: Persistent inability to load into game after random disconnect.
: Up Next: A Profile Preview
But 5v5 and solo duo don't even exist anymore
: Well intetionally feeding and insane toxicity should always result in a ban. Why would riot want to accept trolls and intentional feeder. The fact that it's only happing once in a while doesn't make it any better for those players in your game. If you got a 2 week ban if probably wasn't your first one eather and if it was literally only 1 game, you actions probably resulted in 5+ reports. There is a huge difference between having a bad day once in a while and calling your sup noob even though he might just try a new champ or destroying the game for 9 other players + being toxic to multiple players. I am pretty sure they do distinguish between flaming that happened in game when a lot of action was involved like a "Omg jungler wtf this smite noob" and being toxic while feeding your ass because of stupid reasons like "I had a 1/6 noob teemo who flamed me as jungler in my last promo game, so now I will feed and flame all of you all game long"
I've never even been chat restricted before and I was in a premade joking around saying things like "gg top laner no sightstone" Or "feeder mid gg when our mid was like 17-2" I wouldn't call that insanely toxic a rioter can post my chat logs if they want
Erdrik (NA)
: It takes more than 1 game to get punished. I mean unless its something extreme like hate speech, ect
That's not true. I got a 2 week ban for a single game because I allegedly intentionally fed. My ban said "these are the game in question" only had one game on it and when I tried to get the ban repealed they said my chat logged in the game was toxic so they wouldn't change my ban
nep2une (NA)
: Uh, of course you'd have to play? Just doing nothing wouldn't mean one's behavior would improve. Good games would be evidence of their improvement.
Don't act like its some outrageous suggestion. Chat ban tiers decay over time wether you play or not
: How player behavior penalties affect Hextech Crafting
Can you at least tell us if we have to play on the account to get it back in good standings? Or should I just play a different game and periodically check if I'm still in time out?
Kei143 (NA)
: trolling / intent feeding's minimal punishment is 14-day ban. next is perma.
I don't see how this has anything to do with either of the things I asked lol
: >Just out of curiosity, how does riot decide wether somebody is intentionally feeding or not? Can rioters actually review the games or is it all left to a computer? Rioters can (and sometimes do) review, but mostly it's the automatic system. The system uses simple data to determine if someone is feeding- they don't give us specifics. >On a side note, I've never been punished before and immediately got a 2 week ban, how long is it until I'm considered "reformed" and able to open my hextech stuff again? Next season? Never? It depends on you, could be weeks, could be a few months. I doubt it'd take the whole season. Just don't get reported, keep negativity out of chat. Your account is at risk of a permaban.
: I appealed to my 2 weeks banned account and it got unbanned...... 11 days later.
I got 2 week banned for intention feeding (I swear I wasn't) but when I submitted a ticket the rioter said they wouldn't repeal my ban because my chat log was toxic... I really don't think some of the riot support people even read what you send them.
Rioter Comments
Zac x Me (NA)
: As support all you have to do is buy a Sightstone and spam wards at the fountain, around 100 wards or so you will get an S. As anything but support you will have to get a high cs score, because everything else doesn't count.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pzkxRg6Z,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-24T12:27:28.284+0000) > > As support all you have to do is buy a Sightstone and spam wards at the fountain, around 100 wards or so you will get an S. > As anything but support you will have to get a high cs score, because everything else doesn't count. I've gotten S as support without a single ward by playing shit like pantheon or ekko
: You also get a chest for the champion you're playing if anyone in your premade achieves an S rank, and then you can't earn further chests for the champion you were playing at the time until the next season. Did you happen to unlock a chest as Lee Sin when another player in your premade achieved S rank on their champion previously to achieving S rank with Lee Sin? Each champion you play can earn you one chest per season, so if that was the case, you'd need to achieve S rank on a different champ to get a chest unlocked until the next season starts. Apologies if any of that was confusing -- let me know if this isn't the case for you.
I played solo on pantheon and got an S, no chest. It was my first game after i opened the free chest
: I thought I was supposed to get a chest when I got a S ranking
same thing happened to me, shit is bugged as usual
: Sorry about that everyone! The changes we made to the Store to prep for the Hextech launch accidentally got pushed out a bit early. The feature's out now, so all of those chests should be redeemable for some sweet loot!
I got an S but didnt get a chest? how do u get chests besides buying
Rioter Comments
: Cassiopeia Twin Fang expectations
I would like to see twin fangs gone honestly. Her kit is just meh and machine gun Mage is Ryze niche. Maybe give her autos an ap scaling bonus on poisoned targets and give her a whole new e
Llanite (NA)
: Morde is still the same, a shield that scales with dmg, 1 aoe, 1 AA enhancement, ghoul ult? Sion is the same - face smasher with CC and a shield, passively gain health with cs. Poppy changed because Riot stated that her old form wasn't working and they have to purposely kept her weak for years.
Morde is now a duo lane carry, they even labeled him a marksman sion went from a burst mage to a hypertank i like how you ignore graves and about your response to poppy okay? thats what reworks are for
Llanite (NA)
: People play her because she's simple but reliable. Her spells are not avoidable which is very strong against flashy mid like Yasou and Zed, that's the niche. Her style is unique, her spells are guaranteed to hit and dmg is high, but range low and possible to get poked. The closest variation is Pantheon but he's melee and have a map-wide jump. A dramatic change like this is 180 turn, which should be made into a new champion. Champion is only reworked/upgraded if the new idea inherits the same playstyle and role, while having better performance. In Anne case, I would say no.
> [{quoted}](name=Llanite,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gXKFcEER,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2016-01-24T02:52:07.288+0000) > > > A dramatic change like this is 180 turn, which should be made into a new champion. Champion is only reworked/upgraded if the new idea inherits the same playstyle and role, while having better performance. In Anne case, I would say no. Poppy, graves, mord, sion....
: "this would be a great game for any long range mage with a lot of AoE" I don't think you guys get it. Vel'koz is THE long range mage with a lot of AOE. That's his whole niche, and if it's a niche Miss Fortune can fill for Marksmen then I don't see why Vel'koz can't fill it for mages.
: I'm with you on this one. Climbed from Silver 4 to Gold 3, & was super optimistic on getting to plat. But to think I might get placed in Silver or even Bronze from Gold 3... Yeah.. no. It's just flat out disrespect. I'm running out of hours in my life every minute. I'm not going to spend ANOTHER set of a few hundred hours just to get back to Gold III. My time is limited on this earth.
> [{quoted}](name=melontusk,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ymi8EXTd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-01-21T09:55:23.517+0000) > > > I'm running out of hours in my life every minute. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read
: Placement matches (5/5) - From Platinum 4 to Silver 3
Tuss (NA)
: Support mains always show up in droves for threads like this, yet it took over ten minutes sometimes in Teambuilder for one to show up.
That's because supports didn't need team builder. If I want to try out free week zed and go into blind 3 other people would call mid. If I want to try free week thresh I just go into blind and am the only one who wants to sup 90% of the time
: If they have crit from other sources (IE for example, plus their AS item), you'll get 40. (ER Passive cdr scales with crit chance)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nfgsBZWG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-01-17T21:12:25.447+0000) > > Not true. I win games with him regularly Your emotional arguments have zero value. "Datsun cars suck" "That's not true, I drive a Datsun" Logic? >his winrate is actually pretty ok Win rate is meaningless without the other data to compile a data cluster. How many times has Sion been picked in LCS? zero. How does he fare in Diamond+? he gets destroyed because his entire kit is garbage. I want to play Sion but I don't want to cripple myself with an inferior pick... which he is.
Niaphim (EUW)
: {{item:3508}} + {{item:3158}} or {{item:3133}}
: Games are Snowballing too Easily/Quickly; very noticeable in LCS, kinda makes it boring, gimmicky
Igotlazy (NA)
: So I tried the new Stormraider's Surge on Ekko Today...
> closest you're going to get to "gotta go fast" in League you've obviously never played new quinn
Widder88 (EUW)
: Mordekaiser is not a marksman
this has been addressed already please bitch about things that we dont already know will be fixed next patch
Lyte (NA)
: Multiple scientists worked on the surveys, and actually the same question was asked 5 different ways if I remember. Slight changes in wording, different frames of reference, they asked it all, and the results all trended the same direction. The survey tool they used also assesses a random sample of the entire playerbase, not just players currently in the system.
i like how people see this and are all of a sudden proffesional statisticians and know more than you and your team
: They might have to nerf the AP and possibly the passives as well since they do have good passives. Still would be cool to see them. Never really got to many chances to try them out honestly. EDIT: Gonna add in the passives for each one, their respective stats, and gold efficiency for each which doesn't include the passive. I hope this helps. Netherstride Grimoire http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/40/Netherstride_Grimoire_item.png/revision/latest?cb=20150707235734 : * Stats * +100% base mana regeneration * +100 ability power * +20% cooldown reduction * Passive * Unique – Malice: Gain 20% movement speed for 2 seconds whenever you deal ability damage. * Netherstride Grimoire is 117.6% gold efficient without the passive. Rite of Ruin http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/d/d4/Rite_of_Ruin_item.png/revision/latest?cb=20150707235733 : * Stats * +100% base mana regeneration * +100 ability power * +20% cooldown reduction * Passive * Unique – Razing: Gains charges upon moving or killing enemies, up to 300 charges. Attacking structures expends 50 charges to deal 100 (+15% AP) bonus true damage. * Rite of Ruin is 117.6% gold efficient without the passive. Pox Arcana http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/a/a5/Pox_Arcana_item.png/revision/latest?cb=20150707235519 : * Stats * +100% base mana regeneration * +100 ability power * +20% cooldown reduction * Passive * Unique – Pox: Applies a stack of Pox for 10 seconds whenever you deal ability damage, stacking up to 5 times. * Active * Unique – Disease Harvest: Deals 100 magic damage plus 20 (+5% AP) per stack of Pox (maximum of 200 (+25% AP)) to all nearby enemies affected by Pox, and restores 5% of your maximum mana for every Pox stack harvested. 60 second cooldown. * Pox Arcana is 117.6% gold efficient without the active.
: {{item:3094}} and {{item:3087}} Shouldn't be swapped because both passives stack, which is incredibly high damage and mandatory for a lot of champion's burst, like Lucian and Vayne, who both buy both Shiv and RFC.
Varda (NA)
: K i dont actually play ryze or cass but what i meant was when i build a late game mana mage (tear and roa) te best cdr available is more mana regen which is not needed
i agree cdr is way to tied to mana in general
: If you want mid laners not to use support items
they want fqc to be a mid item tho. they just dont want it to be the ONLY good mid item
: It would be the same timer as finding players for a team builder game. I don't see the problem.
Shallers (NA)
: Did you read what I wrote at all? Sure, they probably don't care if everyone who hates this change leaves, even though those are their most dedicated players. Know what they will care about? All those dedicated players packing up their bags, finding a new game and taking all their friends with them. Imagine if everyone complaining about this on the boards/reddit takes at least 1 other person with them when they leave. Riot has said that 25% are strongly opposed to it. That means if 25% quit playing leagues, and take 1 other person with them on average, that's half riots player base. It may not be that bad, but there's a snowball effect. The more people who leave, the less reason there is for those casual players to get on league. They'll get on whatever those hardcore fans are logging into next.
I wasn't being snarky, I was being serious. Riot genuinely doesn't care if players leave because they don't make much money per average player because of their business model. Some players pay literally thousands of dollars and some pay none. The people who pay insane amounts aren't going to leave. And in reality, many people who hate the change will still stick around. Many players are just that dedicated.
Shallers (NA)
: How do I get one of these magical surveys that you supposedly are getting all this data from? How can I communicate to riot that if this change goes live, I'm moving to a different game and riot is going to lose a lot of accounts over this. I never got a survey about dynamic queue, and I don't feel like riot values my business anymore. If the solution on the 19th isn't "oops, looks like taking away soloq was a mistake" then I'm done with leagues. Riot will lose out on any RP I would spend on my account or my smurfs, my GF and any friends that I convince to come play a different game with me. In my group I'm probably the most competitive and the highest ranked player. This change doesn't let me play with my friends more, it forces me to add people I don't know and don't want to put in the effort of maintaining a relationship with for the purpose of playing ranked. I play normals with friends because I have fun playing with them... in normals. This change isn't going to convince me to play ranked with them. If this goes live Lyte, I won't be incentivize to play the game anymore, and I'm going to go find something else to do, and encourage all my friends to come with me. Should I get on my smurfs and post as well so you know how many accounts are gonna go dark on this? Should I have my gf and any friends who agree post so that you understand exactly how many players you're alienating? I don't think you've done your homework.
: New Champion Select is great. It makes ranked actually bearable to play knowing that I will get my role(because I pick mid as my secondary, and thus always get my primary. I mean, it is still worse for me than Team Builder, but not by too much. I feel really bad for the people who want to actually play mid though. Dynamic queues on the other hand? Ehh.... well. I always despised duo queue, so my opinion of dynamic queues was never really going to be positive. Here's how I see it. If you want 95% of all 4/5-man premades to match up against other 4/5-man premades, there is literally no point whatsoever in allowing 4/5-man premades in soloQ because ranked teams exist. It seems like your ideal scenario has ranked teams playing in in old soloQ ladder against other ranked teams, but not on the actual ranked teams ladder because reasons? I actually have no idea what your thought process was here. I'd love to hear it in the off-chance this comment is actually read. I'm silver, match quality will be terrible regardless, so the second point doesn't really affect me. I received that poll, but it seems strange to only ask people who are already in dynamic queue. You're asking people who are already using the system whether or not they would like to use the system. Well, I don't have a PhD, so perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I can't take that statistic as a serious representation of what people think of dynamic queue. I've been getting extremely fast queues all day, no complaints here. Now, as for the philosophical question of the value of one's LP, I am firmly in the solo queue purists camp, and I think that ranking should reflect one's individual skill, not be a fuzzy indicator of one's individual skill plus the ability to carry or be carried by groups of friends of varying sizes but not always only sometimes. Dynamic queues erase all feelings of accomplishment from climbing the ladder because I no longer know what my LP even means or how I stack up against those around me. It also saps at my willingness to put any effort into climbing because it seems ranked will just become a nightmare for solo players if I ever manage to actually reach the top of the ladder(I know, I know, but I have dreams too you know!), and while I would love to form a ranked team if I actually had enough willing friends to play with, "Dynamic Ranked 5's" offers an environment that is by nature far more casual and less competitive than actual ranked 5's, at least in my experience, and doesn't offer the feeling of actually being a team. so now I just don't have any queues that offer me what I want, but I won't delude myself into thinking that I'll stop playing this game if they stay as some have. League is(usually) an addictive substance. Oh, and also pls bring back team builder. It was the only place I could learn to play new champions and use new strategies without risking ruining someone else's game or being in an otherwise high-stress environment. Insert concerns about teams using voice comms steamrolling randoms. Insert confusion(again, because wtf) about how playing with five friends in dynamic queue makes more sense than just using the ranked teams feature. Insert comment about how I am unfriending dynamic queues on Facebook. There, my two cents. TL;DR kill it with fire.
Asking people who haven't used the system what they think of the system would make even less sense
Lyte (NA)
: Let’s talk about dynamic queues and ranked play
Please don't cater to the challaneger wannabe Reddit/boards circle jerk. 99% of your player base isn't going to ever deal with master/challenger queue times. Even fewer are every going to play some professional form of all, so let us play ranked with or friends. Maybe a team of 4 is too much. Tons of other "ranked" videogames let you party up with some friends and go into ranked. Of course people are going to cry "boo hoo I don't want to be bullied by a group!" Ummm there's a mute feature and you've been matched with groups before probably hundreds of times in normals that you didn't even know about. Groups want to win the game just as much as you. And sure a gold team might be able to carry a silver into gold, but A) how does that affect you? Unless you're master/challenger who's in what division makes no difference to you And B) if he tries to play on his own he'll get dumpstered and drop back to silver. Maybe one thing they could implement is an LP penalty for playing TOO far above your mmr? Like if a gold 5 is playing with plat 2's his mmr shouldn't grow as quickly as it would if he was solo because he's clearly getting carried.
BestFish (NA)
: bug? not being able to click anything.
https://gyazo.com/46f69d560dbe0710379314c2e63afe4f just happened to me
Mirross (NA)
: Hextech Crafting and Loot Q&A
Any way we can get a more clear way of what we need to do to get an S? For example I went 24/3/15 as Quinn and got an A- but then went 5/6/23 as tahm and got an S+
: Jhin, as a champion, is a thematic failure. (LONG POST)
Tl;dr " the new champ isn't what I wanted"
: Yeah, but the thread itself is fun. He's not even saying it ironically as though Bard's Lore would make him the strongest person in the LoL Universe. It's cringe-worthy.
: > But anyway, do you guys feel Quinn is too strong? I've loved playing her since her rework but some people seem to thing she's still OP? She seems like she's on the strong side, but hopefully not by an excessive amount. I wouldn't be surprised if the balance team wanted to nerf her in a few patches if she manages to rise to the top again. > Can we expect taric soon, soonTM, or still a ways off? Don't really expect this to get answered. Really depends how long these timer intervals are. I'm going to go with "Soon," since it's all but guaranteed that he's the next full size Champion Update we're going to deliver. > What are some immobile mages you personally think need work (not necessarily ones you'll work on) Malzahar because I think he's a lot cooler thematically than his gameplay lets him be. Swain because I think he's generally just a mess. Zyra because I think there are tons of opportunities to do cool things with her. Cassiopeia because I'd want a chance to get her some of her poison identity back.
The "2 hours" thing was a poorly delivered joke making fun of the people that say riot doesn't talk to players, you're doing an awesome job here. Follow up question, can you please convince some of your coworkers to make similar threads eventually <3
: Here's a post where you can ask questions about the stuff I've worked on, and I'll try to answer.
2 hours no responses GG (edit: this was a joke guys) But anyway, do you guys feel Quinn is too strong? I've loved playing her since her rework but some people seem to thing she's still OP? Can we expect taric soon, soonTM, or still a ways off? Don't really expect this to get answered What are some immobile mages you personally think need work (not necessarily ones you'll work on)
: > [{quoted}](name=Apocyliptic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gNWpFacG,comment-id=00030000000000000001,timestamp=2016-01-06T13:05:26.291+0000) > > These our decent points, but ekko has aoe damage and a slow with his q, an aoe stun and shield, and an aoe ultimate (noticing the pattern yet?), is much harder to get off, and a heal based on how much missing health he has. The only aoe damage Lee Sin has is his ultimate which is very unreliable and much less spammable, and counting his e as "damage" is kind of ridiculous. It's there mostly for an aoe slow, nothing more. > > Also, Ekko has much better wave clear and much better scalings. what? ekko is best played as a tank. and ekko. other than his ult. which has a ridiculous scale. 130% AP. yeah stupid scale. has some of the lowest scales on all his abilities. and you have to build him tankier than lee sin. to be good. am not saying you can't go full ap. but its unreliable. i had great success with a full tank ekko. just one damage item. he has good wave clear. but lee sin isn't bad. ekko dash is JUST to enemies and its range is STUPIDLY short. thats all the mobility he has. maybe just his ult. which is used 90% of the time to escape instead of doing damage because thats what you should really save it for.
Ekko USED to be best played as a tank. Look at pro builds, almost nobody plays him tank anymore
: 10$ RP Christmas Giveaway :D
: > [{quoted}](name=L0RD AZIR,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z7sB9dBT,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2015-12-25T08:42:23.854+0000) > > Any insight on why it was those 3 champions chosen? It was a combination of skins team and esports team deciding on champions that met a whole series of criteria.
> [{quoted}](name=Kindlejack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z7sB9dBT,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2015-12-25T10:52:35.570+0000) > > It was a combination of skins team and esports team deciding on champions that met a whole series of criteria. Any chance we could know the criteria? Is it just what the skin team wants to do for champs that will sell and aren't getting a VU soon? Or something deeper than that?
: Even when you suggest items, things to do in fights, etc, people yell at you for telling them how to play. Most of the players in League are unwilling to take any suggestion from anyone that isn't a pro or a friend. They actually call you toxic for giving suggestions. Welcome to why people hate the League community. Outside of the rare, yet obvious cases.
I hate when people tell me what to build. Yes I'm building full crit garen, no I will not build tank
Naag One (NA)
: it does 25% missing health if you've a burst strong enough to wipe out like 80% of a target's HP in under 2 seconds, why would you need it? u can just finish ur target off doing what you've been doing till now
Don't forget to account for armor. That 25% is going to be a lot closer to 15-10% since its physical
Show more

My gf hates LoL

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion