Rioter Comments
: Karma is not getting it because she is getting a massive gameplay update that is reworking some of her abilities and they are changing a little bit of her kit art. When Riot does updates and reworks on this level they don't work on skins for champions in tangent. Karma is most likely not getting a skin this year at all. {{champion:37}} = Hasn't had a skin in awhile. {{champion:267}} = I still think they may be working on a Ultimate for her . . . . that concept with Ursula looking Nami or something. {{champion:40}} = It's probably going to be her. I don't know what it will be but she is probably getting a skin soon.
Sadly Hextech Janna already exists, this means they would be updating the skin(which would definitely be cool) ,but some people would get it for free and then it would also be moved out of the store(might be legacy actually).
Rioter Comments
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
> Except that Aurelion Sol and Christian dragons can both pull the stars from the sky. > "We tried out smoke and earth themed dragons, then slotting him into a few of the Runeterran factions. But whether we dressed him up in Noxian gear, hextech threads or Ionian attire, something just didn’t feel right - our dragon didn’t feel particularly unique to Runeterra. We started thinking bigger, and as we did, received new artwork from the Foundation team - Rioters who were already in the process of redefining Mount Targon’s look and history. Well this just seems to be a happy coincidence and theres nothing to prove that it isn't." > All religion is mythology. > You must not be religious or else you wouldn't say that...... Mythology and Religion are two different things...… One came from the other, yes, but it is no longer considered a true belief. Mythology is a collection of myths, especially the ones that belong to a particular sacred, religious, or cultural tradition of a group of people. Myths are a collection of stories told to explain nature, history, and customs–or the study of such myths. Myth: 1. a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events 2. a widely held but false belief or idea So myths are false stories that explain the history of a culture. Never said they wouldn't use myths but sources from current religion was something Riot wanted to avoid. > Well yeah, if Aatrox's body wasn't turned mortal, they couldn't exactly pull the immortal essence from his body, now could they? > Nothing says that Aatrox turned mortal , he was simply deceived and pulled into his weapon, That's all we know. > Well yeah, if Aatrox's body wasn't turned mortal, they couldn't exactly pull the immortal essence from his body, now could they? For Ta'anari's body to be killed, it had to first become mortal. So they could take out his immortal essence, and put it in the crossblade. > Like, in order to make sure an Ascended isn't resurrected, they either need to be turned into dust, by moon magic, which is a waste of Ascended power, or, their soul needs to be put in something to prevent their body from resurrecting, like Azir's did, from absolutely nothing. Well I think you made a good point about the Ta'anari, however if he has become a Darkin weapon that leaves us with 7 Darkin like you said before and not the 5 living ones. Two of the Darkin could not have merged into one, because that would mean that there would be only one host. We have two champs though. Two darkin can not be in a single weapon seperated , we have already discussed this. Now we have a whole new can of worms...…...
Neamean (NA)
: Good bye Oscar the Grouch hello Boo and Sully
Is nunu wearing a Dino Gnar Onsie? LMAO! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
Ahri is based off Shinto mythology Alistar is greek mythology Annie isn't based off religion but could be based off of Carrie. STILL NOT RELIGION THOUGH, and not blatant. Pyromancy isn't something Carrie only has. Aurelion Sol was going to be originally Ao shin, this got changed though. Nothing there to say its based off Christianity. Azir is a reference to Ra... but AGAIN its mythology Ashe being a reference to Ashur, is not even a current religion and would be considered Mesopotamian Mythology Amumu is a reference to Egyptian culture, lets just also call this mythology. Shall we continue then? Are you forgetting that Ta'anari turned mortal again? “Sulpae?” he croaked. “Is that you? Teushpa? Idri-Mi? Please, help me. I think... I think I am mortal once more, I... I think I am human again...” “You are,” said a voice that seemed on the verge of laughter.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
> Why not? They have before. Plenty of champions are blatant references to pop culture or religious/spiritual symbology. Such as? Proof or it didn't happen, man this the internet. We need those facts, my good man! > We don't know how the other Darkin were sealed within their weapons. The only Darkin we have seen being "sealed" in a weapon is Ta'anari's heart being forged into the crossblade. She didn't say use the heart to find the Darkin. She said take this heart and the crossblade to the nearest weaponsmith. I don't know what a smith would do with a heart besides forge it into the crossblade. > We never actually saw him being sealed, but...… Ok, ill give you the weaponsmith part about forging it into the chalicar, it makes sense but Aatrox was alive when he was imprisoned. Also you skipped over why they would make him into a darkin weapon after he was dieing, the Aspect of twilight even seemed keen on not helping Ta'anari, she said “I am saying that your death has been a long time coming, Ta’anari,” said Myisha. “Some of you turned out not so bad, I suppose, but most of you were so damaged in the war with the Void, it’s a wonder you survived this long. Perhaps you and your kind were a mistake to begin with, but a mistake I can help correct.” Imprisonment is not death. However I would like to help you out though, with your theory. I don't believe he became a Darkin, I believe that his heart was used as a power source or as like a conduit to connect the remaining ascended who had become corrupt to their weapons. "Ascended could be merged with the celestial power in their hearts" this quote comes from the universe. SO if the celestial power is within their hearts, this power could have a connection with all others who have been ascended. This would give us our process of binding, a powerful artifact along with a way to connect the ascended (the combination of Ta'anari's heart and Setaka's chalicar). > saying her prophecy would have nothing to do with the Darkin doesn't really add up > Didn't say that, just said we have some waiting to do.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
> Point was that the retcon took champs away from being from other dimensions, Space is still a strong factor in league's lore. > > Yeah, but the champions from space don't look human. Soraka has hooves, and a horn, and it purple, Bard is a living horn is a sack, and Sol is a dragon. Kayle and Morgana would need one heck of a make over for them to look like they were from space. _We have never seen what Targonians look like, we don't have a comparison of what aliens are in league. So to say they have to look a certain way is ridiculous. Celestials are not actually alien. They are sentient cosmic forces that has been given a physical form. As far as we know Bard and Soraka are the only celestials that look that way. They don't have more of them that would be considered a civilization, unlike a space empire that possibly could have people with wings. If you really wanted to turn down this idea of mine all you would have had to do was just mention Kayle having to do with ascension and Aatrox knowing about her. I've already tried to do this, but you seem stuck on the idea of space must be "space like" which is weird to say since there is nothing in the real world to claim what is the absolute standard of alien is._ > This part from me you took too seriously, I just don't want Morg and Kayle to be a part of the latest trend in league. > > Well, they are. > _Only because you are pigeon-holing them._ > Lucian purging undead , doesn't have to be catholic exorcist reference. Your imprinting that idea onto the situation. Its a good vs. evil troupe at the heart of it. Pretty common across the world if you ask me. > > Well, Lucian is part of the Demacian religious organization, the Lightbringers. He was called the Gun Templar in development. > _I'll let you have this one...….._ > The Four Horseman is purely related to religion. > > Not really. The four horsemen are more of a pop culture thing now. We have comic books based on the horsemen. The X-Men villain Apocalypse chooses four horsemen to herald his return, which him acting as the Jesus figure. > _Yes, this is true but that was super blatant where it came from and my point is Riot wouldn't want to do that._ > Didn't you say that Jesus was suppose to lead the Four Horseman though? Sivir is with Azir, he is ascended not Darkin. There is nothing saying that Setka's weapon is a darkin weapon either. > > Ta'anari, the Darkin who wielded the crossblade, used it to kill some of the Darkin, before turning it on himself, and then the Aspect of Twilight, ripped out his heart and forged it into the crossblade. > Sivir is also destined to bring about great destruction, or use the crossblade as a symbol of great unity. > _Ok, but Ta'anari died after his heart was ripped out, he only loved for a few momments after it. The other Darkin were sealed ALIVE, so this isn't completely supported, we don't know if his soul was ever actually captured. Also why capture his soul and give him another life if the aspect already killed him? HIs heart and chalicar were obviously instruments in the sealing process of the Darkin, but we don't know the process. The prophecy has yet to be unraveled on how sivir would bring about either one. Like I said though she is currently with Azir, so until she meets a cross roads or some sort of turmoil where she needs to make a choice we won't have a clue. Also she would need to realize her full potential. We got some waiting to do._
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
"Except the Aspects are all human. Since the lore revamp, the only champions that are canonically from space are Soraka, Bard, and Sol." Point was that the retcon took champs away from being from other dimensions, Space is still a strong factor in league's lore. Not gonna touch on the subject of the wings, my point was missed completely. "Kayle does have to do with some sort of ascension so I'm just gonna wait to see. Also making them darkin seems like a cheap way out of a problem. Our winged ladies deserve more than to be bunched in with the problem children in class, lol." This part from me you took too seriously, I just don't want Morg and Kayle to be a part of the latest trend in league. "Which is why I think that the Scale is actually made up of the 2 female Darkin; Valeeva, Varus's sister, who makes up the wings, and Naganeka, the serpent Darkin who's venom corrupted Cassiopia, making up the chains. Ether they were both sealed within one weapon, or Valeeva absorbed Naganeka, and became a single Darkin. The reason I think this is because if they each were their own weapon, there would be like 7 Darkin out there, and Riot said there were only 5.... living Darkin... which does leave room for a 6th zombie Darkin." Seem like you kind of outed yourself with the "there would be like 7" thing. The idea of Valeeva absorbing Naganeka making a single Darkin goes back to what I said about a single Darkin gets a single host. This is not a plausible theory. Two Darkin in a single weapon, seems more plausible, only because we don't know how the binding process is done. But doesn't that still mean its TWO darkin dispite it being one weapon? And if its one weapon this splitting the weapon again would split the souls of whats inside. If a object has multiple parts and you try to seal something like a soul in it you would divide the soul. The scale would then be individual objects that form a single one . Not technically a single weapon, just two that SO HAPPEN to be able to become one. "Or how Ionia is based on Buddhism , a CURRENT REAL-WORLD RELIGION? Or what about Lucian being based on a Catholic exorcist, you know, a CURRENT REAL-WORLD RELIGION?" Ionia is a land of unspoiled beauty and natural magic. Its inhabitants, living in scattered settlements across this massive island continent, are a spiritual people who seek to live in harmony and balance with the world. There are people in the world who are spiritual without being religious. Its a simple concept, that can be blanketed, meaning what ever source that was the inspiration for it isn't as on the nose as taking a concept known to be purely apart of religion. Ionia is based off of different aspect's of Asian culture, not just purely buddhism. Lucian purging undead , doesn't have to be catholic exorcist reference. Your imprinting that idea onto the situation. Its a good vs. evil troupe at the heart of it. Pretty common across the world if you ask me. The Four Horseman is purely related to religion. "Well, she lead a band of misfits, she was betrayed like 3 times, killed, and resurrected, she has holy blood, she has weird water magic, she is the heiress to a magical, golden, eternal kingdom, her main symbol is a cross, and on top of that, she is part of an ancient prophecy that says her coming will bring about great destruction, and/or great unity. And wouldn't you know it, Jesus was also all of those things." Didn't you say that Jesus was suppose to lead the Four Horseman though? Sivir is with Azir, he is ascended not Darkin. There is nothing saying that Setka's weapon is a darkin weapon either.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T17:14:07.026+0000) > > Yes, you've posted that before. Like I said, spheres or no (but actually especially if they're spheres), they'd be too big to make a scale with using the sword. And it will unfold... into what exactly, and why? I thought you said Morgana was the one using the chains and shields now, and those aspects were separated from Kayle's weapon. Kayle and Morgana would both wielding parts of the Darkin Scale. That is why Aatrox says Kayle will never reach her full potential, because Morgana has parts of the weapon. They are magic spheres, they can be as big or as little as they need them to be. > Ta'anari is no longer a Darkin. There was sort of a big deal about how he was reduced to becoming a mortal. Plus, due to his betrayal of the other Darkin, I doubt the others would want to seek him out even if he was alive, so he wouldn't be amongst the five that Varus wishes to reunite. ...Then why was a human heart forged into the crossblade? No one who says Ta'anari was human has answered that. Also, why does Sivir go on a murderous rampage when she first picks up the crossblade? Killing people who were offering her her weight in gold seems really out of her character for Sivir. Also, you can't exactly perform the ritual on a Darkin, if their body just gets back up. Like, if you ripped out Aatrox's heart, without turning him human again, he would just get pissed off, and take his heart back, or just grow a new one. Like, ripping out Deadpool's heart won't do anything, unless you take away his regeneration. Well, Sivir is prophesied to bring out great destruction with the crossblade, and since the Darkin literally want to destroy the world and kill the gods, that sounds pretty "great" to me.
Azir being a reference to Ra is different than Darkin being a reference to the four horsemen. Ra is apart of EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY! Ra was a god worshipped by Egyptians back when they believed in polytheism. This is isn't currently considered the right belief in modern culture. The Four Horsemen are apart of Christianity and I believe are referenced in other CURRENT RELIGIONS! That is what Cetri is talking about when he says Riot wants to avoid REAL-WORLD RELIGIONS! oh and Sivir isn't Jesus, come on man! {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
"Yeah, well, Riot has been backing away, pretty hard, from space being heaven and all. Nasus was suppose to be from space, now he is not, Malphite was suppose to be from space, now he is not. I think Riot wants to make the champions, actually from space, more special, you know? Like, they look like they are from space." What gives you this idea? Was it possibly the 500yr old trickster ezreal fan girl who shoots stars and warps through cosmic portals? The only champ "that looks" truly space related is Sol, but Pantheon, Zoe, Taric, Soraka, Bard, Leona, Diana......all are related to being celestial to some degree. Even if you take out the humans, that still leaves soraka and bard. Bard was released after Nasus and was still set as a celestial. Since the retcon to the lore Riot has actually pushed further into space, we have a space empire that has a presence on Runeterra dispite us never seeing the actual race. Your stretching your own theory without support, there is no evidence this will be a scale or a single weapon shattered into two. Morgana IS A CASTER, she doesn't even hold a weapon. "They would just have to give Morgana a more demonic looking set of wings... which is very much doable." Lets just say that this is true for a moment, Kayle and Morg both have a piece of a shattered Darkin weapon. These fragments or parts to the when have given them wings. If they were corrupted by the same Darkin wouldn't they have the same kind of wings? That seems lame. WAIT, but what if kayle over came her piece of the darkin and conquered it. This could change her wings right? Nope, she wouldn't have them then, if the Darkin caused the wings and she defeated its will she would be wingless. Look at Kayn, his alternate form no longer has the corruption his base form has. This is also evident in his soul hunter skin too, The quote you used was for when kayle is killed by Aatrox, that's what he means by her potential not being reached, she is dead when he says it. A Darkin weapon also seems to be unbreakable or indestructible. Again in the case of Aatrox single weapon to house a single soul. If you were somehow able to break it Aatrox would have already figured this out over the vast amount of time he has been imprisoned. Also breaking a Darkin weapon(artifact, in your case?) would probably not split the ability to corrupt and host others. More likely a broken Darkin weapon would do one of the following: a) release said Darkin OR b) destroy the soul in the weapon Kayle does have to do with some sort of ascension so I'm just gonna wait to see. Also making them darkin seems like a cheap way out of a problem. Our winged ladies deserve more than to be bunched in with the problem children in class, lol.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-12T01:38:09.358+0000) > > Thanks for the lore update a bit. > > Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon. > wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations. He is the second in command of the shadow assassins, and his lore mostly involves him being a child soldier of Noxus who was sent into Ionia to die, but killed everyone he came across, until he ran into Zed. Now Kayn wants to take over Ionia, burn Noxus to the ground, and eventually usurp Zed as the master of shadows. He just so happens to be wielding the Darkin that was sealed beneath Noxus after he heard from one of Zed's spies that the Noxians finally unearthed it. At this point, you could make just about any champion wield the Darkin Scales and come up with more reason for them to be wielding it than why Kayn wields Rhaast. > In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. > Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. Well, Zoe, Kayn, and Aatrox's rework all took place over a single year. Riot seems to be dead set on wrapping up this major lore event asap. Probably by season 10, so Riot can add more character to the map, once the Darkin are done destroying it. Like when Wow updated their map after Deathwing destroyed it. Most likely because Riot doesn't know why the two factions, that aren't really relevant to the lore, built this battlefield. > If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do.
"The map doesn't show where they are born, just where they are most related. So Taric is not labeled as a Demacian champion, he is labeled as a Targonian. I find it hard to believe two Aspects would be closer related to Demacia, then to Targon." I may have worded that backwords about Taric, but my point is still there. Taric actually has more of a history with Demacia then Targon. In the whole of his life the whole being an Aspect thing would be new. His lore doesn\t even say where he is currently located after his transformation into an Aspect. Though the map has him with Mt. Targon its like you said its "just where they are most related". But based on both side of our debate on this part of the subject I think the whole "being from Targon(space)" may not be right regards to Kayle and Morg. kind of sad about this though. "Not really, Kayn is a Darkin by associations" Bad example, Kayn is darkin by association because HE IS ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAPON DIRECTLY! He wields that weapon. What I ment was proximity and being associated with another person who weilds a darkin weapon, does not make you part Darkin. "Actually Aatrox has been wielded by hundreds of people. He has just been able to break them down into a single body. " Yes he has been wielded by hundreds but not simultaneously... his soul is connected to the weapon, He pushes his soul , his will , his essence onto the host's body. He can't have multiple hosts this would tear him apart. And this would have ment the end of Runeterra already because he wants to bring on a battle so big that it could possibly cause his own destruction. ( he'd have his own army if he could) "Yeah, which is why I say their wings are from the corruption of a Darkin, like how half of Kayn is all demon looking, but Kayle and Morgana's Darkin have wings. Although Kayle's corruption is the Ascended power from the Darkin, and Morgana's corruption is the blood magic, or void, part of the Darkin. We still don't quite know why the Darkin look the way they do." Proximity and association would not cause TWO individuals to gain wings from a single Darkin. Unless they change the style of Kayle's wings to look less angelic and more along the pattern with Kayn's corruption then I don't believe they are from a Darkin weapon. Also if you look at the corruption on Kayn its coming from direct contact with the weapon, its affecting the side of his body that he mainly uses to weild Rhaast. Now something that I have thought of while debating with you is that Kayle do to her strong will and sense of justice could have actually over powered a Darkin's will and became partially ascended through this. However this does not explain why Morg and Kayle both have wings.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-11T21:07:52.160+0000) > > Wait a minute...… I thought Darkin were Aspects that became corrupt? Why would Kayle have a Darkin weapon? This doesn't seem like a logical route for her. And so far we've seen a single darkin combine two people but I don't think they can split themselves since they are connected to a single object. (I bring up splitting because why have a angel of judgement and order associated with a Darkin (corrupt aspect of targon) and the then have her sister WHO is suppose to be a actually fallen and darker angel have no connect to darkin) > > > Morgana wouldn't be able to have a connection to a Darkin weapon because she doesn't use weapons, shes a spell caster. > > Let me know if this makes sense or if I misunderstood your post..... They are Ascended, you know, like giant animals. That is why the Darkin in the game have horns and wings, because they, at one point, were giant animals. Angels are not in the lore anymore. The closest thing to an angel is Zoe. So the only way for Kayle and Morgana to have wings is to be Vastyan, or either be wielding a Darkin, or having gone through the Ascension ritual. Kayn is the second in command of the shadow assassins, who are not associated with the Darkin in any way, yet he wields a Darkin. Also, Kayle and Morgana have been confirmed to not be from Targon, and they are actually Demacians. Well, she is connected to Kayle, if they were twins, maybe that is all it takes for the Darkin to corrupt Morgana, while being wielded by Kayle.
Thanks for the lore update a bit. Where does it say that Kayle and Morgana ARE native Demacians? I mean yes the Universe shows them being connected to demacia but till the lore update for them there is nothing saying they were BORN in Demacia. So ruling out Targon is like saying Taric has nothing to do with Targon because his location is Demacia. They could have come from Targon(space, not the mountain) and been bound to Runeterra in Demacia or just decided on Demacia. We don't have information to prove anything yet though. Vastayan? Possible, won't try to void this one, because I can't say that one tribe of birds will resemble another. wielding a darkin weapon? Darkin by association? OK this doesn't seem like a stretch for you? Seriously? In the case of Aatrox , who is thought to be the head of the darkin. He was only able to corrupt a single host and that was when he was being wielded by someone. Early next year still feels too soon for more Darkin lore, maybe that's just me though. If they went through the ascension ritual shouldn't they be less human looking, unless something happened during it I mean. In the case of Azir his ascension was interrupted and he was blasted out of a protective circle and DIED. The city was then destroyed because Xerath took his place and it wasn't ment for him. Azir was then resurrected later by Sivir. Interrupting the ritual is hazardous, and seems ment to be done under certain specifications or else it will have catastrophic consequences. ALL in all though I think Riot is gonna really do a number on Kayle and Morg's lore. We'll see next year though.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0Lou6V8A,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T22:56:53.192+0000) > > Which if I'm not mistaken is a spell, not a physical object in which a darkin could be imprisoned. And Varus's arrows are spells and not physical objects, but he is still the arrow of retribution. The Darkin is in the sword, but can summon a shield, like how Varus is in the bow, but can summon arrows. Does that make sense?
Wait a minute...… I thought Darkin were Aspects that became corrupt? Why would Kayle have a Darkin weapon? This doesn't seem like a logical route for her. And so far we've seen a single darkin combine two people but I don't think they can split themselves since they are connected to a single object. (I bring up splitting because why have a angel of judgement and order associated with a Darkin (corrupt aspect of targon) and the then have her sister WHO is suppose to be a actually fallen and darker angel have no connect to darkin) Morgana wouldn't be able to have a connection to a Darkin weapon because she doesn't use weapons, shes a spell caster. Let me know if this makes sense or if I misunderstood your post.....
: This is kind of a stretch, but does Syndra potentially have the power to create petricite?
I don't know Syndra's lore, but the title of the thread struck a cord. Please enlighten me. Mage creates magic nullifying substance ON PURPOSE using magic. This doesn't quite sound right to me, wouldn't this like void itself out mid creation. I could understand a null magic substance happening over time because of constant magical use to nature, major events like the rune wars and possibly hextech waste/ technological waste. Its possible that the world has evolved to protect itself , petricite being its answer.
Ahpe (NA)
: https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.lolusercontent.com%2Fapi%2Fembedly%2F1%2Fimage%2Fresize%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fimgur.com%252FvQIVRuQ.png%26amp%3Bkey%3Da45e967db0914c7fb472fd4381e6c85b%26amp%3Bwidth%3D425&key=a45e967db0914c7fb472fd4381e6c85b&width=150 https://ph-test-11.slatic.net/p/7/women39s-chunky-heel-sandals-casual-shoes-black-intl-3727-96154271-2829346b92e3a26a46fbb9754fa8e8cb-catalog.jpg_340x340q80.jpg_.webp https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcS1QkkJHbFPM3NwocBvH9tgy4-vex6-kZL0goXRnq98LUehrtc7Cw&key=a45e967db0914c7fb472fd4381e6c85b&width=150
The left foot has this weird gray blur that could be obscuring part of the foot. I agree with you on the thickness of the legs, also the legs would probably have a bend in them. Think the legs of a Fawn then look at the champs legs, its not similar. They are very straight, only the front legs of an animal would be close to that. Why would you give a champ the front legs of an animal though? The back legs are always stronger. I kinda looks like a suit or boots that go up to the knee.(maybe a little past in this case)
333lom (EUNE)
: Regarding Kayle and Morgana
I like this one comment I Read on T B Skyen's video of the champion Road map. The comment said that this rework would be the perfect opportunity to make an actually mature looking female champ. This comment was talking about Morgana. Now before everyone shoots my comment down because of "Boobs or GTFO" or something about her attractiveness it is possible for Morgana to look like a mature older female and still be attractive. I also like something Skyen said about Morgana, it was on her color scheme and personality, but I'm not sure how much this should be played up. What if we changed her hair color to like a brown, then going with the previous idea we add streaks of gray to it. This could also work with just black and gray too. We do the previous things as a contrast to Kayle, make morgana kind of old and withered fallen angel bound by darkness to the mortal world and kayle the "younger seeming" but an enforcer of the divine, a judge and executioner. These are not my ideas just some things I've seen posted else where and thought should be brought back up. Food for thought everybody!
: >but it did already call the champ out as a mage. Did it? I can’t find it anywhere. The flower champion was outed as a mage but not the chain one. I am not doubting it could be a mage but I am doubting it was 100% confirmed. And Riot did confirm Nunu’s main role is jungler vanguard and vanguards are offensive tanks so I certainly wouldn’t classify them as someone like Zoe. I could see Riot pushing out 2 mages in a row for sure because as you said the last real mage was Zoe.
Yeah I made a mistake, though the release of Sol then Taliyah made me think that two new mages in a row wasn't the craziest thing in the world. Good call out thanks!
: Can you point me to where they said that the new champ in the image is a mage? Everyone keeps saying that they said it was a mage, but I can't find it. All I find is, "Besides the colorful new mage currently in hiding, we have another new champion locked away, with no release date in sight…" which indicates the next champ being a mage and then talks about the following champ that we see in the image being discussed.
Absolutely right, I guess I tripped on the wording. Thanks for pointing this out. Now im more confident that the melee for this champ are the chains. I still believe in this being in Demacia though..... just cant shake the aesthetic off......
: We're already getting a lot of mages this season, We've had zoe, akali, the new "colorful mage", and nunu in comparison, we've had Aatrox and pyke for ad 4 to 2, adding Kayle and Morg after makes it 6-2. I'd hope for a melee, maybe one using the chains for a weapon. that'd be cool.
(EDIT: misread the road map, wasn't verified there that the champ is a mage) Yeah its high number of AP champs in a row , I felt weird about it when I saw the Champion Roadmap, but it did already call the champ out as a mage. Also Akali is a rework, not a new champ probably isn't counted toward mages. Shes an AP assassin. If you look up Nunu hes weirdly classed as a support......lol. Hes not really in a mage thematic. Zoe was our last NEW mage. But before that we didn't get a mage till Taliyah and Sol. That's 7 new champs between them. and at least 4 reworks(probably more). The only way I could think of them switching it on us is that the champ is a hybrid, two versions of each spell and one is for physical and the other magical. This however seems unlikely because the balancing for hybrids isn't easy.
Ahpe (NA)
: REASONABLE discussion and analysis of The "Chained champion"
Well I'd like to throw my two cents into the hat if you don't mind. (EDITED) Let's start with somethings that have already been hinted at..... First "we have another new champion locked away, with no release date in sight…" seems to be more of push toward the imprisonment than the actual release date. Second Based off of champs that have been released so far..... we haven't gotten a Demacian champ for awhile. The design of the chains and elegance of the cell/room leaves me to believe this is in Demacia. If this imprisoned champ ends up being a mage and assuming that the location is Demacia. The lore would have you believe that a powerful mage would revive Galio, but my guess is that the room is complete made of petricite. Also since there appears to be no windows, I'm guessing this holding area is deep under the city. This could help prevent Galio from being wakened. Gonna go on another limb here, those chains don't look very light, I'll bet this mage is a male. Yes, I know there are strong females, but most are not as buff as Illaoi and Riots female designs have been more toward the slender and fit side. The chains in the picture seem to be care free, they are not bunched up or tangled. This kind gives off the vibe that whomever is there is confident, strong and perceives the situation they are in as at least "manageable" (When I say mage , I'm unsure whether or not Riot means the role or position, if that makes since) looking at the footing its not completely clear but it seems he or she is facing away from us. I'll also throw this idea in here too, what if we get a champ whose story has already played out and the end result of it all was this, the imprisonment. This could be what "we have another new champion locked away, with no release date in sight…" actually means....Riot could just fill us in on how they came to be in the cell. The story could be told from the perspective of the guard asking the prisoner a simple question like " Is it true that you...…?" Food for thought!
: I'm surprised no one's asked for the subject or verb. Does anyone know WHY it is or isn't? I thought that since errbody uses perfecto gramer that someone would bring this up. No.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p8Tnn127,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-05-17T17:20:42.594+0000) > > I'm surprised no one's asked for the subject or verb. Does anyone know WHY it is or isn't? I thought that since errbody uses perfecto gramer that someone would bring this up. No. "grammer" ,,,,,,,,{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: @Riot Keep Pyke's Emote the Same
I agree, it will put more salt in the wound, when the support flashes the pyke emote after getting a double in bot lane.
: Should there be a Demon Champion who is moreorless a slaver?
the "no skeleton" rule applies to humanoid beings (karthus is a good example, he is not pure bones.), so you could get around that depending on what u have in mind for looks. "slaver" however could get dangerously close to Thresh's thematic.
: Vin Diesel joins the game!
The prophecy has been told that on the day of release of a GREAT MMO Game Movie Trailer , Vin Diesel shall take up the role as a "supporting" character! SO IT HAS BEEN FORE TOLD , SO SHALL IT BE! PRAISE RITO!
: > [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ak4gQaAK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-14T23:08:12.414+0000) > > We don't even know the CD on his abilities and ppl already making assumptions about him. W is probably around 16-28 seconds. Even with a CD of 60seconds it'll still be a crazy gank tool E probably 10 second flat. Q probably same as blitz and thresh so around 18 seconds, but if using short version im sure rito will give it like 50% CD refund. So 9 Second jungling clearing jarvan Q is still good and that ult can have karthus ult CD and still be insane
> [{quoted}](name=Sharkeshia Hoshi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ak4gQaAK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-14T23:10:35.064+0000) > > W is probably around 16-28 seconds. Even with a CD of 60seconds it'll still be a crazy gank tool > E probably 10 second flat. > Q probably same as blitz and thresh so around 18 seconds, but if using short version im sure rito will give it like 50% CD refund. So 9 Second jungling clearing jarvan Q is still good > > and that ult can have karthus ult CD and still be insane "Probably"...... too many assumptions and crying over a role you "Probably" dont even care about or even main. Is this a hissy fit over not getting another JG or mid-laner? OR are you concerned that a supp-main is going to make you look bad? I just dont get the fuss.....
Helliya (NA)
: Pyke complaints
Leviathen gave him powers? This isnt confirmed and seems silly. Wait for the bio to see his true back story. If you look at his splash he has two coins hanging off the shark/fish jaws. They seem like they are Nagakabouros' coins. Based off the region and what we know of her, she could be a valid reason for his re-animation.
Zelorxon (EUW)
: >I'm sure Noxus doesn't have so much pride that they don't have surgeons and doctors. -COMMANDER! WE ARE SUFFERING HEAVY CASUALTIES, THE TROOPS ARE ASKING WHERE THE MEDICAL PERSONNEL IS! -We don't have one. -w...WHAT? WHAT DOES IT MEAN WE DON'T HAVE ONE COMMANDER? -What are you? some beta cuck that is not even a real man? tell them that if they don't heal their broken bones and bleeding wounds with force of will or some shit they have a small penis and that they all wear a fedora. Also being completely deformed for life because you took too much time to fix the broken bone is your problem, not mine, haven't you read the terms of enlistment when you joined the army? (Also, all the good looking chicks will friendzone them both because they are scarred for life now and because they are nice guys that aren't real nice guys.) -c...commander? *jaws drop to the ground and the soldiers look at eachother in utter confusion And that was the last battle noxus fought before getting conquered and reduced in slavery by a nation created just for this joke's sake composed by babies armed with plastic toys. If anything, since noxus appreciates strenght in all its forms they would most certainly keep in high regards trained personnel that can ensure that the war effort has success. This would also help to show the unsung heroes that make noxus what it is.
Not sure if you are approving or disagreeing to my idea. Maybe you didn't understand how I worded that. " I'm sure that they do not have too much pride to not have a medic" I was unaware if any have been mentioned in lore. I didn't say they don't have them. LMAO!
NeoPyroXx (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrNhbdy,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=qnZMRp0d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T01:13:54.465+0000) > > 2 min idea here, but I'll just dish it out. I completely agree with the "matching the values" bit. What if we had a "Field Medic" , I'm sure Noxus doesn't have so much pride that they don't have surgeons and doctors. He could have been a former psychiatrist of Dr. Mundo and also done hidden research in Zuan after learn of Mundo's genetic abilities. This could be our "Dr. Josef Mengele"! > > Reply and let me know what ya think! But.... In Darius comic they had surgeons...
So is that a yes? Ex: There can be many surgeons on a battlefield but there can also be a single infamous surgeon amongst them! Garen is a soldier amongst many but he stands out for certain reasons.
: [Champion Concept]: Zaratha, Priestess of the Oasis
From what I know and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Ascensions have been primarily for the high ups of Shurima ( exclude xerath because he wasn't meant to be Asceneded initially ). Ascensions are also a MAJOR ORDEAL, like I think the whole royal family , sun priestesses and entire capital city will attend this event. It's a honor not lightly given. Buff up her reputation in the lore maybe.
: I have admit, we are indeed short on supply for a true Noxian support Champion. A DoTA style courier type champion is interesting, but it may add too much in terms of global presence on the map as well as granting too much of an early-game lead to allied laners if they can buy normal items. But, you can restrict this while incorporating all of the above. For example: You can have the Champion similar to an apothecary that occasionally creates potions which he can sell to allies via the courier. The variety and strength of the potions scales with his level, but the advantages from said potions cannot be overbearing (probably similar to potions from Kleptomancy). To create some kind of trade off for himself, maybe he has to buy recipes from the actual item shop to expand his Potion variety or make them more potent, or use gold to create said potions and sell them to allies for profit. (Probably the latter) The courier acts as an targetable alternate entity that grants vision, moved by ALT + Right Click, and can be clicked upon like Thresh's lantern opening a shop for allies. 100% of the gold generated goes toward his gold income. ____ The problem with designing a Noxian support champion is that it has to match thematically in terms of Noxian values; which in most cases is "Strength above All." This may be difficult to portray via this design thematic.
2 min idea here, but I'll just dish it out. I completely agree with the "matching the values" bit. What if we had a "Field Medic" , I'm sure Noxus doesn't have so much pride that they don't have surgeons and doctors. He could have been a former psychiatrist of Dr. Mundo and also done hidden research in Zuan after learn of Mundo's genetic abilities. This could be our "Dr. Josef Mengele"! Reply and let me know what ya think!
: While I doubt that minions are canon in Runeterra (the whole summoner rift game isn't), even if we assume that they exist, a champion is unlikely. Riot stated in a question thread that minions are magical artefacts, basically they are moving puppets driven by magic. This design spot is already taken by Shaco. He is a living, moving and murdering puppet.
Not so much a puppet, but I feel my friend here is MIA......{{champion:3}}
: would be interesting to see with new liandrys. Im thinking someone with a connection to some kind of life fountain or perhaps a life spirit or spirit of life fountain or something. For passive im thinking a buff to passive regen for the supp and less so for allies within a range and perhaps more in combat health regen. q:The tether skill could be used on an ally for like 1100 range but also be connected to an enemy within 550 range. ally tether could passively provide the regen from the higher health end to the lower health end. Enemy tether would drain health by doing magic damage per second and could charge up a medium heal for an allied target if the supp was already at full hp and was either not connected to an ally or the connected ally was also at full hp. While connected to both an ally and enemy and the allies health isnt 100% it could increase the regeneration rate to the ally. While connected to an enemy it could also heal the support somewhat too. w:a second ability could be a circular walled area like 400 units wide that deals 10-20% max health damage to any enemies as they pass through a wall (50% reduced effectiveness if they pass through any walls again) slowing them a moderate amount (40-60%). any allies within 300 units of the center of the area (up to 1 teemos width outside of it) are healed by half of the damage done. e:living fountain can be cast on monsters and minions. regenerates targets health (lower for larger targets higher for minions) upon being killed, the killer is award the hp regenerated as a heal (epic monsters is all killers allies that contributed, large monsters is an aoe for the killers team). If the target dies from nonchampion damage then the targets allied champions receive half of the healing as an aoe (based on size). lasts until target leaves combat once (can be cast before target enters combat but upon leaving one instance of combat the buff is removed). Untriggered fountains last up to 2 minutes. r: life bond: the support designates a target to bind to (can be rebound when not on cooldown but binding has a 30 second unreducable cooldown) if either the target or the ally were to die while the bond is active then they are both placed in stasis for 2 seconds during which their percent hp is averaged and distributed between them. The target who would not have died is then teleported within 1100 units of their ally (they can select the location during the 2 second window and if they choose not to they are placed immediately beside their ally). cooldown will be high (like 200/180/160)
Read your post, unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable about kits and balance. However I have been wanting to see a "Fountain of Youth" or a "Oasis" champ from Shurima. I think that would work nicely with your and the OP's concepts. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: A problem is that the lore is pretty ad hoc. Like you said with your Q&A example, where sometimes the Q&A yields pretty interesting trivia information that's not in the universe but since it comes from the 'mouth of god' aka Rioters, it SHOULD be canon unless otherwise. Then this information is forgotten or retconned after the next visual update or champion remake. Sometimes it does feel like the Q&A answers are either "tehehehe, not telling!" or "use your imagination!" like some DnD dungeon master on a power trip or its interesting trivia that's never looked back at (ex: I think Shyvana's lore referenced how she felt uneasy around humans in Demacia because she's different, yet this isn't mentioned in lore - like, at all).
ok so I see that you understand me even if you don't fully agree, cool. However, these pieces of additional information don't have to be canonized, just add them in folder of "Rioter Side Notes" or something. I just think It would be nice that when we get additional insight ,cannoned lore, a rioter's idea of what is going on or something else similar it could be easier to access. I mean I'm down to do a {{champion:13}} /{{champion:26}} mash-up cosplay with a custom skin on, "Academy Book Worm RyZil", just thought we could have this stuff more at the ready. People leave, come back, forget information, fall in love with new champs( I like multiple champs for only their character/personality/lore ), more lore and/or champ insight is added with each additional champ, etc. Thanks for taking your time to read and apply to my OP, all feed back is good feedback. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} But that's the purpose of Nexus, and it is equally as accessible to the community like the Universe site. They might be seperated content but they still neighbour each other. Plus all Q&A's over on Reddit discuss more than just 'lore' specific topics. And I dont think the average player should be finding links to gameplay and dev related information on the Universe site at all. Regardless, the Nexus site is the best place for questions and answers and it conveniently categorizes every subject for easier searching. All just a left click away from Universe.
I don't think you understood what I was getting at....{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Pawze (NA)
: Client is a lot slower after the preseason update
Experiencing the same thing, I thought it was unusual. Thanks for bring this up! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: When does Zoe come out on public servers
usually a champ is release on public servers two weeks after hitting the PBE
Rioter Comments
: Anyone else get their honor wards yet?
I got mine already{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I forget the reason why but riot will never create skins related to skulls or skeletons, the only exceptions being the dino champion skins like Kog'Maw and Cho'Gath
This i did forget, but that is easily fixed. The reason why we are able to have dino skins is because they are not human. We just make the skull into a animal skull and make the tentacles a blue transparency with a skeletal inside that is solid white. Im going to be working on some concepts, ill try to draw this one out and post it.
: Just because both teams have one doesn't make it balanced. If it's built by both teams, every game, with little consideration for other items, it's probably overtuned.
Very true sir, point well made! I believe I was a little hasty in posting, thank you!
: Perhaps its time (yes folks another thread talking about Exhaust)
How many of your enemies on the other team took exhaust? {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: The complaining parties probably had a {{champion:53}} supp who decided full AP was the better choice (for himself)
{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Rioter Comments
Ralanr (NA)
: You're right, we do lack scumbags. Closest we have is Draven.
Ok lets try this.... A old Demacian soldier gains fame, wealth, and eventually nobility through his servitude to the Military. Now a noble he gets a wife and has a son, years later the son has become bratty, manipulative, and a general A-hole. Despite his flaws, his father's influence has given him a role in the military which he actively abuses with his family fortune and stature.
Wolfeur (EUW)
: @Riot: A veteran Support main's opinion on the support role currently
I like the concept of increasing our effectiveness regarding our utility, however this seems to be a low-key form of meta enforcement. I also feel that lower AP values on these items might re-enforce the cliché that "all supports are weak little flowers" and we are only good at being. a caretaker. This is why we shouldn't dismiss Brand or Zyra from our roster. EP would be nice as long as it doesn't restrict our choice in champs and turn us into more of a slave.
Aviladel (NA)
: Support being an unpopular role is definitely a problem. I happen to enjoy the role, but it's easy to see why other people don't. I would happily accept 5-10 minute queue times over the current ~2.5 minute queue time if I knew everyone was in a role they chose.
The longer queue times are also better in a sense that it gave players a couple minutes of a pause to shake off the last game if you were doing poorly.
Aviladel (NA)
: Autofill changes player behavior in a negative way
This seems to be more of a poor move on Riot's part each passing day. Though this doesn't effect me for the most part, I'd like to see Riot make the next champ a Support that's targeted toward the mid-lane player base. Or everyone could learn something from this and be happy with the Que times knowing that they are more likely to get a player who can play the role and wouldn't troll. At least bare with it till we get the Support role a larger player base. All this being said the Support role has a problem appealing to many players for a reason Riot can't seem to figure out but is painfully obvious!
Show more

MrNhbdy

Level 118 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion