Terozu (NA)
: What really irritates me about Yasuo is that he's supposed to be a late game champion.
You forgot to mention the fact that most mages literally fucking go oom trying to harass him in lane. Between his shield that recharges in what seems like a couple seconds, dashing around everywhere, windwall and lifesteal you simply cant harass him out lane. And if you try his manaless wave clear is so high that he just gets a CS lead hard pushing while you're oom. Meanwhile if you dont try harassing him he just fucking does a couple trades on you dashing through minions each one somehow chucking half your HP when he has no fucking items. Its lose lose because the champion is dumb as fuck.
: To be honest, this game went completely down hill in Season 6
Rioter Comments
: Can Yasuo Get Some Removals like Irelia/Akali?
Yasuo is one of the most frustrating champions to lane against as a mage. Between his shield. Lifesteal, Windwall and dashing around the minions most mages will go OOM before they can push him out of lane. Meanwhile he effortlessly pushes the waves with his no resource kit. Not to mention his damage is absolutely fucking stupid, post 6 if you get hit by a single tornado you're instantly 100-0ed and all he needs to pull this off is a fucking phantom dancer.
Rioter Comments
: How fcked up is the matching system of ranked??
Last night i had a Bronze player, finished last 3 seasons in Bronze on my team in a gold 2 game. Literally everyone else was gold or plat. W T F
: I wish Riot could just remove the Magic Pen from Oblivion orb and give it Grievous Wounds instead
: Ranked 2019 — /dev Update #1
Patch 9.5 Autofill Protection in Promo Series — We have heard feedback that it’s pretty frustrating when you get a position into a promo series, queue up for it, and then get assigned something different. After this change, you’ll be guaranteed* your primary selection if it’s in a series Umm this sounds like this will reduce the rate people not in promos get their primary position. Chances are theres a bunch of people in promos at any given time, so now ill just get booted to my secondary every time someone is in a promo and at my elo queuing at the same time? Sounds like a pretty garbage change to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k7OUHmTF,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-28T16:44:42.280+0000) > > Here's something that might shock you: Neeko ult is extremely overloaded, yet you don't complain about her and even say she is okay. Why is that? She has just as many things as Pyke, just not a heal, but she can actually build Health and she even has a strong shield. > > It's almost like this is a matter of perspective. Every champ has roughtly the same power budget. They are ALL by default "overloaded" around the same level, which just shows how vapid the term itself is. It's as vapid as "toxic" is. I get downvoted for this, yet anybody still has to prove me wrong. Neeko ult alone has -a shield -can move/flash during it -HUGE damage -HUGE ratio -HUGE AoE -stuns every target hit that alone is the entire kit of Annie in a single ability.
This comment is so insanely stupid I just dont even know what to say.
: So what doesn't Sylas have ?
So you come on the boards to complain about a champions design and you admit you havent even played him, just watched someone else. This makes a lot of sense. Next time maybe actually try to champion instead of just reading a kit and assuming its overpowered so you can avoid making ignorant posts.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: What is balancing team thinking?
Nerfs on Irelia and Galio make you think Riot is trolling?? LOL?????? Irelia who has been overpowered as fuck since her rework and Galio who was by far the best mid laner after that buff made him literally 3 shot mid laners at lvl 3. I fail to see how nerfing Galio Q only is 'decreasing everything' but ok. Seems like you're pretty clueless on the state of the game.
Naalith (NA)
: I have no clue how ADC mains play this role with any regularity.
You say this as if its somehow exclusive to ADCs when literally all squishy no mobility champions are suffering in this idiotic damage meta. Even mages who often have the luxury of longer ranges straight up get instantly deleted the moment someone gap closes on them. Look at pro play in the most recent games, what get picked mostly in mid lane? Lissandra who abuses Aftershock and has a mobility spell + high CC and fucking brusiers. Damage and mobility creep is completely fucking out of hand.
: Delete One: Champion, Item, and Rune
Easy {{item:3147}} {{champion:7}} Conqueror Theres pretty much no other list.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=yándere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgnccK8s,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-20T03:41:59.970+0000) > > A quick google search shows they are owned by Nielsen, a $6.2 billion dollar data company. Yes, and? You know what "argument from authority fallacy" is? I'm just asking questions. I'm questioning the veracity of those numbers instead of believing them blindly. If the information came from Riot directly I would never not problem with it. We know Tencent and Riot don't disclose this type of information. I'm just curious to know **exactly** how they manage to get it.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgnccK8s,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-20T04:13:19.204+0000) > > Yes, and? You know what "argument from authority fallacy" is? > > I'm just asking questions. I'm questioning the veracity of those numbers instead of believing them blindly. If the information came from Riot directly I would never not problem with it. > We know Tencent and Riot don't disclose this type of information. I'm just curious to know **exactly** how they manage to get it. Yes clearly a multi billion dollar data company is in business by spreading false information. Im sure large companies pay them millions of dollars for date no reason whatsoever. And clearly other gaming websites list them as a source because they are unreliable. You're a clown.
Rioter Comments
: Yes, every projectile except Lux's ulti and Vel'Koz's ulti. Even things like Camille E (the throw, not the dash)
Xerath Q goes through windwall as well. Syndra W
: not cool to tell someone else his opinion is stupid, when you could just limit to say you don't agree
Opinions can be stupid. Opinions can be wrong. Merely having an opinion, particularly one thats not supported by facts or evidence, doesnt entitle you to any kind of respect for that opinion. I dont simply 'not agree' because that would suggest that his opinion could have merit when it does not. If i were to say that in my opinion the Earth is flat. Are you go tell me, ' I dont agree with you' for making an absurd and false statement? My opinion that the Earth is flat has no merit, and im objectively wrong. To say that you respect my opinion that the Earth is flat when it is objectively false is idiotic.
: A mage complaining about bruiser items when mages dominates literally all roles with their broken items
LOL? https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ahep5r/excel_esports_vs_splyce_lec_2019_spring_week_1/ Damn mages are so broken that pro players literally picked 0 of them in this game from today. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ahfxge/rogue_vs_misfits_lec_2019_spring_week_1_postmatch/ Mages so broken. Literally one mage picked this game too. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ah9xz6/afreeca_freecs_vs_sk_telecom_t1_lck_2019_spring/ Oh whats this? SKT winning a game today with literally 0 mages on their team??? https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ah8uh1/geng_vs_sandbox_gaming_lck_2019_spring_week_1/ Damn another one, another 0 mage team comp. I guess pro players are just stupid and you know way more than they do. MAGES SO BUSTED. Funny how mages are 'so broken' and yet Juggernauts and get bruisers get picked more mid lane than actual mages. Also funny how the most popular mage {{champion:127}} is actually a low damage mage with a lot of CC who abuses Aftershock because shes the only one that can survive in this bullshit meta. Keep being clueless tho.
: I said level 9, at which point you probably have ludens (many ori's get it first item) You've probably got about 100 AP (ludens+dorans ring+any adaptive damage, i just picked 100 for easy math,technically it'd be more) Most bruisers (top/jg) are probably not building magic resist (I'll take Darius, very common bruiser, who has 40mr [39% dmg reduction] level 9) Q = 180+(50) = 230 W = 105+(70) = 175 Ludens = 100+(10) = 110 Summon Aery = 24+(10) = 34 230+175+110+34 = 549 before resist ---> 39% dmg reduction --> 378 So assuming you put in the extra ap and possibly other secondary runes you have on, you can easily hit 400+ damage with a Q+W level 9 Edit: There goes about 1/4 of Darius' hp from a low cooldown ranged ability which he can't really do anything about since it outranges his E and also slows him
Lol ya there goes 1/4th of Darius's HP and then she cant do it again for 5+ seconds. Too bad Darius would could easily kill her in that amount time. So according to you its overpowered to take a large chunk of someones health bar ever 5 seconds without having the ability to kill them, but its perfectly balanced for a bruiser to just straight up kill you within 3 seconds. Amazes me people like you cry about mage damage when its gated by cooldowns. No mage can one combo a bruiser but bruisers easily one combo mages while easily surviving all their damage. As a mage you're dead before your cooldowns are back up unless you heavily poke them down before they get on you.
Bârd (NA)
: Is it just me, or is Neeko's kit kind of half baked?
Point about E is pretty stupid honestly. 1. Stun is much stronger then a root, 2. Root duration is actually 0.7 / 0.9 / 1.1 / 1.3 / 1.5 unless you hit multiple targets which isnt guranteed and requires effort. 3. 1 / 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 higher base duration on a better CC type. 4. Bard is a support not a mid burst mage Apples and Oranges, really stupid comparison.
Rioter Comments
Roark1 (NA)
: Recently released champions reflects Riot's poor balance choices.
You trying to compare Zoe and Neeko to Pyke is a joke. Zoe and Neeko are NOT mobile champions, this is just blatant hyperbole on your part. Pyke has infinitely more mobility than either of these champions. Neeko has a short and relatively low speed boost Zoe has an ability that returns her to spot she cast it and a speed boost only when she has summoners. How the fuck is this mobility on the level of invisibility + high movespeed W, Dash + stun E and Dash ultimate? Im totally against the hyper mobility bullshit Riot is adding into this game, but using mages who only have shitty movespeed boosts as an example of this is absolutely stupid.
: I find it funny that this is the clip you use as your evidebce. He's got 200 cs and 9 kills. Obviously nobody stopped him from farming early shown by his 3 deaths and the enemy teams 13 kills. He's 3 levels up against a team of pure squishies. Before anyone says aatrox isn't squishy, look at his build. Dude has got his core items finished, stacked and his ult juiced up from running from baron pit. He also has presence of mind, blue buff, baron and seraph passive. Sure presence of mind is stupid on him but it really only starts mattering late game where he is supposed to be good.
'No one stopped him from farming early so he should be able to 1v5 penta kill while dashing 10 times with 1 second cooldown' Great argument.
: Gonna be unpopular here, but he had a 3 level lead on half the enemy team, no idea if they had any MR built, I'm assuming he was fed as hell being almost full build at level 16, nevermind the maxed out {{item:1082}} ...if you're going to make a point, some of these need to be taken into account. Though I will concede him not running oom after the 5th-6th Riftwalk is horseshit; he shouldn't be hitting THAT hard for itemizing that hard into mana.
This is a really stupid argument. He was ahead, so what? He had 3 items thats not 'almost full build' No champion should be able to do what Kassadin did in that clip ahead or not.
shabingi (NA)
: when is kassadin getting real nerfs?
Yup these nerfs are fucking pathetic. Armor and HP regen? What the fuck is wrong with this balance team.
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations Part 2
Phantom Dancer seems like a terrible design to me. It will basically make ADs particularly hyper carries like Vayne impossible to burst down. Not to mention its a massive Yasuo buff. Fun. Calling it now this item is going to be stupid and get reverted or nerfed later. But Riot for some reason lacks foresight to see how they are breaking their game with dumb changes time and time again. ADCs dont need defensive items, damage in the game needs to go down as a whole which would fix the problem. The only reason ADCs seem so squishy is because damage is completely out of hand.
: Fear of Tank Metas vs What We Have Now
Except the viability of tanks and enchanters isnt the sole reason for a 'damage meta'. A huge contributing factor is the new Runes system which straight up increased burst damage. Another factor is buffs to itemization that further increases upfront burst damage like {{item:3285}} {{item:3147}}
Meddler (NA)
: Initial difference was set that large since we had concerns around how dominant, and passifying, defensive stats can be really early on. In retrospect we skewed too far in the other direction though. We're only buffing Armor a little because, looking at stats for Rune Stat performance, it's already in a higher performing spot than MR, fairly comparable to other options already. Do want to use this as one of the places to chip damage down, but don't want to remove choice from those slots. Edit: Oh, forgot to add - we also don't treat the gold efficiency values as uniform throughout the game. Some stats change significantly in value by game phase. HP5 is probably the strongest example of that, with each point being the equivalent of more other stats worth of gold early in the game than it would be later.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=eJ3T6JR4,comment-id=0008000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:01:12.317+0000) > > Initial difference was set that large since we had concerns around how dominant, and passifying, defensive stats can be really early on. In retrospect we skewed too far in the other direction though. > > We're only buffing Armor a little because, looking at stats for Rune Stat performance, it's already in a higher performing spot than MR, fairly comparable to other options already. Do want to use this as one of the places to chip damage down, but don't want to remove choice from those slots. > > Edit: Oh, forgot to add - we also don't treat the gold efficiency values as uniform throughout the game. Some stats change significantly in value by game phase. HP5 is probably the strongest example of that, with each point being the equivalent of more other stats worth of gold early in the game than it would be later. I dont see how its fair to decease Magic damage so much more significantly than physical damage considering many physical damage dealers are among the worst offenders for insanely high burst damage. Not to mention the near endless options available for armor penetration.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4G357qx,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-11T01:40:02.375+0000) > > Skillshots are the definition of interactive gameplay. They give your opponent the opportunity to position against them and dodge. Landing them has everything to do with what your opponent can do. Point-and-clicks and stat check champions are non-interactive. Except the skill shot in question has the AOE safety net that allows Zoe to be rewarded even if she didn't actually hit the champion. And this still doesn't account for her ability to fire them safely from fog of war with only a little planning.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4G357qx,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-11T01:49:31.944+0000) > > Except the skill shot in question has the AOE safety net that allows Zoe to be rewarded even if she didn't actually hit the champion. > > And this still doesn't account for her ability to fire them safely from fog of war with only a little planning. Except you're literally fucking clueless and dont seem to have any idea how her ability works even after multiple people pointed it out to you so maybe you shouldnt be commenting in this thread?
: Her Q isn't nearly as difficult as it seems. And the reason for that is its AOE impact. Add this onto being a MUCH EASIER shot with a MAJOR damage boost when combined with her bubble and you have a recipe for non-interactive gameplay where your opponent can't do anything in most cases when you land the bubble. Because Q is AOE impact, there's a lot less safety for the enemy laner as Zoe can still hit them even after they've dodged. And because she has so much damage loaded into her Q, she often just needs to land one to get a big advantage. Know who has a similarly frustrating ability? Blitzcrank. The difference is that Blitzcrank often doesn't do the damage required to force a back/secure a kill on his own. While I approve of the idea that terrain should give an indicator for her bubble, I'm not sure it will be enough warning.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4G357qx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-10T22:13:47.515+0000) > > Her Q isn't nearly as difficult as it seems. And the reason for that is its AOE impact. Add this onto being a MUCH EASIER shot with a MAJOR damage boost when combined with her bubble and you have a recipe for non-interactive gameplay where your opponent can't do anything in most cases when you land the bubble. > > Because Q is AOE impact, there's a lot less safety for the enemy laner as Zoe can still hit them even after they've dodged. And because she has so much damage loaded into her Q, she often just needs to land one to get a big advantage. Know who has a similarly frustrating ability? Blitzcrank. The difference is that Blitzcrank often doesn't do the damage required to force a back/secure a kill on his own. > > While I approve of the idea that terrain should give an indicator for her bubble, I'm not sure it will be enough warning. Uhh no? First of all you're full of shit suggesting that Zoe's Q isnt difficult to land. Landing any Q is easy. Landing Max range or long distance Qs against players who arent trash is not remotely easy. Its an extremely telegraphed and easy to dodge ability. Second of all Zoe's Q aoe does reduced damage to secondary targets and actually has to hit something for the AOE to trigger so you're literally talking out of your ass with false information
: Did you even read the Neeko notes? Passive: Mostly a NERF. Low level use of Glamour has a 10 second longer cooldown! It does give W an additional utility ...... but ONLY IF YOU USED IT WHILE DISGUISED. 10 Second tradeoff for 20% Mag Pen? It's a tossup. W: This is a direct buff, but not really a strong one. She's been struggling to hit ults or lane combos because enemies can outrun her move speed scaling, and loses a lot of opportunities others wouldn't. _**E: HUGE double nerf. Nerfed both the Ratio AND the base damage. AND the root duration.**_ R: Much more of a nerf than a buff. 30 sec more CD in exchange for an AP ratio to the shield per opponent nearby. The shield doesn't do near as much for her as the 90 Second cooldown does. NERF. Imo, this is a wash or at best a slight buff. Hardly something to throw a tantrum about.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oHncjqlr,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-01-10T00:08:42.908+0000) > > Did you even read the Neeko notes? > > Passive: > > Mostly a NERF. Low level use of Glamour has a 10 second longer cooldown! > > It does give W an additional utility ...... but ONLY IF YOU USED IT WHILE DISGUISED. 10 Second tradeoff for 20% Mag Pen? It's a tossup. > > W: This is a direct buff, but not really a strong one. She's been struggling to hit ults or lane combos because enemies can outrun her move speed scaling, and loses a lot of opportunities others wouldn't. > > _**E: HUGE double nerf. Nerfed both the Ratio AND the base damage. AND the root duration.**_ > > R: Much more of a nerf than a buff. 30 sec more CD in exchange for an AP ratio to the shield per opponent nearby. The shield doesn't do near as much for her as the 90 Second cooldown does. NERF. > > Imo, this is a wash or at best a slight buff. Hardly something to throw a tantrum about. E changes are a revert of yesterdays build not an actual nerf of live.
Dr Dog (NA)
: last time i checked neeko was already strong why buff her
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oHncjqlr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-09T22:17:18.985+0000) > > last time i checked neeko was already strong why buff her Because shes actually not strong? The only people who legitimately think this are low elo scrublords or hyperbolic boards posters who look at her ult damage without context and flip out. OPGG currently has her at 47% as do similar sites. Her early- early mid game is decent, her late game is trash. She falls off pretty hard and the graphs on these websites prove this. If you actually played her instead of just crying on the boards you might have actually noticed this yourself. Ultimately shes a squishy mage who needs to get up close to use her ultimate and maximize her damage. This is fine for early game, by mid late game you're dead just trying to run close enough to use your ultimate or in the 1.25 seconds it takes to actually trigger. (Here is where some idiot points out {{item:3157}} and where I point out how easy it is to merely walk out of the ult if Neeko isnt moving, unlike Morg ult you're not slowed from the beginning of the ult cast) They also removed the Slow from her ult and increased its CD.
Rioter Comments
: Most tank damage increases have been due to reworks or mini reworks {{champion:113}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:12}} And then the one outlier who's just stupid due to his W {{champion:516}}. Galio is plain stupid and riot don't know what to do with him. {{champion:150}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:111}} along with most support tanks are fine imo > If tanks need damage for jungle you can simply put X does +% damage to minions and monsters on their spells. Pretty simple solution. They can but they don't. Season 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, most jungle tanks are garbo tier unless they directly counter someone (eg rammus) with the 3 tank reworks being pro play problems for a few months. I've asked about that solution in the past to buff naut jg and meddler said they try not to go that route if possible. If I were to nerf their damage I'd nerf their burst spells (as tanks generally are meant to deal DPS) {{champion:12}} Q base nerfed {{champion:32}} Cursed touch true damage 10% to 8%. Bandage toss nerfed by 10 dmg/lvl. {{champion:3}} Base damage and AP scaling nerfed on P, Q, E. + Q base health% reduced to 1% from 2%. Ally damage reduction given back to his R. MR scalings added to his Q and R. {{champion:79}} Q base damage nerfed. E hitbox fixed, flash interaction removed. W base damage reduction halved at all ranks, scaling increased to 6% per 100 HP **Ideally change him back to a pure mage, he deals too much damage for a tank, and is too fat to be a brawler like rumble or elise** {{champion:57}} Q base damage nerfed. W turned into a skillshot dash. {{champion:516}} Shield returned to his W. Brittle %HP ratio nerfed {{champion:78}} Q %HP value reduced to 5% {{champion:113}} reverted or partially reverted {{champion:98}} reverted {{champion:154}} Ultimate reverted. If a tank hasn't been suggested, tis cos I think they're fine or weak
> [{quoted}](name=AbyssBeast,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Xjb593P,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-07T01:12:03.989+0000) > > Most tank damage increases have been due to reworks or mini reworks {{champion:113}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:12}} > > And then the one outlier who's just stupid due to his W {{champion:516}}. Galio is plain stupid and riot don't know what to do with him. > {{champion:150}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:111}} along with most support tanks are fine imo > > They can but they don't. Season 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, most jungle tanks are garbo tier unless they directly counter someone (eg rammus) with the 3 tank reworks being pro play problems for a few months. I've asked about that solution in the past to buff naut jg and meddler said they try not to go that route if possible. > > If I were to nerf their damage I'd nerf their burst spells (as tanks generally are meant to deal DPS) > {{champion:12}} Q base nerfed > {{champion:32}} Cursed touch true damage 10% to 8%. Bandage toss nerfed by 10 dmg/lvl. > {{champion:3}} Base damage and AP scaling nerfed on P, Q, E. + Q base health% reduced to 1% from 2%. > Ally damage reduction given back to his R. MR scalings added to his Q and R. > {{champion:79}} Q base damage nerfed. E hitbox fixed, flash interaction removed. W base damage reduction halved at all ranks, scaling increased to 6% per 100 HP **Ideally change him back to a pure mage, he deals too much damage for a tank, and is too fat to be a brawler like rumble or elise** > {{champion:57}} Q base damage nerfed. W turned into a skillshot dash. > {{champion:516}} Shield returned to his W. Brittle %HP ratio nerfed > {{champion:78}} Q %HP value reduced to 5% > {{champion:113}} reverted or partially reverted > {{champion:98}} reverted > {{champion:154}} Ultimate reverted. > > If a tank hasn't been suggested, tis cos I think they're fine or weak They try not to go that route for what reason? Because they are fucking idiots. There is literally no drawback to that mechanic as it already exists on multiple champions. Like i said, blatantly ignore simple solutions in favor of over complicated reworks so they can jerk each other off about how brilliant their new designs are. Meanwhile its often reverted, terribly balanced or just straight up makes the game worse.
: Except this is Riot Games were talking about here. **IF** they would try to implement your suggested solution, they're gonna try to beat the bush around it.
Riot doesnt like simple solutions for some reason. Its like we could do X to solve this, or we can completely rework this, add in this mechanic, ect ect. And their more complicated solution is a massive failure that makes the game worse more often than not.
: issue is tanks need dmg to jungle and lane
I said low damage not no damage, tanks certainly do not need their current level of damage. As it stands tanks are currently not very tanky and can pretty much burst squishy champs. If tanks need damage for jungle you can simply put X does +% damage to minions and monsters on their spells. Pretty simple solution.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: any meta is a mistake, the best meta would be a meta where no class is mandatory what i'm talking about is that there were people who said that if you nerf damage, you get a tank meta when in reality anyone surviving 2 more seconds would NOT create a tank meta if a tank and a carry both survive 2 more seconds, nobody ends up better
Make tanks tanky while dealing low damage. Problem solved. Too hard for the imbeciles over at Riot games tho.
AjXtar (EUW)
: Burst meta summarized in one video
Good and engaging gameplay. Really good display of counterplay, skill and outplays on both sides. This game is just so much fun right now, glad Riot continually denies that damage is too high.
: Pretty sure cowsep isn't challenger. Yes yi is a strong splitpusher when he gets his rageblade and bloodrazor and conq, but in teamfights hes useless 9/10 times. Hes easily bursted and killed, and his early game is punishable by current meta champions {{champion:5}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:80}}
And you're completely missing the point. His early game is shitty but if he gets fed or makes it to late his damage is utterly disgusting and he just shreds everything in 1-2 seconds. Its solo queue, you have random teammates and people that 'shouldnt' get fed do get fed sometimes. The entire concept of shit early game but 1v5 if fed because of broken late game kit is dumb as fuck. It creates shitty feast or famine gameplay where either the person playing the champion isnt have fun or the enemy team isnt.
: yi is shit
Meanwhile Cowsep is challenger in Korea only playing Yi? Yi is quite overpowered, the only thing stopping him from not being completely broken is that fact that he needs to snowball a little and get to mid game, at which point he just instantly shreds everyone. Its the same thing with Vayne, her early game sucks but give her a couple items and shes absolutely fucking disgustingly broken.
Mindzur (NA)
: WTF exactly is the counterplay to conqueror Tryndamere other than CC out the ass?
More like what exactly is the counterplay to Conqueror????????? Delete this fucking rune.
: The main problem with this meta.
: ADCs are only bad because everything fucking blows you up!
: 95% of the things wrong with the game right now are just symptoms of the insane damage.
Amazes me how this thread could get downvoted for speaking the truth
: CDR being all over the place is part of but not the only problem. Trinity use to not have any CDR n it but now it has 20% and is the first item often completed by many fighters. Same goes for all of the haste AP items where is long ago Archangels had none and the same goes for Luden's while many mages take the 10% CDR once level 10 rune. CDR is capped much faster than it use to be. But runes and more specifically keystones are likely more to blame for the damage creep as well as tank items having been all around nerfed since season 2. 1350 health warmogs, never forget. Oh and yea a lot of tank items have CDR where other stats being higher like MR or health could actually be useful in making players decide which to take when just lookingfor an MR item and not so much an MR + CDR item. Say on something like {{item:3194}} or {{item:3001}} had 70 MR but no CDR as an example.
If champions are killing you with a single rotation how is CDR contributing to the damage? If champions are killing you in 0.5-2 seconds how is CDR contributing to the damage? Literally all you're saying is that theres more CDR in the game, but its a SUSTAINED DAMAGE stat NOT a BURST DAMAGE stat. Its increasing the damage you deal OVER TIME which NO ONE is complaining about. They are complaining about burst damage.
: People say this?
Sadly yes, just read the boards and reddit. Its pretty idiotic honestly.
Rioter Comments
: The Damage Creep Meta is a Complex Issue with Many Sources that Have Caused it.
The suggestion that CDR is causing the high amounts of damage in this game is utterly moronic. When people say damage is too high they mean that BURST damage, aka damage that occurs in a short period of time is too high. In current league people die in 1-3 seconds. Doing BASIC MATH tells you that even with 40% THE VAST MAJORITY OF CHAMPIONS cannot recast their spells a second time during this window. Second of all damage is too high at ALL POINTS IN THE GAME including when people have literally 0 CDR so how the fuck is CDR the cause?
: Champions such as Velkoz & Xerath should NEVER be "supports"
Theres basically two problems contributing to this. 1. Damage is too high, particularly from Runes making mages bot extremely effective. If you get hit by the spell its not just the spell damage but also Comet or Aery AND Scorch resulting in rank 1-2 abilities dealing over 100 damage in a single hit. You can dodge multiple spells but the one that hits you still chunks you down. 2. Bot is the place for reject mages who arent very good at actually being mid laners. Part of it is like you said, many of these champions simply cannot deal with assassins or high mobility champions so struggle in solo lanes. If you look at the requirements for being a strong mid laner most of them either have reliable or semi reliable damage, as well as self peel and an ability to survive. The problems with champions like say Xerath or Vel'koz is that their peel is extremely unreliable, slow and easy to dodge. Add to this mobility from the champions you are trying to hit and these peels are virtually useless.
: They will lower. They said on beyond the rift
> [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IKyGxcH2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-25T19:36:18.049+0000) > > They will lower. They said on beyond the rift LOL. Dont get your hopes up. They have said this shit before and nothing changed.
Show more

Nausicäa

Level 55 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion