Rioter Comments
: What champs do you actually find fun anymore?
I've been enjoying Kai'Sa a lot lately, honestly the only reason I come back to play a game every now and then. Her animations aren't bad and her kit makes her fun to play.
: Can someone please tell me why they find this meta fun?
I remember when Riot had a vision to balance champs so that they only had soft counters and no hard counters. Riot got obsessed with esports and the money as their Chinese overlord Tencent started to grab hold when the original owners sold their stake to them. Now it's all about champs that look good on the esports scene and make flashy plays because that's what brings in the views, so champs that aren't as flashy get neglected. What we have 144 champions? Yet probably only a 1/3 of them are actually worth a damn (meta) because Riot has fallen to the wayside with their original vision. Let's not forget the Tribunal too, they replaced it with a lazy automated system where there have been false positives. Lyte who was supposedly going to help revamp the Tribunal left Riot and we haven't even heard shit about the Tribunal coming back. Riot has completely swept that under the rug. Riot also faced the sexual harassment scandals and promised to do better, yet just ~2 weeks ago it hasn't improved at all. The game isn't the only thing in a bad state, Riot as a company is in a shit state internally. They just keep on trucking because they still manage to bring in revenue, which at the end of the day is the only thing they really care about.
: Would you, as a new player, have continued playing this game if...
I wish they'd bring back teambuilder. I really don't care for the client as I haven't ran into that many issues, old client honestly seemed way more buggy. I know some people didn't like teambuilder, but I liked being able to choose my team comp even if it meant waiting a little longer. It made sure that you didn't have trolls or people trying to play really stupid champs that don't synergize with your team. It also allowed mirror match ups without having to play blind pick with people that don't know how to play the game yet.
Nice Try (NA)
: Thank you for the memories Riot Games Im sorry i couldnt improve and be less toxic. (Please Read)
My main account from forever ago was banned, friggin' loved that account. Now I have a few accounts, my current main is working it's way back up to honor level 2 after I got carried away. You just have to ignore chat when it gets toxic and either mute people or just watch what you say. I went from reacting to what people said to just being sarcastic if someone starts being toxic but making sure I don't say anything to trigger the IFS. Despite what anyone says it very much is **_keyword based_**. I've experimented with multiple accounts and as long as you don't say anything that triggers the dictionary they use for their IFS you're in the clear. Edit: It does suck to see you go and I understand your pain. When my first account got permabanned after playing on it from season 3 to season 7, I was devastated. If you do come back just remember to stay cool and ignore chat when it goes toxic. I didn't think I'd come back to League but when I'm bored as hell I come back and play a few games. My advice if you do come back is to make multiple accounts and when you feel yourself getting heated but you still want to play, switch accounts. Use different info for the alt accounts and you'll be aite.
: How long does the probation last after the 2 week suspension?
So Riot is extremely vague when it comes to this part as they don't want anyone to "abuse" the system. From my experience it's heavily time-based/games played. I somehow climbed back to honor level 1 and I barely play the game anymore (check my op.gg I played one game today in about a month). That lead me to believe that the decay function they have in place weighs in time more than anything else, but you also have to play x amount of games without kicking off the IFS for your chat. I'm pretty sure once you hit honor level 2 again and probably 6-months of "non-toxic" games the decay is pretty much gone and you're back on a clean slate. Ofc this is all opinion based on what I've experienced personally.
rujitra (NA)
: To my knowledge, the primary calculation is based on games and honors - however there is a time "limit" - as in you cannot earn honor faster than some maximum rate per day.
If that's the case I wonder if the games played to get to each checkpoint drastically decreases. To me it doesn't make sense that I went from playing 6-8 games a day for a few months and only got to checkpoint 1; I get on after a few weeks of not playing, play 2-4 games then get off, get back on a week later and have gone up another checkpoint, go back on hiatus then do the same thing. Logged back in today and says I'm honor level 1 again. Just seems really odd considering the amount of games I've played has drastically decreased but my honor is going up faster simply by not playing. Either way I'm glad I actually got back up to honor level 1, just found it really odd. Possible delay in the system before it lets me go back up? Like some kind of an integrity check, idk. Edit: grammar bleh
Rioter Comments
: Can we just get a "im fucking warding right here dont you dare put your ward here also you sick fuck" ping
Double wards in a bush is why I have trust issues in League. I can vividly hear the sound playing when two are placed at the same time {{sticker:sg-janna}}
rujitra (NA)
: You don't purchase the software. It is provided free of charge. They... really don't have any contractual obligation. Furthermore, you provide no basis for any law prohibiting programs from scanning other processes. In fact, this is probably not something that will be legislated - as it is the OS developer's choice, has no implications for privacy, etc, and is a competition factor. Data *protection* and *privacy* regulations only cover **collection** or **storing** of data. The League client is doing neither, it simply closes out if it detects other processes that are on its "list" or accessing its memory.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/aayvu4/lol_reads_your_browser_tabs_is_this_a_gross/ You seriously have a dangerous line of thinking on this subject. osu! is just another program that got caught skating the line like this. Not having transparency in what information you collect is something that is being looked at more and more as governments realize that companies are doing unethical things because there isn't a strict law stating they can't do it. Which is why the US and UK both started making precautions against not being transparent aka the Facebook fiasco.
rujitra (NA)
: Riot does not have access to the information. It is checked by the client **on your computer** and is never transmitted or saved, except possibly in crash logs which, again, **never leave your computer** without your express doing.
"the information" nice shot in the dark. Riot doesn't release certain usage statistics or methods that they use to track how they ban players, only a generalized explanation but not the specific process. Unless you work in that department you are making a broad assumption of what information they collect. Also Wireshark shows that info is randomly submitted to Riot, probably pertaining to usage statistics (this is an assumption based on the ToS and the consistency of when extra packets are being sent). Please do show me where this exchange isn't happening because you can actually see how much data gets sent through network analyzers, not that hard. Extra data doesn't get sent off to a Riot server for no reason and Tencent (the owners of Riot Games) have been known to bend the rules in what they collect.
rujitra (NA)
: They do - they have a contractual obligation to give you the content you buy. That does not mean you've paid for the content. Anywhere. I don't care where. You won't find one *anywhere*. Collection means where it would be viewable by Riot. Riot never gets the data - thus it is not collected - merely *examined*.
They actually don't have a contractual obligation to give you the content you buy which is why they can permaban players, blocking them from accessing any content they bought. Also in law in order to examine information it has to be collected first, you can't have one without the other. You seem to think collect means they strictly have to hold onto the information, they don't. Collection is any form of obtaining information, regardless of collection method or length of time info is held.
rujitra (NA)
: You don't purchase the software. It is provided free of charge. They... really don't have any contractual obligation. Furthermore, you provide no basis for any law prohibiting programs from scanning other processes. In fact, this is probably not something that will be legislated - as it is the OS developer's choice, has no implications for privacy, etc, and is a competition factor. Data *protection* and *privacy* regulations only cover **collection** or **storing** of data. The League client is doing neither, it simply closes out if it detects other processes that are on its "list" or accessing its memory.
Are you completely ignorant to how Facebook got in deep shit for what they were doing with people's info?
rujitra (NA)
: Riot is allowed to do whatever they want to their client. If they want to force their client to close or not run when certain other programs are running, that's their right. League does not, to my knowledge, interact with any other programs - it simply monitors the processes and memory and any action taken is by the league client on the league client.
Riot is not allowed to do whatever they want. There is certain information they can not and should not have access to. If data isn't pertaining to the game, they have 0 rights to access personal information that hasn't already been given to them from the end user. You do have basic rights, Facebook got fucked over for your type of thinking. If you are a company based in any modern country (Bulgaria has no rules for Internet) you have rights online that companies can not abuse or they pay the price once they get caught.
Rioter Comments
Talh (NA)
: Copying my reply to another post about the age comment in my post. Thanks for the replies guys. To be honest, I'll be editing out that portion of my post because it has distracted from the rest of my viewpoint. That last bit was really me just saying "Hey, I'm trying to rely on the strategy aspect of the game or macro, but because of damage being so high and often me losing that early advantage due to mechanics, I don't get the opportunity to make shot calls and good macro since the game is over before that part of the game even begins" My mechanics honestly are not failing b/c of age. More so because of what age brings... more responsibility = less time to play games and hone my skill. I'm sure if I played 40 hours+ of league a week again, I'd have similar mechanics if not better.
I get what you're saying now, that makes sense. I have less time to play now as well due to being older and more responsibilities accumulating, somehow, it's made me slightly better as it's pushed me to value the limited time I have, it's weird. For other though, such as yourself, I can understand how it can be a detriment. Even worse now because you practically get punished, indirectly, for taking breaks from League since Riot no longer seems to have a clear picture of where they want to take the game. Soooo much stuff changes in a desperate attempt for them to try and find a new meta that appeases to esports.
Talh (NA)
: I am now a Forumer, NOT a Summoner
I mean imaqtpie p good and he's up there...
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hlKOF1yT,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-27T16:52:14.086+0000) > > banned for low effort On it, chief.
> [{quoted}](name=Melledoneus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hlKOF1yT,comment-id=00060003,timestamp=2018-11-28T02:23:56.133+0000) > > On it, chief. Ok.
: I Play Because I'm An Addict. Would I Recommend League To A Friend?
> [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-27T10:58:03.116+0000) > > 3. Riot can't seem to decide whether it wants to be the strict dad or the cool uncle. Calling someone an idiot in chat? GO TO YOUR ROOM. Spouting off "ez, trash" after barely winning against a 4 man team? Ha ha, that's just competitive banter. You can be strict, and have a well-behaved community of anodyne SJWs, or you can be lax and have an unruly crew of colorful assholes, but you can't have both. When you try, both groups get pissed off, because there's too much ambiguity to the rules, and now no one really knows if they're in the right room. > > ___ Actually opened up a new support ticket just to ask them what the hell constitutes as "toxic" behavior. In another ticket Riot Skeletor said _**ANY**_ negative behavior is punishable. Negative behavior leaves room for a very, very broad interpretation and evidently asking someone to stop feeding (even if you tell them to play passive on top of it) according to Skeletor constitutes as negative behavior. That made my head spin, back with the Tribunal, granted it was slow as molasses, there was empathy. The community understood that things get heated and sometimes to get your team back on track you need to tell whoever to stop doing whatever the hell they are doing causing your team to be at a disadvantage.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9dneHBwB,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-11-25T00:01:20.948+0000) > > Damage isn't anywhere near as stupid as it used to be in S4-S6. I remember constantly seeing mid laners in S6 dishing out 100k champ damage and in S4/5 jg's were constantly dishing out 80k+. Damage was that high because games lasted that much longer, and ADCs actually had more effective HP because without being oneshot, they had time to lifesteal more than 50 health back. Had a game the other day on Ezreal where I dealt 97k damage in 50 minutes, too. Problem is, most games are functionally over by 15-20 minutes. In earlier seasons, it took the cheesiest of setups on one side and the poorest of reactions on the other to end a game by 15. Now anyone can do it if they snowball hard enough.
I agree with your concept that the game was healthier for ADCs back then, it definitely was. Back then games still on average ended around 30-35 mins, which is slightly longer than what it is now but by no means was averaging 45+ min games the usual. If it was that for whatever reason I always managed to secure wins a lot quicker than most I guess. Imo a lot of the reason why the game felt healthier back then is roles had set identities and now Riot is trying to make this awkward "try any champ, anywhere" bs. ADCs were meant to do damage that ramped up over time (generally speaking), tanks were actually that, they were meant to act as the frontline, etc. Now the game is just at an awkward state where it's having an identity crisis. Then there's what they did to the turrets where over time with changes to the turrets there was less and less risk to diving someone under their turret. People don't like my post because I said damage isn't anywhere near as stupid as it used to be, which is still true. The main difference between now and back then is the game punishes you more for mistakes early on which has created an environment where champs snowball all the time now. It isn't common having games anymore where multiple champions have 80-100k damage because the game was actually decided 18 mins in but a team didn't know to close so they just awkwardly keep farming the enemy team for another 20 mins or so. I don't think the game is in a healthy state but I don't think going back to how S4-S6 is going to fix anything, people seem to forget there were champions that seemed outright broken due to items, runes (RIP), and/or skill trees back then. Biggest one coming to mind was sated devourer. I do agree the game needs to pull what was good about the past seasons and try to push the game back in that direction. I just think a lot of people have a rosy retrospection over League.
: The game is now even more snowbally and the dmg is even higher.
Damage isn't anywhere near as stupid as it used to be in S4-S6. I remember constantly seeing mid laners in S6 dishing out 100k champ damage and in S4/5 jg's were constantly dishing out 80k+.
: Game would be so much healthier if champs like yasuo would be deleted.
Considering Yasuo is almost a non-factor in high elo. This thread is pointless, it's just another thread crying about champs that A) either players suck against laning against them or B) they aren't as good with said champs and cry about it. Yasuo's windwall and passive is annoying but it's not something that is game breaking his entire kit isn't game breaking. If that were the case then he'd be a constant pick in high elo but he isn't, he gets thrashed in high elo with the exception of the OTP that use him and even then a lot of them fell out of Master/Challenger and into Diamond. As for the rest of the champs mentioned, none of them are close to even being broken. TL;DR git gud
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b00010000000000000000000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:59:15.811+0000) > > There's still a significant wage gap in that specific field for women that's unexplained, period. Your point over RN not taking into account the specific fields within is why I provided that source; When looking at said fields there's still a wage gap. The disparity may not be as bad as a lot of people would want you to believe, but it still exists. The disparity gets worse the higher skilled the field as well. Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart. "Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart." You have still provide 0 evidence of this. Your source about nursing doesn't include anything in regards to experience, hours worked ect. The only evidence put forth was that the gap was smaller and the department of labor doesn't know why that game is. This doesn't prove your claim that the wage gap is because of gender. The original claim was this "Regardless of the other parts of this post, the wage gap is around 5-7% after counting for all factors" You have provide 0 sources that account for all possible factors other then gender.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b0001000000000000000000000000000100010000000000000003,timestamp=2018-11-16T22:29:08.301+0000) > > No it didn't and assuming such is bullshit as there are plenty of other factors that aren't and or/can't be accounted for. Moreover If companies could higher women for 5% less then men why wouldn't a for profit company higher just women? The answer is because you can't just hire women at 5% less just because they're women.... That isn't an assumption I even gave you the direct quote from the DoL about that, read ffs. There you go again as well with the "plenty of other factors that aren't or can't be accounted for," yet you have no sources to back up that bold claim. I'm starting to believe you're either trolling or you simply refuse to not read what's put before you.
: Riot Games sued over 'bro culture'
https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/1026911909092589568 https://twitter.com/FFMirhi/status/1026916236083359745 https://twitter.com/Gogo_Usagi/status/1026908342159962112 https://twitter.com/devongiehl/status/1026912574221111298 NDA's expiring can be a bitch. For some reason links won't post properly but above are all tweets from people who came out and said there was an issue when they were there or those that work in the industry that knew something was going on.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b00010000000000000000000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:59:15.811+0000) > > There's still a significant wage gap in that specific field for women that's unexplained, period. Your point over RN not taking into account the specific fields within is why I provided that source; When looking at said fields there's still a wage gap. The disparity may not be as bad as a lot of people would want you to believe, but it still exists. The disparity gets worse the higher skilled the field as well. Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart. "Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart." You have still provide 0 evidence of this. Your source about nursing doesn't include anything in regards to experience, hours worked ect. The only evidence put forth was that the gap was smaller and the department of labor doesn't know why that game is. This doesn't prove your claim that the wage gap is because of gender. The original claim was this "Regardless of the other parts of this post, the wage gap is around 5-7% after counting for all factors" You have provide 0 sources that account for all possible factors other then gender.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b0001000000000000000000000000000100010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-16T06:57:55.943+0000) > > You didn't debunk shit. The original claim was men make more then women for the same job and when all factors are accounted for. The source provided to back up this claim was the DoJ that didn't include all factors. > > The source you cited directly contradicts what you're saying it does. > > "an 'unexplained' gap," Doesn't mean > "the wage gap is around 5-7% after counting for **all factors**" > > It means there is an unexplained gap. You can't quote someone saying there is an unexplained gap and claim that person/group is saying the gap is explained by sexism. Except that the DoL states that economists correlate it to discrimination. Ignorance is bliss. It's okay to be shown new evidence and be educated. For not debunking shit (going back to Farrell), you stated: "He was a feminist when he wrote the book. I'm aware who he is" Obviously you aren't aware of when he stopped being a feminist and you are only aware of him on a very basic level. All the information was provided for you and a 38% wage disparity that is mostly attributed to discrimination is still significant. You keep piling up vague excuses for it with nothing legitimate to back up any of your claims. You can keep spouting off when all factors are accounted for but you have no source to back up that claim, that those factors aren't accounted for. Don't spout off bullshit about the DoL and then run to that excuse when I pull a source straight from them proving you wrong. Don't spout off bullshit when you get proven wrong that you don't have your facts straight about Warren Farrell.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b00010000000000000000000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:59:15.811+0000) > > There's still a significant wage gap in that specific field for women that's unexplained, period. Your point over RN not taking into account the specific fields within is why I provided that source; When looking at said fields there's still a wage gap. The disparity may not be as bad as a lot of people would want you to believe, but it still exists. The disparity gets worse the higher skilled the field as well. Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart. "Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart." You have still provide 0 evidence of this. Your source about nursing doesn't include anything in regards to experience, hours worked ect. The only evidence put forth was that the gap was smaller and the department of labor doesn't know why that game is. This doesn't prove your claim that the wage gap is because of gender. The original claim was this "Regardless of the other parts of this post, the wage gap is around 5-7% after counting for all factors" You have provide 0 sources that account for all possible factors other then gender.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b000100000000000000000000000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T05:27:19.563+0000) > > "Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart." > > You have still provide 0 evidence of this. > > Your source about nursing doesn't include anything in regards to experience, hours worked ect. > > The only evidence put forth was that the gap was smaller and the department of labor doesn't know why that game is. This doesn't prove your claim that the wage gap is because of gender. Except I did debunk you with the statistics released from the DoL itself also debunked your false claim that Warren Farrell was a feminist when he wrote "Why Men Make More." I don't know what else I need to provide sources for, you can either choose to remain ignorant or educate yourself. Check my second reply to you that has the LA Times link (debunking claim on Farrell) and the pdf from the DoL (debunking your claim that gender discrimination doesn't occur).
: > [{quoted}](name=Malza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b000100000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-15T00:59:04.247+0000) > > Warren Farrell is a biased MRA He was a feminist when he wrote the book. I'm aware who he is i don't give a shit about what he thinks about other subjects and using those as a reason to ignore the stats provided in his books is an ad hom, a book which you have never even glanced at but just read what you heard about him on some feminist online slander blog. It's comically that you wanna ignore people for being biased because they're now an "MRA" but you don't wanna ignore obviously biased feminists LUL. There is 1000s of videos and books you can read on this subject many even reference your numbers. The Depart of labor even said themselves don't attribute the differences to "sexism" you're talking about numbers from almost 10 years ago the list goes on and on and you obviously just don't give a shit about the truth. You simple can't go i don't know why something exist therefor sexism.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b0001000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:18:36.448+0000) > > He was a feminist when he wrote the book. I'm aware who he is i don't give a shit about what he thinks about other subjects and using those as a reason to ignore the stats provided in his books is an ad hom, a book which you have never even glanced at but just read what you heard about him on some feminist online slander blog. It's comically that you wanna ignore people for being biased because they're now an "MRA" but you don't wanna ignore obviously biased feminists LUL. > > There is 1000s of videos and books you can read on this subject many even reference your numbers. The Depart of labor even said themselves don't attribute the differences to "sexism" you're talking about numbers from almost 10 years ago the list goes on and on and you obviously just don't give a shit about the truth. > > You simple can't go i don't know why something exist therefor sexism. Again false. http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-09/news/vw-22148_1_feminist-warren-farrell The book "Why Men Earn More" was originally released in 2005. I'm not sure how much you actually know about what you're talking about, because you got dates all screwed up. He was only a feminist for 2nd wave which was only about two decades starting from the 60's. https://www.dol.gov/wb/resources/Womens_Earnings_and_the_Wage_Gap_17.pdf Department of Labor attributes a large portion of the wage gap to individual decisions, but there still remains an 'unexplained' gap, once again, for women in highly skilled jobs. From the article: an ‘unexplained’ share of the wage gap (38.0 percent) remained and ...part of this unexplained gap between women’s and men’s earnings... proxy for discrimination
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b000100000000000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-16T04:18:30.640+0000) > > https://datausa.io/profile/soc/291151/ > > k > > You've been debunked now. How exact does this "debunk" anything i said?
> this doesn't account for that fact there are many types of RN and it doesn't account for the fact men are more like to be Nurse Anesthetist's which is a much higher paying field within nursing then being an OBGYN which are almost all women. There's still a significant wage gap in that specific field for women that's unexplained, period. Your point over RN not taking into account the specific fields within which is why I provided that source; When looking at said fields there's still a wage gap. The disparity may not be as bad as a lot of people would want you to believe, but it still exists. The disparity gets worse the higher skilled the field as well. Even when the female counterpart is just as capable in all aspects to perform the job as proficiently as a male counterpart.
: > [{quoted}](name=Malza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T09:45:45.056+0000) > > Cause googling is too hard. > > An analysis for the US department of labor from 2009 concludes that the unexplained wage gap is between 4.8 and 7%. > > https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/public-policy/hr-public-policy-issues/Documents/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf (pdf) > > "There are observable differences in the attributes of men and women that account for most of the wage gap. Statistical analysis that includes those variables has produced results that collectively account for between 65.1 and 76.4 percent of a raw gender wage gap of 20.4 percent, and > thereby leave an adjusted gender wage gap that is between 4.8 and 7.1 percent." > > That 4.8 - 7.1 percent is the unexplainable wage gap that you can't push away without speculation. You can say part of that's do to sexism, or you can say the whole "Well men are just better negotiators" meme, but there is no way to actually back that all up with data. This is false. It's still an earnings game not a "wage gap". This "5-7%" number has already been debunked literally 10+ years ago, Warren Farrell covered it in his book "Why men earn more". The 5-7% is when you use vague job title only. Like "registered nurse" but this doesn't account for that fact there are many types of RN and it doesn't account for the fact men are more like to be Nurse Anesthetist's which is a much higher paying field within nursing then being an OBGYN which are almost all women.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000b00010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-14T14:40:19.320+0000) > > This is false. It's still an earnings game not a "wage gap". This "5-7%" number has already been debunked literally 10+ years ago, Warren Farrell covered it in his book "Why men earn more". The 5-7% is when you use vague job title only. Like "registered nurse" but this doesn't account for that fact there are many types of RN and it doesn't account for the fact men are more like to be Nurse Anesthetist's which is a much higher paying field within nursing then being an OBGYN which are almost all women. https://datausa.io/profile/soc/291151/ k You've been debunked now.
: Read the legal complaint here. [https://www.scribd.com/document/392530487/Complaint](https://www.scribd.com/document/392530487/Complaint) Here is my take for those who don't wanna read the whole thing 2 Female Plaintiffs 1st was a former employee of Riot, She didn't get a promotion that she wanted and felt she deserved. Riot instead hired a Male. There is no real potential meaningful evidence at all that she was denied the promotion based on gender. After which her SJW feminism poison mind freaked out and quit 2nd current Riot employee. Was promoted several times within the company, you know because that's what sexist women haters do is promote you several times because they're sexist and trying to hold you down by promoting you. She then helped to spread false rumors about her boss in an incident involving a strip club, there has already been a 3rd party investigation on that matter that concluded no evidence to collaborate wrong doing. Conclusion: It's a whole bunch of nothing and green haired man hating feminist non-sense. Likely to be settled out of court
https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483 They were the two to step forward with the lawsuit, but it isn't that the accusations are baseless which is why they've been given so much attention. Kotaku originally cracked it open and multiple people came forward. Also did you read the full case file? Sexual harassment is a thing...
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LzdfNdOQ,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T00:00:37.005+0000) A school is wall to wall peers. It's not a mater of telling people they are feeding, it's being an ass about it. Telling someone that they are feeding and calling them a b***h snowflake bronze and then telling them to uninstall is not okay. Telling someone that they are feeding and then politely telling them to focus more on poking or to focus on buying armor over damage. You know, say something to help them improve.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LzdfNdOQ,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T00:25:18.263+0000) > > A school is wall to wall peers. It's not a mater of telling people they are feeding, it's being an ass about it. > > Telling someone that they are feeding and calling them a b***h snowflake bronze and then telling them to uninstall is not okay. > > Telling someone that they are feeding and then politely telling them to focus more on poking or to focus on buying armor over damage. You know, say something to help them improve. Actually according to Skeletor any type of negativity is punishable and that includes telling someone they are feeding. That's straight from Player Support, so yes, snowflakes. There's also nothing you can say in-game that is constructive that won't cause that person to tilt further no matter how well intended it might be, it's simply not plausible. School analogy doesn't hold up as peer-to-peer criticisms are given by your peers whether or not you like them. You act like criticism that wasn't ass wasn't handed out to people in school, guess those shootings just happen out of the blue, huh. Not saying negativity in a video game should happen, but it should be tolerated to an extent and currently the system in place was a band-aid for a bullet wound. Tribunal was effective in filtering what was tolerable and what was outright out of line. Instead of introducing an automated system with Tribunal as a safety cushion to filter what was not extreme, Riot decided to go about it lazy and just have an automated system. The system also works in such an odd manner (look at current random high elo bans for no reason) that Riot refuses to answer how it's algorithm determines certain behaviors.
SSmotzer (NA)
: No. Everyone is allowed a few infractions. Just like a school, if you start cursing people out you will be warned, then suspended, and if you keep doing it you can even get kicked out of school. The average teenager doesn't get suspended and doesn't get kicked out of school. Don't blame the school for holding you back a grade because this was the third time you whipped a chair across the lunch room.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LzdfNdOQ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-13T15:46:14.374+0000) > > No. Everyone is allowed a few infractions. Just like a school, if you start cursing people out you will be warned, then suspended, and if you keep doing it you can even get kicked out of school. The average teenager doesn't get suspended and doesn't get kicked out of school. > > Don't blame the school for holding you back a grade because this was the third time you whipped a chair across the lunch room. Terrible analogy considering among peers you can say whatever the hell you want with little to no consequence. Little snowflakes that don't like getting told they're feeding even though they need to be aware of it is even considered bannable behavior, regardless of how you say it and that's according to Skeletor.
: Does anyone else feel like Riot doesn't know how to handle Tanks anymore?
It's been like this for awhile now, years. Too focused on pushing esports to actually give a damn about properly balancing classes out, the meta purely exists because balance is never perfect or even close.
Ayzev (EUW)
: That comment was sarcasm. That's what the "/s" is for.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T07:49:20.576+0000) > > That comment was sarcasm. That's what the "/s" is for. Ik but it provided an opportunity to put my two more cents into the issue {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: why does riot change riven from being brown to white?
The real question is, where is Pool Party Taliyah?
: My love in League, now ruined, my departure.
Good luck with OW. I'm sadly sticking with this game as it's like a bad drug addiction, ultimately does nothing beneficial for you but it feels good when you're on it. New honor system is shitty, the Tribunal being swept under the rug, automated system being lazy response, and the myriad of meta changes to boost esports ratings when Riot promised way back in S3-S4 that it wanted to get to a point where no champion had a true hard counter. Yet here we are and not much has changed in that department. People are going to shit on you in the boards for making this post but at least you got what you needed to say out, hopefully Riot finds a system that isn't as lazy like the current automated one, perhaps in the future. One can only hope.
: just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} /s
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-13T05:20:28.342+0000) > > just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > /s I don't think it's an issue of men, just bad management. EEO has been around for awhile for most large companies it's common sense to employ the practices set aside by said organization. Some of the questions some of the women were asked in interviews was wild, it served no purpose to even ask some of them and it wasn't just one or two that had the same experience it was a set pattern. Think Kotaku had the article on that.
: I'd be so down for a League MMO.
I feel like the IFS would carry over and Club Penguin-esque memes would be born anew.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=ighxuLj2,comment-id=001c0000,timestamp=2018-07-20T02:48:43.618+0000) > > You forgot Taliyah! She's probably the most fitting champ that fits the bill for a pool party skin, she surfs on a rock... ummm... nami? a mermaid....
True but then again Nami already has plenty of skins
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: I think it was more so the invasion of privacy and selling of info to companies that hurt Facebook more then anything, but fair enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=V6t4bFol,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-13T15:32:08.519+0000) > > I think it was more so the invasion of privacy and selling of info to companies that hurt Facebook more then anything, but fair enough. logged in just to upvote this lol
: A note to Devs that may not be paying attention: The rage posts seem more serious this time.
The issue with the "state of the game" is if it makes the LCS have more flashy plays/keep views up for streams, they're going to continue with the changes they've been implementing. They may make adjustments to balance but will continue changing the game in a different direction than what League originally was at its core. The game has turned more into a snowball and win game vs the tactical game that it originally encompassed. Mistakes that snowball champions make are less punished as a lot of their kits allow for a safety net vs when the game first came out. Mods/devs usually stay out of these types of threads for a reason, it's a subject that they don't want to mistake and give a hint that some of the changes if not the majority are to keep the cash flow up instead of actually listening to the community that was used to a different League concept that it's a farcry of now.
: I think I can help with these balance issues
I agree with these changes in general, but I don't think Riot is willing to move back to that. The towers got nerfed damage wise due to it preventing "flashy" plays in LCS. Which I think at the least the towers in base should go back to the previous visual as that mentally screwed with people as it told them gtfo you're taking tons of damage with the beam getting bigger, with the shots it doesn't "feel" as punishing even though the base turrets still do the same damage supposedly. With tanks that was changed for LCS as well, tanks that soaked up damage made the games go on longer which the LCS is about quick matches (typically) with flashy plays so the views stay up and the money keeps rolling in. They used other excuses to the changes for tanks and towers but at the end of the day the mighty dollar rules and if it hinders views/cash flow in LCS they're going to go with what will maximize profit, at the end of the day Riot is owned by Tencent people seem to forget about that.
: IT IS NOT READY!
Have they even acknowledged this issue? I don't see it listed in the known issues and this is by far the most annoying bug I've personally come across as it requires a restart of the client every couple of matches.
DudeEDM (NA)
: Beta Client Sound Lag
No Rioter has commented on this? I'm still receiving the issue and have to restart the client to get it to work again. It's insanely annoying to have to restart every couple of matches due to this bug. Submitted a report for it and I'm not seeing this listed in the known issues so it appears they haven't even acknowledged this bug exists.
: maybe it will probably be contested around min 18-19:45 just before nashor spawns because then you can use it either with nashor or to force people to give up nashor to stop herald barreling down botlane for the rest he will probably be left alone as you don really need him to crush towers and towers don't give a permanent advantage like dragon
> towers don't give a permanent advantage like dragon Um, they give the biggest advantage you can get in the game which is lane pressure. Taking out towers and pushing towards the crystal is the entire point of a game, the end goal is destroying the crystal in order to do that you have to take out towers. Dragons are a great objective to grab but you can still outplay teams even if they have a dragon or two above you, their buffs aren't that strong. Towers and inhibitors will be the number one objective in any game, that's what enables you to win a game.
: Champion and skin sale: 01.20 - 01.23
Will {{champion:163}} ever get a Surfer skin or Pool Party variant? I need this in my life :(
: Isn´t enough incentive take a tower which doesn´t respawn? The game is around take towers you don´t need incentive.
> These changes push teams to carefully consider whether it’s worth sacrificing gold and tempo if they want to opt for the path of least resistance, rather than defaulting to laneswapping in every situation Or we can go back to lane swapping becoming the default strat again, which was annoying as hell and were practically no repercussions for teams that chose to swap. Ever since the change in high and low elo it's become less of a go-to strategy. Unless you're saying lane swapping should be meta enough to warrant reverting the change, curious as to why you'd think that would be healthy for the game.
Show more

MrStealYoGanks

Level 113 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion