Rioter Comments
: Morde is simply perfect.
Honestly they stole a champions identity once again. You see this happen with over half of the reworks Riot has done. This game might as well be League of Legends 2: Riot's atrocities come to life. This design team has no idea how to keep core gameplay elements of a champion. Being a pet mage made Mordekaiser, Mordekaiser. Not to mention this ult is going to be the most snowbally shit, you will get 3 manned, ult one, kill them, then 1v2 no problem with W and the other persons stats. As a champion who took another's soul and used it for their own in battle, to only taking a portion of their stats is pretty BS. They did a good job with the rest of the abilities, although free 25% pen looks grossly OP. Riot likes to cater to China and only China now a days. Ever since Tencent picked up Riot they have been removing all skulls, ghosts, and anything death related from the game. Next thing we will probably lose is twin shadows active.
: 5.1 nidalee would not be garbage in todays game. But the 2 biggest things that made 5.1 better are the reduced cast time on Q and the auto resets. Those tricks don't work in lane because you can't always be in the fog of war and most of the time the opponent is going to be in the minion wave. Yes they have always been slow but that cast time increase was a huge part of why she can't trade in lane anymore. And yea I know you can play her however you can do that with any champion but that doesn't make it viable. And it also really sucks when you want to play your favorite champion or the champion you are best at but it that champion is putting your team at a huge disadvantage and screwing over 4 other people.
> [{quoted}](name=KazeNekochan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXvLPOEc,comment-id=0027000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-13T19:45:38.867+0000) > > 5.1 nidalee would not be garbage in todays game. But the 2 biggest things that made 5.1 better are the reduced cast time on Q and the auto resets. Those tricks don't work in lane because you can't always be in the fog of war and most of the time the opponent is going to be in the minion wave. Yes they have always been slow but that cast time increase was a huge part of why she can't trade in lane anymore. And yea I know you can play her however you can do that with any champion but that doesn't make it viable. And it also really sucks when you want to play your favorite champion or the champion you are best at but it that champion is putting your team at a huge disadvantage and screwing over 4 other people. as a Mordekaiser main, I know how it feels to screw over 4 other people (my team) and sympathize for people who want to play lane Nidalee. They should keep picking lane Nidalee even if it's bad because it will bring attention, to discuss what problems Nidalee has. I am also terrified that Mordekaiser is being reworked but because of few bad reworks in the past. I am hopeful and sympathize for people who want Nidalee to remain in her current state because of that but she is really unhealthy for the game. A good Mordekaiser has a really unhealthy lane playstyle and it is being changed, good on Riot and hope for the best. They should change Nidalee around a little too, just not on as big of a scale as Mordekaiser.
: Removing the attack speed would hurt Ad nidalee though and it's not really a change needed to balance her out else where. I really think to get nidalee back to being viable in all 3 roles they need to just revert her back to 5.1 and then see what may need buffed if anything when it comes to jungling.
> [{quoted}](name=WindLord7070,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXvLPOEc,comment-id=002b0000,timestamp=2019-05-13T17:47:44.232+0000) > > Removing the attack speed would hurt Ad nidalee though and it's not really a change needed to balance her out else where. I really think to get nidalee back to being viable in all 3 roles they need to just revert her back to 5.1 and then see what may need buffed if anything when it comes to jungling. I think the suggestion isn't bad, her attack speed wouldn't be removed entirely, just rapid succession autos in a short time frame. That way Nidalee isn't maxing it to abuse the heal and the attack speed in top lane. She could rank other abilities since she wouldn't get an atk speed increase every rank. She has a history of being more toxic in top lane than mid lane. I do not think we would get Nidalee reverted to 5.1. The attack speed was most important when breaking down towers in top lane, as most of your autos come out of a brush inbetween creeps and whatnot. I believe being so stuck on reverting her to 5.1 is hurting your argument to get Nidalee changed at all. You have to be able to compromise without giving absolutes or you sound stupid.
: Perhaps they could remove the damage amp and make it so enemies hit by her cougar spells after being marked are then slowed for a bit? Or perhaps they could add a grounding effect to her traps as a bit of utility that isn't too overbearing? Just the fact that you're willing to brainstorm over solutions shows you're someone that actually recognizes her issues and wants to fix them the right way, that's heartening for me.
> [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXvLPOEc,comment-id=0006000000010001,timestamp=2019-05-13T06:16:04.215+0000) > > Perhaps they could remove the damage amp and make it so enemies hit by her cougar spells after being marked are then slowed for a bit? Or perhaps they could add a grounding effect to her traps as a bit of utility that isn't too overbearing? Just the fact that you're willing to brainstorm over solutions shows you're someone that actually recognizes her issues and wants to fix them the right way, that's heartening for me. I think a lot of us are willing to brainstorm ways to fix Nidalee the right way. I do think it takes others making input to help us get our brains moving toward the right direction. If you would like to brainstorm and post some suggestions I would try to help add on :D it also moves my heart seeing so many people care about Nidalee! So we should do it the right way.
NaoWhut (NA)
: Im sorry, I don't fully remember what made this 5.1 nidalee so much better in lane. Was this when nidalee jumped in the direction she was facing instead of the mouse? Was it before lock on jumping? Was it when she got +20 resistances in cougar form? Was it when her base damages we're higher, scaling lower, and the ad ratios stronger? Was this before her jump could reset? Was it the fact that her traps did max% hp damage? 5.1 was a long time ago. Since then many changes to the game have happened that would make the 5.1 nidalee garbage in today's setting. There are new champions, new items, and stronger buffed champions with answers for the top nidalee play style. However nidalee CAN be played however you want. She CAN go into any role. It's just not optimal. The same way you can go ap rengar, on hit Zoe, tank fizz etc. If you get good enough with nidalee, however, then you can play her however you want up to about diamond 4 or even 3. Some people can probably even go higher with good macro decisions. Please see my small bit about different builds if you want some ideas, those are all very fun (not always optimal, but league is a very situational game). Sometimes the best build for nidalee IS a bit tankier, or supportive, or even a split pusher - who knows! For landing spears in lane, you definitely can use those tricks. I know because I do them when I'm in lane with nidalee. However, later on in that paragraph I pointed out that there are better options for landing multiple skillshots. Nidalee's spear has always been a massive slow moving nuclear weapon! Thanks for replying, and enjoy playing nidalee! <3 {{champion:76}}
> [{quoted}](name=NaoWhut,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXvLPOEc,comment-id=002700000000,timestamp=2019-05-13T16:08:05.421+0000) > > Im sorry, I don't fully remember what made this 5.1 nidalee so much better in lane. Was this when nidalee jumped in the direction she was facing instead of the mouse? Was it before lock on jumping? Was it when she got +20 resistances in cougar form? Was it when her base damages we're higher, scaling lower, and the ad ratios stronger? Was this before her jump could reset? Was it the fact that her traps did max% hp damage? > Nidalee pounce went on 1sec cd upon killing a minion, but it was nerfed to just lower by 1 second because Nidalee clear in the jungle. They could bring that back and tune down pounce damage on monsters. Nidalee still had the lock on jumping, no resistances in cougar, her traps used to give 1500 vision range which was busted, traps used to lower enemy MR, AD Ratio was higher on cougar Q, but it was a bit high if you consider the hunt amplifying the damage. > 5.1 was a long time ago. Since then many changes to the game have happened that would make the 5.1 nidalee garbage in today's setting. There are new champions, new items, and stronger buffed champions with answers for the top nidalee play style. > The game has power creeped significantly, zoe has been released, there is more access to movement speed via waterwalking, relentless hunter, celerity, predator. A long time ago Riot buffed champion base movement speed and nerfed boots, the same time era before Nidalee's first rework. The spear got hit in terms of width and cast time since then as well. > However nidalee CAN be played however you want. She CAN go into any role. It's just not optimal. The same way you can go ap rengar, on hit Zoe, tank fizz etc. If you get good enough with nidalee, however, then you can play her however you want up to about diamond 4 or even 3. Some people can probably even go higher with good macro decisions. Please see my small bit about different builds if you want some ideas, those are all very fun (not always optimal, but league is a very situational game). Sometimes the best build for nidalee IS a bit tankier, or supportive, or even a split pusher - who knows! > Nidalee mids winrate has dropped below 40% in season 6 after all of the nerfs since the 5.2 change and Nidalee jungle was still pick/ban in worlds. > For landing spears in lane, you definitely can use those tricks. I know because I do them when I'm in lane with nidalee. However, later on in that paragraph I pointed out that there are better options for landing multiple skillshots. Nidalee's spear has always been a massive slow moving nuclear weapon! > Unfortunately it is no longer a nuclear weapon in it's current state. Sure, the first 15 minutes of the game it does decent damage but it does not scale anymore like it used to. > Thanks for replying, and enjoy playing nidalee! <3 > > {{champion:76}} Thanks for being constructive, we should brainstorm ways to make Nidalee better for everyone.
: Nidalee Players Want Riot To Step Up And Fix The Mess Riot Created.
Riot should do something about Nidalee being able to fly onto you from across the screen. As a Mordekaiser main, I would rather try to dodge more than 1 spear with my slow fat ass than a kitty clawing me from the river. Hopefully Riot doesn't do to Mordekaiser what they did to Nidalee... that was an atrocity of a rework back in season 4..
: Lane Nidalee Is Not Forgotten, Riot Needs To Do Something
: Good tbh. I used to hate Nidalee forcing me to play frogger the entire lane and being safe from any gank or mistake with her pounces. She wasn't fun to play against and not fun to play with since she generally did whatever and stole kills from afar (not to mention she fell off after starving people). Honestly the Yasuo before Yasuo. I'm glad she's like this and I hope she stays that way.
> [{quoted}](name=Cactus Merchant,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7dVLNBr,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-05-10T20:38:44.629+0000) > > Good tbh. I used to hate Nidalee forcing me to play frogger the entire lane and being safe from any gank or mistake with her pounces. She wasn't fun to play against and not fun to play with since she generally did whatever and stole kills from afar (not to mention she fell off after starving people). Honestly the Yasuo before Yasuo. I'm glad she's like this and I hope she stays that way. You also probably didn't have the skill to dodge a skillshot or power in the brain to drive her to be pretty useless all lane phase pre 6.
: Lane Nidalee Is Not Forgotten, Riot Needs To Do Something
Having a cat dive at you from 700ish range and getting 1 shot feels a lot worse than having to dodge the spear twice to not die. The cast time is slower, and the spear is more narrow, we can afford some of the damage back later game. The spear visual should be narrowed to match the hit box as well.

Mordekaiser69

Level 33 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion