: I know I will probably get hate for saying this but I would rather see someone else get PROJECT skins this year. Since **MONSTROSITY** is taking the prime focus in terms of direction here are my suggestive candidates... {{champion:110}} {{champion:429}} You might think that i'm being biased at first but I promise there's really an idea as to why specifically those two. Both of them went through a journey (in their Lores) were they were both Human, and then later become something far more sinister. But they both share a similar purpose: they both inflict CHAOS for two seperate reasons. Varus is causing destruction and is fueled by revenge, and seeks **RETRIBUTION** for what came of his brethren. Kalista endlessly pursues anyone and everyone who has broken oaths, betrayed, or has a lot of blood on their hands in general, and she brings **VENGEANCE**. Looking at both of these goals, it is what made and still is making them **MONSTROUS** with each step of the way. So that's why I think this new PROJECT skin like should be called... * ##PROJECT://_C͜Ǫ҉͘R̵Ŕ҉U̴̵P̶͘TÈ҉D > I just don't see how both Jinx and Pyke (who are more human) can be more Monstrous than Varus and Kalista. Additionally, both Jinx and Pyke follow more of a madness role, than a **MONSTROUS** one. And as someone else has said it before already, Pyke still got a skin quite recently. If not Varus then Kalista, she deserves a Skin considering she only has one non LCS themed Skin. > Just imagine even if it was like a mini VS during this PROJECT event, between these two... #{{champion:110}} R̴E̶̛ŢR͟͢IB̛ÙT̵̶̕I̧͟҉Ǫ̕͜N͘ [vs] V̵͜͡ÈN̕͏G̶͡E̷À͝N̸C͏̨̕E {{champion:429}}
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=243gIhRT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:06:17.818+0000) > > I know I will probably get hate for saying this but I would rather see someone else get PROJECT skins this year. Since **MONSTROSITY** is taking the prime focus in terms of direction here are my suggestive candidates... > > {{champion:110}} {{champion:429}} Hurr durr. Let's talk monstrous but ignore the champions that are actual **monsters**. {{champion:421}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:120}} Yes, I get it. Project is supposed to be an augmented humanoid series. {{champion:120}} Would fit easily, due to being a centaur. Some sort of cyber centaur, make the bottom half vehicle (rather than horse) based. {{champion:421}} could fit as a rogue AI that cobbled together a form / took something over. Or, to really go above and beyond, make her a militarized stasis unit; with someone inside of her long insectile tail, similar to how 40k dreadnaughts work. {{champion:56}} could be similar to Zed, but less ninja and more cyber-image / projection. {{champion:19}} Could fit just as well as anyone else, all that you really need is a wolf head / helmet aug. But no. Instead, lets just shove more skins onto champions that already have plenty, like Jinx and Pyke. And when we try to play around MONSTROSITY as a over-arching concept, let's clearly just pick more half-dressed humanoids. Fuck the actual monsters. :^)
: What in your experience is the strongest roles to duo together with?
Jungle / mid is best combination of reliable and influential, because of the roam potential / objective access. Jungle / support is a close second. It's a -bit- more iffy due to how a truly awful adc can really fuck things up, but baring that you can easily get 80% of your team super fed, secure dragons, and run away with the game.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Talinis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o01oW9Ob,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-06T07:29:24.041+0000) > > Ya, meanwhile the precision tree is able to get 18% lifesteal after stacking for a very short bit which many champions also use and fleet footwork. Domination is hardly an issue because it requires kills to stack up, whereas the 18% lifesteal just requires minions. To be fair, the 18% lifesteal rune takes a hell of a lot longer to stack up compared to the other Legend runes. Not to mention, you can easily stack Ravenous Hunter in one teamfight as all you'd need is a takedown.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o01oW9Ob,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-06T07:44:18.663+0000) > > To be fair, the 18% lifesteal rune takes a hell of a lot longer to stack up compared to the other Legend runes. Not to mention, you can easily stack Ravenous Hunter in one teamfight as all you'd need is a takedown. And that's why ravenous hunter is weaker by design. It only stacks to 14% (I think? Right?). More than that, it only effects abilities; and is 33% effective on AoE. So on Aoe abilities, you get less than 5% healing back. As has been said, there are **very ** few champions who actually get much benefit out of Ravenous Hunter. It's alright to help people who want to play defensively survive rough lanes / early games, but it's really not doing much then.
: Please Riot, these Renek and Kled changes are terrible for toplane. What are u doing?
Champions are supposed to have counters and niches. These changes, like them or not, are designed around that. They're reinforcing Kled's role at beating semi-squishy sustainers, like Vlad. They're reinforcing Renekton's role as busting people who depend on shields such as Camile and Riven. This power won't have much of an impact on them in lanes they're not already good it. Also, there's a super important flip-side to this coin: Without a strong game of rock-paper-scissors, we end up with stagnation. If all top laners can reasonably lane into eachother, and do reasonably well with roughly equal skill, then counter picking goes away and we only see the most broken of top laners. We've seen this before when Renekton took over top lane and kicked literally every other champ (except for like, Jayce and Elise) out of the lane. Camile did it for months after her release. Garen and Darius did this immediately after the juggernaut rework. There are other examples, but I'm not just going to rattle them all off. While I'm not going to argue that top is currently healthy or fun, I'll argue that the pick variety in the lane is the best it's been in quite a few years. Diversity unfortunately comes at a cost, like literally everything else in the game.
: >essence is generated by number of individual ability / auto strikes Where did you get this information from? All I can find about his orb generation is that he gets orbs for every instance of damage he deals, excluding DoT effects (these used to create them, too, but this got removed for balance reasons). So according to the information I have, no, his Q does not function as two seperate attacks. Just as two seperate instances of damage. There is a difference. Stuff like Heimerdinger's W rockets also count all as different instances of damage, but it is still one spell attack. Would be pretty insane if Heimerdinger could proc Conqueror with just one single well aimed W.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z6uj1Agv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T06:51:34.126+0000) > > Where did you get this information from? > All I can find about his orb generation is that he gets orbs for every instance of damage he deals, excluding DoT effects (these used to create them, too, but this got removed for balance reasons). > > So according to the information I have, no, his Q does not function as two seperate attacks. Just as two seperate instances of damage. There is a difference. > > Stuff like Heimerdinger's W rockets also count all as different instances of damage, but it is still one spell attack. Would be pretty insane if Heimerdinger could proc Conqueror with just one single well aimed W. Play Kayn, Q someone, watch as essence comes out on both the dash and the slash. You're misinterpreting what I'm saying, by the way. I'm saying that **for this specific mechanic**, Kayn's Q functions in a specific way. I also then go on to out-right state that it's probably entirely due to the way his kit is designed and to not make essence gathering even more frustrating than it already can be.
: How did u guys climb silver? (jungle main)
I don't think {{champion:28}} is a good champion to carry out of silver with. Why? Well. In Bronze and below, you basically just need to get powerful enough to win 1v2s / the occasional 1v3. Broadly speaking people that low don't have any idea about objective gameplay or team fights. They will literally go the entire game alone / with maybe one other person, and not understand why that's a problem. Eve is great at that. Silver is a bit different. People are still pretty.. well, not objective savvy, but most of them recognize that they're a thing. People won't bluntly **refuse** to show up for Dragon / Baron / take towers, they'll just show up late. Also, they understand that team fights are a thing and numbers is an advantage. As a result it's not super uncommon to see silver teams actually group in the mid / late game try to push stuff down / secure objectives. It's usually very awkwardly done and easy to deflect, but it happens. This is a problem because even a hugely fed Eve can't stand upto that many people on her own. I say "on her own" because, as a jungler, you can never depend on your teammates to do anything. Unless they're explicitly in a VOIP with you, they can never be trusted to be more than useful meat shields / sources of random damage / CC. It's better to think that way, you'll function better. My genuine recommendation is to pick up a champion who's snowball is a bit more.. **forceful**. Champions like {{champion:5}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:77}} can establish an early edge and then transition into being the assassin / carry / damage dealer they want to be, but also have the innate beef to soak hits / start fights / play the role of a pseudo tank. The tank part is important. Tanks win games with initiation and damage soaking, but being a tank is a thankless role which depends on your teammates being smart enough to follow up on your decisions. Hint: They won't. As such, in lower elos, you're better off playing damage dealers who can become tanky when ahead. Eve will serve you better in higher ranges when players are.. Not great, but generally a bit smarter. She can snowball lanes, and capitalize on her team responding to her presence properly. You won't see that in Silver, so you need to play a champ who's less 'finesse' and more 'brute force'.
: Renekton's W and Shyvana's Q count doubled for PTA and Conqueror, because they are seen as 2 auto attacks by the game. This doesn't apply to Kayn's Q. Abilities which hit multiple times just count once for Conqueror. This is about consistency, there is no reason why Kayn's Q should be the exception here. And does Rhaast actually need QoL improvements? As far as I know, Rhaast is pretty much already favoured in most situations.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z6uj1Agv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-27T06:16:12.936+0000) > > Renekton's W and Shyvana's Q count doubled for PTA and Conqueror, because they are seen as 2 auto attacks by the game. > > This doesn't apply to Kayn's Q. Abilities which hit multiple times just count once for Conqueror. This is about consistency, there is no reason why Kayn's Q should be the exception here. And does Rhaast actually need QoL improvements? As far as I know, Rhaast is pretty much already favoured in most situations. Kayn's Q generates two instances of essence, and essence is generated by number of individual ability / auto strikes, rather than raw damage dealt. So at least in that sense, it functions as two separate attacks. I realize that's probably due to the way his essence system functions, and it'd feel super shitty if it didn't work like that, but just pointing it out. : p
: In regards to off meta play, why does everyone imply communication works at all?
Troll picking =/= off meta. Reasonably speaking, there are two ways of playing 'off meta': The first is positioning related. For example: Playing Garen as a jungler is off-meta. It's off meta because his jungle pick rate is non existent, he does not have any (commonly known) strengths for jungling, and he's not designed with jungling in mind / even as an aside. As such, picking Garen in the jungle role is strange, and out of meta. Other examples of this could be: Bard mid, Zed support. It is worth noting that 'off-meta' positioning picks generally do not fulfill all of the 'criteria' for a role (Garen jungle ganks would be pretty weak), but are often times passable / decent at another aspect (Garen jungle would have a decent clear speed and semi-decent jungle sustain). The second is build related: For example, full AP Shyvana is off-meta. It's off meta because Shyvana is demonstrably designed to be a tanky AD bruiser. This is something Riot has said. However she still has AP ratios, so she can benefit from AP items, and as such playing her as full AP is not 'useless', although it might be suboptimal. Other examples of this include bruiser / AD Akali, full AP Cho, bruiser Nid, and others. It is worth noting that sometimes 'off-meta' turns out to be insanely strong, in which case it actually becomes meta where as the 'norm' then becomes off meta. Good examples of this include Jungle Nidalee, AP Nidalee, bruiser Akali (pre and post rework), ADC Kennen, Full-AP-Mid Kog'maw, Full-AP-mid Janna, ect. It's also not uncommon for these builds to get absolutely dumpstered with nerfs. Now, let's talk about troll picks. Troll picks are basically the same two 'off meta' playstyles, but with malicious intent: Positioning related: Jungle Yuumi would be a troll pick. This is because a large portion of Yuumi's kit cannot be used in the jungle roll; not that it can't be used well / doesn't play into it, but it straight up cannot be used. Also, unlike other 'uncommon' jungler picks (Karthus, Garen, Renekton), she has absolutely no tools to give her a strong jungle clear. This flags her as a pick which is weak in every single area that she must fulfill for the desired role. Build related: Annie has the ability to auto attack from range (something not unique to her). Beyond that she has absolutely no synergy with AD or attack speed items; every single one of her scalings is AP, and she gains no reward (bonus AP damage, tagging targets with debuffs, 3-hit-procs, ect) from building such items. As such, building ADC Annie would be a troll pick. I do not mean that playing Annie as the 'ADC' role in botlane, and building AP would be a troll pick. That's off-meta. But building her as full AD & AS would be a troll pick, because she has absolutely no synergy with AD (Renekton has more synergy with AP than Annie does with AD). Beyond that, there are a few outliers. Something like a support-top at the cost of solo bot would depend on what's being played. A Leona 'supporting' a Darius, and playing as a regular support, is merely off-meta. A Zed 'supporting' that same Darius, & attempting to take every single CS out from under him, is troll picking.
: You cant bully someone that you cant kill without a mechanic like teemos blind. The bully is the person WITH kill pressure that can exert it if need be. If you dont have kill pressure you cant bully people its that simple. If pantheon is laning vs a blits crank or a thresh or a naut or a leona, or something like that, and pantheon attempts to bully them when enemy jg is top side, all thats gonna happen is he is gonna either A oom or B die. Theres no imbetween. You seem to also miss the point of why pro players and high elo players play passively. Its not because lane bullis are super threatening, its because if the enemy jg is high elo, they will play around their lane bully, and they win the 2v2 if it comes. Low elos thats not true, so lane bullies HAVE TO KILL to be strong. Zoning people works when you can kill them. *its worth it to lose 3 casters and a melee(that's worth what, 80g?)* Its over 100 typically, and its also 800 gold worth of stats from the level you will lose, and if the enemy ISNT a lane bully but is a scaler and you backed for fear of being ganked, and your now BEHIND that scaler who is also UP 100 gold from getting his 4 minions, and maybe more for getting that turret plate or 2, then you literally just like 5 kills worth of gold. Yea, 100 gold you didnt get, 100 gold they did get plus the level of 800 gold worth of stats(that will remain permanently as they will also hit lvl 5/6/7/8 before you meaning you are ALWAYS behind) until they are forced to recall and you get to free farm, they will pressure you. Seems like YOU arent understanding how bullies and jgs work. You said it yourself, they dont NEED to kill you to abuse you/bully appropriately. Zoning people off of FARM is worth is worth, then you state that the jg is wasting time if the enemy laner recalls and loses a wave or half a wave as some kinda defense for how jgs dont dictate top or something like your logic doesnt even add up.... Whats worse than laning vs a lane bully thats also a scaling champion? doing it vs a jg thats also the same way.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5ubNceOG,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-17T08:33:00.135+0000) > > **The bully is the person WITH kill pressure that can exert it if need be.** So, this is the first egregious error in your post, and arguably the biggest one. The "I can kill them when I want to," mantra is an explicitly.. Well, low elo / low skill thinking thing. Because, bluntly, it's not true. People who know how to play safe invalidate it. The correct ideology is "The bully is the person with kill pressure that can be exerted if the enemy misplays." Your mentality about this entire thing is just.. idk. Really, really poor. You talk about how you can't let a scaler get ahead, but when the alternative is literally dying to them, you just have to let them get ahead. That's how the game works. Learning how to lose lane gracefully; I.E. without feeding your ass off, is an important skill to have. If the enemy Irelia is going to walk out of lane with 160 cs to your 80, it's going to suck. If the enemy Irelia is going to walk out of lane with 160 cs to your 80, but also 4 kills and 4 assists to your 3 kills and 8 deaths, it's going to suck even harder. There are some situations where you cannot win, and losing while leeching xp / not feeding is the best you can do. That's just the way it goes sometimes.
: Lane bullies that dont lane bully/ have to not lane bully, arent strong if they dont lane bully, and fall off and become useless. Pantheon top being camped by a j4, against a fiora? whats he supposed to do? Tbh camping and these ganks arent the same, but yea jg dictates lanes so much that pro players dont pick such risky picks as lane bullies that cant 1v2. Its pretty much pointless to NOT pick a scaler these days.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5ubNceOG,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-06-16T08:06:41.740+0000) > > Lane bullies that dont lane bully/ have to not lane bully, arent strong if they dont lane bully, and fall off and become useless. > Pantheon top being camped by a j4, against a fiora? whats he supposed to do? > Tbh camping and these ganks arent the same, but yea jg dictates lanes so much that pro players dont pick such risky picks as lane bullies that cant 1v2. Its pretty much pointless to NOT pick a scaler these days. Let me clear up a common misconception for you: Bullying =/= killing. Now, with that out of the way, **you're not a very good bully if you fall massively behind due to making shit choices.** Bullies don't have to kill laners to do their job. That mentality is almost entirely a gold-and-below thing. Once you get to higher elos, it's rare to see a laner pick up more than 1-2 kills outside of ganking situations. The reason is because people there start to know what fights they can & can't win, as well as how bullies play. So as a result, bully champs become less about "farm my enemy laner" and more about "deny my enemy laner farm". Which, bluntly, rules out bullies that are ONLY good past lane phase if they get obscenely fed. Fortunately, current Morde doesn't have to get obscenely fed to be good past lane phase. Also, ffs. Being a lane bully doesn't mean you live at the enemy's tower. If you're dying repeatedly way past river, within spitting distance of the enemy tower, then the fault is squarely on your head. It is not your jungler's job to jack off in your bush for five minutes waiting for the inevitable gank to come so they can help out. Believe it or not, they've got other shit to do on the map than hold your hand. The solution in this situation is simple: Be self sufficient & play safe. It's absolutely worth it to lose 3 casters and a melee (that's what, 80g?) or even most / all of a wave, if it means safely backing before a gank and denying the enemy team the kill + assist that you'd otherwise give. In this case, the replay shows OP playing games under Irelia's tower. Harassing her when the lane is shoved ALL THE WAY IN, or whacking at the tower with 0 vision like the jungler isn't going to come gank them. It's r%%%%%ation at its finest, and he has no right to get tilted because of his own poor play.
YaraUwU (NA)
: I cannot fucking stand when junglers get to camp top unanswered.
> [{quoted}](name=YaraUwU,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5ubNceOG,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-14T21:52:22.286+0000) > > For fucks sake i played a game of morde top where i shat on irellia she litterally ended the game doing 9000 damage. But i lost because their jungler ganked top 12 fucking times and we still got less drakes then them even when im begging for my team to do the dragon. Im gonna take a break because that is the most frustrated i have been on this account ever. Looked through your history, found the game in question. Do you want to know what I noticed? You died 6+ times damn near under their tower. With the 'farthest' away being at the very edge of their side's lane brush (closer to their tower), so still substantially past the middle of the lane. Now sure, Irelia died a lot, but you kept over-extending to get those kills. Against a jungler you knew wanted to gank you, who your jungler could not fight. Your vision profile leaves a lot to be desired too. Only one red ward, at nearly 9 minutes, on like your third back? C'mon dude. Shit, I bet you even complained about it in chat.
: Can we talk about Jarvan and Garen ? Why Demacians best champs are forgotten ?
{{champion:59}} Has had numerous periods where he's been a nightmarishly strong jungler. In fact he was recently nerfed for being noticeably above the power curve and having a disproportionate representation, despite not quite being THE king of the jungle. {{champion:86}} Is supposed to be a 'starter' champ. He has clear strengths and weaknesses, and sacrifices some depth & playmaking for simplicity and consistency. They're both fine.
: Do you really have to play a hypercarry to get out of bronze?
Understanding how to CS, play aggressive (but not stupid), and not raging. Those are the skills you need to get out of iron / silver / bronze and into gold.
SirHydro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-07T20:18:42.572+0000) > > Of course they have mobility and burst. Most assassins do. Akali is pretty much the only low mobility assassin, and you people complain about her tool she needs to have in order to function with low mobility. Both parts of her E grant mobility. The initial E cast acts like a Caitain E knock back. The second E cast acts like a 2nd Lee Sin Q. She can throw her E into her Shroud to dash to it. The shroud itself is mobility. Both casts of her Ult grant a non targeted dash. But you say she is low mobility. *Laughing my ass off*
> [{quoted}](name=SirHydro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-07T21:08:43.839+0000) > > Both parts of her E grant mobility. > > The initial E cast acts like a Caitain E knock back. > > The second E cast acts like a 2nd Lee Sin Q. > > She can throw her E into her Shroud to dash to it. > > The shroud itself is mobility. > > Both casts of her Ult grant a non targeted dash. > > But you say she is low mobility. > > *Laughing my ass off* Both parts of her E grant mobility, but they move in different directions. In order to tag someone with the target-dash, you move away from them. This means that if you miss you're.. Well, not going to hurt them anymore. And if you dash towards them, it's super short ranged and you remove your non-ulti gap closing tool. Yeah, it has "200 IQ outplays" scenario of dodging a skillshot while tagging someone to dash back in, but that's pretty damn contextual. Shroud is not mobility, it's target access. It's worth noting that I **really fucking hate** new Akali, but hyperbole and misrepresenting abilities just because you dislike something does not make your argument anymore valid.
: I'm actually surprisingly disappointed with Qiyana
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PifBy5Fw,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-07T18:30:03.050+0000) > > I was kinda expecting her to be a half Artillery half Assassin Champion, Your expectations, based on 0 information except your own wants and whims, are not a noteworthy casualty. That said.. Did you actually think about what you said. **Artillery **and **assassin **in the same sentence, as a single champ? Hopefully that shit never happens to league. The closest we might have ever gotten is Zoey, who's pretty far from an assassin but still has more mobility (read: any mobility) than other artillery picks, and also some 'assassin-esque' tendencies in her bubble > murder combo from the fog. And look at the absolute shit fit people threw over her.
: > [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9q6szgGB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-29T12:07:49.046+0000) > > no but the lack of plausible exp and ability for most junglers to clear it. That sounds like balancing the jungle, and them getting it wrong doesn't necessarily mean they don't care about jungle. In fact, Riot gives most attention to the jungle which means it is probably the one they cared about the most
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9q6szgGB,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-29T14:02:24.598+0000) > > That sounds like balancing the jungle, and them getting it wrong doesn't necessarily mean they don't care about jungle. In fact, Riot gives most attention to the jungle which means it is probably the one they cared about the most "Gives most attention the jungle." You mean their relentless nerfing of base and scaling camp xp, making the jungling portion less powerful? Or their nerfing camp respawns, to make the jungling-portion less rewarding? Or their massive changes to scuttle crabs, making jungler's fight / extremely vulnerable to roams from laners? Or perhaps the immense nerf-hammer that falls onto jungle picks who become somewhat OP, while picks like Vayne and Riven run rampant? Or perhaps you mean the pruning of additionally ability effects which allow champions to jungle even though it's not their "desired" role (reducing Aatrox Q damage to jungle creeps)? Yeah. Riot sure does care about junglers. With this much care and concern on their part, I most jungle mains would kill for some neglect and disregard.
: Riot had the perfect opportunity to give Xerath a skin next patch, but nope, not even after 4 years
{{champion:421}} hasn't had a skin in four years, and the only other skin she has is base. At least {{champion:101}} has gotten a few skins over the years, so you have some variety.
Done25 (NA)
: Because they're lazy.
> [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AylVcfEg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-25T03:55:21.737+0000) > > Because they're lazy. This is the answer. I started playing this game in S2 preseason. Back then, and for a few seasons after, watching the jungle was **standard**. You could be in blind pick games, but top and mid would RELIABLY show up to watch your jungle, as would bot. Mid laners also understood they had a role to play in the leashing activity, where as now they do not. This changed in season.. 5? I think? Was that when they changed the jungler mechanics, so that resets worked differently? Maybe it was s4. Either way, over the years laners have gotten more lazy due to not having a 'job' to do for their jungler's first clear. Also, because jungler's have become more self sustaining and clear focused.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Gmu68FZt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-21T18:14:46.639+0000) > > Windwall would be useless if it didn't block until the cast animation ends > It's supposed to be a reactive spell, not a proactive one > Windwall cast animation is about 0.25s > Imagine if spellshields like Sivirs' had that delay, they'd be garbage, same idea here Well sivir's (or nocs) spellshields actually dont provide teamwide protection from projectiles and ww can block multiple projectiles unlike spellshields.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Gmu68FZt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-21T18:26:33.037+0000) > > Well sivir's (or nocs) spellshields actually dont provide teamwide protection from projectiles and ww can block multiple projectiles unlike spellshields. Spell shield's like Sivir and Noc's also aren't restricted to projectiles, meaning they can block stuff like Malphite ulti / Darius Ulti / melee based hard CC. They also reward you for blocking something, which in Nocturne's case can be massive (doubling the attack speed bonus is a huge benefit). Apples to oranges.
: Could Katarina get some type of survivability
When Trundle has resetting insta blinks, an AoE death sentence ulti, and massive amounts of CDR on kill & assist.. He can go ahead and give up his sustain and tankiness.
: Watching new Aatrox ult and instantly die is fucking hilarious
The flip side is that, in team fights where he gets rolling, he's absolutely insane. The massive healing, AD, and movement speed increase, constantly refreshing, and being able to revive when you FINALLY put him down is.. pretty crazy.
Cosnirak (NA)
: I'm honestly underwhelmed by this... I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and the art seems good for a storyboard but the action seems like typical anime nonsense. Most of the individual fights on their own seem fine enough but for me the silliness of an army running at one guy that somehow magically turns into a slew of 1v1s for a minute and a half is just too immersion breaking even for a storyboard. Maybe that's not really important to it though, I don't know. If it's just an attempt to show off different camera angels and specific action shots and all that then my more useful feedback is that there are a few too many needlessly up close shots of attacks and a few too many cuts overall. Also it could use a couple sweet slowmo shots from far enough away to see both sides jumping/swinging/whatever at each other at the same time.
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eEypeO7H,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-04T06:15:45.068+0000) > > I'm honestly underwhelmed by this... I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and the art seems good for a storyboard but the action seems like typical anime nonsense. Most of the individual fights on their own seem fine enough but for me the silliness of an army running at one guy that somehow magically turns into a slew of 1v1s for a minute and a half is just too immersion breaking even for a storyboard. > > Maybe that's not really important to it though, I don't know. If it's just an attempt to show off different camera angels and specific action shots and all that then my more useful feedback is that there are a few too many needlessly up close shots of attacks and a few too many cuts overall. Also it could use a couple sweet slowmo shots from far enough away to see both sides jumping/swinging/whatever at each other at the same time. I was looking for this comment, and as someone who tends to detest anime (not as a medium ,but for the tropes which invariably come with it) I agree. That said, I'm still glad I watched it for the Darius detail shots. Those were pretty good.
: You could buff Ekko's base AD
**+8? ** That's an absolutely huge increase, especially for a champ who actually wants to auto people.
Napoleon3 (EUNE)
: zed vs rammus full build.
Zed has black cleaver & Vandaams (sp), which gives him a total of 49% armor pen when cleaver is stacked. That's a decent amount of pen, even on a full tank. Zed waits until the split second when Rammus' armor steroid falls off. Zed's victory condition, broadly speaking, is to hit multiple shurikens. The ability fucking hurts the first target it hits, and he can do about 1k (pre mitigation) damage when he lands two. He hits rammus with **three **while Mark is active, which is nearly 2k pre mitigation damage. He also lands another two-pair later on. Put bluntly, this fight went how it should have. It took multiple rotations from Zed to put down a full tank from full, and the main reason he was able to do so was that CC was used on the other target. Rammus could've walked away just fine, but chased into a trap. Rammus got seriously outplayed. I say that as someone who mains tanks & bruisers exclusively, and greatly mourns the viability of pure tanks. Shit, I mourn the current lack of tankiness in the game. But this is not really a symptom of that, this is one player immensely out playing another and absolutely earning his kill.
: What's the advantage of a difficulty 3 champion to a difficulty 1 champion?
{{champion:5}} is a good example of an easy champion. I say this without malice, as Xin is one of my favorite junglers and the first champion I rode into high plat. I'm going to refer to season 3 xin (post nerf, not pre) as that's when I mained him. Basically, Xin only had two things to think about when it came to fighting. The first was pretty simple: ** Can I get into melee range?** If the answer to that was yes, move onto question two. If not, look for other opportunities. Question two: **Can I kill them?** I realize that sounds simple but that's.. all it was. If Xin was in E range, you just had to know whether or not you could kill someone (based on items, levels, ect) and that was that. There was no calculation about hitting skillshots, spell shielding, ect. Just straight up understanding how champ kits worked. Sure, there was a teeny bit more nuance. Side stepping skill shots, flashing over shit, knowing how to extend your E range (E a minion within the aoe impact of an enemy champ). And actually getting the hang of old Xin's R took a moderate amount of skill. But those were marginal skill investments to milk every ounce of potential out of the dude, where as you could be at 85-90% power just from knowing when to go in and win your stat check. Now, compare that to {{champion:64}}, one of the poster children for skill. Lee has, at many times, been stupidly strong at a baseline. When he had assassin levels of damage, a large shield, and Ad scaling magical damage with true vision and attack speed shred for example.. But despite that, he's always had a huge skill ceiling.
: In many cases junglers cant be played outside the jungle though which makes them similar to many marksmen who cant be played without a support....although some can. And i think double top is actually what people did in season 1 or 2 before the strategy of having a guy dedicated to clearing it was established properly. Then finally ADC isnt really a class its a description of what they do, marksmen is the class who usually get played botlane with a support while attack damage carry is what anyone using autos to dish their damage is called, even if they do magic damage. Although you generally want AD damage to have as little overlap with the team´s AP damage dealer as possible.
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qG5INVdA,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T20:25:37.171+0000) > > In many cases junglers cant be played outside the jungle though which makes them similar to many marksmen who cant be played without a support....although some can. > > And i think double top is actually what people did in season 1 or 2 before the strategy of having a guy dedicated to clearing it was established properly. > > > Then finally ADC isnt really a class its a description of what they do, marksmen is the class who usually get played botlane with a support while attack damage carry is what anyone using autos to dish their damage is called, even if they do magic damage. > > Although you generally want AD damage to have as little overlap with the team´s AP damage dealer as possible. Almost every jungler can be played outside the jungle, a lot of them just aren't popular for various reasons. Look at Rek'sai. She was one of the 5 lowest playrates in the game, PERIOD, prior to her QoL buffs. Yet there were several people who one-tricked her top lane and held positions in high damage / masters, because she's actually a damn good top laner if you learn how to utilize her kit. This sort of thing applies to most 'jungler' champions. There are very few DEDICATED junglers left in the game. Ivern is just about the only one, with a few other champs like Kayn being closer, but not quite.
Lock On (NA)
: Nasus vs Kayle scaling...
Nasus and Kayle fulfill vastly different niches. Nasus is ticking time bomb for mid game, where he's strongest. This is because tank items fall of later, so with good stacks he's capable of being a massive damage threat AND the biggest tank on the map, especially while the enemy team lacks numerous sources of 40% cdr CC to control him. He's significantly weaker late due to all of those factors, though still a strong duelist and capable of being dangerous by being ahead. Kayle is the inverse. She's garbage early on (Nasus isn't an incapable fighter pre six, and actually becomes pretty dangerous once he hits six), then meh, then because a 'full' champion at eleven. It's worth noting that even once she's eleven, she's not super strong; just not a total liability. But, once sixteen rolls around, she curb stomps anything and everything.
: Why are people playing Urgot jungle?
Passive buffs made it so he has an extremely fast clear, which is good because it lets him get straight to the ganking and focus on it. That said he seems.. Not fantastic at it. His clears are strong, but he's a bit weak in the gank department imo; unless he gets fed. I've managed to counter jungle the absolute shit out of every one I've seen so far, so take it with a grain of salt.
: As a Darius main
Riven has always been a lop sided skill matchup for Darius. Against most Rivens, it boils down to Darius E. You can (and should) use it to cancel her third Q, which leaves her stranded and missing a substantial part of her combo, primed for an auto > W > Q > kill or disengage combo. But, that's for riven players who can't do the INSANE animation cancels. If you bump into one of the ones who can pack all of their abilities in the time it takes her ulti to hit you, or some shit, Darius is going to lose the MU.
: > that's not the case anymore. In fact, pro team fights are now fought front-to-back in most cases, with tanks being the absolute first people to be focus fired and killed unless there's some sort of awesome pick. Aren't you pointing out why Tanks are getting killed first right here? Unless there's an awesome pick, the safest target to kill is always going to be *right in front of you*. It's risky diving into a team, especially with pro supports and mages sporting all kinds of CC. No one is going to survive for long being targeted by an entire team, and I think it's a misconception in player expectations that tanks should be able to. Hell, we have an entire item that's dedicated towards that, Gargoyle's Stoneplate. Literally doubles your health and gives 80 resists in teamfights. It's not something that happens normally. If no one get's a pick, how else are they going to fight? Front-to-back, you're right, because that's the safest approach in the meta.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA4TR7xv,comment-id=0006000100000001000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T15:27:55.235+0000) > > Aren't you pointing out why Tanks are getting killed first right here? Unless there's an awesome pick, the safest target to kill is always going to be *right in front of you*. It's risky diving into a team, especially with pro supports and mages sporting all kinds of CC. No one is going to survive for long being targeted by an entire team, and I think it's a misconception in player expectations that tanks should be able to. > > Hell, we have an entire item that's dedicated towards that, Gargoyle's Stoneplate. Literally doubles your health and gives 80 resists in teamfights. It's not something that happens normally. > > If no one get's a pick, how else are they going to fight? Front-to-back, you're right, because that's the safest approach in the meta. And yet, **this isn't how it used to be**. Awesome picks or no, tanks used to rarely be the first ones dead in long past seasons. While diving has always been dangerous, it used to be more dangerous to focus a rock-solid front line and let the damage carries do what they wanted was a recipe for disaster. That's not to say tanks wouldn't take any damage in team fights - they were as you say, generally safe targets - but if you actually focused them to the point of killing them, it generally meant the carries were so safe that the fight was already lost, or at least a wash. Now a days tanks just aren't safe targets, they're THE targets. "Don't focus the tank!" used to be the battle cry of every competent league player. Now "Focus the tank!" is the battle cry of the pros. Tank item stats, tank durability, and tank item value have remained stagnant for 4+ seasons. Mean while damage stats across the board have gone up, and damage items only become stronger. The result is that the only way a tank can hope to tank for any amount of time is by **double their health pool and gaining a mountain of free resists.** That's if they're building full tank. Gargoyles is the only tank item with over 100% gold efficiency, where as almost all damage items run in the 120% + gold efficiency range.
: Jax late game champion BTW
If Darius stands there auto trading, he loses to most stat check champions all game long (on roughly equal gold). Trundle, Udyr, Jax, Olaf, and plenty of other dudes are fully capable of standing in melee range pre level 6 and just murdering him. It's been that way for a long fucking time. His strength comes from being able to chunk in skirmishes with a hard-hitting combo that heals him.. -Or- being able to kite moderately mobile melee champs using both his E and W, allowing him to let Q keep him in the game until he gets 5 stacks, at which point he turns around and wins the fight. Darius hasn't been a stat check since before his rework, and he loses to stat check champions (on equal footing) pretty much all game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ya98mZO3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-28T08:53:46.443+0000) > > And that's why she's being nerfed on PBE You are still going to have people defending her cancerous bullshit stat-check kit by still saying she is not a champion until level 11.
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ya98mZO3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T08:58:23.372+0000) > > You are still going to have people defending her cancerous bullshit stat-check kit by still saying she is not a champion until level 11. I mean, they're right. Kayle isn't a champion until 6; at best she's a support for when her jungler swings in to gank for her, using her kit to enable them. The problem is that Kayle's 11 powerspike is **so strong **that it doesn't matter. Being behind isn't enough, she has to be HARDCORE shut down when she reaches 11. And you have to close out before she hits 16, or else she just runs away with the game.
: I get what you're saying, but that doesn't mean a tank shouldn't have to play around a champion's mechanics. You're designed around surviving longer, but you shouldn't just survive longer because you think that's how things should be, you still need to play against whatever champion you're facing. ~~And like LTK KoRo said, you're ignoring champion design.~~
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA4TR7xv,comment-id=00060001000000010002,timestamp=2019-03-28T01:56:29.903+0000) > > I get what you're saying, but that doesn't mean a tank shouldn't have to play around a champion's mechanics. You're designed around surviving longer, but you shouldn't just survive longer because you think that's how things should be, you still need to play against whatever champion you're facing. > > ~~And like LTK KoRo said, you're ignoring champion design.~~ There was a time when killing tanks first was a big no-no, and tanks dying first in the pro scene was almost always a sign of that team (which lost its tanks) winning the team fight. That's not the case anymore. In fact, pro team fights are now fought front-to-back in most cases, with tanks being the absolute first people to be focus fired and killed unless there's some sort of awesome pick. Put simply, teams can carve through tanks like they're warm butter. Tanks are, currently, just not very fucking tanky. The only exception is extreme cases (Ali and his 70% reduction ulti). They die fairly quickly in team fights, and are usually the first dudes in the dirt. That's without teams sporting Vayne. Vayne has always been the tank shredder, but currently she makes them not function as a glass; and still murders everything else without issues. Fiora too, but at least she's melee so she puts herself in harm's way.
: The sharp spike in getting autofilled JG should be a wakeup call to Riot
Wait, junglers got kneecapped again? Are you referring to the nerfs** several patches ago**, where they reduced camp xp and such? Or did they sneak some changes in I missed?
Nyandere (NA)
: Please leave Olaf top the way he is!
He's gonna be gutted. Rek'sai just breached 1% popularity for the first time in almost three fucking years. They're already thinking about nerfing her, **one patch later.** Champions not amongst the chosen-few are harshly dealt with when they dare overshadow their betters.
Kubox (NA)
: Many people dislike playing vs Morgana. Usually, this falls under the "Well I hate her but she doesn't see enough play to ban her so I'll take a chance" but obviously, with her visuals getting an upgrade a lot of people are going to want to try her out so that argument falls flat. People are simply being smart.
> [{quoted}](name=PrincePapa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kkdIZnEm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-06T21:24:49.093+0000) > > Many people dislike playing vs Morgana. Usually, this falls under the "Well I hate her but she doesn't see enough play to ban her so I'll take a chance" but obviously, with her visuals getting an upgrade a lot of people are going to want to try her out so that argument falls flat. > > People are simply being smart. This. A competent morg is ungankable for most junglers, regardless of lane. She also hard counters quite a few divers / tanks / assassins, making their priority kill / CC target immune to.. Well, that. Morg is pretty high on the "champs I'd rather not face" list, definitely in the top 5. Maybe top 3. Fortunately she's super unpopular, so I don't have to ban her... Most of the time.
: Look at these absolute Chads
I'm pretty sure these are supposed to look awful. I mean they do look awful, but they're hilariously meme worth. They'll remain hilariously meme worthy. That's the point, imo.
Paroe (NA)
: What if tanks got shields and bruisers didnt?
This wouldn't be a viable tank item, it would be an item to make mages insanely tanky. A couple of tank items have mana (Frozen Heart is just about it.. occasionally tanks build iceborn), but tanks don't ever actually build mana.
: I don't understand why mobile/evasive champs get to enjoy strong damage values
Immobile champions tend to have much, much higher damage. Look at beefy hulks like Olaf, Trundle, and Shyvana. They're some of the least mobile champs in the game, but also fully capable of killing almost anyone in a straight up 1v1 duel, or at the very least living forever / walking away. The "problem" with slippery & evasive champions is that they can reliably apply their damage, which makes it feel like it's more. Trundle can dish out easily double Lee Sin's damage over the course of 5 seconds, the problem is that no one is standing around to let trundle murder-fuck them like that. This leads to a perception disparity, where people believe Lee does more damage simply because his is easier to apply. They also fail to take into account other factors, such as how insanely tanky trundle gets (while still doing immense damage + stealing stats), while Lee either builds full damage and dies when hit with a point-and-click CC, or bruiser / tank and is largely incapable of killing people on his own.
: About a month ago, I made a post saying I hate how Rioters never respond to negative criticism here
Most of the negative criticism on boards is mind blowingly r%%%%%ed. People complaining about whatever champion beat them last, strats they simply don't like (split pushing), and roles / picks which successfully punish their preferred play style (hyper aggression / lack of warding). And then the literal never-ending hatred on champions like Yasuo, **even when they're pretty close to dumpster tier **(which he is, currently, not). Put bluntly, boards is a cesspit. Boards+ was made specifically because the gameplay boards were a toxic dumping ground of QQ and clueless opinions / rants / complaints. If Riot even made an attempt to respond to every bit of negative feedback here, or most of it, one of two things would happen: #1: They'd have to be blunt and to the point for most of it. This would see a Rioter hitting most of the threads on Boards with a response of "You're bad, please learn to play the game before you post your opinion, look to improve as a player rather than blaming outside sources." #2: They'd try to be tactful, which would involve break downs of how the various systems work, champ interactions, macro and micro play, ect ect. This would in turn spark arguments and rebuttles from clueless players, which would in turn require more responses, in a never ending cycle of trying to educate bad players who don't want to be educated. This approach would require a whole new department just to try and keep up with the posting weight. I'm not saying that Riot doesn't have a track record of dodging blame. They absolutely do. But you can't blame them for not trying to dredge anything remotely useful from the toxic waste bin which is the LoL Gameplay Boards.
: Maybe it's a sign if champs have nearly 80% ban rate, that they're overpowered
Yasuo has been at 80% + ban rates even when he's a dumpster tier troll pick. Yes, Yas is too strong right now. Yes, he also just got nerfed, which may resolve the issue / he may need more work. The amount of hate bad players have for that champ is absolutely mind blowing.
: > [{quoted}](name=MorganFreemanBot,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KeYTujMn,comment-id=00000006,timestamp=2019-02-19T17:03:32.905+0000) > > Janna's a goddess who was worshipped / created (sort of?) by primitive peoples. She is faithful for her origins. > > That kind of diety, especially female, tends to be beautiful and (mostly) nude. Just look at ancient people's and their goddesses; most of them are whatever standards of beauty they believe in personified, and then with almost no clothing ontop of that. As I've mentioned time before, and within the post you're quoting me on, it didn't make sense in her old lore when she was a mage prodigy. Her new lore was written AROUND her current appearance so they could retcon her without actually VGUing her. So while it may make sense now (to some) it has never made sense prior to her VGU.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KeYTujMn,comment-id=000000060000,timestamp=2019-02-19T17:08:59.992+0000) > > As I've mentioned time before, and within the post you're quoting me on, it didn't make sense in her old lore when she was a mage prodigy. Her new lore was written AROUND her current appearance so they could retcon her without actually VGUing her. So while it may make sense now (to some) it has never made sense prior to her VGU. And neither did Eve being a blue girl running around in stripper-heels with BDSM gear. A lot of league's older designs are just weird, and especially a few of the females were made with "sex sells" in mind. It's fine to shift things around and give those characters a REASON to be sexy, as we'd see just as much out-cry over suddenly covering Janna or Eve up as we would with Kayle suddenly hitting the rift in a bikini.
: Janna's sex appeal is not part of her story and doesn't fit her character of being a protector spirit, nor did it fit her character of being a girl gifted with wind magic. She's sexed up for no damn reason, and has been since the start. Why is Lulu included in this topic at all?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KeYTujMn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-18T21:17:32.003+0000) > > Janna's sex appeal is not part of her story and doesn't fit her character of being a protector spirit, nor did it fit her character of being a girl gifted with wind magic. She's sexed up for no damn reason, and has been since the start. > Why is Lulu included in this topic at all? Janna's a goddess who was worshipped / created (sort of?) by primitive peoples. She is faithful for her origins. That kind of diety, especially female, tends to be beautiful and (mostly) nude. Just look at ancient people's and their goddesses; most of them are whatever standards of beauty they believe in personified, and then with almost no clothing ontop of that.
: {{champion:157}} is Riot's poster boy and he's always been broken with his 2 passives, no resource, no cooldowns, insane life steal and OP wind wall.
> [{quoted}](name=HP Crookshanks,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oUPEPhnc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-10T19:43:07.961+0000) > > {{champion:157}} is Riot's poster boy and he's always been broken with his 2 passives, no resource, no cooldowns, insane life steal and OP wind wall. Outside of surprising cheese builds (tri-force first FM second), Yasuo hasn't been a revelant pick since s5. Being the rage outlet for extremely poor players does not make him broken. Being legitimately strong, even too strong, for a few weeks after some changes which massively benefit him.. Is not the end of the world. Even in his current stronger state, Yasuo is far from the world ending monstrosity Boards likes to pretend he is.
: Master Yi, a popular champion, through a neglected bug is rendering Singed unplayable in high elo
This is a bug in intention, but not in effect. Basically, the root effect in Singed's puddle is tagged with detecting the slow. So the 'sequence' is sort of like "detect slow > check for flung effect > activate root". Obviously Yi bypasses this by being immune to slows, so the sequence never gets to play out, even if it should. Similar situations would be like how you can dash while stunned (not displaced) with 'delayed' movement effects, due to how the stun gets applied after the game decides a champion is moving, so they still get to dash. Or how some specific melee targetted abilities which yank you through flash (Singed flip and Voli Q are huge offenders). The most glaring example would be reverse-displacements, such as Leona's hook & j4's combo, which allow movement in situations where it shouldn't work (grounding, stun, roots) due to being coded as a negative displacement effect rather than a positive movement effect.
: Why would you kill secondary roles for champions?
I played around with jungle aatrox last season. I really enjoyed it, and think it had a lot of potential. But the last series of nerfs he's gotten have made it... very difficult, and this next set looks primed to kill it completely.
DUDE BRO (NA)
: https://i.gyazo.com/ae9f8fd883981e535d7080fff6ced0bc.png You'll notice those champs have updates coming soon which could be visual upgrades. There's a good chance their updates have been in development (or planned) for years, and so they'll prob receive skins after their update. (Waste of time otherwise, making a skin and having to re-make it after the update) Reksai on the other hand, maybe they either have no good ideas, she's not popular, or her last skins didn't sell well enough. I personally have not seen her in uh.. years.
> [{quoted}](name=DUDE BRO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EqdWA7Q5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-22T17:03:37.229+0000) > > https://i.gyazo.com/ae9f8fd883981e535d7080fff6ced0bc.png > > You'll notice those champs have updates coming soon which could be visual upgrades. There's a good chance their updates have been in development (or planned) for years, and so they'll prob receive skins after their update. (Waste of time otherwise, making a skin and having to re-make it after the update) > > Reksai on the other hand, maybe they either have no good ideas, she's not popular, or her last skins didn't sell well enough. I personally have not seen her in uh.. years. I won't say Rek'sai is the least popular champion in the game, but she's a competitor. Right now she has less than 1% play rate, closer to 0.70%. There are champions with lower, but not a whole ton. I think the "clincher" is that she holds that lack of popularity despite not being bad / out of meta. Last season several pros said she was fine, and actually a hard-counter to some particularly strong junglers (Xin especially). Despite that, she still sits where she does. Even when SUPER strong, Rek'sai isn't really popular. Riot's shown before that people don't like monster champs, so yeah I guess.
AjXtar (EUW)
: A mid laner saying that top laners needs to play tanks. YEAH RIGHT. If you want tanks, take them in your own lane. Mid laners started bitching when Sion was strong and he was playeed, but you want us top laners to pick tanks because you want a meta that we don't like. Make tanks be played mid or instead of adc if you want a tank meta. Give up your confort picks for a tank meta and don't sacrifice other roles for your own pleasure.
> [{quoted}](name=AjXtar,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HPqhe9OO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-08T15:07:20.371+0000) > > A mid laner saying that top laners needs to play tanks. YEAH RIGHT. If you want tanks, take them in your own lane. > > Mid laners started bitching when Sion was strong and he was playeed, but you want us top laners to pick tanks because you want a meta that we don't like. > > Make tanks be played mid or instead of adc if you want a tank meta. Give up your confort picks for a tank meta and don't sacrifice other roles for your own pleasure. Hi, I'm a jungle main who, historically, plays top as a secondary role. I love playing tanks. They're far and away my favorite class. Unfortunately, they've been getting weaker and weaker since s2. It's been years since a single tank has been viable for non-damaged related reasons, I.E. they're given immense scalings and played as a primary damage source (those galio changes about a year ago, where he started 1 shotting people). The closest we've come in a long time is Sion, but he had his guts ripped out and dragged all over the floor at the start of s7 because he had the audacity to be capable of poking people out of lane while not being easy to kill. What a monster, we can't have that. Tanks, as I like them, will never return to this game. They ruled S2 and slowed the game down to something far more drawn out. Riot said they didn't like that. I've accepted this, and religate myself primarily to tanky-ish fighters / divers / bruisers who have the tools to carry, but I'd love for the damage soaking behemoth tanks of old to make their triumphant return.
: Where the fk are the {{champion:421}} buffs/mini RW? REEEEEEEEE
> [{quoted}](name=HeroTech2g,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bZPLpb5R,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-08T14:40:06.148+0000) > > Where the fk are the {{champion:421}} buffs/mini RW? > > REEEEEEEEE Rek'sai doesn't need buffs or a mini rework. She's terrifyingly potent in competent hands. The only thing she needs is QoL fixes. Such as removing the self-stun at the end of her ultimate, the E cancel bug, and the way an auto-based unburrow triggers an AA timer. If she's given ANY buffs, it should be adding 'rings' to her tremor senses. So that she can receive faster pings on enemies closer, so it's not laughably easy to kite her around when -just- out of burrow sight range, due to the pings disappearing when you move over them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Xl90oXZ2,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-29T07:23:43.663+0000) > > It's not actually a joke. It's just an incomplete item at this point. There's a list of experiments they want to try here > https://www.surrenderat20.net/2018/12/red-post-collection-dev-rocking-rift.html > > Tbh I wouldn't mind the build path or 5000g pricetag on an IE. It would definitely slow down adc snowballs just to get the item to completion, and get rid of the double crit mod. > > They're also talking in this post about getting rid of Stormrazor's first hit Crit mod, and replacing it with a flat damage every 10 hits energize mod, so Stormrazor + IE would no longer have the same utility. > > They're also talking about a Phantom Dancer that doesn't reduce all damage or have a double movement speed mod, but instead has a Hexdrinker base...... > > Basically..... if legit..... they're trying to disrupt Yasuo's build...... and make PD + IE more difficult for him to pull off. I get what you're saying. And I just want to add that if ONE single champion {{champion:157}} is the reason an entire champion class AND their items need an overhaul. Maybe they should be looking at that champion instead. It's really stupid how they are letting Yasuo's terrible design cause so much damage for other classes.
> [{quoted}](name=Packun Flower,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Xl90oXZ2,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-29T08:11:09.224+0000) > > I get what you're saying. And I just want to add that if ONE single champion {{champion:157}} is the reason an entire champion class AND their items need an overhaul. Maybe they should be looking at that champion instead. It's really stupid how they are letting Yasuo's terrible design cause so much damage for other classes. Then rest easy: Yasuo is not the reason ADC items need an overhaul, in fact he's far from it. Yasuo is, unfortunately, a continuous casualty of those overhauls. He's actually required buffs after the last few ADC item changes, because they do the designs entirely without him in mind, and each one winds up as a massive kick in the balls to his gameplay patterns / spike timing / ect. That said, that's the way it should be done. Design the items for ADCs, then balance Yasuo around them. So you're basically making an issue where there isn't one; this is one problem Riot handles the exact way they should.
Show more

MorganFreemanBot

Level 181 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion