BigFBear (EUW)
: This guy had SIX(!) completed items after third carousel - Stop this item RNG pls!
not a game of luck haha - every caster during twitch rivals
TrenixPL (NA)
: Why do we have to pick up boxes now?
Same reason you have to loot bosses in MMOs. Adds that extra layer of mystery. Except it's just annoying in this game.
Barkley (NA)
: Why is nobody talking about RFC volibear
Cause it's one of the few comps that can beat assassins consistently
: I'm actually Impressed with riot
Akali 1 shotting people with no items might be a problem Riot: MAKE AATROX OP??? GOT IT!
: Is it just me, or are nearly 80% of #1's Assassin comps now?
Assassins are broken af. The top players are pretty much in agreement with this.
: This is a joke Riot.
The problem are the assassins
RéktSai (NA)
: Yordles. Seriously.
Yordles is one of the worst comps in the game. Hard countered by RFC AND magic damage comps. What's the problem here?
Rioter Comments
Scazie (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NTrumpWeTrust,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=flPvHXvJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T00:42:46.877+0000) > > Assassins need to get nerfed, then we'll move onto demons. Keep up, man. Assassins? They're hard to force, easy to shutdown (glacial) can be straight up outdamaged (4 imperial) can be countered by positioning, and are reliant on a heavily contested pick (akali). They're also item dependent I forced demons in my most recent game annddd it was the only game today that I won. Went on 2 5+ winstreaks. Was first place for like the first 15 rounds I slumped once where I almost got shutdown by a glacial comp but then I changed my positioning, 3 starred elise and boom, enemy team got fucked. I wasn't even particularly lucky with re-rolls. Made numerous mistakes (re-rolling past champions I needed), and I straight up FORCED it, really the game was telling me to go ninja assassins but fuk dat. Early game I was running a 2 star kha along with morg, varus and elise. People were level 5/6 or even had 3 stars and I was shitting on them despite being afk most of the time. I forced demons sorcerer which probably wasn't even the most effective comp but who cares, won game.
> [{quoted}](name=Scazie,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=flPvHXvJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:23:36.094+0000) > > Assassins? They're hard to force, easy to shutdown (glacial) can be straight up outdamaged (4 imperial) can be countered by positioning, and are reliant on a heavily contested pick (akali). They're also item dependent > > I forced demons in my most recent game annddd it was the only game today that I won. > Went on 2 5+ winstreaks. Was first place for like the first 15 rounds > I slumped once where I almost got shutdown by a glacial comp but then I changed my positioning, 3 starred elise and boom, enemy team got fucked. I wasn't even particularly lucky with re-rolls. Made numerous mistakes (re-rolling past champions I needed), and I straight up FORCED it, really the game was telling me to go ninja assassins but fuk dat. > Early game I was running a 2 star kha along with morg, varus and elise. People were level 5/6 or even had 3 stars and I was shitting on them despite being afk most of the time. > I forced demons sorcerer which probably wasn't even the most effective comp but who cares, won game. It's the current best comp in the game ....you're behind, my dude.
: Glad to see Pyke got a non-nerf
Nerf the width of the stun.
l MrD l (NA)
: Who would you rather not play against
Yordles is trash tier. seems to be only inexperienced/newer players who are complaining about yordles, not sure why. RFC counters the entire yordles passive and so does magic damage. Assassins are way more annoying rn. And by annoying i mean broken af.
Rioter Comments
Scazie (EUW)
: Demons are too easy to get online
Assassins need to get nerfed, then we'll move onto demons. Keep up, man.
Kuponya (NA)
: So assassins are actually way broken and overpowered
Not to mention akali is broken af and pyke is still OP
Rioter Comments
Youngcuck (EUW)
: I had an entire team of Yordles last game with 4 lvl 2 and 3 lvl 1, and guess what, I lost to a dude that had Tristana and GP at lvl 3. Synergy is NOT better than lvl 3 unless you have a full 6 stack of a faction with at least all champs being lvl 2.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZMxo37MW,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T10:36:50.782+0000) > > I had an entire team of Yordles last game with 4 lvl 2 and 3 lvl 1, and guess what, I lost to a dude that had Tristana and GP at lvl 3. Synergy is NOT better than lvl 3 unless you have a full 6 stack of a faction with at least all champs being lvl 2. Yordles are bad. The end.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: I have already downloaded an app that gives info about all that. Still doesnt help with the fact that I never get any lvl 3 and every single game by the midgame someone already has 2 lvl 3 champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZMxo37MW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T10:07:11.056+0000) > > I have already downloaded an app that gives info about all that. Still doesnt help with the fact that I never get any lvl 3 and every single game by the midgame someone already has 2 lvl 3 champs. Have to learn when to search and when you're better off not searching. Level 3s aren't as auto win as people think.
: Selling Champions
Youngcuck (EUW)
: Am I the most unlucky person or this game is just way too random?
There are champion pools in this game, so if you have something, the likely hood you find a champion you already have is naturally lower. If there are 20 Reksais in the game, and you have 6 of them, there is now 14 reksais to find. Also, there are breakpoints you want to learn with certain levels having a better chance to drop certain tier of units. Any sheet cheat will have this info on it.
: riot im serious: thanks so much for these tft changes
I'm hyped to get 1 gold instead of an item. Lets go!
Porglit (NA)
: Can someone explain why level 3 Liss is legit worse than any level 2 anything?
1. It's a stun 2. It's AoE - kinda 3. She's a transition unit for anivia she's fine.
Barkley (NA)
: You guys know professional poker is a thing, right?
Professional poker doesn't have a system where a player randomly gets 2 less cards for the rest of the game. Imagine playing Hearthstone, and half your deck disappeared because rng randomly decides how many cards you get. That's what this game is. The champion rng is fine, because it's quite literally a card game in that respect, but having a system where there's a chance you have no access to a system (items) which makes the game playable, is absolutely trash. Not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Put a cap on the max items someone can get and guarantee at least 1 drop every pve round. Let us play the fucking game.
Rioter Comments
YambrinZ (NA)
: Item Drops are FINE
Imagine playing poker, but some games you just have 2 less cards than the other people playing.
: So riot is already fucking up this gamemode
Riot doesn't seem to understand that getting items is not some pog moment you need to keep hidden from players or it loses how pog it is to get an item. Getting items makes the game fun, and, more importantly, playable. *Not* getting them makes the game so incredibly stressful and boring. It's not fun having to lose on purpose and hope the carousel rounds aren't trash because you got no items or a negatron cloak and someone else got an IE and a hydra. Put a max on the number of items that can drop so people aren't getting 4-5 and guarantee at least 1 ITEM every pve round, how is this difficult to grasp? There are some games I'm getting no to very few items so my mindset becomes: "Well, ill just practice for ranked and try and get top 4 because at least then I can climb" Playing not to lose is a very different experience than playing to win. It dampens the enjoyment of the game quite a bit when I know there's no way in hell I'm getting anything higher than 4. I have a feeling the main reason this strat is working for me is because other people don't have that same mindset. Once we're in ranked and there's 4-5 players who are getting fucked by item RNG per game, it just becomes a snooze fest stop-the-bleeding-until-someone-else-dies. Fix it.
: PBE access for others
why would you want to play pbe, lol. Just play it on live
: TFT ya gotta Nerf Yordles
build RFC on your carry or just go AP carry. Yordles is middle of tier 2, at best.
Gliave (OCE)
: Glacial Rangers
It's about to get a whole lot worse after hurricane is buffed tomorrow. hurricane will now apply on hit affects...good luck
: I honestly do not believe that TFT is ready for a Ranked Queue in its current state.
Oh, not even close. That won't stop them, though. They know people will play the shit out of it no matter what they do. The power of a brand name. There's just way too many "quirks" to fix to make this game even feel remotely consistent.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: I've read that rapidfire cannon also misses since it's not a "dodge" but i might be wrong. As for magic damage, you need to hit you basic attacks in order to charge your ult
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=8OxZXKvc,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T10:51:38.584+0000) > > I've read that rapidfire cannon also misses since it's not a "dodge" but i might be wrong. > > As for magic damage, you need to hit you basic attacks in order to charge your ult Nah, it works. It even works against PD if you crit with rapid fire equipped.
: League of : Get RNG Recurve Bows, or lose.
Yup, it's even better on the pbe/the patch tomorrow because they fixed bugs with on hit items, like cursed blade.
Rioter Comments
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NTrumpWeTrust,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=8OxZXKvc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-16T05:04:23.024+0000) > > demon just needs to change. It's the most anti fun thing ever and not even that fun to play *with* what's the point? doing the game no service Have you played against glacials/yordels? That shit's waaay more joy draining.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=8OxZXKvc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T05:24:50.073+0000) > > Have you played against glacials/yordels? That shit's waaay more joy draining. Yordles is pretty bad lol it's hard countered by rapid fire cannon and magic damage. It's a meme comp at best. Glacial is w/e.
Scazie (EUW)
: The better you get at TFT the less it feels like RNG
That's true. Last 2 games I got 1 item from the first minion round. None at krugs. Someone else got an IE and hydra from the minion round. If only I was better i could have got those items to drop :( darn
Rioter Comments
: Just make Elise a 2 Cost Unit again
demon just needs to change. It's the most anti fun thing ever and not even that fun to play *with* what's the point? doing the game no service
: Wait...There's a limit to the amount of cards that each champ has in game? Is there a source for this?
> [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=vGn7pIRN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-08T15:57:27.166+0000) > > Wait...There's a limit to the amount of cards that each champ has in game? Is there a source for this? Yes, there's a limit and % chance of acquiring different tier units at different levels. Most item/comp cheat sheets should have this information on them.
Rioter Comments
TrenixPL (NA)
: > -Demon is getting a massive buff next patch It already got a buff in a recent hotfix. > Sorc is most certainly not useless. Are you not aware of the sorc locket stacking build? Wild Sorc? Wild void sorc? Assassins, even a few, can slaughter an entire team of sorcerers. I've been at both ends of the table trying this. > -Phantom is situational, that's the point. Everything is situational, lol. There reason why Assassin's and Void passives dominate, is because they're **NOT** situational.
> [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=VAG3ptcb,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T12:44:43.504+0000) > > It already got a buff in a recent hotfix. > > Assassins, even a few, can slaughter an entire team of sorcerers. I've been at both ends of the table trying this. > > There reason why Assassin's and Void passives dominate, is because they're **NOT** situational. -It's getting another very large one. -Yes assassins counter heavy backline reliant comps, that's the point. -They don't "dominate" they're just noob killers. People think you're vayne needs to have a glass cannon build and then surround her with garens and leonas and she's supposed to carry. Then, she gets jumped by 5 assassins and dies instantly and people are like ??? assassins are op. To be clear, assassins aren't *only* a noob killer comp, it's a viable comp but it also has a very punishing element to it against newer/inexperienced players.
Rioter Comments
: Your game doesn't work the way you say it does
If it makes you feel any better I was 1 vayne away from rank 3 vayne. I spent over 70 gold and didn't find a SINGLE one. I was the only one using vayne. Lost to a guy with 3 rank 3s. gg
: How do you use demons?
You don't. Theyre bad. Theyre getting a massive buff next patch so just wait till then
Sëtíer (NA)
: Talk About "Elemental Class" Golem
: Blademasters is SEVERELY underpowered
Blademasters are weak because draven is so unbelievably good. Not every unit is equally useful in every comp.
PowerOfDoi (EUNE)
: So hyperrolling is not dead and it's just another layer of RNG dammit
Unfortunately, the general population doesn't know it should be buying almost all good rank 1 units whenever they come across them early game. Guys, it doesn't matter that you have an early nidalee and warwick, if you roll vayne/trist/garen the next round, buy all 3. You quite literally lose nothing from this strat and you have *everything* to gain. -Buy all the tier 1s you can early because you don't know what build you're going and you have a higher chance of high rolling something because you're technically going for 5-6 units instead of 1-2. -*IF YOU DON'T* you're just leaving more tier 1s in the pool for other people to buy and the odds that they get rank 3 skyrocket. It's simple really, If I roll a nidalee and warwick and decide i want to maintain that wild buff at all costs, and now I'm ignoring the vaynes, trists, garens, kassaddins, and khas, there's going to be WAY more of them available for other people that are trying to upgrade them. This issue will only be a problem in lower MMRs. Watch some of the best streamers, in higher tier games, it's quite common to win with *no* rank 3 units. Sometimes They'll have 1-2. It's *usually* more important to upgrade your epic units to 2 stars.
Lapis (OCE)
: Can someone give me a brief rundown of what I should be trying to do while playing TFT?
Ill give you the answer I give all my friends when they ask for general advice on this game: *it depends* Just play a lot, figure out what works, what doesn't, look up guides, watch streams. There's WAY too many things you *should* be doing to list here. Even general advice is situational.
TrenixPL (NA)
: Demon and sorceress are garbage and phantom is situational. Also I find it funny how we're able to get 6 stacks of sorceress, instant loss if you even bother. Some passives and their passive tiers are useless, as are some champions and items. This game is a mix of luck, broken, and stupid mechanics. Honestly, every other autochess game is far more balanced than this one. They can't even have a set amount of items given to players, instead it's random. Genius.
> [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=VAG3ptcb,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T03:58:05.467+0000) > > Demon and sorceress are garbage and phantom is situational. Also I find it funny how we're able to get 6 stacks of sorceress, instant loss if you even bother. Some passives and their passive tiers are useless, as are some champions and items. This game is a mix of luck, broken, and stupid mechanics. Honestly, every other autochess game is far more balanced than this one. They can't even have a set amount of items given to players, instead it's random. Genius. -Demon is getting a massive buff next patch -Sorc is most certainly not useless. Are you not aware of the sorc locket stacking build? Wild Sorc? Wild void sorc? -Phantom *is* situational, that's the point. Everything is situational, lol.
Copic (NA)
: Hey Riot, how do I win when shit like this keeps happening?
It's quite impossible to know what happened that game based off a screenshot, but I can say that based off the comps of you and the winner are quite bad and not optimized, like at all, that there is probably an issue of skill here. If all you think the game is, is who can get rank 3s faster while hoping for the components for the best items in the game, then of course the game is going to be purely luck to those players.
: Winning in TFT has less reliance on RNG then its currently being slated for
I agree with most of this. There's A LOT of things people aren't doing that they should be doing to maximize their chances of winning. The main ones I notice are: -People saving items to build the best finished items on the best units. Every item builds into 2-4 good items, holding onto items for too long pretty much guarantees you lose. If you got lucky with item drops and have a couple tier 2s in the first few pve rounds, go for a win streak. -People overvaluing the lose on purpose strat to build econ. Granted, you sometimes have to deploy this strat if you want to have any chance at winning if you got few to no items in the first couple pve rounds. -Positioning, positioning, positioning. Is the enemy sej ult going off in a way that is stunning a majority of your team? Move units around, try out different angles. All too often I see people not move units around after a loss and believe it's only because ashe got a rng glacial off on gnar or something. The importance of this cannot be overstated especially when facing assassin comps. A lot of this comps power comes from the fact that it's a noob killer and punishes lazy/poor positioning pretty hard. -Use your minimap. Seriously, use it often. Scout what your enemies are building, adjust builds and items you're using accordingly. -Rank 3s are overrated. People seem to think that the race to the finish line is a race to who can get the most rank 3s the fastest. If you don't have a rank 3 unit by the end of krugs, chances aren't good you're going to finish it, unless you need like 1 more unit. Think of rank 3s as more of a blessing than the natural flow of a game. -Stop going into games with a preset idea of what build you want to use. You have to go into games totally open minded as to what build you're going to run because you simply have no idea what the game is going to throw your way. This also requires you know all the meta comps, how to use transition units, how to hard swap comps, etc
: Anyone had any success with Rengar yet?
He's a filler for the 6 assassin comps. Not all units are created equal.
Show more

NTrumpWeTrust

Level 53 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion