: Frankly speaking, solo / duo can't recreate the experience that New001 was talking about. That would have to be an entirely new feature, probably built only for premade 5s.
That I can understand 100%. That and the fact that one ranked experience can coexist with another. So the solo player sense of accomplishment can exist with cooperating and winning as a team. But in the post its stated that Riot would be ok with only making Flex Q ranked 5s if needed. Isn't that an admission that FlexQ will not be able to meet these needs as well?
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: >Solo Q will never achieve this. Neither will Dynamic Queue 2.0.
Yeah I don't see how Solo/Duo queue or Flex Queue can ever make league feel that cool, even though they claim to be striving towards it. Without Voice Comms as a bare minimum, its impossible. I'm just kind of upset and maybe I'm not voicing my opinions properly, just feels kinda shitty.
Wendígo (NA)
: Flex Q is launching in a very similar state to current DQ. It's up to the DQ community to keep it around. If not enough people play it, Riot will cater to the majority opinion. I think that's fair
But the queue can't survive without solo and duo players. Why should they bother to stick around in FlexQ if they can't communicate with their teammates? It actively works against them.
Wendígo (NA)
: Solo Q will never achieve this. It was only brought back because people bitched. Voice com will not be a thing while the client is being rebuilt.
Oh I know that comms and anything cant really be introduced until the new client comes out. This just feels like Riot is now turning its back on those who like DQ. They didn't provide adequate tools for DQ to be successful, and now they said that they are willing to abandon it all together and make it 5s only. Honestly, the dev blog I linked just makes it seems like they will never bridge the gap. It feels like a pipe dream that can't come true. This announcement feels that while yes Riot is willing to look out for 1 group of players they will easily abandon another to do so.
: Riot Pls: Ranked Pls - 2017 Season Ranked Changes
Here is something I don't understand. In the recent dev blog (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/editorial/dev-new001-competition-beyond-ranked) by New001, they state that Riot wants a more competitive atmosphere akin to that of the Riot Rumble. However now you're splitting the player population by setting out two sets of queues with two separate ladders. How can Solo/Duo queue ever achieve this level of competitiveness? And without voice comms, how can flex queue ever attempt to do so if you have 3-2 mans in game or 4-1s? Another point for concern, if up and coming Challenger teams want to practice, but all of the challenger players are playing solo/duo queue, how could they hope to compete?
: Its unlikely that her ult will change in any significant fashion on a gameplay basis
What about applying grievous wounds? I know thats been removed from a lot of champions kits in the past due to its power budget and how much power it has vs how clear it is.
Reav3 (NA)
: She is one of the big 4
: Assassin Roster Update - LeBlanc Direction
Is Leblanc one of the big 4 reworks? Like Rengar/Talon tier? Or more akin to Annie/Swain from last roster update?
PWYFF (NA)
: Preseason Open Forum [day 3]
Has there been a statistically significant drop in average game time since the preseason patch? Do you all think it has to do with more global/ambient gold or is it because people are still fleshing out the changes and don't know how to counter certain strategies/item combinations?
dEAdbUs (EUW)
: Easier to balance, additional AP, even few can give some champions some hidden powers. Plus Riot said that crits + AP in one item is just weird, because they have 0 synergy.
True, true. OR they just add spells that can crit 8)
dEAdbUs (EUW)
: It's for Ez I guess, now just with Trinity and ER he can have 40% CDR.
True, but it just seems weird to have these minimal AP ratios on champs who used to be able to build Trifoce and now they don't get anything from those ratios. Again CDR is awesome and adds a lot to damage output (probably moreso than the AP ratios), but lack of AP is just odd.
PWYFF (NA)
: The Preseasoning Day 3: Worlds is Tomorrow
From what I've seen across the board, with component parts going down, ambient gold going up and new forms of global gold introduced, is one of the underlying goals of the preseason to make laning less oppressive for AD champions? Much like the AP Item update, the cost of BF sword is now in-line with Needlessly Large Rod meaning you need about 2 waves less worth of gold. In addition, what seems to me that everything builds out of Daggers and Long Swords makes laning just a bit easier for those who are behind so they are always working towards a bigger purchase, in easier bite sized pieces. Another question I had was about the removal of Brutalizer and removal of AP from Sheen. Brutalizers stat line was pretty nuts all things considered, and I can totally understand why it was split among 2 new items. Was it because Brutalizer's was never truly balance-able at its previous stat distribution, and why the decision to allocated its power budget among Serrated Dirk and Caulfield's Warhammer? With the removal of AP from Sheen and what does that do for champions like Jax, Irelia and Corki, who had some AP ratios, but now, without the minimal AP on Trinity force, can't use those ratios? Obviously CDR is a big steroid for Triforce builders, but why swap AP away for it?
: Sure. Infinity Edge is slightly weaker now (little less AD), we shifted power elsewhere so it's less automatic and so that we could add cooler things to the Marksman space. Essence Reaver scales its CDR off of your critical strike chance so that it works as a big core item (think IE space). It can now give upwards of +30% CDR. Phantom Dancer does stuff other than just be straight up damage. Bonus movement speed while near your opponents and you take less damage from the last champion you hit. Isolate and kill people, basically. Rapid Firecannon charges up like Shiv, but when charged instead of prepping you for the thunder, increases your attack range and gives you a fiery hit at the end. Shiv does even more damage versus minions. It's specialized further into being the bursty clearing tool. Hurricane now crits and the bolts crit. Also movement speed. It's in the PD / Shiv space now, so it should be an option for more Marksman. Executioner's Calling is back, but it's a bit different and cheaper. Also it's a component item. It builds into something new. Last Whisper is now a component item. It builds into new things. There's something called Giant Slayer. It hurts health dudes. Merc scimitar has Lifesteal, you should feel comfortable taking it over BT. Death's Dance exist. It has something like Lifesteal but better. Also it "delays" damage. And tons of changes all over the place. This is just some of the marks targeted ones.
Isn't {{champion:126}} worse off now due to the Essence Reaver changes? He doesnt normally build crit. Obviously he could but it was never part of his core build previously. EDIT: Nevermind just read RiotReinbooms Post. ER+Zeal=30%CDR. WE JAYCE NOW
: Balance Team Q+A #2 - Ask Us Anything (Again!) [COMPLETE]
Asked this last time, hopefully I get noticed by a Balance Team-Senpai. What has the balance team learned over the years from the impact of "6 ability" champions (Lee Sin, Rek'Sai, Jayce, Elise, Nidalee and Gnar)? How does this impact future champion balance and design? If I remember correctly, Gnar was never "supposed" to see consistent competitive play, and the others were all very much kings (or queens) of the meta at one point in time.
: Balance Team Q+A: Ask Us Anything! [COMPLETE]
What has the balance team learned over the years from the impact of "6 ability" champions (Lee Sin, Rek'Sai, Jayce, Elise, Nidalee and Gnar)? How does this impact future champion balance and design? If I remember correctly, Gnar was never "supposed" to see consistent competitive play, and the others were all very much kings (or queens) of the meta at one point in time.
: NA Server Roadmap Update: South Bridge pt. 2 & ISP Peering
Can you talk more in depth about the contractual talks? Why do certain ISPs use paid peering polices rather than public or private ones? And I assume you cannot talk about what snag happened with Verizon in depth :X
: Champion Mastery hits PBE
Will this retroactively count games played? Or only games from the rollout forward?
: NA Server Roadmap Update: Addressing the Q's in Quality Connections
> Odds are you didn’t feel much difference with the upgraded hardware - but in the background the new server architecture has already been working hard to mitigate large-scale malicious attacks like ones that plagued NA last year and providing much better uptime when unexpected hardware-related issues occur. I remember a rioter posting map.ipviking.com on twitter to check for DDOS attacks and I remember the huge attacks from the fall of 2014. Was Riot being targeted specifically? And what about the new hardware prevents these same level of attacks from bringing the servers down again?
Ypherion (NA)
: Let's talk about the jungle
Question, is the issue with jungle mostly systemic (as in the jungle hasn't been tuned properly using the levers implemented with season 5) or is it more an issue with the class of fighters as a whole? Barring from what I remember from S2 when the gods of the jungle were Nautilus, Maokai, and Skarner, Fighters have almost always been the most prominent in the jungle role, at least in competitive. Do the stats that fighters get make them naturally over tuned for jungleing? Or does the fact that they have an easier time early game enable them to steamroll teams to victory faster than alternative junglers, thus making them the best in that role?
: @BalanceTeam, is my insight to the Kassadin Ulti-Range Change Correct?
I also posted about this over on [reddit!](http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueofLegendsMeta/comments/2wy9gp/is_my_insight_on_the_kassadin_ultirange_change/)
ybuR (NA)
: So rito is going through with those kassawin change no compensation
Yeah its certainly meant to be a nerf, you can check the post I just made about this for what I believe are some of the insights into the nerf. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/xLoIJ6Au-balanceteam-is-my-insight-to-the-kassadin-ulti-range-change-correct
Rioter Comments

Mushroom3691

Level 98 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion