: You're making the claim, prove yourself right
Umm isn't it a fucking obvious statement? Have you ever played a 4 v 5? Jesus. People on these boards...
: Trolling isn't bannable
I can't wait to find out that you're in Platinum/Gold/Diamond. 80th percentile+ players can't be expected to know things like how basic game functions work right? It's just a bad game!
vâDe (NA)
: I DARE RIOTER TO PLAY NORMALS SOLO AS JUNGLE FOR 5 games
I've made several support tickets over this season. I've had a 6 or 7 Rioters tell me that the game is terrible right now and they refuse to play it. Can you imagine working for a company and refusing to play its game because it's awful?
: "League isn't fun anymore because I can't play it anymore"
I have like 10 accounts. Not sure what the point of this comment was.
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: Well, to be honest, you didn't act XXX way in moderation. You sometimes spend entire games being negative. They are referring to an offhanded "hey bot lane need u to step it up ur not playing good" every once in a while, not spending entire games talking about how your team's shit. You acted XXX *squared* - which means it takes much less of your behaviors to get punished than it would if you were simply off-handedly saying "ur bad" to someone once or twice in a game when it's merited.
I never once told anyone my team was shit in any of the game. You inferred that I said that because I said things like "ive played well". It is entirely possible that I've played well and lost to circumstances out of my control. It doesn't even necessarily mean that my team played like shit. Once again you're just making assumptions. It could be that the enemy team drafted better. it could have been matchmaking. The latter was the case as it was consistently several diamond opponents against silver/gold teammates. I don't blame them for being out played. I blame Riot for their matchmaking. See context matters no matter what. So many assumptions are being made and there's no way to defend against them because you've probably already painted a picture of the context in your mind. I'm never going to convince you otherwise. That's why these boards are so frustrating. I might be an annoying person, but I don't insult my allies 99.99% of the time. I know this because I specifically think of what I'm typing before I type it. If I'm going to be judged on the content of my logs then they need to be judged without ANY assumptions.
Zac x Me (NA)
: A "mute voice" button for your own champion?
rujitra (NA)
: >The problem is that when I'm 12/5/18 and my bot lane is 0/14 and I say to them, "you're really shitting the bed here" Yes, because that's not helpful, not useful, doesn't give them any information they don't already know, and is honestly just you being an asshole. Nobody defends if they respond to you with toxicity. But you saying things like "you're really shitting the bed here" is not okay either. >There was an interview a year or so ago where people in the company stated that saying "you're playing badly" or similar lines are not bannable unless it is over a large sample size of games. None of those people work for the Player Behavior teams to my knowledge. They make very clear they are only stating their opinions. Regardless, you may very well have done it over many games.
Well when Riot's public relations team tells me acting in XXX way is okay in moderation and then I act in XXX way in moderation and its not okay then there's a serious problem. It's not my fault if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Had I known years ago the extent to which this company censors speech I would have just done /muteall since day one.
: > I hope you arent insinuating that abrasive language on a video game is equivalent to supporting murder. I don't think he's doing this, but I do think he's weirdly comparing the Riot universe of justice with real world society. These are obviously nowhere near alike. As he admitted earlier, Riot examines your chat logs intentionally WITHOUT any context. In a fictional Riot society, where context doesn't matter, a woman getting attacked in an alley who pepper sprays her attacker goes to jail for assault.
Yep. I don't understand it.
rujitra (NA)
: You are free to have your opinions and beliefs. Just as you are free to believe that murder should be legal. However, if you wish to take part in society, you must abide by the rules of society. It is up to you to change your attitudes/behavior to do so. Nobody else can do that for you. If you will continue calling people "sensitive" just for wanting to have fun, it is clear you are not interested in abiding by the rules Riot has set for League of Legends, thus you cannot exist in this community without being punished.
I hope you arent insinuating that abrasive language on a video game is equivalent to supporting murder. I happen to have no problems with society. I've completed a masters degree in mathematics and I've worked in the Department of Defense as a mathematician for CECOM. I've had people be rude to me in meetings and I've pulled them aside and I've told them they're being a jack ass. I've told my own boss he's acting like ass. Do you know what happens in real life? They walk away, and come back later and apologize. They don't run to their boss to tattle on the person that said a bad word or something they don't want to hear. I've been praised in every job I've ever had because I'm good at identifying problems and finding ways to correct them. I'm critical of others, but also critical of myself and I readily admit when I make a mistake. I play League of Legends the same way. The problem is that when I'm 12/5/18 and my bot lane is 0/14 and I say to them, "you're really shitting the bed here" snot starts coming out of their eyes and tears running out of their nose as they cry for reports. And then this board defends those actions. Which is actually counter to what many in Riot games have said publicly about their report system. There was an interview a year or so ago where people in the company stated that saying "you're playing badly" or similar lines are not bannable unless it is over a large sample size of games. Yet, I've come here with 1 or 2 games on my reform log with similar chat logs and I've been banned. Do you want a link to that interview? Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqbYHhgavgw
Kei143 (NA)
: Sometimes I wonder if Plat+ players are just really all mechanics and no brain. Their egos are so huge that it seems like they lose all forms of logic and knowledge in communication.
It's not just plat+ players. Honestly, plat players are less toxic than silver and gold players. I can't tell you how many times I've played games in silver and I'm told that I'm trash and r%%%%%ed by some kid who is silver IV because I didn't gank his lane as a jungle. It just makes me roll my eyes. But when a silver IV player insults me I just LOL because i know they're an idiot. When a plat player or somebody closer to my rank tries to debate with me I tend to argue with them more. I mean we're all trying to learn right? But you can be punished for debating in a game, especially if you do it in an abrasive way. I just think that abrasive/annoying shouldn't be bannable. There's a difference between "this guy is a dick" and "this guy is deliberately trying to harass us and make the game impossible to play".
Kei143 (NA)
: Then your ADC didn't get 1 shot, it was either a 1 full combo shot (ult, empowered Q, tiamat + bola mid jump) or he stuck around too long with under lethal health while not respecting rengar's 1.5 itempower spike. The first you can stun him mid jump to stop the rest of his combo as counterplay, the 2nd is just being disrespectful of rengar's dmg output while being low. That said, if that's all you said and they reported you, you won't get punished for it. That would be flagged as a false report.
Oh I know. But when people act in a hostile manner towards me I tend to argue with them. Maybe I'm just better off muting everyone from the start of the game. It can be fun to talk to players on the game, but many times it just spirals into some stupid shit that gets me banned because many of them are just fuckheads.
rujitra (NA)
: Because what you say stands alone. If other players are interpreting one question mark as toxicity, that's their own damn problem. One symbol, a question mark, is not toxic unless you make it so. You may think it's toxic to respond to someone dying with a question mark. That is not a belief shared by the majority of the community. If you seriously do think a question mark can be considered griefing/trolling, I suggest you find a single player game to play. I don't suspect you do think that, however, because you're simply trying to justify your toxicity with wild and inaccurate examples. The majority of the community considers toxicity to never be acceptable regardless of what else is happening.
I don't believe anything is toxic really. But it seems these boards do. I mean I think the stuff I say what most people say isn't ban worthy. But my logs have shown that logs containing nothing but complaining, even if it is only about the state of the game and not players, is ban worthy. My stance has always been that the community is hyper-sensitive. I'm trying to figure out how to exist in such a community.
rujitra (NA)
: Generally, someone looking for feedback will not be passive aggressive or negativity. Good looking for feedback: "what did I do wrong there" **once** after you messed up. If nobody responds, it's obvious they don't want to give you feedback - so continuing to ask is spam. Bad looking for feedback: repeatedly saying "gg" or related things, talking about how you can't carry harder than other people, "woe is me" comments such as "i guess ..." or "welp" and similar. None of those are looking for feedback - they are you venting your negativity in game which is not acceptable. **** Further, if you are getting tired of seeing another player's chat, you can mute them. What they say is **not** relevant to your punishment. Your punishment is based on your actions. You don't get a free pass to break a rule/law just because someone else did first. By "trying to figure out why" you are perpetuating the negativity, which is not okay.
You continually miss the point about their chat. Here is another example. What if my log contains "?" ? Is that ? a response to something somebody said because I want clarification? Did I just say ? in response to a play they made in order to grief them? Am I trolling? You don't know because you have zero context. You just see a "?". Context always matters. I don't understand how anyone can think it doesn't.
Kei143 (NA)
: How did you Let Rengar to get that fed in the first place to 1 shot your adc? Wards not treating you well in other lanes or jungle entrances? You can also get more shields, get dash blocks, use exhaust, get a Knight's Vow, get your adc to buy a Phantom Dancer. Then again, you are plat+, you should know all that already.
I was 1/1/8 as xerath support. My adc was like 4/0. Rengar was like 2/0 or 3/0 or something like that. We didn't feed him at all. It was very puzzling.
rujitra (NA)
: That conversation is not what gets people punished. That is also not how you talk. You have a history in your chat logs of continually belaboring points and being overly negative and passive aggressive. Your chat logs contain very little discussion useful to the game, but lots of "spam" of you expressing your displeasure at the game/your teammates.
A lot times I'm looking for real feed back. Like in this particular game I was 1/1/8 bot lane with a 4/0 adc. We won lane and she kept dying to Rengar ult. I have no way to stop it as Xerath. So I'm asking people what to do. Instead I get insulted and told I'm reported. It's just tiresome. The logs you've seen only contain my chat and not what my allies' and opponents say which is relevant information. I suppose when people act hostile towards me I could just report them and mute them but sometimes I'm just honestly in awe of how somebody can be so hostile to me and then I try to figure out why. It bothers me that I can be completely nice to people on this game and be treated like shit quite frequently and I try to understand why it happens. I guess that's just this community.
Rioter Comments
: 'bE tHe gRoWn uP' 'AcT rEsPoNSIbLy'
How real adults act: Person 1: You're an idiot. Person 2: Whatever, ass holes. Walks away. In real life both go on with their lives. In league of legends both get permanently banned.
: Got a 2 week
Don't bother posting here. The forums are full of idealists. Unless the chat logs are completely empty they'll find a way to distort what you say into deserving a punishment. In their world of fairy tales, rainbows, and sunshine, negativity or frustration of any kind are not allowed.
: The New Ryze BS Rework
What next level shit did Morgana get? Slightly bigger boobs? She's the same champion besides some zoom zoom on her ult. The fuck?
: youre a morg one trick so I think it's fair to assume the matchup is that
Oh. I rarely ever see vlad mid versus Morgana. It's as stalemate. I do see vlad mids when I'm support quite a lot and I do find it very frustrating that if the Vlad is ahead at all my adc and I are basically fucked.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B5N64azd,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T23:13:43.283+0000) > > Yikes. A silver player telling people to "deal" with a champion, even when i explained to you how to play vladimir correctly. Yikes someone higher elo than me doesn't know how to deal with vlad. Must be great having been boosted to your rank.
I have no problems beating vlad. I find it annoying when I'm bot lane, however, and my mid laner or top laner is run the fuck over by one and then I have to attempt to carry a game through that. I have a problem when the champion is basically unkillable without grevious wounds but my teammates won't buy it which means I have to rush stupid crap like Morello instead of support items and hour glass. You've made a ton of inferences for literally no reason. You even downvoted a post that was nothing but mathematics. Are you saying you disagree with mathematics?
: you have WAY more range than he does and his pool is on ~24 second cd level 1 and if they're maxing pool they're both griefing and going to be useless
What does any of this have to do with Morgana? I never claimed I lose lane to him.
: fam how are you getting lane bullied by a vlad as.... morgana
What does Morgana have to do with anything? Also if you buy dshield versus Morgana it heals through 100% of Morgana's damage so effectively you can always out trade her. Especially as vlad. But I'm not sure what Morgana has to do with anything I've said.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B5N64azd,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T20:37:34.655+0000) > > A smart vladimir will play foward and deny you the ability to CS by freezing the wave and running at you every time Q is off CD. You can't trade with him when his empowered Q is up at all and a smart vlad knows that. If he takes boots and potions or d shield it's pretty much impossible to force him out of lane. > > Picture this. You need to CS the enemy canon minion. Vlad knows that's going ot happen so he preps his empowered Q and runs at you. Now you must choose between 65 gold and take a quarter of your HP in damage. You can't fight back because he will heal up nearly all the damage you do to him in a trade. Your best option is to back off and lose the canon minion. That's the difference between a champion like him and Leblanc. What makes this even worse, is that other lane bullies like Leblanc have to manage t a resource. Vlad does not and with items like D shield or boots/pots there's simply no way to beat the sustain. > > You can counter this play by having a jungle gank your lane, but if he's soaking ganks mid, many of which will end up being unsucessful because of his W, then he is removing significant pressure from his allies' lanes. > > The champion is ridiculous. > > But if you don't believe me go to literally any challenger player's stream who plays top lane or mid and ask them if they think Vlad is balanced. It's going to be a no. Ok... I don't believe you in the slightest and that's end of story. Sorry but you or whatever select people you think about a certain champion isn't enough. Now learn to deal with vlad instead of crying about him.
Yikes. A silver player telling people to "deal" with a champion, even when i explained to you how to play vladimir correctly.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Youre not allowed to use words that could be construed as insults regardless of its intentions or using it ablut yourself and actual diagnosis.
I'm sorry do you consider autism insulting?
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B5N64azd,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T20:13:20.396+0000) > > What? He literally just points and clicks half of his ability at range. You can't CC him because he puddles through projectiles. Have you never fought a competent vladimir? Yes and It's not hard to deal with him until at the bare minimum lvl 9 and plenty more champions can deal with him even past that. It's very easy to tell when he wants to all in and punish him as a result. He can pool sure but It's also on a very high CD so if he cannot kill you in a single combo then he is left a gigantic sitting duck with no way of fighting back since he decided to all in at a point where his Q is still on a decent enough CD so his dps isn't there, his sustain isn't there and his threat beyond his initial all in also isn't there. He has a hard time getting to targets without his flash so force it out of him, have your jungler be nearby if he is playing aggressively, build some MR! Plenty of MR items any champion can build and not feel bad about it.
A smart vladimir will play foward and deny you the ability to CS by freezing the wave and running at you every time Q is off CD. You can't trade with him when his empowered Q is up at all and a smart vlad knows that. If he takes boots and potions or d shield it's pretty much impossible to force him out of lane. Picture this. You need to CS the enemy canon minion. Vlad knows that's going ot happen so he preps his empowered Q and runs at you. Now you must choose between 65 gold and take a quarter of your HP in damage. You can't fight back because he will heal up nearly all the damage you do to him in a trade. Your best option is to back off and lose the canon minion. That's the difference between a champion like him and Leblanc. What makes this even worse, is that other lane bullies like Leblanc have to manage t a resource. Vlad does not and with items like D shield or boots/pots there's simply no way to beat the sustain. You can counter this play by having a jungle gank your lane, but if he's soaking ganks mid, many of which will end up being unsucessful because of his W, then he is removing significant pressure from his allies' lanes. The champion is ridiculous. But if you don't believe me go to literally any challenger player's stream who plays top lane or mid and ask them if they think Vlad is balanced. It's going to be a no.
Rioter Comments
: {{item:3123}}
I've been playing in high plat/low diamond mmr for most of the season. Watsa Cownter Billed? Counter building is too complicated for most players below masters. Hell, even challenger games don't have people counter building. As a mage player counter building vlad costs me 3000 gold. That's expensive as fuck. You can't rely on your adc to be smart enough to buy that 800 gold item. Also i explained that via his W and hourglass he can remove grevious wounds.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B5N64azd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-31T19:32:18.694+0000) > > Alright let's do the math. We won't even use proto belt. Level 6 with 50 AP: > > Empowered Q: (120+30)*1.85=277.5 > > Fully Charged E: 30+40 = 70 > > Hemoplague: 150+35 > > Pool: 80 > > =612 > > We'll assume 20% magic resist. So 612*.8= 490 > > ignite: 170 > > 660= damage and this is assuming no keystone, and that you comboed the entire thing incorrectly like a bronze player. Assuming you actually land things in the correct order it would be: > > Hemoplague: 150+35 > > Under the hemoplague debuff multiply everything by 1.1: > > Pool: 80*1.1=88 > > Empowered Q: 277.5*1.1= 305.25 > > Fully charged E: 70*1.1=77 > > Ignite = 170*1.1=187 > > total= 657.25 > > with 20% magic resist: 657.25*.8=525.8 > > Total damage: 525.8+185= 710.8 > > > Most people have about 1k hp at level 6. > > > So you're right it only kills you from about 70% hp with no counter play. It's a good thing as a champion he's not good at poking people right? RIGHT? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT? > > We didn't even get into protobelt btw or magic pen or a keystone like electrocute. Ok... then I have to ask why are you comparing the perfect scenario for him? I guess vlad players only play against champions that are unable to do anything to him and against people that have no idea how to play against him.
What? He literally just points and clicks half of his ability at range. You can't CC him because he puddles through projectiles. Have you never fought a competent vladimir?
: Vlad does not one shot with just protobelt. He won’t oneshot while pooled, since he can only continue channeling E if he starts before pooling. He can’t do anything in Zhonya’s except wait for his ult’s pop to try an heal. He’s a late game battlemage, he won’t be one shotting for a while, if at all. his damage is far more sustained damage than burst damage. Hecarim, meanwhile, was killing people left and right early, mid, and, if fed, late. Akali..i have no answer for, beyond she’s strong in the right hands and in proplay, so that’s where most of her issues of being too strong are. Karthus has a lot of power due to his global ult and ease of using it to proc Dark harvest and jungle farming. And Riven has been viewed as an issue by players for a while, less about power, more about frustration. Especially her CDR/Shojin build and how people feel like she has to mess up in order for them to do anything. Maybe read why they’re actually nerfing those champs. They must view Vlad as mostly ok, though his bullying toplane melees is an issue early on.
Alright let's do the math. We won't even use proto belt. Level 6 with 50 AP: Empowered Q: (120+30)*1.85=277.5 Fully Charged E: 30+40 = 70 Hemoplague: 150+35 Pool: 80 =612 We'll assume 20% magic resist. So 612*.8= 490 ignite: 170 660= damage and this is assuming no keystone, and that you comboed the entire thing incorrectly like a bronze player. Assuming you actually land things in the correct order it would be: Hemoplague: 150+35 Under the hemoplague debuff multiply everything by 1.1: Pool: 80*1.1=88 Empowered Q: 277.5*1.1= 305.25 Fully charged E: 70*1.1=77 Ignite = 170*1.1=187 total= 657.25 with 20% magic resist: 657.25*.8=525.8 Total damage: 525.8+185= 710.8 Most people have about 1k hp at level 6. So you're right it only kills you from about 70% hp with no counter play. It's a good thing as a champion he's not good at poking people right? RIGHT? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT? We didn't even get into protobelt btw or magic pen or a keystone like electrocute.
Madsin25 (NA)
: Vladimir is not one shotting unless he is fed. If you fed a vladimir you need to rethink how you fight him, maybe don't take empowered Q's to the face? Even all your ranting aside he still gets pounded by the majority of top laners.
Sorry one shotting is a poor term. "killing you from near full hp with one rotation of abilities"
Rioter Comments
Skyper340 (EUW)
: the last time i got banned was because of a trolling rakkan that i called a %%%% a few months ago, long story short, except me calling him %%%% for waiting for me to die without leashing and then stealing my buff, while a moment before at the start of the game he said "report mundo for trolling", then i just told the enemy team to report him because he kept the whole game harassing me. After that, he added me and literally spammed me telling me to kill my self and other shit, so then i reported the chat with screenshots. They told me that because it's a private chat it's my fault, so idk, double standards?
Yep. There's on rhyme or reason for it.
: Dude i hate how trolls can turn the game to the enemy so easily. I have less effect than a troll. I guess im worth nothing huh riot?
The fact the trolls are so prevalent is because of the sorry state of the game. About the third loss in a row where I have a teammate who is intentionally griefing I start to get toxic. Those people griefing me probably started griefing because somebody griefed them or something about the season upset them. Many people have given up on climbing because the games are awful. I snowballed into plat pretty hard as a midlaner on a new account. Got to plat 2 promos like 5 times. I'd get in, get trolled 2 games in a row, get down to 90lp, win, get trolled 2 games in a row, get down to 90 lp and repeat. I eventually said fuck it and gave up on climbing for the season. The general mood on the game is bad. You watch streamers and they're all unhappy except Voyboy. You play games and they're miserable. The ladder is all fucked up. I don't know what to do anymore. Everyone says to quit the game if it make you unhappy, but after 10 years I'd like to think there's an option besides quitting.
: 12 is double 6 .... {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
I lost 12 games and won 1 game . I said I lost 15 games. 12 is about 15. It was a guess. What?
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAWrefE7,comment-id=000b000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-30T19:37:16.333+0000) > > Yes, It was normals..... I said that didn't I? Then literally no one cares. Ranks dont apply to normals.
Okay so why was I verbally abused and then punished for it? I had a conversation with some people in my games. We were talking having a good time. One or two players decided to get hostile. I get punished for responding to them pretty politely. Why?
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAWrefE7,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-05-30T17:53:17.275+0000) > > When my team is against several diamond 2 opponents and I'm platinum with several silver teammates then It's safe to say I'm not going to win regardless of how well I play. Feel free to review my Morgana games on my op.gg. > > You're silver. Please spare me. Oh please, youre not facing diamonds with silver team mates unless youre playing normals.
Cathanne (NA)
: I have seen many cases and have a stronger understanding of the IFS than most of the phonies on this board, and this does appear to be a bit of a fringe or abnormal case. Was this your first punishment (10 game chat restriction)? Was there a third game given? Have you flamed or bickered in games outside of these ones outlined? I know being punished for a chat log like this can be frustrating, but I can assure you that this is not the norm, and many regularly flame their idiot teammates in much harsher terms without ever receiving so much as a chat restriction.
I had a 25 game chat restriction before this one for saying "you're bad" when somebody insulted me. I thought I had improved my behavior. I went from insulting somebody who insulted me to yawning. I guess using any English word at all in response to an insult is punishable in Riot land.
Eedat (NA)
: 12 is literally double though
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T06:22:58.023+0000) > > Please explain to me where in those logs I failed to be polite or treat somebody with respect. Please pick exact lines out. Dude literally 10 people have already told you all the points of toxicity that exist in your chats through 2 seperate threads and instead of you recognizing that you are the one at fault here and have to change instead you say and I quote “Nope because I'll probably just move onto a better game run by a better company and with a better community . Trust me that won't be difficult to find.” You are still toxic and literally are showing through all of this that you are not in any way shape or form reformed and if you made another account you would just be banned again for the same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T06:39:44.448+0000) > > Dude literally 10 people have already told you all the points of toxicity that exist in your chats through 2 seperate threads and instead of you recognizing that you are the one at fault here and have to change instead you say and I quote > > “Nope because I'll probably just move onto a better game run by a better company and with a better community . Trust me that won't be difficult to find.” > > You are still toxic and literally are showing through all of this that you are not in any way shape or form reformed and if you made another account you would just be banned again for the same thing. They said "yawn" and "im bored" is toxic. No. Sorry. There is no universe in which that is toxic. Please find an actual example of toxicity.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:40:19.347+0000) > > I showed you two games with zero toxicity. You can argue it was negative. I was complaining about Riot games. But it wasn't toxic. > > If the system uses data as you describe to determinable bannable chat then it's no wonder. Obviously the system is going to become more and more harsh over time because your'e feeding it more and more data. > > This is exactly what I'm describing. The bar for punishment is getting lower and lower. The only thing more data will do is make the system more and more accurate as it learns from what we report so it understands what the vaste majority of the playerbase deams is acceptable. From the logs i observed in your previous post yes toxic elements did exist in those. To receive a ban it would mean you previously received a chat restriction which puts you on thin ice and you still chose to maintain the same toxic tone. League of legends does not tolerate any form of toxicity you are polite and treat the other players in your games with respect. That is what the majority of the playerbase wants so people like myself who have played this game for 7 years and never have received any form of behavioural punishment ever can enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. Recognize your attitude in game is the cause of your ban and change. The system is doing its job as intended.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:52:09.747+0000) > > The only thing more data will do is make the system more and more accurate as it learns from what we report so it understands what the vaste majority of the playerbase deams is acceptable. > > From the logs i observed in your previous post yes toxic elements did exist in those. To receive a ban it would mean you previously received a chat restriction which puts you on thin ice and you still chose to maintain the same toxic tone. > > League of legends does not tolerate any form of toxicity you are polite and treat the other players in your games with respect. That is what the majority of the playerbase wants so people like myself who have played this game for 7 years and never have received any form of behavioural punishment ever can enjoy the game it was meant to be played. > > Recognize your attitude in game is the cause of your ban and change. > > The system is doing its job as intended. Please explain to me where in those logs I failed to be polite or treat somebody with respect. Please pick exact lines out.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:46:41.477+0000) > > Actually it's very easy to get punished for saying you're bad. Here I'll explain: > > 10 game chat warning: You're garbage you fucking suck > > 25 game chat warning: Wow. You're worthless. GG > > 14 day ban: You're bad > > permaban: Yawn. I'm bored. > > > > > So basically your behavior improves over time, but the bar is constantly lower than any reasonable person would believe. Because in what world does somebody actually get that upset about the statement "you're bad" or "yawn" "im bored". > > My entire chat log had zero toxicity. I just complained about their god awful matchmaking. Stop lying. You spent the entire game complaining that "i'm so much better than these people why did Riot match me with them".
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:49:34.744+0000) > > Stop lying. You spent the entire game complaining that "i'm so much better than these people why did Riot match me with them". You should either quote exactly what I said or don't say anything because you're the one who is lying. I never once claimed anyone on my team was bad. You're actually lying. I'm going to report you.
Hotarµ (NA)
: The current report system is somewhat [based off of the Tribunal](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/08/ask-riot-will-tribunal-return/) and as a result the majority of the community agrees with (or at the very least, can abide by) the current system, there's nothing wrong with it. >Has the community become too sensitive? No, players aren't "too sensitive", we just don't like playing with toxic people. Dog, I'm 21. I don't want to come home after a long day at work just to get into a game and have someone call me a "mentally impaired fuckwad" or "waste of space" just because I made one mistake in a video game. >Something like "you're bad" will get you a permaban just as easily as telling someone to commit suicide and that they're a racial slur. >Has it gone too far? First off, _no_, you don't "easily get a permaban for calling someone bad." It takes consistent ignorance and disregard of previous punishments to ever receive a permanent ban for something like that. If someone can't accept the very, very basic rules of League and they disregard the rules _**that**_ many times, it's not a fault with the system. >And let's be honest. When you report somebody for saying "you're bad" or something similar you're not actually offended. You're not actually mad. You're not actually going to quit League. You're not actually taking it personally. You're reporting that person out of spite because you know the automated system might fuck them over. It's just pettiness. Except not everyone is you or the person you're using as an example. Some people get genuinely annoyed by the dumb, pointless shit that people say on a regular basis and want them to be held accountable for it. It's not just done out of spite, it's from annoyance and frustration after having to deal with them all game. If I report someone, it's because I'm petty and I want someone else punished? No dice. >I went to the player behavior subreddit and I was told that "yawn" and "im bored" are offensive. Really? Is that really where this community is at now? I think you should go back and re-read that comment. They didn't outright say that "yawn" and "I'm bored" were toxic, they said that it was contributing to you antagonizing others and **compounded with the rest of the logs from that game.** Share the whole story or don't share it at all. >Do you think things are being handled appropriately by the current report system? Yes.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:40:44.624+0000) > > The current report system is somewhat [based off of the Tribunal](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/08/ask-riot-will-tribunal-return/) and as a result the majority of the community agrees with (or at the very least, can abide by) the current system, there's nothing wrong with it. > > No, players aren't "too sensitive", we just don't like playing with toxic people. > > Dog, I'm 21. I don't want to come home after a long day at work just to get into a game and have someone call me a "mentally impaired fuckwad" or "waste of space" just because I made one mistake in a video game. > > First off, _no_, you don't "easily get a permaban for calling someone bad." It takes consistent ignorance and disregard of previous punishments to ever receive a permanent ban for something like that. > > If someone can't accept the very, very basic rules of League and they disregard the rules _**that**_ many times, it's not a fault with the system. > > Except not everyone is you or the person you're using as an example. > > Some people get genuinely annoyed by the dumb, pointless shit that people say on a regular basis and want them to be held accountable for it. It's not just done out of spite, it's from annoyance and frustration after having to deal with them all game. > > If I report someone, it's because I'm petty and I want someone else punished? No dice. > > I think you should go back and re-read that comment. > > They didn't outright say that "yawn" and "I'm bored" were toxic, they said that it was contributing to you antagonizing others compounded with the rest of the logs from that game. > > Share the whole story or don't share it at all. > > Yes. Actually it's very easy to get punished for saying you're bad. Here I'll explain: 10 game chat warning: You're garbage you fucking suck 25 game chat warning: Wow. You're worthless. GG 14 day ban: You're bad permaban: Yawn. I'm bored. So basically your behavior improves over time, but the bar is constantly lower than any reasonable person would believe. Because in what world does somebody actually get that upset about the statement "you're bad" or "yawn" "im bored". My entire chat log had zero toxicity. I just complained about their god awful matchmaking.
mack9112 (NA)
: You do not receive a 14 day ban because of one game you must understand. If you are consistently toxic and consistently reported then the system will punish you. Riots automated report system uses an ai to observe what subject matter players report other players over. Using that data it will determine what instances require a punishment and what severity.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yxE5gTAR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-30T05:33:48.674+0000) > > You do not receive a 14 day ban because of one game you must understand. > > If you are consistently toxic and consistently reported then the system will punish you. > > Riots automated report system uses an ai to observe what subject matter players report other players over. Using that data it will determine what instances require a punishment and what severity. I showed you two games with zero toxicity. You can argue it was negative. I was complaining about Riot games. But it wasn't toxic. If the system uses data as you describe to determinable bannable chat then it's no wonder. Obviously the system is going to become more and more harsh over time because your'e feeding it more and more data. This is exactly what I'm describing. The bar for punishment is getting lower and lower.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: How did 6 turn into 15? Thats not even close
The overall losses were like 12-2 or something like that. I didn't actually count. 12 is pretty close.
Eedat (NA)
: > ive lost 15 normal games in a row as my one trick lmfao ......what? https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Morgana%20Deus You havent though
Not counting bot games: Morgana: 6/4/16 Loss Morgana: 6/5/13 Loss Morgana: 4/6/17 Loss Morgana: 7/2/8 Loss Morgana: 3/5/12 Loss Morgana: 2/1/3 Loss Alright. Sorry. 6 Losses in a row as my one trick. I sure did perform badly huh. What a fun game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LAWrefE7,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-05-30T02:42:15.717+0000) > > I'm gonna be frank. If you're verbally abusing somebody and the response "yawn" leads to you reporting them then you should be immediately permabanned. > > In fact, if you think its okay to verbally abuse somebody and the word "yawn" is unacceptable then you're a shitty person. (Not you the person on this enemy team.) > > Yawn may be antagonizing, but its a very nice way of dealing with an extremely unfriendly person. It's easy for you to come to the forum and tell people to just "mute", but that's not how real life works. > > I'd respond the same way to anyone in the real world as well. Only on League can I be punished for it. You assume I think only one person should be punished. Both should be. And yes, it works the same way in real life. You are not attempting to defuse the situation, but attempting a smug non answer. It is the same as saying "u mad?" You are clearly still trying to antagonize the person while smugging. People would think just the same of you in that situation. If you can't bring yourself to attempt to defuse the situation, then yes. Mute, report, and move on. It works for 95% of the other players.
No that's not how it works in real life. In real life if somebody is a jack ass people tell them they're a jack ass and most people agree. If I say "u mad" or yawn in real life I don't get punished. The only place it works like you describe is in fairy tale land.
Show more

Morgana Deus

Level 75 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion