: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BUm7OYWX,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-03-20T19:18:45.612+0000) > > Imagine admitting that you hate Illaoi and not being extremely embarrassed about it But I dont hate her, my comment was to someome that does hate her. I like her aesthetics and the champ even though I dont play her.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BUm7OYWX,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T19:47:08.972+0000) > > But I dont hate her, my comment was to someome that does hate her. > > I like her aesthetics and the champ even though I dont play her. I'm making fun of people who hate Illaoi
: > [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BUm7OYWX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T14:48:20.221+0000) > > They didn’t give Illaoi a skin because no one wants more Illaoi players. She is already a pain in the ass I have the feeling that Toplaners hate Ranged Toplaners, Juggernauts Toplaners, Tanks Toplaners and Bruiser Toplaners.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BUm7OYWX,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-20T19:10:09.317+0000) > > I have the feeling that Toplaners hate Ranged Toplaners, Juggernauts Toplaners, Tanks Toplaners and Bruiser Toplaners. Imagine admitting that you hate Illaoi and not being extremely embarrassed about it
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mK5c8tWW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-20T16:38:20.891+0000) > > Irelia was considered a priority pick in pro play while sitting at 47% top and mid in soloQ > > Its not even been a full day of the patch, relax for a second Yes but since the lastest nerfs shes basically gone from pro play while being also bad in solo queue now. Also im pretty sure she had like atleast 50~51% wr when she was perma picked in pro, and that was mid lane too.
I would kill to have my champs be half as successful as Irelia tbqh
: Irelia hit 46% wr with 9.6
Irelia was considered a priority pick in pro play while sitting at 47% top and mid in soloQ Its not even been a full day of the patch, relax for a second
: Urgot became probably the biggest ball of stat champion in the game
He's supposedly a lot less durable now but they should have tackled his % damage since they removed the reduction per leg proc
: Nah, he was awful and impossible to balance because of his heal gimmick.
: Moody, as a person I like you, sure. But when you directly insult Azir, someone who is probably the weakest champion early, a champion who already has neutered base damage and stats in general, and someone who isn't exactly as easy to play and carry with as other champions like Garen or Yi, someone who needs to get nerfed for the thousandth time since his release? Sure! Just make sure Make his base stats negative, lose health per second, and a constant 30 mana drain on hit with a Q, W, E, or R, since if he goes like this and gets nerfed like you want, he'll get 100-0'd by anyone, ESPECIALLY in laning phase, more than he already has been. I mean, his entire premise is: Farm until 30 minutes, place a tower and shove lanes, hope to god everyone hasn't fed someone, and then maybe, just maybe, you'll win a game. If not, you'll lose to a 47% wr champion. sad.
Its really funny to me that a few days ago a masters tier player told me that champs like ryze and azir are broken at 47% win rate and then here on boards a bunch of lets say not masters players are all mocking me for pulling them up when they have 47% win rates. Azir consistently bullies out lanes that can't match his range because he has low cost and targeted harass. Melee laners that aren't ridiculously hyper mobile and can deal with Azir's range, disengage, and his own mobility one at a time don't stand a chance against him.
: Why overbuff urgot like this
Juggernauts are dog class give me a good one for a change
: When you say "HP Scaling on abilities" do you mean like, %percent health or current health damage, or do you mean "More HP, more damage on ability"? Cause like, I'm pretty sure no juggernaut has that kind of scaling on their abilities. Maybe Skarner, but he's a mess.
Most juggernauts have health scaling through defense like missing HP healing or shields Aatrox isn't really incentivised to buy health at all
Vartius (EUNE)
: Seeing the new Mordekaiser emote, I decided to redraw him in a more serious style
: So they hotfix nerf Neeko, but Kayle can still abuse Klepto.
Boards still thinks kayle is weak, you're not gonna get much traction here
: The Volibear is about “wildness” and “the wilderness” so it is a friend of ivern in some ways. But only because it is an enemy of fields, domestication, civilization, walls, and rules. It hates “the lies of men” and “man’s attempt to enslave and escape nature.” The more powerful a being is, the harder it is: to understand, to be worthy of its intention, or to communicate with. Probably naga is more powerful than the Volibear or Ornn (because a god > a demi-god) but which is easier to contact? which is more likely to come to your add?
so he's like a foil to ornn who likes to build stuff and shape land to his own will? so is Volibear the angsty teen of the gods? when are we gonna see his lore page? does he still like bear puns? can you let me rework him?
: One of the things I thought was interesting about a religion in a world where you can see dead people, your own soul, magic etc... was that it still required “faith.” You can have absolute proof that your god is real and can effect your world. But you can’t be sure of its reasons or goodwill. Are you worthy of its attention? Does it prefer your foe over you? Is it even possible to understand what it wants? In Illaoi’s color text she tests Gangplank, but really it was a test of her own faith. She had to trust her god’s system over her own feelings. So the uncertainty of these gods’ goodwill and motives is intentional. It leaves a place for our characters’ and audience’s uncertainty. Everyone has to judge for themselves and make choices. There is no guarantee that good will triumph or even that you are fighting for the just cause. So whether your a non-ursine shaman of The Volibear, a vastayan druid, or a worshiper if Nagakabouros — you have to choose to whether or not to trust your god and your connection to that god.
sniping you to dodge class work are Volibear and ivern good friends since voli is such an environmentalist, making friendly trees and inventing water? is Volibear a net positive on the freljord or is he regarded universally as an asshole? Why even worship lesser gods or spirits when something like nagaka exists and bodies them all?
Rioter Comments
: Dunno why this is getting downvoted. Global or semi-global TP abilities always make a champion busted in pro play.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EffjWNLE,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-03-19T19:03:38.045+0000) > > immobile CC less melee champions counter assassins > > imagine believing that It's a known fact that , your champions might not be able to kill assassins , but you will never die to them , that's why assassins don't go Top lane Assassins are melee as well , if they ever reach you to melee rang , they will die
Assassins don't go top because it Has the least roaming potential and assassins are a dedicated roaming class + most of them don't have sufficient sustain to manage the constant trading top lanes do most assassins can easily one combo a juggernaut considering most juggernauts have no means of damage reduction and can't stop the assassin from just walking or dashing away. Divers are a bigger counter because they can actually follow the assassins escape to make sure they for
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EffjWNLE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-03-19T17:30:26.346+0000) > > Assassins are one of the least problematic classes in the game > > What you meant to say was mages To you as a Top lane since all of your champions counter assassins not to the rest of players.
immobile CC less melee champions counter assassins imagine believing that
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ouVeaeEA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-19T17:35:02.632+0000) > > I have nearly 300k on Illaoi > > dunk isn't cool or funny don't waste a skin slot for that trash tbh Okay, well, you got any better suggestions? And if you say Deep Space Illaoi, you're dead to me.
Elderwood, Papercraft, Junkyard Junkyard Yorick too tbh
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ouVeaeEA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-19T17:21:07.389+0000) > > Illaoi main here don't give me that skin You're a Volibear main, Moody. Stop running away from the truth.
I have nearly 300k on Illaoi dunk isn't cool or funny don't waste a skin slot for that trash tbh
: League would be 1000x better without assassins.
Assassins are one of the least problematic classes in the game What you meant to say was mages
Infernape (EUW)
: Imagine wasting Dunkmaster on Ivern (who doesn't even have a dunk related move) and not giving it to Illaoi {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Illaoi main here don't give me that skin
SatomiKun (EUW)
: The candy skin looked cute and seeing a bubblegum explode for her E would be kinda fun. But nothing beats impish horns on girls for me.
SatomiKun (EUW)
: Little Demon Tristana won the vote!
Better than that sugar shit I'll take it
Bârd (NA)
: The point of the item is to have bruisers shred through tanks (and each other) the further they get into a fight. That's fine. What's not fine is that, because Black Cleaver exists, Riot is extremely reluctant to add Physical DOT effects. Multi-hit abilities (Wukong Cyclone, Garen Judgement, MF Bullet Time) are fine and can keep using Cleaver as they do now. I'm talking specifically about things like Darius Hemorrhage. DOT's are great in theory. They let you give a champion solid damage output without giving them too much burst or spammability. Great. The only problem is that Riot has ruined DOT effects in league. Magic Damage DOT's are ruined by {{item:3151}}, Physical Damage DOT's are ruined by {{item:3071}}, and both are further made harder to balance by the existence of Aery. Because of those, they HAVE to be kept weak. Not a fan of that.
BC isn't kept weak because its intended original audience uses it well lol Darius losing bleed procs would basically turn him away from the item permanently
: Karthus is played high-elo... he's pure magic damage.
Karthus is not a well designed champion.
Jamaree (NA)
: Vlad's early game is shit, he is just able to take advantage of melee match ups, play a ranged champion against him and shit on him.
If your early game is conditionally bad then its not bad.
: So Riot doesn't know how to balance
maybe if we say it enough riot won't wait 4 patches to nerf a broken champion this time
Rester (NA)
: Jinx and Kog would be the Hypercarries... Ez is just an obnoxious AD caster that breaks the game every time with some absurd build (Looking at YOU Manamune/Seraph build)
Ezreal hard scaled with the double tear build. Absolutely a hyper.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-03-18T22:17:36.268+0000) > > I think you're changing the argument on purpose now You keep changing the argument to "What unique role does Yorick serve" and I typed that while ingame before you even made your post on my screen and I pointed out every unique trait of the champion. Who is a splitpusher with a slow as ranged as Yorick? Who has Yorick's splitpush speed with a wall similar to Yorick? What melee duelist has the poke factor of Yorick's ghouls? These are all reasons to pick him yet you never address anything and type one line dismissively as if it refutes the whole argument. This is why you never convince anyone of anything. I want to empathize with you because you're right about some things. You're right the balance is flawed, you're right runes have an issue with design and balance, you're right toplaners have a harder and harder job because of the influx of Ranged champions, you're right that Volibear deserves a proper rework. However when you just constantly declare the opinions of other people as shit and ignore arguments made towards you, you put yourself in a hole where people can't relate to you - ESPECIALLY RIOT. Your fallacious way of approaching these topics is exactly why these discussions won't facilitate change, they're only serving to convince people like me that you're not worth talking to and you think so little of other people that you feel the need to strawman them. Make objective arguments, quit using ad hominem, changing the topic, and refusing to address other people's points.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T22:32:00.144+0000) > > You keep changing the argument to "What unique role does Yorick serve" and I typed that while ingame before you even made your post on my screen and I pointed out every unique trait of the champion. Who is a splitpusher with a slow as ranged as Yorick? Who has Yorick's splitpush speed with a wall similar to Yorick? What melee duelist has the poke factor of Yorick's ghouls? These are all reasons to pick him yet you never address anything and type one line dismissively as if it refutes the whole argument. > > This is why you never convince anyone of anything. I want to empathize with you because you're right about some things. You're right the balance is flawed, you're right runes have an issue with design and balance, you're right toplaners have a harder and harder job because of the influx of Ranged champions, you're right that Volibear deserves a proper rework. However when you just constantly declare the opinions of other people as shit and ignore arguments made towards you, you put yourself in a hole where people can't relate to you - ESPECIALLY RIOT. > > Your fallacious way of approaching these topics is exactly why these discussions won't facilitate change, they're only serving to convince people like me that you're not worth talking to and you think so little of other people that you feel the need to strawman them. Make objective arguments, quit using ad hominem, changing the topic, and refusing to address other people's points. If that's what you think I'm doing then that's your problem at this point you're either deliberately trying to agitate me or you're fundamentally misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make. "He does the same thing but from a little further away" doesn't mean anything except for really extreme cases like Zac who is specifically balanced as a tank who initiates from flanks. Yorick is a bare bones split pusher with generic area control spells and a minion gimmick that only adds flavor, NOT function. He doesn't do anything for a team comp that you don't get elsewhere. This is why, and this is an observable fact, Yorick is only good when all other options are bad. Look at Trundle. Trundle has AD sap (something that only 1 other champion in the game can do) which gives him a strong unique value. Nobody else can do this. This creates value for Trundle that other champion's don't have; his R is nice, obviously, but there are plenty of people who can chew up a tanks resistances now so its not as special. Still obviously a great reason to lock him as a counter. Nasus has Wither, which gives him weighted value against auto attacking champions and comparatively less value against heavy casters. This is unique value and IIRC the only other champion left with an AS slow is Malphite. Illaoi has extremely high value as a counter engage and her E gives her team safe danage against one person as well as making it possible to do nearly double damage if they're hitting spirit and champion at the same time. That's valuable. She does the same anti engage job as Urgot, another juggernaut, in a COMPLETELY different way and are each better choices in different team comps. Yorick doesn't. He just does the same thing with minions. He is good in all the situations other split pushers would be good. He doesn't stand out much at all. Irelia is completely different in her actual function and offering to a team than Fiora and Yasuo. Neither of them can initiate. Yasuo and Irelia are similar by virtue of being carries. Yasuo also creates extreme unique value in why you should pick him because of his Wind Wall. These are things that make champion's unique and actually worth picking or make you *want* to pick them if you're not already dedicated to their fantasy. I want Volibear to have that. That is a 100% reasonable request. Not only reasonable, its the *correct* request. We have far too many champions getting replaced by each other on the whims of the balance team because they aren't different enough.
: Honestly the more I think about it the more unique shit I actually notice with Yorick. I maintain that his R is still the most unique thing since no minion AI works that way and no other champion has such an option, but literally every skill is unique and the position he's a clone of other champs is silly. Q - Multi-function attack reset. Attack resets often just do one thing, this one creates a worked ground style mechanic with the graves that forces you to pay attention to your positioning and think about where and when you Q. You do it off cooldown similar to Nasus but the way you interact with the second portion is a skill you learn. W - Destructable wall with a unique small ring shape. You can pin people with this if you're smart and it operates similar to a Veigar wall, no bruiser interacts like this other than Trundle. Even then the unique shape and its destructable nature still has a strategy and counterplay for both sides. E - Disjointed cone slow that interacts with his ghouls. Nothing too fancy here but even this type of skillshot basically doesn't exist elsewhere in the game, if it does its very rare. So sure, lets ignore the entirety of his kit and my arguments and act like this situational interaction is the only thing with Yorick and he's a complete failure lol
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-18T22:02:45.317+0000) > > Honestly the more I think about it the more unique shit I actually notice with Yorick. I maintain that his R is still the most unique thing since no minion AI works that way and no other champion has such an option, but literally every skill is unique and the position he's a clone of other champs is silly. > > Q - Multi-function attack reset. Attack resets often just do one thing, this one creates a worked ground style mechanic with the graves that forces you to pay attention to your positioning and think about where and when you Q. You do it off cooldown similar to Nasus but the way you interact with the second portion is a skill you learn. > > W - Destructable wall with a unique small ring shape. You can pin people with this if you're smart and it operates similar to a Veigar wall, no bruiser interacts like this other than Trundle. Even then the unique shape and its destructable nature still has a strategy and counterplay for both sides. > > E - Disjointed cone slow that interacts with his ghouls. Nothing too fancy here but even this type of skillshot basically doesn't exist elsewhere in the game, if it does its very rare. > > So sure, lets ignore the entirety of his kit and my arguments and act like this situational interaction is the only thing with Yorick and he's a complete failure lol I think you're changing the argument on purpose now
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=000600000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T21:26:32.623+0000) > > if the most unique thing about yorick is a strategy that literally nobody will ever use then I don't think I can say its good You're saying no one will leave a Maiden to kill a tower then either TP back to it or TP to another lane when people go to kill it? There's plenty of times openings happen for that. Its not like you just leave it fucking sitting there on a full HP tower, no splitpush ever goes that way. And he also still, again, has his combo game and unique minions that aren't oppressive. See this is the thing, you nitpick one tiny thing and act like the entire argument someone makes is a total failure. Why the hell can't you ever make an argument without declaring yourself right before people respond or being entirely fallacious?
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=0006000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T21:43:27.598+0000) > > You're saying no one will leave a Maiden to kill a tower then either TP back to it or TP to another lane when people go to kill it? There's plenty of times openings happen for that. Its not like you just leave it fucking sitting there on a full HP tower, no splitpush ever goes that way. And he also still, again, has his combo game and unique minions that aren't oppressive. > > See this is the thing, you nitpick one tiny thing and act like the entire argument someone makes is a total failure. Why the hell can't you ever make an argument without declaring yourself right before people respond or being entirely fallacious? No. Nobody will EVER use it that way in high elo. The Maiden will strictly be following Yorick until it dies. Dropping it in a side lane is trolling. You still haven't told me what makes Yorick valuable that other splitters don't offer. Cool; he can split push. We've established that his "split 2 lanes" gimmick is not viable. What else does he do? If Trundle was good right now, why would I pick Yorick over him? Or Nasus? There is none. Yorick is filling the same slot. I don't care about his gimmicks that set him up to do what other fighters have been doing for a decade. If you're going to keep trying to sidetrack the argument I'm not going to keep responding.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-18T21:03:48.659+0000) > > New Sejuani is trash. Not up for debate. > > New Yorick is a splitpusher added to a class full of splitpushers. Literally nothing about him existing adds to the game; if he is relevant at all then he's probably too strong. Old Yorick despite his glaring flaws created a far more interesting role to play with his old ult giving him unique synergy with hard carries and compensating his falling-off by giving his team a second Kog'Maw. Its infinitely more interesting than new Yorick (and his old ghouls were more fun to boot.) His element of splitpushing is unique and he has a combo game with more counterplay than old Yorick while rewarding old mains with similar skills and a gameplay pattern they can learn and grow with. You argue Irelia is good yet she's another land stun, dash around and kill your target with true damage fighter when there's others in that role. Sure she's unique if you compare her to Master Yi or Shyvana but compared to Yasuo or Fiora its definitely the same style of champion and she has very similar matchups to them. The closest thing Yorick is comparable to is Trundle. Both have resets and both have walls, both are antitank bruisers. Old Yorick though was more like this shitty spam mage that built AD that fell off like a brick, most comparable to Pantheon but he couldn't even do his job properly most of the time and there was no reason to pick him. However Trundle is pure tankbuster and has way more dueling power wheras Yorick is a splitpush threat who has the unique ability to push two lanes thanks to his ultimate and he's one of the only minion mancers that doesn't cheat like Azir or doesn't rely on ranged minions like Zyra or Heimer. His role is far more unique than Irelia. And when people debate whether the earth is flat I don't think you can just declare Sej isn't up for debate. They kept elements of the old champ who was pretty useless yet added skill expression with her R (Do I go for the stun or chuck out a slow zone), added counterplay by requiring a combo for her stun, added an execute that allows her to actually compete with meta junglers rather than constantly have shit tier damage, and added a durability passive that has a timer which gives her an obvious time she can go in which benefits both her and her opponent. Her rework was OP as shit for a while but once tuned she's probably one of the most balanced tank junglers period when she just used to be a universal joke. That is easily a success of a rework and IDK what your argument would even be about her sucking other than "Not a unique role" which just dismisses the entirety of new champions and reworks for the most part when you apply that logic consistently.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=00060000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-18T21:11:25.687+0000) > > His element of splitpushing is unique and he has a combo game with more counterplay than old Yorick while rewarding old mains with similar skills and a gameplay pattern they can learn and grow with. You argue Irelia is good yet she's another land stun, dash around and kill your target with true damage fighter when there's others in that role. Sure she's unique if you compare her to Master Yi or Shyvana but compared to Yasuo or Fiora its definitely the same style of champion and she has very similar matchups to them. > > The closest thing Yorick is comparable to is Trundle. Both have resets and both have walls, both are antitank bruisers. Old Yorick though was more like this shitty spam mage that built AD that fell off like a brick, most comparable to Pantheon but he couldn't even do his job properly most of the time and there was no reason to pick him. However Trundle is pure tankbuster and has way more dueling power wheras Yorick is a splitpush threat who has the unique ability to push two lanes thanks to his ultimate and he's one of the only minion mancers that doesn't cheat like Azir or doesn't rely on ranged minions like Zyra or Heimer. His role is far more unique than Irelia. > > And when people debate whether the earth is flat I don't think you can just declare Sej isn't up for debate. They kept elements of the old champ who was pretty useless yet added skill expression with her R (Do I go for the stun or chuck out a slow zone), added counterplay by requiring a combo for her stun, added an execute that allows her to actually compete with meta junglers rather than constantly have shit tier damage, and added a durability passive that has a timer which gives her an obvious time she can go in which benefits both her and her opponent. Her rework was OP as shit for a while but once tuned she's probably one of the most balanced tank junglers period when she just used to be a universal joke. > > That is easily a success of a rework and IDK what your argument would even be about her sucking other than "Not a unique role" which just dismisses the entirety of new champions and reworks for the most part when you apply that logic consistently. if the most unique thing about yorick is a strategy that literally nobody will ever use then I don't think I can say its good
  Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-03-18T20:35:23.180+0000) > > If you think it's inconsistent you must not be reading me correctly > > what do these "good" re works add? What slot is Warwick filling that isn't there already? None; this is the most common problem with Riots new champs and released and they've had it for much longer than ive been playing (the infamous copy paste fighter kits that plagued 2011-2012). Therefore, bad rework. Ez just make so the allies can see his W trail and when in range his W active buffs should apply to allies too Rework saved
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T21:07:30.311+0000) > > Ez just make so the allies can see his W trail and when in range his W active buffs should apply to allies too > > Rework saved Would be fantastic actually, good idea. BTW I tried playing Warwick and his W feels really janky. Like I would be running directly at a marked target but not be getting my MS, but if I turned to a 90 degree angle I would get it. Has it always been this way? It seems like it works wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-18T20:40:05.958+0000) > > I didn't say he did. But Irelia is the one single good thing Solcrushed has done in a long line of absolute failures (New Yorick, New Sejuani, the first Viktor update, etc) so I wouldn't consider him. > > He can make another good release to show that he has truly improved and not just gotten a lucky break before I want him anywhere near another main of mine. New Sejuani is a big succes. Your sleeper OP Sejuani Top isn't real, I can say that at this point so I'm more confident in saying that current Sej is an excelent job. And why is Yorick a mistake ?
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T20:56:15.104+0000) > > New Sejuani is a big succes. > > Your sleeper OP Sejuani Top isn't real, I can say that at this point so I'm more confident in saying that current Sej is an excelent job. > > And why is Yorick a mistake ? New Sejuani is trash. Not up for debate. New Yorick is a splitpusher added to a class full of splitpushers. Literally nothing about him existing adds to the game; if he is relevant at all then he's probably too strong. Old Yorick despite his glaring flaws created a far more interesting role to play with his old ult giving him unique synergy with hard carries and compensating his falling-off by giving his team a second Kog'Maw. Its infinitely more interesting than new Yorick (and his old ghouls were more fun to boot.)
Zerdun (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0MMuw5b2,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-18T18:33:21.903+0000) > > Tank items don't need to be stronger. Give me a reason as to why increasing the tank item gold efficiency from the 80ish % it is now to say 85-90% wouldn't be the better option from a business perspective to solve the problems you claim are effecting tanks? Its not normally the tank items themselves that provide the problem when we see degenerate tank builds, its often that a class that isn't supposed to build tank items magically gets enough base damage that building anything other than tank items is pointless.
Because better tank item efficiency means that nontanks will use the items better. The correct solution is to make them cheaper again to rebalance the equilibrium of tanks having cheaper but weaker power spikes and eventually being scaled out by more expensive builders.
: CT didn't rework Irelia. Also, didn't post this exact same thread last week?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-18T20:28:17.454+0000) > > CT didn't rework Irelia. > > Also, didn't post this exact same thread last week? I didn't say he did. But Irelia is the one single good thing Solcrushed has done in a long line of absolute failures (New Yorick, New Sejuani, the first Viktor update, etc) so I wouldn't consider him. He can make another good release to show that he has truly improved and not just gotten a lucky break before I want him anywhere near another main of mine.
: Didn't you use to argue that a rework would be bad for Volibear because Riot would ruin it? And did you not also criticize reworks like Warwick or Poppy because they "Were too basic"? It seems you want to have an entire champion kit scrapped to justify the rework to have skill expression, you even criticized Nunu which was changed a lot just because Q and R were preserved. Most people agree Warwick is a top tier rework yet what you've described disagrees yet that's also a CT style rework. Irelia was very based around her old Q and they made it the core of the new Irelia and she still builds similar items. Yes she has new skill expression but your opinion on reworks seems very inconsistent.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aOOz1IOV,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-18T19:54:50.590+0000) > > Didn't you use to argue that a rework would be bad for Volibear because Riot would ruin it? > > And did you not also criticize reworks like Warwick or Poppy because they "Were too basic"? It seems you want to have an entire champion kit scrapped to justify the rework to have skill expression, you even criticized Nunu which was changed a lot just because Q and R were preserved. Most people agree Warwick is a top tier rework yet what you've described disagrees yet that's also a CT style rework. > > Irelia was very based around her old Q and they made it the core of the new Irelia and she still builds similar items. Yes she has new skill expression but your opinion on reworks seems very inconsistent. If you think it's inconsistent you must not be reading me correctly what do these "good" re works add? What slot is Warwick filling that isn't there already? None; this is the most common problem with Riots new champs and released and they've had it for much longer than ive been playing (the infamous copy paste fighter kits that plagued 2011-2012). Therefore, bad rework. Poppy is at least there for a clear value of anti mobility against aggressive divers. But they reworked her too far away from her original (and correct) identity as a hyper carry. She's also got her own host of low counterplay "issues". Irelia is an important step stone to realizing fighters as actual carries who can function in teamfights without being discount assassins or budget tanks or being neither and just splitpushing until the game is over. I think she's a little worse designed now that they removed her unique traits that gave her a deeper niche of countering the classic enchanter marksman combo with shield damage and disarms in exchange for just having more damage, but she's still overall quite good. And she's more than familiar enough to not be alien to old Irelia players. Excellent rework. People only say Warwick is good because nobody plays him. Same thing with Nunu, same thing with Swain until he became meta and then immediately dominated 3 lanes. And now that he's a shit tier champion again people pretend that he's good. I want Volibear to be able to justify his existence in a way that isn't done already. Juggernauts are already too lacking on meaningful niche qualities especially among the recent designs who are all disgustingly generalist and good. I am not a one trick and I don't like Riot encouraging it constantly. Give a player who doesn't want to one trick Volibear a reason to want to pick himas a pocket pick. Where he can say "yeah, this is a great time for voli." Nothing about what I've said here is inconsistent. If CT wasn't intentionally limited by his team on Warwick I'm sure he would have made an excellent update.
Rioter Comments
Zerdun (NA)
: or you can boost early tank item efficiency and fix the problem by touching item numbers instead of adjusting game mechanics. Reducing Ambient gold will only delay the inevitable anyway and i think tweaking some defense numbers on items is way easier to test than fiddling with gold generation mechanics without just scrapping all of them. On that same note you need to remember that generating gold is 'fun' to the player and feels rewarding. Making the changes your suggesting would remove that aspect of 'fun' while fiddling with tank item gold efficiency will just make tank items better and improve the tank classes as a whole.
Tank items don't need to be stronger.
Rioter Comments
Antenora (EUW)
: BUT OLAF HAS COUNTERPLAY - Boards 2019.
you really want to put your eggs in the Yenn basket?
: Volibear mains
The retcon is ass
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-18T02:22:11.399+0000) > > Then work somewhere else. I'm not obligated to make sure you get paid. There's a reason you don't slight people who prepare or deliver your food.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-18T02:27:34.148+0000) > > There's a reason you don't slight people who prepare or deliver your food. Not an argument. Extorting your customers who've already paid for the food is a rotten business scheme. Go work somewhere else if you don't like that not everyone is going to tip you.
: If you order delivery, please tip your driver.
Then work somewhere else. I'm not obligated to make sure you get paid.
Nhifu (NA)
: A Nasus fix to end all Nasus updates.
Guts his duel potential and anti carry too hard
: Rework Volibear into a throwing lightnings ADC
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QrFzXZpB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-17T17:52:12.202+0000) > > Rework Volibear into a throwing lightnings ADC Hard agree
Rioter Comments
Show more

Moody P

Level 7 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion