Aptest (EUW)
: Here is my theory. Emotional investment + lack of control + negative outcome => Resentment. Emotional investment + Resentment + Visible failing of team mate. => Feeling of being subject to injustice. Negative outcome + subject to injustice => call to action against injustice => lashing out. PvP is inherently greater than PvE in emotional investment because 1 the game is not built to allow you to win. it is not a puzzle, it is a contest. 2 losing reflects on yourself. people view their value in comparison to opponent, not in comparison to puzzle. 3 availability of "I deserve to win" scenario. 4 consequences of "walking away". Ultimately "celebration of stats" isn't effective against the ultimate proof of (lack of) competence that is losing a match. Therefore I do not believe "you did well, you have great healing" celebration s.a. seen in overwatch and hots is effective in any degree.
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NZ9GlWoh,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-09-29T12:21:01.963+0000) > > Here is my theory. > > Emotional investment + lack of control + negative outcome => Resentment. > Emotional investment + Resentment + Visible failing of team mate. => Feeling of being subject to injustice. > Negative outcome + subject to injustice => call to action against injustice => lashing out. > > PvP is inherently greater than PvE in emotional investment because > 1 the game is not built to allow you to win. it is not a puzzle, it is a contest. > 2 losing reflects on yourself. people view their value in comparison to opponent, not in comparison to puzzle. > 3 availability of "I deserve to win" scenario. > 4 consequences of "walking away". > > Ultimately "celebration of stats" isn't effective against the ultimate proof of (lack of) competence that is losing a match. > Therefore I do not believe "you did well, you have great healing" celebration s.a. seen in overwatch and hots is effective in any degree. Interesting thought process. So in your eyes, you (as a game dev) have to figure out a way to convey to the player that PvP is really players trying to accomplish a goal together first, and beating other players second? That's rough to do
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:19:53.486+0000) > Sorry for bein' kinda silent. Yo wtf man, this a dig towards me? :3
> [{quoted}](name=SilentNightSona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-29T01:57:05.754+0000) > > Yo wtf man, this a dig towards me? :3 reeee
Verxint (NA)
: The thing I want to say about your point in Pokemon is that Showdown shows you your rank after every match and you still don't see as much rage. Generally the only salt I see is people angry over hax, which is frustrating for everyone, but what are you gonna do (Focus Miss FTW) So here's what I think makes the big difference, or rather two things. One, Pokemon isn't designed from the top down to be competitive. Smogon tiers are a way to compensate for the fact that it's not meant to be a competitive game. In doing this, they take a fairly hands-off approach. The tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, PU) are all based on usage and usage alone. The only exception are the Borderline tiers, which is just the result of community voting. This makes players feel less like the game is poorly designed, because they don't have the expectation that nintendo is designing around competitive play. They also feel like they have more agency in their experience - you can play in any of the tiers and participate in the voting. There's some other things that go into borderline tiers, but in the end Smogon only really removes things that don't have a counter or are gimmicky and uncompetitive, such as Moody. They don't put a lot of effort into trying to create the competitive experience they want, they let it develop organically. Second, Pokemon has a lot, I mean **a lot** of strategic options. A huge misconception people have is that if a pokemon is labeled as a lower tier than its not viable in higher tiers. This is patently not true. Mamoswine, my favorite pokemon competitively, is in UU tier but is not only relevant, but strong in OU. It's just not used that often. Hell, the guy can OHKO Landorus-T who is considered to be the single best pokemon in OU. And that brings me to the gist of my point - with how many pokemon are available and how many options and mechanics exist, you almost always find multiple ways to counter anything that's really strong. Again, this gives players more of a feeling of agency. Instead of having to put up with the same busted crap over and over, you can always dig up some unusual method of countering it. I never get the sense of "wow, that's bullshit, how am I supposed to beat that?" the way I do in many other competitive games. This point ties into the first because, at least in my opinion, the lack of top-down balance is what causes the strategic diversity. Players are forced to experiment to find counters, but actually have a myriad of options to do so. Another way to think of it - whenever something seems OP in League, it's counter usually boils down to one or two things and those are what you must do to beat it. Players are forced to play a certain way to deal with it. In contrast, open Smogon's strategydex for any pokemom and go to "Checks and Counters" and you'll see a substantial list of diverse options for countering the given Pokemon that let you choose a counter to fit your playstyle, rather than having to change your playstyle to counter something. Dunkey has a video that says something true about a lot of competitive games that I think is the source of frustration: "What sucks is when you find out what actually works just isn't that fun. Variety and options are sucked out of the game" I think the biggest reason Pokemon avoids so much salt, at least on Showdown, is because you rarely have that feeling of being forced to play a way you don't want to because it's the only way to succeed. You aren't forced to choose between fun and winning.
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NZ9GlWoh,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-09-28T18:59:17.024+0000) > > The thing I want to say about your point in Pokemon is that Showdown shows you your rank after every match and you still don't see as much rage. Generally the only salt I see is people angry over hax, which is frustrating for everyone, but what are you gonna do (Focus Miss FTW) So here's what I think makes the big difference, or rather two things. > > One, Pokemon isn't designed from the top down to be competitive. Smogon tiers are a way to compensate for the fact that it's not meant to be a competitive game. In doing this, they take a fairly hands-off approach. The tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, PU) are all based on usage and usage alone. The only exception are the Borderline tiers, which is just the result of community voting. This makes players feel less like the game is poorly designed, because they don't have the expectation that nintendo is designing around competitive play. They also feel like they have more agency in their experience - you can play in any of the tiers and participate in the voting. There's some other things that go into borderline tiers, but in the end Smogon only really removes things that don't have a counter or are gimmicky and uncompetitive, such as Moody. They don't put a lot of effort into trying to create the competitive experience they want, they let it develop organically. > > Second, Pokemon has a lot, I mean **a lot** of strategic options. A huge misconception people have is that if a pokemon is labeled as a lower tier than its not viable in higher tiers. This is patently not true. Mamoswine, my favorite pokemon competitively, is in UU tier but is not only relevant, but strong in OU. It's just not used that often. Hell, the guy can OHKO Landorus-T who is considered to be the single best pokemon in OU. And that brings me to the gist of my point - with how many pokemon are available and how many options and mechanics exist, you almost always find multiple ways to counter anything that's really strong. Again, this gives players more of a feeling of agency. Instead of having to put up with the same busted crap over and over, you can always dig up some unusual method of countering it. I never get the sense of "wow, that's bullshit, how am I supposed to beat that?" the way I do in many other competitive games. This point ties into the first because, at least in my opinion, the lack of top-down balance is what causes the strategic diversity. Players are forced to experiment to find counters, but actually have a myriad of options to do so. Another way to think of it - whenever something seems OP in League, it's counter usually boils down to one or two things and those are what you must do to beat it. Players are forced to play a certain way to deal with it. In contrast, open Smogon's strategydex for any pokemom and go to "Checks and Counters" and you'll see a substantial list of diverse options for countering the given Pokemon that let you choose a counter to fit your playstyle, rather than having to change your playstyle to counter something. > > Dunkey has a video that says something true about a lot of competitive games that I think is the source of frustration: > > "What sucks is when you find out what actually works just isn't that fun. Variety and options are sucked out of the game" > > I think the biggest reason Pokemon avoids so much salt, at least on Showdown, is because you rarely have that feeling of being forced to play a way you don't want to because it's the only way to succeed. You aren't forced to choose between fun and winning. Pretty well said. Havent played Showdown in ages, kinda miss it. Options and variety and such are always nice and that's a damn good quote.
Leto GT (EUW)
: Ive played a lot of ff14 and the big differences with LoL is that you'll be punished hard and very quickly in ff14 if you dare to missbehave or talk innaproprietly. There's actual 0 tolerance policy on bm which is not the case of Lol as it depends on trends in behavior. Also, once you've banned on ff14, you are not allowed to make an other account or you'll be banned once spotted. Ppl will leave or make up an excuse for leaving the instance. Or, they'll kick and replace the one that doesnt fit the requierements. There's a lot of peer pressure aswell in High-end raids but you can specify requierements or check performances of players before they enter the raid groups. Alike lol, performances and numbers of kills actually reliably gives information on game knowledge and consistency. Example : https://fr.fflogs.com/character/id/194535?zone=21&mode=detailed So let's say, you pretty much can know who you're playing with before the beginning of the raid which reduces the risk of frustration. In LoL, you're placed with random ppl all the time and have no clue how they play etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Leto GT,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NZ9GlWoh,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-28T16:14:44.891+0000) > > Ive played a lot of ff14 and the big differences with LoL is that you'll be punished hard and very quickly in ff14 if you dare to missbehave or talk innaproprietly. There's actual 0 tolerance policy on bm which is not the case of Lol as it depends on trends in behavior. Also, once you've banned on ff14, you are not allowed to make an other account or you'll be banned once spotted. Ppl will leave or make up an excuse for leaving the instance. Or, they'll kick and replace the one that doesnt fit the requierements. > > There's a lot of peer pressure aswell in High-end raids but you can specify requierements or check performances of players before they enter the raid groups. Alike lol, performances and numbers of kills actually reliably gives information on game knowledge and consistency. > Example : https://fr.fflogs.com/character/id/194535?zone=21&mode=detailed > > So let's say, you pretty much can know who you're playing with before the beginning of the raid which reduces the risk of frustration. In LoL, you're placed with random ppl all the time and have no clue how they play etc. That's actually a pretty good point too. In WoW youre subscribing to play and they have a massive no tolerance policy as well. Kinda strikes me as odd when people who are lv 30+ with thousands/hundreds spent still flame though. Maybe just the idea that they arent being watched enough?
: One of the problems of player-versus-player games (from handball to Hearthstone) is indeed that people tend to try and see these games as means to prove themselves, as most of them were taught since early childhood. You have to be the best in class, in sports, at your job, whatever you do, if you aren't number one then you're bad, because someone out there fares better and you should at the very least be on a par with them. Because whatever you do, you have to do it 100%. Otherwise you're not trying hard enough, you're a slacker, you're some worthless piece of trash for being this bad at what you do. The fact that "strong", "skilled", "talented" people are recognised as such __even__ in games through borders, icons, skins, name tags, medals, public ranked ladders etc. makes it so that even a game will suffer from this. Don't have at least the gold rank border? You're bad at the game, and that makes you a slacker etc. because with trying hard enough you could climb up there. People forget that it's a game. Peers might recognise your skills or invested time when you show off that cool banner, icon, whatever, but you can still be this rude and snob person whom hardly anyone would want as their neighbour. Being talented in something doesn't make you a better person. A game is meant to have fun. If you're playing to be recognised by your peers without having fun, or doing so at their expense (think smurf players stomping beginners because it's fun to crush the weak), then you might need to take some time off and reconsider your priorities. And if you judge a person, or their opinions, only by their rank in an online game, regardless of their lifestyle, convictions, opinions, achievements in life, priorities, difficulties; congrats, you're the same as nearly all people on this planet in so far that you can effectively kick out reason to focus on what makes you feel special. *** TL,DR: I'm bad at LoL and I'm content with having fun when playing. Anything else is irrelevant.
> [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NZ9GlWoh,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-28T14:16:37.439+0000) > > -snip- > > TL,DR: I'm bad at LoL and I'm content with having fun when playing. Anything else is irrelevant. +1
: You missed a debate on whether or not borderline porn is allowed on the forums and that's about it.
> [{quoted}](name=A Bad Varus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-28T21:19:52.479+0000) > > You missed a debate on whether or not borderline porn is allowed on the forums and that's about it. I still remember the shitshow that came out when Eve's rework was released and we're like "... Ok fuck now we have to readjust shit"
: Everything is going just fine. I kept the place clean for you. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:44:43.692+0000) > > Everything is going just fine. I kept the place clean for you. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Thanks Sheriff.
damabevi (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=damabevi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:35:13.042+0000) > > you say you want to sperate yourself from riot but continue to be a mod. guess you can't let go of the only authority you have on the internet because god knows you have none irl too. You know, I honestly considered removing this because it violates rules but I'd actually kinda like to address this for a 'sec. 1) I dunno why I'd "need authority" irl. I'm fine, lol. 2) I dont have to agree with all of Riot's decisions. I can disagree with marketing or skin designs or Champion balance or whatnot. I mean if I had my way Lee Sin wouldnt exist. Memes aside though, I dunno why people see being a Mod as something sought out for personal gain. Who would honestly want to spend time moderating for free? If I fuck up and make a mistake? I get an entire community at my throat. If I remove someone's post when they had good intent but broke the rules? I just possibly made a new, for lack of a better word at nearly 5 am, "enemy" (and that's a really poor one so dont take that specific word choice too seriously). I have to spend time being "the bad guy." No one cares how I might be improving the place, no one cares how I might be making GD better, people care when I make mistakes, when I give out the punishments as some "power needing creepy nerd loser behind a screen". People in general do not like moderators. I dont know why anyone would want to be a mod for what, a shiny title? A cool color? Yea, they're nice sure, but if you think an ego is why I'd become a mod that's a pretty harsh trade to make because that ego will be swatted away real fast by everyone. I dont do it for the title or power or anything, that's not worth the flak I get for being one. I became a mod to help the community. That's it. No amount of downvotes will change that. No amount of people saying how it's obviously done for personal gain or whatever will change that. No amount of people telling me "You're not special" will change that. I dont do this for any of that, why would I? It's just simply not worth it. I just do it because it's helpful, even if people dont see 95% of what you do.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:26:22.463+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/z86kgqS.png[/img] http://i.imgur.com/1baPhDE.jpg chill it's no big deal
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:33:05.470+0000) > > http://i.imgur.com/1baPhDE.jpg > chill it's no big deal God i havent seen that image since old GD like 5 years ago. Man do I have funny memories about moderation back then. Ones i, ironically, cant tell here. Oldies will know what im talking about though.
: since then there was big battle between the mods and the normal posters about content being removed. it's in my post history if you wanna read up on that. Some of that was over what you previously said as mods are deleting those posts now claiming they fall under "social" issues. welcome back.
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:24:02.616+0000) > > since then there was big battle between the mods and the normal posters about content being removed. it's in my post history if you wanna read up on that. Some of that was over what you previously said as mods are deleting those posts now claiming they fall under "social" issues. welcome back. https://i.imgur.com/z86kgqS.png[/img]
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:30:19.960+0000) > > It's been discussed within 24 hours. > > As a mod I can keep an eye on that type of thing more easily. > > Outplayed. > > --Seriously though. I'm curious about how GD and LoL in general has been. Let's talk about that pls ♥ Well then i'm the wrong person to ask because im currently 410 wins to 440 loses in silver 5 and gold is so far away that i need a telescope to see even a glimpse of it... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:42:58.260+0000) > > Well then i'm the wrong person to ask because im currently 410 wins to 440 loses in silver 5 and gold is so far away that i need a telescope to see a glimpse of it... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Rip. I got too distracted again this season. Had high gold MMR on my smurf (where funnily enough I was taking things more seriously) and eh, hit Gold on both that and on this but didnt play enough to hit Plat. Feels bad man. I remember back when I was hitting Gold for my first time though. Took a lot of figuring out to do. I think more than people give it credit for. You gotta look at yourself. Analyze your playstyles. Analyze what works with you and what doesnt. What Champions fit your play patterns. Gotta figure out how to be good at macro, good at micro, all of that. Figure out how to close games out. How to be more efficient with build paths. That sorta thing takes time but it's nice when you finally reach personal breakthroughs. Keep at it. You'll get there if you work on your play enough.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=General Kenobi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9cPYV8zz,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-28T04:33:58.109+0000) > > Ranked is competitive. No it's not. It's more akin to a pickup, free entry basketball tournament at your local rec center. It looks competitive but it's pure recreational. If you aren't on a legit team competing in actual eSports, you aren't playing competitive League - you're playing recreational League at the local rec center.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9cPYV8zz,comment-id=0001000100000001,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:27:16.106+0000) > > No it's not. It's more akin to a pickup, free entry basketball tournament at your local rec center. > > It looks competitive but it's pure recreational. If you aren't on a legit team competing in actual eSports, you aren't playing competitive League - you're playing recreational League at the local rec center. Good analogy, I like it.
: >After the recent... Riot event, I felt a need to separate myself for a bit. Let's not talk about that. You bring that up when nobody is talking about it anymore and then you say let's not talk about that... How are you a mod?
> [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kVsHAyHg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:28:26.415+0000) > > You bring that up when nobody is talking about it anymore and then you say let's not talk about that... > > How are you a mod? It's been discussed within 24 hours. As a mod I can keep an eye on that type of thing more easily. Outplayed. --Seriously though. I'm curious about how GD and LoL in general has been. Let's talk about that pls ♥
Kythers (NA)
: low effort thread
The platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus), sometimes referred to as the duck-billed platypus, is a semiaquatic egg-laying mammal endemic to eastern Australia, including Tasmania. Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of the five extant species of monotremes, the only mammals that lay eggs instead of giving birth to live young. The animal is the sole living representative of its family (Ornithorhynchidae) and genus (Ornithorhynchus), though a number of related species appear in the fossil record. The first scientists to examine a preserved platypus body (in 1799)[3] judged it a fake, made of several animals sewn together.[4] The unusual appearance of this egg-laying, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate hoax. It is one of the few species of venomous mammals: the male platypus has a spur on the hind foot that delivers a venom capable of causing severe pain to humans. The unique features of the platypus make it an important subject in the study of evolutionary biology and a recognisable and iconic symbol of Australia; it has appeared as a mascot at national events and features on the reverse of the Australian twenty-cent coin. The platypus is the animal emblem of the state of New South Wales.[5] Until the early 20th century humans hunted the platypus for its fur, but it is now protected throughout its range. Although captive-breeding programs have had only limited success and the platypus is vulnerable to the effects of pollution, it is not under any immediate threat. Taxonomy and etymology When the platypus was first encountered by Europeans in 1798, a pelt and sketch were sent back to Great Britain by Captain John Hunter, the second Governor of New South Wales.[6] British scientists' initial hunch was that the attributes were a hoax.[7] George Shaw, who produced the first description of the animal in the Naturalist's Miscellany in 1799, stated it was impossible not to entertain doubts as to its genuine nature,[8] and Robert Knox believed it might have been produced by some Asian taxidermist.[7] It was thought that somebody had sewn a duck's beak onto the body of a beaver-like animal. Shaw even took a pair of scissors to the dried skin to check for stitches.[9] The common name "platypus" is the latinisation of the Greek word πλατύπους (platupous), "flat-footed",[10] from πλατύς (platus), "broad, wide, flat"[11] and πούς (pous), "foot".[12][13] Shaw assigned the species the Linnaean name Platypus anatinus when he initially described it, but the genus term was quickly discovered to already be in use as the name of the wood-boring ambrosia beetle genus Platypus.[14] It was independently described as Ornithorhynchus paradoxus by Johann Blumenbach in 1800 (from a specimen given to him by Sir Joseph Banks)[15] and following the rules of priority of nomenclature, it was later officially recognised as Ornithorhynchus anatinus.[14] The scientific name Ornithorhynchus anatinus is derived from ορνιθόρυγχος (ornithorhynkhos), which literally means "bird snout" in Greek; and anatinus, which means "duck-like" in Latin. There is no universally agreed plural of "platypus" in the English language. Scientists generally use "platypuses" or simply "platypus". Colloquially, the term "platypi" is also used for the plural, although this is technically incorrect and a form of pseudo-Latin;[9] the correct Greek plural would be "platypodes". Early British settlers called it by many names, such as "watermole", "duckbill", and "duckmole".[9] The name platypus is occasionally prefixed with the adjective "duck-billed" to form duck-billed platypus. Description In David Collins's account of the new colony 1788 – 1801, he describes coming across "an amphibious, mole like" animal. His account includes a drawing of the animal.[16] The body and the broad, flat tail of the platypus are covered with dense, brown fur that traps a layer of insulating air to keep the animal warm.[9][14] The fur is waterproof, and the texture is akin to that of a mole.[17] The platypus uses its tail for storage of fat reserves (an adaptation also found in animals such as the Tasmanian devil[18]). The webbing on the feet is more significant on the front feet and is folded back when walking on land. The elongated snout and lower jaw are covered in soft skin, forming the bill. The nostrils are located on the dorsal surface of the snout, while the eyes and ears are located in a groove set just back from it; this groove is closed when swimming.[14] Platypuses have been heard to emit a low growl when disturbed and a range of other vocalisations have been reported in captive specimens.[9] Weight varies considerably from 0.7 to 2.4 kg (1.5 to 5.3 lb), with males being larger than females; males average 50 cm (20 in) in total length, while females average 43 cm (17 in),[14] with substantial variation in average size from one region to another, and this pattern does not seem to follow any particular climatic rule and may be due to other environmental factors, such as predation and human encroachment.[19] The platypus has an average body temperature of about 32 °C (90 °F) rather than the 37 °C (99 °F) typical of placental mammals.[20] Research suggests this has been a gradual adaptation to harsh environmental conditions on the part of the small number of surviving monotreme species rather than a historical characteristic of monotremes.[21][22] Modern platypus young have three teeth in each of the maxillae (one premolar and two molars) and dentaries (three molars), which they lose before or just after leaving the breeding burrow;[14] adults have heavily keratinised pads in their place.[14] The first upper and third lower cheek teeth of platypus nestlings are small, each having one principal cusp, while the other teeth have two main cusps.[23] The platypus jaw is constructed differently from that of other mammals, and the jaw-opening muscle is different.[14] As in all true mammals, the tiny bones that conduct sound in the middle ear are fully incorporated into the skull, rather than lying in the jaw as in cynodonts and other premammalian synapsids. However, the external opening of the ear still lies at the base of the jaw.[14] The platypus has extra bones in the shoulder girdle, including an interclavicle, which is not found in other mammals.[14] As in many other aquatic and semiaquatic vertebrates, the bones show osteosclerosis, increasing their density to provide ballast.[24] It has a reptilian gait, with the legs on the sides of the body, rather than underneath.[14] When on land, it engages in knuckle-walking on its front feet, to protect the webbing between the toes.[25] Oh shit wait low effort whoops put in high effort my bad
King Mundo (EUNE)
: Old legendary skins need some love from Riot
They wont ever do it; people have been asking for quite a while (years). Honestly, they should just lower the prices significantly.
Rioter Comments
Kythers (NA)
: Can we do something about the chinese players on NA?
I'm going to lock this thread as it's getting out of hand pretty quickly.
Rioter Comments
: Apple Girl (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Baited and outsmarted. Dusty is a siren confirmed.
Anin777 (EUW)
: Nice to see a Kindred player on the boards. Good luck on your promos.
> [{quoted}](name=Anin777,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eqlF4K8m,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-08-10T09:34:42.771+0000) > > Nice to see a Kindred player on the boards. Good luck on your promos. Thanks. My w/l is shit on this account, duo'd with really not so great players as well as memed about way too much. I hit Gold and the sad part is I lost games I shoulda won, then I played like a complete jackass and won my promos match needed for Gold. ... I mean im not really gonna complain much but i felt kinda dead inside realizing how bad I played that final game lol. Thank you tho dude, looks like you sending your energy helped me
HJTBB (NA)
: why did kayn get E second
> [{quoted}](name=HJTBB,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eqlF4K8m,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-08-10T04:24:44.771+0000) > > why did kayn get E second why did kayn have dark harvest we'll never know
: I'm tilted just watching this
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Koalifier,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eqlF4K8m,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-08-09T21:11:52.921+0000) > > I'm tilted just watching this I was tilted going against this
: That Raka is a god
> [{quoted}](name=TonyTonyMordecai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eqlF4K8m,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-08-10T03:20:20.906+0000) > > That Raka is a god It's a smurf; his main is Diamond
  Rioter Comments
: reportx9
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-08-05T18:28:27.383+0000) > > reportx9 deserved
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-05T08:10:48.122+0000) > > He's smurfing, he's Diamond on his main. > > It's kinda funny, this account has a really shitty winrate+kdas and it's my main. I duo'd with people i shouldnt have, tilted in a few games, and i just fucked around duoing with a diamond friend who would do shit like hybrid pantheon, sona top, sona adc, and such. Have you ever seen an AD Sona Top beat an Irelia Top in both lane and game before in Ranked? I havent, was funny. > > Meanwhile my smurf is higher mmr with solid winrates rofl. Off meta is my jam. I use Arcane Comet/Inspiration secondary on Kat all the time. When Sterak's had synergy with Trinity Force items I went Dark Harvest Kat with lich bane, gunblade, sterak's, and spirit visage. When you see a Kat with that much HP and a shield when they get low, that also heals back up E, auto someone and kill them, and you hear the "balanced" sarcastic remark come out of them, it's ALMOST hard to deny.
> [{quoted}](name=VoraciousX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-05T08:23:45.776+0000) > > Off meta is my jam. I use Arcane Comet/Inspiration secondary on Kat all the time. When Sterak's had synergy with Trinity Force items I went Dark Harvest Kat with lich bane, gunblade, sterak's, and spirit visage. When you see a Kat with that much HP and a shield when they get low, that also heals back up E, auto someone and kill them, and you hear the "balanced" sarcastic remark come out of them, it's ALMOST hard to deny. real talk pre rework tank akali was memetastic
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-08-05T08:04:21.359+0000) > > we won anyways but i laughed my ass off, i didnt even rage i literally just shouted the title in voice as it happened > > i was too busy being annoyed at our mid who kept spamming ff >.> Rule number 2(because we all know rule number 1, or at least most of us do), never fully trust your teammates xP.
> [{quoted}](name=VoraciousX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-05T08:07:06.789+0000) > > Rule number 2(because we all know rule number 1, or at least most of us do), never fully trust your teammates xP. He's smurfing, he's Diamond on his main. It's kinda funny, this account has a really shitty winrate+kdas and it's my main. I duo'd with people i shouldnt have, tilted in a few games, and i just fucked around duoing with a diamond friend who would do shit like hybrid pantheon, sona top, sona adc, and such. Have you ever seen an AD Sona Top beat an Irelia Top in both lane and game before in Ranked? I havent, was funny. Meanwhile my smurf is higher mmr with solid winrates rofl.
: I'm so sorry that happened to you...but it made me laugh my ass off.
> [{quoted}](name=VoraciousX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmByABAm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-05T08:03:35.122+0000) > > I'm so sorry that happened to you...but it made me laugh my ass off. we won anyways but i laughed my ass off, i didnt even rage i literally just shouted the title in voice as it happened i was too busy being annoyed at our mid who kept spamming ff >.>
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63m2tXhx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-08-02T21:08:24.295+0000) > > This. > > And I say this as a multi season plat player. > > I dont want this. Give me rewards in other ways. You don't want the end of season rewards? I'm here thinking it's a pretty juicy icon... to each their own I guess. Riot already gives away too many free things, a few years ago, skins could only be bought with RP or won through competitions/going to events. Asking for more would be greedy, especially with how simple it is to earn keys and chests. What would be your idea of a fitting reward? Just curious.
> [{quoted}](name=OatheSworn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63m2tXhx,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-02T21:31:07.036+0000) > > You don't want the end of season rewards? I'm here thinking it's a pretty juicy icon... to each their own I guess. Riot already gives away too many free things, a few years ago, skins could only be bought with RP or won through competitions/going to events. Asking for more would be greedy, especially with how simple it is to earn keys and chests. What would be your idea of a fitting reward? Just curious. No I want end of season rewards i just dont like the idea of paying for them and having lower elo players wishing they could pay for them too, the whole idea is just bad. Give me an additional chroma or something.
: That's a ~~terrible~~ great idea. It's not like the **Bronze**/**Silver**/**Gold** tier players make up 89.72% of League's playerbase across all regions... in fact, it's such a ~~ terrible~~ great idea that I'm sure loads of these players will be ~~extremely angry~~ overjoyed and show ~~absolutely zero~~ full support towards this change. They'd feel so ~~put-down~~ happy that they'd ~~quit~~ find a renewed interest in League. All sarcasm aside, I'd say this would be a great way to kill a lot of their players _and_ their income. If 90% of the players can't buy items in the shop because they are rank specific, that would cut into a lot of money that could have been made if it were open to all. Might seem like a great idea, but the negatives **far** outweigh the positives. If Riot wants to reward the higher ranked players, there is already the end-of-season rewards.
> [{quoted}](name=OatheSworn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63m2tXhx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-02T17:21:55.541+0000) > > That's a ~~terrible~~ great idea. It's not like the **Bronze**/**Silver**/**Gold** tier players make up 89.72% of League's playerbase across all regions... in fact, it's such a ~~ terrible~~ great idea that I'm sure loads of these players will be ~~extremely angry~~ overjoyed and show ~~absolutely zero~~ full support towards this change. They'd feel so ~~put-down~~ happy that they'd ~~quit~~ find new a renewed interest in League. > > All sarcasm aside, I'd say this would be a great way to kill a lot of their players _and_ their income. If 90% of the players can't buy items in the shop because they are rank specific, that would cut into a lot of money that could have been made if it were open to all. Might seem like a great idea, but the negatives **far** outweigh the positives. If Riot wants to reward the higher ranked players, there is already the end-of-season rewards. This. And I say this as a multi season plat player. I dont want this. Give me rewards in other ways.
: They hotfixed Akali so she can no longer use another Akali's shroud for stealth
: Reminder that Vol'Jin died for this
> [{quoted}](name=Trolosaurus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2018-08-02T05:33:09.510+0000) > > Reminder that Vol'Jin died for this See above.
: Why any horde race besides the skeletons would even support the horde at this point is beyond me. Also Sylvanas is an extremely terrible character that's basically Garrosh 2.0 at this point, except I want to kill her even more than Garrosh. "THEY WILL STRIKE US SO WE MUST BE PRE-EMPTIVE AND TAKE TELDRASSIL!" "But Warchief, you don't even know-" "YES, THEY WILL! LOOK, WE'LL JUST HOLD IT ALRIGHT? THAT'S FINE, RIGHT?" "Well, I guess tha-" "DID THAT NIGHT ELF GENERAL JUST CALL ME FAT? I'M PRETTY SURE HE JUST CALLED ME FAT. WE'RE BURNING THIS BITCH DOWN NOW." "Doesn't that very clearly make us the baddies and guilty of incredible monstrosities where we went out of our way to target innocent civilians? Doesn't that kind of make you a genocidal maniac?" "LMAO" Just roll out the raid where she's the boss and we have to kill her. It'll happen eventually. Also, someone at Blizzard must really, really, really, hate Vol'jin, because he was the one that thought it'd be a good idea for her to be the warchief in the first place.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Kench NA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2018-08-02T10:18:06.269+0000) > > Why any horde race besides the skeletons would even support the horde at this point is beyond me. Also Sylvanas is an extremely terrible character that's basically Garrosh 2.0 at this point, except I want to kill her even more than Garrosh. > > "THEY WILL STRIKE US SO WE MUST BE PRE-EMPTIVE AND TAKE TELDRASSIL!" > "But Warchief, you don't even know-" > "YES, THEY WILL! LOOK, WE'LL JUST HOLD IT ALRIGHT? THAT'S FINE, RIGHT?" > "Well, I guess tha-" > "DID THAT NIGHT ELF GENERAL JUST CALL ME FAT? I'M PRETTY SURE HE JUST CALLED ME FAT. WE'RE BURNING THIS BITCH DOWN NOW." > "Doesn't that very clearly make us the baddies and guilty of incredible monstrosities where we went out of our way to target innocent civilians? Doesn't that kind of make you a genocidal maniac?" > "LMAO" > > Just roll out the raid where she's the boss and we have to kill her. It'll happen eventually. Also, someone at Blizzard must really, really, really, hate Vol'jin, because he was the one that thought it'd be a good idea for her to be the warchief in the first place. They're not. Saurfang is already known to be walking out soon. Idk why people are memeing about "the Horde supports this?" when leaders are already starting to walk out. Just because the others haven't yet doesn't mean they won't. We don't know how it'll happen and I think that's a good thing. Also we might not kill her. We don't know what her fate will be. Also also, no. Vol'jin said he did not trust her. Ever. At all. He literally said with his dying breath that he pretty much thought she was a giant piece of shit. He appointed her Warchief because the Loa told him to. Why? We don't know. We still don't know. But she has an eventual purpose.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:52:03.066+0000) > > Also Ion never said Sylv was morally grey he said BfA is a morally grey expansion. Well, he said that both factions should worry about becoming evil. Except, right now what exactly has the alliance done since we stopped Sargeras? Killed some goblins who were trying to hoard Azerite. What has the Horde done? Occupied and then burned down a world tree because a psycho bitch got her feelings her.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2018-08-01T23:11:23.718+0000) > > Well, he said that both factions should worry about becoming evil. Except, right now what exactly has the alliance done since we stopped Sargeras? Killed some goblins who were trying to hoard Azerite. What has the Horde done? Occupied and then burned down a world tree because a psycho bitch got her feelings her. Jaina. Right now? Dude expansions last years. This one isnt even out yet. Why are people pretending like a patch before the game is even released is the entire couple year story arc
: Im so done LOL
Also Ion never said Sylv was morally grey he said BfA is a morally grey expansion.
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:30:09.733+0000) > > Survey says: Bullshit! > > Sylvanas's goal is literally the occupation of Teldrassil. Ignoring the dumbass politics of it, Sylvanas at least knows that the tree can be a valuable pawn and would help secure Horde-dominance in Kalimdor. After all, it's an entire capital city she'd dominate as well as having an extra place to store supplies, resources and more. Plus the Alliance can't really attack it because it's a world tree. > > Her entire goal changes....after one discussion with a mean elf. Then she wants to burn it down. ^^^^^^^ This. I'm not SUPER caught up with all the lore of every expansion (I dozed off around WoD tbh) but what I do know is a ridiculously stupid amount of Gilnean lore as well as Sylvanas. I don't think it was EVER questioned that Sylvanas is very much morally gray, but she has always leaned on 'evil' methods to stay in that moral grey ground. She wanted to use fallen bodies to create more Forsaken as they cannot reproduce and would die out, but was willing to force it on people who didn't ask to be reborn. She was willing to and went forward with bombing Gilneas City with Blight after Garrosh ordered her to help take over the city. Sylvanas did not particularly care for taking over Gilneas. She was interested in the Scythe of Elune (which we recovered in Gilneas and was being temporarily kept in the Blackwald) but she otherwise wanted to just leave it. She was put on the raid last minute and just went "well my job is to secure this, not my choice, but fuck it let's use blight". She had no regard for the well being of the Worgen whatsoever. She has never been fully neutral, she has never always just been an innocent victim. She's willing to do what she has to do to secure victory for her people. Instead of it just being the Forsaken, it's ALL of the Horde now however, so the stakes are ramping up. She wanted to use it as a place to occupy, but then kinda went fuck it burn it down which I think is... kinda in character for her. Not completely, but anyone who thinks Horde are secretly also good guys and not the evil guys of the story I'm sorry to say... They always kinda have been bad guys it's just more obvious kinda...?
> [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=000d0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:52:37.818+0000) > > Not completely, but anyone who thinks Horde are secretly also good guys and not the evil guys of the story I'm sorry to say... > > They always kinda have been bad guys it's just more obvious kinda...? Wrong on this part. Saurfang literally tells Horde players to rescue Night Elf civilians. They get questioned then let go. No torture, no harm. You just kill their military. Neither Baine nor Saurfang particularly like Sylv's actions. The Tauren are peaceful as fuck for the most part and stand with the Horde primarily for survival reasons as well as dire need, they assist in warfare basically for their end of the bargain in return for what they get. Vol'jin was good, Darkspear have been good. Thrall is green jesus. Lorthemar/Blood Elves are good if you separate the whole KaelThas thingy that went on. The Blood Elves that followed his suit and did his BS were bad yeah. Goblins are kinda greedy people who are selfish as fuck but they aren't evil. Just little shits. Also, humans have typically been extraordinarily racist. Worgen are whatever but Greymane specifically is a complete idiot, also an asshole and I dont know why the Alliance actually want him around considering he really only cares about them for his own selfish reasons and gave them the finger repeatedly.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T08:09:01.560+0000) > > I'm just waiting on Jaina to be just as big of one. There is no way Jaina will ever come close to that. Each time she had a rage outburst she never murdered innocents and try to hold peace as much as she could while still bearing the weight of all her losses in the process.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-01T11:32:52.625+0000) > > There is no way Jaina will ever come close to that. Each time she had a rage outburst she never murdered innocents and try to hold peace as much as she could while still bearing the weight of all her losses in the process. The cinematic that just released. "I'm ready to listen, father." That's a throwback to when she killed her father. "I wish you would have listened." She was trying to tell him genocide of the orcs was wrong. Yeaaaaaaaaah she might be going off the deep end.
zaire90 (NA)
: At least its not Herman
> [{quoted}](name=zaire90,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FR8MTMEJ,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-08-01T08:21:54.962+0000) > > At least its not Herman fking hermans
Wuks (NA)
: You wake up and your legal first name is Carl
Jamaree (NA)
: WHY, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, WE JUST FUCKING CAME TOGETHER TO KILL ONE OF THE LARGEST THREATS TO NOT ONLY AZEROTH BUT ALL THE FUCKING UNIVERSE AND YOUR FIRST THING AFTER IT IS LUL, LET'S START A WAR...WHY!!!!!
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-01T07:39:48.866+0000) > > WHY, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, WE JUST FUCKING CAME TOGETHER TO KILL ONE OF THE LARGEST THREATS TO NOT ONLY AZEROTH BUT ALL THE FUCKING UNIVERSE AND YOUR FIRST THING AFTER IT IS LUL, LET'S START A WAR...WHY!!!!! Possible Azerite has an effect on people similar to Saronite and the Sha. (Which would be worrisome for us lol). Also, Sylv's just turning out to be a massive bitch really. Not the Horde she leads though, I mean Saurfang spared Malf (after axing him whoops) and evacuated Night Elf civilians safely. Just her. I'm just waiting on Jaina to be just as big of one.
Rioter Comments
: It's literally impossible to deal with assassins
: Honestly, you should've dodged that game. -3 lp is way better than -18 lp.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4jE56HXQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-15T14:50:58.294+0000) > > Honestly, you should've dodged that game. > > -3 lp is way better than -18 lp. this also it doesnt affect your mmr
: Another Positive Post!
Sorry only negative posts allowed - Fuck equality =/=
: The secret Teemo mains don't want you to know about. Hexflash Teemo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tWeVQepI,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-07-15T04:08:37.834+0000) > > It is still occasionally featured in the Rotating Game Mode queue. Also, the Crystal Scar did get updated in the graphics department when DnD was introduced. > > As someone who primarily plays on TT myself these days I have to agree that it's disappointing that Riot only seems to care about SR and SR only. Be very careful and mindful of what you are asking for. One of the reasons we lost Dominion is because we started asking for Riot to balance the mode. Trying to throw us a bone, they came up with specific Champion balancing for the mode, which ended up taking more resources than they were willing to allocate. They decided to stop, but went one step further. Instead of supplying us a (in their eyes) sub-par product, they decided to remove it. We killed Dominion by demanding developer attention be paid to it. If we had just kept quiet we would probably still have it to this day. TT will follow the same fate, so if you like the mode, just be happy with what you have. I don't say this to discredit whatever legitimate concerns you may have about TT balance, I just say it as a cautionary tale. If your community makes noise about balance and it gains traction, you will lose TT. Tread carefully.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfalisk318,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tWeVQepI,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-07-15T16:05:20.873+0000) > > Be very careful and mindful of what you are asking for. One of the reasons we lost Dominion is because we started asking for Riot to balance the mode. Trying to throw us a bone, they came up with specific Champion balancing for the mode, which ended up taking more resources than they were willing to allocate. They decided to stop, but went one step further. Instead of supplying us a (in their eyes) sub-par product, they decided to remove it. > > We killed Dominion by demanding developer attention be paid to it. If we had just kept quiet we would probably still have it to this day. TT will follow the same fate, so if you like the mode, just be happy with what you have. I don't say this to discredit whatever legitimate concerns you may have about TT balance, I just say it as a cautionary tale. If your community makes noise about balance and it gains traction, you will lose TT. Tread carefully. Or maybe with their multi billion dollar company they can afford to balance it, just a thought
: I quit this trash game last month and
All games have their good and bad sides. Sometimes you just need a break is all. There really isnt a perfect game, just ones that are close. Everything has a flaw. Gen 3 Pokemon (or whatever your favorite Gen is) loses its replayability, card games like Hearthstone or Pokemon TCG or Yugi or Magic can be lost by RNG or deck costs, FPS's can get you swatted, WoW gets grind burnout and/or Raiding burnout (dying to the same boss hundred(s) of times in an intense Mythic Raid wears people down), etc. Every game you'll probly take a break from, not because they're bad, but because the bad parts of them you just need some relief from for a bit.
: Boards Arguments in a Nutshell
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Rock http://thebestoflol.com/upload/20141002055029uid41.jpg
Show more

Mounting Dread

Level 98 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion