: "Playing video games all the time is really childish."
Well, to be fair, I'd much rather be out and about on most nights going to parties or hanging out with friends. Occasionally playing video games is fun, but I don't want to date a guy who spends all of his freetime playing games.
: Let's relive Clannad's saddest moment:
That seen wasn't the saddest IMO. It was either the one with the story of Kotomi's parents, the cat, or when he tells Ushio he will be her dad.
QUAGSlRE (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=qkYsGJ51,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-05-30T23:26:49.690+0000) > > Tracer's new pose solved all the complaints everyone had with the original pose. It was significantly less sexualized and it was playful and fit her character well. I don't see how that relates to your point. there was very little that was wrong with the old pose.
> [{quoted}](name=xXAkali360Elite,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=qkYsGJ51,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2016-05-30T23:28:36.845+0000) > > there was very little that was wrong with the old pose. Other than that it was already used on like 3 different female characters besides tracer already, and it was a bit out of character compared to how tracer normally acts.
: is Riot afraid to introduce gay champions?
Tracer's new pose solved all the complaints everyone had with the original pose. It was significantly less sexualized and it was playful and fit her character well. I don't see how that relates to your point.
: most Anime is the same trash - boy lives normal life, turns into a hero surrounded by asshole girls
Steins;Gate was great! Though it was a bit silly that the genius half American/Japanese scientist girl who joins them is like 18...-_-|| I would have thought she was at least 20 something.
: The only thing I see from doing this is it makes Vel'Koz's E completely obsolete. I think vector casts are smart for obvious reasons, but fixing this problem pulls a Sona 2.0 with Vel'Koz.
> [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NxaRhVrW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-26T12:37:47.977+0000) > > The only thing I see from doing this is it makes Vel'Koz's E completely obsolete. I think vector casts are smart for obvious reasons, but fixing this problem pulls a Sona 2.0 with Vel'Koz. The two aren't remotely similar. Taliya is a control mage who requires the W to land her E combo while Vel'koz is a burst mage who mixes true damage with magic damage. You don't pick either champion for their knockup.
: I enjoy Taliyah's W as double cast rather then vector cast
Even then, if you correctly use your W, I don't see any reason why you would ever want to use it for the knockup. You can always just knock them in such at way that they remain the same distance away from you in the end. But you could always make a minimum drag range before the ability would launch forward. Like, say you have to drag at least 2 teemos in a direction for the ability to launch directionally. Anything less and it launches in place.
: This reminds me of people who cut themselves because they enjoy the sensation.
> [{quoted}](name=Zuko Prince,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=KzA7Rie7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-26T02:26:23.079+0000) > > This reminds me of people who cut themselves because they enjoy the sensation. It actually snaps you out of depression/sadness very well. Addictingly well.
Fritterz (NA)
: Social Experiment
Pickles taste amazing. ^^
: Aka Girls Who Deny Adding You On Skype
Lol...? For real? We don't add you because we don't want you trying to hit on us. We get enough of that in real life and would rather have quality friends who don't put women on a fucking pedestal than complete losers.
: I True Support Main Has at Least 3 Support Champs They Can Play
{{champion:4}} is my favorite support. Season 2 I was 30-2 doing it in ranked with a 90% winrate. XD 2s stun every 3.4-ish seconds is absurd, and you can gank lanes. Build CDR+Tanky and you constantly stun major enemy threats.
: How much is your hourly wage/ or salary
That annoying part where you have tabs open from last night and accidentally necro a post...
spombjop (EUNE)
: Dont pick twisted fate into Darius...
To be fair, the TF is terribad either way...that blue card...
Top PIz (NA)
: There Is Only 1 Thing I Want the Next Champion to Be
Scythes are actually very effective weapons, but when they were used in battle, the blade was put on the pole vertically, giving a cutting slashing attack while also having the ability to stab. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dnd4/images/6/6f/Kerr-4-WarScythe.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150119140553
Akaviri (NA)
: So Riot finally made a normal human female champion since 2013
What's wrong with her face? She looks cute. I don't see why every female champion needs to look like a super model and be as conventionally attractive as possible. You already have 90% of the female roster looking that way. What is so bad about variety? Sheesh.
: If you could put a touhou character in LoL
: UPDATE: Play games that matter with /remake
This kind of sucks... I play League with the mac client, but sometimes it bugs out and I can't connect for about a minute or two. With this new system, I'm going to be flagged as leaving even when it was just a slight delay in getting connected. Sorry, but 90 seconds of DC time is way to little...
: What would it take to get Riot Squad Singed?
> Limited Edition Skins will never come back, ever, or they will make it exceptionally hard to get such as guessing correctly all of the LCS Playoffs Winners. That's what they said with the last limited edition skins, but they started selling them in the shop again anyway. I don't see the big deal with letting people buy the skin if they like how it looks.
: Is it normal that "xD" and "xd" triggers me so much??
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM4HUFiryc it makes a decent custom skin tho
> [{quoted}](name=KrazeeSkull16,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=9l8Rrxbm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-15T04:36:49.504+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM4HUFiryc > > it makes a decent custom skin tho OMFG, the hopping makes it so amazing X3
: Why didn't Warhammer Franchise sue Blizzard???
They did sue them way back in the 90s for the original starcraft because it was supposed to be orcs and humans in space...thus star-craft like war-craft. Changing the orcs to protos is what settled the lawsuit.
: holy, the PD and trinity force build on yasuo is amazing
Tri NEVER did total AD. It's been base since the game came out in 2009. -_-
: The media's pundits, they're saying it's going to be Hillary Vs. Trump.
It seems very unlikely that any Republican candidate can stop trump at this point since he's very close to achieving enough delegates for the party nomination. He only needs about 200 more and there are plenty of states left. On the Democrat side, Hillary is the favored candidate among the super delegates and she's also winning the popular delegate vote, so Burnie honestly never really had a chance unless the party heads decided to change their support to him. Incase you didn't know, the Democratic party has normal delegates which anyone can register to be, and special delegates, which are specially chosen by the party heads. Their purpose is to control the nomination so that demagogue populous candidates like Bernie can't get elected. Edit: Actually, I just heard Cruz and Kasich dropped out, so it is indeed Trump for the red.
Rioter Comments
Nekolie (NA)
: Can someone clarify Vel'Koz?
Got it. I hope they clarify it with a more obvious visual effect then
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: URF tier list from PBE Experience
I wonder if the new 5% cdr mastery affects the increased CDR cap.
: Debonair Shen, Jhin and Zed
That zed. ._. I'm wet. Riot please!!!
: I'm tired of video games They have ruined my life
You are 18, relax. Stop acting as though your life is completely over.
CLG ear (NA)
: What's your real name?
: the reason Riot does not want to create smart bots who replace AFK/troll..
Honestly, making bots like that would require a heavy investment that frankly isn't worth it. They would have to update them as items changed and new champions came out, telling them how to react to the character, or they would have to invest in machine learning algorithms to make anything even remotely competent. And even then, the AI of the bot would likely be exploited by even a decently skilled player and taken advantage of for free kills. Moreover, you'd have to account for varied skill level since a bot that manages not to feed in a diamond game will probably decimate bronze players. Doom bots were pathetically easy to beat. Their AI was terrible and they only were even slightly a threat because they were completely rigged with stronger abilities and stats. Most of my friends never even died to them, let alone lost a game to a "doom" bot.
: His concept is a fighter-support with lots of gem armor though. He realistically can't be thin.
> [{quoted}](name=VaynexVlad OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KYpEU8rj,comment-id=00430000,timestamp=2016-04-04T22:10:32.553+0000) > > His concept is a fighter-support with lots of gem armor though. He realistically can't be thin. I don't see how that applies with half the female roster being as thin as they are despite having as much if not more armor. Most of them should probably have builds more like Illaoi. He wears about as much as Riven does, but she still has pencil arms.
: Taric's new splash?
I'm slightly sad to see the Fabio art direction. I was finally hoping we would get more tall and thin guys rather than chiseled face beefcakes. Maybe he will look better in-game though. *crosses fingers*
: Riots done they can't make anything better than this.
Awww, I'm slightly saddened by the fabio look. I was hoping he was designed to be more tall and thin instead of another beefcake with a chiseled face.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mEVQIxvG,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-04-04T03:57:28.776+0000) > > I'm honestly flabbergasted at the fact that everyone is complaining about Blizzard giving a character a unique pose instead of the generic one that was reused on like 5 different characters already. Its not the pose. Its the reasoning and why its happening people are against. Something like this, and the non-release of DoAX 3 in the West, and the changes made in SFV to the female animations and some moves are to many a blatant invasion and overstepping of bounds by the SJWs and the new sex-negative feminism, and the ideas of people like Sarkeesian and Wu.
> [{quoted}](name=Paragon Fury,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mEVQIxvG,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2016-04-04T04:10:21.774+0000) > > Its not the pose. > > Its the reasoning and why its happening people are against. Something like this, and the non-release of DoAX 3 in the West, and the changes made in SFV to the female animations and some moves are to many a blatant invasion and overstepping of bounds by the SJWs and the new sex-negative feminism, and the ideas of people like Sarkeesian and Wu. I read the post and it presented really sound arguments for why it should be changed. They weren't mean or aggressive and as a result, more content was created rather than less. How is that a bad thing? I'm so sorry that yet another female character wasn't completely objectified when games are already overflowing with sexy bimbos. Besides, DoAX 3 was not released in the west because of it receiving a higher ESRB rating than expected. They didn't want their game to be rated M, though frankly it should be since those games are basically sex romps and nothing more. If anything, people should be mad at the publisher for not toning the game down or just releasing it with the higher rating. What I saw was a fan who created a steam post asking for them to do something better with a character they liked and Blizzard did so because they felt that it was a reused asset and didn't really work for the character anyway. I see nothing wrong with a company catering to its customers. It's like people want women to play video games, but they get mad when women want to make the game have changes they prefer.
: Tracer #Buttgate - Shots fired by professional cosplayer at Heroes Championships
I'm honestly flabbergasted at the fact that everyone is complaining about Blizzard giving a character a unique pose instead of the generic one that was reused on like 5 different characters already.
Top PIz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0ybAsKGm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-04-04T03:45:51.261+0000) > > It's really not that hard to get into a relationship, just put yourself out there. Ah, but you see, I'm a shut in :|
> [{quoted}](name=Top PIz,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0ybAsKGm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-04-04T03:49:15.862+0000) > > Ah, but you see, I'm a shut in :| Yeah, well that's kinda of something you should fix then. <.< Try like going to gaming events on meetup.com or other hobbies you like. Who knows, you might meet someone special, or at least develop friends who can help you meet people.
Top PIz (NA)
: I Often Wonder What it Would Be Like to Be in a Relationship
It's really not that hard to get into a relationship, just put yourself out there.
: Taric is reworked, will Riot change him from gay to straight?
Last I heard, he had a charm. I personally hope that they make him a charming, sexy, and flirty male. Even better if he is interested in men. ^^
: Who misses Doom Bots?
Doom bots were way to easy. It was basically a free win and there was almost no challenge...
: Ahri gives you and your main this look at the pool
Mmm...hot lesbian sex with {{champion:161}} tentacles? I can get behind this. X3
Sumec (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:59:55.211+0000) > > in fact yes it is ok because the art work falls under freedom of speech laws as a way to express oneself. it is perfectly ok. Oh boy, we've reached the first amendment argument. This discussion was never about whether or not you have the right to do something. It's about whether or not you _should._
> [{quoted}](name=Sumec,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=00070001000000010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T23:08:06.512+0000) > > Oh boy, we've reached the first amendment argument. > > This discussion was never about whether or not you have the right to do something. It's about whether or not you _should._ Frankly, I think the better argument is just that we're paying customers just like any other person. Why are we always told to go away whenever we'd like some input on design? PS: Sumec, I like you. Add me kay? ^^
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=000700010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:56:27.540+0000) > > Because I'm a customer? Isn't that a good reason? That's literally the justification used all the time for why artists should create more sexy or cute female characters! Ugh...I don't understand. People complain females don't play video games, but as soon as girls play and begin adding our own influence to design, suddenly we're the winey ones. It's really annoying. This is why most of my friends don't play video games. SJWs dont play video games and you know it.
> [{quoted}](name=Matezoide,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:57:27.213+0000) > > SJWs dont play video games and you know it. You assume these aren't that common of views shared by women in general. Most women agree with this to some degree, they just aren't nearly as vocal about it because they don't care about the medium. There is a reason video games are glossed over as boys club.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:12:47.679+0000) > > Are you seriously this upset because you can't see Tracer's ass in a pose? Not only was the pose already reused on like 5 different female characters, it was totally out of character for Tracer. It would be like Riven donning a bunny suit and stripping (o wait that happened). Blizzard acknowledged the pose was poorly done and just reused assets, and in exchange, they are actually going to produce a NEW pose for her different from the others who use it. So you are actually getting MORE content from blizzard because of complaints (of which this complaint was pretty well worded). > > How would you feel if a heroic character like {{champion:157}} or {{champion:23}} had an animation where he pulled out a rose, and posed erotically. You would see it as weird and out of character or maybe even bothered by it. That's the problem, male characters are never momentarily sexy or put in fan-service situations unless they are specifically designed around the theme of sexy. Unless they are the pretty boy flamboyant lady's man archetype (who tend to be more comical than sexy), they always have to be cool, heroic, comical, or creepy. Meanwhile, it's perfectly ok to take a female character, who in no way has a flirty or sexy personality and put her sexy pose. That's why people are upset. > > And you guys wonder why video games are 90% males. You actually have no fuckin idea what you're talking about PS Heatseeker yas and trynd would be fuckin hilarious
> [{quoted}](name=Best KhaZix Void,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=00070003,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:56:02.365+0000) > > You actually have no fuckin idea what you're talking about > > PS Heatseeker yas and trynd would be fuckin hilarious That's the point, you would find it hilarious and the skin would be sold as a "joke skin". The character design and art direction would reflect that. It wouldn't be a serious attempt at trying to make a character that has honest sex appeal to mainstream women as any actual appeal would be secondary to marketing it to you as a man.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:49:19.281+0000) > > Lol? See, this is about as sexist as it gets. I complain about X therefore I must be fat and ugly. Because I don't agree with you I'm clearly not attractive right? Believe what you want to believe about me on the other side of this computer. It's honestly hard to not laugh at your comment, ironically. > > Believe it or not, I actually have the body type most of the women in league have. Guess what? That's not a body type that's actually common among women. Sorry, but most women don't have an hourglass figure, nice breasts for a frame that size, long legs, and a nice butt. I don't need sexy characters to identify with, I am sexy. I want characters that are well written. I have no problem with Ahri being sexy because her character is literally designed as a temptress. I find Zyra's to be a bit cliche as a naked plant lady with zero support for why she would act sexy. then go become a game art designer, and feel free to design what you want. Im having a hard time trying to figure out why any artist should cater to your needy wants.
> [{quoted}](name=GotRektGG,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=00070001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:52:45.935+0000) > > then go become a game art designer, and feel free to design what you want. Im having a hard time trying to figure out why any artist should cater to your needy wants. Because I'm a customer? Isn't that a good reason? That's literally the justification used all the time for why artists should create more sexy or cute female characters! Ugh...I don't understand. People complain females don't play video games, but as soon as girls play and begin adding our own influence to design, suddenly we're the winey ones. It's really annoying. This is why most of my friends don't play video games.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=00070001000000010000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:35:16.712+0000) > > So do you just not want to attract female gamers to the games you play? Clearly not since the minute they express their opinions on things, it makes you angry because the game isn't completely catered to your tastes and fantasies. You want women to enjoy video games AND you want them to enjoy it the way you like it. I know several females who like the fact that they can play caitlyn or lux or ahri or any other considerably "sexy" female character. The difference is that they are open minded and are not ugly and dont get upset about every tiny bit of skin. The main reason some females cry about the sexualization of women in games is the pure fact that they are too ugly in reallife and get offended by seeing pretty women showing that they are pretty, it makes them depressed.
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Broken Wings,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=000700010000000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:41:04.081+0000) > > I know several females who like the fact that they can play caitlyn or lux or ahri or any other considerably "sexy" female character. > The difference is that they are open minded and are not ugly and dont get upset about every tiny bit of skin. > The main reason some females cry about the sexualization of women in games is the pure fact that they are too ugly in reallife and get offended by seeing pretty women showing that they are pretty, it makes them depressed. Lol? See, this is about as sexist as it gets. I complain about X therefore I must be fat and ugly. Because I don't agree with you I'm clearly not attractive right? Believe what you want to believe about me on the other side of this computer. It's honestly hard to not laugh at your comment, ironically. Believe it or not, I actually have the body type most of the women in league have. Guess what? That's not a body type that's actually common among women. Sorry, but most women don't have an hourglass figure, nice breasts for a frame that size, long legs, and a nice butt. I don't need sexy characters to identify with, I am sexy. I want characters that are well written. I have no problem with Ahri being sexy because her character is literally designed as a temptress. I find Zyra's to be a bit cliche as a naked plant lady with zero support for why she would act sexy.
Sumec (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Enosense,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:30:18.366+0000) > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cFR9OCkud7k/maxresdefault.jpg > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rRnYpudMwYg/hqdefault.jpg > http://apollo-eu-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/1438000443/leagueoflegendswallpapers.com-League-of-Legends-Pool-Party-Graves-Wallpaper.jpg Made for men so they can be the radical buff dude. You keep missing the point that 'sexy' male characters are modeled to fill out male fantasies. Female sex object characters are not for the sake of women, they're for the sake of men who are turned on by them.
> [{quoted}](name=Sumec,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=00070001000000000001,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:38:04.451+0000) > > Made for men so they can be the radical buff dude. You keep missing the point that 'sexy' male characters are modeled to fill out male fantasies. Female sex object characters are not for the sake of women, they're for the sake of men who are turned on by them. This. Literally this. Like seriously, the most attractive men in this game tend to have skinny bodies like Ezreal, but I've seen nothing but complaints whenever a skinnier physique is introduced by mostly men saying they aren't masculine enough.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:27:14.141+0000) > > It will stop when this stuff is actually handled equally. Half of the female champion roster in league of legends makes flirty remarks to the summoner. Look at how many scantily clad females are in the game! For sexy males you have...idk, Twisted Fate? He's probably the most "sexy" character I can think of that is closer to main stream female sex appeal, and that's mostly because of his suave voice and personality. People who point to the "males are sexualized too" argument miss the entire fact that they seem to have no idea what women actually like. So basically you are salty that females dont get the same fanservice in a game in which 90% of the playerbase are males? Uhm....I guess thats ....reasonable? ... No.
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Broken Wings,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000001,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:31:44.689+0000) > > So basically you are salty that females dont get the same fanservice in a game in which 90% of the playerbase are males? > Uhm....I guess thats ....reasonable? > ... > No. So do you just not want to attract female gamers to the games you play? Clearly not since the minute they express their opinions on things, it makes you angry because the game isn't completely catered to your tastes and fantasies. You want women to enjoy video games AND you want them to enjoy it the way you like it.
Enosetc (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerocaliber,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:27:14.141+0000) > > It will stop when this stuff is actually handled equally. Half of the female champion roster in league of legends makes flirty remarks to the summoner. Look at how many scantily clad females are in the game! For sexy males you have...idk, Twisted Fate? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cFR9OCkud7k/maxresdefault.jpg https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rRnYpudMwYg/hqdefault.jpg http://apollo-eu-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/1438000443/leagueoflegendswallpapers.com-League-of-Legends-Pool-Party-Graves-Wallpaper.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Enosense,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=tVkGAROA,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-29T22:30:18.366+0000) > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cFR9OCkud7k/maxresdefault.jpg > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rRnYpudMwYg/hqdefault.jpg > http://apollo-eu-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/1438000443/leagueoflegendswallpapers.com-League-of-Legends-Pool-Party-Graves-Wallpaper.jpg Err...are those supposed to be sexy? Pantheon looks comical and Garen is a boring tower of man meat with no personality. Graves in that skin? Ehhhh...maybe if you like bears or dad bodies he could be considered sexy in that pose, but where is his dialog flirting with the summoner, where is his suave confident attitude? Nope, he talks about shooting things up with his gun. You just illustrate my point that you don't seem to have much idea about what gives a male character mainstream sex appeal.
Show more

Nekolie

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion