: It's not even remotely arbitrary. You acted rude in game, enough times to pick up 4 penalties. Your final one should've been a ban, per the system, which unintentionally de-escalated and chat banned you. You just got unlucky, a Rioter noticed the system's mistake, and banned you for being toxic (as it should've been done in the first place).
> [{quoted}](name=Ainz Ooal Gainz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-02-02T01:25:38.038+0000) > > It's not even remotely arbitrary. You acted rude in game, enough times to pick up 4 penalties. Your final one should've been a ban, per the system, which unintentionally de-escalated and chat banned you. You just got unlucky, a Rioter noticed the system's mistake, and banned you for being toxic (as it should've been done in the first place). Being negative isnt the same thing as being rude.
: > [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:33:54.722+0000) > > I don't know the context of the punishment, but the punishment tiers are as he said; > > * 10 game chat restriction > * 25 game chat restriction > * 14 day account ban > * Permanent account ban > > For most chat related offenses, you move up one tier at a time, though it can deescalate over a period of good behavior. When he says he can't "go into details", he means he can't tell you a specific requirement to deescalate, because there is no specific one; deescalation depends on you playing a lot and showing good behavior, and poor behavior (or just not playing much) will make it take longer for your account status to improve. In this case it seems like you had not shown sufficient reform and reached the next punishment tier before your account status improved. This lol what i read is that it seemed like the system lowered him to the 10day even though he didn't have sufficient good behavior. Seen how they are saying he progressed fine upwards...just means he kept being toxic. Lol I do find it hilarious how OP is trying to save his account by saying Riot is at fault for this because they can choose to ban him at any time...yet obviously kept being toxic and deserved the ban. Trying to blame another for your own mistakes...this is what toxic people are made out of. They try to find a fault in someone else so they seem better even though they are the problem ;( OP should either...accept the ban or toss in another ticket.
> [{quoted}](name=Dracobalt,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-02-02T00:52:25.031+0000) > > This lol what i read is that it seemed like the system lowered him to the 10day even though he didn't have sufficient good behavior. Seen how they are saying he progressed fine upwards...just means he kept being toxic. > > Lol I do find it hilarious how OP is trying to save his account by saying Riot is at fault for this because they can choose to ban him at any time...yet obviously kept being toxic and deserved the ban. > > Trying to blame another for your own mistakes...this is what toxic people are made out of. They try to find a fault in someone else so they seem better even though they are the problem ;( > > OP should either...accept the ban or toss in another ticket. The thing is the bar for being toxic is pretty low. "Anything not neutral or positive." So when I ask to ff 20 times because the game is miserable I can be banned. I don't want to be in the game sometimes when people are intentionally feeding and basically making it miserable. Sorry. I'm going to voice my opinion and I frankly don't give a fuck if nobody wants to hear it. it's not like I'm insulting people and just riding them again and again over mistakes. No. I just want out of the god damn game sometimes. Sometimes their matchmaking failures so spectacularly that the game is unplayable. If i was actually toxic then it would be a consistent thing and wouldn't have deescalated my account like 7 times.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-02-01T22:08:41.882+0000) > > Except that in real life sports, you get your due *immediately* if you trashtalk somebody. Either by being benched, or by getting a punch to your nose. Or whatever. There's always a reaction, not always favourable towards your physical well-being or your sports career. > > Enforcing rules in an online environment is much harder, due to the disconnection between action->reaction that people often experience while online. Hence the reason communication is moderated this strictly. > > And, for the record, the mindset that "since the world is a shitty place, you should make everyone feel shitty online as well" is a miserable one. You don't have to be a dick to other people... Telling people to not waste my time isn't being a dick. The bar is very low for what gets you a chat ban.
rujitra (NA)
: The programmed algorithm may not equate to the actual rules. The system may have missed behavior that was seen by a human. The system does not determine the rules and how your account is in standing. Riot does.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=00020000000100000002,timestamp=2019-02-01T23:08:59.533+0000) > > The programmed algorithm may not equate to the actual rules. The system may have missed behavior that was seen by a human. > > The system does not determine the rules and how your account is in standing. Riot does. cool. So they should start reviewing every single instance of this ever. It shouldn't have been prompted by me. Otherwise it isn't fair.
: Lol its not arbitrary, but DAMN would I have the biggest chip on my shoulder after reading that. What a fucking shit show.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-02-01T22:56:48.707+0000) > > Lol its not arbitrary, but DAMN would I have the biggest chip on my shoulder after reading that. What a fucking shit show. Small indie company
: Player Support isn't there to make Riot more money, their mission is to help the players like you. While they won't always be able to give people what they want, they honestly try their best to be fair and empathize with the players who write in. If you show some patience and understanding with them it really helps them help you in return.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:47:56.920+0000) > > Player Support isn't there to make Riot more money, their mission is to help the players like you. While they won't always be able to give people what they want, they honestly try their best to be fair and empathize with the players who write in. If you show some patience and understanding with them it really helps them help you in return. No they're a bunch of social justice warriors trying to make political statements. I know that probably sounds mean, but it really is true. They want this game to be a "sport" but there is rough talk in sports all the time. I'm not saying there's people using slurs and stuff in sports. But there is criticism. There is ball busting. It isn't rainbows and unicorns. Yet an exact quote from a riot employee is "Any communication that isn't neutral or positive is bannable." What a low bar.
zPOOPz (NA)
: 2 months is not enough to de-escalate an account. You can be honored AND validly reported in the same game. There are 9 other players in the game and they each honor AND report you. It's not mutually exclusive. Honor progression just means you haven't been reported enough to trigger punishment that drops it. They didn't ignored it. The support agent clearly admitted it was a mistake on the IFS part. That's why manual reviews exist. You're not the first or the last that the IFS mistakenly sent the wrong chat log, issued the wrong punishment, etc. That's why Rito do audit their system and you are allowed to submit support ticket at any time to request a manual review if you feel your punishment is issued in error. They did manually reviewed your punishment. They admitted it was issued in error. Just not the way you want it.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:39:59.702+0000) > > 2 months is not enough to de-escalate an account. You can be honored AND validly reported in the same game. There are 9 other players in the game and they each honor AND report you. It's not mutually exclusive. Honor progression just means you haven't been reported enough to trigger punishment that drops it. > > They didn't ignored it. The support agent clearly admitted it was a mistake on the IFS part. That's why manual reviews exist. > > You're not the first or the last that the IFS mistakenly sent the wrong chat log, issued the wrong punishment, etc. That's why Rito do audit their system and you are allowed to submit support ticket at any time to request a manual review if you feel your punishment is issued in error. They did manually reviewed your punishment. They admitted it was issued in error. Just not the way you want it. Okay so let me break this down for you: 1.) There is an algorithm in place that determines deescalation. (Its an automated system.) 2.) Eric Matthews can't go into the details as to why the algorithm was wrong. So how does he know it is wrong? He has arbitrarily decided it is. 3.) If everyone on league is subject to the same rules then arbitrary decisions like this shouldn't exist. Otherwise the rules aren't being applied fairly to everyone. Which is fine because they're a private company. It just has to be known then that they're not fair.
: I don't know anything about the system mistakenly deescalating someone, that is new to me. I can inquire about the possibility of this from Player Support but I don't expect to get an answer beneficial for you.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:40:50.142+0000) > > I don't know anything about the system mistakenly deescalating someone, that is new to me. I can inquire about the possibility of this from Player Support but I don't expect to get an answer beneficial for you. I mean the truth is since its a private company Riot can say and do anything they want at any time. So I don't expect them to admit any mistakes. Either way, I think this is bogus and I hope other people will think it is bogus. I'm not saying I haven't been "toxic" or "negative. I'm saying, like many other players I'm doing my best to reform. But apparently Riot doesn't give a shit.
: I don't know the context of the punishment, but the punishment tiers are as he said; * 10 game chat restriction * 25 game chat restriction * 14 day account ban * Permanent account ban For most chat related offenses, you move up one tier at a time, though it can deescalate over a period of good behavior. When he says he can't "go into details", he means he can't tell you a specific requirement to deescalate, because there is no specific one; deescalation depends on you playing a lot and showing good behavior, and poor behavior (or just not playing much) will make it take longer for your account status to improve. In this case it seems like you had not shown sufficient reform and reached the next punishment tier before your account status improved.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:33:54.722+0000) > > I don't know the context of the punishment, but the punishment tiers are as he said; > > * 10 game chat restriction > * 25 game chat restriction > * 14 day account ban > * Permanent account ban > > For most chat related offenses, you move up one tier at a time, though it can deescalate over a period of good behavior. When he says he can't "go into details", he means he can't tell you a specific requirement to deescalate, because there is no specific one; deescalation depends on you playing a lot and showing good behavior, and poor behavior (or just not playing much) will make it take longer for your account status to improve. Okay so he can't go into specifics but the system said I deescalted. So I guess I deescalted. If i didn't then he would have to have the specifics in order to say I didn't. Basic logic.
zPOOPz (NA)
: From what I'm reading, you had a 14-day ban. You continued to be toxic. You triggered a punishment, but the IFS mistakenly gave you a 10-CR instead of the natural perma-ban next step. Rito manually reviewed your account and gave you the correct punishment. It shows they do audit their system. What's arbitrary about that?
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HHnMyGOj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-01T21:28:11.606+0000) > > From what I'm reading, you had a 14-day ban. You continued to be toxic. You triggered a punishment, but the IFS mistakenly gave you a 10-CR instead of the natural perma-ban next step. Rito manually reviewed your account and gave you the correct punishment. It shows they do audit their system. > > What's arbitrary about that? So about 2 months with honors, no punishments, honor checkpoints, and stuff = permaban. The system clearly said my account deescalated because I had 2 months of clean play. They ignored it. That's called arbitrary.
Rioter Comments
iiGazeii (NA)
: Game: Change a Champ's role by reworking one ability
Morgana. Black shield only goes on self. Role: never played.
QMighty (NA)
: Morgana and Kayle are probably still a month away
I one trick morgana and she has several problems: * Q moves too slowly. It should be faster and thinner with a shorter duration, similar to lux. Right now it is only effective at short range or with a high cc team as a follow-up. It is 100% dodgeable in higher elos at long range. * Her W does damage over too long of a time period. It used to be great for wave clear, but right now 5 seconds to clear a wave is insanely slow compared to other mages and champions like talon/ekko. It needs to do its damage over a shorter time frame and perhaps do a little bit less damage. * Her ult requires you to either land a Q or play versus an immobile opponent. Good luck ever ulting people like Ezrael unless the Ezrael massively misplays. In fact, her entire kit sucks for aggression. She is all about capitalizing on opponent's misplays. This makes her terrible against experienced opponents and brutal versus newer players. The problem is the current meta is all about shutting down your lane, hyper pushing, roaming, and dueling. She's good at roaming, but she can't pressure people out of a lane like a Leblanc can. This means she's not really viable as a midlaner. I'd say she could be fixed by making her less Q reliant, but truthfully the Q is what defines a Morgana player's skill. I really wouldn't want to turn her into something brain-dead like Garen.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > Facts are rewards? The facts are as follows: Ranked requires you to be both skilled and sportsmanlike. If you're skilled but unsportsmanlike, you don't get rewards. If you're unskilled but sportsmanlike, you get poor rewards. If you want to show off your "facts", you should meet both requirements. > In what other sport does being "mean" strip you of all records? I can't remember who, I think it was Periscope or Ulanopo, but one of the Moderators had a resource showing various sports players being punished for misbehavior. I'll have to bug them about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uLr5F27r,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-01-24T22:32:55.260+0000) > > The facts are as follows: > > Ranked requires you to be both skilled and sportsmanlike. > > If you're skilled but unsportsmanlike, you don't get rewards. > > If you're unskilled but sportsmanlike, you get poor rewards. > > If you want to show off your "facts", you should meet both requirements. > > I can't remember who, I think it was Periscope or Ulanopo, but one of the Moderators had a resource showing various sports players being punished for misbehavior. I'll have to bug them about it. A chat ban doesn't make you unsportsmanlike. It oftentimes means you hurt someone's feelings and managed to say a trigger word. In fact, Riot has stated, in both of my 10 game chat bans that I wasn't toxic and that my negativity was very mild. None the less they couldn't reverse it. Also it is entirely possible to be completely unsportsmanlike and still receive rewards. You simply avoid saying trigger words. So yeah, they really have nothing to do with each other.
: > My question is why does this remove banners and stuff at the end of the season? Is the goal to make it look like I've never been ranked before? Is that your idea of a punishment? To make it look like something never happened when it did? Hell, you can just check op.gg and similar sites and see previous ranks, so removing banners and your stuff from your account seem moot. When you play Ranked, you're queuing up for a competitive gamemode - and competition comes with the increased demand for sportsmanlike behavior. Honorable conduct goes part and parcel with competition, much as people like to pretend it doesn't, and Riot makes no exception to this. If you break the rules and demonstrate unsportsmanlike behavior, that _should_ leave a red mark on your account. And that red mark takes the form of stripping your Ranked rewards. It's not a matter of trying to make it look like something never happened - it's denying you the prestige because you showed you didn't deserve it - you weren't honorable. > The thing that blows my mind though, is the philosophy of history denial. It's not history denial. It'd be history denial if they retroactively altered your Ranked matches to appear as Normals in your Match History - it's _reward denial_.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uLr5F27r,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-24T22:19:01.814+0000) > > When you play Ranked, you're queuing up for a competitive gamemode - and competition comes with the increased demand for sportsmanlike behavior. Honorable conduct goes part and parcel with competition, much as people like to pretend it doesn't, and Riot makes no exception to this. > > If you break the rules and demonstrate unsportsmanlike behavior, that _should_ leave a red mark on your account. And that red mark takes the form of stripping your Ranked rewards. > > It's not a matter of trying to make it look like something never happened - it's denying you the prestige because you showed you didn't deserve it - you weren't honorable. > > It's not history denial. It'd be history denial if they retroactively altered your Ranked matches to appear as Normals in your Match History - it's _reward denial_. Facts are rewards? In what other sport does being "mean" strip you of all records? Being mean isn't the same thing as cheating. Also, if I'm sitting on the bench in a football game with my other teammates and I tell Jim he's a fucking r%%%%% that doesn't expel me from the team. That doesn't get me "suspended". Nope. Only in League. Your sports analogies just do not work. Neither do work analogies.
Jo0o (NA)
: History denial? Don’t make me laugh, I’m at work. It’s simple: misbehavior results in loss of privileges. Same rules you’ve hopefully operated under since childhood.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uLr5F27r,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-24T22:05:25.853+0000) > > History denial? Don’t make me laugh, I’m at work. > > It’s simple: misbehavior results in loss of privileges. Same rules you’ve hopefully operated under since childhood. facts are privileges? Does 2+2=4 only when I'm honor level 2?
: Yeah, ranked rewards should be something you earn because of *skill*. So it shouldn't be removed because of *behavior*, that just makes no sense.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uLr5F27r,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-24T21:54:06.280+0000) > > Yeah, ranked rewards should be something you earn because of *skill*. So it shouldn't be removed because of *behavior*, that just makes no sense. I don't care about the skins. Those are privileges. Things like banners just represent facts. This person was X last season. Is that even a reward? Its a statement of fact.
Rioter Comments
Dynikus (NA)
: You should really learn to accept that your current rank might be the rank you belong in right now, considering you have almost exactly a 50% winrate over close to 300 games. If you aren't winning a majority of your games over hundreds of games, that isn't a problem with your teammates. Your post comes off more as just complaining about bad teammates than a genuine question on how to improve your own gameplay to continue to climb.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=RVKWI6jf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-31T06:19:28.790+0000) > > You should really learn to accept that your current rank might be the rank you belong in right now, considering you have almost exactly a 50% winrate over close to 300 games. > > If you aren't winning a majority of your games over hundreds of games, that isn't a problem with your teammates. Your post comes off more as just complaining about bad teammates than a genuine question on how to improve your own gameplay to continue to climb. Hmm. I disagree. I do not play carry champions whatsoever. It is quite possible I am above this skill level (which I'm pretty sure I am given my consistent performances), but obviously I am doing something incorreclty which is causing me to lose. Yes, my teammates are dog shit. Yes, they should know better. That is neither here nor there. As my OP stated, I do not know what to do in these situations and they happen quite frequently. That is why I made the post.
Dynikus (NA)
: >I don't know how to get through plat By being better than plat.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=RVKWI6jf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-31T05:57:18.790+0000) > > By being better than plat. You should really learn to read the post.
Rioter Comments
: real amazing players are the ones who climb despite their teammates. you can't? then you're not as amazing as you think
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Prepuzius,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1ll52pwI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-27T10:02:06.976+0000) > > real amazing players are the ones who climb despite their teammates. > you can't? > then you're not as amazing as you think That is false. They're probably not playing non-carry supports. Anyway, I'd climb if I played 1000 games as a support. I don't have the patience to do so. Fucking ridiculous that this role is so weak. I'm better off being an average Jax jg or Zed mid than I am as a stellar support.
: I know it's been said, but dude. I checked your history. It's absolute garbage. You have low KP. You die a lot and don't contribute much. You're actually the problem in your games. It's a 50/50 chance between you and enemy team for bad players. If you're better than the elo, you'd climb.
> [{quoted}](name=Ctrl Alt Xerath,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1ll52pwI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-12-27T12:00:54.143+0000) > > I know it's been said, but dude. I checked your history. It's absolute garbage. You have low KP. You die a lot and don't contribute much. You're actually the problem in your games. It's a 50/50 chance between you and enemy team for bad players. If you're better than the elo, you'd climb. Yeah, it's garbage, but I'm playing well in all my games. I can't help if my entire team feeds their asses off and then I die later in the game as a result of being one shot by garbage. Let's take my last game as an example. I was bot lane with an ashe. WE WERE 3/0 BOT LANE. We shit stomped them. Our jungle, mid and top all fed into oblivion. A fucking plat zed got destroyed by a Leona mid who went 8/0. At that point we started getting 5 man tower dove bot because every other lane was shit on. I GUESS I SHOULD PLAYED BETTER HUH.
Dynikus (NA)
: >match history . Check it. Sure. I see: 0/2/1, 9% kill participation with lulu, ranked 10th place on op.gg. 1/2/2, 14% kill participation Anivia, ranked 10th place. 1/3/2, 33% kill participation Malzahar, ranked 7th place. 1/8/4, 22% kill participation Twisted fate, ranked 9th place. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Yes, you have good games where you do the best on your team and still lose, but you also have bad games that likely cost your team the game, or atleast don't contribute much to a win. Considering you have almost exactly a 50% winrate after 260 games, that should be a fairly good indication to you that you're where you currently belong.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1ll52pwI,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-27T11:40:51.349+0000) > > Sure. I see: > 0/2/1, 9% kill participation with lulu, ranked 10th place on op.gg. > 1/2/2, 14% kill participation Anivia, ranked 10th place. > 1/3/2, 33% kill participation Malzahar, ranked 7th place. > 1/8/4, 22% kill participation Twisted fate, ranked 9th place. > > What am I supposed to be seeing here? Yes, you have good games where you do the best on your team and still lose, but you also have bad games that likely cost your team the game, or atleast don't contribute much to a win. Considering you have almost exactly a 50% winrate after 260 games, that should be a fairly good indication to you that you're where you currently belong. Okay so you're looking at my normal games lmfao? What. I don't even play those champions. We're talking about ranked. The lulu game was a ranked game. We were ahead bot lane. Our jungle was 1/10 . I guess I should have played better huh? MY BAD DUDE. The malzahar game might have been ranked. I had an adc on an 18 game losing streak on my team who picked renekton bot and literally ran into the enemy repeatedly and died. I was 1/0 mid and ahead in cs. After bot lane finally fell to all the inting I had four man rotations mid. I guess I should have played better huh? MY BAD DUDE.
Rioter Comments
Sukishoo (NA)
: If you hate it so much, stop playing it. It's as simple as that. This is pre-season where people are known to try out a ridiculous amount of things.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Uc3uHaQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-27T06:22:13.163+0000) > > If you hate it so much, stop playing it. It's as simple as that. This is pre-season where people are known to try out a ridiculous amount of things. So running it down mid is allowed in preseason? pretty sure that's called griefing.
: I’m able to play rank. We won with an Ahri support. The other team had all the “normal” meta champs. Yes people are trying things out and that does suck but that doesn’t mean disable rank for the rest of us who still want to play rank just because you get a few unfavorable teammates.
> [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Uc3uHaQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-27T05:54:41.067+0000) > > I’m able to play rank. We won with an Ahri support. The other team had all the “normal” meta champs. Yes people are trying things out and that does suck but that doesn’t mean disable rank for the rest of us who still want to play rank just because you get a few unfavorable teammates. Congrats on not having people running it down mid. I guess I'm just being punished.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hibeki (NA)
: No one talking about how Dark Harvest has literally broken pyke now?
> [{quoted}](name=Hibeki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mmxHzW3Z,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-21T05:28:30.030+0000) > > For some reason, ulting someone will proc dark harvest which can lower them into execute threshold. > > With the base damage buff, lethality change, and dark harvest, without even completing an item pyke can have a 425 damage ult.... > > {{item:3134}} {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} + 12 ad in new runes, 57 bonus AD. which adds about 45 damage to his ult. Already at 297. > > 17 Lethality from rune and dirk adds another 25. > > So alone, without dark harvest hes at 322. > > With dark harvest, this adds 65 damage (lets say hes level 8) plus an extra 15 from the bonus AD portion, and lets say 3 souls for another 24 for a total of 104 damage. > > 426 damage with level one execute. > > Without his ult base damage buff of 50 and lethality changes, he'd be down 75 damage, coupled with dark harvest, meaning from release his level 1 ult damage has basically increased by 179. What the fuck riot. I don't see a problem beyond pyke himself just being broken in general since day one.
: TBH, I don't even try using her Q most of the time. Missing it means you have to back off and hope they don't dash in and murder you. Works better as a disengage, in my experience. Or rather... a counter-engage. Like you want them to jump on you so you can then do something, because that seems to be the easiest time to actually land that molasses Q. I honestly don't know what she needs. I want to say durability, over and over, because that works for just about every champion. I also would like to actually be a threat that an opponent can't freely roam from or aren't punished for when they go 0/4. Like I don't know. Maybe make Torment Soil actually rot towers or some sort of push mechanic so you can't ignore a Morg that is winning lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Ravenhale,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pOFaiZc6,comment-id=0001000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T23:33:50.289+0000) > > TBH, I don't even try using her Q most of the time. Missing it means you have to back off and hope they don't dash in and murder you. Works better as a disengage, in my experience. Or rather... a counter-engage. Like you want them to jump on you so you can then do something, because that seems to be the easiest time to actually land that molasses Q. > > I honestly don't know what she needs. I want to say durability, over and over, because that works for just about every champion. I also would like to actually be a threat that an opponent can't freely roam from or aren't punished for when they go 0/4. Like I don't know. Maybe make Torment Soil actually rot towers or some sort of push mechanic so you can't ignore a Morg that is winning lane. Yea throwing out her Q carelessly is a death sentence in higher elo games. She has to be one of the best kiters in the entire game though. I feel like you can solo almost anyone with her if they're dumb enough to chase you. Unfortunately, people don't do that enough to maker her "singed" play style viable lol.
: Why does Fizz ult have a 2 massive slows and a knock up?
> [{quoted}](name=xxxMadLionxxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jRIsOiKa,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-18T18:03:32.244+0000) > > Ever notice if Fizz lands his ult, you are slowed massively, knockup, and slowed again? > > Doesn't that feel like overkill? He's an assassin duh. That means that he needs to do ridiculous damage, have ridiculous mobility, reduced counter play, and several get out of jail free cards. If his ult didn't massively slow and knock you up you'd have some counter play against him after he lands his ult. Silly OP. If you ever get hit by an ability in this game you should be automatically dead!
: I feel like this is because Morgana is too squishy to actually use her ultimate. Like in my garbage elo, you can get away with a full channeled Ult without Hourglass because it's just a Morgana, she doesn't do damage, blah blah blah. But in some custom games where I actually play against Diamonds and Plats... well, she doesn't feel like she has an Ult. Even with Black Shield and Zhonya's... you just die. More durability would be nice.
> [{quoted}](name=Ravenhale,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pOFaiZc6,comment-id=00010000000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-19T22:32:35.509+0000) > > I feel like this is because Morgana is too squishy to actually use her ultimate. Like in my garbage elo, you can get away with a full channeled Ult without Hourglass because it's just a Morgana, she doesn't do damage, blah blah blah. But in some custom games where I actually play against Diamonds and Plats... well, she doesn't feel like she has an Ult. Even with Black Shield and Zhonya's... you just die. More durability would be nice. That's part of the issue. Another part is that if she misses her Q she does no damage. So her damage output is highly unreliable. Lux has this problem to a less degree because lux has her E. Morgana trades reliability in damage for more cc and a spell shield. The question is whether this is a good trade. With the mountains of CC in the game her contribution to a team's CC really isn't that impressive. The spell shield is good, but if you're going midlane you max it second. In the end she needs more reliable damage. Her Q should have its duration reduced and its movement speed increased massively. Her W needs to do more upfront damage. Instead of making it over 5 seconds, maybe make it over 2 seconds.
Hotarµ (NA)
: She's still getting W changes, minor changes to Q (probably like missile speed) and will most likely be made more viable. If you don't enjoy that or still find problems with it, maybe find a new champion? I don't know what else to tell you.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pOFaiZc6,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:55:17.163+0000) > > She's still getting W changes, minor changes to Q (probably like missile speed) and will most likely be made more viable. > > If you don't enjoy that or still find problems with it, maybe find a new champion? I don't know what else to tell you. I fully enjoy her. There is just no point in playing her. I already know Ill lose the game if I play her no matter how well I play. She has literally no agency.
: She's quite balanced. I love Morgana. She has high CD on her E early so she has counterplay. Especially with her Q that can be easily blocked by minions and is really slow moving. Ult can be jumped out of. I would argue that she is one of the champions that is more fair to play against in comparison to the new champions that are being spit out now (Zoe, Pyke, for example).
> [{quoted}](name=MissMikasa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pOFaiZc6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-19T22:04:36.213+0000) > > She's quite balanced. I love Morgana. She has high CD on her E early so she has counterplay. Especially with her Q that can be easily blocked by minions and is really slow moving. Ult can be jumped out of. > > I would argue that she is one of the champions that is more fair to play against in comparison to the new champions that are being spit out now (Zoe, Pyke, for example). She is balanced. But being balanced in a meta where a bunch of champions are wtf levels of unbalanced means she's weak.
Hotarµ (NA)
: She's literally getting the _**next**_ rework.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pOFaiZc6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:17:58.999+0000) > > She's literally getting the _**next**_ rework. It's a visual update. They're not fixing her mountain of problems.
Rioter Comments
Dr Dog (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Ultima,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hEziJy1W,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-19T17:23:25.200+0000) > > If you're playing a champion with a dash her Q is incredibly easy to dodge. That's about half of the roster btw. If you can't avoid it maybe you need to work on your own abilities. has absolutely nothing to do with how i play, doesnt matter if you dodge 20 of em you get hit by one and your done on top of its inconsistent giant hitbox, shes not op but shes annoying as shit and everyone can pretty much agree on that
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hEziJy1W,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-11-19T17:25:46.709+0000) > > has absolutely nothing to do with how i play, doesnt matter if you dodge 20 of em you get hit by one and your done on top of its inconsistent giant hitbox, shes not op but shes annoying as shit and everyone can pretty much agree on that I suppose, but I feel the same way about almost all mages. If you get stunned you're dead.
Dr Dog (NA)
: if you could have one champion or spell completely removed from the game what would it be?
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hEziJy1W,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-15T01:01:51.851+0000) > > personally 100% morgana, not only extremely easy but her q has absolutely no buisness being that long If you're playing a champion with a dash her Q is incredibly easy to dodge. That's about half of the roster btw. If you can't avoid it maybe you need to work on your own abilities.
Crowdar (EUW)
: But with your examples theres something wrong: Nasus Wither: As soon as its applied, the receiving Character is slowed. Nothing to help with Blackshield anymore - clearly readable for everyone. Urgot Ult: It hits and the receiving Char is instantly pulled toward urgot and gets shreddered. Character is untargetable iirc - clearly readable Then there are Skills with multiple layers of Effect that dont work similar: Fizz Ult: I can Blackshield someone with the Ult allready applied: Knockup wont happen and part of Damage is negated (or did it got changed?) Zoe Bubble: Same principe as Fizz ult. Gets applied, timer starts, effect happens. Still one can be lessend with Blackshield, the other cant. To clearify: By no means i want to rant about some "BS Skill". My point is readability of Skills and Interaction with wording of tooltips. As now, Blackshield tooltip says it will "prevent all disables". But it doesnt. If its intended to not be able to prevent Effects from multi-effect skills it should be rewritten to something like: "[...] prevents all instantly applied disables [...]" or something. So its clear for every player, espacially new ones, that you have to hope you reach your Teammate before it got hit with a skill.
> [{quoted}](name=Crowdar,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wIbHoWEG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-07T14:42:39.000+0000) > > But with your examples theres something wrong: > > Nasus Wither: As soon as its applied, the receiving Character is slowed. Nothing to help with Blackshield anymore - clearly readable for everyone. > Urgot Ult: It hits and the receiving Char is instantly pulled toward urgot and gets shreddered. Character is untargetable iirc - clearly readable > > Then there are Skills with multiple layers of Effect that dont work similar: > > Fizz Ult: I can Blackshield someone with the Ult allready applied: Knockup wont happen and part of Damage is negated (or did it got changed?) > Zoe Bubble: Same principe as Fizz ult. Gets applied, timer starts, effect happens. Still one can be lessend with Blackshield, the other cant. > > To clearify: By no means i want to rant about some "BS Skill". My point is readability of Skills and Interaction with wording of tooltips. > > As now, Blackshield tooltip says it will "prevent all disables". But it doesnt. If its intended to not be able to prevent Effects from multi-effect skills it should be rewritten to something like: "[...] prevents all instantly applied disables [...]" or something. So its clear for every player, espacially new ones, that you have to hope you reach your Teammate before it got hit with a skill. I think you're misunderstanding completely. If blackshield is up when these abilities are initially cast it completely cancels them 100% of the time. If Fizz ults you when you have blackshield up the fish doesn't even show up on the screen. It vanishes entirely. If he ults you and then you black shield black shield does exactly nothing. It is a proactive skill, not a reactive one.
Crowdar (EUW)
: Zoe vs. Blackshield
It works if you BS before it lands. The same is true of every other ability in the game with an over time effect such as fizz and urgot ult.
Show more

Morgana Ultima

Level 111 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion