: Order of the Lotus Janna Concept
I'd like to see Riot incorporate more of this style. It's well done and not needlessly sexualized like Riot of old. Good job OP!
: Champion Update and the Flawed Fencer
Why is it so hard to speak to actual fans of the character in question? I still remember the horrific Nasus reveal where the artist thought he should be a devilish monster. Pitiful. RIP Eugene McDaniels February 12, 1935 – July 29, 2011
: As a long term Nasus main since s2, I think it's time to rework Nasus
HD, as another Nasus main I completely agree with what you're saying, and is the reason why I haven't played much league lately. He's not the same character he was when I fell in love years ago. Riot has stripped away his identity and gives no reason to pick him over other bruisers that are more consistent. It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but what's worse is I don't trust Riot to fix it...
: > [{quoted}](name=MMHSTerror,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=acxE7ANk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-28T19:17:25.759+0000) > > Nah you just mad Not really. I'm baffled by the sheer stupidity of certain policy changes. Are there less toxic people in my games? Are there less feeders and afkers? Not at all. And I've been playing since season 2.
> [{quoted}](name=g07h4xf00,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=acxE7ANk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-08-28T19:21:03.272+0000) > > Not really. I'm baffled by the sheer stupidity of certain policy changes. Are there less toxic people in my games? Are there less feeders and afkers? Not at all. And I've been playing since season 2. Can't say my own experience agrees with you. Sounds like you might be part of the problem if your games are that toxic. Ever consider that?
: Just a reminder that if you chose anything besides the synthesis ending in ME3 you're a fool
> [{quoted}](name=Workshop Shaco,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=fhVdUUg1,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-08-28T18:47:54.826+0000) > The Synthesis ending was perfect because it makes it so that there is no possible way for the cycle to continue to exist. It will make organic and synthetic life into one form of life that will live in peace permanently. You're assuming organic life can't come back. Which, if we're not basing this on creation like Mass Effect suggests, will return. So..no, it's not permanent peace.
: > [{quoted}](name=NateKiller,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=h1X9wyjl,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2015-08-21T18:55:37.391+0000) > Hatedaddy, while you make an interesting argument, it's one that's hard to get behind. The basis of this is that we on the outside don't have the data that Lyte does. We don't know how well the current system has been working and if further corrections are needed. > > What's also important to remember is that league has an extraordinary reputation for toxicity even though Lyte claims it is limited to a small percentage of people. My counter argument would be why are you, Hatedaddy, so worried about a small percentage of people that give this game a bad name? I personally find it hard to garner sympathy for them no matter the punishment level. > > One thing we can agree on is that there does need to be a line drawn on punishment and it would be nice if Lyte would be clear on where that line is. I'm guessing that answer is an evolving work in progress, thus the current situation. Because it's NOT a small percentage, its a significant percentage that we are deceived about. That's A. Part B is that this action Lyte wants to take gives those who cause all the misery and misfortune and toxicity another took with which to DO so and troll others in the WORST possible way now. Not only can you lose a game, lose your ranking, lose the ability to play the account, you will lose the reason to play the account if you are trolled and become upset by this. This can ONLY be detrimental and cause MORE toxicity which will go unchecked.
> [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=h1X9wyjl,comment-id=001c0000,timestamp=2015-08-21T19:01:04.213+0000) > > Because it's NOT a small percentage, its a significant percentage that we are deceived about. That's A. > > Part B is that this action Lyte wants to take gives those who cause all the misery and misfortune and toxicity another took with which to DO so and troll others in the WORST possible way now. Not only can you lose a game, lose your ranking, lose the ability to play the account, you will lose the reason to play the account if you are trolled and become upset by this. This can ONLY be detrimental and cause MORE toxicity which will go unchecked. What data are you basing your part A on? There's no data that exists that I'm aware of. Your conclusion would be limited to your own game play experiences. Your saying Lyte wants to punish innocent individuals into becoming toxic themselves by punishing actual toxic individuals? lol What...
: @Lyte I really don't think you should be taking ranked awards away from players
Hatedaddy, while you make an interesting argument, it's one that's hard to get behind. The basis of this is that we on the outside don't have the data that Lyte does. We don't know how well the current system has been working and if further corrections are needed. What's also important to remember is that league has an extraordinary reputation for toxicity even though Lyte claims it is limited to a small percentage of people. My counter argument would be why are you, Hatedaddy, so worried about a small percentage of people that give this game a bad name? I personally find it hard to garner sympathy for them no matter the punishment level. One thing we can agree on is that there does need to be a line drawn on punishment and it would be nice if Lyte would be clear on where that line is. I'm guessing that answer is an evolving work in progress, thus the current situation.
JAGMAG (NA)
: as an adc past support main I really dont like janna
Does not compute; I think she's fun to play.
: I want a riot discussion on this, report me until they have to look at it, hopefully ill get a comment. Id take a ban for an explanation Riot. lets hear it
> [{quoted}](name=YourWizard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VJnGa3WQ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-08-03T13:25:05.016+0000) > > I want a riot discussion on this, report me until they have to look at it, hopefully ill get a comment. Id take a ban for an explanation Riot. lets hear it A discussion? Is there really something to discuss? This looks pretty cut and dry. However, I concede you may need a two week ban.
: So Nasus has a relatively safe lane phase and people go crazy
Obligatory up-voted. #NerfMages #BuffNasus #MoarStacks
xSniper (NA)
: I GET SUSPENDED 14 DAYS FOR THIS
People aren't banned for one game. Stop being toxic. No excuses..... just stop.
: I love how everyone is losing their minds over HUD and fiora VU when the game is still unplayable
Trolling leads to lost games and those individuals have a lower IQ overall. Pull yourself out of low elo and you won't have near that many. Edit: Low elo also contains new accounts of those banned. Making it even worse.
: The New Gangplank Is Atrocious
I know the feels. Riot doesn't incorporate fan opinion on these updates, and it shows from our disappointment every time.
: Remove healers from ARAM
Pretty certain the healing for allies is at 50%. And with the engage for melee, i'd consider the poke and heal strategy of old much less problematic.
: Wow, that's awful. ######[Sorry, I imagined Miss Pauling for a second...](http://orig11.deviantart.net/75d7/f/2015/006/2/0/miss_pauling_by_yhrite-d8cvaz3.jpg)
> [{quoted}](name=BLU Medic,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AnJ1cRts,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2015-07-22T13:38:53.372+0000) > > Wow, that's awful. > > ######[Sorry, I imagined Miss Pauling for a second...](http://orig11.deviantart.net/75d7/f/2015/006/2/0/miss_pauling_by_yhrite-d8cvaz3.jpg) My thoughts exactly. Where's the quality control Riot? Ray Charles could see this is worse.
: If that's true, what about {{champion:67}} ? Her's procs every 3rd auto but doesn't require any special positioning, and while her main weakness is being locked down, locking her down is _immensely_ dificult with a ranged knockback that can stun, a dash on a 2-second cd, and her ult making that same spammable gap-build grant _invis_ . Short of "pick malph, have him build Frozen Heart and then ult her general position," what is a player to do?
> [{quoted}](name=Tekkaras,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0lhluurM,comment-id=00090017,timestamp=2015-07-22T05:53:18.927+0000) > Short of "pick malph, have him build Frozen Heart and then ult her general position," what is a player to do? "Two v 1 her." -Phreak
: Problems With the New Fiora Art
The splash team screws an update every time. They have no idea what they're doing over there. I still have nightmares of that horrible Nasus demon face.
: at what division do shitty players stop trying to control everything?
Low elos should learn to stop back talking diamond 1s or higher. If someone from bronze has an opinion that differs from a diamond 1's, the bronzie should NOT try to reason with the high elo. He shouldn't ask why either. He should take what the diamond says as fact without talking back. Too many times, I've seen a bronzie backtalk a diamond 1, and it's disgusting, because the bronzie is wrong most of the time. The only time a bronzie is right is when 500,000 bronzies are talking back to a single diamond 1. There's a reason why you're stuck in bronze. It's because you think differently than the diamonds. Start thinking like a diamond
Racks (EUNE)
: why do nondiamonds+ even bother posting when they're low elo for a reason?
Low elos should learn to stop back talking diamond 1s or higher. If someone from bronze has an opinion that differs from a diamond 1's, the bronzie should NOT try to reason with the high elo. He shouldn't ask why either. He should take what the diamond says as fact without talking back. Too many times, I've seen a bronzie backtalk a diamond 1, and it's disgusting, because the bronzie is wrong most of the time. The only time a bronzie is right is when 500,000 bronzies are talking back to a single diamond 1. There's a reason why you're stuck in bronze. It's because you think differently than the diamonds. Start thinking like a diamond.
: Which champion does Yorick love?
Bleediss (NA)
: when nasus players begin to feel pressure from their team
Not sure why so many would rather him join team fights. You do realize his team fight is garbage right now, huh? Mobility creep and Wither nerfs went a long way towards this problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dfenestrator,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=RE7XxFM8,comment-id=008a000e,timestamp=2015-03-20T21:42:56.618+0000) > > While I'm glad that the ban was lifted for this particular player, I strongly disagree with your policy. > > I feel that if a bug or interaction is accidentally added to the game, and a player can reproduce it with **just **the vanilla client, you should not permanently ban any player who uses that interaction. > > The standard you posted is too subjective and discourages people from experimenting with your game. It also problematic because there are (and will always be) questions among the players (especially the new ones) as to what is an "intended feature or interaction" and what is not. > > For example, how is a player supposed to know that certain animation cancels are intended while something like this is not? Both of them appear equally intuitive, so we can't just rely on player intuition for the solution. We could try to rely on the information that Reds give, but what if a Red doesn't comment on a particular interaction? Should your players just assume that all interactions are unintended unless you say otherwise? > > While my suggestion is far from perfect, I feel that it will have the least permanent collateral damage on your players. I also feel that it properly puts the ultimate risk of each game patch on RIOT and not the players. RIOT is the one who issues these patches and changes to the game. RIOT also has the tools to directly deal with the problems that arise from those patches. The players, on the other hand, have very limited options: they can either attempt to avoid those interactions (which, depending on the interaction, may or may not be possible) or not play the game until the interaction is fixed. > > I don't necessarily think that this policy is going to ruin League of Legends, but I do feel it will lead to more unfortunate situations like this one, and I, personally, don't ever want to have to deal with it. I agree that it is subjective, and I intentionally made it so. You bring up some great points and I did want to say that my goal isn't to stifle creativity or people exploring new mechanics. But players should also exercise good judgement when they discover something and think about the impact on the game. You mention things like animation cancelling which has been a component of the game and not something that falls under this category. When I talk about bugs or unintended side effects in this category I'm specifically talking about specific game breaking issues. For example, the Zz'Rot's portal which was disconnecting players. The Mastery issue that gave people insta-Flash or insta gib abilities at level 1, the Tamat DC issue, or the max stacks on Sword of the Occult/Mejais. These are specific game breaking issues which give an unfair advantage to players that use them. In addition, they required A LOT of extra work and arbitrary steps to pull off. Players may accidentally run into it as a bug, and that's fine they're safe. But we're more interested in finding the people who decide to use it to their advantage in games consistently and with intent to harm our community. If we do find players in that category of abuse then they will likely be banned. For those past examples I listed we did permanently ban players that were abusing it. But context is important in each case. And as I mentioned this particular jitter bug Sion issue is not one of those cases and this ban shouldn't have happened. The nature of software development means that things will go wrong even if we do our best to QA and review a product before it is released. Our promise to all of you is that we will do our best to prevent these bugs in the first place, but if released we will do our best to actively find and fix them as quickly as is possible. But the commitment that we expect from you guys, as our players; is that if you encounter these issues you report them to us or at the least do not abuse them to your own advantage and to the detriment of others.
> [{quoted}](name=WookieeCookie,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=RE7XxFM8,comment-id=008a000e0001,timestamp=2015-03-21T00:52:25.404+0000) > For those past examples I listed we did permanently ban players that were abusing it. > Sorry Wookie, you're in the wrong on this big time. That policy is trash. A permanent ban on a grindy game like league for using something that is up to interpretation is beyond wrong. Were these players even warned?
: QoL buff to Nasus' Theme (not his gameplay)
F03 (NA)
: Lyte has created the biggest pussies i've ever seen in this game.
Unwise to summon Lyte, OP.{{summoner:11}} {{summoner:11}}
: Give Gangplank back his Crit animation, Critplank is ruined now.
Welcome to the horrible update team. Who could care less about what the current fans of the character want. They've done this so many times I wonder if they research anything.
: My lil sis and I went out to take some pics of flowers
: RIOT'S GOING TO BUST MY KNEECAPS
KBingo (NA)
: @Lyte how can I help you combat toxicity?
Become a motivational speaker and lobby against bullying.
: Riot K9 Nasus
You could also roll the dice on buying one off ebay, if those codes still work. Not sure. Their pretty expensive though. Would be much cheaper to buy in game.
: Galactic is honestly a better skin. Riot put the least effort into K-9 when they did his VU, it's mediocre and not worth RP
> [{quoted}](name=Phantom Karthus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=HVApmgX5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-09T19:52:36.747+0000) > > Galactic is honestly a better skin. Riot put the least effort into K-9 when they did his VU, it's mediocre and not worth RP Disagree completely. It's his best skin. OP, yes they'll likely bring it back at some point for a limited time.
RhoIo (NA)
: I'd rather be 2 week banned than 300 chat restricted games.
RhoIo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NateKiller,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I1ifQg94,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-07-09T14:06:31.431+0000) > > Majority of players don't even use the chat. They play using pings. I suggest you get used to that style as well considering 300 games may take a long time, and you're clearly a toxic individual. > > Players are just here to have fun, they don't need you "leading the team". Your idea of leading is toxicity. That's also because the majority of players are VERY low ranked and don't have skill. You try playing above silver with just pings and see how frustrated you get. I can't even be bothered to try anymore in ranked just because of how horrible it is, so I simply don't try at all. Look at that, chat restriction leading to toxicity. You're also an idiot, my idea of leading is not toxicity, you just blatantly assume that because I have a restriction, and it's sensitive little snowflakes like you that should get castrated. Lemme tell you I don't get chat restrictions because I call people noobs or spam in all chat or because my leadership consists of being a jerk, I get chat restrictions for telling dumb asses like you to kys.
> [{quoted}](name=RhoIo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I1ifQg94,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-07-09T14:08:47.730+0000) > > You're also an idiot, my idea of leading is not toxicity, you just blatantly assume that because I have a restriction, and it's sensitive little snowflakes like you that should get castrated. I'm convinced, you're right. LoL C'mon dude, the toxic is dripping off you. Why in denial? Just embrace the issue and fix it. Act more civil, that's all Riot wants.
RhoIo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lucky,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I1ifQg94,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-09T14:04:32.540+0000) > > "Stop feeding noob!" =/= communicate efficiently > > *Sincerely,* > > http://www.auplod.com/u/lpodua564a6.png You guys are being so stubborn and ignorant it's actually unreal. If I'm the jungler there is no way I can communicate with my laners AND respond to things they say to me. I find myself communicating with pings which just irritates the hell out of my allies and not only this, they HARDLY understand what I'm trying to say. You ever try to ping the enemy champ and then ping your ally to pray that makes them think they should engage? They get mad at that and think I'm being toxic THROUGH PINGS. It's hard and I'm not advocating for NO punishment for toxic players. I'm advocating that chat restrictions are a HORRIBLE idea and BANNING the player should be all that happens.
> [{quoted}](name=RhoIo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I1ifQg94,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-09T14:05:21.534+0000) > > I'm advocating that chat restrictions are a HORRIBLE idea Toxic player gets punished for being toxic -> Doesn't like punishment. Who knew?
RhoIo (NA)
: I'd rather be 2 week banned than 300 chat restricted games.
Majority of players don't even use the chat. They play using pings. I suggest you get used to that style as well considering 300 games may take a long time, and you're clearly a toxic individual. Players are just here to have fun, they don't need you "leading the team". Your idea of leading is toxicity.
RhoIo (NA)
: I'd rather be 2 week banned than 300 chat restricted games.
Rioter Comments
OhOkYeah (NA)
: Trundle vs voli
Trundle is a much stronger duelist and more useful to the team than Volibear. Taking the enemy tank's resistances benefits everyone. Also, that piller is arguably the best slow in the game. I don't think this is even close. Trundle all day.
: I identify as a network modem. If I cannot freely marry network routers, then I shall protest our horrible electronist government as the scum they are.
> [{quoted}](name=DollaMenunaire,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rEpkMRly,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-07-08T17:33:43.273+0000) > > I identify as a network modem. If I cannot freely marry network routers, then I shall protest our horrible ~~electronist~~ **electrophobe** government as the scum they are. Fixed
Mongoose (NA)
: why do all the mobafire azir builds say rod of ages and nashors tooth
Some of you guys are really underestimating the value of guides, especially for new players. Even veteran players like to peek at guides to quickly learn a new champion. It's simply an easier way to learn a champion than charging ahead attempting to reinvent the wheel. Sure, builds can be subjective at times, but that's only part of what makes guides useful. Even then, it gives you a base to work with and modify to make your own style.
Bleediss (NA)
: is lolking a valid guide site to listen to?
Short answer, yes. Having been an author of guides for years, my advice is that most reputable guide sites can and will have quality guides. That includes lolking. Finding them is much like any product, by looking at the ratings and reviews. Look at the authors history with said champion. Are they maintaining good stats at a diamond+ level? Then compare that guides information to pro-play. Together, you should get a good idea of a valid guide. It's a good idea to pick several top guides and read them all. You may come across an author that's easier for you to understand, or gives points another author may have left out.
CatSith (NA)
: @Riot Whats with the removal of Grievous Wounds from champion abilities?
They don't like hidden power. That's about it. Think...would GW make a LC$ big play? No? Deleted.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: I just played tank annie top vs nasus
: Infernal Nasus attack animations are buggy
: AvengeR's Assemsemble
Dedrius (NA)
: The reason people think he is so strong because most YoloQueue teams don't have the synergy to say "Ok we are against a Nasus, we are going to have to try to keep him underfarmed while he is weak, then group up around 15 minutes to punish his team if he continues to farm." That usually doesn't happen. What usually happens is Nasus hits around 500 stacks in 20-25 minutes or so (which most Nasus players can do) then he splits constantly while no one can deal with him because he can chunk with Q then Lifesteal his health back. The only problem I have with him is his wither. I understand it is his only mechanic to stick to carries but I think it is 1. Too long, 5 seconds is a shit ton of time to be increasingly slowed and it makes it way harder to abuse his weak early game for how hard he scales 2. The attack speed slow makes it impossible for most top laners to trade with him unless you are AP (Rumble, Vlad). Those are my thoughts on Nasus, he is a SoloQueue hero who capitalizes on the inability of teams to group up early and abuse the fact that he needs to farm up before being strong and I think his E needs to be changed/nerfed. As a Nasus main I am thinking you will not agree with any nerfs to your main but that is how I feel about him.
> [{quoted}](name=Dedrius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o6AHRTT3,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-07-01T22:57:35.781+0000) The only problem I have with him is his wither. I understand it is his only mechanic to stick to carries but I think it is 1. Too long, 5 seconds is a shit ton of time to be increasingly slowed and it makes it way harder to abuse his weak early game for how hard he scales 2. The attack speed slow makes it impossible for most top laners to trade with him unless you are AP (Rumble, Vlad). So much hyperbole it's hard to respond. If anything you've said in this paragraph were true he'd not only have a higher win rate, but also played competitively on some level. What's most glaring is that you don't understand how CC is integrated in champion kits. If you compare Nasus' Wither straight up you'll find it's on par with any other ability. This is especially true for a champion that's immobile. Additionally, players don't use Wither in lane for trading. Especially in the early game as you describe. He'd be out of mana and defenseless. If you played Nasus you'd know that. The only way he could actually make sustained trades using Wither would be with Blue, and even then it'd be a struggle.
: People might say that there are mainly 4 reasons why he is op. 1: Free lifesteal. 2: 40 flat armor pen (from his Spirit Fire), so when you penetrate the ADC, you penetrate her _hard_. 3: Wither. He can perma slow you if he has 40% CDR (which he will have once he completes a major item {{item:3110}} and from masteries and runes. The only stupid part is the attack speed reduction. Other than that, it is okay. 4: Ult dealing maximum health {{item:3070}} {{champion:58}} {{item:3070}}
> [{quoted}](name=Dunkrius2g,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o6AHRTT3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-07-01T22:03:53.531+0000) The only stupid part is the attack speed reduction. Other than that, it is okay. So you'd be ok with a bruiser with no gap closer, and no other form of damage reduction to just walk into range of damage? Ok.... Well, you better start looking at every other bruiser then because there's way worse things than Nasus' pitifully nerfed AS slow.
: "Nasus is OP because he can build full tank and face tank a tower with no minions and take it"
While i'm thinking about this.... Why is it everyone likes to hate on Wither? You never hear about any of the other chain CC slows. What about Nunu's snowball(IceBlast)? Never hear it mentioned, not once.
Anonagon (NA)
: I don't think anyone is actually stupid enough to say that he can 1v1 towers from full if anything about him is stupid its wither, but he's weak and nerfing wither would nerf his second biggest teamfight contribution (the first being focused down in one second because of the fear of "muh stacks")
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o6AHRTT3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-01T21:40:54.008+0000) > > I don't think anyone is actually stupid enough to say that he can 1v1 towers from full > > if anything about him is stupid its wither, but he's weak and nerfing wither would nerf his second biggest teamfight contribution (the first being focused down in one second because of the fear of "muh stacks") Wither is a shell of it's former glory. It's strength was gutted in half, then hit with reduced ranged. That alone killed his team fight. If anything the Wither needs a buff, not a nerf.
: night hunter rengar is an overrated skin
But he can flip the cowl on his head! That's cool! Cmon...admit it
: > [{quoted}](name=NateKiller,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=G8yAT5bJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-07-01T20:41:42.166+0000) > > Isn't that ~~an ARAM~~ Ranked Solo Queue? lol It is for me at least. ftfy.
> [{quoted}](name=Ballserium,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=G8yAT5bJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-07-01T20:41:51.471+0000) > > ftfy. hahaha
Show more

NateKiller

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion