: The MYMU is not about correcting flaws or 'fixing champions". The roster changes are designed to make each member of the class feel unique and distinct to play. When I think of what a burst mage should be, I think of Annie or perhaps Leblanc. Annie is a fairly binary character who's unique ability/playstyle is centered in Tibbers. However, Tibbers doesnt feel impactful after that initial summon. Riot is looking to make Tibbers more frightening post-summon to highlight that iconic interaction. Syndra on the other hand is super unique. However, syndra doesnt see play becasue of her low ratios. Riot has her balanced this way because she is too good at evrything. When you have single or multitarget cc and tons of damage, somethings got to give. Riot has stated that they want to focus on the fantasy of her balls becoming more menacing over the course of the game. Hope this helps.
they should just do to syndras balls as to what malzahards voidlings do over time.
: She is not "absolutely awful" she has a sky high skill cap. Her mana is horrid yes but tear fixes that quickly. She is a little lacking in burst but all the mages are right now AP is shit. If the mage update fixes that and brings back the true burst mages then it'll be fine.
There not going to fix APs burst damage, their going to fix their sustain as is the purpose of the Spell Vamp Mid Season Upgrade to mages. Riot is literally just duct taping everything and their getting to the end of the role, its not going to end well.
IICrowII (NA)
: I am profoundly disappointed that the word "vision" didn't even show up in this post. The vision game is much less interesting than it was before this season, with much less play and counterplay involved for all players. This has contributed a lot to the game health issues. And whereas in previous seasons, the trinkets were tweaked virtually every patch to make sure that core game component was as good as it could be and constantly improving, this season it's just been left to rot.
If anything, there is to much vision. You used to see in he LCS people going to ward and getting picked off, I have literally watched majority of this season, and I dont think that i have even seen a third of the amount of players getting picked off as they used to. Riot has talked about over and over how they want the game to be focused around a 5v5 team interface, and above is exactly the result of not staying grouped. They remove green wards from the game because they said there was to much vision, yet I feel as though there is equal if not more vision then there was with green wards. Also I really dont like how teleport is a must have in game. Lane matchups arnt even a highlight in a game that is based around 3 lanes. Ignite is overlooked which is a Lane summoner. Teleport plays are about as exciting to wait and watch for as someone playing AP Master Yi.
SCP 1762 (NA)
: That'll be amazing, esp since it'll make mage vs debuff based assassins ({{champion:7}} {{champion:238}} mainly) a bit easier and less of an instant lose lane.
If you are losing to those champions, its because you lost the matchup because you do not know how to play the matchup. Which means your playing against people who are better then you. Champions like the two listed above, are supposed to 1 shot you. So for people getting angry because they dont know how to avoid that from happening, perhaps riot has misjudged your skill level.
ıYawn (NA)
: 100% agree as{{item:3140}} needs more build paths
No No No it really does not need more build paths. If that item has a build path for every type of champion in the game it would ruin pvp, which is what that item already does. When league first came out, it was about protecting your ADC and your APC, the 2 champions on your team that actually did and were only supposed to do damage at the 40+ minute marker. The CC chains are supposed to get absorbed by the front line or the tanks. BUT NOW that is not how the game is being played. Tanks do way more damage (so instead of protecting they are attacking) then they are supposed to, APC dont 1 shot anyone anymore like a true mage is supposed to do. Bruisers are no longer played properly and ADC have been forced into essential AD-Casters instead of the tradition late game right click damage. Do I think that late game ADC should do more damage in 3 seconds just right clicking instead of 3 seconds of casting 2 spells and 2 right clicks, no that is not balanced, nothing is barely balanced in the new way league is played and its apparently clear in the way the meta is currently. The jungle is twice as difficult as it used to be, baron buff is generally useless, and dragon buff + rift herald are useless objectives aside from preventing Mordakaiser and his magical dragon from wreaking havoc on your team. Every season that has past has done nothing but reward those who dont put their time in. I dunno why they wouldnt want to reward those who actually spend more time playing their game. It used to be you put in your hours, you learn a champion, you get your runes and then after 10-15 games you should be better then the people you are playing. It feels like they are trying to cater to the players who play maybe 10-15 games every 3 months, with lowering the skill requirement to play. That is not good for competitiveness especially since their Ranked Que, is really not balanced either.
: What are Your Thoughts on the Current Meta?
There is no meta, there is only powerful and not powerful. Currently do to the mass overhaul of game mechanics powerful is lots of hp with mediocre damage. Champions like {{champion:78}} and {{champion:111}} who require a some serious skill to effectively use properly are the top tier top lane currently. They scale so well with hp based items that barely require any offensive itemization due to their overpowering CC. A {{champion:78}} can smash you against a wall, stunning you then knock you up in the air making you useless for 3-5 seconds depending on how much tenacity you have with a full rotation of her spells. ADCs on the other hand are very balanced with the new itemization. {{item:3508}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}} Gives you CD reduction for building Critical Strike. What an awesome idea. ADCs now spend 9000 gold, and effectively get 13,000 gold worth of stats, which makes them the most powerful role in the game.
: Why is there no pokemon in League?
Well if you like dragons you can train one with this guy {{champion:82}}
: WHEN IS PATCH 6.7 COMING OUT?
: Can we have a "training" or "serious" normal game mode?
All you have to do is find a club or a team with the same goals that you have stated above, and all of your problems will go away.
Revali (NA)
: Wanting to expand champion pool a bit
If you want to get better you need to play someone harder to play. Each role has a variety of champions you can choose from that fits many play styles, so it would be really good if the champions you main are different from each other. Like your mid, you have a ekko who is good as early game damage and a viegar who is great in the late game, you should add something that would be good in the middle game. mid - {{champion:238}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:99}} jungle - {{champion:64}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:11}} top - {{champion:78}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:111}} adc - {{champion:81}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:51}} support - {{champion:16}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:117}} I tried to pick champions from each tier of cost
: Petition: Malzahar Final Boss skin
they already have final boss veigar, therefore due to the rules they cannot have two final boss mid apc :(
: You don't gain any AP ratios from Corki's passive. It just makes half of his damage from autos magic/physical.
> [{quoted}](name=Jazzyforcefield,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V01jWXNa,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-03-22T23:08:56.314+0000) > > You don't gain any AP ratios from Corki's passive. It just makes half of his damage from autos magic/physical. uh, well if you build AD it gets converted into AP, there fore it scales...
: Patch 6.6 notes
why would you not just make tiamat a jungle item. It makes more sense then runic echos, the sheen buff now has 10% cdr and reflect that from the AD counter part that has 10% cdr. Granted there would be 5 jungle items to choose from but that would make much more sense to me having a reduced jungle stats item, rather then trying to fix and create another problem for an item that is used as jungle and lane phase, would make it all good
: Are you mentally ill riot balance team? Why are you buffing Kha'Zix?
Kha is all about positioning and mopping up a team fight very similar to how a katarina works or any assassin for that matter. Most people that play assassins dont even play them the correct way. your not supposed to be in the front line, your supposed to be in the back waiting for the moment to go.
: Can we get a spell vamp starter item like Doran's Blade?
They are changing how spell vamp works to be more useful. Spell vamp was changed several seasons ago along with the way mages were ment to be played. Used to be dorans ring and then rush to 1200 gold and go back to base and grab the hextech and then rush back to lane and you could sustain the lane util you would be able to farm enough gold for a {{item:3089}}, but the game has changed, you cant afford to be sitting in lane with 3k gold while your lane oppenent has spent that gold making you an easy target to kill cause hes spent his gold on stats, and your gold is just sitting there in your inventory. You cant do that anymore because they changed majority of mages AP ratio to do less damage in the early game making spell vamp pretty much a useless stat, and then once you get into the late game, spell penetration is valued more over vamp due to lack of healing that is done from spell vamp.
: Viktor gets straight nerfs
If they need to nerf anything, it should be corkis passive. changing all his AD physical damage to deal magic damage is a cool concept, but the ratios dont work out. You build AD and you gain AP ratio, thats the way akali was but then you changed all her skills around and screwed around with her mechanics. The only thing that needed to be changed about akali was her W, the additional armor and magic resistance were useless so giving it the bonus movement speed was a better change.
: Don't do it, he will get high af in all your games and stand in the middle of lane getting poked all to shit.
> [{quoted}](name=Windup Orianna,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=mBJH07Ev,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-21T00:49:56.880+0000) > > Don't do it, he will get high af in all your games and stand in the middle of lane getting poked all to shit. Hes completely right, thats why i am bronze
ßoy (NA)
: Is this a Mecha Fiddlesticks or Karthus?
: Yorick Rework ..If I was Rito
I think they only thing the should change about yorick is he should have a rage bar, and whenever he reaches his rage bar he throws his shovel at them knocking them out for 1-2-3-4-20 seconds stunning their opponent.
: OMG RIOTS NEW R.A.N.D.O.M. IS FINALLY IN PROGRESS!!!
Champion - {{champion:42}} Passive - {{champion:42}} Q- {{champion:42}} W- {{champion:42}} E- {{champion:42}} R- {{champion:42}}
: How is poppy balanced?
> Actually there's a number of champions that work well against her both in and out of lane, typically they're tanks that offer more reliable CC or other things to the team. Champions like Malphite, Trundle, Sion, Nautilus, even Darius does well against her The concept of needing to play a tank to counter a tank is just silly. I dont understand why a tank does damage, there job is to get in and absorb as much damage as possible while dishing out some form of CC. The only thing a tank should be able to kill is a minion or a 10% HP champ, thats why most tanks have more forms of CC, because they lack damage. Somewhere riot got it in their heads that tanks should be the mainstream of a team comp, when yea every team should have something beefy to mitigate some damage from the ADC and APC burst damage. There just like, we have 10 different types of champions that we classify them as, but now what were gonna do is take champions like bruisers and make them useless because of how the meta has shifted with the need for teams to have 2-3 tanks because ADC and APC do way to much damage because of their skills, not because of items.
: Kha and Youmu
or you can just learn to cast your youmus before your about to run away
: Mid Year Mage Updates - Zyra Direction
I think you should just change her passive to something similar to that of {{champion:420}} in which her passive plants seeds next to newly planted seeds from her w, however give a different type of reaction. You have a ranged plant and a melee plant so theres really not much elts you can do except maybe give them bonus damage.
Rioter Comments
TMG Cone (NA)
: TMG is looking for teams for our Spring Split!
GL, I hope everything works out well
Knalxz (NA)
: Totally not a trap honest question to Rioters about Taric's rework.
i hope they complete his rework with an arcade taric skin, where all of his spells throw upvotes and downarrows whenever he casts spells. Like when he smashes his ult into the ground hundreds of downvotes appear all around and then when he heals someone a rainbow will appear with the words fabulous connecting the two champions
: Looking for somebody to do a challenge with
: How is this not worthy of an S?
obviously because you stole all the kills. a good teammate will always share the booty
Unerseer (NA)
: Will Evelynn ever be good again?
The situation doesnt matter, its how it effects the play of other players, thats why they had to change rengars ult and make it so when he was about to pounce on you you would have a warning pop up above your head. The lower level players had a difficult time with their map awareness and would complain whenever all of a suddon someone was on top of you going 100%-0 because of the invisibility. Its pretty sad that lower level players change the game because they are bad.
: Club or Chat for Older Players?
add me ingame, im watc hing lcs right now
: Will we see Aatrox get changes to his health cost on abilities?
You can still play Aatrox, but you just have to use his abilities effectively. Hes mainly a right click champion meaning that all of his spells shouldnt be used until most of his health has been drained, thats when he gets stronger. I usually play Aatrox in the jungle, and max his W first so that way he gets more health restored and his sustain lasts longer, that way when you get to late game you can count on his lifesteal to make him viable.
: How to Tell your friend he isn't as good as he thinks he is.
Hes the type of person that needs to be in a Duo lane. He doesnt grasp the concept of taking and receiving damage, thats why he needs someone to be there with him to heal him so he doesnt get wrecked so easily.
Ladayen (NA)
: Your cs when you mid is really bad, it's only slightly better elsewhere. You've upgraded your trinket exactly once this season, which suggests you probably use it very little if at all. You also have a fairly nigh number of deaths in most games win or lose. You get bad teammates because quite frankly you're bad. Work on getting yourself better if you want better teammates.
> [{quoted}](name=Ladayen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4UOM5Oig,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-20T06:41:38.356+0000) > > Your cs when you mid is really bad, it's only slightly better elsewhere. You've upgraded your trinket exactly once this season, which suggests you probably use it very little if at all. You also have a fairly nigh number of deaths in most games win or lose. You get bad teammates because quite frankly you're bad. Work on getting yourself better if you want better teammates. So what your saying is, that he has been paired with bad players because he doesnt upgrade his trinket? Maybe he likes to use wards so he has map awareness. You are assuming shit that does not effect how the matchmaking system should work. Its impossible to always match people up with similar skill level. You are just unlucky. You are never going to get matched with people of equal skill level until you get into platinum or master, so get used to the fact that one game your going to have a good team and the next your not. With that said, you just just focus on trying to improve your game because the reality is because climbing the ladder is completely random and theres nothing you can do about it.
: Looking for a Mentor
I would be open to helping you as well. Im not high elo, but im more of the type of person who can explain things better then I can do them, so If you you would like to talk then let me know, add me in game.
: ZZ'rot too weak?
ZZrot is literally the only item in the game where you can buy armor and magic resistance, and your complaining that something that prevents waves from making your waves stronger as a unique element of the game, and you want it to be more beneficial?
Unerseer (NA)
: Will Evelynn ever be good again?
No she wont, simply because she has the ability to go invisible, which makes majority of people who play LoL have to have map awareness and then rage when they get killed by something so imbalanced as the fact of having to be aware of a game mechanic
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Kaokentake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PJybAUX7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-20T18:56:53.334+0000) > > i HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest you purchase a 10 dollar (yes they are that cheap) level 30 account and start playing ranked. your account will be placed into bronze 5 which is GOOD. > This is the exact reason why playing ranked LoL is STUPID People doing it who shouldnt be doing it to make 4 other people rage and 5 other people happy. Ranked is ment to be competitive, not a place to learn.
Dealth (NA)
: My first amumu loss..
I didnt realise Amumu was a 100% winrate champ
: I like how Riot has effectively killed the support role, and still hasn't even addressed the issue.
Well how about we go back to the old system where you would have 2 minute ques and have to fight and argue over who goes what role. MID OR FEED REMEMBER>?
: Why ranked?: Why ranked isn't fun or rewarding right now
Becuase you have to be held responsible for the actions of 1-4 other people who you do not know. Because its a team game, and thats riots philosophy.
: Am I missing something about Deathfire Touch?
people use deathfire because they only plan on hitting a champion once with a spell to harass, instead of the 3 attack combo that the blue one provides. They are the same but its just a matter of what champion does what skills.
Stering (NA)
: we need more tenacity with all the hard CC in the game
Tenacity is a useless stat. There are 5 champions in the game that have silences, and tenacity is useless against knock ups. So realistically the only thing it effects are stuns and slows. Now, majority of stuns are 1-2 seconds, and since tenacity is only what 25% of that, the most you get out of it is .35 seconds of less stun, when if you get stunned in the first place you need to work on your dodge skills. Theres a reason why no one uses tenacity boots anymore other then for the bonus MR.
: I just bought graves and wasn't charged in ip.
[Click Me](https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/22/f9/de/22f9de8a31b22db58506e2f16bfa3039.jpg)
: > So I read majority of what you wrote above and you clearly have issues with all the wrong things. Let's take a look! > > I will agree with you that the overwhelming point that you made about how champions do not reflect their lore the way they should be is a big problem. It is important that a character reflect their background, but you have to look at Riot as a whole. When you go to their Game Info page, and if you actually look at some of the pages, you will realize that that stuff isnt even up to date. It's kind of frustrating that, whilst you do not even read my thread properly (no offense, but you making this comment kind of proves that), you actually do take the time, after you've rushed ''reading'', to write this entire post. I mean no offense, but it's frustrating. Just to be clear: No. Lore is out of the question here. Champions should play according to their theme. This is the exact reason why they've put more emphasis on Quinn and her bird Valor (she can actually fly with her now!), Graves feels more like a dude wielding a shot gun, Corki gets to fly more because he's in a plane after all, and so on! Take Sion. His lore used to say he got additional magical powers after his resurrection, which more or less implied that even though he was a dude wielding an axe, he was also going to do some weird, abstract magical stuff! Did his old gameplay match his old lore? Hell yes. Is it incredibly bad for the game to have lore explain for awkward, unfitting, in-game mechanics? Hell yes. Was Sion's old kit a very good example of a very badly designed character in terms of gameplay? Hell yes. His rework is much better, he gets to do more stuff an undead warrior with an axe would do. His shield, however, still make absolutely no sense. And there's a good chance Riot wouldn't include that ability another time if they'd ever rework him again. This hasn't anything to do with lore, but just having to do with looking at a character, identifying the champion's theme, and making sure the gameplay delivers on selling you that character with that specific theme. The moment an undead warrior with a big axe is able to form a magical shield around him and allowing him to detonate it to magically make it explode, is where things go wrong. Similar to this, old trees like Maokai shouldn't be able to teleport to you. It's a thematic, gameplay inconsistency. Just like the fact that it's sad that Zyra doesn't truly play like the nature mage of league of legends, because rather than being all about her plants, her plants are merely an addition to her kit, and most of her power just boils down to circular, bursty AoE's that are not very different from a Brand W or a Ziggs ult. PS: Riot just posted a thread with the directions they are going to take with Zyra, and they're pretty much saying the same thing. > Now, you need to change your point of view from customer to Riot. Riots has 2 priorities. > 1. Money > 2. Esports > > I know your saying to yourself, what about customer satisfaction, game development and the long term. Well all of those follow under Esports, and since esports is another way to make money then riot really only has 1 priority in Money. > And the game would be a better, more popular eSport and a more successful (Kha-ching!) game the moment every character lives up to it's theme. Characters tied to unifying, resonant themes with matching playstyles and very defined strengths and weaknesses makes room for a game that is as accessible as it can be, as readable as it can be, and as fun as it can be. Not to mention how counterplay would be improved! (No more Maokai jumping on you ''just because'' you were in range, or Master Yi ending you without you being able to do hardly anything). > Which brings me to my next point, Its League of 20 Champions. In a game, with over 100 champions, that literally gives you more team combinations then odds of winning the powerball, why are the same 20 champions banned and picked every game... Well new players, most of them, do not understand the concept of a draft. The purpose of the draft is to counter pick a champion, but when 4/5ths of the champions in the game are statistically useless vs the other 1/5, there is no point in having a draft. Pros and Lower elo players, pick the champions that are over powerful, completely removing the team synergy aspect out of drafting. > What im trying to say is, it is very difficult to have a balanced game when you have people playing it professionally and people playing it for fun. > > There are way to many problems with how the game is played, and I have addressed that above. Riot will continue to evolve league, hopefully into something that is more interesting to watch, because if they dont they will fail. The same champions are picked over and over and over again because most of them all struggle to be the best at the same role. Creating more diversity fixes this. This is also explained thoroughly in my thread. Riot will continue to work on League and try to evolve it, yes, but as long as they have this ''WE WANT EVERYONE TO TEAMFIGHT'' mentality the game is still going to be as generic, stale, boring and repetitive. PS: I've been up for about 24+ hours now and I've been working very hard this past few days to get this thread and video out. My apologies if these posts haven't been very clear or if I came off a little harsh or agitated. Will return tomorrow (I'm from EUW) and look at this again. But if there's anything I'd like to tell you: please, read the thread or don't bother. **The reasons you've brought up why you think League is in a very bad state right now is what I have brought up as well, only, there is a very important underlying problem, and this all leads back to a lack of consistent theming. Which is the root of the cause of all problems: accessibility, readability, poor counterplay, the same champions being picked over and over and over again, every match feeling the same, etcetera.**
> [{quoted}](name=Yaime Loveheart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1gHXgBAb,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-03-18T02:59:29.279+0000) > > Let's take a look! > > It's kind of frustrating that, whilst you do not even read my thread properly (no offense, but you making this comment kind of proves that), you actually do take the time, after you've rushed ''reading'', to write this entire post. I mean no offense, but it's frustrating. > > Just to be clear: No. > > Lore is out of the question here. Champions should play according to their theme. This is the exact reason why they've put more emphasis on Quinn and her bird Valor (she can actually fly with her now!), Graves feels more like a dude wielding a shot gun, Corki gets to fly more because he's in a plane after all, and so on! > > Take Sion. His lore used to say he got additional magical powers after his resurrection, which more or less implied that even though he was a dude wielding an axe, he was also going to do some weird, abstract magical stuff! Did his old gameplay match his old lore? Hell yes. > Is it incredibly bad for the game to have lore explain for awkward, unfitting, in-game mechanics? Hell yes. > > Was Sion's old kit a very good example of a very badly designed character in terms of gameplay? Hell yes. > > His rework is much better, he gets to do more stuff an undead warrior with an axe would do. His shield, however, still make absolutely no sense. And there's a good chance Riot wouldn't include that ability another time if they'd ever rework him again. This hasn't anything to do with lore, but just having to do with looking at a character, identifying the champion's theme, and making sure the gameplay delivers on selling you that character with that specific theme. The moment an undead warrior with a big axe is able to form a magical shield around him and allowing him to detonate it to magically make it explode, is where things go wrong. > > Similar to this, old trees like Maokai shouldn't be able to teleport to you. It's a thematic, gameplay inconsistency. Just like the fact that it's sad that Zyra doesn't truly play like the nature mage of league of legends, because rather than being all about her plants, her plants are merely an addition to her kit, and most of her power just boils down to circular, bursty AoE's that are not very different from a Brand W or a Ziggs ult. > > PS: Riot just posted a thread with the directions they are going to take with Zyra, and they're pretty much saying the same thing. > > And the game would be a better, more popular eSport and a more successful (Kha-ching!) game the moment every character lives up to it's theme. Characters tied to unifying, resonant themes with matching playstyles and very defined strengths and weaknesses makes room for a game that is as accessible as it can be, as readable as it can be, and as fun as it can be. Not to mention how counterplay would be improved! (No more Maokai jumping on you ''just because'' you were in range, or Master Yi ending you without you being able to do hardly anything). > > The same champions are picked over and over and over again because most of them all struggle to be the best at the same role. Creating more diversity fixes this. This is also explained thoroughly in my thread. > > Riot will continue to work on League and try to evolve it, yes, but as long as they have this ''WE WANT EVERYONE TO TEAMFIGHT'' mentality the game is still going to be as generic, stale, boring and repetitive. > > PS: I've been up for about 24+ hours now and I've been working very hard this past few days to get this thread and video out. My apologies if these posts haven't been very clear or if I came off a little harsh or agitated. Will return tomorrow (I'm from EUW) and look at this again. But if there's anything I'd like to tell you: please, read the thread or don't bother. **The reasons you've brought up why you think League is in a very bad state right now is what I have brought up as well, only, there is a very important underlying problems, and this all leads back to a lack of consistent theming. > > Which is the root of the cause of all problems: accessibility, readability, poor counterplay, the same champions being picked over and over and over again, every match feeling the same, etcetera.** Do you not understand the concept of deception? You shouldnt be able to look at something and know everything about it. Should you have to explain why sion has a magical shield that explodes? I guess, but really who cares, its not something that is going to prevent players from playing. Its more of you are saying that the game should be better because Riot did not do a good enough job making the champions as good as they could have, and I am saying that the rate of which the game has evolved is because of Riots poor decisions. Basically the same thing. Riot designed champions based of the current state of the meta, and the short term direction the game was going. They were not thinking long term, so thats why champions such as your magical doom death lord have a magical shield. Im assuming what they did was take an incomplete concept of a champion and add a skill that would counter the meta. Instead of taking time to fix the problems at hand, which was not to add more champions, but to just balance the statistics, items, masteries and runes. They went about it all wrong.
Lyless (NA)
: Not that I expect help, because I won't get it.
Lyless I think you have no idea how to actually play Cho Gath, so what your doing is saying everyone says hes to be played as AP but I cant kill anyone so everyone must be wrong and I cant be wrong ever because Im always right. But to answer your question, if you want to build ad, look at what an ADC builds, then do what he does. There is literally only like 3 different build paths you can go into with AD, I dont understand whats so difficult about that.
JRobin31 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yaime Loveheart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1gHXgBAb,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-18T00:22:50.736+0000) > there's simply no room for these major thematic inconsistencies like this: > > Why does the Monkey King do more deceiving than [Leblanc the Deceiver? ](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2012/12/champion-redesign-leblanc-deceiver.html) > > [Why does Kha'Zix have passive that does more damage to isolated targets if it would be more fitting better on this guy who's supposed to be the embodiment of a nightmare that haunts you?](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2012/12/champion-redesign-nocturne-eternal.html) > > And why does this same creature evolve himself when it'd be more appropriate for [this half-robot man to do that by engineering his own suit?](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2012/12/champion-redesign-viktor-machine-herald.html) Viktor’s passive is called ‘’Glorious Evolution’’ after all. > > Wouldn't it be cool [to make Alistar play like a bull](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2012/12/champion-redesign-alistar-minotaur.html), while this would make room for [this guy which is basically a placeholder for what we know of Alistar today so League of Legends can still have a colossal figure that heals and headbutts people?](http://lolchampdesigns.tumblr.com/post/34494405492/original-champion-edmund-the-abomination) > > And while I'm at it I might as well say it would be so much more readable and fitting that instead of this robot hooking people, [you let this guy do that.](http://lolchampdesigns.tumblr.com/post/36449434900/original-champion-ronan-the-fisherman) > > Fixing all of these problems would make room for a game with way more interesting stuff, and more diversity, where for example the support role could consist out various niches offered by champions that could be yet again divided into the three strategic playstyles of territorial, aggressive, and control. > > Like this [Lux could finally be the mage of light of League of Legends](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2013/02/champion-redesign-lux-lady-of-luminosity.html), that supports her team by defensively granting them vision, where [Vel'Koz the Eye of the Void could provide vision in a way more aggressive way](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2015/03/champion-redesign-velkoz-eye-of-void.html) and getting up in the team's face with [his cute, iconic, mini-sauron,](http://imgur.com/VZZe8dN) and [Teemo could grant his team vision in a more versatile way](http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/2012/12/champion-redesign-teemo-swift-scout.html) by being the swift scout that he is and dropping his mushrooms. You seem to have problems with things like bulls that heal allies or trees that can move as if these are the sorts of things should be driving the mechanics of champion play. Am I misreading?
> [{quoted}](name=JRobin31,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1gHXgBAb,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-18T02:18:24.223+0000) > > You seem to have problems with things like bulls that heal allies or trees that can move as if these are the sorts of things should be driving the mechanics of champion play. Am I misreading? I think hes mad because when Brand lights up Maoki he doesnt burst into flames
: Why League of Legends Isn't As Awesome As It Could Be - @Morello, @Meddler
So I read majority of what you wrote above and you clearly have issues with all the wrong things. I will agree with you that the overwhelming point that you made about how champions do not reflect their lore the way they should be is a big problem. It is important that a character reflect their background, but you have to look at Riot as a whole. When you go to their **Game Info** page, and if you actually look at some of the pages, you will realize that that stuff isnt even up to date. I mean, come on, they dont even have skuttle crab in the info and its been what, 3 months since Season 6 was released? Theres also a bunch of other things that are wrong with their game info page, such as champions and items, BUT its okay, because they have updated some of the champions icons to cool flashy visuals like this one right here [here](http://cdn.leagueoflegends.com/game-info/1.1.9/images/icons/promo/Garen.gif) Now, you need to change your point of view from customer to Riot. Riots has 2 priorities. 1. **Money** 2. **Esports** I know your saying to yourself, what about customer satisfaction, game development and the long term. Well all of those follow under Esports, and since esports is another way to make money then riot really only has 1 priority in Money. You stated above, What has Riot been doing the last 3 years? Well I will answer that question for you, they have been transitioning league into Esports. I can [Garen](http://cdn.leagueoflegends.com/game-info/1.1.9/images/icons/promo/Garen.gif)tee you that when League was designed, they had no ambitions of making it a professional sport. They still have the same problems they did when they started. The game is not balanced. Its balanced much better now then it was several years ago, because a few years back they actually sat down and crunched the numbers with the item changes in the following seasons and they continue to balance items to this very day. Rune pages were bland, and theres a reason why they have been changed twice. They were lackluster, and other then adding minimal effects to champions there basically was no real big difference between being level 10 and level 30. So what they did was they added the **Key**stone masteries. This in turn had another additional effect, in giving champions more damage then they are designed to have. If you remember back to the good old days when a skilled bruiser would be able to dominate a team fight, items had much higher value then they do today. Champion kills were worth more, as well as minions and so on and so forth the balance of gold was in demand, so that had a rework. If you recall, one of the biggest changes to items was that of the Needlessly Large Rod, and B.F. Sword. They lowered the damage at the cost of the item, and by implementing the new mastery pages, they have added that damage and more! back into the game in which they had previously wanted to remove. They reworked many champions mainly do to the fact that they removed point and click damage, and wanted to reward players for being able to hit skill shots for hopes of luring more skilled players into the game, and allowing players of lower skill players the ability to dodge damage while giving casters the ability to compliment a pro LoL player to show why hes a pro. So what Riot has been doing is wondering how they can attract and keep loyal paying customers. Well they have to use what they have, the item shop and their professional league. When everyone grows up they are told, You need a role model. So league has their own role models, and what happens? Everyone usually copies the pros. Thats why there is a **Meta**, so people who watch the sport have the ability to copy the pros and play that uber powered top lane Poppy (A champion that requires you to build no damage items yet do as much damage as an ADC for the first 30 minutes of the game and when you dive deep into those team fights 1v3 you will survive thanks to her balanced kit) Which brings me to my next point, Its League of 20 Champions. In a game, with over 100 champions, that literally gives you more team combinations then odds of winning the powerball, why are the same 20 champions banned and picked every game... Well new players, most of them, do not understand the concept of a draft. The purpose of the draft is to counter pick a champion, but when 4/5ths of the champions in the game are statistically useless vs the other 1/5, there is no point in having a draft. Pros and Lower elo players, pick the champions that are over powerful, completely removing the team synergy aspect out of drafting. What im trying to say is, it is very difficult to have a balanced game when you have people playing it professionally and people playing it for fun. There are way to many problems with how the game is played, and I have addressed that above. Riot will continue to evolve league, hopefully into something that is more interesting to watch, because if they dont they will fail.
Hòpe (NA)
: Can a riven main ( or high elo person ) help and give some advice.?
There are lots of things you can do improve your game, but more importantly practicing the same champ over and over has its highs and lows as well. One of the big things it sounds like your brother is having a problem with is the balance in damage given and taken. Now, since he is still new to the game and learning the match ups, he needs to continue to experiment and figure out what will work for him. Every champion cannot be played the same by everyone, that is basically why there are different levels of leagues. A Gold 1 Riven vs say a Gold 1 Yasuo might win that match up, but struggle against say a Riven vs Darius. Then lets say a Bronze 1 Riven loses vs the Yasuo and wins against the Darius, its only a matter of time before he understands his limits and match ups. Learning damage outputs is probably one of the most important parts of the game, and the more you play the more you will get better if you are practicing the right things. A really good tip I would have to suggest would be to try to avoid taking as much minion damage as possible, those little devils dish out way to much damage. Something I like to do is I wont harass my enemy until half of the minions in the wave are killed, leaving only the casters left to inflict the lesser damage of the two evils but I will not harass on canon waves. The next thing I would have to say is he needs to learn what runes fit his play style and what type of build you should go for. I personally prefer to get to max 40% CDR as soon as possible, so I can dish out those spells faster then my enemy gets their cds back up. Maybe something like this - {{item:1055}} {{item:2003}} >> {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} = {{item:3133}} + {{item:1001}} >> {{item:3071}} + {{item:3158}} Those will almost always be my first two items that I would get on a Riven, or any type of bruiser for that matter. A bruisers job is to get in there, do bunch of damage, take some damage and then get out and let your team do the rest. He needs to get creative with Rivens spells. When you watch majority of Riven players, they usually just smash all their skills and then get it, but thats really not the best way to play her. If you know what Rivens passive is, it causes her auto attacks to do increased damage every time she casts a spell. So if you add up all her spells, her passive stacks would consist of 5 or 6, i cant remember if her ult casts as a passive. So if you mash her spells then you have 5 extra attacks that do bonus damage right? wrong! She can only hold 3 stacks at a time, so that means that you are losing damage. My skill cycle is usually - E-Q-Attack-Q-Attack-W-Attack-Q-Attack then cast your ult and that usually will kill just about anyone, unless they are a tank like a poppy, so you would have to probably get her down to lower health before you combo her. Like I said earlier, playing the same champ over and over has its flaws as well. To truly know how to play against other champs, you have to know how they are played. He will never get the experience he needs if 100 of his games are played on the same champ, because watching someone play and playing someone are not the same thing. So I would suggest taking a break from the same champ, and mixing in some of the champions he is having a hard time playing against and once hes gets in the mindset of how that champ works, he should fair off better when he returns to Riven.
Meserion (NA)
: Item I wish Existed for Supports: Broken Stick of Nerdrage
Sorry, I do not approve of your copyright infringement upon my name
: Hi Airi! The ability to search for clubs is coming, but isn't available quite yet (obviously).
Is there an option in the Boards to locate like minded people?
Show more

NerdRageEngaged

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion