: I think the master 6 and 7 is not only overpriced but also random (cause you never know what shard you will get)
no the specific mastery shards are always for the champions you need them on I was talking more about the regular champion shards you get ex: I have like 2 {{champion:102}} mastery shards and one {{champion:102}} champion shard
: But don't we rank up as far as we can with the first 10 games for placements? Last time I remember in our first 10 games we only gain LP but even that much LP can only get you so far. Do you gain more LP per win with higher MMR? Or are you referring to climbing _after_ placements?
yes we rank up as far as we can during placements what unker means is that while we are in preseason if you have the mmr of say a bronze player, but play ranked and win matches, your mmr goes up that way when you do placements for the new season you have a better chance to get in a higher mmr bracket because your mmr is higher no lp gain and loss is roughly the same regardless
Ehhhh (EUW)
: If they lock in the newest champion faster, what makes you think they are gonna be kind enough to swap? Most of the time they will instalock them because they are new, and have no intention of swapping
^^^^ leave it to aram, draft and ranked co-op vs ai is a free for all and useless outside of learning abilities (bots are braindead) as for blind...maybe
Keiaga (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RedOpticToxin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lXg7WOKd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T07:05:42.275+0000) > > **No it does not**, the purpose of blind pick is to be able to **play any champ you want without worrying about either the other team taking it or it being banned**. **_This system removes one of those elements_ **and I could see really working for modes like ranked play you said it yourself, if you want bans, don't pick BLIND pick.
^^^ there is literally no reason to put bans into blind if you want bans, go play draft or ranked draft is just a watered down version of ranked blind is a watered down version of draft adding the ban system to blind would break the whole point of the game mode
: It is true you have no control over others. I just put two options, sorry. Did you like the video?
no worries the video is interesting a tad more philosophical than I need while i'm partly sleep deprived (I woke up at like 3am my time for no real reason and couldn't fall back to sleep) though I will say this sometimes asking why something is wrong can be valuable input to determining how to fix a problem right and wrong aren't always black and white, there can be grey areas where context or information can sway a decision if I said that an animal had to die, most would view it as wrong; but they have no knowledge of the health and well-being of the animal. if the animal is sick and in pain, and there is no cure for the illness; then most would change their mind to see it as right because it would be better to end the suffering in the case of league, I will occasionally try to offer advise to someone who is having issues. though I don't do it as much as I used to; mainly because everyone is so report happy right now that i'm partly afraid to even say Hi in the chat because someone could view it as a toxic insult
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFuqfOkR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T09:55:33.976+0000) > > and the BE Emporium is only once a year and that stuff is stupidly over priced (so technically the OP is correct) Twice a year. And of course it's expensive, you get BE for free ffs > > players like you, who have every champion are probably not that numerous > other players might not want to own every champion; did you consider that Players like me? You do know that i don't own all of the champs, right? I don't even own 50% of the champs because i don't need them. But yeah sure, assume that i have all of the champs just because i pointed out the BE emporium
sorry that second bit was more directed at the OP than you since they brought up having every champion I just put it in here and forgot to direct it that way (it's 5:30am for me and I woke up 3 hours ago because brain)
Wolity (EUW)
: People sometimes dont understand what inting means and says it just for the sake of saying it. For example i had a game in which ezreal missed his ult by a little and the support start flaming him saying he is inting cuz he missed his ult and quit the game because he didnt wanted to waste his nerves with a inter.. People need to learn what the true meaning of the term is and then they will realise that the system is fair. Or for example when people says you are AFK farming lol how you are away from the key board and playing at the same time?
the down side is that the community doesn't have a true clear cut definition of inting, trolling, or afk afk is probably the only one that is close to having 100% confirmation generally it applies to "a player who is not talking in chat, not playing the game for a set time period" whether this is the same time period league has to register that someone is afk is an unknown. the only problem here would be there are players who might go afk while they are dead to maybe grab a snack, get something to drink, go to the bathroom, etc and they end up coming back to life and sit in fountain for a minute or two because they aren't back from what they are doing yet; or they can't come back because they went afk for an emergency inting is a bit harder but still has a somewhat clear cut view, to a degree. and while riot may not view it as solely based on kda, we have to because that is the only thing we have to go off of. if someone went 0/14/0 and the game ends; I would think they inted. regardless of the situation. riot may view that and see it as "they had a bad game or they had a bad lane match up" trolling however has no accurate way of determination. someone could say that trolling is "playing a champion in a lane/way they were not originally designed for." and by that default, AP {{champion:102}} is a troll because she was not meant to be played that way. However Riot is "generally" (I emphasize that word heavily) ok with us doing weird stuff like that as long as we aren't intentionally trying to ruin the game for our team
: Based on what this community says, fix yourself.
why is there not a third option that is "other"? look, i'll admit, I make mistakes in games and I don't always admit when they are my mistake (working on this). but when I have a team mate who is feeding their buts off; going 0/8 despite every other lane doing decent, I will blame them for their shortcoming. I have no control over how they play and I refuse to blame myself for something they did
: Ultimate Season 10 Hecarim Guide (Jungle)
you lost me with the fact that it doesn't have Pred all hail speedbump hec
: Remove FF From the Game in RANKED.
How bout no some games can not be won I would rather FF off a lost game and move onto the next, then sit in a match for another 10 min trying to come back if you don't like how the system works _points to the door_ you are free to leave and no one will stop you
Paroe (NA)
: Have you never seen riots surveys? Theyre always loaded questions. The question for this topic would be "Does autofill reduce queue times?" The answer is an unequivocal "yes", therefore everyone likes autofill.
we don't like autofill we tolerate it it is the lesser of two evils and to the OP please, do some research on this subject there was an AskRiot awhile back that covered this topic https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/06/ask-riot-autofilled/ tl:dr "Autofill was introduced as a last resort way of ensuring people didn’t sit in queues for ridiculously long stretches." without autofill queue times would be, at a bare minimum 3 times what they are and you could argue "Well just make it so players that don't want it, turn it off." Then no one has it on because no one wants to risk the chance of getting filled into a role they don't know how to play, or can't play well and thus queue times jump
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=StopFriendZone,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFuqfOkR,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-11T09:12:15.665+0000) > > 1. Blue Essence can only be used on Champions. So a lot of players (not me) are currently holding too much BE without any purpose because they got all the champions. BE Emporium? Tons of stuff for BE And you can use BE to level up mastery levels
That requires you to have the shards (champion or mastery) in order to level that up and the BE Emporium is only once a year and that stuff is stupidly over priced (so technically the OP is correct) players have been complaining about the BE system since it was first released and the down side is we have two completely different sides of an argument players like you, who have every champion are probably not that numerous other players might not want to own every champion; did you consider that I doubt Riot will change the system most players have gotten used to it by now
Speeedy (NA)
: Should Free Speech be allowed in video games? (school project)
with in reason the issue is the not all games are marketed solely towards the American audience especially league hate speech/racial slurs, death threats/telling someone to kys, etc shouldn't be allowed at all even if you have the freedom of speech that doesn't mean that everything you say isn't going to effect someone else and context doesn't mean anything, if I make fun of a friend and they know i'm joking, that doesn't mean the other people i'm playing with know that
: And what about... just punish them?
> [{quoted}](name=Veloz Destello,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TVxxdEUn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-09T16:46:17.230+0000) > > And what about... just punish them? sadly there is no system riot has (or exists to my knowledge) that can 100% determine and punish a troll mainly because the community can't even come to a clear cut definition of what "trolling" means cause for some that equates to "playing a champion in a lane they are not meant to be played in, with an off-meta build"
SansAnime (EUNE)
: Who has the heaviest sword in LOL?
everyone giving out answers like {{champion:92}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:266}} and {{champion:23}} lies and slander. all of it {{champion:17}} has the heaviest sword and he doesn't even use one
darkdill (NA)
: I'm pretty sure Tiana Crownguard has her suspicions or knows about Lux from her sister (Lux's mother). Also, as far as I know, isn't it Demacian law that if a mage is part of your family, your entire family gets exiled or imprisoned or wiped out? Or at least, that's how J4 is doing it.
Again, I'm not super well versed in lore, so you could be right
: Well they could develop better detection methods of obvious automated accounts, and then flag them for review. They could make it so a phone number can verify at most three accounts. This would reduce bots significantly, even if not entirely. In today's world, just about everyone has a cell phone, or at least everyone who would be interested in playing LoL. :P So it would be very rare for one household to all have the same number, but three just in case, say there's a parent who won't let their kid have a phone. Blocking VoIP providers would prevent people from using sites that use fake numbers for free SMS messages, and from signing up somewhere such as Google Voice to get a free number. While they can't remove bots 100% they could maybe at least reduce them 90%? Most of my games have at least one bot, sometimes up to 3 or 4, it is frustrating lol.
well it doesn't even have to be a cell phone though that would be the preference the other thing they could do, though i'm hesitant to suggest it; would be to implement some sort of unique ip block where, if your IP is not from that country, you can't access that server granted they would need to classify vpns as third party software that would register with the anti-cheat of league so that match made games wouldn't work (custom games could still be viable, since those aren't done through the main servers) the only reason I even suggest that second thing is most bots are run by other countries; its some guy in china who just gets the account to 30 and then sells it for some bank
darkdill (NA)
: Do you suppose Lux would ever renounce herself as a Crownguard if she had to?
1) As far as I know lore wise, Garen is the only person that knows about lux's power in their family. And he told her to keep it hidden; so he could viably claim plausible deniability. [I could be wrong on that] 2) Unless there is a change in the seat of power within Demacia, or they change their stance on mages; more than likely even if she considers herself Crownguard, now that her secret is out, she would have been renounced by the order.
: Seeing a lot of bots in 5v5 PvP
sadly there isn't much Riot can do against bots for every bot they take down, another 5 can easily replace it short of Riot making it so League accounts are connected to something unique; bots will always exist phone numbers wouldn't 100% work, since often you can have a household with 1 number and multiple people playing the game
: Dom had too many balance issues and the higher you got the worse matches felt.
that and almost no one played it it had the lowest player base of all the game modes
: Can we expand the "rune shards"?
the rune shards are more of additions than anything else; that is why they are distinct the keystones and main runes are supposed to be your focus, while the shards are just gateways to help cover extra bases, or build on what you plan to do as an example my Support/Tank Runeset is Grasp, Demolish, Conditioning, Overgrowth, Cosmic Insight and Biscuit with CDR, Armor, and MR the first shard is either helping me get a bit more damage because I may not always be able to grab 40% cdr on my items depending on what I need to build the second and third are just adding a bit more (but minimal) numbers to my defenses so I can take some more hits before going down adding more shards or having mirrior runes (that i'm assuming are just watered down versions of the main runes in the pages) could viably break those extra slots what other shards would you add? The ones we got pretty much cover most bases and as for mirror runes, that would just break the system; because what if I could run two runes from the same line that both benefit my champion just because I have a mirror rune?
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JXtdEJKw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T14:41:58.192+0000) > > ^^^ > > if we get URF again in any form for Christmas it will be Snowdown URF; where only champions that have winter themed skins are playable Highly doubt that, since it's 2 weeks before christmas, and riot is yet to announce any event regarding x-mas, and we'll also have a Dawnbringer Event soon. Its riot ffs, o you rly think they give a fuck? xD
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JXtdEJKw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T15:04:41.990+0000) > > Highly doubt that, since it's 2 weeks before christmas, and riot is yet to announce any event regarding x-mas, and we'll also have a Dawnbringer Event soon. > > Its riot ffs, o you rly think they give a fuck? xD the Dawnbringer/Nightbringer isn't an event and you'd be surprised, sometimes they drop stuff on us with almost 0 warning
: What do you prefer? getting deleted in 0.1 seconds with 3k hp or having a meta where u can do something without being one shotting everyone? One shot is really unhealthy and league started to decay when this one shot based meta started to appear
the only time I hope to die in 0.1s at 3K hp is if i'm in a 2-3+hr long match that somehow ends up being watched by RossBoomSocks
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:37:56.596+0000) > > Zed clones inherit your items so people are putting G.A./Redemption on him so that you end up with like 40 Zeds that constantly resurrect and heal the entire team. So...what's to fix? That's intentional. It's in the goddamn tooltip.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:40:16.105+0000) > > So...what's to fix? That's intentional. It's in the goddamn tooltip. that is broken you know when you have an entire board filled with zeds all having the same tier/items as the original zed
: Riot is not bringing him back. They reworked him because the old kit was problematic as hell and was literally unfixable without basically making it the live kit anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TkBuUIWZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T14:56:02.868+0000) > > Riot is not bringing him back. They reworked him because the old kit was problematic as hell and was literally unfixable without basically making it the live kit anyways. no he wasn't if you look at the mini-rework he got about a month before the full VGU hit, he was actually in a decent place for all intents and purposes that was the Aatrox most of the player base was promised/wanted when he was released Sure it probably could have still used some fixes (almost any champion does) but he was in a much better spot on a different note, don't say they won't bring him back. they've reverted a few champions to previous states because of player feedback
: Please ban Senna out of ARAM games, or release a hot fix to nerf her to a reasonable ARAM strength!
the issue is that you are complaining about a mid-late game champion in a game mode where most matches last 15-20 on average if she is online by 10 min into a match of aram then that is not the fault of the champion, that is the fault of your team for not ensuring she can't do much if you see a Senna in a match, then make her the target even though you do get gold over time in aram, if she isn't getting kills or assists because she is dead (and thus not getting gold to buy more items) she isn't a problem
: Same reason why Irelia’s spin isn’t stopped by CC.
: Malzahar is really strong right now as a soloq midlaner, he has a 52% winrate in plat+ He's definitely not a jungler It's okay to suggest a new void champion but Malzahar doesn't need a rework
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yr45Uu7t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:13:29.794+0000) > He's definitely not a jungler I now feel the need to do something stupid but i'll do it in a premade group of friends who won't mind the aforementioned stupid
iiGazeii (NA)
: Now that Worlds is over, I hope the devs have some big plans for the "problematic" champions like Tahm, Aatrox, and Akali. Their mechanics make them very difficult to balance for both pro play and the ladder, and it sucks to see them get dumpstered for us in order to not be pick/ban for the pros. Large scale work that readjusts how they function would be much appreciated.
here's how to fix Aatrox keep the VGU but revert his kit to that mini-rework that existed like a month before the VGU because he was actually good and not a Riven clone
: >What´s purpose of building armor if the enemy can just build lethality items? Isnt the reverse true as well? Whats the purpose of building letthality if it gets cancelled out by cheaper armor items like cloth armor. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Serrated_Dirk https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Cloth_Armor Why do i have to spend 225 gold on lethality which is cancelled out by one cloth armor and still leaves the opponent 5 armor which is 100 gold worth of armor meaning the opponent cancelled out my 225 gold with 200 gold. How is that fair? Furthermore, i dont even get 10 lethality from dirk until level 18, so im not even cancelled out 200g from that cloth armor while spending 225 gold, how is this fair? Edit: >Reduce League´s overall damage by half. One more thing, You never explained why for this? Like the reduced dmg you did but why half?
in accordance with the op wishes, league will now be cancelled as reducing half of all damage just makes the game boring as fuck and everyone has quit oh wait, I was wrong there's a few people left playing shit like Cho'gath, Veigar, Nasus...basically anything that can scale infinitely have fun only playing those champions
iMidg3t (EUW)
: We had URF recently.
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JXtdEJKw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T14:39:11.729+0000) > > We had URF recently. ^^^ if we get URF again in any form for Christmas it will be Snowdown URF; where only champions that have winter themed skins are playable
NOT TEEM0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZoYmMsy5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T12:25:31.647+0000) > > ^^^ > > yeah I don't care far behind or ahead I am > > if I know I can die to a 3 man gank and I have no idea where the enemy team is, I will not push too far for fear of said 3 man gank Have fun playing with such teammates while the entire enemy team is pushing one lane.
> [{quoted}](name=NOT TEEM0,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZoYmMsy5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T19:08:22.937+0000) > > Have fun playing with such teammates while the entire enemy team is pushing one lane. oh if I know where they are i'll deffinately try and push I've done that quite a few times when the enemy team is all in one lane (even if that is mid lane and im trying to push a side lane) I usually have enough time to get the lane pushed back to normal and maybe a bit more before I know I have to back off since a gank is likely headed my way
Zac x Me (NA)
: no
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3mOWTErp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:09:30.674+0000) > > no I think I got mine via a chest reward cause I don't ever remember meeting a rioter (unless they were sneaky and hid themselves really well) and I certainly didn't attend the LoL event in 2014
: Make Ranked/solo queue better!
that would probably break ranked while ranked does need to be fixed, what you are suggesting isn't a fix that would work either at all or for very long
: You're probably making correct observations about your games - but what are you doing to turn those lane focused games into a global possibility? Are you top lane running TP, bot lane gets pushed, you TP behind the enemy and collapse on them? Are you mid, helping the jungler with the river control? Often times, the problem isn't your skill in the game, it's skill in communication.
you mean that thing that doesn't exist unless it is for flame because everyone is afraid to say even something simple like "HI" for fear of getting reported for saying something in chat?
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Considering you listed 8 different traditional marksmen out of 20 total listed picks botlane (2 of which arent even marksmen) then i'd say there is a healthy variety. You didnt even list Lucian, or Jinx who have pretty high pickrates aswell.
so all in favor of just screwing with the op and either a) picking only those champions or b) picking mage apcs
: not pushing shouldn't ever be reportable people can have reasons to not push, fear of ganks, not wanting to overextend people would abuse it and say that people were refusing to push even if logically they probably shouldn't
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZoYmMsy5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T11:20:19.220+0000) > > not pushing shouldn't ever be reportable > people can have reasons to not push, fear of ganks, not wanting to overextend > people would abuse it and say that people were refusing to push even if logically they probably shouldn't ^^^ yeah I don't care far behind or ahead I am if I know I can die to a 3 man gank and I have no idea where the enemy team is, I will not push too far for fear of said 3 man gank
VeryATM (NA)
: Do u have any clue about which part i should check with? Cuz I can watch Youtube or play other online games with no connect problem at all.
then it might just be League's spaghetti code which sadly there's not much that can be done about that
Rewt (NA)
: Im fully aware of What Auto Fill is. Im saying that he could actually learn to play every role. And if you run Fill as your secondary you never have to worry about auto fill because you are already expecting to get filled. Really the only people I ever hear complain about Auto Fill are Mid/ADC/Top Player. And of that group mostly just Mid/ADC. Maybe move out of your comfort zone and play other roles.
the issues though is that each role often requires a different mind set/play style and not everyone is suited for every role I have tried to learn how to jungle and I understand how to; I just can't i'm beyond horrible at the role so I rarely run it (thankfully I rarely get it as well via autofill)
m0zz4r3ll4 (EUNE)
: "we removed Tribunal because people would just press "punish" to get rewards" -RIOT Then remove the rewards. I know RIOT failed at Social Studies, but this argument is just plain stupid
before rewards were added in tribunal cases would go weeks or months without anything being done on them
: Why is no one abusing storm razor on garen
probably because stormrazor is rather situational on adcs at best on a garen it is a weird off-meta item, even with how things have changed for him
CyberPhobic (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AivU66WZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:03:55.558+0000) > > You do realize that IP bans do more bad than good > They don't work > They just fuck over internet cafes and dorms Ah, I didnt think about that
yeah I think they tried ip banning at one point but due to the issued caused with the above, they scrapped it
: Winter themed map?
this year? the updates to the SR map and how drakes effect the map
SirEnds (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xelaker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aJ6KLgcQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-06T16:26:29.787+0000) > > Or take out both of those cancer items... I dont think Riot wants less item diversity lol
I just want them to fix it so Zhonya's activating stops all actions, regardless of them being active before using Zhonya's (i.e Fiddle Ult, Kat Ult, etc)
: Unless you can prove indefinitely you werent on your account when you got banned, rip your account
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xvwXrExf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-06T16:24:33.588+0000) > > Unless you can prove indefinitely you werent on your account when you got banned, rip your account he could likely get hospital copies of his paper work and send them to riot via email if need be, blacking out an info that they wouldn't need (which would more than likely be the date of admittance and the date of release) along with any other info they might need normally
: How does the Cloud Drake buff work exactly?
No because I don't think the CDR is always going off the original value I did a test with {{champion:82}} because at lvl 16 his ult CD is 100 [no items or runes included] now since Ult Hunter gives you 5% off your Ult by default and you get 5% CDR from Cosmic Insight, your Ult technically starts with a 10% CDR on it His ult, at that level with those two CDR boosts in place; has a total cd of 90.25s with the added 40% CDR from various items, his Ult drops down to 52.25 10% First Cloud Drake = 46.75 10% Second Cloud Drake= 41.25 10% Third Cloud Drake = 35.75 10% Fourth Cloud Drake = 30.25 Ult Hunter can gain 5 stacks at 4% each Now I can only get 4% with the Practice Tool, but that will give me the number to go off of to get the rest One stack of Ult Hunter = 28.05 Please note the other 4 stacks will go off the new value I get rather than the original 100 CD value The new value may be a bit off compared to official Riot math but it is likely the best you will get 2nd = 26.93 3rd = 25.86 4th = 24.83 5th = 23.84 Now someone who works from Riot is more than welcome to check this and correct it if I'm wrong But I did the best I could given the circumstances and limitations of League (i.e. not being able to guarantee 4 Cloud Drakes to spawn in a normal match and not being able to have more than 1 bot in the practice tool to see exact number values off the last known value)
: Where is a better MOBA?
The other MOBAs that exist are just as bad or worse off than League is
Zertryx (NA)
: I NEVER FELT any kinda BAN for chat related things should happen tbh, use the mute function, spend less time promoting players to report and more time promoting the use of moving the chat window / muting players. Honestly all the report feature ever did was cause players who normally are not toxic to become toxic by typing in all chat "please report so n so they said this or said that " ect ect ect .... Just chat restrict for chat offenses. However other type of griefing (Inters and trolls) thats where stuff gets murky, because 9 out of 10 times people will witch hunt and shout "Inter inter" to a guy who is just doing really bad, and the problem is especially now that level gaps and high damage is so dominant once you fall behind its very hard to not die again to your lane WITHOUT help. But again what ends up happening is people lose focuz and start spamming chat with "report him/her pls, report report" (WITCH WITCH WITCH!) this causes people to loose focuz and start doing poorly themselves and then blaming the loss even more on the original person they started yelling at. I look back at older games i use to play that had competitive scenes and notice something very interesting, I always felt older games were less toxic, and whats even funnier is they usually lacked a report system other than for Real life threats / hackers, most the time people just muted others when they got tired of people talking shit Because i guarantee MOST of the reports in this game are sparked because of CHAT first (why do you think a lot of games are starting to remove chats and just have emojis) I Bet if riot removed the chat there would be a lot less griefers, most the time i see a griefer its because they were getting harassed in chat first got fed up with the person harassing them and decided "i dont want you to win" but games were 3-4 of the players do bad and NO ONE Talks i end up actually winning those games because we manage to pull back and overcome our down falls because we were focused and not typing "report report report" So me id remove bans, id remove chat our ping system at this time is good enough now, or make chat turned off by default and have players have the option to turn it on, and just let others mute what they dont wanna see. I come from many games with many shit talkers and they were all less toxic than this game and those games had almost no report system or it was very out of the way to access.
so you want trolls/inters, toxic players to exist in this game? that's kind of dumb, no offense chat bans make up the majority of bans because riot has an automated system in place to search for key words/phrases if someone is reported for saying something bans for things like trolling or inting aren't as common because the community can't come to a clear cut answer as to what qualifies as troll or int now yes, we might have a more clear cut view of inting, but the issue lies in the fact that a player can go 0/12 and not be viewed as inting because someone from riot will look at the game and go "Well maybe they had a bad game or they had a bad matchup in lane." People will always view stuff like that differently and thus there is no true 100% clear cut trolls however are an enigma some players view trolling as "playing a champion outside of the way it is meant to be played" the thing is riot is generally ok with us playing champions in weird ways and with weird builds because there is a thing called player freedom as long as we aren't intentionally trying to ruin the game we are in for others {{champion:102}} was more than likely never meant to be played AP but due to the scaling her E has with the stat it became an off-meta (now slightly more meta) staple way to played also you talk about removing chat or disabling it, that won't solve any problems, just move them somewhere else Riot/League used to have an infinitely scaling punishment system, permabans still existed but were rare and saved for the worst of the worst They found that players who got a chat ban for x amount of time would troll their matches in other ways They moved to this new system because the old one didn't work
: I certainly feel permanents actually cause more harm than good. Most just create new accounts, scare away new players by either flaming, smurfing on them, or both. I don't know for sure what to do but possibly a permanent chat restriction or removal of chat entirely. "BuT tHeN tHeY wIlL jUsT iNt" but then you catch the REAL people who are ruining the game and can more appropriately punish them in some way.. just an idea but I'm not really the best at this area so y'know, i likely don't have the best opinion :3
actually that isn't that accurate I think Riot did a check awhile back and most players that get permaed stay away from league this is generally because they spent X amount of money on the game and now have lost all that money they spent very few people who get permaed come back to league some reform...others continue their cycle granted this is from I have no idea how long ago so it may no longer be accurate, for all I know you are right and everyone who gets permaed just creates a new account to come back and either reform or continue the troll
Revech (NA)
: Pro play is a completely different game from what the rest of the world plays.
given that in a general pro match you can often go 30+ min without anyone dying I would think that it is a very different game meanwhile down here in bronze in that same time period you could easily have a match with 30+ deaths
Show more

MordridtheBlack

Level 191 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion