a champion you want, it will be MUCH faster than that.
It's really too bad that people are so infuriated and hive-minded that they refuse to accept basic logic. O well, take my upvote, but I doubt it will help...
: Dont forget the Ice Archer
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g1WkVTz0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-15T17:31:37.036+0000) > > Dont forget the Ice Archer http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/hanzo/#/heroicAbilities--hanzo Ryu ga waga teki wo ashe arrow!
Xavanic (NA)
: Dirty change riot
Wow. If this is intentional (ie not a bug) then Riot needs to seriously consider fucking themselves...
Son Foku (NA)
: Yeah I got ya, I think partially the fault rests on Riot's shoulders for introducing such a generous system to begin with though. I hadn't bought a champion in ages because of that system, and I acquired a plethora of skins as well. Prior to the release of that system, we didn't have anything but IP and nobody complained then really. So, is the new system terrible imo? Not at all, its just the old system was ridiculously generous and everyone grew accustomed to it.
Finally someone gets it. You have no idea how many downvotes I get for defending this position, especially when it comes to the orange essence changes.
Arcathos (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-15T17:36:03.965+0000) > > And how is this different from Riot increasing the price of certain skins when they created the "epic" tier? The answer is that it's absolutely not different at all. Sure, you can be butthurt about it, and I was and I am a bit sad that they reduced my orange essence gains, but I'm not about to freak the fuck out and boycott Riot games and make a bunch of shit posts about how greedy and unethical they are... > > And as for the notion that Riot needs to decrease the price of loot boxes, read my post. Riot clearly thinks that microtransactions have become less profitable, and so they are trying to make more money on such transactions. Your suggestion literally nullifies the entire reason Riot reduced orange essence in the first place... > > So incorrect. You can still purchase the skins outright. At the exact same RP cost that they've always been. The value of purchasable content is 100% unchanged. Lootboxes are the only thing that got nerfed. You are butthurt because you can't reliably get free skins quite as fast. That's all this is. Wow, so... you're going to attack me for gracefully explaining my concerns with the essence nerf. Okay dude. Let me try this again. 1. It's not free if you are already paying RP for it. When I purchase a bundle of loot boxes, I get so many champs/skin shards/ward skins/icons/emotes when I open those boxes. 50% of the stuff is stuff I can't even upgrade to use, and the another 25% I don't really want. Now, say I spend 975RP on a bundle of chests. Before, I would maybe get 2 champs, and 3 skins of varying interest. Say I decide I like ONE of those skins, I disenchant the champs (because I don't need/want them) and I disenchant the other 2 skins because I already own them. But with the disenchant, I don't quite gain enough OE to unlock the skin I DID like and wanted to unlock. Therefore, riot just made 975RP on me until I either purchase more boxes, or I get lucky and get a skin drop from the ones I get for free in game and disenchant it. From ALL the boxes I've opened (and I opened a lot because I like to gamble), I always either broke even on the amount I spent (enchanted a 975 skin because I got lucky and all skin shards) or I went "even" but didn't get a reward out of it because even though what I got was the same "value" the values were split and I didn't end up actually getting anything. Does that make sense? Now, however, if I buy a set worth 975RP, I won't even get enough essence to upgrade a champion skin that's in the shop for say 450. The only real "upside" to the loot system is that you can get legacy skins that aren't currently available, and that you end up having the option to choose between several different "prizes". However, the "prizes" still end up costing you the same as if you just went to the store and bought the skin/champ/whatever, it's just more fun to do it this way. Or was. I'm not going to boycott riot, I'm not knocking down their doors and bitching and moaning, however, when I spend real money, I would like for the value to be there. And currently the value just isn't there. So in the long run, riot is going to lose money on this unless they adjust the rewards from the purchased boxes. 2. Again, why am I butthurt? I'm not butthurt that I'm not getting free stuff. I made it very clear I was not upset about the nerf to the free drops. I was upset over when I went to the store and purchased them with RP. The skins are not free if I'm paying money for them. No, I'm not going to the store and clicking "buy SG jinx" but I am going to the store and clicking "buy something random" and then instead of getting a champ/skin worth the 975RP I spent, I got a 260 RP skin, maybe, if I'm lucky. That's what feels bad, and that's what's going to hurt sales.
>Wow, so... you're going to attack me for gracefully explaining Please cite this "attack". Note: a strongly worded argument is NOT the same as an attack. Just to set that record straight. Also, what you are not getting is this: LOOT BOXES ARE FREE. Yes, you can purchase loot boxes, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of boxes opened are obtained freely as opposed to purchased. It is these free boxes that are putting strain on Riot's system. You also need to understand that Riot has increased the skin drop rate and claims to have an algorithm in place that prevents long stretches of going without getting a skin shard or a gemstone (ie a free box + key for smart people who want to maximize their value from the crafting mats). This means that, yes, you will get less orange essence, but you will also get more shards. I haven't seen the math on whether or not this ends up being an equivalent value, but what it does do is allow you to reroll crappy shards into random skins more frequently. If you paid 975rp for boxes and got 3 skin shards (which is pretty shit rng btw), that means you get a free skin by reroll. You can go and calculate the average value of a skin, but something tells me that on average this will allow you to break even (or at least come pretty close) AND net you some BE in the process.
Engelin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-15T17:30:10.867+0000) > > So then get some self-control, and if you have a gambling addiction, seek help. Stop expecting Riot to babysit you. Also, the lootboxes have ALWAYS preyed on addiction. If you want to be upset then you should be protesting THE EXISTENCE of loot boxes, not the fact that they reduced the amount of orange essence. The argument being made is NOT one of principle, it is one of greed. I haven't bought RP since season 3, haven't bought a game with microtransactions since Overwatch released. I'm not the problem, so don't direct that shit towards me.
> [{quoted}](name=Engelin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-15T17:51:43.545+0000) > > I haven't bought RP since season 3, haven't bought a game with microtransactions since Overwatch released. I'm not the problem, so don't direct that shit towards me. I'm not. I am using the ambiguous "you".
: First off, let me say this: I've never bought a lootcrate, and I never intend to with real money. The problem is that Riot's goal and their methods contradict here. They want users to buy additional loot crates with RP, but users have no motivation to do so if they decide that their return on investment is not worthwhile. Riot needs to strike a balance between refunding the right amount and allowing players the fun of getting surprise content from the boxes. If players receive content that they do not want and they cannot get a good return on investment by refunding it, then they will become discouraged from ever buying a loot crate again. Maybe loot crates bought with RP should come with some sort of protection against receiving as much content that you already own. Or perhaps the crates should allow you to get a larger refund on content that you have to disenchant because you already own copies of it.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-15T18:11:47.685+0000) > > First off, let me say this: I've never bought a lootcrate, and I never intend to with real money. > > The problem is that Riot's goal and their methods contradict here. They want users to buy additional loot crates with RP, but users have no motivation to do so if they decide that their return on investment is not worthwhile. > > Riot needs to strike a balance between refunding the right amount and allowing players the fun of getting surprise content from the boxes. If players receive content that they do not want and they cannot get a good return on investment by refunding it, then they will become discouraged from ever buying a loot crate again. > > Maybe loot crates bought with RP should come with some sort of protection against receiving as much content that you already own. Or perhaps the crates should allow you to get a larger refund on content that you have to disenchant because you already own copies of it. You also have to consider that Riot (claims) to have increased the skin drop rate from loot boxes, so while orange essence is likely down, shards should go up. So you can reroll for a random skin more frequently, or if you get a shard that you really like, it's just going to take a bit more time to save up the essence for it. They really aren't screwing anyone here. Also, you need to also understand that your frame of reference is to blame here, not Riot's practices. They released the loot box system at a certain conversion ratio. After a while, they decided that the initial ratio was too high, so they are reducing it. The only reason you and people who agree with you are complaining is because they are used to a certain standard. If hextech crafting shipped in this exact state, no one would be complaining. In fact, they'd be celebrating how awesome Riot is for giving them free stuff. But people are spoiled and have an expectation that Riot should maintain a favorable status quo when they are in no way obligated to do so. That's all this is.
Son Foku (NA)
: Not in the same words, but I pretty much agree with this. I’ve been playing since the release of {{champion:121}} and still don’t own 4 of the champs. Pretty sure I’d be well over level 400 by now.
I recognize that I might have rather strong feelings about this. I just hate the mentality that people so frequently adopt nowadays where they think they are entitled to shit and don't have to work for anything.
GigglesO (NA)
: It took me 5 seasons to grind out all of the champs...
https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/200.gif I'm really fucking sick of the cucks in this community that are literally complaining that free content isn't free enough and these fucking shitlords and their "math" that "proves" that it will take a new player to get up to level 360 or whatever to get all the champs. Guess what, I WOULD PROBABLY BE ABOUT LEVEL 500 BY NOW IF THE LEVEL CAP WAS OPEN SINCE I STARTED. Stop fucking complaining and use some sense. Thanks for this OP, you have restored a bit of my faith in this community.
: Everyone with Honor lvl 0 should be banned out of Rankeds
The way the banning system in this game works is borderline illegal, and most certainly unethical. So please stop with your self-rigtheousness and step off your assumed moral highground.
Arcathos (NA)
: The only thing I want to "complain" about, and it's really just me bringing up this point because it's something even I missed at first is that: Riot isn't increasing the amount of things you get from purchasing chests with RP. Therefore, right now, you are getting less than you did a week ago for real money. I think Riot either needs to decrease the prices of loot boxes currently in the RP store, or increase the amount of things you get for the current price. But ONLY because you get much less now for disenchanting anything you didn't like. Other than that, I'm not upset about them changing it, because I agree people could get things _really_ quickly for free. I'm not upset about the free content changing, but I am concerned that the real money purchasable content has been nerfed, and is no longer "worth" it.
> [{quoted}](name=Arcathos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-15T06:31:11.643+0000) > > The only thing I want to "complain" about, and it's really just me bringing up this point because it's something even I missed at first is that: Riot isn't increasing the amount of things you get from purchasing chests with RP. Therefore, right now, you are getting less than you did a week ago for real money. > > I think Riot either needs to decrease the prices of loot boxes currently in the RP store, or increase the amount of things you get for the current price. But ONLY because you get much less now for disenchanting anything you didn't like. Other than that, I'm not upset about them changing it, because I agree people could get things _really_ quickly for free. > > I'm not upset about the free content changing, but I am concerned that the real money purchasable content has been nerfed, and is no longer "worth" it. And how is this different from Riot increasing the price of certain skins when they created the "epic" tier? The answer is that it's absolutely not different at all. Sure, you can be butthurt about it, and I was and I am a bit sad that they reduced my orange essence gains, but I'm not about to freak the fuck out and boycott Riot games and make a bunch of shit posts about how greedy and unethical they are... And as for the notion that Riot needs to decrease the price of loot boxes, read my post. Riot clearly thinks that microtransactions have become less profitable, and so they are trying to make more money on such transactions. Your suggestion literally nullifies the entire reason Riot reduced orange essence in the first place... >I'm not upset about the free content changing, but I am concerned that the real money purchasable content has been nerfed, and is no longer "worth" it. So incorrect. You can still purchase the skins outright. At the exact same RP cost that they've always been. The value of purchasable content is 100% unchanged. Lootboxes are the only thing that got nerfed. You are butthurt because you can't reliably get free skins quite as fast. That's all this is.
Engelin (NA)
: The "free stuff" and loot crates are meant to prey on addictive personalities and lack of self control. #[Related video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTGgCEFuQw) Different things, same concept.
> [{quoted}](name=Engelin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7qoAKuN7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-15T06:16:07.168+0000) > > The "free stuff" and loot crates are meant to prey on addictive personalities and lack of self control. > #[Related video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTGgCEFuQw) > Different things, same concept. So then get some self-control, and if you have a gambling addiction, seek help. Stop expecting Riot to babysit you. Also, the lootboxes have ALWAYS preyed on addiction. If you want to be upset then you should be protesting THE EXISTENCE of loot boxes, not the fact that they reduced the amount of orange essence. The argument being made is NOT one of principle, it is one of greed.
Ayzev (EUNE)
: It's just preseason - big changes come in, balance comes a bit later. That's how it goes every year. It won't remain this way for more than 2 patches.
That's exactly what you optimists said when they made keystone masteries a thing. The game has been snowbally and damage creep has been high ever since. They clearly support this style of game.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FOiEluyE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-14T05:45:04.779+0000) > > While I agree that it sucks that we won't be getting skins as fast, please consider this simple fact: RIOT IS GIVING YOU PAID CONTENT FOR **FREE**!!! Complaining that free content isn't free enough is just not an okay thing to do. They would have been entirely justified never even putting those skin shards in the boxes. Wrong.... Most every player purchased at least a few of the chest and everyone who purchases any of the event passes got screwed. They are not free content. So please stop thinking they are.
lol what are you talking about? What event pass? Who got screwed? You literally aren't even making a coherent statement here... Also, if you are insinuating that people had boxes or world's chests saved up, Riot literally announced in-client that you should open them before the end of the season for this exact reason. You people have literally no leg to stand on here. Riot has decided that they aren't making enough money on microtransactions, so they dialed back the amount of free stuff they give us. If you have a problem with that, then you are literally the definition of entitled, and you should probably grow up. Riot isn't obligated to give you orange essence or skin shards. Riot doesn't have to give you skins. There's a cash store for those. They are doing it because they want to give their players some freebies to entice people to keep playing and also to give us a more tangible reward system.
: I think in terms of overall profit, HS has brought in more than D3.
: Yeah, just like _every other champion in the game_. That problem is not unique to Gnar, and never has been.
>Why the hell would you pick Gnar against ranged champions? Then why did you say this?
: It happened to me too an hour ago. I got an exclamation mark in red next to it saying there's an error or something was wrong with my runes. It let me choose the preset runes only. Whenever I tried to open mine, the page went blank and I closed it out. Right after that, my summoner spells went blank too in champ select after closing the buggy rune window. It was weird.
> [{quoted}](name=TaunkaTruck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QZxZKwP9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-15T04:58:17.608+0000) > > It happened to me too an hour ago. I got an exclamation mark in red next to it saying there's an error or something was wrong with my runes. It let me choose the preset runes only. Whenever I tried to open mine, the page went blank and I closed it out. Right after that, my summoner spells went blank too in champ select after closing the buggy rune window. It was weird. So that exclamation point I think just means your rune page wasn't complete. The game won't let you load in an incomplete page. But it sounds like you tried to fix it and got the invisible rune page bug that I got.
: Can everyone in the game do a little bit less damage pls.
Games have been universally ending between 15-25 mins all week by surrender. But the game is decided aroud the 10 minute mark at the latest. Stop this shit Riot, this is not Overwatch, games are supposed to take a solid 30ish minutes and actually be a game for most of that time, not just a clean up or a nap until the other team can ff.
Isabelle (EUNE)
: Proof of the summoner icon frame on the profiles MUST BE CHANGED!
https://news-a.akamaihd.net/public/images/articles/2015/march_2015/upn/spatula.jpg Should've invested in this bad boy. Still looks good. Obvs this is not a screenshot. I'm just saying that even with the circle over it, it's still fine. 1337 spatula
Destaice (NA)
: "EA's greedy business model screwed us over! I'm shocked this happened!"
Ok let me stop you right there OP. The issue is that this ramp up of microtransactions and "required" DLC n shit has been very gradual. I remember when I was playing the Mass Effect trilogy (3 games, trilogy, there isn't a 4th, that didn't happen) and I bought the dlc missions for ME2. It seemed very fair. ~$10 each for about a 4-5 hour expansion complete with other goodies like items, skills, and squadmates that could be used in the main game, as well. Obviously that adds up, but the extra content seemed to be worth it, and was ABSOLUTELY not required to enjoy the game. It was strictly an add-on. But by the time ME3 came out, it launched with a dlc character that was absolutely critical to the story line and then later on a new questline was added again as a dlc that was absolutely integral to the story. Now, you basically just buy the right to play the game, and then you buy the game separately. But because this change was gradual, many people really didn't stop and think "hey, this shit is unethical" until it was way too late. Also, if you think boycotting EA will help, then you don't understand the company. Even if Battlefront 2 sells 0 copies (ha...) EA will still be incredibly profitable. They have a near monopoly on all sports videogames, and people that play those aren't really interested in the gaming community and the controversies surrounding it, so they will not be deterred. They have us by the balls and they know it. Boycott and protest all you want, but it will accomplish precisely nothing. This has honestly gotten to the point where legislation is required to fix it...
Rioter Comments
Show more

MonkeyMadness

Level 34 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion