: Dogs VS Cats, Which one are better?
I get to dissect a cat in Anatomy. I don't dissect a dog. What's that tell ya?{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Dogs VS Cats, Which one are better?
I get to dissect a cat in Anatomy. I don't dissect a dog. What's that tell ya?
: Beep Boop
Looks like Slayer guitar tabs to me.
: why the hell did i get iron
I started with jg (my best lane) and lost all but maybe 2 games, and got b4 (was b1 last season). then did 1 game for the prov. rank in the other 4 lanes, lost all but 1 (my support game) and got iron 1 in each. my buddy 1 his prov. rank game and got silver 2, and after the 10 placements he got gold 3. so yeah, fuck ranked.
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: last animu waifu thread of the year
I was gonna do some bashin on the whole anime thing, then I saw Megadeth and Metallica.... so I suppose there's still hope. happy new year fellas.
Rioter Comments
Haze97 (EUW)
: First off - Thank you! I was going to make this thread myself in reaction to the "Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl" which seems to hold very misplaced views from a probably insecure woman about a game where the lore of most characters can be summed up in a couple of pages at max. Now onto the sexualization - **"I see a lot of people mention how some characters have an apparent "cleavage" showing -"** Breasts exist and I see tons of women walk down the street with their cleavages visible (I live in a third world country which is far more conservative than the USA, the country with the largest playerbase on LoL). If you're telling me that having breasts and an inevitable cleavage visible on a few female characters is sexualization then you're better off moving to the Middle East where women wear a burkha 24/7 to not give away their confidence in their sexuality. **"The argument that a lot of characters look like strippers"** Uhh no. Have you ever been to a strip club or does visiting one go against your conservative values? Most league characters don't look like strippers and a ton of them have just the right clothes for their role. You've got tanks like Illaoi and Leona who wear either a breastplate or full body armour, you've got warriors such as Vi and Riven who carry massive weapons to give off the right impression while being completely clothed, you've got assassins like Katarina and Akali who don't need to wear much in order to remain mobile and indeed cannot take more than 2 hits ingame. Then you've got a diverse group of marksmen who are either fully clothed in their uniform or wear light clothing (yes, I am aware of what MF and Jinx wear) but that's because they aren't meant to be at the front lines. Finally, if you think Caitlyn's uniform looks like something a stripper would wear then I am sure you've been to a lot of strippers lately. I have been to a couple of strip clubs myself and I have never seen a stripper dress similarly. **"The argument where a few women LoL gamers cannot relate to cuurent champions"** Well read a book then you lazy bum. LoL's lore is shallow, most character's lore can be summed up in less two pages, and the stories change all the time. Ths is coming from an avid reader who reads a new book every month. I've read tons of fantasy novels and if you're coming to LoL for the 'lore' then you've a shallow taste which hasn't seen better. The lore on most LoL characters is very inconsistent, changes all the time, and often doesn't relate to the character's ingame behavior. If you want characters you can relate to then there's a whole world of interesting fiction out there with something for everybody. If you're going to beg Riot to alter existing characters to suit your selfish palette instead of asking them to create new characters for your taste, then you're just imposing on the ideals of the people who love some of the current characters, backstory included. **My opinion** on all of this is that the tiny portion of the playerbase which wants to characters to be 'de-sexualized' want League to go the way of the grid girls. You've got characters in real armour and then you've got characters dressed in a two piece (usually assassins) which some insecure women cannot relate to. For every skimpily dressed character you can name, I can name two who remain fully clothed.
> [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2018-12-01T17:48:10.752+0000) > > First off - Thank you! > > I was going to make this thread myself in reaction to the "Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl" which seems to hold very misplaced views from a probably insecure woman about a game where the lore of most characters can be summed up in a couple of pages at max. > > Now onto the sexualization - > > **"I see a lot of people mention how some characters have an apparent "cleavage" showing -"** > > Breasts exist and I see tons of women walk down the street with their cleavages visible (I live in a third world country which is far more conservative than the USA, the country with the largest playerbase on LoL). If you're telling me that having breasts and an inevitable cleavage visible on a few female characters is sexualization then you're better off moving to the Middle East where women wear a burkha 24/7 to not give away their confidence in their sexuality. > > > **"The argument that a lot of characters look like strippers"** > > Uhh no. Have you ever been to a strip club or does visiting one go against your conservative values? > > Most league characters don't look like strippers and a ton of them have just the right clothes for their role. You've got tanks like Illaoi and Leona who wear either a breastplate or full body armour, you've got warriors such as Vi and Riven who carry massive weapons to give off the right impression while being completely clothed, you've got assassins like Katarina and Akali who don't need to wear much in order to remain mobile and indeed cannot take more than 2 hits ingame. Then you've got a diverse group of marksmen who are either fully clothed in their uniform or wear light clothing (yes, I am aware of what MF and Jinx wear) but that's because they aren't meant to be at the front lines. > > Finally, if you think Caitlyn's uniform looks like something a stripper would wear then I am sure you've been to a lot of strippers lately. I have been to a couple of strip clubs myself and I have never seen a stripper dress similarly. > > > **"The argument where a few women LoL gamers cannot relate to cuurent champions"** > > Well read a book then you lazy bum. > > LoL's lore is shallow, most character's lore can be summed up in less two pages, and the stories change all the time. Ths is coming from an avid reader who reads a new book every month. > I've read tons of fantasy novels and if you're coming to LoL for the 'lore' then you've a shallow taste which hasn't seen better. The lore on most LoL characters is very inconsistent, changes all the time, and often doesn't relate to the character's ingame behavior. > > If you want characters you can relate to then there's a whole world of interesting fiction out there with something for everybody. If you're going to beg Riot to alter existing characters to suit your selfish palette instead of asking them to create new characters for your taste, then you're just imposing on the ideals of the people who love some of the current characters, backstory included. > > > **My opinion** on all of this is that the tiny portion of the playerbase which wants to characters to be 'de-sexualized' want League to go the way of the grid girls. You've got characters in real armour and then you've got characters dressed in a two piece (usually assassins) which some insecure women cannot relate to. For every skimpily dressed character you can name, I can name two who remain fully clothed. This needs more upvotes. desperately.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Jack Eron (EUNE)
: Never will understant those who cry about these things... It's FREAKING GAME! Why the hell is it bad if you see beatuiful woman? Boobs are nice btw. Also... Why the hell should it be realistic? I saw realistic things enough in real world. I don't need it in here.
> [{quoted}](name=Jack Eron,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0045,timestamp=2018-12-02T12:35:25.027+0000) > > Never will understant those who cry about these things... It's FREAKING GAME! Why the hell is it bad if you see beatuiful woman? Boobs are nice btw. Also... Why the hell should it be realistic? I saw realistic things enough in real world. I don't need it in here. I always thought people played video games to _escape_ the real world, could be wrong though. The less societal "issues" in my game the better.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Zyranium (EUW)
: "It's 2018 cmon, where are the gender fluid lesbian queer non binary pansexual black muslim jewish disabled trans representation in this video game ??" Ugh...
> [{quoted}](name=Zyranium,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-01T12:22:49.796+0000) > > "It's 2018 cmon, where are the gender fluid lesbian queer non binary pansexual black muslim jewish disabled trans representation in this video game ??" > > Ugh... this made me laugh, and got me kicked out of my English college class. oh well, we live in a society I guess.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T05:10:55.424+0000) > > If so, I apologize. Too many posts to reply to. I can see both sides of the nami debate, but mermaid-ish characters I believe are _meant_ to be sexy in some way. Even Ariel's dad was smokin'. Most people that "claimed" to see em were all lonely sailors, wanting to intrigue other men into joining the crew or captivate audiences. > RIght on. They're in my top 4 bands to see live before I die, besides FFDP, Avatar and Tool. Once again, I'm not saying Nami's design is bad. I put her in a list of champs who have sexual designs, and that's it. This whole thread has been extremely tame, I can't find a single person saying anything other than "some champs have silly, ill-fitting designs and a different outfit would work better", or even "there is a large discrepancy between the sexualized males and sexualized females ingame", which is very _clearly_ true. I don't see how anyone's statements on here are trying to censor or shittalk riot, when riot specifically asked girl players their opinions on female champions, which is what the OP is doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T05:41:27.637+0000) > > Once again, I'm not saying Nami's design is bad. I put her in a list of champs who have sexual designs, and that's it. This whole thread has been extremely tame, I can't find a single person saying anything other than "some champs have silly, ill-fitting designs and a different outfit would work better", or even "there is a large discrepancy between the sexualized males and sexualized females ingame", which is very _clearly_ true. I don't see how anyone's statements on here are trying to censor or shittalk riot, when riot specifically asked girl players their opinions on female champions, which is what the OP is doing. I understand what you're saying. completely. and as I said, I can see both sides of the spectrum. Some say that female characters are "over sexualized" (a broad and overused term, in today's world). Some may not see it as an issue. Others may think it's funny that everyone is complaining about the female characters when the males are quite honestly, out of proportion by the average male (not all men in America have the physique of a roman/greek soldier). I'm not trying to argue, or say that what you're sayin don't make sense. Just taking a omniscient point of view.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:42:31.759+0000) > > I'm sitting by a fire with Amon Amarth playing on Alexa and a plate of nachos next to me. I couldn't be any more calm. As I have been doing the past 20 minutes of my night, I'm stating my opinions. I see no issues with nami, cuz me, being human, have no sexual attraction to fish, no matter how "human" they look. Okay, that's fine, but you're arguing against points _I did not make_. You're just saying things to me at random because it's not stuff I'm saying. You not finding Nami sexy doesn't mean she wasn't designed to be sexy, that's not how that works. I don't think she's sexy either but she is still sexualized. I saw Amon Amarth a few years back they have a killer live show.
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:57:07.220+0000) > > Okay, that's fine, but you're arguing against points _I did not make_. You're just saying things to me at random because it's not stuff I'm saying. > You not finding Nami sexy doesn't mean she wasn't designed to be sexy, that's not how that works. I don't think she's sexy either but she is still sexualized. > I saw Amon Amarth a few years back they have a killer live show. If so, I apologize. Too many posts to reply to. I can see both sides of the nami debate, but mermaid-ish characters I believe are _meant_ to be sexy in some way. Even Ariel's dad was smokin'. Most people that "claimed" to see em were all lonely sailors, wanting to intrigue other men into joining the crew or captivate audiences. RIght on. They're in my top 4 bands to see live before I die, besides FFDP, Avatar and Tool.
Sweetsy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:45:57.126+0000) > > I disagree completely. things can be considered ok and normal for 1800 years, but because some entitled keyboard warrior or w/e feels offended by it, I don't think that necessarily means we should throw all those years down the toilet. Not everybody is a winner, and not everyone is gonna be happy with the way some things turn out. It's just the way life is. the sooner people get over, and understand that fact, the better off we'll be. ariana grande didnt die at the first brick of stonewall for this
> [{quoted}](name=Trans Taliyah,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:57:33.697+0000) > > ariana grande didnt die at the first brick of stonewall for this you lost me.
Sweetsy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:30:46.247+0000) > > Mermaids have been described the way they are since the beowulf era. Just like succubi on WoW or Witcher (don't see any complaints about the way _they_ dress). **That's** the point I'm trying to make. fuck the way things have been forever, it's insulting to a select few in 2018 so let's change _everything_. sometimes... things from the past... are worse
> [{quoted}](name=Trans Taliyah,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:32:42.961+0000) > > sometimes... things from the past... are worse I disagree completely. things can be considered ok and normal for 1800 years, but because some entitled keyboard warrior or w/e feels offended by it, I don't think that necessarily means we should throw all those years down the toilet. Not everybody is a winner, and not everyone is gonna be happy with the way some things turn out. It's just the way life is. the sooner people get over, and understand that fact, the better off we'll be.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:30:46.247+0000) > > Mermaids have been described the way they are since the beowulf era. Just like succubi on WoW or Witcher (don't see any complaints about the way _they_ dress). **That's** the point I'm trying to make. fuck the way things have been forever, it's insulting to a select few in 2018 so let's change _everything_. I...are you reading what I'm actually saying? "I'm not even saying she shouldn't" means I'm "insulted" and want it changed?? I love Nami, I know she's an homage to modern mermaids, but that doesn't mean she's not sexualized. I said so many times that having sexy characters isn't bad, calm down and try to read what I'm actually saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:33:52.965+0000) > > I...are you reading what I'm actually saying? > "I'm not even saying she shouldn't" means I'm "insulted" and want it changed?? I love Nami, I know she's an homage to modern mermaids, but that doesn't mean she's not sexualized. I said so many times that having sexy characters isn't bad, calm down and try to read what I'm actually saying. I'm sitting by a fire with Amon Amarth playing on Alexa and a plate of nachos next to me. I couldn't be any more calm. As I have been doing the past 20 minutes of my night, I'm stating my opinions. I see no issues with nami, cuz me, being human, have no sexual attraction to fish, no matter how "human" they look.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00210001000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:25:57.958+0000) > > offended? no, not in the slightest. I think the only thing that offends me in life is the state of music in the States, the wrong genres are getting all the praise. I like to think all I'm doing is explaining the opposite side of the spectrum. I mean you just implied the only reason people would disagree with you is if they're mindless sheep. "People can have opinions, as I have mine. However, I think people should open their eyes, and begin to have their own opinions, rather than waiting for Hollyweird or the media to tell them how to think about certain things"
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=002100010000000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:29:37.582+0000) > > I mean you just implied the only reason people would disagree with you is if they're mindless sheep. > "People can have opinions, as I have mine. However, I think people should open their eyes, and begin to have their own opinions, rather than waiting for Hollyweird or the media to tell them how to think about certain things" If I come across as a holier than thou guy that you'll prolly never meet, I apologize. It has been my experience that people base what they think off of other people's perceptions of things. e.g. They believe _this_ is ok, because T Swift does. they vote this, because Ariana grande did. Can't argue with them about it, so I don't try to. I merely give my opinion on the matter, then they feel all personally attacked and everything and change their status to "victim of white supremacy" or some BS like that. People can disagree with me, and I can disagree with them, I believe that's my _right_ as an American.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:19:43.933+0000) > > Ok wait, are we really saying Nami, _a fish_ is over sexualized? who next? Ori? Characters can only be sexualized if they are entirely human and if any part of them (waist down for example) is not human then they _cannot_ be sexual in any way.
> [{quoted}](name=eastcoast720,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:26:18.520+0000) > > Characters can only be sexualized if they are entirely human and if any part of them (waist down for example) is not human then they _cannot_ be sexual in any way. oh but people will still complain about it regardless, you can be sure of that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:19:43.933+0000) > > Ok wait, are we really saying Nami, _a fish_ is over sexualized? who next? Ori? I literally made a list, so you can ignore context as much as you want, but Nami's boobs are out in all of her skins. I'm not even saying she shouldn't, but she is sexualized, like most interpretations of mermaids.
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:23:49.889+0000) > > I literally made a list, so you can ignore context as much as you want, but Nami's boobs are out in all of her skins. I'm not even saying she shouldn't, but she is sexualized, like most interpretations of mermaids. Mermaids have been described the way they are since the beowulf era. Just like succubi on WoW or Witcher (don't see any complaints about the way _they_ dress). **That's** the point I'm trying to make. fuck the way things have been forever, it's insulting to a select few in 2018 so let's change _everything_.
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=002100010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:17:44.466+0000) > > My point is, some of those classics have been around since the 1940's. As I later mentioned, society nowadays, as a whole, can't handle things as they were pre-2010. Everybody is offended by everything. They look for issues, when there are none. They overthink things, desperate to see something wrong with it. And when people don't agree with them, they claim "hate crimes" or sexism, or misogynistic, etc. > > Seeing how League is a _video game_ I don't think it makes much sense to get offended by the way characters are portrayed. Imo, the female characters in smite are worse (again, don't see an issue with them). People blame "a patriarchal society" for the way women are portrayed in video games and movies as much as they blame metal and Marilyn Manson for school shootings (or any sort of shooting at that). It's baseless, inaccurate, and pointless. > > People can have discussions about things, I'm not saying they can't. People can have opinions, as I have mine. However, I think people should open their eyes, and begin to have their own opinions, rather than waiting for Hollyweird or the media to tell them how to think about certain things. Read books, step outside, set down their phones, try to remember a time where life was bigger than a 6'' screen that fits in the palm of your hand. > > In the words of Marilyn Manson: _"A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions, they're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do". - Marilyn Manson_ I don't think anyone here is actually offended? We're literally just having a discussion about the discrepancy between characters. It looks like you're offended though!
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0021000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:22:14.688+0000) > > I don't think anyone here is actually offended? We're literally just having a discussion about the discrepancy between characters. It looks like you're offended though! offended? no, not in the slightest. I think the only thing that offends me in life is the state of music in the States, the wrong genres are getting all the praise. I like to think all I'm doing is explaining the opposite side of the spectrum.
: > [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000,timestamp=2018-12-01T03:29:02.088+0000) > > On which planet do you see a Lisaandra or Nami and go 'I think I'd hit that'? I'm not into them personally, but look at Liss's splashes. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f3/Lissandra_BladeQueenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021095106 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/03/Lissandra_CovenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181108210012 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/a/aa/Lissandra_BloodstoneSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021093555 That is quite a lot of boob, just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not sexualized. And Nami has quite a bit of boob in her skins as well as the button-nose big-eyed look that most champs in this game have lmao https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/7/7e/Nami_DeepSeaSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021192059 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/e/e2/Nami_RiverSpiritSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021044339 I love them as characters and they're fun to play, but they're still sexualized. ALL of the stuff I wrote and that's your only response? {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:04:31.462+0000) > > I'm not into them personally, but look at Liss's splashes. > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f3/Lissandra_BladeQueenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021095106 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/03/Lissandra_CovenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181108210012 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/a/aa/Lissandra_BloodstoneSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021093555 > That is quite a lot of boob, just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not sexualized. > > And Nami has quite a bit of boob in her skins as well as the button-nose big-eyed look that most champs in this game have lmao > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/7/7e/Nami_DeepSeaSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021192059 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/e/e2/Nami_RiverSpiritSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021044339 > > I love them as characters and they're fun to play, but they're still sexualized. > ALL of the stuff I wrote and that's your only response? {{sticker:sg-zephyr}} Ok wait, are we really saying Nami, _a fish_ is over sexualized? who next? Ori?
Papuga (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2018-12-01T00:15:44.172+0000) > > discussions like this, in a way, remind me of all the news articles circling around, saying that Christmas _classics_ (Rudolph, Charlie Brown thanksgiving, baby it's cold outside) are inappropriate for 2018, since they are "racist, sexist, and "glorify rape". they've been around forever, but since nowadays people can't handle things or try to start issues over things that haven't been issues forever... If Riot saw issues with the characters, they'd change em. Personally I'd rather have a {{champion:82}} update before any of these mentioned, because I don't see an issue with them. just my opinion though. > > ~~let the hate comments flow.~~ 1. I don't see the connection between this thread and what you alluded to (interpretations of Christmas classics?) 2. Just because it's the norm doesn't mean it's right or that there shouldn't be discussion about it. 3. Thank you for your opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=Papuga,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00210001,timestamp=2018-12-01T02:02:42.401+0000) > > 1. I don't see the connection between this thread and what you alluded to (interpretations of Christmas classics?) > 2. Just because it's the norm doesn't mean it's right or that there shouldn't be discussion about it. > 3. Thank you for your opinion. My point is, some of those classics have been around since the 1940's. As I later mentioned, society nowadays, as a whole, can't handle things as they were pre-2010. Everybody is offended by everything. They look for issues, when there are none. They overthink things, desperate to see something wrong with it. And when people don't agree with them, they claim "hate crimes" or sexism, or misogynistic, etc. Seeing how League is a _video game_ I don't think it makes much sense to get offended by the way characters are portrayed. Imo, the female characters in smite are worse (again, don't see an issue with them). People blame "a patriarchal society" for the way women are portrayed in video games and movies as much as they blame metal and Marilyn Manson for school shootings (or any sort of shooting at that). It's baseless, inaccurate, and pointless. People can have discussions about things, I'm not saying they can't. People can have opinions, as I have mine. However, I think people should open their eyes, and begin to have their own opinions, rather than waiting for Hollyweird or the media to tell them how to think about certain things. Read books, step outside, set down their phones, try to remember a time where life was bigger than a 6'' screen that fits in the palm of your hand. In the words of Marilyn Manson: _"A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions, they're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do". - Marilyn Manson_
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
Let's just restate this discussion so that more people can understand it. -Braum can have a 32 pack and biceps bigger around than the rest of his body. -Taric can have a 30 pack, and swing a hammer to protect his less-masculine adc -Draven can be conceited and see himself in everything -Darius can be a famed executioner -and shaco can be Cicero in disguise. but as soon as a female champ in a _video game_ puts on a skirt, everyone loses their minds *waves hands around frantically*
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
discussions like this, in a way, remind me of all the news articles circling around, saying that Christmas _classics_ (Rudolph, Charlie Brown thanksgiving, baby it's cold outside) are inappropriate for 2018, since they are "racist, sexist, and "glorify rape". they've been around forever, but since nowadays people can't handle things or try to start issues over things that haven't been issues forever... If Riot saw issues with the characters, they'd change em. Personally I'd rather have a {{champion:82}} update before any of these mentioned, because I don't see an issue with them. just my opinion though. ~~let the hate comments flow.~~
Echo3s (NA)
: How do you guys make time to play league?
get them to play. that's what I did (kinda, parents are somewhat "gamers" since they've played WoW before, but still). nothing better than having a blitz support that lands every q and you get to say, "that's my mom".{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} But idk what kinda advice to give ya mate, find a new hobby? idk. cheers.
Cetri (NA)
: 1) It matters to people that care about the lore, such as myself. I don't give two shits about the game, it's secondary to me. I'm here for the stories. Which i would hope anyone who bothered to post in the _story section of the boards_ would be. 2) Cis isn't derogatory it's literally just the opposite of trans holy hell. 3) That's all well and good for you, but I simply can't get into playing any of the characters in the game unless their story resonates with me somehow. They can play like total ass, but I'll still like 'em and play them for that aspect alone.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=001e00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-21T05:44:16.053+0000) > > 1) It matters to people that care about the lore, such as myself. I don't give two shits about the game, it's secondary to me. I'm here for the stories. Which i would hope anyone who bothered to post in the _story section of the boards_ would be. > > 2) Cis isn't derogatory it's literally just the opposite of trans holy hell. > > 3) That's all well and good for you, but I simply can't get into playing any of the characters in the game unless their story resonates with me somehow. They can play like total ass, but I'll still like 'em and play them for that aspect alone. 1. People can care about the lore, sure. I have no authority, I can't keep people from it any more than I can keep them from having an opinion, no matter how right or wrong it may be. Sorry, shouldn't say the word "wrong", might offend someone. anyway, the character's bio refers to her and nidalee as "friends". they implemented a few voice lines that would suggest certain things (because having friends of the same gender makes you gay, assumedly) and those "assumptions" were confirmed. My only question is: if the character was lesbian (cuz that matters to people, for lore purposes), why not make it an integral part of the character, rather than try to introduce the fact underhandedly through infrequent voice lines? Not that it has any place in a MOBA, RPG maybe, but not League. 2. New word, only became prevalent over the past year or so (most likely shorter time than that), because everything needs a category nowadays. Nobody can see beyond spectrums of color and sexuality anymore (thanks hollyweird and society as a whole). Can't even say "normal" anymore without people thinking you're Shrek and grabbing a torch and pitchfork. 3. see above. I tire of this debate, as much or even more so than I did my debates with my delusional college prof. All I'm going to say is this. Sexuality doesn't change my perspective of who I _want_ to play. I don't differentiate based on which way a character swings. I play eve because I like her gameplay. I play Urgot because, Urgot. Sexuality has nothing to do with, nor does it change my mind on who I play. If they wish to make a character gay for "lore" purposes, in some games that would probably work. Does it belong in League? I don't THINK so. Being a human being, I believe I'm entitled to have an opinion (unless that's different for me since I'm straight and white). Will people disagree with me? obviously. _Most_ people prolly will in fact, because for the most part, they don't have opinions of their own (but that's a discussion for another topic) As Marilyn Manson once said, "_A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do."_ As relevant today as it was then at the start of his career. People can have an opinion, just don't throw the book at or think less of people that don't share the same one. - Naga
Cetri (NA)
: 1) Her crush on Nidalee is a key part of her backstory. 2) I'm sure they did. Cisgender, heterosexual. Not LGBT, in other words. Now, do you? 3)Not sure how this in particular would create legal issues. Also not an answer as to why those aren't valid reasons to do something. Why does there have to be a big reason?
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=001e000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T04:56:41.155+0000) > > 1) Her crush on Nidalee is a key part of her backstory. > > 2) I'm sure they did. Cisgender, heterosexual. Not LGBT, in other words. Now, do you? > > 3)Not sure how this in particular would create legal issues. Also not an answer as to why those aren't valid reasons to do something. > > Why does there have to be a big reason? 1. really? it mentions it somewhere in her bio? does it change the entire point of the game? instead of trying to destroy the enemy nexus do we try to help nidalee and freako go on a date? get married? does it keep me from jungling? no? then who cares? 2. so cis is a derogatory term for people that stay the gender they were born as and have sexual interaction with people of the opposite gender? got it. like I said before, a characters sexuality doesn't influence my decision for who I want to play as. I want to play naut, I play naut. I want to play nidalee, I play nidalee. I don't say, "hey I want to play this guy, oh wait, they're gay, nvm". I don't necessarily have issues with gay people irl, went to school and worked with a bunch of em. Never bothered me, never felt, idk, anger or prejudiced towards them. Now, if they went up to me and said something like, "I'm gay and you have to respect me and my rights" or "you're straight and white so you're a white supremacist" then yeah, I'd have an issue with it. 3. If you ask me, there's a time and place for certain things. If they took Minecraft, or the more popular fortnite, BOTH with __nothing to do with the sexuality of characters,_ and said, "hey, the enderdragon is gay". or "the Mexican dude is trans" It would serve undoubtedly and absolutely no point. having a wide eyed chameleon chick lesbian for a tribal cat lady serves no point as well. as I stated above, it doesn't change the concept of the game.
dwadwfr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2018-11-21T04:17:16.750+0000) > > I never understood the reason to have lgbtqxyz characters in games. If I doesn't do anything to the story (not a plot point, etc) why add them other than to show "diversity" and "tolerance"? Just as there's no reason to have them, there's also no reason not to have them. It's like you said, it's a small detail that doesn't change anything, so why should it bother people in the first place?
> [{quoted}](name=dwadwfr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=001e0001,timestamp=2018-11-21T04:55:12.494+0000) > > Just as there's no reason to have them, there's also no reason not to have them. It's like you said, it's a small detail that doesn't change anything, so why should it bother people in the first place? It may be a small detail, but they make a big deal about it. Introduces character: oh by the way, she's trans/lesbian/etc.... come on, who cares? If they introduced a character and said they're straight, in my experience, people would be all like, "wow so much for inclusiveness buncha cis a-holes." or "thanks for not representing the lgbtqxyz^96 community, guess I'm not supporting you guys anymore and uninstalling."
Cetri (NA)
: 1) It is a plot point. 2)Do you have the same attitude with cishet characters? 3)Why are those not valid reasons?
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2018-11-21T04:32:26.320+0000) > > 1) It is a plot point. > > 2)Do you have the same attitude with cishet characters? > > 3)Why are those not valid reasons? 1. How is it a plot point? does it change the entire game based on the fact that she's lesbian? Or is it just used as an attempt to help people with the similar mindset to "relate" to a character. Personally, I don't care about a character's sexuality. Just because one's different than mine don't make me wanna play em any more than I would if they were straight. _**It. Doesn't. Matter.**_ 2. No idea what that means, other than the fact my English teacher in college called me a cis person a lot before removing me from the class for not sharing her ideas. Didn't like her anyway. sorry, _~~him.~~_ 3. because they're pandering to _that_ community because they're tryin to avoid legal issues. much like Blizzard did back in the day. My point is, I don't get why it's such a big deal to have "non straight" characters in a game. like AC Syndicate, they threw one in there for next to no reason. It's an agenda. nothing more and nothing less.
: Neeko is a dumb pander to the LGBT community for money
I never understood the reason to have lgbtqxyz characters in games. If I doesn't do anything to the story (not a plot point, etc) why add them other than to show "diversity" and "tolerance"?
: Someone on moderation needs to clarify something.
Not sure what the point of this whole discussion is, but seeing as how League is rated T for teen, yeah I'd say that as far as "pushing the limits" goes, 3/3 of these are. just my 2 cents.
: 'Bout a HUNDRED, give or take, METAL references for Mordekaiser's VO update
Being a major metal-head (why I was drawn to Morde in the first place), I love this. I was expecting to see Dio here, but the fact that you threw in Blind Guardian, Manowar and Hammerfall brings a tear to my, have my upvote kind sir.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Odenmaru (NA)
: Tried Mint Chocolate Chip for the first time
Cherry Garcia? Chunky Monkey? {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: Yeah we all know that spring anime is over
we need to have another inquisition, but against weebs.
: Gays and Rainbows
Yeah, wouldn't want to offend the easily offended. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
SSmotzer (NA)
: HOLY $H^T SIVIR IS JESUS!
Idk how the theology of non non-denominational churches works, but there is no 5th horseman, and the crown isn't a weapon in any way.
Diana hole (EUNE)
: Am I too perfect to get a girlfriend?
It's more like, girls are too perfect to get a boyfriend.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zultan of Cows,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oI7JlB6E,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-05-27T04:17:57.189+0000) > > no I would much rather you list all the definitions here verbatim. thanks. Definition of argue argued; arguing intransitive verb 1 : to give reasons for or against something : reason argue for a new policy 2 : to contend or disagree in words : dispute They're always arguing about money. transitive verb 1 : to give evidence of : indicate The facts argue his innocence. 2 : to consider the pros and cons of : discuss argue an issue 3 : to prove or try to prove by giving reasons : maintain asking for a chance to argue his case 4 : to persuade by giving reasons : induce couldn't argue her out of going
I wouldn't argue with a swarm of koalas, I know from experience. {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: MALZ IN URF!!!!!!!!
mumu, vik, zoe, blitz, ziggs, loki fio, akali, deckard cain, kog, Annie.....
: "Can we stop atacking people for mistakes they made?"
yeah cmon guys, let's just have a couple drinks and uh, sleep on it....
: plz give me my 12 seconds back. only opened cause mud{{champion:67}} is cool
don't like the band, but upvote cuz I wasn't expecting that. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: clash btw
Uh, I wasn't lookin forward to it, last I checked I was part of everyone.
: Because that's what 99.99% of people want to play...you are part of the 0.01% that don't want to. Just because you don't want to play it why should it not be put in? Just don't play it, no one is forcing you to.
> [{quoted}](name=HigherTier,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EABBipNE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-27T03:16:55.298+0000) > > Because that's what 99.99% of people want to play...you are part of the 0.01% that don't want to. Just because you don't want to play it why should it not be put in? Just don't play it, no one is forcing you to. cmon man, he obviously wants to be catered to, we should do everything he wants to do.
afmghost (NA)
: Regarding the cancellation of Clash
well you gotta think, most people that play league have no social lives, and haven't seen the sun for extended amounts of time, telling them to not be mad at Clash's cancellation is like telling them to not breathe, or sleep and eat (if they even do that).
: Everyone is on autopilot
don't know too much about planes, but I always thought that people were more like ships. Don't think they have autopilot.
: WTF RIOT
not enough plot.
Radious (NA)
: Suspension/Banning
post it again, you don't have enough posts with the same thing.
: Jungle Symmetry
I actually like the jg the way it is. I can't stand uniform things irl so it don't bother me none.
: How is this game fun anymore? Story of Lippen the 3 time perma ban man.
I drink earl grey and light about 12 candles (generally apple cinnamon), and listen to SOAD while I play, Usually helps Toxicity. when I play with friends, I tell em to Bring Your Own Beer, but since I don't have friends, it's just a Lonely Day, but it's mine. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Ap0l10 (NA)
: Honor System... is it Me or Does it Not Work
play yi, Trynd, any of the other broken champs that can get pentakills through either aa's or 1 ability, carry your team, generally get 3-4 honors this way. foolproof plan. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Knedlica (EUW)
: HUGE problem for veteran players
that's mainly y I quit playin most games with cosmetic items, they weren't handed to me, I either had to work for em or buy em, which is too hard for me, I suffer from Millenial-itis. a fairly common disease nowadays, and there's no cure in sight.{{sticker:sg-soraka}}
Show more

Nagahasmyname

Level 106 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion